Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Bidets đź’¦ đź’¦ đź’¦

I’ve never used one or been around them (I’m from Texas) What did one do in the past when there was no “air dryer” function? Did you just sit there after the water squirted up your hole and let it drip-dry? I think toilet paper would be too delicate to dry a wet hole. So many questions.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107March 19, 2020 1:03 AM

I’m Gonna Wash That Man Right Out of My Butt

by Anonymousreply 1November 13, 2019 12:54 AM

There have already been several threads on this OP. Would it have killed you to have done a search first before you posted this? I mean really? What’s wrong with having a little consideration for others and doing a search first? Would it really have been that hard? Would it?

by Anonymousreply 2November 13, 2019 3:26 AM

I don’t use a bidet, but i spray water up there with my shower hose.

by Anonymousreply 3November 13, 2019 4:06 AM

You have WAY too much time on your hands, OP.

by Anonymousreply 4November 13, 2019 4:14 AM

I wonder if the bits of shit ever clog the drain in a bidet 🤔

by Anonymousreply 5November 13, 2019 2:44 PM

I like my shower massager, but I don’t have room for a bidet, and would want to rinse off in the shower afterwards anyway!

by Anonymousreply 6November 13, 2019 5:11 PM

Toto toilets make one with a bidet in the seat. Wonderful.

Odd that the US with it’s clean obsession doesn’t use them. My GI doctor recommenced it as the solution for hemorrhoids and lots of GI issues. So even if one is not gay, bidets are important. Every gay man should have one.

by Anonymousreply 7November 13, 2019 6:10 PM

I'm actually considering buying that Toto bidet/seat.

Tell me what it's like. It's expensive!

by Anonymousreply 8November 13, 2019 6:19 PM

[quote]Did you just sit there after the water squirted up your hole and let it drip-dry? I think toilet paper would be too delicate to dry a wet hole. So many questions.....

There was usually a small hand towel placed on the faucets of the bidet for drying purposes.

We had them in our houses in England, growing up, but no one ever seemed to use them. Now people seem to giggle at them and pull them out. I don't see what's so funny about them. I think they're a good idea.

In fact I had an attachment installed to my toilet earlier this year. Much nicer than scraping your ass with bog paper.

by Anonymousreply 9November 13, 2019 6:24 PM

[quote] In fact I had an attachment installed to my toilet earlier this year.

Which one? I've been checking them out on Amazon.com.

They don't appear to be very expensive.

by Anonymousreply 10November 13, 2019 6:27 PM

This one, R10 but it may not be available in The USA. Cost me roughly $60 (US).

But I had to have it professionally installed by a plumber. They say it's simple to install. That was not my experience and the plumber took about an hour to do it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11November 13, 2019 6:33 PM

[quote] They say it's simple to install. That was not my experience and the plumber took about an hour to do it.

Did you watch him?

What took so long?

by Anonymousreply 12November 13, 2019 6:51 PM

No, I didn't. I'm not sure what took him so long. Apparently it was quite tricky. It had to be plumbed in, as I said.

by Anonymousreply 13November 13, 2019 7:18 PM

It also has a setting for "Lady hygiene".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14November 13, 2019 7:22 PM

The seat adapters are not a DIY project. Requires adapters and connections that I couldn’t make.

by Anonymousreply 15November 13, 2019 7:26 PM

Is the water shooting out warm or cold?

by Anonymousreply 16November 14, 2019 2:59 AM

r2, just say "related thread" with a link to another thread and be done with it.

by Anonymousreply 17November 15, 2019 9:01 PM

I installed an adaptor myself. Easy.

Now I have a TOTO toilet with integrated bidet. I just dry with a piece of TP. Air Dryer takes too long. I thought the odor eliminator was a gimmick, but it works great.

Now if they just make one that could fuck me.

by Anonymousreply 18November 15, 2019 9:06 PM

That Toto seat is awesome. A friend installed one himself. He said you have to put a splitter on the hose / pipe that fills the tank, to divert water to the bidet. The water is warm. It’s called the Toto Washlet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19November 15, 2019 9:10 PM

I’ve never understood why people ask about the water temp, it’s not like you’re taking a shower. Bidets should be everywhere.

by Anonymousreply 20November 15, 2019 9:12 PM

R17 has a tendency to leave posters here wishing she had a steam hose up her cunt to blow out her controlling entitlement.

We always had bidets in our bathrooms with toilets (most of our bathrooms weren't for that purpose) or waterclosets. It was just normal. Soft cotton towels were laid out conveniently if they were needed, and just as with taking a bath one would not expect to share bathtowels one would not be expected to share a towel in a WC, for whatever purpose used. We would use the hamper when done with them. We did this with our houses in England and France, and family in Italy had the same arrangements.

