Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Rosie O'Donnell loses another fiancee

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 186November 3, 2019 9:02 PM

Flee, Elizabeth! Flee for your very life!

by Anonymousreply 1November 1, 2019 7:28 AM

Ha! Ha!

by Anonymousreply 2November 1, 2019 7:34 AM

[quote] Adding: 'The one thing that she doesn't know? [Barbara] Streisand. I made her watch Funny Girl. She's like, "It was good." I'm like, "Come on!"'

Nothing is more awkward than being with a stan who thinks your polite praise for the particular object of their obsession isn't enough.

by Anonymousreply 3November 1, 2019 7:36 AM

She wanted a fucking PRENUP!!!

by Anonymousreply 4November 1, 2019 7:39 AM

It's ok to be alone Rosie!

by Anonymousreply 5November 1, 2019 7:43 AM

I would bet anything Rosie is an abusive drunk. She looks like she can pack a mean punch.

by Anonymousreply 6November 1, 2019 7:54 AM

I'd rather be poor than have to watch another Barbra Streisand movie. Fuck. And those terrible Barbra records. And the concerts. I was getting Fibromyalgia from the sound of her voice. And when Rosie had lemondrops up in the balcony? Tom Cruise never shows up to mow the lawn - but Roe keeps talking about it. Who's Bette Midler? I love Rosie but - but I had to let her go. I don't like crafting while listening to that bitch Streisand caterwaul. Sorry, but I can't. The pussy is fine. I never had to touch it.

by Anonymousreply 7November 1, 2019 8:10 AM

Wait, has she ever dated anyone older than her? She's so full of shit.

by Anonymousreply 8November 1, 2019 8:16 AM

We’ve talked about the dangers of tongue cancer on here. This might be a case where Rosie has lost most of her dexterity and it takes its toll.

by Anonymousreply 9November 1, 2019 9:12 AM

Like how she's trying to imply they split because she wasn't sufficiently into Streisand and not because of Rosie's mean right hook.

by Anonymousreply 10November 1, 2019 9:20 AM

Pack up the Uhaul.

by Anonymousreply 11November 1, 2019 9:22 AM

That's not funny!

by Anonymousreply 12November 1, 2019 9:24 AM

Did Rosie reconcile with that daughter who ran away, married and had a baby?

by Anonymousreply 13November 1, 2019 9:48 AM

How appropriate . . .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14November 1, 2019 9:53 AM

Rosie or Ellen -- whose more sadistic when drunk?

by Anonymousreply 15November 1, 2019 11:42 AM

Rosie by a mile

by Anonymousreply 16November 1, 2019 12:10 PM

Do you think she has a therapist that tells her, "Rosie, don't be such a cunt and you could maybe keep a woman"?

by Anonymousreply 17November 1, 2019 12:47 PM

That'd be a brave therapist.

by Anonymousreply 18November 1, 2019 12:48 PM

At least Rosie doesn't pal around with Dubya.

by Anonymousreply 19November 1, 2019 12:49 PM

No babies? Rosie, I'm surprised.

by Anonymousreply 20November 1, 2019 12:50 PM

R15, who's NOT whose.

by Anonymousreply 21November 1, 2019 12:51 PM

R19, Or accept a KCH when he was POTUS, a la Streisand.

by Anonymousreply 22November 1, 2019 12:52 PM

Your terrible Muriel @ R21

by Anonymousreply 23November 1, 2019 1:09 PM

Did their breakup resemble this scene?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24November 1, 2019 3:30 PM

More like something from Rocky, R24.

by Anonymousreply 25November 1, 2019 3:40 PM

I give her some credit for not getting engaged or having a kid right away. Getting engaged after a year of dating is still too soon but it's a step in the right direction for her.

by Anonymousreply 26November 1, 2019 3:43 PM

"I made her watch Funny Girl."

I understand Streisand made James Brolin watch it too...he had previously avoided it.

by Anonymousreply 27November 1, 2019 3:47 PM

I worry what else she was made to do.

by Anonymousreply 28November 1, 2019 3:48 PM

If you see a couple where one is always saying to (or in regards to) the other: "Come on!", and trying to get them to acquiesce or acquire their preferences or opinions, they ought to break up or divorce. They are unsuitable for each other. You should respect your partner's difference of opinion or, if you're the type who cannot do that, find someone who agrees with everything you do, from the get-go.

Rosie sounds like a total a-hole.

by Anonymousreply 29November 1, 2019 3:49 PM

I thought Rosie was in her 60s.

by Anonymousreply 30November 1, 2019 3:53 PM

Honestly Rosie comes off as a jerk here. She is great on SMILF but that role makes me wonder if she's really not a stranger to crazy. I tend to think not. Rosie does have a type, doesn't she? Maybe stop going for the blondes Rosie and date someone your own age - give or take a few years.

by Anonymousreply 31November 1, 2019 3:57 PM

If Rosie dated someone her own age and weight I would fall over.

by Anonymousreply 32November 1, 2019 4:11 PM

I have a soft spot for Rosie. She has a good heart. She's openly discussed her mental health issues which I think she has treated with therapy and medication. It seems as if she has mood swings, she loses control of herself, and she says really mean things. It's a self-defeating cycle. In a way she's her own worst enemy.

