Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Ballum - gay couple in love EastEnders

Yet again we've been paywalled.

Ben is fugging out big time and is looking more and more like Phil but we're getting plenty of tepid Ballum action as Bowden and the other one try to make their snogging sessions look convincing. They should take lessons from the Skam actors.

by Anonymousreply 337October 15, 2020 9:45 PM

Sick of the Martin/Ben saga. It needs to end.

by Anonymousreply 1November 3, 2019 1:15 AM

“I’m cooking Ben chicken pasta tonight”

by Anonymousreply 2November 3, 2019 10:39 AM

I am wanting Martin to bang nerd lez Sonia and lardy harridan Stacey to walk in on them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3November 3, 2019 10:59 AM

Kenyu is leaving at Christmas.

Can he take Louise and Lisa with him?

by Anonymousreply 4November 3, 2019 11:59 AM

Why the fuck are the characters departures being announced this far before Christmas?

by Anonymousreply 5November 5, 2019 12:41 PM

Will we ever see them in bed together? The most "daring" scene was them undressing each other while making out. We still haven't got a bed scene. I want to see them in bed together, post sex is fine by me. I realize it's a soap so they can't be too explicit. Emmerdale had Robron in bed together a lot. Seems like it should be possible for EastEnders too.

by Anonymousreply 6November 10, 2019 6:31 AM

R4 Good. Terrible actor. I admit he's nice to look at though.

by Anonymousreply 7November 10, 2019 6:32 AM

I've thought this for a long time - Tamzin Outhwaite is a shit actor.

by Anonymousreply 8November 11, 2019 9:37 AM

Max needs to lose weight. He's getting fatter by the episode.

by Anonymousreply 9November 11, 2019 9:57 AM

Still no bed scene for Ballum. I doubt we'll ever get it. Only gay kissisng is allowed on this conservative soap.

by Anonymousreply 10November 11, 2019 9:58 AM

R10, Ben and Paul were shown sitting up in Paul's bed after sex, and Ben and Johnny were shown in Ben's bed during their one night hook up, so it could happen.

by Anonymousreply 11November 11, 2019 10:01 AM

Didn't they once have a scene them with one of them laying on top of the other one on a couch together?

by Anonymousreply 12November 11, 2019 10:03 AM

R12, yes. There's been bed scenes. Oates is pandering to shippers so she'll probably show them doing their washing together and other domestic tasks that shippers delight in.

by Anonymousreply 13November 11, 2019 10:11 AM

Geez ... They had Christian & Syed in bed nearly a decade ago. Very sexy with Syed luxuriating in Christian's shag carpet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14November 12, 2019 1:38 AM

The overhead shots were nice too. Both of them looking naked. None of this stuff where one of the guys has a shirt on.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15November 12, 2019 1:55 AM

EastEnders monopoly game for Christmas anyone?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16November 17, 2019 1:29 AM

I kind of laughed when Mel walked into the oncoming lorry and went *SPLAT*.

Was her last line, "I'm coming, HUNTER!" ??

by Anonymousreply 17November 19, 2019 7:50 PM

So glad to see the back of manic Mel. Ben is getting fatter with every episode. What the fuck do they feed them at the Elstree canteen?

by Anonymousreply 18November 20, 2019 12:16 AM

Callum got a bit fatter as well but he’s lost a bit of weight.

Hopefully the new set comes with a gym.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19November 20, 2019 12:28 AM

At least wardrobe is trying to assist by put Ben in dark "slimming" shirts with vertical stripes.

by Anonymousreply 20November 20, 2019 5:46 AM

NO way has Ben gone straight. He's is merely pretending.

by Anonymousreply 21November 22, 2019 12:19 AM

What is it with soaps like EE and Corrie and thuggish loan sharking? So hackneyed and boring.

O'Connor was widely criticized, but the white collar crooks of Weyland & Co. were far more modern, interesting.

by Anonymousreply 22November 22, 2019 6:52 PM

Adios Louise.

(Is Lisa out as well? What purpose would she serve?)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23December 3, 2019 10:02 PM

Tilly Keeper is a good looking actress who will get some excellent roles elsewhere. Poor Jac Jossa never managed to lose her baby weight and is now on I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out of Here. She was stunning when she was thin but now has massive arms and legs.

by Anonymousreply 24December 4, 2019 1:31 AM

Thank goodness she’s gone. She is a terrible actress. And for EE, that’s saying something.

by Anonymousreply 25December 4, 2019 2:18 AM

Well, apparently we won't have to worry about this filling our screens anytime soon.

[quote] Soap bosses allegedly met with the actress four months ago to discuss her return as Lauren Branning, but she turned it down in order to pursue other opportunities.

Good, now they can set about finding a new Lauren and new Peter and not have to concern themselves with casting to one or the other in the former duo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26December 12, 2019 11:22 PM

So with that "intense" sex, what are the odds that Whit's going to be preggers with Leo's baby?

Others in The Vic were already musing that Leo's the one, and they could get busy on starting their family.

by Anonymousreply 27December 13, 2019 3:13 AM

R26 maybe Jose’s was offended that Kate Oates took one look at her, mourned how chunky Tony Clay and Max Bowden have become and told her to go on a diet.

by Anonymousreply 28December 13, 2019 3:59 AM

Former beta-male, Stacey-less Martin is looking very hot right now. Giving him a beard and an anger management problem is a gift. Thank you, Kate Oates.

by Anonymousreply 29December 16, 2019 11:22 AM

Anyone else find Ben and Callum a completely unbelievable couple now they are actually together? They have no chemistry and I just feel awkward when they are being couple-y with each other.

by Anonymousreply 30December 16, 2019 11:30 AM

R30 I just find Ballum ito be Dullum.

Hopefully, with mechanic, Keanu, soon exiting, we'll see more of Lance & Cole fixing things at The Arches.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31December 16, 2019 6:57 PM

NuPeter is quite furry.

(Dayle Hudson)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32December 19, 2019 5:53 PM

I want to like Ballum and they have their moments but I agree that it feels a bit off. The kisses feel a bit less forced than the last years of Robron at least.

by Anonymousreply 33December 19, 2019 6:16 PM

When Callum joins the force, they should have him meet a hot cop. He'd be the 'good' boyfriend in opposition to 'bad' boyfriend, Ben. Triangles are more interesting than domestic bliss (especially at this stage of the game).

What's Jacob Ifan from "Cuffs" doing?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34December 19, 2019 7:39 PM

I think Callum should definitely meet a hot older gay cop when he does his training, I'd like to see a built, confident, masculine, completely comfortable in his sexuality, unapologetic type of gay guy on TV for a change.

by Anonymousreply 35December 20, 2019 1:20 PM

I'm kind of glad. Callum just came out and needs to be out there dating around and not setting into a long term relationship with his first boyfriend.

by Anonymousreply 36December 20, 2019 1:24 PM

That would be great R35! And I totally agree R36. Callum's already wasted enough time in the closet. He needs to explore his sexuality for awhile. .

by Anonymousreply 37December 20, 2019 6:13 PM

I am here for bearded, angry Martin. He’s very hot.

by Anonymousreply 38December 22, 2019 7:14 AM

Are Martin and Tubbs fucking in the back of the van yet?

by Anonymousreply 39December 22, 2019 5:52 PM

I'm glad to see Callum dating around.

by Anonymousreply 40December 23, 2019 12:14 AM

Me too, r40. Callum came out and pretty much just jumped into a relationship with Ben. It's good for him to explore what, and who, else is out there while Ben's rejecting him

by Anonymousreply 41December 23, 2019 1:09 AM

I thought of DL when Phil told Sharon she was dead to him. I spend waaay too much time here.

by Anonymousreply 42December 25, 2019 9:31 PM

and they killed off Keanu. I'm glad Louise was part of the plan

by Anonymousreply 43December 25, 2019 10:02 PM

R43 Don't you imagine Keanu's shooting was faked, or at least, the bullet didn't actually kill him?

Weren't there spoiler photos taken of Keanu and Karen filming at the airport? .. And what about the photos where Martin has Linda? .. She was wearing the same Santa outfit we've seen her in. Was she passed out drunk in the back of the van or something?