My grandmother did have paper, but not toilet tissues. She had soft and larger paper wipes. Frugal. And as she said she had a small house and not many people were using her facilities.

Americans' habits of dry-wiping and walking about apparently foul-bottomed always was a point of discreet humor with us. Seeing tourists picking and pulling at their back ends as they do would require stifling snickers when they'd walk past a cafe. Worse was the gentlemen who walked like movie cowboys, careful to stride with their legs apart. We could only imagine what the problem there was, but preferred not to ponder too deeply.

by Anonymousreply 21November 15, 2019 9:25 PM

R21 The worst part is when you mention to the average American that you should wash your nether regions with water, they look at you as if you asked them to do something insane. Yet, they’re okay with residual fecal matter on them with the proclamation that “I shower every day!”

by Anonymousreply 22November 15, 2019 9:33 PM

I've never understood bidets, either. I like the idea of washing instead of wiping, but it seems like you'd need to wipe afterwards, anyway. Unless the water is very powerful, does it really do all the work?

by Anonymousreply 23November 15, 2019 9:36 PM

Toto Washlets are everywhere in Japan, even on public toilets! Was the best holiday ever. The. Best. AND cleanest!

"I ruv Toto Washret!"

by Anonymousreply 24November 15, 2019 9:36 PM

The other option is the mini shower head attachment. Cheap and functional. Those work great, too.

by Anonymousreply 25November 15, 2019 9:38 PM

Growing up, each of us kids had a different colored rag that we would use...the girls had fancy one's with embroidery.

by Anonymousreply 26November 15, 2019 9:40 PM

I do love the bum guns they have in all the toilets in SE Asia. I wish America would install them.

by Anonymousreply 27November 15, 2019 9:41 PM

[R21] All of what you said sounds wonderful, but consider this situation. What if you were out the whole day, going to marvelous museums, and suddenly needed to have a bowel movement? Maybe the wonderful steak tartare you enjoyed earlier didn’t agree with you? You’re in the museum having to use the toilet there. What do you do?

by Anonymousreply 28November 15, 2019 9:51 PM

R28 -- I'm not entirely sure what you're asking ... but I sense you're an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 29November 15, 2019 10:44 PM

[R29] It’s simple, you have to use the toilet in an emergency situation, and there’s no bidet available. What do you do?

by Anonymousreply 30November 15, 2019 11:08 PM

Uh, you use the toilet just like you did before you got a bidet? You wipe your ass the old fashioned way, with toilet paper?

by Anonymousreply 31November 15, 2019 11:21 PM

I can’t go back to wiping shot around my hole since I was raised with a bidet. I would bet 6 out of every 10 guys walking around has a dirty butthole. I would volunteer to sniff them to make sure.

by Anonymousreply 32November 15, 2019 11:27 PM

OK, now I know for sure you're an idiot. Thanks for clearing that up.

by Anonymousreply 33November 15, 2019 11:29 PM

[R33] My point is that the Americans that you saw were probably sightseeing all day and didn’t have access to a bidet. It’s not their fault that they weren’t stuck in a (probably imaginary) country house with bidets all over the place.

by Anonymousreply 34November 15, 2019 11:33 PM

My favorite. Bidetmega.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35November 15, 2019 11:39 PM

Dobidos. Excellent.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36November 15, 2019 11:41 PM

Novita by Kohler

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37November 15, 2019 11:42 PM

BioBidet is tops on Amazon. Luxurious.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38November 15, 2019 11:47 PM

These washlets, do they simply squirt your anus with water, and is that enough to get it clean? It seems to me that would only dampen the dingleberries and potentially create an even bigger mess.

by Anonymousreply 39November 15, 2019 11:48 PM

The water pressure is high enough to wash everything well. I tried a BioBidet while strung at the Aria in Vegas. It was excellent, but I haven't yet bought one.