The last few years have been very stressful for her. (Trump bullied--FOR NO REASON--on live TV in front of millions of people...and he still got elected President.) Her young daughter has autism. She went through a very public divorce, and the tabloids were reporting on the drama; then her ex committed suicide. And of course her underage daughter ran away and sold stories about her to the tabloids. (It seems as if she's repaired her relationship with her daughter; awhile back Rosie posted a pic of herself with her grandkid.)

Her older kids are grown. She needs to take a break. Avoid dating (and maybe professional work) and work on her relationship with herself. And eventually, when the time is right, date a woman her own age. Rosie is obsessed with pop culture so she needs to be with someone who will get all the references she makes to certain TV shows, movies, etc...

by Anonymousreply 33November 1, 2019 4:13 PM

R32, she did date someone her age a few years back. A non Hollywood type who had also adopted several children.

by Anonymousreply 34November 1, 2019 4:14 PM

Nice post R33. I like Rosie too.

by Anonymousreply 35November 1, 2019 4:16 PM

Rosie is obsessed with pop culture from the Sixties, Seventies, and Eighties, so that's a big problem is she wants to date younger. Why would they care about Rosie's outdated pop cultural references?

by Anonymousreply 36November 1, 2019 4:17 PM

Rosie needs to have a talk show. I think being productive will be good for her. Bring her show back but let her produce it and not ABC or Oprah.

by Anonymousreply 37November 1, 2019 4:18 PM

Rosie 2019 is not the same Rosie of the late 90s, R37. People liked Rosie Lite but since then she's become way too polarizing (think the View and her fights with Trump). For that, I think any talk show endeavors would be unsuccessful in a major way. Sad but true.

by Anonymousreply 38November 1, 2019 4:25 PM

Wow - she finally grew up and realized you can’t just keep replacing wives to fill the hole in yourself. 57 is too old to be getting engaged after a year. Hopefully she realizes she needs to work on being ok alone. Then if someone comes into her life and is there for a while, that’s great. But marriage is not necessary - unless you feel the need to own them and tie them down to you. Which is the opposite of love.

by Anonymousreply 39November 1, 2019 4:30 PM

[quote] Rosie needs to have a talk show.

Yes, but no one else needs it.

by Anonymousreply 40November 1, 2019 4:45 PM

Dialectical Behavior Therapy.

by Anonymousreply 41November 1, 2019 5:05 PM

I used to be sympathetic to her, but she came across as a total psycho in that book about the women of The View.

by Anonymousreply 42November 1, 2019 5:10 PM

Once the girls are around Rosie for about 1-2 years, they realize the money and status are not worth putting up with the fat cunt.

by Anonymousreply 43November 1, 2019 5:11 PM

R41 - exactly. DBT was made for Rosie.

by Anonymousreply 44November 1, 2019 5:14 PM

R37, I wouldn't hire her for anything that needs a long term commitment. She quits everything.

by Anonymousreply 45November 1, 2019 6:22 PM

Definitely some bi-polar stuff going on in that psyche. Why do good people die in auto accidents daily but she continues to live?

by Anonymousreply 46November 1, 2019 6:26 PM

Quits or is fired?

by Anonymousreply 47November 1, 2019 6:26 PM

I like Rosie, but I'm sure as hell happy that I don't know her personally.

by Anonymousreply 48November 1, 2019 6:52 PM

Everyone that knows her personally hates her, from her children to her lovers to her brother. I can’t wait for the nasty (true) tell-all book comes out after the miserable cunt croaks.

by Anonymousreply 49November 1, 2019 6:55 PM

R49, remember her daughter's expose in the tabloids? Basically, the worst she could come up with was that Rosie smoked pot and wore bike shorts a lot. And apparently she threw a dictionary at her oldest son's head (I think he was a teenager at that point). So, it sounds like the kids didn't have it that bad.

by Anonymousreply 50November 1, 2019 7:03 PM

IIRC, the ex-fiancee quit her police officer job for Rosie. Police officer is a pretty good job, actually (can retire in your 40s, pension). Maybe the experience was worth it (touch with extreme fame and wealth). I wonder if Rosie presented the ex-fiancee with a prenuptial agreement.

by Anonymousreply 51November 1, 2019 7:10 PM

[quote] And apparently she threw a dictionary at her oldest son's head (I think he was a teenager at that point). So, it sounds like the kids didn't have it that bad.

Yes, what are they complaining about? It's perfectly fine to throw heavy books at other people's heads! Especially when they're adults!