But yeah, the Louise reveal was a nice surprise. btw - She must have taken advantage of Walford General's Spray Tan Clinic while she was in hospital.

by Anonymousreply 44December 25, 2019 10:27 PM

Poor Ben.

by Anonymousreply 45December 26, 2019 7:42 PM

I have little to no sympathy for Ben.

by Anonymousreply 46December 27, 2019 12:01 AM

Of course, we knew they faked Keanu's murder, but I WAS very nicely surprised when Linda got totally frustrated with the boys and just grabbed the gun and shot Keanu herself. Made me laugh out loud, literally.

But how did they expect Keanu to just show up at some hospital without his bullet wound being reported to the police? Recall, it wasn't that long ago when Mick got shot by Halfiwt during The Big Heist, and that was the very reason they gave as to why Mick couldn't go to the hospital, with them enlisting Mariam to perform the surgery at the Queen Vic.

by Anonymousreply 47January 2, 2020 10:12 PM

Friday January 17 ....

[quote] Rainie Branning sets Callum Highway up on a date.

by Anonymousreply 48January 7, 2020 8:39 AM

R29 it’s good that HW finally remembered Martin’s original characterisation. I was getting sick of pretending to believe that he was a Zen drippy heroic nice-guy through & through when that was never the point of him. In his original scripts he was written as a shouty, passionate person who lacked in both intellect & moral firmness what he made up in intensity & earnestness. He was always easy to coerce but even easier to trigger, and that’s what made him so perfect for a dramatic soap opera. I understand that like all men he’s matured some since his twenties, but people don’t change personalities so drasticallt as it seemed he had for a while. I’m glad that he’s been reset back, and hope that other legacy characters benefit from the same.

R3 Stacey is a harridan, but Sonia isn’t a lesbian and I don’t know why creative & fans keep insisting that she is. At best she’s a woman-leaning bisexual, though I’d sooner put her at Kinsey 2 or 3 given that she lived blissfully married to a man for almost a decade (and by all subtextual indication still has feelings for that same man to this day...)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49January 7, 2020 9:34 AM

R30 yes go OFF 👏👏👏👏👏

Ben & Johnny had way more chemistry and they were just FWB rebounds. We were shown that they cared about one another, instead of just being told. Imagine if the same effort & screentime had been invested into Bonny as Ballum? Maybe Johnny will be back someday soon..🙏

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50January 7, 2020 9:46 AM

^^js...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51January 7, 2020 9:47 AM

^hmmm nothing to see here

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52January 7, 2020 9:50 AM

I smell queer

by Anonymousreply 53January 7, 2020 10:05 AM

Louise Mitchell has turned into a Soprano character.

by Anonymousreply 54January 7, 2020 4:42 PM

Louise is also exiting the show. How is she going out?

by Anonymousreply 55January 7, 2020 4:46 PM

I smell boredom.

by Anonymousreply 56January 7, 2020 9:46 PM

Louise isn't as steely as she makes out.

And Martin's back selling fruit and veg.

by Anonymousreply 57January 8, 2020 7:15 PM

Forget Ballum.

I only watch to enjoy the gorgeous Gray!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58January 8, 2020 8:33 PM

The problem with the the delightful Crazy Gray is that he is paired with slime puppy Leo.

by Anonymousreply 59January 9, 2020 4:56 AM

R59 Gray canned Leo, so they no longer work together.

Leo opened a market stall selling protein shakes, so he can be in Whitney's face everyday.

He's now Kush and Martin's problem.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60January 9, 2020 5:26 AM

Um, Leo as the ham in a Martin and Kush sammich.

by Anonymousreply 61January 9, 2020 11:56 AM

^^^ That might 'cure' Leo of his obsession with Twit.

by Anonymousreply 62January 9, 2020 6:04 PM

I thought EE was supposed to introduce a new bi character?

by Anonymousreply 63January 9, 2020 7:19 PM

R63 I assumed that was the Ash Kaur (Panesar) character.

by Anonymousreply 64January 9, 2020 8:17 PM

I really do think Gray will murder Chantelle. They have to step this up a notch to differentiate it from the Trevor/Mo abuse storyline.

by Anonymousreply 65January 9, 2020 8:20 PM

Kathy owns a cafe and bar, but she can't even rent her own place to live? Kudos to Ian for choosing friendship over his mother. She's generally an annoying nag.

by Anonymousreply 66January 11, 2020 9:49 PM

I hope the rumor is true that we might actually find out a bit about what the fuck Kathy was up to in those years when she pretended to be dead.

by Anonymousreply 67January 11, 2020 10:06 PM

Someone's going to die in the river!

(Thank got it won't be Lance or Cole! They'll be at the 2020 Sitges Carnival that week.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68January 15, 2020 1:35 AM

Couldn’t it be Keanu?

by Anonymousreply 69January 15, 2020 9:10 PM

I might be wrong, but didn't Mitch recently mention something about never having learned to swim?

I could see him witnessing something between Chantelle and Gray on the boat, and when he later confronts Gray, he ends up going "accidentally" overboard.

by Anonymousreply 70January 16, 2020 12:10 AM

God, I hope so. Mitch has been a total waste of space.

by Anonymousreply 71January 16, 2020 11:14 AM

I think this is the second time Sharon's cataloged Phil's sexual peccadilloes, since the big reveal. But neither time have they had Sharon mention Phil's hook-up with Denise, which resulted in a baby. That wasn't that long ago, and Sharon stood by Phil and whatever decision he wanted to make about the baby. I get the idea that they don't want to point to the glaring hypocrisy going on here, because you'd think this would be the first thing she'd bring up.

by Anonymousreply 72January 16, 2020 10:19 PM

Good point, R72. Jesus. You’d think at least Kim would have pointed that out, if she was around, that is.

by Anonymousreply 73January 17, 2020 4:24 PM

Bowden on Lorraine.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74January 17, 2020 6:08 PM

Simon was played by DTC's husband, Paul Sloss.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75January 17, 2020 8:30 PM

if Callum doesn't want Simon, I will

by Anonymousreply 76January 17, 2020 9:31 PM

I'd take Simon too!

And I wonder if Simon knows the original "Hot Paramedic" named "Tom Pepper," who was similarly denied by Johnny?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77January 17, 2020 10:09 PM

R69 Keanu looks alive in the ambulance. In another scene, we've got Jack on hand when a body is pulled out of the water.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78January 17, 2020 10:43 PM

I'm 2 weeks behind - what have I missed?

by Anonymousreply 79January 18, 2020 7:53 PM

R79 You can read decent story catch-ups at whatsontv.co.uk. The link should list every episode from 1 January 2020 forward.

Most incredible from Friday's episode was Callum saying 'No' to Simon's tasty schlong when they met up at The Prince Albert. .. Seriously?!? He may not be gay after all! .. Even lesbian Tina was ready to jump on that, and Lance & Cole are already plotting a medical emergency to get paramedic Simon inside their flat for a three-way.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80January 18, 2020 8:32 PM

I’m pretty sure Keanu won’t survive the boat thingie.

by Anonymousreply 81January 18, 2020 9:23 PM

What did Jessie Wallace do to get herself suspended?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82January 26, 2020 9:03 AM

She’s an utter cunt, that’s why. And a drunk.

by Anonymousreply 83January 26, 2020 1:04 PM

Hallelujah ... Boring Bex is leaving.

One source is calling it "Bexit" .. lol!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84February 2, 2020 10:18 PM

The trailer is kinda dull (imo). (If I were a lapsed viewer, I don't think this would get me excited enough to tune in.)

Laughing with the commenter who's sick of the "fam-er-lee" shtick.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85February 10, 2020 11:56 PM

I hope Denny’s the one who gets killed next week. Bleu Landau has a stupid name and zero acting talent.

by Anonymousreply 86February 11, 2020 12:16 AM

I am annoyed that I started hate-watching EastEnders again.

by Anonymousreply 87February 11, 2020 12:44 AM

This promo is a little better, but really short.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88February 11, 2020 3:23 AM

Seeing Ian underwater in the boat gives me hope.

