Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

New TLC Show Features Am Almost Offensively Blond Family Who Have Never Heard Of Coca-Cola Or Justin Beiber

Im watching the first episode and I think we're watching the 21 year old become an alcoholic in real time (he was previously forbidden from alcohol and he's making up for lost time after marrying a non-fundie).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 207November 23, 2020 6:16 PM

Why does TLC insist on these reality shows featuring breeders from hick towns who love Jesus and Trump?

It’s almost like they refuse to acknowledge that most people are sick of this shit. I guess there’s an audience for this kinda crap.

by Anonymousreply 1November 5, 2019 1:32 AM

So the gay son got married to a woman?

by Anonymousreply 2November 5, 2019 1:34 AM

there's an audience because it's fun to poke fun at and take the piss out of them!

by Anonymousreply 3November 5, 2019 1:34 AM

The fag with the bleached hair in the blue suit has gay face for days, he ain't no heterosexual

by Anonymousreply 4November 5, 2019 1:36 AM

There's already been a thread on this OP. What, have you had your head in an oven?

by Anonymousreply 5November 5, 2019 1:36 AM

Who is second from the left, his sister? Because she closely resembles his wife. Why has his wife chosen to marry into this hot mess?

And what is this quote from the dad? [quote] “We’ve never had any carbonated sodas around. They know what a Coke is, but they don’t know what a Coke is. Can you believe that? That is so off the wall,” says Barry.

by Anonymousreply 6November 5, 2019 1:37 AM

I think the parents are completely full of shit, but it seems like the kids are turning out pretty American and not-crazy regardless. I feel like the sisters are much more aware of the world than the sweet ignorant brothers.

by Anonymousreply 7November 5, 2019 1:38 AM

"Why does TLC insist on these reality shows featuring breeders from hick towns who love Jesus and Trump?"

Because breeders from hick towns who love Jesus and Trump spend most of their lives watching TV.

by Anonymousreply 8November 5, 2019 1:39 AM

Micah the middle boy is hot. That older girl is rebelling, she gonna be a slut

by Anonymousreply 9November 5, 2019 1:39 AM

their farm is quaint

by Anonymousreply 10November 5, 2019 1:41 AM

Also the kids all have perfect teeth so while the parents might eschew technology they certainly don't eschew orthodontia.

Thank God for the new wife, she's saving these older girls a lot of transition pains, teaching them what the bitch mother should have but didn't because she's a bitch.

by Anonymousreply 11November 5, 2019 1:43 AM

Tlc has an obsession with down home aryan families

by Anonymousreply 12November 5, 2019 1:43 AM

Don’t know them and hate them already.

by Anonymousreply 13November 5, 2019 1:44 AM

I like how Ethan married someone who could easily be his sister, but to be fair the wife is very grounded and I think trying to"deprogram" her brothers and sisters in law.

Also R9 is right Micah is smokin.

" I can't believe how naive I was but I'm... not going to be naive for very much longer." Love this girl she is going to make it far.

by Anonymousreply 14November 5, 2019 1:50 AM

I can understand not knowing who Bieber is but if you have been in any gas station, grocery store, etc. you will have seen Coca Cola. Do they never leave the compound?

by Anonymousreply 15November 5, 2019 1:54 AM

The mother hates the new wife for introducing the outside world to these poor kids. In the movies this usually ends with the mother shooting the new wife, and this is Georgia, so...

by Anonymousreply 16November 5, 2019 1:56 AM

The fucked up thing is that these families usually turn out to have really dark, fucked up secrets. Look at the Duggars, or whatever their name is, with the sisters being molested by the brother. The brother gets married, has a family, and gets busted for hiring prostitutes while on his “Focus on The Family” board meetings trips, and getting really rough with the one hooker.

Then there was that family of Christians who sang and had family concerts, like the Partridges, but the church version. Come to find out, the father was sexually molesting one of the daughters, and beating the wife and the other kids. The only reason that the molested daughter spoke out, is because it became clear to her that her father was about to start on one of the other sisters.

Then the Honey BooBoo story. The mother welcomed back a man who had previously molested another one of her kids.

Other than the poor victims, are all HORRIBLE people. TLC consistently root out these really fucked up and dysfunctional families, and I’m starting to believe that they do so, purposely.

Let’s see what skeletons come out of this family’s closet & start praising the Lord! You know they will, and it’s ALWAYS at the expense of the kids, who have no say in their exploitation.

Fuck TLC.

by Anonymousreply 17November 5, 2019 2:05 AM

Yesss, Olivia, corrupt them!

by Anonymousreply 18November 5, 2019 2:08 AM

Daddy-Daughter Fucking is a highly revered activity in the South. Daughters are then required to tell of how they “have the bestest Daddy ever!!” for the rest of their life.

by Anonymousreply 19November 5, 2019 2:09 AM

R19 r17 don't take this thread to a dark place until it absolutely, provably has to be.

by Anonymousreply 20November 5, 2019 2:13 AM

R19, you’re right. I’ve heard the same ole story repeatedly from women who were molested by their fathers.

