Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Flea from Red Hot Chili Peppers - "I've Had Gay Sex, But I'm Not Gay"

In conversation, Flea revealed that he had gay experiences of his own growing up, episodes he wrote about at length in an early version of the book. But, he wound up taking all that out. “I didn’t want it to be sensationalized,” he explained. “To me, it wasn’t a big deal. I was experimenting and it turns out, ‘hey, I’m not gay’. So, it’s not really my story.”

by Anonymousreply 191February 22, 2020 8:29 PM

Would you have sex with this?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1November 5, 2019 11:37 PM

If those 2 weren't fucking, what a waste.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2November 5, 2019 11:42 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3November 5, 2019 11:42 PM

R1 - yes I absolutely would fuck that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4November 5, 2019 11:44 PM

He seemed into it when I fucked him in the East Village in the early 90s. I'm not a fan of the band and didn't keep up with his career and was shocked when this book came out and it turns out he's not an out gay. I was sure he was out. And a lot of gays in the East Village thought that, too.

by Anonymousreply 5November 5, 2019 11:45 PM

he is an incredible musician.

by Anonymousreply 6November 5, 2019 11:46 PM

Remember the socks-on-dicks photo?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7November 5, 2019 11:48 PM

“To me, it wasn’t a big deal. I was experimenting and it turns out, ‘hey, I’m not gay’. So, it’s not really my story.”

I wish more stars would take this approach

by Anonymousreply 8November 6, 2019 12:00 AM

Isn't he the one who gave River Phoenix his deadly cocktail that night?

by Anonymousreply 9November 6, 2019 12:09 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10November 6, 2019 12:12 AM

No that was John Frusciante, Flea and River were quite close though.

by Anonymousreply 11November 6, 2019 12:17 AM

Dear baby jesus, please let there be a recording or 8275 of him having sex with these guys. He could release them and donate the profits to charity. World hunger would be eradicated within 6 hours.

by Anonymousreply 12November 6, 2019 12:35 AM

Is that Beto at R7?

by Anonymousreply 13November 6, 2019 12:43 AM

RHCP was the tightest-bodied band known to man.

by Anonymousreply 14November 6, 2019 1:00 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15November 6, 2019 1:02 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16November 6, 2019 1:05 AM

Seemed like Flea was always gay for Anthony and River.

by Anonymousreply 17November 6, 2019 1:07 AM

I’m looking forward to reading his book.

by Anonymousreply 18November 6, 2019 1:08 AM

I bet he did not mention Keanu once in his book. I know he loved River. I don't think any of those guys can stand Reeves.

by Anonymousreply 19November 6, 2019 1:13 AM

I loved Anthony Kiedis’ book Scar Tissue. It’s a must read.

They were all out-doorsy, healthy eating Cali jocks. He said that Flea suspected Anthony was using when he looked into his car and saw empty chocolate and chips packets. He didn’t really eat junk otherwise. Hence the tight bodies.

I think John Frusciante was anti-drugs at the point Kurt and River died and started om them la bit later. The night River died, earlier on Joaquin Phoenix talked to Anthony, scamming models at the Viper Room.

by Anonymousreply 20November 6, 2019 1:21 AM

Well my one brush with fame was a party in Carmel CA. Flea was sucking two different guys dicks at a beautiful house overlooking the ocean. Guy throwing the party was a producer or some such big shot Hollywood guy. I was told a few of the other guests were big wigs in Hollywood (behind the camera) but I wouldn’t know. But I do know when I see a dude sucking dicks!

by Anonymousreply 21November 6, 2019 1:27 AM

what a hot thirsty whore

by Anonymousreply 22November 6, 2019 1:30 AM

John and River would shoot up together and Reeves was a huge junkie himself, just like his Dad. I actually felt bad for Anthony when I read Scar tissue.

by Anonymousreply 23November 6, 2019 1:41 AM

Keanu has DTs.

by Anonymousreply 24November 6, 2019 1:59 AM

What R12 said.

Flea, if you are reading this, do it for humanity, and by humanity I mean do it for us.

by Anonymousreply 25November 6, 2019 2:05 AM

This thread is making me horny as hell!

Flea has been my pocket gay crush since forever. Why did no one tell me I actually had a chance with him? I have to go jack off now. I’ll be back in a bit.

by Anonymousreply 26November 6, 2019 2:14 AM

You just needed to be at The Bar in the early 90s. He was fairly easy to pick up. All you had to do was ask nicely.

by Anonymousreply 27November 6, 2019 2:18 AM

"I've had gay sex but I'm not gay." This statement is beyond stupidity as well as reeking of homophobia.

by Anonymousreply 28November 6, 2019 2:24 AM

It certainly was pickup central! Or you could be a total slut and head for the Bijou.

by Anonymousreply 29November 6, 2019 2:24 AM

Spill EVERYTHING r27! No detail too small!