I hope Linda survives. I despised sober Linda. Drunk Linda is so despicable, I love her. Hope they don't do an instantaneous clean-up, a la Rainey.

by Anonymousreply 89February 11, 2020 3:32 AM

There’s a lot of speculation that Linda will go glug glug and I don’t mean from booze.

by Anonymousreply 90February 11, 2020 3:50 AM

The head bobbing up/down in the river water definitely looks like it belongs to a man to me. Here's a screencap at the10 second mark.

Meanwhile, Mick and Linda look like they're trapped in some enclosed space in the boat, which is filling with water? Ian to the rescue? (Maybe it's a good thing Ian gave Mick swimming lessons back in 2014 .. lol!)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91February 11, 2020 7:50 AM

The drowned guy is probably that sick old guy Jean is dating.

by Anonymousreply 92February 12, 2020 12:26 AM

If that happens what a fucking copout it would be.

by Anonymousreply 93February 12, 2020 12:27 AM

As a huge fan of The Young Ones, it's so weird seeing Vivian on a soap.

by Anonymousreply 94February 12, 2020 12:50 AM

I've kinda gotten that impression that Daniel and Jean aren't on the river cruise, and they're part of "the drama going on back in Walford." .. Plus, yesterday, Daniel kinda put the kibosh on using the tickets that Jean had secured to be on the boat, and later on, he even gifted them to Raine, so that she and Stuart could go.

by Anonymousreply 95February 12, 2020 1:00 AM

I expect it will be Keanu in the river.

by Anonymousreply 96February 14, 2020 1:20 PM

I don’t think it will be Keanu because it appears that Gray will murder Chantelle and they won’t have Karen suffer that grief overload.

by Anonymousreply 97February 14, 2020 4:32 PM

Another promo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98February 14, 2020 10:56 PM

Linda's an asshole. That's all.

by Anonymousreply 99February 14, 2020 10:59 PM

Glaringly odd that they're not having Linda's favorite Sausage come down from Manchester to check out her assholery. At this point, adding NuJohnny to the cast would make more sense than bringing in NuPeter. Jonathan could take a job with Gray. Also, where's Linda's mother, Elaine? She's just over in Watford. You'd think Mick would try to involve Linda's mum in some kind of intervention.

by Anonymousreply 100February 14, 2020 11:38 PM

Maybe that Chinese lady will infect the boat with coronavirus?

by Anonymousreply 101February 18, 2020 10:09 PM

That quick shot in the beginning was Ian in the river.

Poor Thames. I imagine he'll shit his pants.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102February 19, 2020 1:06 AM

Anyone else think that Ian will end up nearly losing his life in order to save Denny?

by Anonymousreply 103February 19, 2020 2:44 PM

Sorry, R103, but do we care? I don’t give a shit about Ian or Denny. I hope Denny dies. What other reason would Sharon have to turn to Ian? I can see them marrying and she later finds out his role in Denny’s death. The keys Ian dropped would no doubt be a tip-off. I do think it would be fun to see Sharon and Ian as a married couple for a while, at least until Christmas.

by Anonymousreply 104February 19, 2020 5:09 PM

R104 - I was coming from the point-of-view that, although things. look bright now, Denny's trapped and Ian is the only one who knows, and Ian's sinking in the Thames, but, oh, hell, they'll both be saved.

by Anonymousreply 105February 19, 2020 6:10 PM

I could see them going for the melodramatic juxtaposition of having Sharon's precious Denny die while she gives birth to another.

by Anonymousreply 106February 19, 2020 6:10 PM

R105, I’m not so sure about that. Ian trying to save Denny (and failing) would be a component in Sharon turning to Ian. We’ve gotten a lot of hints already that they’re going in this direction. How else could it happen under any other circumstances?

by Anonymousreply 107February 19, 2020 8:25 PM

I can't believe the woman playing Ian's mother as his mother. She looks way younger and healthier than he does.

by Anonymousreply 108February 19, 2020 11:24 PM

June Brown (Dot) says she wrote a limerick about her last appearance:

[quote] I went back to do a good story. Alas and alack, when I got back it had gone up in smoke. I got a small part, a very small part. And that ended up as a big wet fart. Alas and alack, I will never go back.

by Anonymousreply 109February 20, 2020 10:43 PM

So, Callum couldn’t muster the energy to let Shirley know he was there? Really?

by Anonymousreply 110February 20, 2020 11:51 PM

Where is the limerick?

by Anonymousreply 111February 21, 2020 12:46 AM

R111

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112February 21, 2020 12:55 AM

Okay, but where is the limerick?

by Anonymousreply 113February 21, 2020 12:59 AM

"Limerick" is rather specific.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114February 21, 2020 1:02 AM

I know what a limerick is, R114. I can't help it, if she doesn't.

by Anonymousreply 115February 21, 2020 1:22 AM

She said it on a podcast.

by Anonymousreply 116February 21, 2020 1:39 AM

Not-so Precious Denny, RIP.

Hot NuPeter looks about 6'4.

The episode was a bit too frenetic.

by Anonymousreply 117February 21, 2020 8:12 PM

So I guess they didn't have Ben go looking for Callum at the warehouse, 'cuz he wouldn't be able to hear him regardless, as he seems like he's deaf. .. Lost his hearing aid in the water or something?

Though, by this time, he'd probably be able to smell Callum.

by Anonymousreply 118February 21, 2020 9:23 PM

Poor, poor Sharon. I kinda suspected they would kill of who they did as it opens a fresh storylines for Ian, Phil, Ben etc. I kinda wish it had been Phil who broke the news though.

Since he caused the boat crash and inadvertently set up Dennis to be stabbed to death, Phil really does continue to wreck Sharon's life.

by Anonymousreply 119February 21, 2020 9:36 PM

Thank god they killed Denny, That kid’s “acting” totally sucked. Maybe if he goes go lessons and learns how to deliver lines not in a flat monotone maybe he’ll get on Sex Education Season 3. He is a good looking kid.

The potential for Ian and Sharon now as a (married) couple in immense.

by Anonymousreply 120February 21, 2020 10:04 PM

Once upon a time...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121February 21, 2020 10:13 PM

Will Sharon go mute again like she did when Dennis was stabbed to death?

by Anonymousreply 122February 21, 2020 10:25 PM

I wonder if/when Sharon will check her phone and get the message from Denny about Ian locking him a room on the boat saying he was trapped and couldn't get out. Will someone intercept it?

by Anonymousreply 123February 21, 2020 10:38 PM

Ian causing Denny's death means that a Sharon-Ian romance is inevitable.

by Anonymousreply 124February 21, 2020 10:40 PM

Dude. Ian killed Denny.

by Anonymousreply 125February 21, 2020 10:42 PM

Imagine going from this to Ian Beale..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126February 21, 2020 10:44 PM

Imagine going from this to Ian Beale..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127February 21, 2020 10:44 PM

Well, she already when from Phil to that.

by Anonymousreply 128February 21, 2020 11:32 PM

If this were an American soap, Ian would not own up to having caused Denny's death and he and Sharon will end up betrothed. Someone will find out what happened eventually, and then we get the drama when Sharon finds out what happened.

by Anonymousreply 129February 21, 2020 11:42 PM

With Ian, Sharon could just relax and let herself go, i.e. not worry about her weight, stop with the bleaching and hair extensions, and forget about slapping on five pounds of makeup and eyelashes every day. .. And now that she's over 50, wearing flats would probably be better for her back as well.

by Anonymousreply 130February 22, 2020 12:29 AM

R122, the reason Sharon went mute after Dennis’ death was because Leticia Dean was so distraught at her marriage ending that she couldn’t get out any dialogue at all and they had to re-write her as nearly catatonic. I doubt she’ll be as mute this time.

by Anonymousreply 131February 22, 2020 12:37 AM

Can someone remind me how Phil and Keanu knew about the booze cruise?

by Anonymousreply 132February 22, 2020 12:55 AM

I seem to recall Keanu noticing something was going on and he asked someone (Karen?) about it.

by Anonymousreply 133February 22, 2020 12:57 AM

R132 Keanu went to the booze cruise, because that's where Denny told him he was going when they'd had their encounter in the square. Once Sharon dumped Keanu, because of Denny, I assume Keanu went to the boat to try to change Dennis' mind about not wanting to go away ... as a way to get Sharon to change hers.