The common denominator? The South.

by Anonymousreply 21November 5, 2019 2:13 AM

Daddy is from MN though.

I'm not sure I buy that they're really as naive as they're acting. They know stuff.

by Anonymousreply 22November 5, 2019 2:16 AM

trigger warning for that picture, please.

by Anonymousreply 23November 5, 2019 2:20 AM

It's weird that they are proud of the things they don't know.

Also, the father looks like he molests everyone in a 30 mile radius. Who is taking advice from this asshole?

by Anonymousreply 24November 5, 2019 2:25 AM

The Mother says "People think that I was raised like this [culturally castrated] but I wasn't raised like I'm raising the kids." Well NO DUH BITCH, most people know that raising kids with zero ability to interact in the outside world is a dumb, abusive thing to do, which is why their shocked that you're doing it! It's not secret envy, it's thinly-veiled outrage!

by Anonymousreply 25November 5, 2019 2:34 AM

R20, I get it. It just really pisses me off. Hypocrisy, entitlement, and ignorance are some of the reasons why we have Trump as out president.

Cruelty and sadistic tendencies also play into this. People who voted for Trump are not innocent. There is a thread that runs through them all, despite their various education levels, income, sex, and age, and that common thread is hatred.

In my experience, people who claim to be good Christians, are usually profoundly fucked up individuals behind closed doors.

These shows propagate the lie, the belief that as long as appearances are kept up, it’s OK to be fucked up to your own family, and it’s OK to support politicians who are corrupt criminals, who live THE MOST non Christian, anti-Christ lives EVER.

This is my main beef. Real Christians, people who actually truly are devoted to serving Christ, do not support and vote for a man like Donald Trump. There’s no in between.

And that’s what Jesus Christ meant, when he said:

21 “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. 22 Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’

Matthew 7:21-23 New King James Version (NKJV)

by Anonymousreply 26November 5, 2019 2:34 AM

r26 I think that you're broadly correct in your diagnosis of self-proclaimed christians who eagerly embrace trump, but I'm willing to bet none of this family actually votes for anyone since I would be shocked if they vote at all.

The oldest brother said that his younger brother and sister visit his new house often because he has wifi and the family farmhouse does not have wifi--these kids are young (even the oldest brother who is 21) and given gen z's tendencies I fully expect that once they're baptized in reality they will not turn out to be trump supporters. Given the way the show is shaping up, we may even see their schism happen this season!

Also, look at the eldest brother's new wife, Olivia. She was raised in a similar--if less militantly ignorant--homeschooled conservative household, and at 21 she's pretty much shed the "conservative culture war" teachings and become pretty open and accepting (from what we can tell, it's been one episode), and she's even deprogramming her brothers and sisters in law by exposing them to new (cough liberal cough) ideas and experiences. Have faith r26!

by Anonymousreply 27November 5, 2019 2:41 AM

These people definitely do not have it together enough to vote.

When will America rid herself of the scourge of homeschooling? These dummies are too stupid to be schoolin the youngins.

by Anonymousreply 28November 5, 2019 2:57 AM

I wonder if their eyes glow like in Village Of The Damned?

by Anonymousreply 29November 5, 2019 2:58 AM

Fathers and other relatives molesting daughters is universal and not just limited to the South. However it occurs more frequently in very religious households because of the prohibition on sex outside of marriage. Ironic isn't it?

by Anonymousreply 30November 5, 2019 3:04 AM

The fathers are just exercising their rights.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31November 5, 2019 3:08 AM

Waiting for the molestation reveal in 3...2..

by Anonymousreply 32November 5, 2019 3:10 AM

The Learning Channel has really lost its way from its original objective.

by Anonymousreply 33November 5, 2019 3:11 AM

Micah

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34November 5, 2019 3:14 AM

The article already stated that one of the older girls, 20, is not buying this BS any longer. She was not featured b/c she decided to tour FT w/ her husband as a violinist. Sounds like the next girl is gonna follows.

by Anonymousreply 35November 5, 2019 3:17 AM

Incest !

by Anonymousreply 36November 5, 2019 3:25 AM

Why are both of the men smiling like they're hostages?

by Anonymousreply 37November 5, 2019 3:26 AM

The married son looks HELLA gay

by Anonymousreply 38November 5, 2019 3:26 AM

This is a German descended family, correct?

by Anonymousreply 39November 5, 2019 3:43 AM

Years ago I used to think that some of the Duggar daughters would tell the truth (years later) about what really was going on at their house (this is before the molestation was revealed). I was so wrong. These days they are all out trying to get their own tv shows.