My husband always thought the rumors were bullshit, so I am enjoying this even more than I normally would--if that was even possible.

I am going to attempt to wangle an "I told you so" blowjob out of this. Like that ever works, but hey...

by Anonymousreply 30November 6, 2019 2:26 AM

He's only 5 feet, six inches tall. Yup, a pocket gay.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31November 6, 2019 2:28 AM

Who knew that Flea was a pass around bottom?

by Anonymousreply 32November 6, 2019 2:30 AM

A lot of the guys I've fucked over the years either were or got married to women they loved and had kids. They never thought of themselves as gay and I never felt it necessary to insist.

by Anonymousreply 33November 6, 2019 2:36 AM

thanks for letting us know R33

by Anonymousreply 34November 6, 2019 2:40 AM

Sorry. That was for r28.

by Anonymousreply 35November 6, 2019 2:43 AM

Very interesting! He’s definitely gay.

by Anonymousreply 36November 6, 2019 2:48 AM

I thought it was common knowledge that Flea used to turn tricks for survival money during his late teen years. Growing up around connected people in Los Angeles, it's something I heard a few times.

by Anonymousreply 37November 6, 2019 2:53 AM

I sincerely thought he was totally out all these years. I guess that just proves how culturally clueless I am.

by Anonymousreply 38November 6, 2019 2:59 AM

More guys should be like this.

by Anonymousreply 39November 6, 2019 3:03 AM

I saw him in LA - a restaurant on La Brea - with his baby daughter. He was such a loving father. I saw him in Big Sur with a woman I presume was his wife. Seemed tender and loving to her, too. Whatever he claims, in terms of orientation, I think he's always been a kind and decent human.

by Anonymousreply 40November 6, 2019 3:07 AM

[quote] I sincerely thought he was totally out all these years. I guess that just proves how culturally clueless I am.

Maybe he was out all those years and, now, went back in.

by Anonymousreply 41November 6, 2019 3:09 AM

“Who knew that Flea was a pass around bottom?“

I’d work that booty; and I wouldn’t hurt a Flea.

by Anonymousreply 42November 6, 2019 3:15 AM

r41 To be clear, he was a one night stand trick. He told me he was in a rock band which meant nothing to me. He said his name was Flea. We didn't have a deep existential conversation. I didn't ask and he didn't offer his feelings about his orientation. He was just this chill, sexy guy who I had fun with for one night years ago when we were both young.

by Anonymousreply 43November 6, 2019 3:20 AM

I met him about a decade ago. He was very generous and played at a benefit I organized. He was high as a kite though and was sort of pacing around the green room, muttering and making non-sequiturs while mindlessly running the scales on his bass so fast you could barely see his fingers. He was the grand finale of the benefit and did not disappoint

I found out later that he was going through a divorce at the time, from his second wife, the mother of his younger daughter Sonny Bebop. He subsequently had to sell all the homes he had as part of the divorce, including a home in Malibu and one in Los Feliz. A friend of mine bought one of them.

He recently got remarried a third time, and she is is drop-dead gorgeous.

I have also heard from many people that he has always be a very attentive. loving, proud father to his two girls.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44November 6, 2019 3:28 AM

When I lived in Los Feliz years ago you would see him driving around in his old Mercedes painted like the Partridge family bus.

by Anonymousreply 45November 6, 2019 3:31 AM

Sometimes for those who have been molested -- or simply those who may have had early same-sex experimentation that was tittilating and exciting-- there can be two separate sexual selves. One self that needs dirty, erotic gratification and another self where love and companionship is sought and expressed.

by Anonymousreply 46November 6, 2019 3:35 AM

He also plays music, but it's not music.

by Anonymousreply 47November 6, 2019 3:38 AM

Blood Sugar Sex Magic, etc., were a huge part of my life in the 90s. I'm gonna read Anthony Kiedis's book.

by Anonymousreply 48November 6, 2019 3:38 AM

So let me get this straight, just another bisexual erasing their bisexuality?

by Anonymousreply 49November 6, 2019 3:43 AM

Fuck off, r49. If you want to define your orientation, fine, but allow others the dignity to define theirs for themselves. You SJWs can be so tiresome.

by Anonymousreply 50November 6, 2019 3:48 AM

Honest to shit — this thread feels like DL of yore. Please continue sharing, it is quite lovely.

by Anonymousreply 51November 6, 2019 4:03 AM

R49 is quite correct. Running back into the closet...……...

by Anonymousreply 52November 6, 2019 4:07 AM

r49, r52 I hope you people know no one likes you.

by Anonymousreply 53November 6, 2019 4:09 AM

R50 He doesn't need to announce he's bisexual to the world but to deny it when he's clearly bi? Pathetic. And their persistence that gays are responsible for bi-erasure is nauseating. They do it to themselves.

