Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Emotional Sluts

We all know them. Every time they date someone, "they just know" and "this is the one". They've never felt like this before about anybody (ignore the relationship they were in 2 months ago). I'm a physical slut, but I don't say I'm in love every time I touch a dick.

What causes these men and women who have the emotional maturity of tweens? You'd think after their 7th true love, they'd have a little reflection, but every time is the same. "I'm in love, this is IT" 3-4 times a year. And if you roll their eyes at them, they just accuse you of not being happy for them.

by Anonymousreply 18May 18, 2021 7:07 AM

They have no self-worth.

by Anonymousreply 1November 12, 2019 11:59 PM

I'm like that. Fucked up childhood has messed me up horribly when it comes to relationships, but you're right it is is immature.

by Anonymousreply 2November 13, 2019 12:00 AM

OP is the Spaz Troll.

by Anonymousreply 3November 13, 2019 12:01 AM

[quote] What causes these men and women who have the emotional maturity of tweens?

One word as an answer, OP: Pisces.

by Anonymousreply 4November 13, 2019 12:03 AM

I haven't fallen in love in THREE WHOLE DAYS!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5November 13, 2019 12:05 AM

Sadly, their desire to pair-bond (let's use zoology terms) is undermined by their easy, almost immediate offer of love. Even men/women with little artifice know that being loved means creating some uncertainty otherwise the beloved simply won't value it.

by Anonymousreply 6November 13, 2019 12:08 AM

I can't help it if I keep finding soulmates among the boys who get off the bus at Palm Springs!!!

by Anonymousreply 7November 13, 2019 12:09 AM

I knew two people like this. One a straight woman and the other a gay man. Needless to say I’m not friends with either of them anymore.

by Anonymousreply 8November 13, 2019 12:37 AM

I have an acquaintance from high school. The only reason I haven’t unfollowed her on social is the rants about good men, really being loved and her relationship status changing as often as her uterine lining. I’m honestly surprised she hasn’t run out of men in her small town.

by Anonymousreply 9November 13, 2019 1:28 AM

R1 nailed it. They usually have really poor boundaries too.

by Anonymousreply 10November 13, 2019 1:37 AM

Spazzzzzzzzzzzz

by Anonymousreply 11November 13, 2019 1:55 AM

R4 said it before I could...

by Anonymousreply 12November 13, 2019 1:55 AM

"When you know, you know"

"How many people have you Known this year?"

by Anonymousreply 13November 13, 2019 3:50 PM

Bumping for Justin Hartley remarrying before his divorce papers are dry

by Anonymousreply 14May 18, 2021 5:11 AM

OP, they're called lesbians, and that's why they're so loyal to U-Haul.

by Anonymousreply 15May 18, 2021 5:14 AM

Plenty of people of all orientations do it.

by Anonymousreply 16May 18, 2021 5:15 AM

It meshes well with hypomanic personality and it’s a familiar untrustworthy emotion that comes right before the flip side - hypercriticism and shame.

by Anonymousreply 17May 18, 2021 6:46 AM

At least you're not emotionally slut shaming the...

oh, wait...

by Anonymousreply 18May 18, 2021 7:07 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!