By the way, in case you were worried: you do not sound like a feeble enabler for an abusive angry person AT ALL.

by Anonymousreply 52November 1, 2019 7:22 PM

Let's find out where R50 lives and throw a book at their head.

by Anonymousreply 53November 1, 2019 7:37 PM

I actually agree with her for throwing the book at the brat. Children should learn their place.

by Anonymousreply 54November 1, 2019 7:39 PM

Joan Crawford at R54.

by Anonymousreply 55November 1, 2019 7:48 PM

It was a DICTIONARY, R52. Children must learn in this crazy world of ours.

by Anonymousreply 56November 1, 2019 7:56 PM

Elizabeth. The cutie patootie that got away.

by Anonymousreply 57November 1, 2019 7:58 PM

I just wanted her to mow my lawn (while I sexually assaulted her).

by Anonymousreply 58November 1, 2019 8:23 PM

[quote] Basically, the worst she could come up with was that Rosie smoked pot and [bold]wore bike shorts a lot.[/bold]

by Anonymousreply 59November 1, 2019 8:49 PM

Yeah. Seeing Rosie in bike shorts should count as child abuse.

by Anonymousreply 60November 1, 2019 8:52 PM

I feel pity for the bike shorts. Absorbing Rosie’s pussy sweat and secretions and farts.

by Anonymousreply 61November 1, 2019 8:55 PM

Rosie needs a really good therapist and to make a 3 year promise to not get romantically involved with another lesbian until she understands her own shit.

Her picker is malfunctioning and she is getting too involved with the wrong lezzies.

by Anonymousreply 62November 1, 2019 9:11 PM

Her heart belongs to Elisabeth Hasselbeck.

by Anonymousreply 63November 1, 2019 9:15 PM

R62 - in Rosie’s defense, I doubt there are many “right” Lezzies out there. (No offense if you’re a lesbian!)

by Anonymousreply 64November 1, 2019 9:17 PM

I shoulda given her a #MeToo story while I had the chance.

by Anonymousreply 65November 1, 2019 9:19 PM

Rosie should be more like Oprah, find a good girlfriend to hang out with and a beard of a man for the rest of the time

by Anonymousreply 66November 1, 2019 10:01 PM

A good girlfriend to sexually assault / use as punching bag / hang out with.

by Anonymousreply 67November 1, 2019 10:06 PM

R61 gets the prize! Lol...omfg

by Anonymousreply 68November 1, 2019 10:50 PM

UNLIKE the current The View cast, Rosie was not BORNG.

by Anonymousreply 69November 2, 2019 1:33 AM

"Now you'll watch 'Funny LADY'. AND YOU'LL LOVE IT."

by Anonymousreply 70November 2, 2019 1:41 AM

[quote] UNLIKE the current The View cast, Rosie was not BOR[I]NG.

Yes, call Rosie crazy, but she made "The View" more interesting. She had some damn balls and principles. She wouldn't be sitting there like Whoopi, eating her 3 square meals and coddling McCain.

by Anonymousreply 71November 2, 2019 2:37 AM

Finally, something Donald Trump and Rosie have in common: big titty dumb blondes.

by Anonymousreply 72November 2, 2019 3:19 AM

Does she still have a crush on Tom Cruise?

by Anonymousreply 73November 2, 2019 3:26 AM

To lost one fiancee is certainly unfortunate. To lose two or more begins to look like carelessness.

by Anonymousreply 74November 2, 2019 3:28 AM

Wasn't Tatum O'Neal Rosie's age?

by Anonymousreply 75November 2, 2019 4:50 AM

Rosie said she would never marry again before this one came along, so she got her wish! ;D

by Anonymousreply 76November 2, 2019 4:59 AM

Her and Ellen give us lesbians a bad name. Hate those ugly moody cunts. Her ex fiance is hot. Too good for her.

by Anonymousreply 77November 2, 2019 5:05 AM

[quote] Her and Ellen give us lesbians a bad name

Rosie fought for gay adoption rights in the 90s--when it totally wasn't cool. She gives a ridiculous amount of money to charities--not just LGBT.

She helps causes that have absolutely nothing to do with her and don't affect her personally in any way--like Kalief Browder and his mother, the four lesbians who were imprisoned unjustly for a murder they didn't commit, among many, many others.

She uses her fame to help the powerless, and she is extremely generous with her own cash.

by Anonymousreply 78November 2, 2019 5:17 AM

[quote] Wasn't Tatum O'Neal Rosie's age?

Yes, Tatum was close to Rosie’s age and, therefore, too old for Rosie. Maybe, just maybe, Tatum was also too much drama, even for Rosie.

by Anonymousreply 79November 2, 2019 5:39 AM

Lesbian relationships almost always seem inherently unstable. Toxic people need someone to leech off and leeches can’t leech of leeches.

by Anonymousreply 80November 2, 2019 6:50 AM

I think the public is turning on Ellen like they did on Rosie once she joined the view in 2006, which smashed her 'cutie-patootie' image.

by Anonymousreply 81November 2, 2019 8:40 AM

I love Rosie. She's what I would could a person who is angry at the world for being so damn shitty. She sees bad shit going on everywhere and frustrated that apparently not enough people do something about it and it's up to her, her celebrity status, and her money to make a difference only to notice that it doesn't make much of a difference since the world is still shitty. Somebody like that does not make good relationship material, because they need affirmation (that their anger and frustration is valid) and cheering up all the time.

by Anonymousreply 82November 2, 2019 9:00 AM

So sorry, She's someone I would consider a person who is angry at the world for being so damn shitty.

by Anonymousreply 83November 2, 2019 9:02 AM

Sure... but at point you have to work through that anger rather than take it out on your latest girlfriend.

by Anonymousreply 84November 2, 2019 9:21 AM

I see no sign the public is turning on Ellen, only the ghetto of DL..

by Anonymousreply 85November 2, 2019 9:33 AM

There have been some blind items recently and a few people pointed out her with Kevin Hart and Bush Jr. BS.

