Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Edward Fox was so handsome.

Though not" DL Hawt" - too good-looking and blonde.

Was he famous in the USA?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39November 2, 2019 4:38 AM

He's one of my all-time biggest crushes. The hair, the accent, the mouth, the twinkle in the eye (even while he's murdering you slowly, as in Day of the Jackal)...and dat ASS!

And unlike many Brits, he kept his looks even into his old age.

by Anonymousreply 1November 1, 2019 10:19 PM

I loved him in "King Rat", but also because that movie had some heavy UST between the characters portrayed by Fox and George Segal.

by Anonymousreply 2November 1, 2019 10:23 PM

His brother was also v.handsome, but NOT DL hawt.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3November 1, 2019 10:24 PM

Loved EF as Hugh, Viscount Trimingham, in film "The Go-Between".

Best line: "Nothing is ever a lady's fault".

And yes, EF was quite handsome in his youth.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4November 2, 2019 1:36 AM

Entire family including Freddie Fox and Emilia Fox.

Americans might know the daughter from the 1995 BBC remake of Pride and Prejudice starring DL fave Colin Firth.

Ms Fox also starred in remake of "Rebecca".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5November 2, 2019 1:42 AM

So weird - I knew nothing about him until Thoroughly Modern Mille was on TCM this week. Really cute. Turns out he did a CRAZY movie that I never even heard of with Mick Jagger called Performance where he trips and realizes he is trans. I need to watch this movie.

Then he became a born again Christian - renouncing his evil film work. And now he has a bunch of kids who are actors in the UK. And his great great grandfather created the corrugated boiler flue - which I just had installed in my fireplace.

Lots of random coincidences with Ed Fox this week.

by Anonymousreply 6November 2, 2019 1:42 AM

[quote]So weird - I knew nothing about him until Thoroughly Modern Mille was on TCM this week.

That doesn't star Edward Fox. That stars his brother, James Fox.

James was in TMM and Performance, then took a break from acting for years, and came back in the early 80s in films like A Passage to India.

Edward was in The Go-Between, Edward and Mrs. Simpson, The Day of the Jackal and Gandhi.

They both have multiple children.

by Anonymousreply 7November 2, 2019 1:46 AM

2 cuties with Julie Andrews (Edward Fox on the right) in Thoroughly Modern Millie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8November 2, 2019 1:53 AM

Was his son on Lewis?

by Anonymousreply 9November 2, 2019 1:53 AM

Back in the day.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10November 2, 2019 1:56 AM

Lewis starred Laurence Fox, who's James' son.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11November 2, 2019 1:57 AM

He became quite religious in later years. In one of her books Shirley MacLaine stated that he turned down a role in one of her movies because he didn't want to play an adulterer. How pious!

by Anonymousreply 12November 2, 2019 1:58 AM

Edward Fox always put me in mind of a very proper English gentleman who would ask, "shall we go upstairs dear?" But when he got you in bed proceeded to wear you out.

by Anonymousreply 13November 2, 2019 1:58 AM

First thing to come to mind is "Day of the Jackal", but have seen him in many things, including his performance as the Butler in Poirot's "The Hollow".

He is not very tall, in comparison to his brother James Fox, who has also appeared as Colonel Race in Poirot's "Death on the Nile".

Edward Fox also starred in the movie version of "The Mirror Crack'd" as Inspector Craddock, nephew (I think) to Angela Lansbury's Miss Marple.

There is a scene where Fox is questioning Rock Hudson and the first time I saw it I thought Hudson must have been standing on some platform. But no, a later scene has Hudson and Fox walking side by side away from the house and you can see how huge the difference in height is between Fox and Hudson. I know Hudson is very tall, but the height difference was so noticeable.

He's great to watch.

by Anonymousreply 14November 2, 2019 1:58 AM

The old boy is 82 now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15November 2, 2019 2:00 AM

Their younger brother Robert is a theater and film producer who was briefly married to Natasha Richardson.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16November 2, 2019 2:04 AM

[quote] 2 cuties with Julie Andrews (Edward Fox on the right) in Thoroughly Modern Millie.

No: James Fox is on the right, not Edward.

by Anonymousreply 17November 2, 2019 2:04 AM

His daughter Emilia does a lot of work.

Never liked her UNTIL she she did a TV show in which famous people explore the English countryside with their dogs.

MAJOR dollface moments. The dogs were in love with each other and she with them. I'll love her forever.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18November 2, 2019 2:05 AM

and THEM.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19November 2, 2019 2:06 AM

r10's photo is also of James Fox, not Edward Fox.

by Anonymousreply 20November 2, 2019 2:06 AM

Smashing in A Bridge Too Far.

by Anonymousreply 21November 2, 2019 2:10 AM

Thanks for the James and Edward Fox distinction. How crazy they are all actors. I guess the benefit of not having to worry about making money.

by Anonymousreply 22November 2, 2019 2:12 AM

Silent Witness is one of my favorite crime shows. I had no idea the lead's dad is Edward Fox. I used to fancy him when I was younger.

by Anonymousreply 23November 2, 2019 2:17 AM

Their father was a very important and powerful actor's agent. Represented all the top British stars of the 60s.

by Anonymousreply 24November 2, 2019 2:17 AM

They never run Day Of The Jackal on TV. I must watch it again.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25November 2, 2019 2:18 AM

James Fox was also in A Question of Attribution with Prunella Scales, where he plays the Surveyor of the Queen's Pictures, Anthony Blunt, and in true BBC fashion, the film is not available anywhere for anyone to watch.

by Anonymousreply 26November 2, 2019 2:18 AM

I get Day Of The Jackal mixed up with The Odessa File - another forgotten great 70s movie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27November 2, 2019 2:23 AM

[quote]in true BBC fashion, the film is not available anywhere for anyone to watch.

CUNTS.

by Anonymousreply 28November 2, 2019 2:23 AM

[quote] the film is not available anywhere for anyone to watch

That's why some people buy DVDs.

by Anonymousreply 29November 2, 2019 2:29 AM

R29 is RIGHT. It can be bought.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30November 2, 2019 2:32 AM

R29 is RIGHT. It can be bought.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31November 2, 2019 2:32 AM

R22

Robin Fox acting dynasty

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32November 2, 2019 2:32 AM

Americans may not know name Laurence Fox, but he's best known as Detective Sergeant James Hathaway in PBS Mystery series "Lewis", a spin off of the Detective Morse series.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33November 2, 2019 2:34 AM

"A Question of Attribution" is wonderful, the only Alan Bennett script I've ever loved.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34November 2, 2019 2:40 AM

"Not DL Hawt."

Hell, he isn't even Ohio hawt.

by Anonymousreply 35November 2, 2019 2:40 AM

R29 is right if you are in the UK

by Anonymousreply 36November 2, 2019 4:04 AM

R36, "The Day of the Jackal" is available in both DVD and Blu-Ray in the US from both Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

by Anonymousreply 37November 2, 2019 4:19 AM

not good looking at all. Concave mouth, weak chin, in general, not good.

by Anonymousreply 38November 2, 2019 4:30 AM

" I Jack Off All Day,Y'all"

by Anonymousreply 39November 2, 2019 4:38 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!