Do fuck off, sir.

by Anonymousreply 54November 6, 2019 4:12 AM

R53 Take your meds and go to bed - it's time.

by Anonymousreply 55November 6, 2019 4:12 AM

Seems spineless to deny it. He's a rockstar. Who cares if he confirms being bi. The wives don't know? Sounds like he's bi when high and loves to get nailed by cock. Pretty standard M.O.

by Anonymousreply 56November 6, 2019 4:14 AM

R54 nailed it. David Bowie was another rock star that ran back into the closet mid-life and stayed there. Sad.

by Anonymousreply 57November 6, 2019 4:15 AM

So fucking hot.

Oh, to have been a flea on those walls!

Sorry, I had to, get the hook.

by Anonymousreply 58November 6, 2019 4:17 AM

Maybe these guys just don't like the gays and don't want to be associated with them. Can't say I blame them.

by Anonymousreply 59November 6, 2019 4:17 AM

R59 Would you please jump off a cliff into the cold sea, where you belong, dead. What is this shit! We don't need trolls like you on DL.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60November 6, 2019 4:20 AM

I’m glad that he at least owned up to experimenting where other stars just deny deny deny. It’s a step in the right direction I hope.

by Anonymousreply 61November 6, 2019 4:21 AM

r60 So now you feel entitled to speak for all of DL. I think that's rather the issue, no?

by Anonymousreply 62November 6, 2019 4:24 AM

[QUOTE] I’m glad that he at least owned up to experimenting where other stars just deny deny deny. It’s a step in the right direction I hope.

So many “straight“ entertainers can say the same. Charlie Hunnam had to have fucked around with guys when he was younger.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63November 6, 2019 4:27 AM

[quote] I’m glad that he at least owned up to experimenting where other stars just deny deny deny. It’s a step in the right direction I hope.

If you vehemently deny, people will come out of the woodwork to tell their stories: one magic night with Flea (according to posters above).

by Anonymousreply 64November 6, 2019 4:30 AM

[quote]“To me, it wasn’t a big deal. I was experimenting and it turns out, ‘hey, I’m not gay’. So, it’s not really my story.” / I wish more stars would take this approach

Take this approach to what? Sounding like a vaguely homophobic idiot? What a stupid thing to wish for.

by Anonymousreply 65November 6, 2019 4:39 AM

Didn't he kill River Phoenix?!

by Anonymousreply 66November 6, 2019 4:40 AM

[quote] I bet he did not mention Keanu once in his book. I know he loved River. I don't think any of those guys can stand Reeves.

Who doesn’t like Keanu and why? He seems innocuous.

by Anonymousreply 67November 6, 2019 4:42 AM

Why is there so much argument about this/him? I sometimes had sex with women when I was young, (wave to the dinosaurs) but that was a fucking lifetime ago. The idea wouldn't even cross my mind now. I don't think of myself as "Bi" to be sure. I don't know what the most recent labeling rules are--there certainly seem to be a LOT of them--and I don't fucking care.

by Anonymousreply 68November 6, 2019 4:56 AM

You are bi. You touched pussy.

by Anonymousreply 69November 6, 2019 8:26 AM

r68 According to trans rules, you can label yourself any way you like. Don't let these pushy Patsys tell you what you are. Fuck them.

by Anonymousreply 70November 6, 2019 8:55 AM

It's all on a continuum.

by Anonymousreply 71November 6, 2019 10:21 AM

I'm not gay, bitches!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72November 6, 2019 10:38 AM

Flea and River were in My Own Private Idaho. They became good friends and they very likely did hook up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73November 6, 2019 10:44 AM

Robert Sheehan of Misfits/Umbrella Academy said the same thing. Happy to admit he has hooked up with guys, but says that's how he knows it isn't for him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74November 6, 2019 10:50 AM

R20 John wasn't anti-drugs at all in the early 90's. He was a MASSIVE addict! He was already out of the band in 1992 and didn't do Lollapalooza! Watch the documentary Johnny Depp did of him, he talked about being obsessed with Cocaine and Heroin as a teen because he was a fan of David Bowie. He looked awful in that documentary and even says that River would have wanted to die. Anthony was the anti-drug one after Hillel (their last guitar player) overdosed and passed away. He ended up kicking John out. Now John is cleaned up and anti-drugs but definitely not back then.

by Anonymousreply 75November 6, 2019 11:08 AM

We're not gay, we're just 2 straight guys having sex with each other!

by Anonymousreply 76November 6, 2019 1:56 PM

Picking up tricks at The Bar isn't "experimentation". Next.

by Anonymousreply 77November 6, 2019 2:04 PM

Everyone wants the sex, but nobody wants the word "gay."

by Anonymousreply 78November 6, 2019 2:22 PM

It is quite possible to come out, then go back in.

by Anonymousreply 79November 6, 2019 2:31 PM

R43 was Flea into kissing or was he one of those guys who did everything but kiss?

by Anonymousreply 80November 6, 2019 3:43 PM

He had some homosex. Gay is an identity.