If this new show is even remotely successful, I expect these kids to do the same thing.

by Anonymousreply 40November 5, 2019 4:10 AM

"Almost"?

by Anonymousreply 41November 5, 2019 4:15 AM

Hitler’s wet dream. x

by Anonymousreply 42November 5, 2019 4:35 AM

Micah is Corbin Fisher hot

by Anonymousreply 43November 5, 2019 12:19 PM

Ethan is giving me a young, vivacious Joyce Bulifant in the OP.

by Anonymousreply 44November 5, 2019 12:23 PM

Anyone who claims to have never heard of Coca Cola is a big fat LIAR. But then, this is just another reality TV show and I'm sure that 99% of it is a fake.

by Anonymousreply 45November 5, 2019 12:26 PM

They don't use technology, but are on a TV show? Uh...Ok...

by Anonymousreply 46November 5, 2019 12:41 PM

My favorite TLC show is Long Lost Family, about adoptees looking for their biologic parents, or vice versa. I cry like a frau, but gayer. Plus, host Chris Jacobs is hot.

by Anonymousreply 47November 5, 2019 1:08 PM

I hope the show follows Micah taking his first steps into the big city and tentatively choosing to try out a bar only to wonder why there are only men inside. Then some young city gay can start his education and we get to see Micah's sexual awakening as he learns that something called "gay" exists and that he is gay. The ending features Micah and his beau deciding to move into the farm next to the Plathe family compound and the Mother has a stroke.

by Anonymousreply 48November 5, 2019 1:35 PM

I agree, r26. The Born Again Christians can talk about Trump being like King Cyrus all they want, but Cyrus was a monarch, not a democratically elected representative of the people. The fundamentalists went out of their way to choose a depraved criminal to be their standard bearer and do their bidding no matter the cost. They didn’t fall in with him by happenstance. I wonder if Jesus would be pleased that they’ve courted and flattered this monster to get their way. They lie to him. They lie about him. Their faith is a bigger sham than he is.

by Anonymousreply 49November 5, 2019 2:15 PM

I have no words.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50November 5, 2019 2:46 PM

Endlessly breeding is not an accomplishment. Once you hit 4 or 5, your OBGYN should call a shrink.

by Anonymousreply 51November 5, 2019 2:54 PM

So they were raised in a bunker?

by Anonymousreply 52November 5, 2019 2:56 PM

Do those boys even know that the man can go up into the man?

by Anonymousreply 53November 5, 2019 3:10 PM

Did they escape from The Village of the Damned?

by Anonymousreply 54November 5, 2019 3:17 PM

We're so cute ! We're going to kill you in your sleep !

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55November 5, 2019 3:34 PM

This family is a complete con. They have had a facebook site for years. They use the internet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56November 5, 2019 3:42 PM

Which episode has the children of the corn?

by Anonymousreply 57November 5, 2019 3:58 PM

Creepy von Trapp vibes.

by Anonymousreply 58November 5, 2019 4:25 PM

The oldest brother probably has a hot young farmer body, but looks like a total goober (would still do him). Micah has a legitimately handsome face with that amazing body— look at those pecs. He could model, but I prefer a boy on the farm.

by Anonymousreply 59November 5, 2019 4:42 PM

The Mother is a "naturopathic practitioner," AKA a quack, surprising NO ONE.

[quote]Naturopathy or naturopathic medicine is a form of alternative medicine that employs an array of pseudoscientific practices branded as "natural", "non-invasive", or promoting "self-healing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60November 5, 2019 5:48 PM

Micah works on his truck.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61November 5, 2019 7:02 PM

So pretty R61.

by Anonymousreply 62November 5, 2019 7:07 PM

Micah on his way to his brothers house for the wifi and to be deprogrammed by his sister-in-law.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63November 5, 2019 10:45 PM

We need to get Micah on DL for behind-the scenes dish.

by Anonymousreply 64November 5, 2019 11:22 PM

Micah is making a good start on the path to DL stardom.

by Anonymousreply 65November 5, 2019 11:25 PM

I have two, r50.....

by Anonymousreply 66November 5, 2019 11:26 PM

So which daughter is named Sylvia?

by Anonymousreply 67November 5, 2019 11:31 PM

Micah doesn’t seem terribly bright.

So, we have this ultra-conservative, rural family and in the first two episodes their 16-year-old daughter is headed to San Francisco and their 18-year-old son is going to be a male model. Yeah, that would happen.

by Anonymousreply 68November 6, 2019 5:14 AM

Are you shitting me with that groom?

by Anonymousreply 69November 6, 2019 5:20 AM

It's just not believable when they say they don't know who Tom Brady, Lebron James, Justin Bieber or Spider-man are. They pause and seem to think about it every time, then look off camera and get reminded.

by Anonymousreply 70November 6, 2019 5:22 AM

If this show is to have any staying power, they need to exploit Micah nonstop and have him be shirtless or almost nude in every single scene he's in, for every single episode from here on out.

by Anonymousreply 71November 6, 2019 8:11 AM

R1 every one of your sentences contradicts the other two.

by Anonymousreply 72November 6, 2019 8:49 AM

I watched 5 minutes and the daughters cake on the makeup. Where are they getting the make up and how do they know what to do with it?

by Anonymousreply 73November 6, 2019 9:05 AM

[quote]It’s almost like they refuse to acknowledge that most people are sick of this shit. I guess there’s an audience for this kinda crap.

