Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Ben Affleck Has Relapsed Again

Will he go back to rehab?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 367December 2, 2019 3:10 AM

Trying to post the link again. It's on TMZ.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1October 27, 2019 4:13 PM

Ugh. Trying one last time. No idea why this isn't working; I'm just copying and pasting from the site.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2October 27, 2019 4:15 PM

Finally!

by Anonymousreply 3October 27, 2019 4:15 PM

No wonder he and J-Gar recently attended a church service together.

Having religion take the place of alcohol in Affleck's heart would be interesting to watch.

by Anonymousreply 4October 27, 2019 4:18 PM

The straight male Neely O'Hara

by Anonymousreply 5October 27, 2019 4:18 PM

That’s gotta be the most pathetic Halloween “costume” I’ve ever seen.

by Anonymousreply 6October 27, 2019 4:22 PM

Not surprised. Eh, oh well, he’s past his prime and can only really get roles now in films his friends make. Better the drink than drugs, I suppose.

by Anonymousreply 7October 27, 2019 4:24 PM

NEELY! NEELY O'HARA!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8October 27, 2019 4:26 PM

"Sparkle Neely, sparkle!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9October 27, 2019 4:27 PM

Doing what OP should’ve done:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10October 27, 2019 4:28 PM

What emotional pain does he have that's so severe he has to drink that way?

Was he sexually abused or something?

by Anonymousreply 11October 27, 2019 4:29 PM

Gerard Butler never gave up booze. But he's lost the weight and looks super-hot again!

Sad Ben!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12October 27, 2019 4:29 PM

Has Matt Damon commented yet?

by Anonymousreply 13October 27, 2019 4:29 PM

Next he'll be trotting out the 20-something stripper girlfriend.

by Anonymousreply 14October 27, 2019 4:30 PM

[QUOTE] What emotional pain does he have that's so severe he has to drink that way?

None. He’s just a lousy drunk.

by Anonymousreply 15October 27, 2019 4:30 PM

R11?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16October 27, 2019 4:31 PM

[quote]During Affleck's childhood, his father had a self-described "severe, chronic problem with alcoholism", and Affleck has recalled him drinking "all day ... every day". He and his younger brother attended Al-Anon support meetings from a young age. His father continued to drink, and spent two years homeless.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17October 27, 2019 4:33 PM

Yeah well most people would use that as a hard lesson to stay away from booze in the first place. Donald Trump for example saw what alcoholism did to his brother and refuses to touch the stuff. I also avoid drinking after seeing the out of control alcoholic men in my family whereas I, as a masculine, dominant top, must always be in control of my faculties.

by Anonymousreply 18October 27, 2019 4:39 PM

Did he eat steak tartare?

by Anonymousreply 19October 27, 2019 4:42 PM

Need to kill the myth that people become sober and that’s the end. All or nothing thinking contributes to the problem. Relapses are part of the process. It’s not a TV movie, it’s life.

by Anonymousreply 20October 27, 2019 4:52 PM

What is the point of going to rehab again? Last time he went, he spent his days going home to work out, eat dinner, etc. He was given special privileges. But the Bible bitch has never met a photo op that she didn't like, so I'm sure there will be another desperate intervention and more pics of them in the Jack in the Box drive thru.

by Anonymousreply 21October 27, 2019 5:11 PM

He is a heart attack waiting to happen.

by Anonymousreply 22October 27, 2019 5:13 PM

"What emotional pain does he have that's so severe he has to drink that way? "

I don't think people abuse substances just because of emotional pain. Sure, some people are trying to blot out reality, but some just like their favorite substances! There's also the theory that some people are born without the capacity to stop when it's a good idea to stop, that feedback loops in the brain say "More, more!", when they should say "You've had enough, it's time to stop".

