Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Taylor Swift

She used to be so wholesome. What happened?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93January 25, 2020 10:29 AM

her old face lol.

she could barely open her eyes back then, now she looks kind of possessed.

by Anonymousreply 1October 29, 2019 5:42 PM

She revealed her inner soul, a huge, cunty money-hungry whore.

by Anonymousreply 2October 29, 2019 5:47 PM

So sweet when she was doing country.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3October 29, 2019 5:50 PM

All I see is a manipulative, scheming, over-privileged closeted Lesbian with too much money.

by Anonymousreply 4October 29, 2019 5:51 PM

Who's the boy in this video?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5October 29, 2019 5:52 PM

R5

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6October 29, 2019 5:54 PM

I personally don’t get what the hate is about her. I get if she’s not one’s cup of tea. A lot of the attacks on her are based on distortion.

by Anonymousreply 7October 29, 2019 5:57 PM

Very normal boys in her old videos.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8October 29, 2019 5:59 PM

r7 only if you know nothing about her would you make that statement.

by Anonymousreply 9October 29, 2019 6:00 PM

I love the French guy in this one.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10October 29, 2019 6:10 PM

Things started going South when she started collecting supermodels and making them her #SquadGoals, then pretending they were all not only her best friends but also each other's best friends -which was ridiculous. I think that whole saga turned off a lot of people.

Then Kim K and Kanye happened which sealed the deal.

by Anonymousreply 11October 29, 2019 6:12 PM

She hit 30, OP. She grew up.

by Anonymousreply 12October 29, 2019 6:14 PM

HAHAHAHA r12. Right, that's why all of her songs are still tween girl nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 13October 29, 2019 6:15 PM

Still sweet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14October 29, 2019 6:22 PM

I had forgotten this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15October 29, 2019 6:40 PM

R13-I simply meant that's why she's not so wholesome anymore. A 30-year-old can't pull off the kind of bubblegum Swift used to in the day when middle schoolers were her core audience. Relax.

by Anonymousreply 16October 29, 2019 6:52 PM

She actually isnt 30 till December.

by Anonymousreply 17October 29, 2019 6:56 PM

r16 have you HEARD her latest releases? They're all the same stuff. Her audience is the same.

by Anonymousreply 18October 29, 2019 7:42 PM

R11: I don't think Kim and Kanye are a problem, people hate them way more than they hate Taylor.

I think she is talented, Safe and sound is a great song, but i don't understood the obvious bearding, if all her gay boyfriends come out someday it will be terribly embarrassing.

She never needed to sell her live to sell albums but she is very ambitious

by Anonymousreply 19October 29, 2019 7:49 PM

A few months ago, that bitch was at Target for her new, lame CD and acted like an entitled cunt to the parents and children there to see her. Many parents returned her CD in protest!

by Anonymousreply 20October 29, 2019 7:53 PM

The closet kills.

by Anonymousreply 21October 29, 2019 8:01 PM

R20 Ooo never saw anything about it even on Twitter. Deets please?

by Anonymousreply 22October 30, 2019 5:42 AM

[quote]The closet kills.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23October 30, 2019 5:47 AM

CDs R20? People even still buy those? TS seems totally out of touch with reality.

by Anonymousreply 24October 30, 2019 5:48 AM

Is Joe Alwyn gay too or just using her to raise his profile for awhile?

by Anonymousreply 25October 30, 2019 5:51 AM

Great songwriter, great entertainer,and a voice who makes the songs work. The new album is terrific.

Taylor Swift is a liberal, an ally, and seemingly a d3cent person. The DL hate is just pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 26October 30, 2019 6:33 AM

When I first looked up what people meant by the slang expression "basic bitch", I remember thinking of Taylor Swift.

by Anonymousreply 27October 30, 2019 7:11 AM

she grew up!

by Anonymousreply 28October 30, 2019 7:29 AM

People don't hate Kim K. She's the most famous woman in the world. Sweet woman making her fortune and trying to do some good along the way. Nobody hates her anymore. Taylor looks like a lesbian killer in a biker gang. She's a good songwriter, though a huge fraud about it.

by Anonymousreply 29October 30, 2019 7:43 AM

She’s a good songwriter but a fraud about it?

