Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Bee Gees vs Queen

Which 70s supergroup do you prefer?

by Anonymousreply 30September 29, 2020 4:28 PM

The Bee Gees were my first great musical love. Their songs still make me happy.

by Anonymousreply 1November 9, 2019 1:22 PM

Queen.

by Anonymousreply 2November 9, 2019 2:04 PM

Bee Gees ,why no poll ?

by Anonymousreply 3November 9, 2019 2:05 PM

Queen. They changed my life and are part of who I am. The Bee Gees are a wonderful disco band but I'd never compare them to Queen!

by Anonymousreply 4November 9, 2019 2:10 PM

I don't think you know what "supergroup" means. Or used to mean, anyway.

by Anonymousreply 5November 9, 2019 2:19 PM

Queen. More versatile, more depth, higher proportion of great songs, capable of more than disco.

And BTW the BeeGees are getting a biopic next! Which is kind of too bad, the story of Fleetwood Mac or the Mammas and the Pappas would make a better movie.

by Anonymousreply 6November 9, 2019 7:40 PM

I didn't realize "How Can You Mend a Broken Heart" and "I Started a Joke" were disco songs.

by Anonymousreply 7November 9, 2019 7:46 PM

I love the old Bee Gees (before their disco phase). The harmonies were lovely. I only like a few Queen songs.

by Anonymousreply 8November 9, 2019 7:55 PM

I love Queen but the Bee Gees are much better songwriters in my opinion. I prefer their songs by other artists.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9November 9, 2019 8:09 PM

Queen

by Anonymousreply 10November 9, 2019 8:17 PM

Queen were so much gayer!

Actually, they all seemed pretty gay or femme, even though all the BeeGees and three of the Queen guys were straight.

by Anonymousreply 11November 9, 2019 10:12 PM

Queens music is more relevant. Bee gees really only have Stayjng Alive, that is the only song of theirs that Everybody knows in 2019.

Queen have Bohemian Rhapsody, We Will Rock You, Another One Bites The Dust , Don't Stop Me Now, We Are The Chanpions, Under Presure, Etc.

by Anonymousreply 12November 10, 2019 11:55 AM

T9, Every member of Queen has written at least one number 1 hit for the group. They've all been inducted into the songwriters hall of fame.

I have to give it to the Bee Gees though. I've only heard their dico music growing up but their songs reach across so many genres

by Anonymousreply 13November 24, 2019 3:51 PM

Bee Gees for me

by Anonymousreply 14November 24, 2019 3:53 PM

I think I like more Bee Gees songs than Queen songs, but Freddie was a lot cooler than any of the brothers Gibb, without question.

by Anonymousreply 15November 24, 2019 4:02 PM

Queen had some great anthem rock but too histrionic often times.

The Bee Gees were excellent songwriters with notch harmony covering many decades. There disco was only a small part of their overall songbook but still danceable today.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16November 24, 2019 4:08 PM

Queen.

by Anonymousreply 17November 24, 2019 4:23 PM

OP is trying to divide us!

LOCK HER UP! LOCK HER UP!

by Anonymousreply 18November 24, 2019 4:28 PM

Barry Gibb was prime mastubatory material in his heyday.

A sexy bear if there ever was one.

by Anonymousreply 19November 24, 2019 4:33 PM

Yummy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20November 24, 2019 4:35 PM

Bee Gees. To be honest, I never really liked Queen that much beyond "Under Pressure." Then again, Queen never did anything as purely godawful as the "Sgt Pepper" movie.

by Anonymousreply 21November 24, 2019 4:45 PM

I liked the Bee Gees a lot, but Queen did it for me. Freddie's gorgeous voice was one of a kind. He was theatrical, yes, but to me, that was part of his magnetism.

by Anonymousreply 22November 24, 2019 4:56 PM

Thank you, R16.

I did not realize that Barry Gibb started out with teeth like Freddie Mercury's!

by Anonymousreply 23November 24, 2019 9:10 PM

Teeth or no teeth. Queen.

by Anonymousreply 24November 24, 2019 10:53 PM

I always liked Queen because they had two genuine nerds on board, even if they kept that fact out of their publicity during their heyday.

Because if you've ever met an astrophysicist or an electrical engineer, yeah. They're nerds no matter what they play.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25November 24, 2019 10:55 PM

Queen never wrote hits for Barbra Streisand or Miss Warwick.

by Anonymousreply 26November 24, 2019 10:57 PM

Queen is next to only Beatles when it comes to greatness, pop culture and current popularity. Please dont compare it to the likes of Bees Gees or Fleetwood crap

by Anonymousreply 27November 24, 2019 11:02 PM

Bee Gees. I liked their music much better than Queen's. They really were more talented.

by Anonymousreply 28November 24, 2019 11:07 PM

Stupid question.

by Anonymousreply 29September 29, 2020 4:14 PM

Though they had crossover appeal, they were different and most people would say they liked both. Queen was grittier during their earlier years and very different from the BG's.

by Anonymousreply 30September 29, 2020 4:28 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!