I sure as hell would wish never to see this shit on DL. I didn't even know about these people until this thread, but they are the kind of people (boys) who are worshiped by the type of DLers I loathe who'll ignore the homophobia from them because they happen to be the "right" hue...

by Anonymousreply 74November 6, 2019 11:26 AM

[quote]Let’s see what skeletons come out of this family’s closet

The mother accidentally ran over and killed one of their sons

by Anonymousreply 75November 6, 2019 12:37 PM

I thought r75 was being snarky but it really did happen.There is also an older daughter that is married,lives away from the family and will not be featured on the show. The father really comes off like a closeted freak that has overcompensated by having a bunch of kids.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76November 6, 2019 2:08 PM

r74 Oh spare us. This is my thread and I'm not inviting race-baiting nor discussions of "daddy daughter" ANYTHING into it. You want to bitch about hues and how superior you are for not watching TLC, make your own thread.

by Anonymousreply 77November 6, 2019 3:22 PM

[quote]The mother accidentally ran over and killed one of their sons

My interest is piqued.

by Anonymousreply 78November 6, 2019 3:27 PM

Almost all of them bleach their hair

by Anonymousreply 79November 6, 2019 4:51 PM

"Tired Creek Road." Hee!

by Anonymousreply 80November 6, 2019 5:00 PM

r79 - Yes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81November 6, 2019 5:07 PM

You think, R79? Their golden brown coloring suggests that the bleach blond hair is natural. Plenty of time in the sun plus white skin that actually tans evenly, like the CA surfer boys of yore.

by Anonymousreply 82November 6, 2019 7:32 PM

Golden brown coloring on Micah, I should say.

by Anonymousreply 83November 6, 2019 10:46 PM

If they're frauds it'll come out eventually. There's someone somewhere who knows they're fakes and they'll start talking.

by Anonymousreply 84November 6, 2019 11:59 PM

Hopefully not before Micah hooks up with another fundie homoschooler and has hot repressed sex. Do you think TLC will air that?

by Anonymousreply 85November 7, 2019 12:11 AM

The younger kids have bleached hair from the sun, and the one older one may be natural, but you can tell with the rest. Their eyebrows are dark.

This show is fake as shit. I live in South Georgia and we have a LOT of idiots (and they are all proud of it), but no one is like this fake as fuck group

by Anonymousreply 86November 7, 2019 1:18 AM

R86, I've known many people who naturally have blond hair with darker eyebrows, some are young kids so have obviously not dyed their hair.

Also hairstylists may recommend dying ones' eyebrows darker otherwise they won' look right.

by Anonymousreply 87November 7, 2019 1:22 AM

TLC and the parents should be locked up for exploitation and abuse of children. The father is just itching to cash in on these mediocre-talent kids.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88November 7, 2019 1:49 AM

[quote]The mother accidentally ran over and killed one of their sons

God PROMISED me they’d all be blonds.

by Anonymousreply 89November 7, 2019 5:13 AM

Seriously, she ran over their baby with a tractor. Ran him over. Dead.

by Anonymousreply 90November 7, 2019 5:23 AM

She might have used a blobfish. Then ran him over to cover her tracks.

by Anonymousreply 91November 7, 2019 5:25 AM

r81 that was my ad

by Anonymousreply 92November 7, 2019 5:58 AM

Actually, it was reported she ran over the kid with a Suburban.

by Anonymousreply 93November 7, 2019 4:57 PM

Just watched the premiere episode.

1. Both Ethan and Micah have good butts, but Micah is by far the cuter (loved the preview of his model tryout). Ethan could be a ventriloquist, taking advantage of the way he talks while smiling and not moving his lips.

