Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Taylor Swift - why did her career go straight to the shitter?

Discussia!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84November 21, 2019 4:08 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1November 14, 2019 2:55 AM

Of course it does, when she gives out free copies with her ticket sales!

by Anonymousreply 2November 14, 2019 2:56 AM

OP is such an embarrassment. I don't even like her or listen to her, but this thread is clearly the work of a not-too-bright troll.

by Anonymousreply 3November 14, 2019 2:58 AM

Sorry r3 but you're too late for the r1 spot! Better luck next time!

by Anonymousreply 4November 14, 2019 3:02 AM

R4, we know you're the biggest fag!

by Anonymousreply 5November 14, 2019 3:03 AM

R5 That is incredibly homophobic. Muriel, red tag that offender!

by Anonymousreply 6November 14, 2019 3:05 AM

Oh, calm down, Mary! You're on a Taylor Swift thread on Datalounge.

by Anonymousreply 7November 14, 2019 3:06 AM

I never saw it, so it's always been ... For me.

by Anonymousreply 8November 14, 2019 3:12 AM

I love T.S

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9November 14, 2019 3:12 AM

Nothing last forever. She hit her peak, now it's time to coast on her past glories!

by Anonymousreply 10November 14, 2019 3:15 AM

Is it true she's started day-drinking?

by Anonymousreply 11November 14, 2019 3:57 AM

I think it's because she's ugly and her music is shit.

by Anonymousreply 12November 14, 2019 4:20 AM

It hasn’t.

by Anonymousreply 13November 14, 2019 4:20 AM

She has a few albums left before she becomes irrelevant.

by Anonymousreply 14November 14, 2019 4:22 AM

A few? I think she's into negative numbers now.

by Anonymousreply 15November 14, 2019 12:47 PM

She should have stayed in her lane. She is supposed to be the innocent, wholesome, goody two shoes girl but she tried to be a sexy badass and ruined herself in the process. If it ain't broke, don't fix it..

by Anonymousreply 16November 14, 2019 1:20 PM

All of her female tween fans have grown up and moved on. My friend's 14 year old took all of her Taylor Swift crap off her bedroom walls two years ago.

by Anonymousreply 17November 14, 2019 1:37 PM

Has she given commentary on the impeachment hearings yet?

by Anonymousreply 18November 14, 2019 9:28 PM

#FreeTaylor is trending on Twitter! Did she get sent to the pokey?!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19November 14, 2019 10:55 PM

Ok it's because of this, I think

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20November 14, 2019 10:58 PM

More:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21November 14, 2019 10:59 PM

Final!~

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22November 14, 2019 10:59 PM

It's too funny that she attacked them, claimed she was going to re-record her music and make their catalogue (that they paid $300m for) worthless, that they now don't want her to use her songs for any live purposes while she's still under contract! How odd!

by Anonymousreply 23November 14, 2019 11:01 PM

She's siccing her Twitter mob on Scooter Braun and the others, but I doubt they'll really care. They aren't the type of people that can get cancelled so easily.

by Anonymousreply 24November 14, 2019 11:02 PM

Oh oh...Taylor has unleased her Swiftie army on Scooter Braun and Scott Borchetta!

Run for your lives boys!

by Anonymousreply 25November 14, 2019 11:04 PM

Why all the worry? If it’s in the shitter, I’m sure it will rebound with this delightful upcoming holiday movie!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26November 14, 2019 11:09 PM

Taylor is in transition. No, not that way. She is transitioning from a pop princess with 13 yr old fans to a mature sexy siren. Her new demographic is girls in their 20's and 30's. She's a grown ass WOMAN, people! And she is also going to start doing more acting. Cats is just the beginning. Look for some Romantic COmedies coming your way soon. And to add insult to injury...she has a serious authentic boyfriend and he is hot. Yes.

by Anonymousreply 27November 14, 2019 11:44 PM

Too bad Taylor can't act.

by Anonymousreply 28November 14, 2019 11:45 PM

Her mob has been posting all sorts of shit to Scooter's Twitter posts (about completely unrelated topics). You could condense their braying down to MOOO MOO MOOO!!! BAA ABAAAA!!!