Fuck that dyke. Shows you how much they care about Gay Men.

by Anonymousreply 86November 2, 2019 1:01 PM

Remember when it was revealed Ellen works with the State Department and no one cared.

by Anonymousreply 87November 2, 2019 1:11 PM

[quote]Her and Ellen . . .

SHE and Ellen! SHE and Ellen! SHE and Ellen . . .

by Anonymousreply 88November 2, 2019 2:39 PM

Rosie needs to stop dating outside her weight.

by Anonymousreply 89November 2, 2019 2:48 PM

I prefer her to Ellen, but that's faint praise.

by Anonymousreply 90November 2, 2019 2:49 PM

I’ve always defended her in the past, but I’ve recently started to agree that she seems really unstable.

She has serious issues and can’t seem to stay single for long. She’ll probably be engaged to someone else before Christmas.

by Anonymousreply 91November 2, 2019 3:58 PM

Who's wealthier, Rosie or Ellen?

by Anonymousreply 92November 2, 2019 4:09 PM

"She’ll probably be engaged to someone else before Christmas."

Tiffany Trump, just to drive Donald insane.

by Anonymousreply 93November 2, 2019 4:11 PM

Ellen by far.

by Anonymousreply 94November 2, 2019 4:11 PM

Rosie has really lost it over Trump. She and Bette Midler spend every waking moment on Twitter obsessing over him. It's not healthy.

by Anonymousreply 95November 2, 2019 4:14 PM

R95 = Scott Baio.

by Anonymousreply 96November 2, 2019 4:18 PM

[quote]Rosie has really lost it over Trump. She and Bette Midler spend every waking moment on Twitter obsessing over him. It's not healthy.

The difference is that Bette Midler is funny. Rosie is NEVER funny on Twitter. She just rants. And is angry.

by Anonymousreply 97November 2, 2019 4:22 PM

A lot lesbians seem to have anger issues. I don't why. But I suspect something that doesn't help is their common belief that anger and violence are uniquely male emotions while women are serene goddesses. They refuse to do work on themselves and fall back on the excuse that their behaviour is deemed unacceptable solely because they're not men.

It's amazing watching some of those old The View clips -- and though I don't disagree with her usually politically -- how you can almost feel the change in atmosphere when she's arguing. Sometimes you almost think she's about to toss open the table and give it to Hassleback. A world away from the fluffy disagreements on the show now.

I assume Rosie's been driven by Trump because she had a longstanding feud with him before he ran. Having her second worst enemy (Rosie's first is herself) become President must boil her blood. Still, her obsession isn't healthy.

by Anonymousreply 98November 2, 2019 4:23 PM

I love Rosie but she is nuts.

by Anonymousreply 99November 2, 2019 4:23 PM

Bette's not funny. That requires one give something of themselves over. She just asserts that the President is orange, crass, stupid, and a proto-fascist.

All correct, but not profound or original at this point.

by Anonymousreply 100November 2, 2019 4:24 PM

I think Rosie needs to get back to dick. She said long ago that she was in a relationship with a guy and the entire thing made her happy because she felt she was part of society. It was a weird revelation because she also said she was straight for a time.

by Anonymousreply 101November 2, 2019 4:27 PM

[quote] Sometimes you almost think she's about to toss open the table and give it to Hassleback.

Now we know it was because she wanted to fuck her.

by Anonymousreply 102November 2, 2019 4:31 PM

Might help, but is it really a long-term solution?

Lesbians choose to be lesbians. Gay men are born gay.

I wonder how much of her increased anger is due to her declining stature. Ellen -- uh -- has replaced her the go-to TV host lesbian.

by Anonymousreply 103November 2, 2019 4:32 PM

[quote]Now we know it was because she wanted to fuck her.

I still can't believe she actually admitted that in the book!

And tried to imply she was turned up by it too!

Oh, Rosie...

by Anonymousreply 104November 2, 2019 4:33 PM

*Elisabeth was turned on by it too

by Anonymousreply 105November 2, 2019 4:33 PM

Elisabeth Hasselbeck also claims Rosie forced her to watch "Funny Girl", and in retrospect says, through tears, that she now realizes it was part of Rosie's campaign of bullying and abusive behavior intended to groom Elisabeth for lezbionic white slavery.

by Anonymousreply 106November 2, 2019 4:54 PM

R80, let me help you.

CELEBRITY relationships almost always seem inherently unstable. Toxic people need someone to leech off and leeches can’t leech of leeches.

by Anonymousreply 107November 2, 2019 5:01 PM

"She's okay, I guess... but she expresses emotion by arching her neck and raking her fingernails down it..."

"SAY SHE'S A GENIUS! ADMIT IT! ADMIT IT!"