2. The dad is super-creepy. No words.

3. The mom is Karen/RuralGeorgiaEdition™ . Super-controlling and a control freak...a recipe for heartache.

4. Love Olivia, and hope she corrupts as many kids in as many ways as possible.

by Anonymousreply 94November 7, 2019 5:06 PM

I hope Olivia is just being a good faghag and helping Ethan get out of the house, while getting dicked down by a guy who actually likes women.

by Anonymousreply 95November 7, 2019 5:54 PM

With the children packed into bunk beds like sailors on a submarine, where do they pleasure themselves?

by Anonymousreply 96November 7, 2019 5:58 PM

r96 I'm pretty sure that's why the one boy built his own "wood shed." Maybe that's their rite-of-passage?

by Anonymousreply 97November 7, 2019 6:04 PM

Mother wants to accidentally run over the DIL.

by Anonymousreply 98November 7, 2019 6:09 PM

That oldest boy's hair is obviously peroxided. It's practically yellow. You can tell dyed blonde hair from a mile away. Every strand of hair is exactly the same color and it gives off a flat lifeless hue. Real blond hair is a combination of hundreds of different hues that all together become blond. it's no different than any color natural hair. Even natural black hair contains many different colors.

by Anonymousreply 99November 7, 2019 6:12 PM

I come from a family of 6 kids and we were all toeheads. As adults we now have darker brown to silver hair. I am not so sure they bleach their hair. It all looks very natural to me. My hair for most of my teens was monochromatic white I think it started streaking other colors when I was just starting college.

by Anonymousreply 100November 7, 2019 7:17 PM

Oh, dear!

Were the other two foster kids, r100?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101November 7, 2019 7:45 PM

I love blond hair, it's delightful.

by Anonymousreply 102November 7, 2019 9:36 PM

As long as the carpet matches the drapes.

by Anonymousreply 103November 8, 2019 12:00 AM

The oldest son probably yelled "boobies!" on their wedding night. At first it might be cute teaching him new things but he comes off as an even more cornball Kenneth from 30 Rock. That can't be attractive to a woman and his wife is cute and seems to be all there.

by Anonymousreply 104November 8, 2019 4:01 AM

There must be something about him that keeps her attention. I wonder what it could be. . . .

by Anonymousreply 105November 8, 2019 5:12 AM

Even if he was hung like a bull he wouldn't know what to do with it

by Anonymousreply 106November 8, 2019 5:40 AM

New episode tonight!

by Anonymousreply 107November 13, 2019 3:23 AM

Is Ethan straight?

by Anonymousreply 108November 13, 2019 3:34 AM

Ethan is Kenneth from 30 Rock.

by Anonymousreply 109November 13, 2019 7:40 AM

No Micah anywhere in the 2nd episode. But it featured a cringy story of Ethan received the "the talk" the day before his wedding.... from his mother! Then the rebel sister toured The Castro and tried to memorized the LGBT acronym

by Anonymousreply 110November 18, 2019 10:59 AM

Young Micah is totally gay.

by Anonymousreply 111November 21, 2019 1:08 AM

Micah at 4:55 - a candidate for DWTS.

by Anonymousreply 112November 21, 2019 2:03 AM

Sorry. Here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113November 21, 2019 2:03 AM

Micah is in episode 3, they show him working at a farmer's market. He is 18 so that makes me feel a bit better.

by Anonymousreply 114November 21, 2019 2:23 AM

The boys look a bit like albino versions of Shawn Mendes

by Anonymousreply 115November 21, 2019 3:24 AM

Someone please show these people where the gas oven is.

by Anonymousreply 116November 21, 2019 4:18 AM

Except, show Micah my bed.

by Anonymousreply 117November 21, 2019 8:53 AM

Micah looks like an 80s-90s gay porn star here

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118November 21, 2019 4:15 PM

Micah is very pretty. He could ride this show to STARDOM.

by Anonymousreply 119November 27, 2019 2:53 PM

Preview for next show he tries out for modeling

by Anonymousreply 120November 27, 2019 6:41 PM

With an agency in Tallahassee. He might get some mall work.

by Anonymousreply 121November 27, 2019 6:46 PM

So the parents want to keep the outside world at bay yet they sought out being on a cable tv show?!

The eldest daughter was, without comment, shown and named (Hosanna (sp)) on this week's episode.

by Anonymousreply 122November 27, 2019 10:01 PM

The mother is clearly over-reacting to the chaos of her own childhood, but she comes across as relatively sympathetic. At least she knows she can;t win by clamping down on the older kids still at home. The father is just creepy.

by Anonymousreply 123November 27, 2019 10:05 PM

I was sympathetic to the rebellious 16-year old girl until she sat down and spoke to her mother about her feelings about never being loved. When her mother talked about all that she had done for her, the girl blankly said, "like what?" Really?!?!

by Anonymousreply 124November 27, 2019 10:08 PM

The mom has canine fangs. Honest to god. You don't see them until she opens her mouth to talk, and then they're clearly obvious. I would NOT want those fangs anywhere near my peen.

by Anonymousreply 125November 28, 2019 12:19 AM

I am pretty sure it is fake. Rebel sister's instagram features Micah and her and they look like they are a little less protected than the show would show. Also they have had a blog for years and have toured as a musical family - they have seen things.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126November 28, 2019 12:57 AM

You can tell the little girl on the left is going to grow up to be a stripper.

by Anonymousreply 127November 28, 2019 1:03 AM

The oldest married son needs a new hair do stat!

by Anonymousreply 128November 28, 2019 1:15 AM

The oldest son's hair is going fast like his dad's.

by Anonymousreply 129November 28, 2019 1:32 AM

He looks like B from Abducted In Plain Sight with that hairdo

by Anonymousreply 130November 28, 2019 1:35 AM

They make the King Family Christmas Specials look like pornography.

by Anonymousreply 131November 28, 2019 1:56 AM

r126 those siblings seem incestuously close

by Anonymousreply 132November 28, 2019 2:11 AM

“you never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.”

