Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Best song to come from a Disney film? And Best Disney Film Soundtrack as a whole?

What do you consider the best single song to come from a Disney film?

And what do you consider to be the best soundtrack as a whole to come from a Disney film?

As for song, I say “Colors of the Wind” from Pocahontas is absolutely beautiful! Those lyrics are so honest and true!!!

I also love that soundtrack. It’s gorgeous.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10November 13, 2019 11:31 PM

Colors of the Wind, as well as Beauty & the Beast and A Whole New World were all offered to Barbra Streisand first, but she turned them down.

by Anonymousreply 1November 12, 2019 11:38 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2November 12, 2019 11:38 PM

Three way tie. Aladdin, Little Mermaid, and Lion King. The best is probably A Whole New World.

by Anonymousreply 3November 12, 2019 11:48 PM

Colors of the Wind by far.

by Anonymousreply 4November 12, 2019 11:53 PM

Best Soundtrack overall is the Little Mermaid. Hercules is second and Mulan is third. The Lion King soundtrack is HIGHLY over rated.

I say Reflections in Mulan is the best song

by Anonymousreply 5November 12, 2019 11:55 PM

If we're talking original recording, the best soundtrack is Randy Newman's for "Princess and the Frog" and the best song is "Friends On The Other Side" as performed by Keith David.

by Anonymousreply 6November 13, 2019 12:12 AM

All of those new Disney songs are garbage. Facile. Infantile. Cheap.

The best? "When You Wish Upon a Star".

Gorgeous complex melody. Can be sung a million ways. Makes a splendid jazz piece. Singers have been recording it since 1940. From Steve Wonder to Tony Bennett to Julie Andrews.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7November 13, 2019 12:19 AM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 8November 13, 2019 11:20 PM

Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.

Masterpiece.

Best Song: “Some Day My Prince Will Come.”

by Anonymousreply 9November 13, 2019 11:27 PM

R7 That's a good choice. It's Disney's intro music and is probably up there as one of the most recognizable melodies of all time. However, I always preferred A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes from Cinderella. Wonderfully melancholic.

by Anonymousreply 10November 13, 2019 11:31 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!