These people have no independent thought.

by Anonymousreply 29November 15, 2019 12:03 AM

she should have queefed out spawn with that Kennedy boy splooge.

by Anonymousreply 30November 15, 2019 1:43 AM

r29, they are doing exactly what Taylor wants them to do.

Don't know if it will work though; unless the fans wear them down and make them cry "Uncle!"

by Anonymousreply 31November 15, 2019 1:59 AM

I don't think it will work but I don't feel sorry for Scooter either. He always comes off as a complete asshole. I don't know wtf Demi was thinking by signing with him.

by Anonymousreply 32November 15, 2019 2:53 AM

She's the love of my life. My heart has been shattered,

by Anonymousreply 33November 15, 2019 3:03 AM

I think she’s a textbook narcissist. Highly manipulative and takes-no-prisoners. People, I think, started realizing it and started to slowly walk away from her. She’s never photographed anymore and she doesn’t have her “squad of model friends” fawning around her. Makes you wonder. Maybe they weren’t even her friends, but just a or stunt. I wonder how many were also repped by Taylor’s manager/agent as well.

by Anonymousreply 34November 15, 2019 3:47 AM

^^ *pr stunt

by Anonymousreply 35November 15, 2019 3:48 AM

I'd personally like to thank those two men for saving us from another dull and tuneless Taylor Swift performance.

Well done, boys.

by Anonymousreply 36November 15, 2019 4:01 AM

R34 I thought it was obvious that her squad was fake and just for pr with her Bad Blood music video.

by Anonymousreply 37November 15, 2019 7:39 AM

She is a lesbian

by Anonymousreply 38November 15, 2019 10:00 AM

One of the most toxic forms of feminism I’ve ever seen. Using angry fans who don’t know how business works to apply pressure to people who are under no contractual obligation to let you use what was SOLD to them.

by Anonymousreply 39November 15, 2019 10:14 AM

Greedy bitch.

by Anonymousreply 40November 15, 2019 11:36 AM

She is the gay mafia queen

by Anonymousreply 41November 15, 2019 11:44 AM

The thing that is the worst is her manipulative, plaintive, "I just don't know what else to do" in lowercase with no punctuation. You know that behind that tweet she isn't looking sad and cradling her mug, but running on her treadmill while drinking Chardonnay and laughing evilly as she hits submit.

by Anonymousreply 42November 15, 2019 3:22 PM

And of course, she's a big liar:

BIG MACHINE LABEL GROUP'S STATEMENT ON SWIFT'S CLAIMS

The Big Machine Label Group, which is run by Scooter Braun and Scott Borchetta, released a statement Friday morning hitting back at Taylor Swift following her Thursday claims that the company has banned her from singing her own music on television.

Big Machine's statement is below:

'As Taylor Swift’s partner for over a decade, we were shocked to see her tumblr statements yesterday based on false information. At no point did we say Taylor could not perform on the AMAs or block her Netflix special.

'In fact, we do not have the right to keep her from performing live anywhere. Since Taylor’s decision to leave Big Machine last fall, we have continued to honor all of her requests to license her catalog to third parties as she promotes her current record in which we do not financially participate.

'The truth is, Taylor has admitted to contractually owing millions of dollars and multiple assets to our company, which is responsible for 120 hardworking employees who helped build her career.

'We have worked diligently to have a conversation about these matters with Taylor and her team to productively move forward. We started to see progress over the past two weeks and were optimistic as recently as yesterday that this may get resolved.

'However, despite our persistent efforts to find a private and mutually satisfactory solution, Taylor made a unilateral decision last night to enlist her fanbase in a calculated manner that greatly affects the safety of our employees and their families.