Nice to know his mouth has known penis.

by Anonymousreply 81November 6, 2019 3:46 PM

So he’s like Rupert Graves. Had gay sex, but isn’t ultimately gay.

If anyone has the freedom to experiment it will be musicians and actors.

by Anonymousreply 82November 6, 2019 3:47 PM

[quote]He had some homosex. Gay is an identity.

An identity that nobody seems to want anymore.

by Anonymousreply 83November 6, 2019 3:50 PM

I marched in the 70s; I'm gay r83.

by Anonymousreply 84November 6, 2019 3:54 PM

Honestly r78....”gay” is losing its currency. Even to a Gen Xer like me. I don’t want to be associated with guys who describe themselves as gay, with all their stereotypical traits. I lust for dick, butt and loads, but you’ll never find me appreciating drag queens, pop divas, drama, brunch, fag hags, fashion, old movies, any gay “celebrities”, etc.

I’m into men’s bodies. But “gay culture” doesn’t interest me. I can see why Flea, a bassist in a highly successful punk band, and totally divorced from gay culture in his daily life, would not think of himself as “gay”, even though he’s into men’s bodies.

by Anonymousreply 85November 6, 2019 3:55 PM

So what do you "identify" as, R85?

by Anonymousreply 86November 6, 2019 4:00 PM

A trans man, who is more man than you’ll ever be r86

by Anonymousreply 87November 6, 2019 4:05 PM

Worked with him briefly. Seemed like a tatted up Ward Cleaver who doted on his precocious little girls. A serious musician and real pro. We never rimmed but, again, we were at work.

by Anonymousreply 88November 6, 2019 4:05 PM

[quote]you’ll never find me appreciating drag queens, pop divas, drama, brunch, fag hags, fashion, old movies

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89November 6, 2019 4:05 PM

You're a joke with no dick, r87.

by Anonymousreply 90November 6, 2019 4:08 PM

[quote]A trans man, who is more man than you’ll ever be

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91November 6, 2019 4:09 PM

I totally get what R85 is saying. I don't like pussy but there is a lot of unnecessary DRAMA with a lot of gay men. Somedays it would just be easier to marry a woman to have some nice, drama-free companionship for my golden years.

This is not an attack on effeminate men or the "gay" lifestyle or whatever you want to call it, just my dislike of cattiness and drama.

Ok, now go ahead and attack me too....

by Anonymousreply 92November 6, 2019 4:17 PM

Well I hope you find the woman of your dreams, R92.

by Anonymousreply 93November 6, 2019 4:19 PM

R92 women are hysterical drama laden cunts who do not have a cock.

You might want to rethink your plan.

by Anonymousreply 94November 6, 2019 4:20 PM

Let's get back to Flea, shall we?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95November 6, 2019 4:48 PM

Good call r95

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96November 6, 2019 4:52 PM

Fun factoid: Flea played bass in "You Oughta Know" (Alanis Morrisette).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97November 6, 2019 4:53 PM

Flea was hot back in the day, for sure.

by Anonymousreply 98November 6, 2019 4:56 PM

...rise up with Flea.

by Anonymousreply 99November 6, 2019 5:02 PM

Always amazing how much support the Suck One Cock And You Are Gay Forever™ rule has from DLers.

by Anonymousreply 100November 6, 2019 5:09 PM

Only the hot guys r100

by Anonymousreply 101November 6, 2019 5:16 PM

For some gay is still a loaded word (just like some need to crawl into their safe space when they hear the word queer). And just look at some of the posters who mix up gay, the sexual identity, with gay culture like you can't have one without the other. Like the sexual identity is bad because it comes with such a bad and sordid culture. Like those anal douches make you smell so clean and macho, and so not a gay culture stereotype, while you get someone's dick up your ass. Gay bitch, please.

by Anonymousreply 102November 6, 2019 5:24 PM

Oh, brother. "I'm into mens bodies and identify as a transman." "Oh, I certainly don't want anything to do with perverted gay culture though I don't like pussy!" "Gay culture. So passé, and distasteful! Don't define me! But your culture = my stereotypical definition!"