Phil went to the booze cruise, because after Billy knocked Phil out in Karen's flat, Billy and Karen were talking about secrets and their relationship, and Billy told Karen that he'd also just encountered not-dead Keanu, so that was another secret. Billy added that during this encounter, Keanu had mentioned that he was on his way to the boat. Right after that, Billy and Karen looked over and discovered that Phil had regained consciousness and left. The implication was that Phil had overheard what they'd said and took off to hunt down Keanu on the boat.

by Anonymousreply 134February 22, 2020 2:03 AM

R132 fascinating, can you tell any more? I remember reading this before and wonder what happened. Her appearance also suffered at this time, did they have yo change a lot of the script?

by Anonymousreply 135February 22, 2020 3:28 AM

How come Keanu just left without checking if Halfway was alive or dead?

by Anonymousreply 136February 22, 2020 10:46 AM

He left Halfway very early. It looked as if he had no plans to return (Callum was yelling for him not to leave him there) and, at that point Callum started trying to save himself. This happened before Keanu's run-in with Denny.

by Anonymousreply 137February 22, 2020 3:36 PM

R135, a friend of mine who worked on the show at the time told me that everything had to be re-written, even a confrontation between Sharon and Phil over Dennis’ death. Poor Tish was a basket case and had to be spoonfed the few lines of dialogue they did give her.

by Anonymousreply 138February 22, 2020 3:49 PM

R138 thank you for replying. Do you know what the original idea was meant to be? Was the build up to Dennis' stabbing changed to? Sharon was played as quite passive in those last few weeks before she fled to Florida in early 2006.

by Anonymousreply 139February 22, 2020 6:00 PM

She was to find out Phil's role leading up to Dennis' stabbing, she was to tell him she never wanted to see him again and then she'd go off to Florida.

by Anonymousreply 140February 22, 2020 6:18 PM

I don't think the build-up to Dennis' stabbing was altered.

by Anonymousreply 141February 22, 2020 6:19 PM

R136 When Keanu learned that Shirley couldn't find Callum where Keanu said he'd be, Keanu's assumption was that Callum had freed himself and gotten out on his own. I think that's the belief Keanu's working under, so in his mind there's no need to go back. .. Plus, Keanu probably wants to get out of Dodge ASAP, or face being arrested for Callum's kidnapping, as well as being party to the assault of the boat captain and all events which followed once the unmanned vessel crashed into the barge.

by Anonymousreply 142February 22, 2020 6:53 PM

How many cringeworthy Ian Beale weeping, wailing, face-scrunching scenes do we have to look forward to?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 143February 23, 2020 8:24 PM

R143, Woodyatt’s ugly crying face was unbearable to watch when Lucy died. And that scene of Ian falling into Phil’s arms was a huge pile of bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 144February 23, 2020 9:29 PM

Posting the always funny "No offense, Syed" video because I think it was the first time we heard about Phil and barmaid Tracy having hooked up. The way guys gossip, I'm surprised Mo didn't already know about that .. lol!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 145February 23, 2020 11:44 PM

looks like Ben is going to have a deaf storyline

by Anonymousreply 146February 23, 2020 11:51 PM

Sooo funny how the posting on the EastEnders dropped off after Halfway and Ben got together.

by Anonymousreply 147February 24, 2020 3:44 AM

I'm not really into "Ballum" - but in terms of DL traffic - it's pretty clear that all of the soap threads have dropped off considerably, since the you-know-what policy was instituted here last Fall; so there's that factor as well.

by Anonymousreply 148February 24, 2020 7:17 PM

What's next for Sharon?

by Anonymousreply 149February 24, 2020 10:06 PM

Actually, OP, you've been #GayBalled

by Anonymousreply 150February 24, 2020 10:28 PM

Gin & Regret, r149.

Let's hope she's not breastfeeding.

by Anonymousreply 151February 24, 2020 10:30 PM

R150 R151

by Anonymousreply 152February 24, 2020 11:10 PM

Where will Peter work? The fruit & veg stall is taken.

Maybe Kathy can hire him to be a topless waiter or go-go dancer at The Prince Albert.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 153February 25, 2020 2:26 AM

r153 is that nu-peter? Woof!

by Anonymousreply 154February 25, 2020 3:07 AM

Yep, R154 ... he's a furry blond.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155February 25, 2020 4:01 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156February 25, 2020 4:02 AM

Phil and Ian are two of the most unattractive men to ever be on a soap. I just don’t see how Phil was able to knock up so many moderately attractive women.

by Anonymousreply 157February 25, 2020 5:31 AM

Phil is the "Capo de Tutti Capi" of Walford . . . . . . .

How could any woman resist the power ?

by Anonymousreply 158February 25, 2020 3:45 PM

R158

by Anonymousreply 159February 26, 2020 1:35 AM

R159

by Anonymousreply 160February 26, 2020 4:34 PM

Sharon seemed to take the news that Phil caused the boat to crash very calmly. I was kinda right, she's almost mute again in her grief.

by Anonymousreply 161February 26, 2020 5:30 PM

Phil should get beaten within an inch of his life, recover, and end up in a wheelchair. When he comes out of his coma, he won't remember who attacked him. The suspect list will be a mile long. And the police won't even care who did it.

😞 And since no one is willing to care for him he ends up in a nursing home.

by Anonymousreply 162February 27, 2020 10:26 PM

I knew it! Even without hearing, Ben would be the one to hear Callum's cries for help. Now it's time for Ben to be all 'I'm no good for Callum."

If I were a writer, I'd throw a wrench into the whole thing. Add a new character that's uncomplicated and put him together with Halfway. Maybe write them off the show to put them out of Ben's orbit.

by Anonymousreply 163February 28, 2020 4:34 AM

They should give Halfway a hot cop buddy who convinces him to join the UK National LGBT Police Network and they also begin working out at the gym together.

by Anonymousreply 164February 28, 2020 6:15 AM

I'm with Ian ... Sharon's not really going to call the baby "Kaden," is she?

Cadan, Caedan, Caeden, Caedon, Caedyn, Caiden, Caidon, Caydan, Cayden, Kadan, Kaden, Kadeen, Kadein, Kaedan, Kaeden, Kaedin, Kaedon, Kaedyn, Kaiden, Kaidin, Kaydan, Kayden Kaidyn

They're flooding the schools. We're now starting to see it spelled with 'Q' as well.

by Anonymousreply 165February 28, 2020 7:46 PM

Sharon is too classy to have a kid called Kaden.

by Anonymousreply 166February 28, 2020 8:20 PM

Even worse, on the closed-captions they're spelling it "Kayden."

New Peter is a stud. .. And yes, he most certainly would be "eaten alive" at The Prince Albert. .. With him being so tall, he could probably serve three.

They must have used an entire bottle of baby oil on Keegan's chest to make him appear "wet." It didn't look like water at all .. lol! .. I'm surprised Tiff didn't ask him if he'd been in the bathroom busting a nut.

I see Bowden decided to take a page out of Harry Reid's penchant for wildly-exaggerated overacting and 'emoting' in that final scene today. By the time he put his head in the dish drainer and punched the colander, I was laughing.

And since Sharon hasn't gotten Denny's last message to her from when he was on the boat, that means she hasn't checked her phone in a week? Right.

by Anonymousreply 167February 28, 2020 9:11 PM

Maybe Ian hid her charger?

by Anonymousreply 168February 28, 2020 9:48 PM

“Kayden”? Sharon’s not a chav.

by Anonymousreply 169March 1, 2020 6:34 AM

I see wiki is already referring to the baby as "Kayden Watts." .. Do TPTB think that's "clever" because the name's second syllable is "DEN" ??

by Anonymousreply 170March 1, 2020 7:29 PM

No doubt they do

by Anonymousreply 171March 2, 2020 6:52 PM

One of the writers, Daran Little, has deactivated his Twitter account because he was being set upon by Ballum harpies. Too bad, although I still remember his early days on Twitter where he was bragging about his sexcapades with rent boys and strippers.

by Anonymousreply 172March 3, 2020 3:27 PM

Has Sharon laid into Phil yet for killing her "Denny"?

by Anonymousreply 173March 3, 2020 6:28 PM

[quote] One of the writers, Daran Little, has deactivated his Twitter account because he was being set upon by Ballum harpies.

