Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Why didn't Timothy Dalton become more famous?

I want to s*** his d***.

There's no way he was the worst Bond of all time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68November 14, 2019 6:39 AM

He was great in Penny Dreadful, even through the dreadful last 2 seasons.

by Anonymousreply 1November 10, 2019 5:03 AM

When I was young I thought he was ugly, but now I think he’s hot. My opinion on a lot of older men has changed in the last few years from when I was younger.

by Anonymousreply 2November 10, 2019 5:10 AM

That booming voice of his is quite something. That voice just oozes authority without trying.

by Anonymousreply 3November 10, 2019 5:13 AM

I wish I could sleep with him in his prime.

by Anonymousreply 4November 10, 2019 5:15 AM

I thought the former Mrs. Pam Shriver was the worst James Bond. What's his name?

by Anonymousreply 5November 10, 2019 5:19 AM

I've always found him extremely attractive.

by Anonymousreply 6November 10, 2019 5:32 AM

The former Mrs Pam Shriver, R5? Who, Billy Jean King?

by Anonymousreply 7November 10, 2019 6:22 AM

He's beautiful and has an amazing voice, but he was never a particularly good actor.

by Anonymousreply 8November 10, 2019 6:49 AM

r5 George Lazenby

by Anonymousreply 9November 10, 2019 3:59 PM

He’s hilarious in “Hot Fuzz”, and incredibly sexy at the same time.

by Anonymousreply 10November 10, 2019 4:16 PM

Appearing in Sextette made him a STAR!

by Anonymousreply 11November 10, 2019 4:33 PM

R11 More of a song stylist, you think?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12November 10, 2019 4:40 PM

Yeah, Hot Fuzz is probably the best cinematic use of him. That was like a Tarantinoesque move, giving Dalton that role.

by Anonymousreply 13November 10, 2019 4:42 PM

Wonderful as nazi Errol Flynn in Rocketeer

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14November 10, 2019 4:59 PM

Great in that episode of "Charlies Angels" when he falls in love with Farrah but he's an international thief

by Anonymousreply 15November 10, 2019 5:13 PM

That lucky, lucky Vanessa Redgrave....getting it on with Timothy Dalton for YEARS--AND Franco Nero, who she's now married to. Whew. A friend once beheld Timothy's naked ass and said it was heavenly.

by Anonymousreply 16November 10, 2019 5:37 PM

That singing explained it. He needed more wacky roles.

by Anonymousreply 17November 10, 2019 8:55 PM

His gay moment with Anthony Hopkins in Lion in Winter drove me CRAZY when I was 16. I thought it was so HOT and had many a wet fantasy about it (once in the library where I was watching it, ew)

by Anonymousreply 18November 10, 2019 8:59 PM

^ I remembered no gay moment with Anthony Hopkins in Lion in Winter.

I remembered it as being painful with drunken O'Toole shouting a lot and Nantucket Kate like a shag on a rock and not even pretending to be Spanish.

by Anonymousreply 19November 10, 2019 11:20 PM

Here, R19. There's another scene with O'Toole right after that one when they talk about sodomy and Hopkins bites his lip behind the curtains of the bed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20November 10, 2019 11:42 PM

Thank you, R20. Timothy's looks were so extravagant that he belongs in period clothes and looks OTT or sleazy in modern clothes.

by Anonymousreply 21November 10, 2019 11:58 PM

He needed a clever photographer to downplay his squinty eyes, skinny nose, and skinny torso.

And, also, we Americans consider the name 'Timothy' as weak and effeminate.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22November 11, 2019 8:49 PM

He was so cock-suckable in the big screen version of “The Nanny”aka “Beautician & the Beast.”

by Anonymousreply 23November 11, 2019 8:53 PM

I'm with you, OP. I've mentioned this before, but when I was 12, my dad took me to see The Living Daylights and we agreed later that he was a good Bond and should have received more acclaim for it. Dalton and my dad kinda favor each other, too, so that's additionally amusing.

by Anonymousreply 24November 11, 2019 9:06 PM

Well boys (I'm not Mae)- he asked me out years ago- if my memory serves me right about 1981/2 when I worked in Andre Oliver on East 57th St. I can tell you he was (is) a classy guy, and was handsome, hot with a fabulous body- that is as much as I will tell you. So he is at least bisexual. I assumed at the time- gay. I expect the troll who "trolls" me on DL when I post these things will chime in.

by Anonymousreply 25November 11, 2019 9:15 PM

R25, DETAILS, please!

by Anonymousreply 26November 11, 2019 9:18 PM

R25 was he as good as we all dream? Can you say that! Oh God I would have came in 1 thrust!!!!

by Anonymousreply 27November 11, 2019 9:35 PM

"at" not "in" Andre Oliver. No I will not elaborate beyond what I posted.

by Anonymousreply 28November 11, 2019 9:37 PM

He wouldn't know it was you. He's not even, like, on this site, probably. He probably has like ED, or something.