Where have all these trolls on DL arrived from?

by Anonymousreply 103November 6, 2019 5:30 PM

R103 is an effeminate 79 year old gay guy from Iowa.

by Anonymousreply 104November 6, 2019 5:41 PM

Baby Red Hot Chili Peppers

I would fuck every one of them

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105November 6, 2019 5:49 PM

Flea and River

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106November 6, 2019 5:50 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107November 6, 2019 5:51 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108November 6, 2019 5:53 PM

There is an awful lot of drama between straight men too. It's not as showy, but it's there.

by Anonymousreply 109November 6, 2019 5:58 PM

Is Flea their in-house exhibitionist?

by Anonymousreply 110November 6, 2019 6:02 PM

I love having sex with men. I love gay porn. But I have no desire for romance. I don't feel comfortable in a gay bar. To me being "gay" is not about sex. Sex is just a physical release. Being gay means you desire to fall in love with a man, and share your life with him.

I don't really understand the anger toward Bi-men. Being Bi doesn't mean you can't be monogamous. Someone who cheats is a cheater, regardless of their sexual identity.

by Anonymousreply 111November 6, 2019 6:16 PM

🙄^.

by Anonymousreply 112November 6, 2019 6:23 PM

R111 being gay is absolutely about sex, what the hell are you talking about. you have some issues

by Anonymousreply 113November 6, 2019 6:38 PM

R13, that's Hillel Slovak. He was the original guitarist and Anthony and Flea's best friend. He OD'd early on in their career. Frusciante was a huge fan of his and then replaced him. Frusciante was gorgeous when he joined and was like this frat boy rocker, what became of him was really shocking. Glad he got clean and lived to tell about it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114November 6, 2019 6:49 PM

r113 HEY DUMB FUCK! CAN YOU READ??? THAT'S FROM MY PERSPECTIVE!!! MY OPINION!!! GO FUCK YOURSELF YOU STUPID CUNT!!!

by Anonymousreply 115November 6, 2019 7:18 PM

His cock is quite lovely.

by Anonymousreply 116November 6, 2019 7:56 PM

River thought so too

by Anonymousreply 117November 6, 2019 8:00 PM

[quote] I love having sex with men. I love gay porn. But I have no desire for romance. I don't feel comfortable in a gay bar. To me being "gay" is not about sex. Sex is just a physical release. Being gay means you desire to fall in love with a man, and share your life with him.

Well, then you'd be wrong about what being gay is. Yes, even to yourself.

by Anonymousreply 118November 6, 2019 8:06 PM

Kiedis has always been my rock star crush.

Hopefully stories about him will come out too.

by Anonymousreply 119November 6, 2019 8:11 PM

Flea has a nice unit...wish he'd done porn in his youth.

by Anonymousreply 120November 6, 2019 8:14 PM

R119 My female friend fucked Anthony Kiedis in the early 1990s. He didn’t remember her name when he came in town the next time. “Uh....Judy?”

by Anonymousreply 121November 6, 2019 8:19 PM

I'm the guy who picked up Flea at The Bar in the early 90s. I don't have a distinct memory of kissing but I expect we did as I insisted on kissing anyone I was having sex with. I couldn't get hard without it. I don't really remember the sex and only remembered him because I asked around after and found out he was famous. This was about the time that I started hooking up with Steven Sprouse who had a very similar vibe. He, I remember.

And even though I haven't had sex with a woman since my 27th birthday, I don't call myself gay, either. If it's for a form or something, I say I'm bi. I only have a few close friends and half are gay and the rest are straight. I've never been that comfortable in large groups of gays. I don't get and couldn't tell you what gay culture is. I appreciate drag as an performance but I'm uncomfortable talking to drag performers when they are in costume. I don't know what to say to them.

I know a couple for m2f trans friends with whom I'm quite fond but they aren't part of the "cause". They are older and just want to live their lives.

by Anonymousreply 122November 6, 2019 8:49 PM

And what more salacious details did she provide you with R121?

And did you use a condom with Flea R122?

by Anonymousreply 123November 6, 2019 9:01 PM

Good on him. Nothing wrong with people experimenting, or sucking the occasional cock... even IF one isn't gay. I've known many people who eat vegetables and vegetarian meals who aren't vegetarians. I respect people who are so open, as I think it helps to erase the stigma of gay sex. Sadly, in the polarised world we live in, if you suck one cock...

by Anonymousreply 124November 6, 2019 9:10 PM

Good for him.

At least he is honest about it, unlike many.

by Anonymousreply 125November 6, 2019 9:11 PM

Yes, we wore condoms but just for anal. There aren't any confirmed cases of transmission through oral sex.

by Anonymousreply 126November 6, 2019 9:25 PM

So you flipped, R125?

by Anonymousreply 127November 6, 2019 9:27 PM

I don't want to get over my skis because I honestly don't remember. My rule was condoms with guys who were negative and bareback with guys who were positive. That was pretty much everyone's rule.

by Anonymousreply 128November 6, 2019 9:38 PM

Whore

by Anonymousreply 129November 6, 2019 9:41 PM

Hero 👊🏽

by Anonymousreply 130November 6, 2019 9:43 PM

Ya think?

by Anonymousreply 131November 6, 2019 9:43 PM

Do you mean me, r30? I'm not a hero. Not at all.

by Anonymousreply 132November 6, 2019 9:45 PM

Back in the 00's they told Jay Leno they used to suck each other off when there were no girls to give them a blow job.