So the insane Robron crowd have completely taken over? ugh.

Now, I pray more than ever that Callum has another guy on deck. Hate this Ben being the only guy he's ever been with nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 174March 3, 2020 8:05 PM

Callum can do better than fat little Ben

by Anonymousreply 175March 3, 2020 8:15 PM

Why have they fucked up what could have been a great dramatic opportunity for Sharon? No way would she not have confronted Phil already.

by Anonymousreply 176March 5, 2020 10:22 AM

With Phil having kicked Sharon to the curb vowing she'll get nothing, I wonder if Sharon will serve Phil with a wrongful death lawsuit for causing the boat crash that killed her son.

by Anonymousreply 177March 5, 2020 10:46 AM

So Peter works as a personal trainer now and just got two new clients. Intriguing.

Can we assume that he advertises his services by being an instagram ho as well?

by Anonymousreply 178March 6, 2020 11:07 AM

Lexi seems like she should be old (and smart) enough to know not to stand behind cars that are running and about to move.

Gray .. so just how incompetent is he? .. No law courses here, and I think I could have done a better job at Whit's bail hearing than he did.

Speaking of Whit, after this one's over, can this please be her last poor pitiful story for a long long time. I found the final scene of her throwing food, screaming and pounding on the door rather eye-rolling. And has anyone called Ryan to tell him that his sister is on trial for murder?

At least Debbie Downer Bex is gone.

by Anonymousreply 179March 8, 2020 3:16 AM

If this COVID-19 measure regarding pubs happens in real life, I wonder if EE will depict it and close the Queen Vic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 180March 15, 2020 5:09 AM

The bail hearing was ridiculous. She was not a flight risk. Soap opera drama.

by Anonymousreply 181March 15, 2020 10:34 AM

I think the show itself will have to shut down in the near future. Maybe they should be filming a cliffhanger to air in late May.

by Anonymousreply 182March 15, 2020 10:02 PM

Nu Peter is hot but I can’t decide if he can act or not

by Anonymousreply 183March 16, 2020 7:26 AM

I think NuPeter is hot, and I think he can act. I'm just not all that thrilled with any of the potential romantic choices for him currently on the canvas.

I also chuckle when he's in Ian's house, and he has to bend his head down when going through doorways to prevent bumping it.

by Anonymousreply 184March 16, 2020 9:41 AM

Am I bad for wanting to be beaten by Grey?

by Anonymousreply 185March 17, 2020 1:41 AM

Good scene with Sharon and Denise.

by Anonymousreply 186March 18, 2020 2:33 AM

As expected, due to the pandemic, BBC is shutting down its serial dramas (EastEnders, Holby City, Casualty, Doctors, River City and Pobol y Cwm).

by Anonymousreply 187March 18, 2020 10:13 AM

Are they also going to shut down Hollyoaks? So far I haven't heard that ITV will shut down Corrie and Emmerdale.

by Anonymousreply 188March 18, 2020 10:31 AM

EE also just announced they will only be broadcasting TWO episodes per week. Episodes will now air on Mondays, 8pm and Tuesdays, 7.30pm.

(Corrie and Emmerdale are also reducing the number episodes they broadcast per week.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 189March 18, 2020 7:14 PM

I wonder if that cunt Jessie Wallace had returned to work before the shutdown. I don’t think Lacey Turner had.

by Anonymousreply 190March 18, 2020 8:47 PM

[quote] throw a wrench into the whole thing. Add a new character that's uncomplicated and put him together with Halfway. Maybe write them off the show to put them out of Ben's orbit.

Yes! Course-correct the whole shebang, back to what it should be by now and what is was meant to be from the start.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 191March 18, 2020 9:15 PM

R188 Hollyoaks is going to continue with some production, but will begin broadcasting only 3 episodes per week (Mon. Tues. Wed) to extend the time for current episodes already filmed to air. They've also said that if they eventually shut down and run out of episodes, they'll fill the slot with past "favorite" episodes material .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 192March 19, 2020 10:37 PM

With all these plague victims about to pile up, Callum & Jay’s work at the funeral parlour should be cut out for them. I’m assuming that by May they’ll have come to fore once again, assuming EastEnders is still filming and airing at all.

It’s always tough watching storylines about funerals & burials there, though, because the name over the door is a constant reminder that Billy went back to the dark side, poor sweet tragic Paul is still needlessly dead and lovely Pam is gone.

by Anonymousreply 193March 21, 2020 1:30 PM

Stuart & Rainie work with Jay at the funeral parlor now. They'll probably have to coordinate more cremations (as they're doing in Italy). .. Hasn't Callum left the funeral biz to train as a copper? If/when he gets his badge, they'll probably give him a face mask (if they still have any). His first arrest will be Mo, who's running some COVID-19 test kit scam.

by Anonymousreply 194March 21, 2020 9:09 PM

From a former EE writer:

I have always found it fascinating when a soap opera becomes completely divorced from reality, as it must be in our current situation. Society is going to change completely. How can a show like EastEnders reflect that if it hasn’t appeared in the storyline?

by Anonymousreply 195March 21, 2020 10:14 PM

What R195 said.

by Anonymousreply 196March 22, 2020 2:33 PM

I had a dream last night that Steve McFadden (Phil) died from Coronavirus. Weird.

At least the actors are being paid something during this difficult time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 197April 8, 2020 2:50 PM

Could OP or someone who’s actually a fan of this pairing quickly summarise or bullet-point this relationship’s flashpoint? Nothing detailed, just a little overview of the important moments. Cba to watch the five-hour YouTube playlist and I daren’t ask the rabid fangirls on Twitter & Tumblr.

Basically I’m looking to jump back into the show for a short while to restore some banal normalcy to existence, though I punched out of EE promising never to return about three years ago (around Summer/Autumn 2017) when my life got busy and I got angry because Johnny left the Square so anticlimactically. I’ll probably watch five new episodes and punch out again because I am taking better care of myself and my patience is more limited these days, but I will reserve judgment and see if this couple can convince me now ils sont établi. Full disclosure I HATED what little I saw of the start of Ballum, the intro/hook-up/secrecy stuff, as it felt like a massive backward step from Ben’s relationship with Paul and even Johnny.

by Anonymousreply 198April 9, 2020 2:33 PM

Don’t bother, R198. Ballum is UNBEARABLE now.

by Anonymousreply 199April 9, 2020 7:14 PM

R199 Full disclosure I HATED what little I saw of the start of Ballum, the intro/hook-up/secrecy stuff ....

Sorry, I'm no big fan myself, so can't help with your request; they're certainly not why I'm still watching.

On another note, please tell me they're not going to waste Peter on Dotty.

by Anonymousreply 200April 9, 2020 8:44 PM

Callum has beautiful thighs.

by Anonymousreply 201April 9, 2020 9:36 PM

R198 Ballum stopped becoming interesting once they went public. They’re a pretty boring couple and Ben is at his most irritating.

by Anonymousreply 202April 13, 2020 12:40 AM

Good god, the guy who plays Gray can’t act at all. That scene in the Vic with Leo’s mother was really bad.

by Anonymousreply 203April 15, 2020 2:19 AM

I'm bored with anything involving Whitney's case. Can this please be the LAST storyline revolving around her childhood abuse? They need to move beyond Poor Pitiful Whit.

Also, I'm not enjoying Perpetually Angry Keegan. .. And what is this now? The fourth or fifth time he's been racially-profiled and falsely arrested?

The Panesars aren't grabbing me. They're not horrible, but I also don't look forward to their scenes. And yes, let's have Iqra dump Ash. That works for me.

And please, let's not turn this into the Dotty Cotton show like they did with the overexposed Haley Slater.

btw - Phil dissing "away with the fairies Paul" to Callum actually makes me miss having a kind spirit like Paul on the scene.

by Anonymousreply 204April 15, 2020 3:26 AM

I do think the actress playing Dotty is more compelling than the one who played Hayley. And way more...uhhh...telegenic.

The girl who plays Ash is attractive and appealing but a pretty weak actress. I’m nit buying this “dark side” to her character. It’s probably linked to her gangster daddy, who will no doubt be showing up at some point.