Why would you not let us live vicariously? Show us the buffet and shoo us away. Mmm hmm, just don't.

by Anonymousreply 29November 11, 2019 9:41 PM

And of course he was bi. Beautiful men like that tend to be bi or gay.

by Anonymousreply 30November 11, 2019 9:42 PM

"S*** his d***"? Spell it out, you pussyass motherfucker! This is Datalounge!

by Anonymousreply 31November 11, 2019 9:43 PM

I want to salt his dish

by Anonymousreply 32November 11, 2019 9:45 PM

[quote]And, also, we Americans consider the name 'Timothy' as weak and effeminate.

No we don't

by Anonymousreply 33November 12, 2019 1:34 AM

R 5, Timothy Dalton WAS the WORST James Bond, the worst everything.

by Anonymousreply 34November 12, 2019 1:48 AM

WARNING: Do NOT ask charlie (R25) for details.

by Anonymousreply 35November 12, 2019 1:54 AM

He works across the street from me filming Doom Patrol

by Anonymousreply 36November 12, 2019 1:55 AM

R33 Timothy Chalamet is the epitome of weakness and effeminacy.

by Anonymousreply 37November 12, 2019 2:00 AM

I want to suckle his diadem.

by Anonymousreply 38November 12, 2019 2:22 AM

How dull for someone to turn up claiming a connection and the not talking about it.

So typically a 60s charlie girl.

by Anonymousreply 39November 12, 2019 2:34 AM

He’s hot as balls in Penny Dreadful and hilarious and hot in a slimy way in Hot Fuzz.

He was a below average Bond. Maybe he’s too smart to play that dopey role.

by Anonymousreply 40November 12, 2019 2:42 AM

Tim could have been im-PALED!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41November 12, 2019 2:42 AM

Because he looks like Pete Buttigieg’s older brother?

by Anonymousreply 42November 12, 2019 2:54 AM

R20... Were they going to go fuck?

You haven't said you loved me? When the time comes?

by Anonymousreply 43November 12, 2019 3:15 AM

Yes, it is implied they fucked as youths and now Philip is taking Richard the Lionheart (known now to have been gay/bi) to bed. He's manipulating him, of course, because he arranged for his father to stop by and had everyone listen behind the curtains. Later he will break his heart.

by Anonymousreply 44November 12, 2019 3:32 AM

^ I assume none of that is historically accurate.

by Anonymousreply 45November 12, 2019 4:24 AM

R45, actually, there is speculation. Says Wikipedia:

[quote]In the historiography of the second half of the 20th century, much interest was shown in Richard's sexuality, in particular whether there was evidence of homosexuality. The topic had not been raised by Victorian or Edwardian historians, a fact which was itself denounced as a "conspiracy of silence" by John Harvey (1948). The argument primarily drew on accounts of Richard's behaviour, as well as of his confessions and penitences, and of his childless marriage. Richard did have at least one illegitimate child (Philip of Cognac), and there are reports on his sexual relations with local women during his campaigns. Historians remain divided on the question of Richard's sexuality. Harvey argued in favour of his homosexuality but has been disputed by other historians, most notably John Gillingham (1994), who argues that Richard was probably heterosexual. Flori (1999) again argued in favour of Richard's homosexuality, based on Richard's two public confessions and penitences (in 1191 and 1195) which, according to Flori, "must have" referred to the sin of sodomy. Flori, however, concedes that contemporary accounts of Richard taking women by force exist, concluding that he probably had sexual relations with both men and women. Flori and Gillingham nevertheless agree that accounts of bed-sharing do not support the suggestion that Richard had a sexual relationship with King Philip II, as had been suggested by other modern authors.

by Anonymousreply 46November 12, 2019 4:53 AM

Sometimes I will give details on something I know about- not this. He is very much alive. I'm not in the habit of giving details on anyone I have dated or been involved with to anyone by my very closest friends who I trust. I think I speak for most in that respect. There are a number of celebrities that I know are gay or bisexual from first person experience. That is as far as I will ever go if they are still alive.

by Anonymousreply 47November 12, 2019 5:26 PM

"I remembered no gay moment with Anthony Hopkins in Lion in Winter.