With my own substance abuse issues, I think it was a combination of all three.

by Anonymousreply 23October 27, 2019 5:20 PM

R20 makes an interesting point. My question to all of you is, does someone need to not drink alcohol totally in order to be “cured”? Or is it ok to get occasionally drunk, as long as you don’t get drunk all day, or to the point where you’re destroying your liver? Maybe this is as good as it gets for Ben.

by Anonymousreply 24October 27, 2019 6:15 PM

I'm shocked the church visits with frau Garner didn't rid him of such demons.

by Anonymousreply 25October 27, 2019 6:25 PM

Yes r18, but that bloated orange lardass pops Sudafed and Adderall like they’re tictacs so it’s a wash.

Yay for Dump he doesn’t drink. Boo for the rest of us that he’s a pill popping psychotic. His eyes are spinning in his head he’s so high all the fucking time.

by Anonymousreply 26October 27, 2019 6:35 PM

"Frau" Garner is deseparately trying the save her children's dignity and financial legacy. She is a f*cking saint and does not deserve your scorn.

Her ex-husband is a colossal f*ck-up who was engaged to marry both J-Lo AND Gwyneth Paltrow. After that soul-crushing f*ckery, he's just lucky to be alive.

by Anonymousreply 27October 27, 2019 6:36 PM

OP is a dumbass.

by Anonymousreply 28October 27, 2019 6:38 PM

I hope he wasn't driving.

by Anonymousreply 29October 27, 2019 6:44 PM

Dear Ben, whatever you do, please, please don't ever lose those succulent, scrumptious, delectable man titties of yours. I so want to give those bodacious ta-tas a workout they'll never forget.

by Anonymousreply 30October 27, 2019 6:47 PM

[quote]"Frau" Garner is deseparately trying the save her children's dignity and financial legacy. She is a f*cking saint and does not deserve your scorn. Her ex-husband is a colossal f*ck-up who was engaged to marry both J-Lo AND Gwyneth Paltrow. After that soul-crushing f*ckery, he's just lucky to be alive.

LOL. His engagement to Goop ended because he cheated on her, his engagement to J Lo ended because he ate some strippers' pussies. Frau Garner thought she was special and it would be different for her? Who would marry and breed with someone like him in the first place? She made her bed/deal with the devil, I have no sympathy whatsoever.

by Anonymousreply 31October 27, 2019 6:48 PM

Honestly, who could possibly have thought that making a drunk who was engaged to Lopez and Paltrow the father of your children was a good idea?

I pity the children. The dad is a drunk, and the mother is a fool.

by Anonymousreply 32October 27, 2019 6:53 PM

Having followed the same path, I can't judge him. I'm sober now, but I fear the next time I'm not. Its a hellish existence.

by Anonymousreply 33October 27, 2019 7:10 PM

[quote] Relapses are part of the process. It’s not a TV movie, it’s life.

It's true that people relapse then get back on track. With Affleck, though, he seems to be relapsing more than he is sober.

by Anonymousreply 34October 27, 2019 7:23 PM

I highly doubt that this Halloween party was the first time he got drunk in the last year. He's been doing it at home, this time he ventured out. He's always knee-deep in his own shit, it's amazing.

by Anonymousreply 35October 27, 2019 7:42 PM

Crazy how he would relapse in such a public way. What a mess.

by Anonymousreply 36October 27, 2019 7:45 PM

Nobody's perfect!

Money and success doesn't buy happiness.

by Anonymousreply 37October 27, 2019 7:48 PM

He's in a very stressful environment, lots of pressure...

He uses booze to deal with it...

I guess he isn't using coke anymore since he's a fatty now...

In his mind, he's quit something at least...you gotta pick your poison...his is booze.

by Anonymousreply 38October 27, 2019 7:50 PM

What’s his skin color?

by Anonymousreply 39October 27, 2019 7:51 PM

[quote]I guess he isn't using coke anymore since he's a fatty now...

He's lost a lot of weight from 2 years ago. Wouldn't surprise me if cocaine was behind it.

by Anonymousreply 40October 27, 2019 7:56 PM

Ben Affleck Has Relapsed!

Get up, Ben, we hate you.

by Anonymousreply 41October 27, 2019 7:58 PM

What else you expect from a pervert like Ben Affleck?

by Anonymousreply 42October 27, 2019 8:00 PM

Brother, where art thou?