Doesn’t sound like a happy ending.

by Anonymousreply 133November 28, 2019 4:37 AM

Micah!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134November 28, 2019 4:40 AM

r134 Good find!

by Anonymousreply 135December 4, 2019 8:48 PM

Micah!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136December 4, 2019 9:26 PM

r136 Reported.

by Anonymousreply 137December 4, 2019 10:10 PM

I don't think Micah's beauty will last much longer, but I have to admit he won the looks lottery over his very sweet older brother

by Anonymousreply 138December 4, 2019 10:15 PM

Hope you can take a dick better than you can take a joke r137 also it's, "Webmistress ban her" not "Reported"

by Anonymousreply 139December 4, 2019 10:15 PM

These people come across as Amish with electricity. One things fer sure, restricting WiFi from the daughters may as well be considered child abuse. Those girls need Youtube! Someone's gotta teach them how wear eye make-up!!! Jesus H. Christ! They look like mini Tammy-Fayes!!!

by Anonymousreply 140December 4, 2019 10:33 PM

Those girls are gonna end up knocked up, because they spread their legs for the first hot-breathed red neck that whispers "Yer not as purty as my sister, but ya'all is close enuf!"

by Anonymousreply 141December 4, 2019 10:41 PM

Micah may be the gay child - weight lifting and modeling...

by Anonymousreply 142December 4, 2019 11:49 PM

Micah is Shawn Mendes with bleached hair

by Anonymousreply 143December 5, 2019 2:38 AM

DIL declares war. One-way ticket for Moriah “announced.” She’s making me feel sorry for the parents which makes my brain hurt.

by Anonymousreply 144December 11, 2019 4:26 PM

What happened to this show?

by Anonymousreply 145January 5, 2020 5:54 PM

Not sure about the show but this kid is sure pretty.......

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146January 8, 2020 11:55 PM

He is wholesome and built!

by Anonymousreply 147January 9, 2020 12:00 AM

No, really—what happened to it?

by Anonymousreply 148January 11, 2020 3:11 PM

I think the wholesome shtick didn't last long enough for them to film a series.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149January 14, 2020 1:06 PM

love it, stud sons, tho the mommy/daddy are repressive religionists.....soon all the kids will escape their negative clutch.

by Anonymousreply 150January 14, 2020 1:09 PM

I heard he got a role in Cabaret.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151January 14, 2020 1:15 PM

According to an article yesterday in DailySoapDish, TLC hasn't yet decided whether to produce a second season of [italic]Plathville.[/italic] But even if there is a second season, it's likely that Ethan and his wife, Olivia, won't be on it, because of the large amount of hate mail they've gotten from viewers.

by Anonymousreply 152January 14, 2020 5:11 PM

So they’re just going to leave us hanging?

by Anonymousreply 153January 14, 2020 5:25 PM

r149 How long before Micah is on Sean Cody getting creampied?

by Anonymousreply 154January 14, 2020 5:54 PM

[quote]So they’re just going to leave us hanging?

Apparently so, if the article is correct. I'd have thought TLC would have planned the whole series out well ahead of time, but it would seem like they didn't.

by Anonymousreply 155January 14, 2020 11:14 PM

This family should screen “The Virgin Suicides”.

by Anonymousreply 156January 15, 2020 12:22 AM

I imagine the presence of camera crews and producers were also influencing the older kids’ rebellion .

by Anonymousreply 157January 15, 2020 5:02 AM

I need nude leaks of Micah stat!

by Anonymousreply 158January 15, 2020 7:51 AM

Micah is undoubtedly straight. The eldest one though, Ethan? He's gay, gay, very gay. His wife needs to stop urging him to taste the world if she wants to stay married.

by Anonymousreply 159January 15, 2020 8:52 AM

orange spray tan

by Anonymousreply 160January 15, 2020 10:56 AM

Micah is beautiful and has the tightest sexiest body. I’d take a swing at the oldest one too if he is the gay one,

by Anonymousreply 161January 15, 2020 11:55 AM

He's a bit of a spaz... watch the instagram video of him doing a back flip or attempting to skim board.... Mary! But then there's this....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 162January 15, 2020 12:25 PM

Oh no. He went too far with the body-building.

by Anonymousreply 163January 15, 2020 12:47 PM

Agreed R163.

by Anonymousreply 164January 15, 2020 1:36 PM

The girls’ dresses in the OP remind me of the prom dresses of the girls in the Virgin Suicides.

by Anonymousreply 165January 15, 2020 5:35 PM

I had a very blond bf with black eyebrows and pubes. I don’t think he could have bleached it without my knowing it. He dumped me for I girl I once dated and has two daughters now. Oh, he murdered a girl as a teen, too.

by Anonymousreply 166January 15, 2020 6:23 PM

[quote] Oh, he murdered a girl as a teen, too.