This is nothing new.

by Anonymousreply 133November 6, 2019 9:46 PM

Thus so fucking hot, R33.

by Anonymousreply 134November 6, 2019 9:51 PM

[quote] bareback with guys who were positive.

For real???? I thought people didn't have sex with poz guys at all back then because death.

by Anonymousreply 135November 6, 2019 10:30 PM

R135 I'm gonna assume you're a troll.

by Anonymousreply 136November 6, 2019 10:33 PM

[R63], Wow. I've had a thing for Hunnam since before SOA, and I have to say he's much hotter older than in that pic. Way, way.

As for RHCP, I've had a sexual draw toward Kiedis for the last 15 years (and this hasn't been his prettiest- faced 15 years, but the draw is the draw). What Flea describes sounds totally reasonable to me. He had fun, he/they had a pragmatic attitude about getting off, he's fine with the world knowing he's fooled around with boys and girls, but it's possible to do that and not have stereotypically romantic feelings towards more than one sex.

Couple people have injected, saying he's in the closet or phobic - but I'd lay money on his saying "that's not my story" as n intention to acknowledge he hasn't had to shove his way through the world, or the rock world, as a gay man, hasn't felt any threatens or discomfort owing to who he fucked, etc. Sounds like a really healthy and thoughtful pov.

by Anonymousreply 137November 6, 2019 11:23 PM

No R136

But it seems to be the conventional wisdom that poz guys were considered pariahs in the 90s because AIDS was still pretty much a death sentence back then.

Any Eldergays want to weigh in on whether that was actually a thing--that you barebacked poz guys in the 90s?

by Anonymousreply 138November 6, 2019 11:31 PM

r138 No. That is completely wrong. At least in major cities. By the 90s, we had enough information to make informed decisions about our behavior. There was also a certain nihilism. I will speak for me. I had 2 long term relationships during that time. Neither was monogamous. The first was seroconcordant. The second was serodiscordant. Both are still alive and their status hasn't changed. I lead with my status so if that was a problem, it was dealt with in the beginning. Honestly, it didn't start being a problem until around 2000 when certain guys seemed to just stop educating themselves. But there were enough pos guys that I never wanted for sex. I never, not once, felt like a pariah.

by Anonymousreply 139November 6, 2019 11:45 PM

Another call for more details, no matter how minor, from any lucky fucker here who had an encounter with this morsel of hotness. If I was one of the lucky, I'd spew out every last detail, but then I'd probably be accused of lying, which...fair point. The encounters told briefly seem more believable. That said, go for it. Moaner or quiet? Spurter or dribbler? Innie or outie? Ok, that last one I can see for myself, but you get the point.

I'm bored and horny. Throw my boner a bone.

by Anonymousreply 140November 7, 2019 12:36 AM

Boring, Flea. Every guy has gay sex one time or another. Even my no good lameass son BILL. And that's the truth from Ruth.

by Anonymousreply 141November 7, 2019 1:04 AM

R124

[quote] respect people who are so open, as I think it helps to erase the stigma of gay sex. Sadly, in the polarised world we live in, if you suck one cock...

The one cock rule!

I love Flea. I read the Kindle sample and will borrow it from the library at some point. He’s a good writer and paints a vivid picture of 1960s Australia.

by Anonymousreply 142November 7, 2019 1:05 AM

I think most gay men don't live in a "gay subculture", albeit the very definition of that is suspect. I remember at work once a colleague found out I was gay, and responded with enthusiasm "Oh, I love old movies." I have lived with a woman, romantically, and had satisfying sex with her. I don't identify as bi... I am married to a man, with him 24 years. I identify as gay but "gay subculture" details are fun, not threatening, but constitute very little of my life. I prefer football to drag shows. I prefer symphonies to opera. I prefer simple vegan to haute cuisine. I prefer backpacking to theater. I do coordinate my socks with my shirt... so.... But it's all silly, isn't it? I touched a vagina with passion and love... and I am clearly, clearly "gay." I appreciate Flea's honesty... and as far as "gay subculture", the RHCP boys went to Fairfax High School and grew up in West Hollywood, wot?

by Anonymousreply 143November 7, 2019 1:13 AM

If you suck one cock for less than 5 seconds, does it still make you a cocksucker?

by Anonymousreply 144November 7, 2019 1:13 AM

Stewie says it best

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 145November 7, 2019 1:14 AM

[quote] There aren't any confirmed cases of transmission through oral sex.