I remembered it as being painful with drunken O'Toole shouting a lot and Nantucket Kate like a shag on a rock and not even pretending to be Spanish."

R19 - Go watch the movie as IT IS THERE!

by Anonymousreply 48November 12, 2019 5:46 PM

You want to soak his dentures?

by Anonymousreply 49November 12, 2019 5:54 PM

He and Mel Gibson have the same baby mama. The Russian girl who recorded Mel saying he would beat her head in because she didn't blow him last night.

by Anonymousreply 50November 12, 2019 5:54 PM

Resting Mean Queen Face

by Anonymousreply 51November 12, 2019 6:05 PM

"I remembered no gay moment with Anthony Hopkins in Lion in Winter.

I remembered it as being painful with drunken O'Toole shouting a lot and Nantucket Kate like a shag on a rock and not even pretending to be Spanish."

Kate was playing Eleanor, Duchess of Aquitaine. She was quite French.

You are thinking of the wife of Richard I, Berengaria of Navarre. She spoke Spanish.

by Anonymousreply 52November 12, 2019 6:07 PM

The photo at OP's link is from the 1970 version of WUTHERING HEIGHTS, with Dalton as Heathcliff and Anna Calder-Marshall as Cathy. The first half of it is quite good (the latter half feels rushed, like the film had been trimmed by the studio). Both leads are fine, and Calder-Marshall is a big improvement over the prissy Merle Oberon.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53November 12, 2019 7:07 PM

R19 may have been thinking of Catherine of Aragon???

by Anonymousreply 54November 12, 2019 7:47 PM

R53 A rag doll would be an improvement over that tiresome, lieing-mulatto, gold-digging, prissy clothes-horse Estelle Thomson.

by Anonymousreply 55November 12, 2019 7:53 PM

He can blow that old dusty man seed in me anytime....

by Anonymousreply 56November 12, 2019 7:53 PM

Looks too gay.

by Anonymousreply 57November 12, 2019 7:54 PM

What is wrong with looking gay????

by Anonymousreply 58November 12, 2019 8:21 PM

I always enjoy Charlie's comments.

by Anonymousreply 59November 12, 2019 9:03 PM

He’s Eskimo brothers with Mel Gibson with that Russian hooker???

Foul.

by Anonymousreply 60November 12, 2019 10:32 PM

I can't figure him out. Thought I had till he had that baby at age 50 or whatever with the Russian person - he went home to Russia with her and some magazine/newspaper did a story about it.

Anyhow, I understood why he'd be with Vanessa Redgrave - I mean, duh, the help for his career... And he must have put out for her because why would Redgrave bother to be a beard for a much lesser actor just for the bloody hell of it - though she was married to Tony Richardson and had two daughters with him so maybe some women just specialize in mating with gay men.

But like I said, a kid, at 50, with a Russian whore or whatever... Huh? At that point in your life, what's the point?

by Anonymousreply 61November 12, 2019 10:37 PM

R61 she tricked him into it maybe?

She got around.

by Anonymousreply 62November 13, 2019 5:14 AM

I can't believe no one has mention Dalton as Prince Barin in "Flash Gordon."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63November 13, 2019 5:27 AM

I can see why he'd have a kid at 50. Impending old age/death can be scary. Reproduce, reproduce, reproduce!

by Anonymousreply 64November 13, 2019 6:05 AM

Sextet, Charlie's Angels, Flash Gordon, Rocketeer, Beautician & the Beast... He did a lot of tripe.

by Anonymousreply 65November 13, 2019 6:05 AM

Thank you Charlie for clarifying that you are not in fact Mae West. One can’t be too careful these days.

Dalton also played gay in Mary Queen of Scots. I love those elaborate 70s period pics.

by Anonymousreply 66November 13, 2019 6:06 AM

Dalton made a very bad movie with Brooke Shields. I think it was called "Brenda Starr".

by Anonymousreply 67November 13, 2019 6:39 PM

James Bond fights a Charlie's Angel.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68November 14, 2019 6:39 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!