Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Chris Evans is either very shy and polite or just socially awkward with people

Or maybe embarrassed by Billy Eichner running around acting like a crackhead and screaming into peoples faces.

But he barely speaks. Is he uncomfortable? Nervous? Anti-social? Stuck up?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 369February 14, 2021 11:22 AM

WC???

by Anonymousreply 1November 9, 2019 2:06 AM

I don't understand that hairstyle for that hairline.

by Anonymousreply 2November 9, 2019 2:07 AM

[quote]Chris Evans is either very shy and polite or just socially awkward with people

Neither. He's just from Boston.

by Anonymousreply 3November 9, 2019 2:10 AM

This makes me like him a lot actually. He seems really sweet and shy.

by Anonymousreply 4November 9, 2019 2:14 AM

Chris has been open about having an anxiety disorder.

by Anonymousreply 5November 9, 2019 2:15 AM

I think he has social anxiety. Like me.

by Anonymousreply 6November 9, 2019 2:17 AM

Yes. I forgot he suffers from all types of anxiety, including social anxiety.

He can be brass and rude also, I’ve heard.

by Anonymousreply 7November 9, 2019 2:19 AM

What do we know about his COCK? and BALLS?

by Anonymousreply 8November 9, 2019 2:22 AM

They're slightly darker in tone than his pasty white skin.

by Anonymousreply 9November 9, 2019 2:24 AM

I have bad social anxiety and I'd act similar to him in that situation.

by Anonymousreply 10November 9, 2019 2:24 AM

Why be an actor with this affliction, rather than a reference librarian?

by Anonymousreply 11November 9, 2019 2:27 AM

Why not be an actor with that affliction? People who follow a script for their work are less likely to be anxious at the thought of having to deal with novelty (as in this improv video), I would think.

by Anonymousreply 12November 9, 2019 2:30 AM

I just marveled at how beautiful, clean, and smooth his skin looked. So gorgeous and even more attractive than when he first came on to the scene.

by Anonymousreply 13November 9, 2019 2:30 AM

Weirdly enough, acting helps people with anxiety or stammers/stutters. Maybe because you know what you'll be saying and doing beforehand, you can rehearse it, and you can pretend you're someone else.

by Anonymousreply 14November 9, 2019 2:32 AM

R13: one word - Photoshop

by Anonymousreply 15November 9, 2019 2:32 AM

He's awfully soft spoken and polite for someone from Boston. Did he actually grow up there?

by Anonymousreply 16November 9, 2019 2:32 AM

R16 he’s born and raised there and not like that with people he knows. Remember, he’s a public figure and has an image to keep clean and All American.

by Anonymousreply 17November 9, 2019 2:35 AM

Not only is he not actually soft spoken, he has a thick Boston accent that he keeps hidden to appeal to the masses.

Here he is endorsing his uncle from his Italian parents side.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18November 9, 2019 2:40 AM

His cousins are so short. I love his Boston accent but also makes him sound charmingly stupid.

by Anonymousreply 19November 9, 2019 2:42 AM

Italian? I assumed he was Irish.

by Anonymousreply 20November 9, 2019 2:45 AM

R20 he is both. His father is Irish and his mother Italian.

He came out looking like his Irish side through and through. From height to skin color etc.

by Anonymousreply 21November 9, 2019 2:46 AM

God, he’s so much hotter with that Boston accent. There’s something about Bostonian accents that’s so sexy in a thuggish way.

by Anonymousreply 22November 9, 2019 2:49 AM

I’d love him to spray his baby gravy all over my navel. x

by Anonymousreply 23November 9, 2019 2:50 AM

If he really does have anxiety then I don’t get why he loved theatre classes in school. I was also a kid with anxiety who took theatre all throughout middle school and then for one year of high school, and I hated most class periods because of the fact that it was 95% improv games. It seems like so much of high school theatre classes is just improv. A kid with anxiety wouldn’t cope well.

by Anonymousreply 24November 9, 2019 2:51 AM

Maybe he lied. Lots of meathead guys only get into acting after high school, through modelling or whatever.

by Anonymousreply 25November 9, 2019 2:54 AM

Nice cameo from Paul Rudd. And I love how Chris jumped when that lady came up next to him 😄

by Anonymousreply 26November 9, 2019 2:59 AM

He was on the insufferable Fallon 3 nights ago and was wonderful. He seems less “antsy” since being done with Marvel and more relaxed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27November 9, 2019 3:11 AM

I love that he dated Jenny Slate.

by Anonymousreply 28November 9, 2019 3:13 AM

He doesn’t date based on looks now that he is older. He’s very about intellect, conversation and Politics now.

by Anonymousreply 29November 9, 2019 3:25 AM

This was on Fallon 3 days ago. Him and his brother. It’s hysterical!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30November 9, 2019 3:26 AM

Does the brother still sound like Harvey Fierstein?

by Anonymousreply 31November 9, 2019 3:28 AM

R18 talk dirty to me with that white trash accent, Chris!

by Anonymousreply 32November 9, 2019 3:31 AM

OP, hardly anyone can speak when Billy Eicher hogs the airtime.

by Anonymousreply 33November 9, 2019 3:40 AM

R28 so do I. The anons calling her a tranny on here just sound so damn bitter.

by Anonymousreply 34November 9, 2019 3:42 AM

Chris was probably sober, he needs a bump to do the social thing.

by Anonymousreply 35November 9, 2019 3:43 AM

I usually feel bad when Celebs are cornered by Paparazzi but he handles himself well. He comes off a bit like a dick but it’s Papz so who cares.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36November 9, 2019 3:47 AM

The “intellectual” shtick he’s trying to pull off now bugs me. Hopefully people can see through it. He’s a sweet guy, but he’s definitely not Einstein.

by Anonymousreply 37November 9, 2019 3:56 AM

Why does he have a different hairline in every photo/video? It’s completely filled in on Fallon, not on Billy.

by Anonymousreply 38November 9, 2019 4:40 AM

He wears a hairpiece.

by Anonymousreply 39November 9, 2019 4:41 AM

R28 I'm jealous but she was so annoying when they were together. She acted like a 14 year old girl in the press, gushing about him constantly. CRINGE

R36 great restaurant. 3 words: lobster mashed potatoes

by Anonymousreply 40November 9, 2019 4:46 AM

Jenny Slate is certainly an attractive jewesse. Also from Massachusetts (yet super bourgeois). Her fiancé is a reasonably attractive arty douche renaissance man.

by Anonymousreply 41November 9, 2019 10:18 AM

I love how he is so outspoken now against Trump!

by Anonymousreply 42November 9, 2019 10:46 AM

[Quote] I love how he is so outspoken now against Trump!

Why is the bar so low lol

by Anonymousreply 43November 9, 2019 11:02 AM

I'd like to suck him off and present hole.

by Anonymousreply 44November 9, 2019 11:10 AM

r39

Yep. A lot of these celebs do. But for some reason they're worshipped while men who own their balding are often times ridiculed.

by Anonymousreply 45November 9, 2019 11:36 AM

Fascinating to see him code switch at R18. I wonder what his most natural accent is... either way I'm sure he was playing it up in a, "Hey, I'm one-a youse!" sort of thing. He's always been way more interesting than he has any right to be. He could have turned out dull as ditchwater, but he's not. Excited to see Knives Out!

by Anonymousreply 46November 9, 2019 11:45 AM

I'm the only one who can't remember a single one of his performances in any detail?

by Anonymousreply 47November 9, 2019 11:46 AM

He has social anxiety. That's why he had to be armwrestled into taking the Cap America role even though others like John Krasinski were practically begging for it. After the first Cap movie it even sounded like he might quit because the promo circuit was too much but then I think just started doing the interviews toasted but that was a bandaid.

by Anonymousreply 48November 9, 2019 11:49 AM

[Quote] I'm the only one who can't remember a single one of his performances in any detail?

I remember he was dull as dishwater in that Danny Boyle film with DL fave Killian Murphy.

by Anonymousreply 49November 9, 2019 11:57 AM

God I hate Billy Eichner.

by Anonymousreply 50November 9, 2019 12:27 PM

R43 Because actors are egomaniacs who think that doing what literally every other sane person in America is doing should earn them universal praise and a gold medal for being so brave.

by Anonymousreply 51November 9, 2019 1:41 PM

Wonder if he and RDJ ever fucked.

by Anonymousreply 52November 9, 2019 1:41 PM

R52 I’m more convinced that he was pounding Tom Hiddleston.

by Anonymousreply 53November 9, 2019 1:51 PM

He’s not gay. He is one that I can say is 100% straight.