"NO!!! NOT the dictionary at my head again!" ***sobs quietly*** "Okay, she's... she's quite quirky..."

"SAY SHE'S A GENIUS OR YOU KISS THE FLYING DICTIONARY!"

by Anonymousreply 108November 2, 2019 5:06 PM

Nope. It's not a celebrity thing. It's a lesbian thing. All of them seem angry at the world and it affects their relationships.

by Anonymousreply 109November 2, 2019 5:11 PM

R103, maybe it might be. Rosie, despite her ultra Alpha personality, might really crave a traditional male/female relationship where she is not the leader. And I don't think she would put up with a female who tried to be the dominant one in the relationship.

by Anonymousreply 110November 2, 2019 5:11 PM

It's amazing the number of lesbians -- even really butch ones like Rosie -- who claim to have at one point or another slept with a man.

None of the gay men I know claim to have slept with a woman ever.

by Anonymousreply 111November 2, 2019 5:13 PM

I admire her LGBT work, her robust criticism of Bush in the '00s, the relative caliber and wit of her '90s chatshow.

Ellen doesn't compare favourably on any of those metrics.

That doesn't excuse Rosie's issues but she's not the worst lesbian out there.

I mean, Paula Poundstone is still alive too, right?

by Anonymousreply 112November 2, 2019 5:23 PM

R111, but that's what was so weird about her revelation. She didn't just sleep with the guy, she said she was in a relationship with him and that she was actually straight at that time. She said she enjoyed the idea that she had a relationship that wasn't in the closet which might suggest why she is so public with all these engagements and relationships.

by Anonymousreply 113November 2, 2019 5:42 PM

Elizabeth probably got tired of becoming nauseous every time she Rosie demanded she go down on her and decided there was not enough money on the planet that would ever change that.

The stomach can only take so much.

by Anonymousreply 114November 2, 2019 5:45 PM

She looks like a straight porn star with fake tits. Imagine them nude, scissoring.

by Anonymousreply 115November 2, 2019 5:50 PM

I notice even a difference between how gay men and lesbians speak on threads like this. Lesbians are so hostile and authoritarian. That's what I imagine Rosie is like at home. The relationships -- whether romantic or with her children -- work for a while maybe while they accept that Rosie is the boss but disagree with her...

She does look like the tough Irish-American Long Island patriarch trucker who never hesitates to remind everyone who pays the mortgage that she is inside.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116November 2, 2019 5:52 PM

On her first episode of The View she got a very long standing ovation. By the time she left you could sense the fraught things were in that studio. The audience weren't always with her. Joy mostly agreed with her on most issues but tried to keep things light. Rosie was much more confrontational, which seemed counterproductive sometimes.

But the most dramatic moment was the audible gasp when Elisabeth said it was easier to have a fight with Donald Trump.

Nothing so dramatic these days, at least until that chair under Meghan McCain finally collapses.

by Anonymousreply 117November 2, 2019 6:06 PM

JEEZ, even Martina Navratilova had a boy friend when she was in high school (her autobiography). Think she's *really* straight? It's usually a matter of age, gays born in the 50s, 60s or earlier are more likely to have had sex with men/women.

by Anonymousreply 118November 2, 2019 6:12 PM

No, we don't think she's really straight. But there is the phenomenon of women saying they only became lesbians later in life or after a relationship. They don't claim their relationships with men were just bearding.

I don't know any gay man who's done that.

by Anonymousreply 119November 2, 2019 6:14 PM

R117, have you never heard of the 40 y/o suburban neighbor lady who runs away with her best female friend? We had TWO of those on my street in the late 1960s. Lots of women discover their true sexuality later in life. Don't compare this to men's because it's not remotely the same. Another example why men and women are not sexually compatible.

by Anonymousreply 120November 2, 2019 6:23 PM

R118 not R117.

by Anonymousreply 121November 2, 2019 6:25 PM

R119 NOT R118, R117.

by Anonymousreply 122November 2, 2019 6:50 PM

"It's amazing the number of lesbians -- even really butch ones like Rosie -- who claim to have at one point or another slept with a man."

Gee, R111, do you think it might have something to do with the fact that pretty much ALL young women are constantly, incessantly hounded for sex by heterosexual men?

by Anonymousreply 123November 2, 2019 7:56 PM

Sexuality isn't as obvious for women as it is for men. For men, it's more physical, and your body (front and center) tells you exactly what you like. Women are also under more societal pressure to marry and have children.

by Anonymousreply 124November 2, 2019 9:47 PM

I know a woman who I think is truly bisexual. Mostly dated women (U-Haul on the first date applied). Then, she met and married a man and the societal approval was so great. Coworkers threw her a bridal shower, all that shit and recognition that comes with a heterosexual relationship. I think she really enjoys the societal approval of her relationship.

by Anonymousreply 125November 2, 2019 9:57 PM

LOL, R123!

Straight men have NEVER hounded Rosie for sex!

by Anonymousreply 126November 2, 2019 10:04 PM

R125's story happens all the time.

by Anonymousreply 127November 2, 2019 10:06 PM

R103, do you really believe that "Lesbians choose to be lesbians. Gay men are born gay." Do you really believe that kd lang just hasn't found the right man yet? Whatmyear is this?

by Anonymousreply 128November 2, 2019 10:07 PM

[quote]Gee, [R111], do you think it might have something to do with the fact that pretty much ALL young women are constantly, incessantly hounded for sex by heterosexual men?

