Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Monmouth Poll: Iowa (A+ rating)

Buttigieg 22% (+14 from August when this poll was last conducted)

Biden 19% (-7)

Warren 18% (+2)

Sanders 13% (+5)

Klobuchar 5% (+2)

Harris 3% (-9)

Steyer 3% (-)

Yang 3% (+1)

Booker, Gabbard 2%

Others 1% or less

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39November 13, 2019 8:55 AM

Momentum, indeed.

Also, the poll asked voters to name a second choice candidate. When first and second choices are combined Buttigieg (37%) and Warren (35%) are the leading picks, both significantly ahead of Biden (29%) and Sanders (25%).

by Anonymousreply 1November 12, 2019 5:47 PM

Yeah, I'm not watching that debate next week because Pete is going to get absolutely savaged. Don't be surprised if Booker - the Minister of Love himself - comes after him as well.

by Anonymousreply 2November 12, 2019 5:55 PM

Pity only Biden has a chance to beat Trump in the only states that matter - the swing states.

Let's see how Deval does...

by Anonymousreply 3November 12, 2019 5:57 PM

Buddy Gig will have to grow a pair if he plans to join Trump onstage. Hillary proved the 'disapproving schoolmarm' thing doesn't work against him.

by Anonymousreply 4November 12, 2019 5:58 PM

This poll had Bernie down 22 points against Hillary going into Iowa. He lost by .02. Don’t believe the polls. It’s just more gaslighting by corrupt neolibs.

Show me a poll of a state that isn’t 98% white with Pete at 22. I’ll wait.

by Anonymousreply 5November 12, 2019 5:58 PM

love the headline "Butteigieg Surging"

Oh yes, surge Pete surge

by Anonymousreply 6November 12, 2019 5:59 PM

r5 Wait a couple of months. South Carolina and Nevada are a long way off, relatively speaking.

by Anonymousreply 7November 12, 2019 6:00 PM

R7 time is running out for Pete to build relationships with black voters. They’re not buying what he’s selling. He has a very white message. He’ll probably win Iowa and then get creamed in South Carolina like what happened to Bernie. Also, no one polling on top at this point has ever gone on to win. I except warren will knee cap Pete at the debate next week.

The Pete cult is acting like he just won Iowa. No one has voted yet.

by Anonymousreply 8November 12, 2019 6:03 PM

Klobuchar must be having an aneurysm.

by Anonymousreply 9November 12, 2019 6:05 PM

Pete is the only one who can bravely handle Trump’s petty insults without missing a beat to come up with the right words to leave a flummoxed Trump writhing in frustration at not knowing WTF Pete just said.

by Anonymousreply 10November 12, 2019 6:19 PM

Didn't see Kloubachar rising and Harris slipping in Iowa.... Good for Mayor Pete with this latest poll. Expect the 5 senators to attack him like pitbulls, in the next debate.

by Anonymousreply 11November 12, 2019 6:20 PM

Pete is the one I legitimately believe could effectively square off with Trump in a debate.

That is not a joke.

by Anonymousreply 12November 12, 2019 6:20 PM

Go Pete! (But...stop trashing Obama please.)

by Anonymousreply 13November 12, 2019 6:26 PM

This is why unrealisitically white states should not get to determine the first two contests.

by Anonymousreply 14November 12, 2019 6:28 PM

Pete is never going to catch on with non-whites, the way he does with whites. He is the whitest of the white candidates.

by Anonymousreply 15November 12, 2019 6:36 PM

[quote] Pete is the only one who can bravely handle Trump’s petty insults without missing a beat to come up with the right words to leave a flummoxed Trump writhing in frustration at not knowing WTF Pete just said.

You are so naive. Trump has been manipulating the media for years. The arsenal of tricks he can lay at this guy will make your head spin.

by Anonymousreply 16November 12, 2019 6:40 PM

Mizz Harris will embarrass herself mightily if she stays in to get a couple of percent in Iowa and less than one in NH.

by Anonymousreply 17November 12, 2019 6:45 PM

Wait for one of them to ask why Pete hates black people. lol

by Anonymousreply 18November 12, 2019 6:47 PM

I could see Pete being chosen as VP. He’s about the only one who isn’t one hundred years old.

by Anonymousreply 19November 12, 2019 6:47 PM

[quote]Klobuchar must be having an aneurysm.

