Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Big Brother Australia returns

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17December 7, 2019 11:05 PM

This Antipodean Joan Crawford is old enough to be the contestants' grandmother.

The Big Brother franchise is too Germanic; it has been better by 'Love Island'.

by Anonymousreply 1November 10, 2019 4:39 AM

[Quote] Now with US/Canada rules.

Meaning??

by Anonymousreply 2November 10, 2019 6:16 AM

I really liked the last season of BB AU which aired a few years ago. Some of the best reality shows I've seen are from Australia.

R2, I'm not an expert but I've understood that most Big Brothers outside of the US are more about the personalities and not about Survivor style cliques and backstabbing. The ones I've seen from Europe and Australia have been quite mellow and don't constantly feel like a contest where you're supposed to be lying all the time.

by Anonymousreply 3November 10, 2019 12:34 PM

[Quote] I really liked the last season of BB AU which aired a few years ago. Some of the best reality shows I've seen are from Australia.

I found it boring because of the censorship. Also wasn't a fan of Sonia as the host.

by Anonymousreply 4November 10, 2019 1:56 PM

I liked the BB AU host because she didn't take this silly game show so deathly seriously like Julie "I'm a Serious Journalist" Moonves or whatever the hell she is calling herself these days. She wasn't afraid to poke fun at the game, the players, the audience, and herself.

The BB AU Series 11 cast was cute but far too earnest and nice to each other. The most interesting ones to watch were the two rescue poodles.

by Anonymousreply 5November 10, 2019 2:01 PM

They're doing away with the public vote and having the housemates vote each other out.

by Anonymousreply 6November 10, 2019 4:46 PM

The last series inflicted mental torture.

Some of them were kept in a dark, sealed room for 24 hours.

by Anonymousreply 7November 11, 2019 8:51 PM

R6 I thought that's what happened in the last season anyway....

by Anonymousreply 8November 12, 2019 6:44 AM

I wonder if they'll try and get Tim involved somehow.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9November 12, 2019 11:05 AM

Will they bring back Gretel?

by Anonymousreply 10November 12, 2019 11:12 AM

We need some good penises and buttocks on display!

by Anonymousreply 11November 12, 2019 7:43 PM

I could see Tim being a coach since he's also done BB Canada.

by Anonymousreply 12November 12, 2019 7:46 PM

A big rumor going around the fan sites is that the new show won't take place in real time but will be recorded ahead like Survivor.

by Anonymousreply 13November 13, 2019 2:29 AM

[Quote] I could see Tim being a coach since he's also done BB Canada.

Why doesn't that surprise me 😄

by Anonymousreply 14November 13, 2019 7:42 AM

Jamie, 2009

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15November 13, 2019 10:15 AM

Omg I remember how these 2 would makeout immediately after brushing their teeth. I think Katie was supposedly a virgin too at the time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16November 13, 2019 11:25 AM

The latest:

The show will be prerecorded but will likely have a live finale.

Australia will decide the winner as before; the North American format for evictions is likely but unconfirmed.

Gretel Killeen is mum about whether she'll resume hosting, but Sonia Kruger apparently isn't being considered.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17December 7, 2019 11:05 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!