No, that's not it. Often they only have one long-term marriage to a man. Then, in their forties or so, announce that it's over and they're lesbians.

But they don't deny having at some point been attracted to men.

Name one gay man who took until his forties to become gay (not come out, but *be* gay).

by Anonymousreply 129November 2, 2019 10:07 PM

R127, yes R125's story does happen a lot. And that woman might even do another 180 when she gets to her 40s or 50s and an intense crush is triggered by a neighbor, coworker, or old friend.

by Anonymousreply 130November 2, 2019 10:09 PM

[quote]Do you really believe that kd lang just hasn't found the right man yet? Whatmyear is this?

No, but lots of lesbians admit they have no interest in sex and just prefer the company of women. And lots have a history of sex with men that they didn't feel pressured into. The same isn't true for gay men, so what explains the difference?

by Anonymousreply 131November 2, 2019 10:10 PM

Rosie's a big, butch bull-dyke and has admitted to some man-love in her past. Her equivalent would be someone like... Andrew Rannells maybe... I don't think he went through a phase of finding women hot.

Any thoughts?

by Anonymousreply 132November 2, 2019 10:12 PM

Back up: Ellen works for the State Department? The fuck?

by Anonymousreply 133November 2, 2019 10:12 PM

Some of these late-in-life lesbians say that they're fluid, and they actually switched from straight to gay. Others say that they've were gay all along and in heavy denial. The denial is a strong thing. Many of these women come from liberal areas with liberal parents, but they don't interpret the signs. They meet a man who is nice, handsome, and a good provider, and they assume that their relationship is love. Then later, the meet a woman, and the attraction is much more intense than they've every experienced before. Like a thunderbolt, and "suddenly all the lovesongs on the radio made sense".

by Anonymousreply 134November 2, 2019 10:12 PM

But that said, there are "gold star" lesbians (I am one) who are way over on the Kinsey scale.

But I think we're the minority.

by Anonymousreply 135November 2, 2019 10:13 PM

[quote]Many of these women come from liberal areas with liberal parents, but they don't interpret the signs. They meet a man who is nice, handsome, and a good provider, and they assume that their relationship is love. Then later, the meet a woman, and the attraction is much more intense than they've every experienced before. Like a thunderbolt, and "suddenly all the lovesongs on the radio made sense".

That might play a part. For women relationships are about status and wealth; for men sex is a much bigger part.

by Anonymousreply 136November 2, 2019 10:14 PM

R131 said: "lots of lesbians admit they have no interest in sex and just prefer the company of women"

Well, R131, lots of straight women admit they have no interest in sex and just prefer the company of men.

Maybe it's a woman thing instead of a lesbian thing.

by Anonymousreply 137November 2, 2019 10:14 PM

[quote] Back up: Ellen works for the State Department? The fuck?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 138November 2, 2019 10:16 PM

Rosie called 45 out for being a hypocrite over a beauty pageant contestant going out and getting drunk. The pussy grabber called a press conference and tried to make where he declared that he had a long talk with the girl over her behavior and that things were going to change. Rosie went on the air and called him out on his bullshit. He then went on television and resorted to homophobic attacks about her. Including shows that were hosted by people who now are against Trump. Yet they had no problem sitting there and laughing when he slandered Rosie on air.

She has every right to trash him, because he's thin skinned and can't take any criticism. And it clearly got to him, because he even brought her name up during one of the Presidential debates.

by Anonymousreply 139November 2, 2019 10:16 PM

What percentage of lesbians couples never have sex and rank it as less important?

Now what about gay men?

Every lesbian I knew as some story about falling in love with 'souls'.

by Anonymousreply 140November 2, 2019 10:18 PM

[quote] Maybe it's a woman thing instead of a lesbian thing.

It's a menopause thing.

That post should read, "Lots of women over the age of 50 have no interest in sex."

by Anonymousreply 141November 2, 2019 10:20 PM

Under fifty too. Plenty of young fraus admit they don't like sex and prefer shopping or eating.

But maybe menopause does play some part in some women's late in life reorientation.

by Anonymousreply 142November 2, 2019 10:23 PM

R139 Rosie is equally thin-skinned and can't take criticism either, so it's obvious they're two sides of the same coin.

by Anonymousreply 143November 2, 2019 10:25 PM

The Ellen-State Department memo shows she was moreso agreeable to be a tool for Hillary. Not so much the US government. Much like CNN or MSNBC.

by Anonymousreply 144November 2, 2019 10:26 PM

R125, Rosie talked about how she went to the market to buy groceries for a dinner she was cooking for her boyfriend. She said she was talking to the checker about him and what she was going to make and she felt amazingly free and loved that she got that approval from a stranger.

by Anonymousreply 145November 2, 2019 10:28 PM

The Rosie-Trump thing was breathless. It was on the View that Rosie criticized Trump for scolding the beauty pageant contestant. Then she finished her rant by doing an impression of him. She swooped her hair over to one side of her hair to effect a combover and did an unflattering impression of him, and then she continued to criticize him to much laughter from the audience. (See the clip attached below.)