But, but...

by Anonymousreply 146November 7, 2019 2:25 AM

As a woman, I am going to say this. You men can gladly have this one.

by Anonymousreply 147November 7, 2019 2:27 AM

The RHCP always experimented with homoeroticism, individually and as a group. Back in the late 1980s/early 1990s, homophobic MTV wouldn't acknowledge such antics. It was only later, after the rise of alternative rock (which RHCP was into very early, being influenced by eclectic music), that people paid attention to how gay they were (as gay as a bunch of pussyhounds can be, anyway).

by Anonymousreply 148November 7, 2019 2:33 AM

R147 shut the hell up, cunt

by Anonymousreply 149November 7, 2019 2:37 AM

No, I won't douchebag.

by Anonymousreply 150November 7, 2019 2:38 AM

R123 It was more than 25 years ago that I had this discussion with my friend.

She said Anthony Kiedis’ cock was average. She didn’t describe as fantastic in bed. There were no superlatives at all in her memories of this sexual encounter.

by Anonymousreply 151November 7, 2019 2:41 AM

There's a River born to be a giver Keep you warm, won't let you shiver His heart ain't never gonna wither Come on everybody, time to deliver

by Anonymousreply 152November 7, 2019 2:49 AM

Kiedis had a sexy body back in the day. The best in the band. I don't care what size his dick is. Nice face too.

by Anonymousreply 153November 7, 2019 10:44 PM

Unsurprising.

I could have guessed he was gay/bi, knowing that as a middle/highschooler he used to pal around with Slash & Tracii Guns. Babygay guitar-nerds.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 154November 7, 2019 11:11 PM

I remember seeing Flea late at night in the Village. I was walking out of a gay (vanilla) bookstore and walking towards me was a barechested Flea, in the same pants he wore in the video 'Higher Ground' that came out months later. I think he even had a guitar slung over his shoulder. Being a naïve 20 year old, who hadn't heard about the Red Hot Chili Peppers all I thought was--"who's this weirdo?" and kept on going without giving him a second glance.

Months later while switching channels, MTV was showing the music video Higher Ground and I made the connection.

by Anonymousreply 155November 8, 2019 12:08 AM

r97 is fucking AWESOME

by Anonymousreply 156November 8, 2019 2:23 AM

He's a good musician. I like him. The band's music has been gay-friendly. I know of two songs in which they address or mention homophobia.

I think FLEA was in BOY ERASED for about two minutes.

I think FLEA was in a movie with Keanu Reeves, where Keanu played a hustler.

by Anonymousreply 157November 8, 2019 2:31 AM

Thanks R151

by Anonymousreply 158November 8, 2019 2:33 AM

So it's perfectly acceptable to have all the gay sex you want, as long as you DENY THAT YOU'RE GAY?

by Anonymousreply 159November 8, 2019 2:37 AM

R159 is not mentally agile....at all

by Anonymousreply 160November 8, 2019 3:08 AM

R159 It's still better to admit having same-sex partners rather than trying to hide or deny it.

by Anonymousreply 161November 8, 2019 1:43 PM

R157 not just any movie; Flea had a prestigious role in Gus van Sant's experimental laudatory adaptation of Shakespeare's Henry IV MY OWN PRIVATE IDAHO, widely considered to feature the greatest performance by River Phoenix ever committed to film. For a popular musician, Flea acts well.

William Richert is a particular standout in that cast but Reeves gave an interesting turn too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 162November 8, 2019 1:50 PM

I listened to a few songs from RHCP's GAYEST album, One Hot Minute, last night in honor of this thread. I especially enjoyed the shamelessly maudlin and homo-chic eulogy they wrote for Kurt Cobain, Tearjerker.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 163November 9, 2019 12:18 AM

Sox on cox

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 164November 9, 2019 1:44 AM

Thank you R162 for the response. I think I'll watch that film again.

FLEA was also in BACK TO THE FUTURE, BOY ERASED, and BABY DRIVER. I remember thinking, "What's FLEA doing there?"