Yeah, that makes sense. Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 30October 30, 2019 7:52 AM

She got too old for her old shtick... the awkward girl trying to fit in (adorable btw). She took on this diva persona with a squad and a whatnot. In a way it makes sense: she's and adult and confident about her influence in the music business and the culture at large.

by Anonymousreply 31October 30, 2019 7:53 AM

You're a moron R30.

by Anonymousreply 32October 30, 2019 8:32 AM

[Quote] and acted like an entitled cunt to the parents and children there to see her. Many parents returned her CD in protest!

What happened?

[Quote] People don't hate Kim K. She's the most famous woman in the world. Sweet woman making her fortune and trying to do some good along the way. Nobody hates her anymore. Taylor looks like a lesbian killer in a biker gang.

Did Khloe type this??

by Anonymousreply 33October 30, 2019 12:48 PM

R29-La Swift looks like this? Really?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34October 30, 2019 1:01 PM

Artist Of The Decade

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35October 30, 2019 1:48 PM

R29: Oh come on, you must be kidding, Kim Kardashian is a no talent who will safe her daughter to one more minute of fame. She is a nobody with money. And yes, a lot of people can't stand her.

Like it or not, Taylor has talent and she known for her music not for selling her life. I suppose Kanye must hate the fact that now she is way more famous than him (but even at the time of the incident she was selling more albums than him anyway)

by Anonymousreply 36October 30, 2019 2:58 PM

who will sell her daughter

by Anonymousreply 37October 30, 2019 2:59 PM

Deathfat fraus and fags are jealous of my beloved Taylor's bagging so many hot dudes. That explains it. MEH. Drop dead, aunties, and wish you'll be more beautiful and talented in your next life.

by Anonymousreply 38October 30, 2019 4:34 PM

Taylor is anti-Trump. That's good enuf for me.

by Anonymousreply 39October 30, 2019 5:09 PM

I definitely prefer her to Kanye.

by Anonymousreply 40October 30, 2019 5:35 PM

R38 whatever you're on I want some of it.

by Anonymousreply 41October 31, 2019 2:34 AM

Vagina vitamins.

by Anonymousreply 42October 31, 2019 3:01 AM

R42 sounds familiar

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43October 31, 2019 3:42 AM

Taylor is going to be "Artist of the decade". Kanye must be SEETHING and already plotting a way to get back at her. I am 100% sure Kanye thinks he deserves this award.

Sometimes I can't tell if he hates her or wants to BE her!

by Anonymousreply 44November 1, 2019 7:12 AM

she can't sing for shit her songwriting is overrated too. her music sounds like it comes from a teenager's diary. shes mentally 15 and probably will be until she dies she is a FAKE ally and was a closet republican up until a couple of years ago.

case in point, she is white mediocrity personified and dare I say the most overrated "pop star" of all time

by Anonymousreply 45November 1, 2019 9:05 AM

R45 Shawn Mendes is the most overrated popstar of all time 😂

Taylor is not a brilliant artist in any way but she is a brilliant popstar. She is not innovative, not very talented and yeah she has her moments but the songwriting is overrated. As a package however - that is supposed to be appealing to the masses - she is pretty good.

Shawn on the other hand is horrendous! Never got his appeal.

by Anonymousreply 46November 1, 2019 9:17 AM

[quote]was a closet republican up until a couple of years ago.

Exactly. She only realised what a gay man was when she realised she needed the pink dollar. As for race and poverty and immigration, you hear nada. She's as fake as it gets.

by Anonymousreply 47November 1, 2019 10:49 AM

Her voice is pleasant enough when stripped down:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48November 1, 2019 11:01 AM

Funny you should say that R29, I came across this little gem the other day. Not the best lookalike but I can see what they were going for.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49November 1, 2019 11:21 AM

R47: She never needed the pink dollar, all her country albums sold more than 4 million.

And Kanye is a lunatic hasbeen. He was one of the most talented rappers, and he was very different from the rest. Now he is a pathetic idiot, a Trumper and he is married with someone who cares way more about fame and money than her husband's mental health

by Anonymousreply 50November 1, 2019 1:05 PM

R49: apart of being blondes they don't look alike at all

by Anonymousreply 51November 1, 2019 1:05 PM

I like the contrast she provides against people like Kanye: positive, humble (enough), mature and sane demeanor/dignity, an overall clean image. I like that she's a feminist.

I like the contrast with Britney Spears: Taylor is smart and sane - she has goals and personal drama is just a mine for material, not something that get get her off track, like a child/bimbo (Britney).