Nobody’s perfect.

by Anonymousreply 167January 15, 2020 6:49 PM

Micah is branching out

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 168July 28, 2020 10:33 PM

Does the father have two wives? Mormon?

by Anonymousreply 169July 28, 2020 10:38 PM

Damn, R168, he looks like a Falcon exclusive!

by Anonymousreply 170July 28, 2020 10:40 PM

I've been laughing out loud with tears at every post since OP's own post. I know people like this in Toronto, Canada - not rural, educated, but 100% turned inwards from society. They are Catholics (extreme sect) and have a pretty close level of ignorance as this blond family. This type is probably more widespread than we really know or want to know. I can't wait to see this.

by Anonymousreply 171July 28, 2020 11:01 PM

I watched 10 minutes of the first episode and I couldn't handle it, it creeped me the fuck out. It's like a mormon family on steroids. What's strange is that the parents were people who led normal lives and then decided to seclude themselves. A privilege they deny to their children.

by Anonymousreply 172July 28, 2020 11:03 PM

Lovely tits

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 173July 29, 2020 1:34 AM

This thread piqued my curiosity and I watched the whole damn show. It’s a bizarre ride. They even consider country music subversive! And as time goes on, you find out that the mom was a drunken sorority girl in college for six years. All of this is a major overcorrection.

And Micah is almost certainly gay.

by Anonymousreply 174July 29, 2020 4:06 AM

r174 "And Micah is almost certainly gay."

What led you to this certainty?

by Anonymousreply 175July 29, 2020 9:59 PM

He has major gay voice and has a very haggy friendship with the one sister Moo-riah.

by Anonymousreply 176July 29, 2020 10:39 PM

IT'S BACK! [italic]Welcome to Plathville[/italic] started Season Two tonight on TLC (which obviously stands for The Looney Channel). Lots of fun Christian beefcake.

by Anonymousreply 177November 11, 2020 2:42 AM

I’m 45 minutes into the season 2 premiere and it’s depressing as hell. No one is right and no one is wrong. It’s just sad to watch a family in this much pain.

by Anonymousreply 178November 11, 2020 2:48 AM

Why are they in pain?

by Anonymousreply 179November 11, 2020 2:58 AM

And no Sylvia! I liked the head in the oven reference further up---I always get Anne Sexton and Sylvia Plath; thanks for reminding us it was Sylvia who went with the oven. A prof of mine thought it was so undignified.

by Anonymousreply 180November 11, 2020 3:01 AM

R179. Family is fractured. The oldest boy and his wife have cut the parents off completely. Two of the other kids moved out and, per the parents, can only have supervised visits with their younger siblings. The parents are odd and controlling but they’re not monsters and come from a good place.

by Anonymousreply 181November 11, 2020 3:12 AM

Looks like an ordinary average family to me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 182November 11, 2020 3:13 AM

He turned as red as his shirt.

So is it only the older kids on the show now? No parents or siblings?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 183November 11, 2020 3:22 AM

I feel kind of bad for the loyal, dutiful daughter. But at least she got her own Sissy Spacek prayer closet!

by Anonymousreply 184November 11, 2020 6:01 PM

Every time I see the mom I instantly think of "Something's wrong with Aunt Diane." This isn't going to end well.

by Anonymousreply 185November 11, 2020 6:25 PM

Micah's still a hottie. I'm amazed any of these kids made it to adulthood without offing themselves. If I had that dorky, ignorant dad and that pissy, sanctimonious mom, I would have been a runaway.

by Anonymousreply 186November 13, 2020 6:00 PM

I hope the sons are circumcised as Jesus wanted them to be.

by Anonymousreply 187November 13, 2020 6:02 PM

^^^ Exhibit A.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 188November 13, 2020 6:04 PM

OMG, this is excruciating -- at least the first part of it. If you can't sing on pitch, the last song you should pick to sing is a song that actually NAMES the notes you're supposed to be singing :-)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 189November 13, 2020 6:08 PM

Why is their being blonde so "offensively" to you, OP? Is it their hair? Or just the fact they're white people? Something tells me it's more about their melanin or lack thereof. Why is that so offensive OP?

by Anonymousreply 190November 13, 2020 6:14 PM

Do you think Micah masturbates?

by Anonymousreply 191November 13, 2020 6:48 PM

^If so, where and when does he do it?