He took it very personally. He appeared on several talk shows over the next several days (to promote the Apprentice), and he used those spots to insult Rosie with low blows (her weight, her looks). He even made one remark about Rosie's wife Kelly, that she should try being with a real man, or that he could show her, or something weird/gross. Rosie was visibly shaken when the show came back over the weekend. HIs response went overboard, and it was a preview of how he now gets obsessed with trashing anyone he thinks has criticized or slighted him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146November 2, 2019 10:30 PM

Here's Trump's response a few days later:

Note: this was back in 2006, and he was already using his favorite words for trashing people: "loser", "disaster", "failing". He sounds like a 12-year-old. And ten years later, he still couldn't let it go, and he had to get in another dig at the Republican national debate.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147November 2, 2019 10:37 PM

[quote]The Ellen-State Department memo shows she was moreso agreeable to be a tool for Hillary. Not so much the US government. Much like CNN or MSNBC.

Depends where (and if) you want to draw a distinction.

Ellen is a platform for other interests too. She's never asked a guest a difficult question (Rosie did) or had a guest on who didn't have something to promote (Rosie did) nor would she ever publicly question 9/11 (Rosie did).

by Anonymousreply 148November 2, 2019 10:48 PM

Rosie should've been the bigger person though.

by Anonymousreply 149November 2, 2019 10:49 PM

If she'd mentioned she was preparing a special meal for a girlfriend not a boyfriend there's a good chance the cashier would've been just as filled with praise.

Makes me wonder if that relationship was difference not in that it was with a man but that she was giving more of herself.

by Anonymousreply 150November 2, 2019 10:52 PM

Shocked, I tell you, SHOCKED!!!

Looked like true love to me.

by Anonymousreply 151November 2, 2019 11:04 PM

I'm still not totally down with what happened with her daughter. They don't speak, I know.

But DL has never mentioned Paula Poundstone like sexual abuse rumors.

by Anonymousreply 152November 2, 2019 11:07 PM

As opposed to the president R149?

by Anonymousreply 153November 2, 2019 11:08 PM

Maybe it's sad that we hold a lesbian has-been chat show host with violent tendencies to higher standards than the Leader of the Free World, but that's the world we live in.

What's to gain by rolling around in the mud with Trump?

by Anonymousreply 154November 2, 2019 11:11 PM

R152, when her underage daughter ran away with an older man, Rosie reported her to the police as a runaway. Rosie revealed that her daughter had a hole in her brain. I seem to recall that the condition can sometimes occur in utero when the birth mother uses drugs. The issue apparently wasn't diagnosed until later in life when the daughter had behavior issues (and maybe learning issues?). Chelsea had moved in with the guy, and they needed money. The tabloids came calling just in time. Chelsea sold stories about Rosie to the tabloids. She even went to meet her birth mother, and the tabloids were there to photograph it. (They possibly engineered it.). She moved in with her bio mom, but apparently left after a few weeks.

She continued to sell stories to the tabloids; there were no bombshell revelations. At some point they reconciled, and Chelsea moved in with a different guy that Rosie thought was OK and had a kid. Awhile back, Rosie posted a pic of herself holding her grandkid. So, they reconciled. It's in Chelsea's best interest to have a bigger (and wealthier) family for her baby. And you just know Rosie would spoil a grandkid.

by Anonymousreply 155November 2, 2019 11:38 PM

[quote] It's amazing the number of lesbians -- even really butch ones like Rosie -- who claim to have at one point or another slept with a man.

I don't find it all that surprising. Lesbians want penetration just like straight women do. It takes some of them time to decide that a real penis is, in their minds, a vile instrument, and they'd rather have some other broad banging them with a strap on.

by Anonymousreply 156November 2, 2019 11:53 PM

Oh, this site is getting so annoying...

We actually have gay incels who never leave their...well, whatever it is they live in.

by Anonymousreply 157November 3, 2019 12:13 AM

R146 , love that clip of Rosie on "The View." Rosie is locked and loaded to talk about Donald Trump, screwing over his creditors in bankruptcy, etc. Then she throws in something about a snake oil salesman on "Little House in the Prairie." Rosie is like a DLer with all her stores of pop culture knowledge. Joy Behar looks truly entertained by R.

by Anonymousreply 158November 3, 2019 12:16 AM

[quote]Chelsea moved in with a different guy that Rosie thought was OK and had a kid. Awhile back, Rosie posted a pic of herself holding her grandkid. So, they reconciled.

A fella can still hope for Chelsea to pen a "Rosie Dearest" book. I think every DLer in the world would call in sick on the publication date.

by Anonymousreply 159November 3, 2019 12:20 AM

One must worry about Rosie's mental state now that she praises Bush after decades of trashing him daily.

Does she have any core beliefs other than hating Trump?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 160November 3, 2019 2:39 AM

I like Rosie. Remember when she got an Oscar for riding the bus with her sister?

by Anonymousreply 161November 3, 2019 3:12 AM

[quote] I like Rosie.