His natural accent is the Bostonian one, r46. Like many other actors with accents (not all) he was told to lose it while in auditions because many wouldn’t cast him with an accent because that would regionalize the character automatically, and not every character in films is from Boston. So he had to learn to speak without it early on for auditions and roles he would get, as well as interviews etc. because no accent makes you more “worldwide” than having an accent.

When he’s in his comfort zone A lot of times the accent comes out.

by Anonymousreply 54November 9, 2019 2:08 PM

[Quote] He is one that I can say is 100% straight.

Only he can that, Scott.

by Anonymousreply 55November 9, 2019 2:09 PM

*Only he can say that, Scott.

by Anonymousreply 56November 9, 2019 2:09 PM

Britney Spears was the same. She has a southern accent, but most times she speaks without it. She had to learn to speak without it since MMC, to make her less regional. And when she became a pop star they made her train hard to speak without the accent for interviews etc. because many people will think “hillbilly” when they hear her southern accent (even though hers is not a hillbilly accent) because many people associate southern with hillbilly or rednecks.

She would get in trouble if her accent would come out during interviews early in her career. But she hit it so big they stopped caring eventually.

by Anonymousreply 57November 9, 2019 2:10 PM

[Quote] no accent makes you more “worldwide” than having an accent.

That makes absolutely no sense. A stronger or softer accent, he still sounds American.... worldwide.

by Anonymousreply 58November 9, 2019 2:11 PM

Nope. He’s straight. There isn’t a gay bone in that boys body.

He also didn’t use the casting couch, which is why he struggled before Captain America. Even with F4 he was in a bad place mentally and financially.

by Anonymousreply 59November 9, 2019 2:12 PM

R58 a neutral American accent is considered no accent. He sounds like an “American” vs an “American from Boston”. Get it?

by Anonymousreply 60November 9, 2019 2:13 PM

American Accent = National Accent

Boston Accent = Regional Accent

One represents America, but no specific place. The other is purely Boston.

by Anonymousreply 61November 9, 2019 2:14 PM

[Quote] a neutral American accent is considered no accent.

Not worldwide it isn't.

by Anonymousreply 62November 9, 2019 2:15 PM

[Quote] Nope. He’s straight. There isn’t a gay bone in that boys body.

[Quote] He also didn’t use the casting couch, which is why he struggled before Captain America. Even with F4 he was in a bad place mentally and financially.

I hate when fangurls invade this place. We don't need to hear tidbits from his press pack, thank you.

by Anonymousreply 63November 9, 2019 2:16 PM

R63 some of us speak facts, not fantasy created by gay men on a dying website.

by Anonymousreply 64November 9, 2019 2:24 PM

[Quote] some of us speak facts, not fantasy created by gay men on a dying website.

Best for you to jump ship, then.

by Anonymousreply 65November 9, 2019 2:29 PM

It’s the truth. So much shit I see on here is bullshit and you eat it up.

by Anonymousreply 66November 9, 2019 2:32 PM

[Quote] It’s the truth. So much shit I see on here is bullshit and you eat it up.

Wind your neck in. You don't know anyone's sexuality but your own. And that nonsense about "never" using the casting couch... hush.

by Anonymousreply 67November 9, 2019 2:35 PM

I dare anyone to watch this paparazzi video and tell me that Chris Evans is hetero. Skip to 0:37 if a minute is too long for your ADHD ass.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68November 9, 2019 2:40 PM

That video shows he is hetero r68.... he’s picking up women.

by Anonymousreply 69November 9, 2019 2:42 PM

R69 it's called click bait darling. These queens would never willingly touching a video that shows their fave trying to get into the puss. I myself can accept this video but would stab my eye before I watch Henry Cavill do anything remotely heterosexual.

by Anonymousreply 70November 9, 2019 2:46 PM

How does him trying to pickup women show he ISNT straight?

by Anonymousreply 71November 9, 2019 2:48 PM

He's flexible when he's coked up.

by Anonymousreply 72November 9, 2019 2:48 PM

R71. See my explanation on R70

by Anonymousreply 73November 9, 2019 2:51 PM

I thought it was pretty well known that Chris Evans likes black women but he has still has never dated one that he’d take out in public as much as he did Jenny Slate.

by Anonymousreply 74November 9, 2019 2:59 PM

Oh, jesus. LSA fangirls have arrived.

by Anonymousreply 75November 9, 2019 3:04 PM

[Quote] irritated about having to explain this.

Do better in future.

by Anonymousreply 76November 9, 2019 3:04 PM

R74 you all must have missed all the nasty comments Jenny Slate received for dating him. Many white people attacking her for being a Jew dating him. Even David Duke attacked him for dating her, so imagine if he dated a black woman publicly? It would be even worse for that woman.

by Anonymousreply 77November 9, 2019 3:06 PM

He likes all women. He doesn’t date a specific race. He dates women of all races and colors.

I know it’s hard for old DLers to grasp, but many people out there are open to dating different types of people. Or look for qualities that have nothing to do with race.

by Anonymousreply 78November 9, 2019 3:08 PM

Awww he went to a Beyoncé concert. Good taste.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79November 9, 2019 3:09 PM

[Quote] many people out there are open to dating different types of people.

He likes the pole AND the hole?

by Anonymousreply 80November 9, 2019 3:12 PM

Ugh. He likes women.

by Anonymousreply 81November 9, 2019 3:14 PM

[Quote] He likes women.

Trans and Cis?

by Anonymousreply 82November 9, 2019 3:15 PM

He's aged poorly. He went from super hot to average really fast.

by Anonymousreply 83November 9, 2019 3:18 PM

R74 didn't Evans openly date Naomi Harris before Captain America and the Minka Kelly famewhore era?

I don't think he's a Michael Fassbender type who literally only dated black girls only to marry a white girl who layers on the self tanner. Lol. Do you think he's agent maybe told him to closet that jungle fever of his??

by Anonymousreply 84November 9, 2019 3:26 PM

A human liking another human for who they are etc. despite skin color and race is “Jungle Fever”? Nope.

by Anonymousreply 85November 9, 2019 3:28 PM

Dear liberal white women, don't come to DL to get your race sensitivity credentials. "Jungle fever" is just the colloquial term and I believe it's taken from a Spike Lee movie by the same name. Now I don't know if Fassbender has a racist fetish for black girls (because those guys do exist!) or if he simply likes melanin but the fact is he had a veeeeery clear preference until it looked like he was about to break into household name status. Then he suddenly dated his first white girl and married immediately. I'm gay enough to recognise a closeting of preference when I see it. The funniest thing is that it actually failed for him. His profile and caree have been in steep decline since Alicia Vikander.

by Anonymousreply 86November 9, 2019 3:48 PM

Yes, there are racist white men that like to fuck black girls. I mean, going back to slavery there were slave owners raping their slaves.

by Anonymousreply 87November 9, 2019 3:54 PM

This thread is going so well.

by Anonymousreply 88November 9, 2019 3:58 PM

His PR people have done an amazing job convincing the awkward fangirls that he's *just like them* and his erratic behavior at events and multi-month disappearing acts are CERTAINLY not caused by a raging coke habit and trips to rehab. He just gets nervous, guys!

by Anonymousreply 89November 9, 2019 4:12 PM

R84, they went to a premiere together and people "speculated" they were dating. Neither admitted it and I don't think they were spotted outside of the photos of that event. He did respond to the KKK David Duke guy attacking him for being at the premiere with her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90November 9, 2019 4:17 PM

R74- that's not well known at all. The same is said about Leonardo DiCaprio. Yet, he's never even dated a white brunette woman until now. It's all wishful thinking by a specific segment of their fans.

by Anonymousreply 91November 9, 2019 4:19 PM

To elaborate on r89's post: He bought a house in or near Boston and holed up for months as a semi-recluse. He attended some Marvel event where he was so visibly coked up they rushed him past the paps and hustled him out the back door to a waiting car. I don't believe it was a one-time thing, either.

His brother has a raging coke problem, he was fired from that soap he was on, and was also arrested for possession in LA.

by Anonymousreply 92November 9, 2019 4:42 PM

Chris Evans took Naomi Harris to a red carpet premier because she was a sad sack without a date. And he made a beeline for that black girl in the pap video because he was looking for directions. And by the way DiCaprio was merely Rihannas platonic buddy, don't ask me why she cut him off the instant she got a boyfriend. And by the way, the yatch shots of the occasional black girl doesn't mean anything. She's probably just an employee. Oh and those grapevine whispers are just lies. Aaaaaaaall liiiiieeees! These are good solid Aryan men seeking only the finest Caucasian female stock. Any reports of homosexuality or interracial preferences are sordid liiiiiiiiieeees!

by Anonymousreply 93November 9, 2019 4:51 PM

Here come the DL racists with their made up bullshit.

I’m sure Naomie Harris couldn’t find ANYONE to take her. I’m sure.