The drying function was great as well.

by Anonymousreply 40November 15, 2019 11:51 PM

There have already been several threads on this OP. Would it have killed you to have done a search first before you posted this? I mean really? What’s wrong with having a little consideration for others and doing a search first? Would it really have been that hard? Would it?

by Anonymousreply 41November 15, 2019 11:52 PM

while *staying at the Aria

by Anonymousreply 42November 15, 2019 11:53 PM

To the people who have questions about the efficacy of a bidet: it's similar to pointing a handheld shower head on your butthole. Just a smaller (diameter) stream of water (like a Waterpik), aimed at the correct area. You can use toilet paper afterwards, mostly to absorb water. It's very effective; you do feel much cleaner afterwards, vs. just toilet paper. I would still use soap at least 1X per day (during your daily shower or bath).

by Anonymousreply 43November 15, 2019 11:55 PM

If you use wipes, the BioBidet pays for itself because you won’t need wipes anymore.

by Anonymousreply 44November 16, 2019 12:00 AM

Only the best for my anus.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45November 16, 2019 12:03 AM

R38, I have that bidet. It's the only bidet that has an enema function. Water actually gets into your rectum. It even beats my $1000.00 Toto bidet.

by Anonymousreply 46November 16, 2019 12:05 AM

That's awesome. TurboWash is the enema function?

by Anonymousreply 47November 16, 2019 12:08 AM

Only the rich had bidets and the manservant or lady in waiting was responsible for blowing away the excessive moisture. Honestly, I wouldn't lie to you OP.

by Anonymousreply 48November 16, 2019 12:12 AM

Wipe to remove whatever you can, then finish with the bidet.

In your own home, in your private bathroom, you can wash your asshole (with or without soap) on the bidet, just as you would in the shower. Of course you keep a towel at hand and wash your hands afterwards.

by Anonymousreply 49November 16, 2019 12:15 AM

When I had my bathrooms redone in 2005 I had a bidet installed in the bathroom in one guestroom. Back in those days I had far more out of town visitors than I have now. I had it installed mainly for the female relatives who came to stay. I have never once used the thing myself, or had any desire to. Personally I like flushable wet wipes. I know some people have claimed those things do clog up pipes, but as i live in a high rise I'm not concerned.

by Anonymousreply 50November 16, 2019 12:25 AM

R50, it’s more than just clogging up pipes. All that stuff (thick-ish wipes) eventually can end up in the ocean, depending on where you live.

by Anonymousreply 51November 16, 2019 12:33 AM

My instinct is that [R50] lives in Chicago or Denver.

by Anonymousreply 52November 16, 2019 12:42 AM

Just go outside and shoot the garden hose at your ass. Your'll be watering your grass at the same time!

by Anonymousreply 53November 16, 2019 12:47 AM

I grew up with a bidet and cannot bear to live without one. As a child underwear model, it was important to keep my bottom clean. My nanny (how I miss you!) put out special towels for me that were folded into a swan. For this reason, whenever I eat swan, I’m brought back to those special times.

by Anonymousreply 54November 16, 2019 12:51 AM

I love these threads. A bunch of morons always come on them and act like a squirt of water on their ass actually sterilizes their ass. It doesn't. You're a little cleaner with a bidet, but not by much. Water doesn't really clean your ass. You need soap if you want to have a clean ass

And the slob poster above who keeps going on and on about having towels laid out in the bathroom to wipe his ass when he was raised in England/Europe is hilarious. How disgusting to have towels all over the bathroom with the remnants of shit all on them. And he seems really proud of that fact. About as disgusting as his dirty dick

I wash my ass with soap and water

by Anonymousreply 55November 16, 2019 12:52 AM

I just use moistened baby wipes. No bidet needed!

by Anonymousreply 56November 16, 2019 1:34 AM

R47, I believe it's called vortex wash. On the remote, it's the button below the stop button.

by Anonymousreply 57November 16, 2019 2:19 AM

My partner installed a bidet attachment on our toilet this summer. I don’t remember the model but it was around $50 on Amazon. It’s amazing and I never want to be without one again.

by Anonymousreply 58November 16, 2019 3:06 AM

R58, by any chance are you a comedian? I heard the same on a podcast recently.

by Anonymousreply 59November 16, 2019 6:19 AM

Those washlets sound unsanitary. I can imagine the shitty water splashing the farther reaches of your bum, as well as the underside of the toilet seat.

by Anonymousreply 60November 16, 2019 6:25 AM

Fun fact: Most French houses no longer have bidets, and those that do go largely unused unless the family is muslim. Bidets are however common in other parts of southern Europe like Spain andPortugal (subsequently most of Latin America). In Italy, bidets are mandatory for every new build.

by Anonymousreply 61November 16, 2019 6:32 AM

What a mob of fuckin prisspots. Wipe your arse with paper, wash it with soap and water when you have a shower, twice a day. Then get over yourselves!

by Anonymousreply 62November 16, 2019 6:46 AM

"I wonder if the bits of shit ever clog the drain in a bidet 🤔"

No because you're supposed to wipe with paper first.

