Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Trans trailblazer Jayne / Wayne County scandalous claims about David Bowie in the 1970's

Posted to Jayne County's Facebook page yesterday:

"So sick of hearing about how fabulous Bowie’s Mainman organization was! They weren’t fabulous they were vicious tricksters who sabotaged and ruined my career right at the height of my creativity! I had been on the cover of Melody Maker and David was so jealous he called manager Tony Deep Freeze and ranted like a stuck pig! Mainman were working for Bowie and he pulled the strings and like puppets the ‘cast’ of Mainman jumped through hoops, hopped up and down and ran around the office like a bunch of chickens with heads cut off! Mainman kept putting me into the studio to record ‘demos’ of all my songs which were immediately sent to David in the promise that he may produce an album for me! But no album was produced and my demos stayed with David until supposedly a fire happened at his flat in London and my demos were supposedly burnt up! Bye bye my demos of Maxs Kansas City, Wonder Woman, Rock And Roll Resurrection, Are You A Boy Are Are You A Girl and a song about an androgynous character with black fingernails, purple make up who was every man’s woman and every woman’s man, called QUEENAGE BABY! When Rebel Rebel came out my heart sank! ..."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4November 13, 2019 4:29 PM

"... Leee Black Childers remarked that David was trying to “sound like Wayne” and sure enough in my mind anyway, the characters appearing in Rebel Rebel and Queenage Baby sounded an awful lot the same! Remember that David had my demos of Wonder Woman, Are You a Boy Or Are You A Girl AND Queenage Baby! And all these songs also appeared in Wayne At The Trucks! Right after doing Wayne At The Trucks me and my band were to be flown to London to be produced by Mick Ronson at Trident studios. Since it was evident that no matter how many of my demos David had, he wasn’t going to produce an album for me, it was decided that Mick would produce the Wayne County album! Me and my band were so excited and happy that finally I was going to get to record all my fabulous songs and at Trident studios!!! So after the show Wayne At The Trucks was over Tony Zanetta came sheepishly back stage to tell me and my band that the whole thing had been CANCELLED! That’s right! I was NOT going to be flown to London to be produced by Mick Ronson! Once again Wayne County had been duped! No recording no trip no nothing and no explanation!! It seems that ‘someone’ had freaked out and pulled ze plug!!! And where are my fucking demos!!!??? Ok so depression sank in and I finally realized what I had suspected for quite sometime. That I had been picked up by Mainman and milked clean! Yep the life had been sucked right out of me! I had been picked up to be kept out of the way and that no one really intended to record Wayne County, I was just kept on a retainer and given a charge account at Maxs and was being kept under the rug so to speak!i had been so excited to be picked up by Bowie’s own Mainman management organization! I thought big things were going to happen for me but to no avail! It was always just about going to happen then ‘someone’ would pull the rug out from my under my feet. This was the Mainman way! For Wayne At The Trucks the band had been placed to the left of the stage so I could have front stage all to myself for all my many costume changes ! The back drop were white doors similar to Andy Warhols play that I had been in called PORK. The doors would open and close so me and my backup singers could come splashing through the doors in our next costume changes. Well when Bowie’s Diamond Dogs tour started guess whose band was at the left of the stage! You guessed it! David’s!!! And the same backdrop doors and a costume change after every song. Was this Diamond Dogs or Wayne At The Trucks?! And some of the same people were actually working on David’s show. Was Wayne At The Trucks USED as a proto type for Diamond Dogs? I think so! And Tony Zanetta Of Mainman worked on BOTH of the shows! Once again I had been used! Eventually I was suspended from Mainman! That’s right I said suspended! Well I had not signed a formal contract yet with Mainman and now suddenly here they were pushing me to sign a contract! When I hesitated I was THREATENED by certain people at Mainman into signing a ridiculous contract that gave them the rights to use and abuse me. According to Leee Black Childers, the president of Mainman was ranting that if I didn’t sign the contract that they would take away my money and place to live and we would be homeless! Leee and I were living in one of Mainman’s apartments uptown. I was used to taking taxis and having clothes and a charge account at Maxs and here was Mainman threatening to take it all away from me if I didn’t sign this horrible contract! So I freaked out under stress and made the biggest mistake of my career! I signed this ridiculous Hollywood style actors contract that gave them all my rights and gave me NOTHING. And deep down I was thinking that maybe Mainman would actually do something for me! Record me!!! Put out an album, promote me etc! But nope instead..."

by Anonymousreply 1November 13, 2019 4:01 PM

"... THEY DROPPED ME AND PUT ME ON A SUSPENSION CLAUSE that stated that I was suspended BUT still signed to them and couldn’t work or do anything without their permission!!! I was stuck in a contract and couldn’t get out!!! They took away my money my apartment everything! Took away my career, and my dignity! The management for Kiss was interested in me but couldn’t do anything for me because of the Mainman contract! And according to the contract I couldn’t work or record for anyone else! I went on to work and record anyway but that Mainman contract floated over my head for YEARS! Luckily I’m a FIGHTER and I went on with my career after Mainman tried to DESTROY ME!!! So THATS what Mainman means to me! Eventually they fired Tony Zanetta, Cherry Vanilla And Leee Black Childers! Mainman SABOTAGED my career and tried to do away with me for good! As years went on nothing legal was ever done to me but the contract haunted me for years! SO FUCK YOU MAINMAN you Vicious, evil bastards! You tried to get rid of WAYNE COUNTY but you FAILED! Though you hurt my career tremendously I came back stronger than ever as WAYNE JAYNE COUNTY and I am HERE TO STAY!"

by Anonymousreply 2November 13, 2019 4:02 PM

How queeny.

by Anonymousreply 3November 13, 2019 4:04 PM

Some would say Bowie was an artistic magpie but he was a notorious thief. Just ask Mick Jagger. He told Bowie that the Stones were going to get Guy Peellaert to design the cover for their album, 'It's Only Rock 'n' Roll'. Bowie immediately got Peellaert to do his 'Diamond Dogs' album and put it out first.

by Anonymousreply 4November 13, 2019 4:29 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!