'Taylor, the narrative you have created does not exist. All we ask is to have a direct and honest conversation. When that happens, you will see there is nothing but respect, kindness and support waiting for you on the other side. To date, not one of the invitations to speak with us and work through this has been accepted.

'Rumors fester in the absence of communication. Let’s not have that continue here. We share the collective goal of giving your fans the entertainment they both want and deserve.'

by Anonymousreply 43November 15, 2019 3:41 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44November 15, 2019 3:59 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45November 15, 2019 4:00 PM

They should sue Taylor cunt.

by Anonymousreply 46November 15, 2019 5:26 PM

R46 On what grounds? If anything, she should sue them for unpaid royalties to her.

And this the latest response.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47November 15, 2019 5:44 PM

They should sue the bitch for siccing her nutcase minions on them on Twitter. Some of those Swifties are headcases and sickos.

by Anonymousreply 48November 15, 2019 5:47 PM

They own the rights to the songs. She should have bought them when she had the chance. Now she's mad and trying to harass them into getting her way.

She's a spoiled child who needs to be taught a lesson.

by Anonymousreply 49November 15, 2019 5:50 PM

R48 look at the idiots posting death threats! I hope they get the police sent to their houses.

by Anonymousreply 50November 15, 2019 5:50 PM

I'm around the same age as Swift. Always found her narcissistic & emotionally stunted (she's almost 30 but acts like she's still in high school). Her voice is pedestrian, the songs she performs are ok - catchy but ultimately forgettable and a bit too much like sheep-like bleating ('meee meee meee, eeeh eeeh eeeh'). She's lucky she's pretty and looks like a Barbie - otherwise she'd never sell. But never thought she'd go full manipulative sociopath like she's doing now. Swift should handle her contractual disputes in the courtroom or at the negotiation table, like the grown-up businessperson she purports to be - not like a kid on Twitter, stoking mentally handicapped teens into a state of stressed-out frenzy.

by Anonymousreply 51November 15, 2019 5:56 PM

Can't stand Swift. She plays sweet and innocent for the cameras, but behind the scenes she's incredibly manipulative and cunning; getting her Swiftie Army to barrage these two men with their insults and threats on Twitter.

by Anonymousreply 52November 15, 2019 6:03 PM

It's also so cynical the way she's using 'feminism'. She weaves it throughout her post with the "two men" comments because she knows that will trigger her army.

After that Kanye/Kim recording debacle, she was revealed as a liar and a fraud.

by Anonymousreply 53November 15, 2019 6:14 PM

I remember reading that some celebs stay the same mental age as when they became world-famous. E.g. Michael Jackson - became famous as a kid and had Peter Pan's stunted mental growth syndrome ever since. I think it's somewhat similar for Swift. She became very popular in her late teens - so she's still often behaving like that teenage age (despite pushing 30).

It doesn't help that most of her fanbase are teens and college-age kids. I use to think Swift would progress in her music and "grow up" together with her original fans (who were her peers and are turning 30 now too, starting families, taking out first mortgages, living the adult life). But, despite some limited creative experimentation, Swift kind of lagged behind in her music style (still singing about "cheerleaders and prom dresses" even now and using high-school tropes), so her first wave of peer-age fans (Gen Y) have now mostly outgrown her. But she's still stuck in a teen mindset so she's now left singing to Gen Z instead of her own generation. It's very awkward.

by Anonymousreply 54November 15, 2019 6:34 PM

R48 Telling the internet your side of a story isn't something that's actionable in court. Using your platform to put pressure on people to do something you want isn't actionable either. That's called social pressure (aka the court of public opinion) and it's what consumers have in their power to make change in this country.