Sharon is totally playing the long game with Phil.

by Anonymousreply 205April 15, 2020 4:44 AM

Kheerat is handsome. I appreciate more handsome brown men on Eastenders. Kush shouldn't be the only one. Vinny is ok too. The fat one, not so much.

by Anonymousreply 206April 15, 2020 9:59 AM

Kheerat is gonna fuck Chantal at some point

by Anonymousreply 207April 15, 2020 10:04 AM

I would prefer a Kheerat/Kush hookup. Yummers!

by Anonymousreply 208April 15, 2020 10:08 AM

I would prefer a Peter/Kush hookup. PUSH!

by Anonymousreply 209April 15, 2020 4:55 PM

ZZZzzz

by Anonymousreply 210April 26, 2020 10:25 PM

Will Walford portray "the new normal" when production starts up again? I've read Corrie plans to have the virus exist in Weatherfield.

Kathy's Cafe and Walford East might have to be take-out and delivery only. The Prince Albert might have to close down as an after dark club and just do the daytime vegan cafe, take-out only.

It's a good thing Ruby is wealthy, otherwise her nightclub could go under.

And it's really not a great time to be thinking about getting back into the pub business, Phil. The real news has said pubs might be the last places to open. So many of them are failing anyway.

The Arches can pick up cars, repair them, and deliver them sanitized.

Nurse Sonia and cops Callum and Jack will have to be fitted with personal protective gear.

Perhaps The Slaters and The Panesars can merge their janitorial and extermination businesses and become Sanitizing Central.

Teacher Isaac might have to begin work a staggered shift.

The Laundromat can do fluff and fold service only. Ring the doorbell for drop-off and pick-up.

Peter's personal training business might actually boom, if people don't want to go to a regular gym. Of course, he'll have to practice appropriate social distancing. It's okay to be shirtless, though, right?

Not sure what to do about the street market. Will they be allowed? I could see them having one entrance and one exit with gatekeepers only allowing so many shoppers in at a time.

Oh, and maybe this could be an opportunity to kill a character or two off.

by Anonymousreply 211May 7, 2020 8:19 PM

They have to address the pandemic. If they don’t then Walford exists in an alternate universe and the show has always banged on about how much it “reflects reality.”

by Anonymousreply 212May 7, 2020 8:47 PM

R212 That's how I feel, especially with this soap.

by Anonymousreply 213May 7, 2020 9:44 PM

Anybody who thinks this show will resume production before July at the very earliest is living in a dreamworld.

by Anonymousreply 214May 10, 2020 6:47 PM

The soaps have apparently been given the green light to proceed with production but I think it will take at least a month for them to prepare. And I’m guessing there will be more than a few actors who will feel skittish about returning when the amount of new cases and deaths are nowhere near low enough yet.

by Anonymousreply 215May 12, 2020 6:21 PM

Since Jordi and Greg both had the COVID, I suggest Y&R use these two and have them begin a clandestine relationship while working together on a police matter. .. They can provide the intimacy and sex factor for the soap, with Rey pounding Kevin with great vigor.

by Anonymousreply 216May 12, 2020 6:33 PM

I don't know what they cut from Tuesday's episode to fit the time requirement, but they should have clipped everything related to the Rainbow Gardens story. That was one of Bell's absolute worst.

by Anonymousreply 217May 12, 2020 6:43 PM

^^^ Okay, WTH is going on with DL ??

Please ignore posts R216, R217. .. I wasn't even on this thread, and I post, and suddenly end up here?

Sorry .. but I didn't do that .. lol!

by Anonymousreply 218May 12, 2020 6:57 PM

Hey, at least they were soap related!

by Anonymousreply 219May 12, 2020 9:22 PM

They should've made "Frankie" a hot blond twink who agrees to try to help Ben, but in the process sets out to comfort Callum in more ways than one.

by Anonymousreply 220May 12, 2020 9:46 PM

BBC says EastEnders production will re-start before the end of June.

Actors will be doing their own hair and make-up. .. That could be interesting .. lol!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 221May 15, 2020 9:14 PM

Good luck with that.

by Anonymousreply 222May 15, 2020 11:20 PM

COVID will be referenced in storylines, And they'll be running out of episodes pretty soon now, so there will be a gap before any new stuff airs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 223May 18, 2020 6:41 AM

Depending on how soon the shows run out, they could make Ben's fever a COVID infection.

I'm getting tired of Ben. He never listens to anyone.

by Anonymousreply 224May 19, 2020 5:57 PM

R224 What was with Ben telling Phil that he could get the police raid info from Callum via pillow talk, with Callum not even knowing what he was doing, but then he basically just asks Callum outright to spill or obtain the info for him? Such a stupid scene. He had to know how Callum would react.

Other observations .. I could give a sh#t if Rainie and Stuart have the wedding of their dreams. Blech. .. So Isaac's another alcoholic? No thank you. .. ANOTHER health problem for Jean is just plain intolerable. .. And FREE KUSH. I hate seeing him in this mess.

by Anonymousreply 225May 19, 2020 6:11 PM

Also, meant to add, it's hard to empathize with Keegan and feel for the racial discrimination he's dealing with when he proves himself to be SO DAMN DUMB.

by Anonymousreply 226May 19, 2020 6:19 PM

I’ve always loathed Keegan and the actor playing him. And the show did an awful job “rehabilitating” him.

by Anonymousreply 227May 20, 2020 9:58 PM

I’ve always loathed Keegan and the actor playing him. And the show did an awful job “rehabilitating” him.

by Anonymousreply 228May 20, 2020 9:58 PM

Keegan's insufferable. Jack shows him the video of the restored video footage and his sour, ungrateful reply is: "You break the rules and show me this footage and you get off scott-free." WTF?

When Ben was with Paul, he was more than willing to build a life with his lover apart from having anything to do with the Mitchell family "business." .. The duo was going to take over Coker & Sons. .. But now he's back to the same old proving himself to Phil garbage again.

Jean's nuts. We get it.

Sharon can't get back soon enough, because honestly, I think that's the only story I'm interested in.

by Anonymousreply 229May 24, 2020 6:01 PM

Scrap all storylines in post COVID reboot?

I'd like to hear more, as I'm not really averse to that idea.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 230June 5, 2020 6:31 AM

It's a great fucking idea. They can kill Stacey off off-screen. Pair Martin and Kush. Bring back Angie and have her run the Vic with Sharon.

by Anonymousreply 231June 5, 2020 7:16 AM

Uhhh, R231, Angie died from cirrhosis of the liver. I would like to see Sharon in a dream sequence Face Timing with Angie as if she was still alive.

by Anonymousreply 232June 5, 2020 5:33 PM

If it's a real reboot she can be alive! Also bring back that guy from Spandau Ballet.

by Anonymousreply 233June 5, 2020 5:46 PM

It won’t be that kind of reboot, though, R233.

by Anonymousreply 234June 5, 2020 5:55 PM

Oh. Well that sucks. I've stopped watching EastEnders since isolation started because it has lost momentum.

by Anonymousreply 235June 5, 2020 8:09 PM

R235 I'm still watching, but I get your feeling about lack of momentum. .. And I don't think you're alone. I looked at the consolidated ratings for the last reported period, and they were at 4.8 and 4.6 million. I remember articles bemoaning 4.5 million when Yorke took over from O'Connor three years ago.

by Anonymousreply 236June 5, 2020 8:56 PM

If 42-year old Mick doesn't run the pub, what's he qualified to do to make a living? Gay daddy porn?

He and Linda are coming off even dumber than usual making this move so quickly without any kind of plan. It doesn't even sound like Linda's looked at the flat that Mick said he's going to put a deposit on.

by Anonymousreply 237June 9, 2020 7:00 PM

[quote]If 42-year old Mick doesn't run the pub, what's he qualified to do to make a living? Gay daddy porn?

We can only hope and pray!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 238June 9, 2020 7:29 PM

[quote]If 42-year old Mick doesn't run the pub, what's he qualified to do to make a living? Gay daddy porn?