📞

by Anonymousreply 43October 27, 2019 8:04 PM

Here’s what supremely FUCKED about addiction, that most people, even addicts, don’t get:

It doesn’t matter if you’re happy or sad. It doesn’t matter if you’re rich or poor. Marriage, divorce, new found romance, those things don’t matter.

The unfortunate truth is, once you develop addiction and/or alcoholism, stopping forever, and ever, is rare.

Relapse is the norm, not the exception.

The trick is, swallow your pride, and humble yourself in order to understand that you’re now accompanied by an invisible monster, for the rest of your life. Admit to your loved ones that you relapsed, and do everything possible to get back on the right track.

That monster? It ain’t going no where. You’re married to the goddamned thing, for life. Once you realize this, you will be ready to learn how to live with that monster, and you will take the steps necessary for that monster to remain sleeping.

That monster is never going to change, but you can change, and must, if remaining sober is your goal.

Keep coming back, Ben. It happens to the best of us.

by Anonymousreply 44October 27, 2019 8:16 PM

Well said R44

by Anonymousreply 45October 27, 2019 8:21 PM

I remember being young and gorgeous. I remember all the hot men around me, too, back then. Some were friends. And I fucked my share of hot studs, too. Even had 2 gorgeous bfs. We all get old. That's what I think when I see fat old bloated Ben staggering around. I think, well, we were all young once. Aging isn't for pussies. He sees like he's a functioning alcoholic who still works and brings home the bacon. Pity he's gone to shit but that's entropy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46October 27, 2019 9:48 PM

I can't believe the idiots going, "I HOPE HE WASN'T DRIVING!"

The video clearly shows Ben getting into the back seat of an SUV that he WAS NOT DRIVING.

by Anonymousreply 47October 27, 2019 10:07 PM

Going to Jen's house like nothing happened.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48October 27, 2019 10:07 PM

Why is Jennifer living in Pasadena?

by Anonymousreply 49October 27, 2019 10:31 PM

It's a typo. It's Pacific Palisades.

Now, how much did Ben pay off the paps not to publish photos of his girlfriend doing the walk of shame? That is the real question. Four figures? Five?

by Anonymousreply 50October 27, 2019 10:34 PM

My friend attended a few of his Vegas poker parties a few years ago and there was coke everywhere. He’s an addict all the way around. Gambling, sex, blow, and booze. Also rumors of heroin for a bit in the more recent past. It’s really sad. He has too much money and too may enablers. I also don’t think that he really wants to be sober or clean. You have to want it more than anything in the world. He should leave Hollywood and stop the pussyhounding for a while and go into long term live in treatment.

by Anonymousreply 51October 27, 2019 10:38 PM

Is Matt one of his enablers?

by Anonymousreply 52October 27, 2019 10:41 PM

[quote]What emotional pain does he have that's so severe he has to drink that way?

As noted upthread, his dad was a severe alcoholic who took years to get sober. A nice person - as is Ben's mom - but he had issues. His mother also drank and committed suicide a few years before Ben's birth, his younger brother (Ben's uncle) also died young in either an accident or an overdose.

Ben's mom is decent and did her best with Ben and Casey, but they've always come across as a bit coddled and spoiled. There may have been some over-compensation with them due to all the father's troubles and household turmoil. Both sons are talented, but don't seem to cope well with the pressures of fame or celebrity.

by Anonymousreply 53October 27, 2019 10:44 PM

He stumbled because he was wearing a mask. Those fuckers are hard to see out of.

by Anonymousreply 54October 27, 2019 10:45 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55October 27, 2019 10:49 PM

He really does look heavy and his eyes are like little slits.