R49 She already explained this earlier this year. She was giving poor terms to "earn back" her catalog. They never gave her the option to buy it outright, because then Big Machine would be worth absolutely nothing. Her catalog is their value and the games they are playing with her are sick. If they can do it to her, they can do it to anyone.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55November 15, 2019 7:47 PM

r55 nice try but she asked her fans to essentially harass him after putting up a plaintive "poor little me" post. It's actionable if they're getting death threats as a result of her actions. She WANTS her idiotic crew to harass these "two men" for her.

Also do you honestly believe everything she says after she was shown to be a lying, manipulative liar in regards to Kanye/Kim?

by Anonymousreply 56November 15, 2019 7:59 PM

I think people are just tired of her. Snooze

by Anonymousreply 57November 15, 2019 8:04 PM

She lost her tween fans, but now it seems that a lot of Fraus seem to love her.

by Anonymousreply 58November 15, 2019 8:07 PM

R56 She may not be forthcoming about everything she's doing in regards to this drama, but that doesn't change the fact that she cannot be held liable for her fans reaction to telling her side of a story. As long as she is not directly inciting harm or violence or making any claims that can be found falsely defamatory beyond a reasonable doubt, then she's in the clear legally. We're not in the EU. We have looser free speech laws here, so Sleazy Scott and Scooter have no grounds to file a legal proceeding against her. Such an attempt by them would be thrown out of court. As I've said before, I find Taylor to be a piece of shit, but that shouldn't blind you from the fact that she is in the right here.

by Anonymousreply 59November 15, 2019 9:22 PM

OP = Shit eating fetid Nazi pedo cunt!

by Anonymousreply 60November 15, 2019 9:25 PM

[quote] she is in the right here.

No, she's not. As mentioned upthread, she herself put this out for the "court of public opinion". Well, the "court of public opinion" is not just Twitter (with its largely young base). It's also the wider public as well - online newspaper readers, DLers, other forums, etc. And the jury is out regarding whether the wider public supports her public crygame.

Swift comes from a comparatively well-off family. Her own Merrill Lynch banker dad was an early investor in her old record label (which was sold together with her back catalog). She had professionals, including her banker dad as a SHAREHOLDER in her label, advising her on negotiation terms when she was signing up that company - if she doesn't like the outcome, well, tough. She should blame herself, her advisors and her own family then for giving her advice that didn't work out the way she wanted. Instead, she blames the new purchasers of her old label, which is foolish. You can't cry foul when capitalism and contractual negotiation doesn't work your way. Her beef should be with herself and her own team of advisors (including her Republican banker dad). She can try suing her own family and lawyers for compensation, if she thinks she was misled by them and inefficiently advised.

by Anonymousreply 61November 15, 2019 9:58 PM

She's a coddled child who thinks she can get what she wants through tantrums and manipulating adults.

by Anonymousreply 62November 16, 2019 9:42 AM

We were oversaturated with her for what seems like forever. Fake beard relationships, drama, poor me, Karlie Kloss, plastic surgery and changing her image etc. I think she has overstayed her welcome. She’s always crying victim which worked as a 20 year old but not now. She’s got a very punchable face.

by Anonymousreply 63November 16, 2019 10:05 AM

[quote]She's a coddled child who thinks she can get what she wants through tantrums and manipulating adults.

[quote]She’s always crying victim

So basically she’s a typical Millennial.

by Anonymousreply 64November 16, 2019 2:15 PM

She is a lesbian

by Anonymousreply 65November 16, 2019 3:45 PM

The face at OP says it all.

by Anonymousreply 66November 16, 2019 3:48 PM

She's getting pushback for going "too far" and crossing an ethical line by getting her fans to swarm these "two men":

Over a dozen people appear to be doxxing Braun and Borchetta on Twitter so far, but there will probably be more — the hashtag #IStandWithTaylor is currently trending worldwide, and Swift just published the call-to-action in her Instagram stories as well. The Verge has not confirmed the phone numbers and address shared by fans are legit, but we will not be publishing them in case they are.