Actually so do I. There was a time I almost was her only defender on datalounge. Around the time Taboo closed there was general joy here celebrating the show's failure and her financial loss. I posted a bit of information about the tax code that would minimize her loss and complimented her effort.

Predictably most of the response were negative and hateful but there was one unsigned that simply said "thank you". I've always believed that was Rosie, because I can't imagine there was anybody else in the pre-Trump days who would have thanked me for sticking up for her.

But she creates most of her own drama, generally unnecessary and self-destructive .

by Anonymousreply 162November 3, 2019 4:46 AM

Now that she's made up with Bush (R160), she should try reach some sort of agreement with Trump. Spending her days hate-blogging every bit of news may end up killing her.

DL won't like it but she would win some new fans, and most importantly, her healing process. can begin.

by Anonymousreply 163November 3, 2019 4:53 AM

[quote] there was one unsigned that simply said "thank you". I've always believed that was Rosie

I think it has been suspected for years that Rosie posts in her DL threads.

by Anonymousreply 164November 3, 2019 4:59 AM

Someone who has a crafts room would definitely have the time and inclination to post on Data Lounge.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 165November 3, 2019 5:07 AM

Why does anyone care about what this bitch does???

by Anonymousreply 166November 3, 2019 5:57 AM

I wonder what the household Rosie grew up in was like. I agree with the assessment upthread that she's like Trump in some ways. So many lesbians seem to some kind of background where hating men is their dominant feeling and being a lesbian just comes out of that. I mean, while we mention Ellen take a read of Anne Heche's early life on Wikipedia.

by Anonymousreply 167November 3, 2019 7:39 AM

[quote]I like Rosie. Remember when she got an Oscar for riding the bus with her sister?

Considering Rosie met and hung-out with the real woman and accurately portrayed her, are you saying you are no better than Trump mocking a disabled person?

by Anonymousreply 168November 3, 2019 7:56 AM

Not her finest hour

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 169November 3, 2019 7:59 AM

[quote]He took it very personally. He appeared on several talk shows over the next several days (to promote the Apprentice), and he used those spots to insult Rosie with low blows (her weight, her looks). He even made one remark about Rosie's wife Kelly, that she should try being with a real man, or that he could show her, or something weird/gross. Rosie was visibly shaken when the show came back over the weekend. HIs response went overboard, and it was a preview of how he now gets obsessed with trashing anyone he thinks has criticized or slighted him.

Actually, he did it for the next YEAR. he went on every talk show and even the hosts sat there and laughed. He called an out gay woman with a wife (until the government annulled her marriage) and kids a degenerate on Letterman. I'm sure many of you fellow degenerates enjoyed it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 170November 3, 2019 8:03 AM

We all know what Trump is like.

But holding a grudge doesn't achieve anything. Rosie can accept that he's an asshole and still move on.

Her anger issues don't help herself or those around her.

She needs to engage and do personal development on herself. Maybe with a therapist. Who knows -- if she did she might still have some semblance of a career.

by Anonymousreply 171November 3, 2019 8:14 AM

I just Googled 'rosie o'donnell bike shorts' and there's a photo...

by Anonymousreply 172November 3, 2019 8:18 AM

I don't remember this. Did people start turning on her before The View?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 173November 3, 2019 8:19 AM

[quote]Considering Rosie met and hung-out with the real woman and accurately portrayed her, are you saying you are no better than Trump mocking a disabled person?

I had no idea she was portraying a real person, so, no, definitely not mocking a disabled person, Joyce.

by Anonymousreply 174November 3, 2019 9:07 AM

Even just fifteen years ago that kind of question wouldn't have been asked. Now we'd get a million angry tweets about Rosie's casting a la Matt Bomer and Emma Stone.

by Anonymousreply 175November 3, 2019 9:41 AM

Beth Simon

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 176November 3, 2019 12:41 PM

I see the resemblance now, r176.

by Anonymousreply 177November 3, 2019 1:40 PM

R156, you're funny, and misinformed.

by Anonymousreply 178November 3, 2019 3:29 PM

A lot of the lesbians who claim to hate penis own dildoes. R156 is right.

by Anonymousreply 179November 3, 2019 3:38 PM

A lot of lesbians have never owned or used a dildoe, R179.

by Anonymousreply 180November 3, 2019 3:39 PM

Yeah, but lots have.

Do you prefer to scissor?

by Anonymousreply 181November 3, 2019 3:40 PM

What planet did you just step off of, R181?

by Anonymousreply 182November 3, 2019 3:44 PM

Earth.

How's the weather on Planet Womyn?

by Anonymousreply 183November 3, 2019 3:46 PM

She'll find another cutie-patootie soon.

by Anonymousreply 184November 3, 2019 6:40 PM

She needs to find someone more age appropriate. No one likes old poonanie

by Anonymousreply 185November 3, 2019 6:43 PM

[quote] Did people start turning on her before The View?

I think the first crack in the facade was her ambush of Tom Selleck. It gave a lot of people pause.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 186November 3, 2019 9:02 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!