I’m sure the people Evans was with couldn’t get directions on his SMART PHONE he was using. Or from anyone else.

I’m sure.

by Anonymousreply 94November 9, 2019 4:53 PM

R94 Bitch if that's directed at me, learn to read sarcasm. My post was SARCASTIC. God, this thread is exhausting. Why do I have to walk you through snark?

by Anonymousreply 95November 9, 2019 4:58 PM

He seems to be playing it straight so no one will get the idea he's even remotely like Eichner. It's always funny to watch some straight men around effeminate gay men. If they're not outright antagonistic they're acting disinterested as if to say "see I'm not anything like this mincing queer".

by Anonymousreply 96November 9, 2019 5:03 PM

Interacting with the public is scary and not everyone is good at it.

by Anonymousreply 97November 9, 2019 5:09 PM

Then don't become an actor ffs. Real shy people with social anxiety sit at home with no friends, they don't star in the biggest blockbuster in the history of cinema. There are NO shy actors, it's an oxymoron.

by Anonymousreply 98November 9, 2019 5:24 PM

They can be shy.

by Anonymousreply 99November 9, 2019 5:25 PM

I just love that he agreed to let the stylist French tuck him. I want to swallow his kids.

by Anonymousreply 100November 9, 2019 5:25 PM

r96, Billy is not mincing in that clip: he's just incredibly obnoxious and unfunny.

by Anonymousreply 101November 9, 2019 5:32 PM

Socially awkward people are drawn to acting because pretending to be someone else provides an escape from their ruminations. Most of them stay character actors but some (un)lucky ones crack into stardom and doing their promo work is a torture. DeNiro is the best example of this type

by Anonymousreply 102November 9, 2019 5:56 PM

Many actors are very shy when they're on camera having to be their real selves and not playing some character reciting lines written for them by someone else.

by Anonymousreply 103November 9, 2019 6:01 PM

Billys show is just the same joke over and over. It's him startling strangers and cutting them off when they start to talk

by Anonymousreply 104November 9, 2019 6:02 PM

I don’t know why OP is judging Chris based on edits and material made by people who are not Chris.

You must think reality TV is “real.”

by Anonymousreply 105November 9, 2019 6:05 PM

Yes it's crazy r89, his reputation used to be as a party animal and you hear story of him and his crew painting the town red. But somehow that was replaced by all these Chris Evans is a poor bambi with bad social anxiety.

by Anonymousreply 106November 9, 2019 6:21 PM

The social anxiety stories have been around since 2005.

by Anonymousreply 107November 9, 2019 6:26 PM

As have the stories of him being a raging alcoholic and cokehead r107. Not really stories, we've seen him shitfaced on the red carpet. I remember Hensworth saying the first time he met Evans, he ended up partying til 7am.

It's all very out in the open, but people don't really talk about him when it comes to celebrities eith substance problems.

by Anonymousreply 108November 9, 2019 6:38 PM

He started doing Coke to help his anxiety

by Anonymousreply 109November 9, 2019 6:41 PM

People who don't like going out in public, aren't out in bars whenever they get the chance.

Chris is nervous about giving interviews and what not, that's a different type of thing.

by Anonymousreply 110November 9, 2019 6:44 PM

I know humanity deserves the worst, but Billy On the Street is cruel and unusual punishment.

by Anonymousreply 111November 9, 2019 6:47 PM

Again, drugs tend to make the anxiety go away. Coke makes one go from introverted and anxious to extroverted and hyper.

by Anonymousreply 112November 9, 2019 6:49 PM

[quote]Yes it's crazy [R89], his reputation used to be as a party animal and you hear story of him and his crew painting the town red. But somehow that was replaced by all these Chris Evans is a poor bambi with bad social anxiety.

People are blowing things out of proportion. He and others have said he has no problem with acting or being around other people in a social setting.

He doesn't have "social anxiety" he has "anxiety" about doing large scale interviews, walking the red carpet and speaking in front of groups of people.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113November 9, 2019 6:58 PM

[quote]These are good solid Aryan men seeking only the finest Caucasian female stock.

Evans and Dicaprio are both 1/2 Italian. Not very Aryan.

by Anonymousreply 114November 9, 2019 7:01 PM

Correct r113, that's what I said at r110.

Evans is obviously a very social guy, what he is nervous about is the celebrity thing.

by Anonymousreply 115November 9, 2019 7:01 PM

[quote]It's always funny to watch some straight men around effeminate gay men. If they're not outright antagonistic they're acting disinterested as if to say "see I'm not anything like this mincing queer".

Masculine gay men are the same way.

by Anonymousreply 116November 9, 2019 7:03 PM

Who is he dating now? He's been single for a long while. He's almost nearing 40 and no real longterm serious relationship.

He dated Sandra Bullock briefly. He seems to like funny women like Jenny Slate and Sandy. He said Sandy was his first celebrity crush, too bad she's so much older than him, they would be a great match.

by Anonymousreply 117November 9, 2019 7:07 PM

I don’t think the anxiety stuff is true, I just think he dislikes being a Marvel-type celebrity. It messes with his image of himself, he sees himself as “above” captain america. The paparazzi and stuff remind him that he’s not a Shakespearean actor, he’s made a career off of being a sexually objectified ken doll, and he resents that.

by Anonymousreply 118November 9, 2019 7:07 PM

He was having anxiety attacks while doing press for Fantastic Four.

by Anonymousreply 119November 9, 2019 7:10 PM

r118 they do the Marvel stuff for the $$$$. I'm sure Benedict Cumberbatch privately disliked being Dr. Strange, but the money is just too good to turn down. Especially when you're at or near 40, half your career is already over and you're looking at the inevitable decline.

by Anonymousreply 120November 9, 2019 7:14 PM

[quote]I just think he dislikes being a Marvel-type celebrity. It messes with his image of himself, he sees himself as “above” captain america. The paparazzi and stuff remind him that he’s not a Shakespearean actor, he’s made a career off of being a sexually objectified ken doll, and he resents that.

Chris Evans has never given off that type of vibe in any interview that he is better than that. He seems very down to earth. Sure they are just interviews, but many actors can't hide that sense of being a "serious ACTOR above the lowest common denominator stuff" in interviews. For example

[quote]Let’s discuss your sexy, now-infamous 2004 Flaunt magazine photo shoot — and why you seem more hesitant to flaunt your physique. I really didn’t think twice about taking my shirt off at the time, but my current publicist would pull her hair out if I did that photo shoot today. If I got to a photo shoot and they said, “OK, we’re going to do some shirtless shots,” I’d say, “Fine. No big deal.” It never really occurred to me that that could be misinterpreted as a bad thing or as selling out.

[quote]Do you think those photos hurt you? I couldn’t care less, and I don’t think it makes one lick of difference. But I hired my publicist for her professional opinion, and she seems to think it’s a mistake. I have no problem taking my shirt off for a role if the part calls for it, but my publicist says, “When you’re promoting yourself, being you, there’s a way to keep it as classy as possible. Greasing yourself up and stripping down may not be the best way to do it.” To some degree, she may have a point. But at the end of the day, it didn’t bother me then and it doesn’t bother me now. Maybe I dropped to #8 because I haven’t had enough shirtless photo shoots lately. I’m blaming my publicist. [Laughs]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121November 9, 2019 7:20 PM

He's the luckiest average white guy I've seen in a while.

by Anonymousreply 122November 9, 2019 7:26 PM

He has never pretended to be a gritty Indie actor. He isn't playing the dark roles you associate with actors who need to be taken seriously. Instead he seems drawn to small romantic dramas. Hes very open of his love of corny musicals. He's not pulling a Pattinson. He's just doing smaller movies with soft themes. Basically an actor just trying to limit exposure but also play movies he likes watching

by Anonymousreply 123November 9, 2019 7:27 PM

His mother pushed him into the business.

by Anonymousreply 124November 9, 2019 7:28 PM

[quote]He's the luckiest average white guy I've seen in a while.

He is hot and charismatic on screen. Even in those terrible Fantastic Four movies, he was a lot of fun to watch and sexy as hell.

by Anonymousreply 125November 9, 2019 7:30 PM

[quote] He has never pretended to be a gritty Indie actor. He isn't playing the dark roles you associate with actors who need to be taken seriously.

You didn't see SnowPiercer? That was a dark role and he was exceptionally good in it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126November 9, 2019 7:37 PM

He's hitting 40 and really looks it. Not as badly as Chris Pine, though.

by Anonymousreply 127November 9, 2019 7:37 PM

Of all the mediocre straight white guys succeeding solely on being white and male and straight, Chris Evans is the least offensive. This dude uses his power for good.

by Anonymousreply 128November 9, 2019 7:37 PM

All his projects, all of them without fail have been soft themes. Snowpiecer wasn't his, he is the hired help and it's literally the only gritty themed one.

by Anonymousreply 129November 9, 2019 7:39 PM

How is his skittishness a debate here. There's literally a Rolling Stone interview titled "the neurotic Avenger".

by Anonymousreply 130November 9, 2019 7:42 PM

R129, So what if he's hired help? He starred in these movies. I don't get what you're trying to say, that he needs to produce them now too? You're standard is a little too high. Does Leo produce all his movies, give me a break.