Poor kids, high likelihood to become addicts too, genes and this as their childhood.

by Anonymousreply 56October 27, 2019 10:53 PM

It sounds like Ben's family on his father's side are nothing but genetic time bombs. Holy shit, do you think Jennifer G. is freaking out. There's no way at least one of their kids doesn't wind up an addict, too.

by Anonymousreply 57October 27, 2019 10:56 PM

he's probably in a mid-life crisis...I know so many 50 year olds who are acting like teenagers. When I ask, why can't you act like a normal 50yr old and the reply I usually get is...normal is boring. They want to be young, free and wild forever...

by Anonymousreply 58October 27, 2019 10:56 PM

Those kids are DOOMED.

by Anonymousreply 59October 27, 2019 10:57 PM

Is Matt Damon sober

by Anonymousreply 60October 27, 2019 10:59 PM

Everyone is an enabler who has given him a bit of respect.

by Anonymousreply 61October 27, 2019 11:03 PM

I am sure the kids are teased at school.

He does not seem serious about being sober, If he has some underlying mental health issues or childhood trauma driving this now would be a fine time for that to be addressed. He comes across as a sleaze, how many times has he gone to rehab? People like this hold their family hostage. Even after the divorce everyhing revolves around him using or not using that day. The kids never get stability or the chance to be kids, the focus is all on the addict and holidays are often ruined. Jenn may have $ but those kids are paying a high price.

by Anonymousreply 62October 27, 2019 11:08 PM

Is Matt Damon sober?

by Anonymousreply 63October 27, 2019 11:10 PM

Matt Damon has never publicly been known to have any addiction issues.

by Anonymousreply 64October 27, 2019 11:11 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65October 27, 2019 11:18 PM

how long before he and J Lo are touring in Love Letters?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66October 27, 2019 11:50 PM

Giving status updates to paps now. He's so gross and shameless.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67October 27, 2019 11:52 PM

Those paps sound like trash.

Ben looks SO hot in that clip!

by Anonymousreply 68October 27, 2019 11:56 PM

He has such a flat ass. He's shaped like the bulldog in the Bugs Bunny cartoons.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69October 27, 2019 11:56 PM

Holding a press conference in front of Jen's house, saying he slipped and won't let it derail him. Trashy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70October 27, 2019 11:57 PM

What’s his skin color?

by Anonymousreply 71October 28, 2019 12:10 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72October 28, 2019 12:20 AM

Gorgeous and not crumbling in unnecessary shame!

Keep rocking, Ben!

by Anonymousreply 73October 28, 2019 12:21 AM

Has he ever been in rehab without leaving? Wonder if he ever truly dries out?

I thought that there was a drug that blocked alchohol and makes you sick when you drink? Seems like that might make it way less fun?

How embrassing to be stumbling around like that in public.

They both have enough $, the way the family is pimped out is gross.

Gorgeous? Seem heavy to me. Booze bloat?

Has he had sober living companions?

by Anonymousreply 74October 28, 2019 12:22 AM

That fake hair is terrible.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75October 28, 2019 12:23 AM

The fact that he was stumbling, falling down drunk in public last night and today feels no shame is pitiful. His kids will see that video and be teased about it at school. He's such a fucking degenerate. He cares more about making sure the paps have an update than anything else.

by Anonymousreply 76October 28, 2019 12:26 AM

Arabic looking at R75.

by Anonymousreply 77October 28, 2019 12:27 AM

This will embolden him to pull more stunts like this then call them slip-ups. Let's face it, he's never really stopped drinking and never will.

by Anonymousreply 78October 28, 2019 12:28 AM

Being drunk and looking it is never a good look.

by Anonymousreply 79October 28, 2019 12:31 AM

The Cult of AA are always so fiery angry seeing someone like Ben enjoying himself.