She's a good example for girls, overall.

by Anonymousreply 52November 1, 2019 1:57 PM

r50 you need the pink dollar if you want out of country - as Taylor did - to go pop and make club bangers.

by Anonymousreply 53November 1, 2019 2:28 PM

[quote]I like the contrast she provides against people like Kanye: positive, humble (enough), mature and sane demeanor/dignity, an overall clean image. I like that she's a feminist.

She's a classical sociopath CEO that has never had a sincere moment in her professional life. She is easily as petty as Kanye.

by Anonymousreply 54November 1, 2019 2:29 PM

R54, I don't care what she is inside (as long as she's not an animal abuser): I care about the overall image she presents and elevates. I want more girls acting like her, and fewer acting like whatever Kanye represents.

by Anonymousreply 55November 1, 2019 2:30 PM

You want more girls having fake relationships and selling organising sale of pictures of said relationships to to racist, homophobic, gutter tabloids like The Sun?

She represents the same values of greed, vanity, ego and insincerity and Kim Kardashian. Only Kim doesn't lie about it by hiding behind a corporate nice-girl machine.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56November 1, 2019 2:34 PM

She had a lot of fake relationships, but frankly that's basic standards for singers and actors right now.

And you have plenty of people on DL that justified bearding if they like the guy (just like in the Chalamet threads).

And well, maybe she wanted pink dollar, but at least she showed way more vocal support than Rihanna or Beyonce who like the pink dollar too

by Anonymousreply 57November 1, 2019 2:39 PM

R56, girls generally don't see that stuff. They see a overall pleasant-acting, clean, mature young woman who acts responsibly (overall) and doesn't indulge (much) in trashy culture (cf. pop). Those standards stick before they learn about the sham, if any.

On the surface, she's the ideal young woman (minus the career in entertainment). No ink, babies, sex tapes. Feminism-espousing. LGBT-supporting (whether sincere or not).

I'd like her to go to college somehow, however, to demonstrate that education is important, but you can't have everything. But it's too late.

We're talking surface. Performative examples for kids.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58November 1, 2019 2:43 PM

She highlights important issues.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59November 1, 2019 2:48 PM

She promotes civic duty and engagement.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60November 1, 2019 2:50 PM

She gives to LGBT orgs (however shitty they may be, but still).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61November 1, 2019 2:51 PM

Yet you want young girls behaving like her?

by Anonymousreply 62November 1, 2019 2:52 PM

R62, overall, yes, but scaled to the reality of their own lives. I don't want them going into entertainment, and I want them to go to college at least. But otherwise, yes, they should emulate her.

Lots of charity work, but I'd like her to give to animal causes too. She's always talking about her cats.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63November 1, 2019 2:55 PM

She adopted her youngest cat.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64November 1, 2019 2:57 PM

God are Swifties embarrassing. No one gives a shit about how "woke" she is here. Her cats are those Scottish Folds, veterinarians hate that all the kids want those cats now because their short legs and nose cause terrible pain and breathing problems.

by Anonymousreply 65November 1, 2019 2:58 PM

[Quote] I like that she's a feminist.

Squad goals isn't feminism. Nor is saying there's a special place in hell for women like Tina Fey because Taylor can't take a joke. And calling Britney a bimbo isn't helping your case either.

by Anonymousreply 66November 1, 2019 4:03 PM

r52 she isn't a feminist. She's a marketing construct and she's appropriated the label to sell more albums because it sells well.

by Anonymousreply 67November 3, 2019 9:43 PM

[Quote] Swift praised Jameela Jamil for her "body neutrality" advocacy and shared her support for the movement as a whole

Wtf is body neutrality?

[Quote] "When I was, like, 23... people were just kind of reducing me to … making slideshows of my dating life

Because that was part of your pr machine.

[Quote] I worked hard to retrain my brain that a little extra weight means curves, shinier hair, and more energy," the singer continued. "I think a lot of us push the boundaries of dieting, but taking it too far can be really dangerous. There is no quick fix. I work on accepting my body every day."

Then why get a boob job?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68November 3, 2019 10:00 PM

Lover Remix Feat. Yours Truly!!!! DL fave Shawn Mendes <3

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69November 13, 2019 3:47 PM

The Swift fans who want more girls to be like for what she looks like - blonde, white, clean, nice, tattoo free, not a Kardashian - rather than what she is, how she behaves and how she treats people - are everything that is wrong with capitalist America.