by Anonymousreply 192November 13, 2020 6:49 PM

Micah looks pretty straight. He's just got that look.

by Anonymousreply 193November 13, 2020 7:14 PM

In a way it’s sad that Micah and Mariah are thrilled because they’re social media sensations which I guess is what helps pay their rent. I had to laugh when Micah was upset that his mother knew what was going on his life thanks to Instagram. Uh, hon, if you want privacy don’t post every detail about your life online.

by Anonymousreply 194November 13, 2020 7:43 PM

It's too sad for me to watch. The parents both had regular childhoods and went to college but have chosen to implement this weird off the grid (I guess) fundie lifestyle on these kids. They pit the kids against each other, shun some, favor others. Somehow one of the boys married a rebellious fundie-lite who actually is showing him how to enjoy life. If you watch it can anyone confirm that the mom's weird teeth and lips are from thumb sucking?

by Anonymousreply 195November 13, 2020 8:00 PM

r181 seriously what good place are the parents coming from? They are control freaks that wanted to keep their kids educationally hobbled?

by Anonymousreply 196November 13, 2020 8:06 PM

Micah looks real straight here

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 197November 13, 2020 8:16 PM

[quote]It's too sad for me to watch. The parents both had regular childhoods and went to college but have chosen to implement this weird off the grid (I guess) fundie lifestyle on these kids. They pit the kids against each other, shun some, favor others.

That's assuming that the show presents actual "reality," rather than the whole thing being scripted for TV. It's shocking to me in 2020 that ANYONE, even the stupidest person on the planet, should accept any of these shows as "reality." And I think such incredible stupidity is key to why this country and this world are in such horrendous shape.

by Anonymousreply 198November 13, 2020 11:39 PM

The parents did not ask for govt help raising so many kids, I give credit for that, but overall these kids will all have resentment issues as adults.

by Anonymousreply 199November 14, 2020 12:17 AM

Who is that bitch playing Fraulein Maria in r189’s video? She has a face for slapping.

by Anonymousreply 200November 14, 2020 7:08 PM

I bet mama is having a seizure

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 201November 14, 2020 10:45 PM

Okay, you bitches. I was only barely aware of this show, but after seeing some posts here I decided to check it out. I've now watched all of Season 1 and the two episodes of Season 2.

I don't hate any of the kids at all-surprisingly. The parents, however, are AWFUL!!! The kids are sweet though, so I guess they did *something* right? I can't tell yet.

Micah is a sweetheart and boy is a exhibitionist, which is good for the viewers! He is gorgeous. Moriah seems pretty damaged, and I'm wary that she is heading into trouble--but I hope not. I do like the way she is so sweet to her very different sister, Lydia. Poor Lydia. She seems like she could crack.

Ethan is adorable, but it's very telling that his ways have started to wear on wife Olivia. I don't blame her, I guess.

Back to the parents: the mom's yellow front bottom teeth freak me out. And in S1 when the parents were making out at the place where they got married---GROSS!!! I was screaming at the TV.

AND...why are we not talking about Marcia Doll????? That's someone who needs a reality show....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 202November 23, 2020 4:56 PM

I loved Marcia Doll in Debbie Does Dallas!

by Anonymousreply 203November 23, 2020 5:25 PM

Micah's gf at R201 looks like a dewy young Kimberly Guilfoyle.

by Anonymousreply 204November 23, 2020 5:29 PM

Bitches, please — look at the duck whistle family. A guy invents a wooden duck caller, becomes a millionaire. Out on the golf course he and his sons get friendly with some tv producers who decide it would be hilarious to have these guys to become a real-life Beverly Hillbillies. Y’all should grow your hair & beards long, look like ZZ Top & be redneck millionaires.

The guys ditch their dockers & grow hairs. Yeehaw! Looky over here at these red blooded American country people who’s a-huntin & a-fishin but they’re RICH! Yew Jess gotta watch this here show, honeys!

by Anonymousreply 205November 23, 2020 5:37 PM

My husband the therapist told me one of his patients was offered a reality show. She has 10 or 11 kids and they live in a dense suburb, not out in the country. She was going to get a lot of goodies from companies like diaper manufacturers and was offered $10k per episode (these shows are CHEAP! Your payment goes up with your ratings). But she decided she’d rather have a nervous breakdown in private rather than in front of cameras.

by Anonymousreply 206November 23, 2020 5:40 PM

R206, Used to see constant castings asking for families who'd make a fab reality show. Requirements were lots of kids, varying ages of adults, strong but unique value systems.

Ready for drama anybody? It's wife-swap on steroids with pseudo "Christian" values.

Actually what would make "good TV" would be to spend a day in the life of the family that vacations in that ugly , way over decorated and over-the-top monstrosity located in the middle of the beautiful UT wilderness Make TV viewers be happy they're not rich. LOL.

by Anonymousreply 207November 23, 2020 6:16 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!