Before air, people pat themselves dry with toilet paper. Before paper, they used towels.

by Anonymousreply 63November 16, 2019 6:47 AM

R60, so does diarrhea, or a well-formed stool dropping on toilet water. Splash!

by Anonymousreply 64November 16, 2019 10:33 AM

I just go in the morning, wipe with toilet paper, take my morning shower and wash with soap and water. I’ve done this my entire life and fail to see why everyone doesn’t do it this way.

by Anonymousreply 65November 16, 2019 12:01 PM

[R65] Because these ladies want everything to be a complicated status issue. If you poop once a day, and that’s what you’re doing, that makes a lot of sense. Maybe these gals have all kinds of issues with their bowels. It’s probably all of the fig and ladyfingers McFlurries.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66November 16, 2019 1:00 PM

I spent a month in Sri Lanka last year and was amazed at how almost every toilet or hole in the ground for a toilet had a spray hose next to it to wash yourself and any mess you may have created. I love this. I’m installing a little nozzled hose next to my loo next month!

by Anonymousreply 67November 16, 2019 2:28 PM

R38 I tried out the Costco version on sale several months ago for $270. Some nice features, but the water stream was simply too weak, some features seemed a bit gimmicky, plus it would have required an electrician to add an outlet next to the toilet. Had to return it.

This Luxe hot and cold bidet from Amazon has great reviews, is more affordable, works great and has been much simpler to install and deal with. Really great.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68November 16, 2019 2:52 PM

I'm loving the BioBidet. The enema function could be life-changing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69November 16, 2019 2:58 PM

They're all pretty impressive.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70November 16, 2019 3:03 PM

2019 ratings. Pretty much the same as 2018.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71November 16, 2019 3:05 PM

Helpful planning info.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72November 16, 2019 3:07 PM

Awesome.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73November 16, 2019 3:09 PM

I'm getting the Biobidet today or tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 74November 16, 2019 3:11 PM

R73 is hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 75November 16, 2019 3:14 PM

I have a round toilet seat, not an elongated, so I can't get the Biobidet BB200. Looking at the 600 now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76November 16, 2019 3:36 PM

Looked up the artist in ops pic. He looks like an incel pervert. Probably resorted to whore houses or buying fucks from desperate starving women to get laid. No wonder women had no rights. Pervs like this wanted to fuck them. But why have a problem with gays? Because the desperate women needed them in marriage for support because they had no rights? Is this a crab in bucket chain?

Fuck all that shit of yore and toy. People be FREE!

by Anonymousreply 77November 16, 2019 3:47 PM

People who have to do poopydoops multiple times a day are perplexing. I evacuate every morning within 30 minutes of my morning coffee, and that's it until the next morning.

by Anonymousreply 78November 16, 2019 4:03 PM

Bidets are nice for clean up after butt sex. And the op from England is worrying about bidets when they need to worry about all those cheesy dicks and rotten teeth!

by Anonymousreply 79November 16, 2019 4:25 PM

^^LMAO!

by Anonymousreply 80November 16, 2019 4:31 PM

But, r40 "strung" is more thought-provoking.

by Anonymousreply 81November 16, 2019 4:39 PM

R69, I have both of those bidets. The comparison is spot on. The Toto has better pulsating nozzle function to clean around your anus. It's built in air dryer and odor filter works better. In terms of maintenance, the Toto's underside has fewer nooks and crannies, therefore less chance for fecal splatter to deposit and easier to clean. The remote is fancier, of course it's twice the price of the Biobidet. The main advantage of Biobidet over Toto is the enema function. You can essentially fill your rectum with water, hold for several seconds then let it all out. Heaven!

by Anonymousreply 82November 16, 2019 11:33 PM

This thread has almost gotten me interested in trying out a washlet, but those washlets are so deeply unattractive. Those bulky things give the allure of a handicap accessible bathroom.

by Anonymousreply 83November 17, 2019 2:26 AM

The electric cords are 4 feet in length, max. So you have to have an accessible outlet or an extension cord, which is unsightly and unsafe,

by Anonymousreply 84November 18, 2019 10:56 AM

It would cost me more than the bidet to hire an electrician to place an outlet near my toilet.

Cheaper solution as described up thread: Use the shower hose while squatting above the drain. Spray area with Tilex or other disinfectant afterward. Lysol will do.

Because we've all been there where we can feel a little irritation at the sphincter and we know skid marks will ensue if not flushed out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85November 18, 2019 11:15 AM

Extension cords are common for these. Just make sure it's UL-approved and labeled "heavy duty." Installation is easy enough to be DIY.

by Anonymousreply 86November 18, 2019 1:39 PM

[R86] sounds dangerous

by Anonymousreply 87November 18, 2019 4:16 PM

"Spray area with Tilex or other disinfectant afterward. Lysol will do."

