Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Maya Rockeymoore Cummings will run for her husband Elijah's congressional seat

The primary in the special election will be held Feb. 4 and the special general election will be held April 28.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25November 27, 2019 5:16 PM

Husband - or father? Elijah was a slick character - like Charlie Rangel. But he did good for people.

by Anonymousreply 1November 12, 2019 3:40 AM

I love her recipe for corn chowder.

by Anonymousreply 2November 12, 2019 3:45 AM

Omg, I’m ashamed to admit that when I saw her sitting next to Pres. Obama at the funeral, I thought she was Rep. Cummings’ daughter. 😳

She looks young and she is a very attractive lady.

by Anonymousreply 3November 12, 2019 3:47 AM

I could have sworn that she is his daughter

by Anonymousreply 4November 12, 2019 3:47 AM

She's 52.

by Anonymousreply 5November 12, 2019 3:49 AM

QUELLE SURPRISE !

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6November 12, 2019 3:58 AM

[QUOTE]But he did good for people.

Such as what R1 .... ?

by Anonymousreply 7November 12, 2019 4:26 AM

Days later and not one note of accomplishment for the dead guy.

by Anonymousreply 8November 14, 2019 11:39 PM

I saw her on Morning Joe, and I can't stand her.

The woman has ZERO personality, and her voice grates on me.

She also lacks a social grace.

During the interview, she was asked questions by Joe, Mika, and Willie, and they were all complimenting her. She never said "thank you" to them, even once.

Joe even said "It was an honor having you at mine and Mika's wedding," and she was just silent. At the end of the interview, Mika said, "Thank you very much for being here." Again... SILENCE.

Not a thank you for having me, not a thank your for the free airtime... NOTHING. Just a weird sense of entitlement, like "Yeah, you're lucky to have me here."

She absolutely rubbed me the wrong way.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9November 14, 2019 11:50 PM

Here's the thing.

During that Morning Joe interview at R9, she mentions the crime and healthcare problems in Baltimore, and how a young man came up to her and said that he felt like every day he was "waking up in a coffin."

She went on to say, "That's unacceptable!"

Ummm.... so what did your late husband do about it, all these years that he was in Congress?

I think she'd better re-think listing all the problems in her district, because that can easily be turned against her.

by Anonymousreply 10November 14, 2019 11:52 PM

Clearly not of the stature of her husband. But she'll win.

by Anonymousreply 11November 14, 2019 11:52 PM

I live outside Baltimore in the burbs , I hate to admit but Trump was right about the rat and trash infested place West Baltimore is. She will win his seat, the entire demographic will vote her in based on her association with him ( oh and rumor has it he was gay ) and not any substantive change she will make for Twamma Jo that lives in a row house with 5 kids from 4 different fathers and of course not working . The black upper class have a vested financial interest in keeping their less fortunate brethren poor and stupid . They elect another inept mayor. that city will implode itself sometime in the next 10 years.

by Anonymousreply 12November 15, 2019 12:01 AM

Fuck the hell, no. She's a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 13November 15, 2019 12:03 AM

Rockeymoore-Cummings says that she and Elijah had many talks about how he wanted her to have his seat after he could no longer serve.

It's not 'his' to give. This is an elected position.

by Anonymousreply 14November 15, 2019 12:13 AM

Rockymoore? Is that a real name? Is this what Elijah would have wanted, is she good people?

by Anonymousreply 15November 15, 2019 12:36 AM

Did anyone catch that she’s having a preventive mastectomy because her mom and sister had aggressive strains of breast cancer?

She’s not gonna lose that seat.

by Anonymousreply 16November 15, 2019 12:43 AM

Listened to her on Rachel Maddow. Did not watch on screen. Seemed like robot, and intellectually lightweight.

by Anonymousreply 17November 15, 2019 12:54 AM

A lot of deplorables on this thread I see.

by Anonymousreply 18November 15, 2019 12:58 AM

Maya Rockeymoore Cummings sounds like the name of a character in a children's book written by a Brit in the 1920s.

by Anonymousreply 19November 15, 2019 12:59 AM

The grift must go on!

by Anonymousreply 20November 15, 2019 2:26 AM

R16

She's black. That's all it takes to win a seat in Baltimore.

by Anonymousreply 21November 23, 2019 5:13 AM

Why? Entitlement? Fresh blood is required not more of the same.

by Anonymousreply 22November 23, 2019 6:44 AM

R18 not at all, just people calling it as it actually is.

Neither her color, political affiliation or connection should confer on her a free pass.

by Anonymousreply 23November 23, 2019 6:48 AM

[quote] Elijah was a slick character - like Charlie Rangel. But he did good for people.

At least the people who funneled cash into his campaigns and her "charity".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24November 23, 2019 7:02 AM

Dag yo !! I guess Elijah's chillens and his widder ain'ts eatings together o Thaunksgivins !

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25November 27, 2019 5:16 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!