We can only hope and pray!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 239June 9, 2020 7:29 PM

It looks like they won’t do a reboot but they will do a time jump between June 16th (last episode) and early September (first episode back).

by Anonymousreply 240June 9, 2020 8:59 PM

Gay daddy porn would certainly be a new and different story for EE to tackle.

Mick could also have a room at the new flat where he produces his own "Only Fans" show.

He tells Linda, " Don't come in when the red light outside the door is on. That's when I'm meditating and doing my breathing exercises to control my panic attacks."

I wonder if they'll boringly move him to the market where he can takeover Martin's job of selling fruit and veg? Although, I suppose avocados could become his specialty.

by Anonymousreply 241June 9, 2020 8:59 PM

I hope Stacey is not brought back.

by Anonymousreply 242June 9, 2020 9:56 PM

She’ll definitely be back at some point, R242. She’s very popular with both the fans and producers/writers/actors/crew.

by Anonymousreply 243June 9, 2020 10:46 PM

Besides Stacey, they can just write Kat off as well. I don't miss either of them.

Free Martin. Free Kush.

by Anonymousreply 244June 11, 2020 4:53 PM

Kat and Kush as a couple was an awful idea. Zero chemistry. Kush would never be interested in a trash like Kat.

by Anonymousreply 245June 11, 2020 5:35 PM

Kill Karen

by Anonymousreply 246June 11, 2020 7:23 PM

Karen is the female version of Keith Miller. Remember him? He was repulsive looking, too.

by Anonymousreply 247June 11, 2020 7:57 PM

I actually kind of like Karen and Billy. I'd ratter they kill Mitch.

by Anonymousreply 248June 11, 2020 8:06 PM

Mitch is so fucking boring. The actor was fine years ago when he was a detective popping in and out but he totally lacks the magnetism to play a regular character.

by Anonymousreply 249June 11, 2020 8:20 PM

I think Chantelle and Kheerat should become a couple. Start the re-boot with Gray stewing about being divorced and wanting revenge.

by Anonymousreply 250June 11, 2020 8:57 PM

Please, no. The actors who play Chantelle and Gray are terrible and they suck the oxygen out of every scene they’re in.

by Anonymousreply 251June 11, 2020 8:58 PM

Will EastEnders air "best of" episodes until filming resumes? Apparently, new episodes run out next Tuesday.

by Anonymousreply 252June 11, 2020 9:10 PM

Yes, R252. Also behind the scenes stuff.

by Anonymousreply 253June 11, 2020 9:44 PM

I want Gray to beat me.

by Anonymousreply 254June 12, 2020 2:45 AM

Now that Ruby's dumped him, Max is totally pointless.

Oh crap, I suppose they'll keep him around for when Stacey does return.

by Anonymousreply 255June 12, 2020 8:54 PM

I hope Stacey returns without that fucking daughter who looks like an old hag.

by Anonymousreply 256June 12, 2020 11:19 PM

Since Linda would prefer to not sell The Vic to Filth now, because of the way he's treating Sharon, it would be hilarious if the two women did an end run around him and got love struck Ian to loan Sharon the money to buy the pub. If Ian doesn't have that much cash, he could get a loan and use Max's half of Walford East that he's currently holding in his name as collateral. That would piss so many people off.

I'd love to hear Sharon Watts tell the old fart, "Get outta my pub!"

by Anonymousreply 257June 13, 2020 2:05 AM

I think Sharon and Ian will run it together, perhaps as a married couple. And on Christmas Day she’ll hand him divorce papers when she finds out his part in Denny’s death.

by Anonymousreply 258June 14, 2020 4:03 AM

And that’s a wrap on Season 1. They did a good job.

by Anonymousreply 259June 16, 2020 10:50 PM

I love how the end credits now read SHARON WATTS.

by Anonymousreply 260June 19, 2020 10:01 PM

I wonder if some characters will be missing when the second season starts in August or September.

by Anonymousreply 261June 19, 2020 10:24 PM

God, I hope Karen sent Mitch packing.

by Anonymousreply 262June 19, 2020 10:25 PM

Filming with social distancing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 263July 5, 2020 7:52 AM

All I care about right now is that fine ass Zach Morris as Keegan. That young man is GORGEOUS!

by Anonymousreply 264July 5, 2020 8:06 AM

R264, yes, he’s a good looking kid but a crap actor. And Keegan is a fucking awful character.

by Anonymousreply 265July 5, 2020 2:22 PM

r265, I don’t think Zach is a bad actor but the character is a nasty piece of shit. Hell, after all these years, so is Phil and Max.

by Anonymousreply 266July 5, 2020 6:10 PM

I was hoping that Monday's "Secrets from the Square" episode featuring Kush & Martin was going to preview a clandestine sex romp with them during the lockdown episdoes.

But they're predictably going to have Martin quarantined with horny Ruby, and even worse, waste Kush locked up in The Slater Cat House with all those old women and kids.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 267July 8, 2020 1:29 AM

I just started watching on BritBox. I’ve been watching the PBS broadcast since the mid 80s. We’re 11 years behind BritBox. Poor Kush (what a cutie). I see Jean Slater is still a hand full.

by Anonymousreply 268July 8, 2020 1:43 AM

Bump! That last scene with Queen Sharon and my boy Ian taking over the Queen Vic before that nasty ass Phil could was fucking awesome; one of the best Eastenders cliffhangers ever. I love the smile on Ian’s face. I’m always Team Ian when it comes to his rivalry with Phil.

by Anonymousreply 269July 12, 2020 4:52 PM

After watching Part 2 of the classic episode that they ran last week of Syed and Amira's wedding, I had to hunt down Part 1 of the episode. They really should have ran both parts.

Part 1 has some of the best lines in the Christian vs. Zainab showdown over Syed.

Zainab pretending that she's thinking like Christian: "Oh I know, I'll seduce that pretty Pakistani boy! Oh, that'll be fun!"

Christian's retort to Zainab telling him that what he does makes her feel "sick": "Well, it didn't make him feel sick. .. That's right Zainab, me and your perfect son, we have done it all .. and he LOVED it!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 270July 15, 2020 8:37 AM

Zainab was such a miserable controlling bitch. Suki isn’t that much better. Why does EastEnders portray East Indian matriarchs so badly? What’s up with that?

by Anonymousreply 271July 16, 2020 10:31 PM

I hope one of the “reboot” changes is that the Dottie Threatens Ian shit is dropped and better yet, she returns to university and leaves the Arches. Also Peter Beale needs to be a lot less wet.

by Anonymousreply 272July 16, 2020 10:37 PM

Zainab had her moments, though. Takes a bitch to slap another bitch down.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 273July 17, 2020 12:35 AM

Jessie Wallace really is an utter trainwreck.

I can’t believe the article described her as joining the show as “Alfie Moon’s girlfriend.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 274July 20, 2020 4:18 PM

She better not infect Davood.

I don't miss the character at all. They should just pack up the kids and send Kat away.

All the more reason to FREE KUSH!

by Anonymousreply 275July 20, 2020 9:35 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 276August 4, 2020 10:33 PM

Did she at least go to a dermatologist and a dentist?

by Anonymousreply 277August 5, 2020 4:50 PM

Finally got around to watching Scott Maslen (Jack) and Jake Wood (Max) on Secrets from the Square. Damn, Maslen is adorable. He does dance moves at the beginning of it and just the way he moves around the sets got my gaydar up big time (not to mention my dick). Maybe he’s gay and doesn’t know it yet?

by Anonymousreply 278August 7, 2020 5:23 PM

From his modeling days.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 279August 7, 2020 6:10 PM

I think this one may be 'enhanced.'

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 280August 7, 2020 6:11 PM

"The Secrets from the Square" series will continue even after the show comes back (September 7).

I've been enjoying it far more than I thought I would.

Since Dooley says something about 2022, I might guess that it won't be every week, though.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 281August 27, 2020 6:38 PM

Kate Oates says a “huge character” will return at Christmas.