While Swift’s note might seem reasonable at first glance, doxxing is an extremely serious matter because there’s no telling what a “passionate” anonymous fanbase might do with those phone numbers and addresses once they’ve been exposed, and there’s no putting them back in the bottle once they’re on the internet. It’s not just potential harassment over the phone; people have died after being swatted, where a person calls in a fake gun or bomb threat to get a SWAT team to bust into someone’s home.

Both Twitter and Instagram have policies prohibiting doxxing, and we contacted both to ask whether they will leave Swift’s post on the internet and what they’ll do about her controversial call-to-action. Instagram tells The Verge that it is adding posts containing the personal information of Braun and Borchetta to a database that allows the company to automatically delete other attempts to post that information. Instagram also tells us that Taylor’s post does not violate its policies. A Twitter spokesperson said “posting a person’s private information without their express permission is a direct violation of the Twitter rules.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67November 16, 2019 7:06 PM

^^That haircut is atrocious for someone who can afford the best. I doubt she’ll get in trouble with either Twitter or Instagram. Celebrity and all.

by Anonymousreply 68November 16, 2019 7:17 PM

Is that real hair or a wig?

by Anonymousreply 69November 16, 2019 7:33 PM

She's a cunt.

But we already knew that.

by Anonymousreply 70November 16, 2019 11:27 PM

Backlash, backlash!

by Anonymousreply 71November 17, 2019 6:46 AM

Quelle scandale!

by Anonymousreply 72November 17, 2019 11:44 AM

Taylor is one of the most popular singers rn, even if we like her or not. Her last tour was the most profitable of the year, no other singer won as much as her last year. I don’t like her music at all, but she is very good to be always on the spot

by Anonymousreply 73November 17, 2019 12:26 PM

R73 she won't be performing much longer if she's behind bars for inciting a mob

by Anonymousreply 74November 17, 2019 5:46 PM

R74 you know that won't be happening.

by Anonymousreply 75November 18, 2019 1:02 AM

R76 prove it, stan

by Anonymousreply 76November 18, 2019 4:47 AM

God, she looks terrible!

Taylor Swift's claim Scooter Braun and Scott Borchetta from Big Machine are blocking her from performing her own songs at the AMAs is a complete fabrication ... according to the record label, which thinks she made a calculated move to harm its people.

Big Machine says it was shocked to see Taylor's comments Thursday, and denies ever saying she could not perform at the awards show or blocking her Netflix special. It adds ... "In fact, we do not have the right to keep her from performing live anywhere."

To be fair, Swift never said BM was keeping her from performing ... she specifically stated it was keeping her from performing her own songs, and using her own songs and performance footage in the Netflix documentary.

Big Machine also claims Taylor's admitted to owing the company millions of dollars and it says it was optimistic the 2 sides were working toward resolving the issue ... but then she bailed.

Instead, BM says "Taylor made a unilateral decision last night to enlist her fanbase in a calculated manner that greatly affects the safety of our employees and their families.

The label adds ... "Taylor, the narrative you have created does not exist."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77November 18, 2019 8:18 PM

Was it drugs?

by Anonymousreply 78November 19, 2019 11:16 AM

Oh no! Taylor Swift's new album, "Lover", was shut out of the "Album of the Year" Grammy category! I guess she should get used to this sort of failure!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79November 21, 2019 1:24 AM

It didn’t. It’s peaked during 1989 era tho

by Anonymousreply 80November 21, 2019 1:28 AM

She’s still doing pretty well. Her 1989 level of success wasn’t going to last forever.

by Anonymousreply 81November 21, 2019 1:43 AM

R74 you're fucking ridiculous. It would be SUPER difficult to convict even an average person of that, let alone someone as rich and powerful as Swift.

by Anonymousreply 82November 21, 2019 11:17 AM

R82 sounds like a stan

by Anonymousreply 83November 21, 2019 2:13 PM

Taylor Swift fans upset by her Grammy snub! It causes them heart disease! Will they survive??

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84November 21, 2019 4:08 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!