Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Have you ever fallen from a great height?

Is it true that you go unconscious before you hit the ground?

by Anonymousreply 12November 13, 2019 6:58 AM

I can't remember.

by Anonymousreply 1November 12, 2019 10:43 PM

Tell us what happened before you lost your memory, R1. Was it an alpine adventure?

by Anonymousreply 2November 12, 2019 10:46 PM

I was chasing a road runner.

by Anonymousreply 3November 12, 2019 10:48 PM

Yes. At Knott's Berry Farm.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4November 12, 2019 10:48 PM

I'm reading a new book about 9/11 that covers the jumpers (some of whom may have been fallers), and I would like to believe that these doomed souls lost consciousness quickly.

by Anonymousreply 5November 12, 2019 11:14 PM

OP, don’t do it. We love you.

by Anonymousreply 6November 12, 2019 11:16 PM

I’m so sorry to alarm you, R6. It’s just idle curiosity. If ever I were to end it, I wouldn’t want to leave a mess.

by Anonymousreply 7November 12, 2019 11:19 PM

I do not believe you lose consciousness. Think of parachutists, cliff divers, and other such sportsman.

The only time I almost lost consciousness was when I stepped on an iron rake hidden under leaves. It whipped-up very fast and hit me in the forehead. I stumbled but didn’t fall. Fortunately I was young so there was no permanent damage. It would have broken my jaw and taken some teeth, if it hit me differently.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8November 12, 2019 11:47 PM

[quote]Fortunately I was young so there was no permanent damage.

Is that what they told you?

by Anonymousreply 9November 13, 2019 5:14 AM

[R9] I'm sitting laughing maniacally, holding one uneaten banana and one banana peel [post stomach bug]. That was brilliant.

by Anonymousreply 10November 13, 2019 5:50 AM

[quote] Is it true that you go unconscious before you hit the ground?

Oh, it's worse than that, trust me.

by Anonymousreply 11November 13, 2019 6:06 AM

You scream almost all the way to the ground and then mutter uh oh.

by Anonymousreply 12November 13, 2019 6:58 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!