He also starred in The Red Sea Diving Resort this year---about Israel's Mossad agents attempt to rescue Ethiopian Jewish refugees in Sudan in 1979-- that doesn't sound like a light romantic comedy to me. When he tries to take on serious roles, they get very little airplay or go straight to video.

by Anonymousreply 131November 9, 2019 7:44 PM

Chris Evans talking about his anxiety around fame 8 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 132November 9, 2019 7:45 PM

Silly me

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 133November 9, 2019 7:45 PM

[quote]Of all the mediocre straight white guys succeeding solely on being white and male and straight, Chris Evans is the least offensive.

Please. Every white guy is mediocre to you.

by Anonymousreply 134November 9, 2019 7:46 PM

R131 That his passion is lighter hearted fair, dummy.

by Anonymousreply 135November 9, 2019 7:47 PM

Nope. Just the mediocre ones r134

by Anonymousreply 136November 9, 2019 7:48 PM

Evans is far from mediocre. Lots of charisma on-screen.

by Anonymousreply 137November 9, 2019 7:50 PM

If you think that an openly gay or female or black Chris Evans would be more than a supporting character, you are insane. To his credit, he redeems himself by spending his influence on issues that matter. That's more than I can say for his peers.

by Anonymousreply 138November 9, 2019 8:32 PM

Never Forget

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139November 9, 2019 10:47 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 140November 9, 2019 10:48 PM

[Quote] and not every character in films is from Boston

Unless they're being played by Marky Mark.

[Quote] didn't Evans openly date Naomi Harris before Captain America and the Minka Kelly famewhore era?

I heard he was engaged to Naomi. And Minka was the lucky one to give him herpes. There was also Jessica Biel (who I say downgraded to JT).

Anf I forget which magazine it was, but in the article the woman who wrote it mentioned at the end how she'd left her jacket at his place. Some assumed that she'd slept with him.

by Anonymousreply 141November 10, 2019 4:13 AM

I think he and Slate were the real deal, strange a couple as they were. I wonder if his 'habits' had anything to do with that split, twice?

Slate certainly got together with her new guy quickly, and pinned him down rapidly.

by Anonymousreply 142November 10, 2019 4:20 AM

I think Slate couldn't believe her luck at landing that hot piece. She kept gushing about him in interviews very awkwardly.

by Anonymousreply 143November 10, 2019 5:14 AM

Billy Eichner would make anyone ill at ease.

by Anonymousreply 144November 10, 2019 5:21 AM

I think Chris did an interview saying he wasn't what Slate expected. She assumed he was a dudebro.

by Anonymousreply 145November 10, 2019 5:22 AM

Really conventionally beautiful guys for some reason rarely gravitate towards really conventionally beautiful girls. Keanu is the latest confirmation. Brad Pitt with Angelina Jolie was an anomaly but if you look through his history you'll see he was on trend until Jolie. And I suspect he's returned to the trend too. I doubt he's dating supermodels or bombshells.

by Anonymousreply 146November 10, 2019 5:25 AM

[Quote] Really conventionally beautiful guys for some reason rarely gravitate towards really conventionally beautiful girls.

I don't know about that. We don't who they're dating/fucking behind the scenes vs who they're with publicly.

by Anonymousreply 147November 10, 2019 8:40 AM

He's so much hotter with a beard & a little scruffy When he's clean shaven with every hair on his head in place he looks practically like a waxworks figure.

by Anonymousreply 148November 10, 2019 11:30 AM

This thread is a mess. If anyone follows him on Twitter he seems very much like a “real one”. He uses his status for good to push social justice issues and does not hold back. He’s an ally to the community because his brother is gay and they have a very close relationship. Homeboy is straight get over it! He accidentally outed his brother I think in that same old interview. He talk about how his brother came out to him and he didn’t understand why his bro didn’t tell him sooner. He’s mentioned plenty of times how he grew up in an extremely liberal household. His parents schooled him on racial,social and sex issues at a young age. All this has been in interviews just google. So yes he dates all woman. If you know how Boston is that’s very key because Boston has some racist as fuck people and areas.He also mentioned how his mom actually wanted a gay kid and was upset it wasn’t him but was happy when it was Scott. Yes he may have had a little drug phase but look we all know how hollyweird is. You bitches are ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 149November 10, 2019 12:21 PM

His lowest point was faking that friendship with Chris Pratt. I guess the studio forced them.

by Anonymousreply 150November 10, 2019 12:26 PM

Chris may have the better body, but his brother Scott has the better face. He's gorgeous. Chris looks like he's had way too many chemical peels.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151November 10, 2019 12:32 PM

Who cares? He's so hot. (Or, he has been. He's hitting the wall now.) He was the only reason for watching those Marvel movies. Pure eye candy. Maybe people think he's gay because of his scenes with Sebastian Stan? For being a popcorn film, their scenes together in Winter Soldier are electric. There was more passion between them than most love stories.

by Anonymousreply 152November 10, 2019 12:40 PM

[Quote] This thread is a mess.

Some are worse than others.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 153November 10, 2019 1:07 PM

Scott, his brother, aslo has a pretty big dick and I would marry the fuck outta him

by Anonymousreply 154November 10, 2019 1:11 PM

Scott's naked selfies....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155November 10, 2019 2:14 PM

Chris is good people. He should find a nice girl who makes him laugh and start thinking about a political career.

by Anonymousreply 156November 10, 2019 5:25 PM

I don’t think he wants to marry, despite always saying he does. He says that for the frauen but in reality he doesn’t want to marry or have kids. At least yet.

He seems nice overall.

by Anonymousreply 157November 10, 2019 7:45 PM

There is nothing wrong with waiting to settle down.

Chris Evans enjoys having fun, no point in trying to do the domestic thing until you are ready for it.

by Anonymousreply 158November 10, 2019 7:53 PM

Billy Eichner is one of the worst people alive. Total obnoxious retard.

by Anonymousreply 159November 10, 2019 7:59 PM

I've been in the same room with Eichner, and he is exactly the same IRL. Totally insufferable asshole.

by Anonymousreply 160November 10, 2019 8:07 PM

There is a video dedicated to the women he has dated.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 161November 10, 2019 11:26 PM

He was at his peak hotness around the Jessica Biel relationship, which was around the time of his Flaunt shoot and F4.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 162November 10, 2019 11:29 PM

He has shit taste in women.

by Anonymousreply 163November 10, 2019 11:31 PM

Jessica Biel downgraded big time. I think that was said before but will say it again. Major downgrade.

by Anonymousreply 164November 10, 2019 11:46 PM

Well it’s not all about looks. Maybe she clicks better with JT

by Anonymousreply 165November 11, 2019 12:01 AM

[Quote] Jessica Biel downgraded big time. I think that was said before but will say it again. Major downgrade.

Absolutely.

[Quote] Well it’s not all about looks. Maybe she clicks better with JT

Didn't hurt that JT was the bigger star at the time.

by Anonymousreply 166November 11, 2019 11:13 AM

JT probably has a ton more money.

by Anonymousreply 167November 11, 2019 12:55 PM

Socially awkward? No. Chris Evans is a sane, rational human being with a good sense of humor. Anyone would be considered "socially awkward" paired with that hyperactive, loudmouth ass-clown, Billy Eichner.

by Anonymousreply 168November 11, 2019 1:10 PM

I thought he seemed pretty embarrassed but it's probably quite awkward to be around Billy Eichner doing that schtick.

I also thought Chris looked really skinny, like he's not been hitting the gym enough lately - probably hasn't been now he's finished with Captain America, but that makes me sad. I still like him though, looking forward to seeing him play an asshole character in 'Knives Out'.

by Anonymousreply 169November 11, 2019 1:34 PM

[quote]I also thought Chris looked really skinny, like he's not been hitting the gym enough lately - probably hasn't been now he's finished with Captain America, but that makes me sad.

Maintaining the kind of body he had for Captain America is a full-time job, it's probably too much work for him to bother with. You basically have to live at the gym and can barely eat solid food for that kind of physique. It's a real pain in the ass for most people to do that.

by Anonymousreply 170November 11, 2019 1:49 PM

I think his gay brother Scott is extremely good looking, but for some reason I don't find him as sexy as Chris. Maybe Scott should grow a beard?