I like FLEA, his music and how he and the other Red Hot Chili Peppers have no problem being naked or kissing each other.

by Anonymousreply 165November 9, 2019 2:15 AM

More nude Flea.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 166November 9, 2019 2:18 AM

One of the cuter rock bands ever. Especially young they were adorable.

by Anonymousreply 167November 9, 2019 2:31 AM

Do they call him flea because he’s hung like one?

by Anonymousreply 168November 9, 2019 2:43 AM

R166. Strange, I thought he was uncut.

by Anonymousreply 169November 9, 2019 4:06 PM

Flea being Australian, I would have assumed he was uncut.

by Anonymousreply 170November 9, 2019 4:46 PM

I would hit it 10 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 171November 9, 2019 8:42 PM

I’m reading the book now and am really enjoying it.

by Anonymousreply 172November 9, 2019 8:43 PM

Keidis's autobiography Scar Tissue was impossible to put down, an excellent read.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 173November 10, 2019 6:37 AM

Kiedis used to hook up with Dave Navarro in the nineties. I think RHCP were open to any experience that got them off. God love them.

by Anonymousreply 174November 10, 2019 4:43 PM

Yea when they were big I was in middle/high school and even then I remember telling myself they have to fuck each other. But I do like RHCP. As a blk male teen in 90s from DC I really only listened to hip hop,however I loved RHCP. 311, Foo Fighters and Blink 182. I can honestly say they made my music choices more eclectic.

by Anonymousreply 175November 11, 2019 11:01 AM

Kiedis book sucked. I like my bios druggy, but his was just annoying. Days in seedy LA motel rooms, just getting fucked up. But he made it a slog. I guess his childhood was sort of interesting, but he'd describe these intense relationships with these young women and how he did them wrong. He was so effusive, you figured "and then, I woke up very cold one morning and her it turned out my beloved Jennifer had overdosed and died next to me in the night." Nope, just him cheating on them and breaking up. There were whole chapters of these boring, beautiful girls.

by Anonymousreply 176November 11, 2019 1:10 PM

R176 not to cluck like some kind of hetero-Hen, but, there were rumors in the 90s of Kiedis briefly dating Hope Sandoval of Mazzy Star, a woman who epitomises intrigue. I always hoped it wasn't true, as Sandoval has 100 times his talent and is far more fascinating as an artist (plus I pegged her for a dyke).

Jane's Addiction & Black Flag were the cooler bands than RHCP, anyway. Hell, Jellyfish were cooler.

by Anonymousreply 177November 11, 2019 3:36 PM

R177 With all respect, this may be a little revisionist history. The later "commercial years" warp perception of what they were in the beginning. The early version with Slovak - until the late 80's - was groundbreaking, as cool at you can get. There would be no Jane's Addiction (their first album 1988) without RCHP. Black Flag was a whole different thing. That being said, although Flea was a great bassist, Kiedis was a very limited vocalist, agreed.

by Anonymousreply 178November 11, 2019 3:48 PM

I would think he meant the gay lifestyle is not for him. So in his mind, he identified as straight, living as one regardless if he is still dabbling with the downlow homosex every now and then.

by Anonymousreply 179November 11, 2019 4:11 PM

Who would want him now?

by Anonymousreply 180November 11, 2019 5:14 PM

He cleans up alright.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 181November 11, 2019 5:16 PM

I do, r180. I do.

by Anonymousreply 182November 11, 2019 5:39 PM

Looks like he married Rita Hayworth.

by Anonymousreply 183November 11, 2019 6:19 PM

I seriously wish all men were sexually fluid. The world would be a better place.

by Anonymousreply 184November 12, 2019 1:28 AM

The vast majority of PEOPLE aren't sexually fluid.

by Anonymousreply 185November 12, 2019 1:43 AM

R184 women EVERYWHERE would riot

Remember, THEY can be sexually fluid but not THEIR men

Don't you love modern day feminism?

by Anonymousreply 186November 13, 2019 7:55 PM

I just got to the part of the book where Flea says that the jacket photo of him smoking pot as a child was taken at a nude beach.

The 70s really were a different world.

by Anonymousreply 187November 13, 2019 10:12 PM

It was a really good book. Ive just finished it. I'm AMAZED he's still alive. Neglected to say the least.

by Anonymousreply 188December 6, 2019 8:53 PM

Also is it just me or was/is he 100% head over heels in love with Anthony Kiedis? The way he writes about him really makes it seem so.

by Anonymousreply 189December 6, 2019 8:57 PM

I like their music. They are allies. They kiss each other on the cover of magazines and sometimes they perform only wearing socks.

by Anonymousreply 190December 7, 2019 2:11 PM

R72 post made me crack the fuck up. OMG! LMAO

😂

How did I miss this thread? OK, who’s read this book? I’m about to start myself.

I live that Flea was able to share about his experimentation. And I live that he kinda proves what I’ve said and have believed about sexuality all along: sexuality can be either 100% straight, or 100% gay, but it can also be malleable, and change or be all over the map, at different times of our lives. People wanna call that bisexual, OK, fine. But no one knows their sexuality or orientation, more than the person explaining it to others. So when someone tells me they’re 100% straight or gay, I am taking them on their word, just like if someone says, “I experimented, and here’s what I found to be true for myself “.

Anyhow, about to read this baby, and will return with thoughts once completed.

by Anonymousreply 191February 22, 2020 8:29 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!