The rat she conducts business you should have no more respect for her than you do Kris Jenner.

by Anonymousreply 70November 13, 2019 4:03 PM

The Swift fans who want more girls to be like for what she looks like - blonde, white, clean, nice, tattoo free, not a Kardashian - rather than what she is, how she behaves and how she treats people - are everything that is wrong with capitalist America.

The rat she conducts business you should have no more respect for her than you do Kris Jenner.

by Anonymousreply 71November 13, 2019 4:03 PM

The standard formatting on DL for the thread title is:

Taylor Swift - why did her career go straight to the shitter?

by Anonymousreply 72November 13, 2019 4:09 PM

[Quote] The Swift fans who want more girls to be like for what she looks like - blonde, white, clean, nice, tattoo free, not a Kardashian

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73November 14, 2019 2:46 AM

I used to love her music, but haven't listened in a long time. I clicked on the link to "Tears on My Guitar" that someone upstream posted, and remembered why I used to love her music. Although it has been a long time since I was in HS, the song is beautifully-writen and still relatable. I love it. Her newer stuff? It has nothing to do with me or with real life, and I have no interest in listening to it. I downloaded her latest on apple music,but haven't even listened to it yet. I doubt I will. It's a shame she outgrew her original market. We can all use well-crafted, heartfelt songs like she used to sing; we don't need more of the generic crap she is singing now.

by Anonymousreply 74November 14, 2019 3:03 AM

The Taylor Swift stans have made yet another thread!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75November 14, 2019 3:06 AM

I'll always love the Queen of Soul and Shade, Aretha Franklin, for her "great gowns, beautiful gowns" dig at this overrated white bitch Taylor Swift.

by Anonymousreply 76November 14, 2019 6:06 AM

When she started adding rappers to her songs. and started that feud with Katy Perry.

she should just come out of the closet already. Country music fans are more accepting than you think. Well that's according to Dolly Parton.

she looks so innocent and wholesome in this video. And I don't even like country music.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77November 17, 2019 11:40 AM

Surprised she hasn't done a duet with Dolly. Maybe Miley wouldn't approve lol

by Anonymousreply 78November 17, 2019 12:19 PM

Not very talented. Period. Also overtly annoying with the victimization and bearding.

by Anonymousreply 79November 17, 2019 12:36 PM

She gives off a big Charlize vibe in her older pictures

by Anonymousreply 80November 17, 2019 1:42 PM

Wtf

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81December 5, 2019 2:42 AM

I love the song in OP’s post, I don’t care what you bitches say.

by Anonymousreply 82December 5, 2019 2:56 AM

I don't care what she does.

by Anonymousreply 83December 5, 2019 3:02 AM

Miss Americana trailer

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84January 24, 2020 11:14 AM

She finally got a good dicking from her hot ass boyfriend. I think it’s made her less cuntish.

by Anonymousreply 85January 24, 2020 11:33 AM

Joe isn't hot though.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86January 24, 2020 11:58 AM

I disagree R86, albeit respectfully.

by Anonymousreply 87January 24, 2020 12:12 PM

What makes money changed. Tweenage girls no longer wanted to pay for Teardrops On My Guitar type shit, so Taylor started making stuff like1984, which although still bubblegum sweet, had a little bit more of an adult edge to it. Then, when that wasn't enough, she made that stupid album whose name I can't remember but it was supposed to be the "bad girl" one. Then when her audience decided that was too much, she went back to the bubblegum pop shit with her "Me!" album. She's a puppet of the masses, she changes her whole style according to whatever makes her money. This is why I hate when people call her an artist, because artists have a specific musical style. She's just a money/fame-whore, she's her record label's dancing monkey.

by Anonymousreply 88January 24, 2020 12:36 PM

Everyone was so happy to see her at Target.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89January 24, 2020 12:42 PM

Gay men that stan people like Taylor Swift, Ariana Grande, etc etc send me running for the hills. At best they're basic bitches with no personality or substance, and at worst they're man-children with developmental disabilities. Either way it's a cock wilter.

by Anonymousreply 90January 24, 2020 12:45 PM

Lens happened.

by Anonymousreply 91January 24, 2020 12:45 PM

[Quote] she's her record label's dancing monkey.

Which came back to bite her in the ass.

by Anonymousreply 92January 25, 2020 9:23 AM

cccp

by Anonymousreply 93January 25, 2020 10:29 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!