R170 - it's not a full time job, plenty of guys have those superhero bodies but still work full time jobs - it's a matter of dedication and time management, though obviously it does take lots of time and effort to maintain. He's been in good shape for years but I guess without the superhero role to justify the time he's not interested in looking like that for it's own sake, which is his choice of course.

by Anonymousreply 171November 11, 2019 4:13 PM

Well, we've all seen Scott's wanger and it's pretty impressive. I wonder how Chris measures up.

by Anonymousreply 172November 11, 2019 5:02 PM

Chris is probably just introverted and socially awkward in certain situations. I'm the same way so his behavior isn't particularly odd to me. If you remove the assumption that he's a celebrity so he should be gregarious and engaging and 'on', then his behavior just seems normal.

A lot of you sound insecure. It isn't "jungle fever" or a "fetish" for him to date black and Latin women, it's a preference or simple openness to not exclusively dating within his own race. He isn't yours and he doesn't know you exist, so those women aren't taking anything away from you.

r164: I agree. For a straight couple, Chris & Jessica are hotter than Justin + Jessica. I think she would have maintained her looks if she never got together with JT. Like Angelina, she was very attractive when she was fit and strong but seems to have morphed into a frail-looking, cosmetically-altered shell of what she could have been.

by Anonymousreply 173November 11, 2019 5:46 PM

I think the debate was more about whether he hides his non white girlfriends. Because there are a couple of celebrities who are known to privately pursue women of color but only go public with white girlfriends.

by Anonymousreply 174November 11, 2019 7:02 PM

He doesn’t really seem to be public with any girlfriend. The only one I can really think of is Jenny Slate. He’s an odd guy. There’s something odd about him, it’s a bit ominous.

by Anonymousreply 175November 11, 2019 7:21 PM

R175 and that was more Jenny than anything

by Anonymousreply 176November 11, 2019 7:31 PM

He likes to keep his romances to himself. That’s fine.

by Anonymousreply 177November 11, 2019 9:25 PM

Lots of Chris fangirls on this thread vehemently defending him against any criticism that gets thrown his way, as if he’s an injured puppy and not a full grown millionaire.

by Anonymousreply 178November 11, 2019 9:28 PM

R173 Jessica still looks good. But she's not as toned as she used to be.

R178 that's what a stan does.

by Anonymousreply 179November 12, 2019 5:46 AM

Not true, r123.

He has done gritty indies — and I wouldn’t even call Snowpiercer one.

Did you ever see Sunshine? Did you ever see the Iceman? I’m not surprised. You wouldn’t have recognized him anyway.

by Anonymousreply 180November 12, 2019 6:58 AM

Chris needs to stop sweeping his hair back and exposing the expanse of that forehead. That is never a good look on a younger man.

by Anonymousreply 181November 12, 2019 11:41 AM

Jesus, that clip at that rally was crazy. He sounds like Ben Affleck in an old Kevin Smith movie. HOT

I remember watching the Tonight Show with Leno and It was Jennifer Garner's very first TV interview--at the beginning of Alias--and she literally sounded like to a Hee-Haw cast member. No shit. Since then she's covered it up but the contrast was shocking.

by Anonymousreply 182November 12, 2019 12:38 PM

He looked A-MAZ-ING in that awful Netflix movie about smuggling people across 3rd world borders or something. I mean...it was almost painful how good he looked. You didn't even notice Michiel Huisman and he's naked.

by Anonymousreply 183November 12, 2019 12:42 PM

[quote]Chris needs to stop sweeping his hair back and exposing the expanse of that forehead. That is never a good look on a younger man.

"Younger man?" He's almost 40.

by Anonymousreply 184November 12, 2019 1:49 PM

Trust me, at my age "almost 40" is a child.

by Anonymousreply 185November 12, 2019 2:13 PM

Yes. Almost 40 is very young to people over 60. Or even late 50s.

by Anonymousreply 186November 12, 2019 2:36 PM

His hair always looks better in his films. When he styles it himself (or his mom styles it, dunno), it's not flattering. Such a shame, too.

by Anonymousreply 187November 12, 2019 3:31 PM

What is the deal with his mom? I don't follow him that closely to know, but his mom has been mentioned several times about suing people and styling his hair? Is she his manager or something?

by Anonymousreply 188November 12, 2019 3:36 PM

He barely has hair. He uses wigs.

by Anonymousreply 189November 12, 2019 3:46 PM

He and his mom need to invest in better ones, then, R189

by Anonymousreply 190November 12, 2019 4:43 PM

Why is he so fat in R162? What’s with the double chin?

by Anonymousreply 191November 12, 2019 4:48 PM

Chris and his mom have a codependent relationship.

by Anonymousreply 192November 12, 2019 5:11 PM

Co-dependent is different from closeness. co-dependency requires enabling something. What exactly is she enabling?

by Anonymousreply 193November 12, 2019 5:58 PM

Chris ran home to tell his mom he lost his virginity right after it happened.

by Anonymousreply 194November 12, 2019 6:53 PM

The share hotel rooms together. No shit, really.

by Anonymousreply 195November 12, 2019 8:40 PM

His mom tried to sue LSA and celebitchy/ONTD? for spreading the (true) rumour that her precious crotchfruit has/had herpes and at least one other STD ( gonorrhea according to the rumours back then). R188

by Anonymousreply 196November 12, 2019 10:34 PM

His mom checked and said he didn’t have any herpes on his mouth or his genitals. She said it was all lies.

by Anonymousreply 197November 12, 2019 11:13 PM

His mom forgot to check his asshole, though. That's where the truth was.

by Anonymousreply 198November 12, 2019 11:14 PM

He is very handsome. That pic of him and Elizabeth Olsen is hilarious. And he dated Jenny Slate, so his standards aren't too high. She is a annoying as hell.

by Anonymousreply 199November 12, 2019 11:29 PM

I can't believe he stuck his dick in Jenny Slate. Didn't Jon Hamm also get a ride? WTF she is so homely and annoying.

by Anonymousreply 200November 12, 2019 11:40 PM

Not everything is about looks.

She’s very articulate, incredibly intelligent, funny and hard working. She also is very liberal, which is important to Chris.

by Anonymousreply 201November 12, 2019 11:42 PM

People here hate Jenny because he’s not physically attractive. She’s funny and smart, clearly. I don’t know if she’s a cunt or not but eh, at least he isn’t dating 21 year old bimbo models like most of his ilk.

by Anonymousreply 202November 12, 2019 11:57 PM

[quote]She also is very liberal, which is important to Chris.

She's also from Boston, which is super important to Chris (and his crazy mom).

by Anonymousreply 203November 13, 2019 1:06 AM

Chris Evans and Jake Gyllenhaal are both weirdly close with their mothers, which is a red flag at their age. Very Oedipal.

by Anonymousreply 204November 13, 2019 1:09 AM

So are Leo and Bradley.

by Anonymousreply 205November 13, 2019 1:18 AM

Chris's mother is a typical over-bearing, batshit Italian Metrowest (Boston) townie suburban mom. There are a million like her in all those towns between 128 and 495 and beyond. They think their kids, esp their sons, walk on water and that NO PLACE on earth is a great as Boston to live and raise a family.

She's the sister of a locally famous Dem politician, a Congressman no less (Mike Capuano, now out of office). This makes her sense of grandeur and entitlement all the more pronounced. She used to post to some of the online forums on posts about Chris, like Celebitchy. A real piece of work.

by Anonymousreply 206November 13, 2019 1:19 AM

Have you all seen the house they grew up in? It’s BEAUTIFUL and big.

Did the mom work? I know the dad was a very successful Attorney?

by Anonymousreply 207November 13, 2019 1:21 AM

I think pater Evans was a dentist if memory serves. Lincoln-Sudbury is a fairly tony area in suburban Boston so yes, their home would be nice.

by Anonymousreply 208November 13, 2019 1:23 AM

The dad was (still is?) a dentist. He and Chris's crazy mother divorced when Chris was young.

Yes, Momma Evans is one of those suffocating Italian mommas who is overbearing and thinks her son walks on water. Well, Chris anyway. The other son, not so much.

by Anonymousreply 209November 13, 2019 1:23 AM

They divorced when he was nearly 20 and out of high school, but still. Unusual for Catholic parents of that social strata, in that area - eastern Mass, where most stay married and live separate lives rather than bear divorce stigma.

by Anonymousreply 210November 13, 2019 1:31 AM

Scott definitely was second fiddle to his brother.

Most Italian moms are cunts to their daughters.

by Anonymousreply 211November 13, 2019 1:32 AM

They divorced when he was an adult. Not a kid. He was raised by both parents together.

by Anonymousreply 212November 13, 2019 1:32 AM

Jenny Slate is so damn ugly and untalented. I think Chris has severe mental issues.

by Anonymousreply 213November 13, 2019 1:34 AM

[quote]Most Italian moms are cunts to their daughters.