I’m thinking it’s probably Janine.

by Anonymousreply 282August 27, 2020 11:21 PM

Maybe Christmas is when Ian returns, and he's put the 40 pounds back on.

by Anonymousreply 283September 7, 2020 5:03 AM

So they're actually going to have Gray kill Chantelle, and they want viewers to know this in advance.

by Anonymousreply 284September 7, 2020 10:24 AM

No, R283, Christmas is when Ian departs. If he plays Santa this year he won’t need padding for his belly.

by Anonymousreply 285September 7, 2020 3:31 PM

Disappointing ratings for the return last night, 10m less than Coronation Street.

by Anonymousreply 286September 8, 2020 12:43 PM

Quarantine has done wonders for Vinny. Better haircut and scruff, instead of a full beard.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 287September 8, 2020 10:50 PM

Sharon threatening Dotty with a broken bottle was beyond ludicrous.

by Anonymousreply 288September 9, 2020 2:33 AM

I have a big crush on the guy who plays Gray. After he kills Chantelle, he has to be off the canvas soon--no redemption. Sigh.

by Anonymousreply 289September 10, 2020 3:01 AM

R289 No redemption. But I'm thinking they might extend Gray's run by scripting something with starstruck-lovesick, Whitney, who would, of course, get sucked into becoming Gray's next target. She knows how to pick 'em.

by Anonymousreply 290September 10, 2020 4:02 AM

He might even knock her up. Better than knocking her down, I guess.

by Anonymousreply 291September 10, 2020 1:09 PM

Vinny has gone from a 2 to a solid 7.

Can anyone tell thus far which storylines/subplots have been altered since lockdown, if any? I am guessing it is taking place in "real time"? Please tell me that Dottie has Covid.

by Anonymousreply 292September 10, 2020 2:42 PM

Tina had Covid according to the actress who plays her.

by Anonymousreply 293September 10, 2020 9:39 PM

When did Sharon re-name Kayden, "Albie"?

Poor kid. Albert-Albie is just as bad.

by Anonymousreply 294September 16, 2020 9:36 AM

She didn’t name him after the playright Edward Albee?

by Anonymousreply 295September 16, 2020 11:54 PM

Oops, of COURSE I meant the PLAYWRIGHT.

by Anonymousreply 296September 16, 2020 11:54 PM

Now that Ben got arrested, how can Ballum survive? Will Callum really try to entrap Phil?

by Anonymousreply 297September 18, 2020 4:06 PM

Chantelle gets murdered tonight. Yippee! She had a hot ass but couldn’t live forever.

by Anonymousreply 298September 18, 2020 5:10 PM

I wonder where Gray will hide the body. So sad.

by Anonymousreply 299September 18, 2020 6:40 PM

Poor Chantelle. She was beautiful. And now her shrew mother will have 2 more children to raise in her squalid flat.

by Anonymousreply 300September 18, 2020 7:08 PM

Now that Chantelle is dead, what are they going to do with Kheerat's manmeat?

Men in Sweatpants?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 301September 18, 2020 7:58 PM

My new fave man is Martin when he’s all sweaty and angry

by Anonymousreply 302September 18, 2020 8:13 PM

I knew there was a reason I always hand-wash kitchen knives instead of putting them in the dishwasher.

by Anonymousreply 303September 19, 2020 12:05 AM

Well, we knew Gray was a sick fuck, but no we know we had no idea.

by Anonymousreply 304September 19, 2020 2:01 AM

How will Gray be found out? Former girlfriend coming forward?

by Anonymousreply 305September 19, 2020 4:02 AM

They could have killed Dotty Cotton off. Ugly little chav.

by Anonymousreply 306September 19, 2020 12:41 PM

Death by dishwasher? Dig it.

by Anonymousreply 307September 19, 2020 12:55 PM

Kheerat and Martin, please. They can spit roast Kush.

by Anonymousreply 308September 19, 2020 1:46 PM

R305 If Gray tries to implicate Kheerat somehow, hardass Suki will probably deal with him.

by Anonymousreply 309September 19, 2020 10:30 PM

Who is coming back at Christmas? Grant? Janine?

by Anonymousreply 310September 20, 2020 7:12 AM

Lacey Turner will be gone for a year. Can Stacey take Kat with her?

by Anonymousreply 311September 20, 2020 8:29 PM

Already pregnant again!

by Anonymousreply 312September 21, 2020 7:35 AM

Does she get maternity leave for 2 kids in a row? Sweet deal!

by Anonymousreply 313September 21, 2020 10:09 AM

She also apparently lives within walking distance of where the show films and has been all her life.

by Anonymousreply 314September 21, 2020 3:51 PM

Either Suki or that toy he was obsessed with will do him in.

by Anonymousreply 315September 22, 2020 1:47 AM

Y’all leave Karen the fuck alone. I think Chantelle’s father and super hottie Kheerat will join forces and bring Gray down. Suki’s a BITCH! Nobody’s got a good EastEnders slap across the face in awhile. Suki needs a pop in the mouth. Can’t stand her!

by Anonymousreply 316September 22, 2020 1:52 AM

Suki’s hair looks so greasy. Uggh.

by Anonymousreply 317September 22, 2020 2:07 PM

I think Frankie is Mick’s daughter. And she’s the product of rape.

by Anonymousreply 318October 3, 2020 12:27 PM

Why would they make Mick a rapist?

Viewers forgive murderers over rapists.

by Anonymousreply 319October 3, 2020 7:33 PM

R319, I think maybe it was a gang rape. When Mick was young and drunk.

by Anonymousreply 320October 3, 2020 8:45 PM

That would be as gross as what just happened to Ruby.

by Anonymousreply 321October 3, 2020 9:46 PM

Plus, Mick wanted to kill Dean for raping Linda.

by Anonymousreply 322October 3, 2020 9:55 PM

KUSH !!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 323October 4, 2020 7:38 PM

Nooooooooooooo

by Anonymousreply 324October 4, 2020 9:20 PM

R322, I now think Frankie’s mother (Simone Lahbib) will CLAIM Mick raped her. That alone could send Linda into Max’s arms.

by Anonymousreply 325October 4, 2020 9:55 PM

Linda + Max =🤮

Also Mick needs new friends. Mitch is a total buzz kill.

by Anonymousreply 326October 5, 2020 12:28 AM

The "bald ginger sack" - as Martin appropriately labelled Max - is on his way out as well.

At one time, Mick had a appeared to have a budding bromance with Jack, but I guess that serves to point out out how much better looking Jack is .. lol!

And instead of Kush, Mitch should be the one exiting. Once Chantelle's murder is solved, get rid. .. Honey's exiting as well, so let Billy shack up with Karen.

by Anonymousreply 327October 5, 2020 12:47 AM

First they came for Max. And I said nothing, because I am not Max.

Then they came for Jags. And I said nothing because, well it's Jags.

Then they came for Kush and I said "Why, sweet Jesus?"

by Anonymousreply 328October 5, 2020 1:20 AM

R325 With Simone Lahbib being a good 12 years older than Danny Dyer, some are speculating that it could have been Frankie's mum who raped an underage Mick ... which would also explain why Mick doesn't know about his daughter, because a pregnancy reveal back when the sex occurred would have proven that she abused a child.

by Anonymousreply 329October 7, 2020 10:53 PM

I think it will turn out she raped him but he’ll accuse him if raping her and that will not sit well with Linda.

by Anonymousreply 330October 8, 2020 6:26 PM

I think Ian will be murdered over Christmas.

Which may not be a good thigg BF for the actor who is recently divorced.

by Anonymousreply 331October 9, 2020 2:42 AM

Ian murdered at Christmas!!!! It would have to be a musical episode.

by Anonymousreply 332October 9, 2020 11:54 PM

Ian is the primary original character of this show. So is Kathy and Sharon but Kathy had left the show and her character was “killed” off screen. Sharon comes and goes. Ian has never left. I highly doubt they would do that to Ian. If they did, it would be him staging his own death and coming back at some point but out and out death. Naaaw!

by Anonymousreply 333October 10, 2020 12:02 AM

I agree. If Ian dies, it will be temporary.

Unfortunately.

by Anonymousreply 334October 10, 2020 2:31 AM

No, Ian won’t die, he’ll just be “attacked.”

by Anonymousreply 335October 10, 2020 1:36 PM

Have we seen Lady Di since The Carters vacated The Queen Vic?

by Anonymousreply 336October 15, 2020 6:35 PM

No, she’s just been mentioned.

by Anonymousreply 337October 15, 2020 9:45 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!