Oh for God's sake you don't need Tilex or Lysol. Just water, honey, good old-fashioned water. The thing will get crapped on again in a few hours.

by Anonymousreply 88November 18, 2019 9:39 PM

Had the pleasure of these in Japan. Wonderful!

by Anonymousreply 89November 18, 2019 10:12 PM

No. R86, given that it's near water, the BioBidet USPA 6800 from Costco really requires a GFI outlet. I tried it out using the nearby outlet from my indoor jacuzzi bathtub for a few weeks. It was unsightly and as another poster said, most likely dangerous. Plus the seat would get pretty hot. I was fortunate that the Luxe Bidet is very close to a vanity that hides the hose..And better still, it does not require an electrician just to get hot water. Plus great water pressure if that makes you happy.

by Anonymousreply 90November 19, 2019 9:24 AM

Thanks for that, R90.

by Anonymousreply 91November 19, 2019 2:23 PM

I’ve never used one. Growing up we had a swimming pool with a jet that squirted out to make a waterfall. I would sit on that as a youngster not knowing why it felt so damn good.

by Anonymousreply 92November 19, 2019 3:26 PM

Bidets were/are generally part of wealthy Europeans' bathrooms. In general Europeans did/do not bath and shower as frequently as Americans so they would clean where needed most. This did/does not mean that they did/do not "wipe". A bidet is not intended to take the place of "wiping" rather to clean a part of the body that perhaps needs it more- without bathing/showering. Not so hard to understand.

by Anonymousreply 93November 19, 2019 6:00 PM

Anyone with experience of the less expensive bidet toilet seat add-ons? Several of them are on Amazon.com.

by Anonymousreply 94November 20, 2019 2:53 AM

^Glad to meet you... check out the various links I discussed

by Anonymousreply 95November 20, 2019 7:38 AM

DL needs a bidet party. Bidet orgy optional.

by Anonymousreply 96November 20, 2019 10:44 AM

R94, I heard this gay comedian Peter Kim say on his podcast that his boyfriend got him one for his birthday, just $30 on Amazon, and it's "changed his life" (it's great).

I'm considering the Biobidet.

by Anonymousreply 97November 20, 2019 2:08 PM

Those sprays and squirts never work well enough. Then you're sitting there with your hole to dry because you can't use tp as it breaks up.

Just live with your dingleberries, fuggawdssake as the founding fathers intended.

by Anonymousreply 98November 20, 2019 7:37 PM

Wash using your left hand instead.

by Anonymousreply 99November 21, 2019 3:12 PM

25 minute installation.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100November 21, 2019 4:02 PM

I don't think you need to spend a lot of money on these things. I grew up with bidets separate from the toilet bowl and missed them terribly when I moved to the US so I once bought one of those electronic bidets that you attach to your toilet bowl and had to plug in. The electronics broke down in a few months and I was out of a bidet again.

Because I don't like warm water (and much less hot water) hitting my hole when I wash, I decided to go with a simple bidet that delivers cold water and doesn't need to be plugged into the wall outlet. I have now had it for years and I couldn't be happier about it. My ass couldn't be happier either.

For more thorough prep, I use the hose in my shower which cleans much farther than a bidet.

by Anonymousreply 101November 21, 2019 10:13 PM

After reading this thread I'm considering a hand held bidet sprayer. A bidet that R101 mentions that doesn't need an electrical outlet might work as well. The electrical outlet in my bathroom is above the sink and I don't want electrical wires running across top of the sink.

by Anonymousreply 102November 22, 2019 12:23 AM

R101 which one do you have?

by Anonymousreply 103November 22, 2019 12:28 AM

I have one that looks sort of like this. Different brand but same idea. I like the stainless steel as opposed to plastic which seems so fragile. It retracts into the back of the bowl so you don't see it when you're not using it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104November 24, 2019 7:02 PM

Anyone get one lately given the crisis?

by Anonymousreply 105March 18, 2020 5:28 PM

While I loved the deluxe Toto washlets in Japan, I cannot spend $300-800 for a fancy toilet seat. I spent $60 for the Brondell Thinline a year ago and installed it myself by splitting the water feed line. It fits under my existing toilet seat. Water is not heated and no dryer. I’m spraying for a total of five seconds so it doesn’t matter to me. And the toilet paper is fine for a dry unless you have ass hair like a tumbleweed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106March 18, 2020 5:47 PM

I have one of these and it works really well and doesn't break the bank. Easy to install.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107March 19, 2020 1:03 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!