And the two daughters (Chris's sisters) are fat and homely, to boot. One can only imagine how tough it was for them.

by Anonymousreply 214November 13, 2019 1:35 AM

Here's a pic of the whole family.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 215November 13, 2019 1:37 AM

His political interest makes me nervous. At least he’s anti-Trump, but there’s always going to be something that rubs me the wrong way about actors getting involved in politics. Especially ones heavily affiliated with Disney.

by Anonymousreply 216November 13, 2019 1:37 AM

R215 Wow, Scott and Chris must be somebody else’s son. Either that or Dr. Evans was very attractive in his younger years.

by Anonymousreply 217November 13, 2019 1:38 AM

Are we really attacking a mans looks when he’s getting near 70? He looks pretty good to me.

by Anonymousreply 218November 13, 2019 1:41 AM

Chris's father is of half German and half Welsh/English/Scottish ancestry, while Chris's mother is of half Italian and half Irish descent.

by Anonymousreply 219November 13, 2019 1:43 AM

Chris’s mom reminds me of the moms on the NBC reality show “Mommas Boys” from a decade ago, which only lasted one season.

One of the moms was a raging racist and would go nuts if a Black woman even looked at her son! But even with the white women, no one was good enough.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 220November 13, 2019 1:54 AM

Slate new standup special is rather sweet.

by Anonymousreply 221November 13, 2019 2:02 AM

R215 his sister is quite pretty.

by Anonymousreply 222November 13, 2019 4:48 AM

The celebitchy writers have said the only reps they've ever heard from are Leanne Rimes and Taylor Swift. I've never heard of Chris Evans mum being on LSA either. Can you produce proof R196 ?

by Anonymousreply 223November 13, 2019 7:12 AM

[quote]I can't believe he stuck his dick in Jenny Slate. Didn't Jon Hamm also get a ride? WTF she is so homely and annoying.

...But still getting Prime “A” cock. God, you must be so JEALOUS.

by Anonymousreply 224November 13, 2019 10:37 AM

Jenny Slate isn’t even ugly. She’s cute.

by Anonymousreply 225November 13, 2019 4:01 PM

I have no issue with Jenny but the way she gushed about him was cringy and 7th grade.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 226November 13, 2019 4:06 PM

[quote]God, you must be so JEALOUS.

Not jealous, just find it odd that guys that hot would stick their dicks in an annoying fug like that.

by Anonymousreply 227November 13, 2019 4:07 PM

Because. Not. Everyone. Is. Obsessed. With. Looks.

Some people are turned on by people that they can have real conversations with, no matter what the topic, and people that make them laugh etc.

Not everything is about LOOKS.

by Anonymousreply 228November 13, 2019 4:10 PM

R227, fuck you. You probably don't even realize that some of the jokes you may have laughed the hardest at on SNL, she may have wrote. She isn't ugly, because if she were, I doubt she'd be married. Stop the jealousy because it's so hard for you to score.

by Anonymousreply 229November 13, 2019 4:10 PM

R228, I don't really know anymore in this age...it beguiles me that someone that I think is hot will pass me over for the vapid twink just for they think is better sex.

by Anonymousreply 230November 13, 2019 4:11 PM

She's not just ugg, she has an annoying personality. Maybe she does anal.

by Anonymousreply 231November 13, 2019 4:17 PM

Oh please. A bunch of gold star queens trying to decipher what straight men want. Stick to trading Kaftan laundering tips.

by Anonymousreply 232November 13, 2019 4:22 PM

Look at that dead raccoon on Billy’s head.

by Anonymousreply 233November 13, 2019 4:25 PM

R232, why don't you go stand out in front so the trash can be picked up? You must have forgotten Monday was a holiday...

by Anonymousreply 234November 13, 2019 4:29 PM

[quote] He has social anxiety. That's why he had to be armwrestled into taking the Cap America role even though others like John Krasinski were practically begging for it.

John Krasinski as Captain America?! Only after extensive plastic surgery.

by Anonymousreply 235November 13, 2019 4:33 PM

R235, why couldn't that be? He's Jack Ryan, and has the body of Captain America naturally, so...? [shrugs shoulders, raises hands]

by Anonymousreply 236November 13, 2019 4:35 PM

The problem isn’t his body. It’s his face.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 237November 13, 2019 4:45 PM

R237, I literally died laughing out loud by just looking at the photo. I forgot about that episode.

by Anonymousreply 238November 13, 2019 4:47 PM

They were going with a comedic take on Cap for a minute because they were afraid the characters earnestness wouldn't resonate. That's why they faught for Chris Evans. He was able to balance the serious boyscout with a likeable quality. I'm surprised Krasinski didn't try for Guardians later on.

by Anonymousreply 239November 13, 2019 5:08 PM

Krasinski has a bite to his comedy that you don’t find in Marvel movies, which I’m pretty sure is why he never did anything for Marvel after being in the running for Cap. The comedic deliveries he got famous for were all sarcastic or sardonic quips, and Marvel’s brand of “comedy” is designed to be an all-appealing, plastic thing. Kids wouldn’t get the sarcasm in his deliveries, so they never would have picked him for Guardians. Marvel needs idiotic pretty boys like the Chris trinity, because unlike Krasinski, they have the soulless, inoffensive charm of Ken dolls.

by Anonymousreply 240November 13, 2019 5:29 PM

R240, I wholeheartedly agree.

by Anonymousreply 241November 13, 2019 5:58 PM

How would Krasinski's ears have fit into the Captain America mask? Widescreen? CGI?

by Anonymousreply 242November 13, 2019 6:00 PM

Krasinski has a hot ass

by Anonymousreply 243November 13, 2019 6:08 PM

R243 You can say that again.

by Anonymousreply 244November 13, 2019 6:14 PM

At least the “America’s Ass” joke would’ve made sense with Krasinski as Cap instead of the assless Evans.

by Anonymousreply 245November 13, 2019 6:15 PM

Karsinski has a peasant face, he's no Captain America. Too common. Chris Evans was perfect for that role.

by Anonymousreply 246November 13, 2019 6:47 PM

Lol. Krasinski does have peasant face. That nose is definitely from a line cabbage soup eaters

by Anonymousreply 247November 13, 2019 7:12 PM

Krasinski looks rough and common. Chris Evans is a sculpted Adonis.

by Anonymousreply 248November 13, 2019 7:32 PM

Evans is as bald and ghostly-pale as this dead man.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 249November 13, 2019 7:34 PM

Evans is an Adonis? Really? Besides, Steve is supposed to look sort of common. He’s a poor, small, geeky kid from Brooklyn, he’s not a supermodel.

by Anonymousreply 250November 13, 2019 7:40 PM

[quote]Evans is an Adonis? Really?

Sure is.

by Anonymousreply 251November 13, 2019 7:42 PM

The Steve Rogers role is supposed to be an everyman. Most comic book roles are written as everymen. Disney’s just conditioned everyone to think average looking characters like Peter Parker and Steve Rogers should be depicted as models because they only cast hotties in their films.

by Anonymousreply 252November 13, 2019 7:42 PM

Krasinski has that 'kind of good looking but not quite' face about him.

He's a bit insipid and doesn't really pull off that heroic persona that Evans was able to achieve.

by Anonymousreply 253November 13, 2019 7:43 PM

Steve Rogers was an everyman before his transformation. Then he became a beautiful god-like superhero.

by Anonymousreply 254November 13, 2019 7:45 PM

Krasinski looks like the IT guy in your office who's a secret porn addict.

by Anonymousreply 255November 13, 2019 7:45 PM

Okay, can we get back on the original topic? Why does Chris look so...pasty in this video? Even Billy had more color with his off-color jokes.

by Anonymousreply 256November 13, 2019 8:30 PM

Steve Rogers was gorgeous after his transformation. This is part of why they wanted Chris Evans so bad.

He was an Everyman at first, but after he goes under and becomes “Captain America” he is perfect. From his mindset to his morals to his body to his beautiful blonde hair to his beautiful blue eyes in his beautiful face, he becomes walking PERFECTION.