I wonder what poor staffer got a stapler thrown at him/her today?

by Anonymousreply 20November 12, 2019 9:42 PM

[quote](But...stop trashing Obama please.)

He never trashed Obama.

by Anonymousreply 21November 12, 2019 9:43 PM

[quote] Yeah, I'm not watching that debate next week because Pete is going to get absolutely savaged.

Makes sense.

by Anonymousreply 22November 12, 2019 9:47 PM

Pete is now officially in the TOP tier. 😉

by Anonymousreply 23November 12, 2019 10:14 PM

Pete, stop tearing the heads of babies off with your sharpened teeth and eating them for breakfast! Stop it, please! Please, Pete, I beg of you!

by Anonymousreply 24November 12, 2019 10:37 PM

R13, Pete didn't trash Obama. The reporter who wrote that he did, apologized and said that he misquoted Pete. Pete humbly accepted the apology and moved on with no drama. Shame that no one is talking about that and instead still believes that Pete criticized Obama. Again, that never happened.

by Anonymousreply 25November 12, 2019 10:48 PM

Hillary will surge to the lead when she enters the race soon.

I told all of you months ago that she was quietly putting a team together to run again and you laughed at me. Well, who's laughing now?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26November 13, 2019 1:35 AM

Everyone.

by Anonymousreply 27November 13, 2019 1:39 AM

[quote]I told all of you months ago that she was quietly putting a team together to run again and you laughed at me. Well, who's laughing now?

What r27. Literally everyone. Hillary has higher unfavorables than Joe Biden and Elizabeth Warren. The idea that she is some potential savior is laughable.

by Anonymousreply 28November 13, 2019 1:44 AM

She doesn't plan to contest the primaries. She is expecting to be a draft nominee later in the year.

by Anonymousreply 29November 13, 2019 1:48 AM

Hillary has done her job as a public servant. No need to besmirch the good woman's record. She will not run for public office ever again. She's a 70+ year old grandmother. People over 70 probably shouldn't be running tbh

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30November 13, 2019 1:49 AM

I am pleasantly surprised by this. Pete has GOT to have a strong and smart offensive-defensive strategy at the next debate though. Progressive twitter is a bit of a mess right now.

by Anonymousreply 31November 13, 2019 2:45 AM

But what about his firing that black cop??

by Anonymousreply 32November 13, 2019 3:13 AM

Now that he's the leader the media are going to take him down Waiting for the reveals. Wonder what he's been hiding.

by Anonymousreply 33November 13, 2019 3:24 AM

He's a leader in Iowa. Nationally Buttigieg is still a distant 4th.

by Anonymousreply 34November 13, 2019 3:26 AM

4th is nothing to sneeze at

by Anonymousreply 35November 13, 2019 3:27 AM

Pete Buttigieg has a chance. The issue is he's a...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36November 13, 2019 4:01 AM

R32, he didn’t fire him, he demoted him after he illegally bugged the phones of some employees he was mad at, because they applied for his job. He worked there another five years, and then retired.

by Anonymousreply 37November 13, 2019 4:06 AM

[quote]He's a leader in Iowa. Nationally Buttigieg is still a distant 4th.

True, but a good result in the early voting states can move a candidate up nationally very quickly -- that's what Pete and each of the others are counting on.

Obama moved from 2nd to 1st after winning Iowa in January 2008. If Pete can maintain these good numbers in Iowa for another 2.5 months until February 3, he can move from 4th to 3rd.

by Anonymousreply 38November 13, 2019 6:02 AM

[quote] [R32], he didn’t fire him, he demoted him after he illegally bugged the phones of some employees he was mad at, because they applied for his job. He worked there another five years, and then retired.

I thought he was trying to catch them making racist comments.

by Anonymousreply 39November 13, 2019 8:55 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!