He is supposed to be the perfect representation of “America”

Beautiful white man with blue eyes, blond hair, perfect physique with strong morals, strong in stature, smart, brave etc.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 257November 13, 2019 8:43 PM

[Quote]He is supposed to be the perfect representation of “America” Beautiful white man with blue eyes, blond hair

That doesn't sound like the perfect representation of America. Blonde hair and blue eyes is a very nordic look, I think most people would think of like Sweden first.

by Anonymousreply 258November 13, 2019 9:04 PM

R258 in the 40s and 50s? Blonde was seen as more beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 259November 13, 2019 9:18 PM

Exactly. Captain American is a square jawed beauty, not a big nosed, big eared guy in sales.

by Anonymousreply 260November 14, 2019 2:47 AM

[quote]Evans is an Adonis? Really?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 261November 14, 2019 9:36 AM

Yeah, I call this an adonis. Many people do.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 262November 14, 2019 9:39 AM

Looking at r215's pic of Chris Evans' family, the blind item from a few years back must be true, that NBC's "This is Us" was based on their family.

by Anonymousreply 263November 14, 2019 9:42 AM

I really wish he'd been able to keep his chest hair when he played Cap, like he had in Fantastic Four

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 264November 14, 2019 9:49 AM

He looks much better in Fantastic Four than in the yellow wig as Captain America.

by Anonymousreply 265November 14, 2019 9:53 AM

How could the same parents produce two hot sons and then two Shreks?

by Anonymousreply 266November 14, 2019 9:54 AM

Ummmm I don’t get how DLers, as old as they are, don’t know how genetics and DNA work.

by Anonymousreply 267November 14, 2019 11:24 AM

R256 he looks so pasty because I think he stopped sunbathing. It ages you way faster. Look at some celebs who sunbathe a lot. They look 10 years older than they are. Sad. Either he noticed that himself or his managers told him to avoid the sun.

Some people here said that he is "hitting the wall" and he seems to do something to delay it which means avoiding things that age you faster.

Paul Rudd walking next to him looks the same age as Chris. However, Rudd is about 12 years older. Is it all genes or bad habits?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 268November 14, 2019 11:56 AM

R268 both. But genetics is the biggest factor in everything.

And most White people age poorly.

by Anonymousreply 269November 14, 2019 12:00 PM

[quote]Is it all genes or bad habits?

He smokes, drinks and does coke, so I'd say bad habits. He still looks great for hitting 40, though.

by Anonymousreply 270November 14, 2019 2:04 PM

One of the daughters is adopted R266.

by Anonymousreply 271November 14, 2019 2:22 PM

His sister with the dark hair isn't ugly at all, she's just fat. If she lost weight I bet she'd be gorgeous.

by Anonymousreply 272November 14, 2019 2:37 PM

He looked gorgeous at the Knives Out premiere

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 273November 15, 2019 10:02 PM

Who are all those people? That tie is 💩🤮

by Anonymousreply 274November 15, 2019 10:05 PM

R274 you’ve never heard of Don Johnson? Michael Shannon? Jamie Lee Curtis? Daniel Craig?

by Anonymousreply 275November 15, 2019 10:31 PM

R275 They’re probably a 13 year old fangirl who found the thread through google.

by Anonymousreply 276November 16, 2019 1:31 AM

Awww, look at the little gayling in that cast, in front of Michael Shannon in R273's photo! Doesn't even even look legal but already a prisspot.

by Anonymousreply 277November 16, 2019 1:40 AM

R277 That’s Jaeden what’s-his-name, the kid who played Bill in the IT: Chapter One. Not legal yet, but it’s hard to tell who’s gay with the IT cast, given all of them except the redneck Jeremy (who played Ben) ping like crazy.

by Anonymousreply 278November 16, 2019 1:55 AM

Jeremy really does come off like a red neck bigot

by Anonymousreply 279November 16, 2019 2:15 AM

R276 WHY would a 13-year old fangirl be looking up Chris Evans?

by Anonymousreply 280November 16, 2019 9:35 AM

Because he's Captain America. Theres a generation of girls and gaylings for whom Chris Evans will pobably be their first crush.

by Anonymousreply 281November 16, 2019 6:38 PM

R280 Because 90% of the MCU fanbase is teenage girls. The people that think it’s all older comic book nerd man-children have never scrolled through any MCU related hashtags on social media. The majority of the Marvel movie fandom is teenage girls who want to fuck RDJ and Chris Evans and all the other Marvel actors.

by Anonymousreply 282November 16, 2019 6:47 PM

I sure hope this was a troll [r282]you couldn’t be more wrong! Actually the biggest fan base is adult males 18-42. It’s not 90 but that’s the biggest demographic that seas marvel movies. I believe it’s note like 60%

by Anonymousreply 283November 18, 2019 4:46 AM

*more like 60%

by Anonymousreply 284November 18, 2019 4:47 AM

R283 Seriously? The adult males are the losers reading comics. The ones going to see Infinity War dozens of times and liking every picture Tom Holland posts to Instagram are all teenage girls.

by Anonymousreply 285November 18, 2019 4:56 AM

Avengers: End Game just set the record for the highest grossing movie of all time. These aren't niche films, you have people from every demographic group going to see them.

by Anonymousreply 286November 18, 2019 12:20 PM

If anything Aquaman was in DC was targeted to females. They were the ones seeing it over and over because of Mamoa. The movie screened the best with female audiences, and the studio knew that and did it intentionally. Marvel does not play to niches. It’s for all to enjoy.

by Anonymousreply 287November 18, 2019 2:14 PM

It’s easy to find demographics online. And yes, Aquaman attracted more women than men. Aquaman attracted 56% females, 44% males.

But that is not the same for Marvel films. The majority of Marvel films are men.

by Anonymousreply 288November 18, 2019 2:40 PM

[r288] 💯

by Anonymousreply 289November 19, 2019 12:56 AM

[quote][R283] Seriously? The adult males are the losers reading comics. The ones going to see Infinity War dozens of times and liking every picture Tom Holland posts to Instagram are all teenage girls.

NO no-no. Teenage girls may be liking Holland’s Instagram PHOTOS because he's closer to their age and looks it, but Evans is damn near 40. Thirteen-year-old girls ain't stalking Chris Evans' Instagram. That's all housewives and queens. The majority of MCU and DCU moviegoers are male.

by Anonymousreply 290November 19, 2019 12:18 PM

Chris Evans doesn’t even have an Instagram

by Anonymousreply 291November 19, 2019 3:31 PM

Were his coke habits documented? Why does everyone say it.

by Anonymousreply 292November 20, 2019 5:18 AM

Perhaps the overbearing co-dependent Italian Momma is why he's never been married or even in a long-term relationship at nearly 40.

by Anonymousreply 293November 20, 2019 5:51 AM

R293 you might be on to something.....

by Anonymousreply 294November 20, 2019 8:19 AM

Italian moms like his screw up their sons. Their sons walk on water in their minds.

by Anonymousreply 295December 17, 2019 9:22 PM

The first-born son especially.

by Anonymousreply 296December 17, 2019 9:24 PM

And then no woman ever is good enough because they don’t do everything mom does for them, like wipe their asses and feed them.

Plus mom never feels any woman is good enough for her boy.

by Anonymousreply 297December 17, 2019 9:26 PM

I've heard that Chris and his Momma share a hotel room when they travel together.

by Anonymousreply 298December 17, 2019 9:38 PM

Something about him rubs me the wrong way. He seems like a real asshole once the cameras are off.

by Anonymousreply 299December 17, 2019 11:00 PM

It's the other way around R299. He's got anxiety issues that make him a people pleaser. This is a guy who doesn't request more takes for fear of annoying the director. People pleaser to his core. That's probably why he isolates in Boston. Being afraid to disappoint people is exhausting.

by Anonymousreply 300December 19, 2019 12:59 PM

Chris Evans is an acceptable “older man” crush for 13 year olds.

by Anonymousreply 301December 20, 2019 8:57 AM

Most 13 year olds do not know he is almost 40. They think he is younger. He is made to look younger by Marvel.

by Anonymousreply 302December 29, 2019 2:57 PM

Eichner is one of the ugliest men to ever cunt on the planet. I fucking hate him. Being near him is like eating a shit sandwich.

by Anonymousreply 303December 29, 2019 3:03 PM

Eichner revels in being an asshole. I'm surprised people put up with his shit,

by Anonymousreply 304December 29, 2019 3:21 PM

He definitely stutters. I can tell he's worked on it (like me), but I assume it was bad as a kid. He's most likely not really socially anxious, just afraid of his stammer. And for many actors, the scripted natures seems to take away the stutter. I have no actual social anxiety. I love people. But I hate stuttering, so I sometimes shy away from things I'd otherwise like to do.

He seems like a good guy though.

by Anonymousreply 305December 29, 2019 3:54 PM

Scott looking just like Chris in his latest IG story... with his new beard.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 306December 29, 2019 6:57 PM

I don’t find Scott handsome at all. I just don’t see it.

by Anonymousreply 307December 29, 2019 7:08 PM

Agreed. Scott isn’t hot, y’all.

by Anonymousreply 308December 29, 2019 10:33 PM

Just saw Knives Out and omg Chris Evans in that movie is masturbatory material for at least a few weeks. He may be like an eager to please golden retriever in real life but my God does he bring BDE to the screen. Fully clothed and no romantic plot line but still BDE every time he's on screen. Also NOBODY wears a sweater like him.

by Anonymousreply 309December 30, 2019 2:57 AM

Rumor is Chris is hung like a horse. So the BDE is very real.

by Anonymousreply 310December 30, 2019 2:58 AM

sure, Jan

by Anonymousreply 311December 30, 2019 3:00 AM

He's almost 40. No girlfriend or wife, just a dog.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 312December 30, 2019 4:45 AM

How can a guy that fucking hot and that fucking rich still be single at almost 40? He's never even had a long-term relationship. Weird.

by Anonymousreply 313December 30, 2019 5:14 AM

R313 He's an asshole and doesn't have the class to back it up. If you're rich and hot and somewhat classy yet an asshole women don't care, but if you're only rich and hot yet you have the lifestyle and personality of Bostonian garbage, women tend to get fed up more quickly.

by Anonymousreply 314December 30, 2019 5:28 AM

R299 Agreed. It all seems like an act. When was the last time a celebrity who put on the anxious-sweet-shy-boy-next-door mask was actually that and not just a jerk putting on airs.

by Anonymousreply 315December 30, 2019 5:32 AM

Come on. Chris craves the cock. Jury like his brother. In fact, they've craved each other's cocks more then once.

Chris is nervous because he's imagining spreading his cheeks for Billy's mediocre penis. That's all.

by Anonymousreply 316December 30, 2019 5:33 AM

R80

Yes, he likes the pole and the hole. But more the pole than the hole. Even his bro's hole. And pole. Nothing quite like keeping the gay I'm the family.

by Anonymousreply 317December 30, 2019 5:39 AM

The thought of the Evans brothers knocking their cocks together is quite titillating.

by Anonymousreply 318December 30, 2019 6:44 AM

He’s hetero. Enough with gays playing make believe.

by Anonymousreply 319December 30, 2019 1:04 PM

Didn't he date Mikna Kelly for a few years?

by Anonymousreply 320December 30, 2019 1:57 PM

He dated Minka Kelly for years and Jessica Biel for a few years.

by Anonymousreply 321December 30, 2019 3:07 PM

He’s just screwed up by his mom. No woman will ever be good enough.

by Anonymousreply 322December 30, 2019 8:08 PM

I really don't understand what the big deal is with the Knives Out sweater. Anybody?

by Anonymousreply 323December 30, 2019 8:17 PM

I used to make out with his brother. haha. His brother is a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 324December 30, 2019 8:24 PM

He also dated that plain woman from that one TV show.

by Anonymousreply 325December 30, 2019 8:25 PM

He’s a party boy.

by Anonymousreply 326December 30, 2019 8:35 PM

Jenny Slate R325? Who later 'dated' Jon Hamm.

by Anonymousreply 327December 30, 2019 11:09 PM

His mom treats him like a King

by Anonymousreply 328December 30, 2019 11:31 PM

Details r324.

by Anonymousreply 329December 31, 2019 12:24 AM

R329 he is lying 🙄

by Anonymousreply 330December 31, 2019 12:27 AM

DLers lie more than anyone I have ever met.

by Anonymousreply 331January 3, 2020 5:50 PM

Who is this guy with Chris Evans?

Better shots if you click the link?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 332January 6, 2020 12:35 PM

His brother probably had his biggest role yet in that Hulu gay themed horror film.

by Anonymousreply 333April 19, 2020 10:56 AM

I am curious too, R332. Here he is with Chris in photos from the after party apparently.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 334May 5, 2020 1:34 AM

And here

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 335May 5, 2020 1:41 AM

He is seriously so very sexy

by Anonymousreply 336May 5, 2020 1:50 AM

R334, maybe he's a minder. I read, maybe about Chris even, that the studios hire them to make sure they get where they need to go, that they don't over indulge, that they don't go home with randoms. The guy with him seems like he could be one or maybe a publicist.

by Anonymousreply 337May 5, 2020 2:52 AM

R337 or to make sure Chris doesn't overdo it with the coke.

by Anonymousreply 338May 5, 2020 6:04 AM

I thought of that, R337, but would he be sitting next to him at the table (at R332)? Maybe that is the norm for the Golden Globes and I just never paid close attention.

by Anonymousreply 339May 5, 2020 9:10 AM

Mystery solved!! I did a little Twitter digging. It's Adam Lavorgna and he looked smitten, haha

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 340May 5, 2020 7:52 PM

Hanging out...apparently on the way to a NYE party (I can't seem to link the FB post, but here is the photo)

by Anonymousreply 341May 5, 2020 8:00 PM

Trying this again

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 342May 5, 2020 8:02 PM

And where I found this...and where some were speculating at the time

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 343May 5, 2020 8:03 PM

Quite the detective skills. Who is he, an actor?

by Anonymousreply 344May 5, 2020 11:53 PM

Haha, thanks, R344! Yes, and apparently both he and Chris dated Jessica Biel at some point and they have been friends for years.

by Anonymousreply 345May 6, 2020 12:07 AM

R343’s tweet has been deleted. Hmmm.

Sometimes when people are paired with a hyper personality like Billy Eichner, they sit back and let the dominant personality take over. That’s what I do. And around a quieter person, they pipe up more.

by Anonymousreply 346May 6, 2020 12:36 AM

It's still there for me, R346.

by Anonymousreply 347May 6, 2020 1:01 AM

Or do you mean the photo, R346? Because I'm guessing it's one of those linked above.

by Anonymousreply 348May 6, 2020 1:04 AM

R344 he was on 7th Heaven and played Jessica's boyfriend, Robbie.

by Anonymousreply 349May 6, 2020 1:40 AM

Spotted on a date this month with Lily James

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 350July 28, 2020 10:01 AM

I think I’ve solved it. He’s autism spectrum. I’m basing this on this interview where he says his nephew is just like him. ASD are highly hereditary.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 351September 19, 2020 1:41 AM

Aspergers

by Anonymousreply 352September 19, 2020 1:46 AM

He ruined his face with all the Botox and chemical peels. It looks freaky now, like a doll's.

by Anonymousreply 353September 19, 2020 1:52 AM

That's more of a result of having no visible bone structure in his face, just pleasant arrangements of muscle and fat.

by Anonymousreply 354September 19, 2020 1:41 PM

Wow he really gets hammered to do these things to conquer his nerves. Anthony Mackie and the flack in the background look terrified.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 355September 19, 2020 3:58 PM

And now, Chris Evans for Vitameatavegamin.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 356September 19, 2020 4:07 PM

I have an odd obsession with him.

by Anonymousreply 357September 19, 2020 4:14 PM

You can pretty much see his bald head in this photo

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 358September 19, 2020 4:55 PM

I think he has mentioned he used to rely on some type of drugs/ drinking (weed head or maybe even coke) to help with his anxiety. He’s did an interview a few years back saying he cleaned up if I recall. Not saying he had a problem but I think he mentioned it, how he would be waisted or high in some interviews. This was deaf while he was playing cap as well.

by Anonymousreply 359September 20, 2020 12:06 PM

(R357) yea I never noticed till now he is balding prematurely rapidly. He hides it well though. He has the money to get it fixed though. Maybe he doesn’t want to. I think this is why he just shaved his head most of the time I started of styling it now.

by Anonymousreply 360September 20, 2020 12:08 PM

He’s openly stated he’s losing his hair years ago.

by Anonymousreply 361September 20, 2020 1:20 PM

He likes the mens, doesn’t he.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 362September 20, 2020 10:09 PM

OMG how hammered was he at this event?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 363September 23, 2020 3:03 PM

So was the gay brother brought onstage with him to ease his nerves? The brother is naturally very poised and charismatic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 364September 26, 2020 11:04 PM

[Quote] I think he has mentioned he used to rely on some type of drugs/ drinking (weed head or maybe even coke) to help with his anxiety.

Did he call it a social lubricant?

by Anonymousreply 365September 26, 2020 11:12 PM

(R364) I believe it was just to play this game. He’s been on that show solo plenty of times.

by Anonymousreply 366September 27, 2020 12:05 PM

TEH ASPERGERS!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 367February 14, 2021 11:12 AM

It must be incredibly weird to be a famous actor in movies or on tv. Everyone knows you but you don’t know them. They see you on screen, sometimes saying or doing very personal, intimate things, and feel this connection to you. But you have not a clue who the fuck these people are, and the “you” they think they know is an illusion.

I can see how that screws so many people up, and makes others like Evans feel very awkward and self-conscious.

by Anonymousreply 368February 14, 2021 11:18 AM

How much head has Eichner had to give to get gigs? Unfunny and ugly as hell.

by Anonymousreply 369February 14, 2021 11:22 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!