Never met a Cult member who was nice and happy.

by Anonymousreply 80October 28, 2019 12:37 AM

Why do people care so much?

by Anonymousreply 81October 28, 2019 12:50 AM

Maybe his first Grandchild in a couple of years will set him on the path of the straight and narrow

by Anonymousreply 82October 28, 2019 12:52 AM

Grandchild? His eldest is like 14. Grandkids wouldn't calm him down anyway.

by Anonymousreply 83October 28, 2019 12:53 AM

I think he's a hopeless drunk and will never recover. He's lost his marriage (BFD), full access to his kids, at least one high-profile movie role... and still he doesn't seem to care. He likes drinking, young women, partying on the town. That will never change. When he's 65 he will still be doing this. He has no reason to be sober. His kids aren't even enough of a reason for him.

by Anonymousreply 84October 28, 2019 12:56 AM

If he keeps boozing and especially if he's also doing coke, he won't see 65.

by Anonymousreply 85October 28, 2019 1:01 AM

Booze + coke - is he bipolar?

Still cavorting with playmates?

by Anonymousreply 86October 28, 2019 1:09 AM

Has his new PYT been identified yet?

by Anonymousreply 87October 28, 2019 1:12 AM

Why should he feel shame, r76? He didn't hurt anybody or do any damage to someone's property. He faltered in his sobriety. The fact that he immediately admitted it publicly and said he's going to keep trying is admirable. I wish him well and hope he succeeds.

by Anonymousreply 88October 28, 2019 1:25 AM

Perhaps it's his youngest kid's teacher and that was his idea of a 'Parent-Teacher Conference', R87.

by Anonymousreply 89October 28, 2019 1:28 AM

lmao like he had the choice of denying anything with that video being posted on every tabloid site?

by Anonymousreply 90October 28, 2019 1:33 AM

He didn't have to make any comment at all, r90

by Anonymousreply 91October 28, 2019 1:37 AM

What is his ancestry? He looks predominately from the British Isles. Almost everyone I know with alcohol problems seem to come from there and occasionally Germany and Poland.

by Anonymousreply 92October 28, 2019 1:38 AM

This isn't a slip. It's an out-of-control alcoholic. The fact that his priority was giving an update to the paps speaks volumes. Paps before kids, always.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93October 28, 2019 1:39 AM

Ben is WASP. English and Scots-Irish mostly. Slaveowners. They did his family tree on that PBS show with Henry Louis Gates.

by Anonymousreply 94October 28, 2019 1:40 AM

[quote]Ben is WASP. English and Scots-Irish mostly. Slaveowners. They did his family tree on that PBS show with Henry Louis Gates.

He twisted Gates' arm to suppress the fact that he had slave-owning ancestors. It all came out during the Sony hack. The show got suspended as a result.

by Anonymousreply 95October 28, 2019 1:42 AM

I hope Garner is in Al-anon or something. I can’t stand her, but she needs support for the kids.

by Anonymousreply 96October 28, 2019 1:44 AM

His middle name Geza is a tribute to a friend of his parents, a godfather I think, but also to his Persian roots.

by Anonymousreply 97October 28, 2019 1:46 AM

Who will die first, Depp, Perry or Affleck?

by Anonymousreply 98October 28, 2019 1:53 AM

Ben is not Persian r97. His parents are both whiter than Wonder Bread. They can trace their lines back to the American Revolution and pre-Colonial England.

They were, however, upper middle class hipsters in the early 70s in Berkeley, and had a wide variety of friends from many backgrounds there. Ben was born there.

My money is on Depp r98. Older and in way worse shape, physically and financially. Ben is still solvent from what we know.

by Anonymousreply 99October 28, 2019 1:54 AM

Perry, then Depp, then Affleck

by Anonymousreply 100October 28, 2019 1:54 AM

Jen is viewed as a saint in the tabloids. People forget she cheated on her then husband Scott Foley with her costar from Alias and then left that guy for Ben. Karma baby.

by Anonymousreply 101October 28, 2019 2:01 AM

Ben has the body of an alcoholic. Big barrel chest and skinny legs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102October 28, 2019 2:05 AM

How do we know he has relapsed? Where’s the info, OP.

by Anonymousreply 103October 28, 2019 2:06 AM

r103 he was staggering drunk LAST NIGHT.

by Anonymousreply 104October 28, 2019 2:09 AM

R104 where’s the video is it upthread. I’ll go look...

Excuse my stupidity.

by Anonymousreply 105October 28, 2019 2:11 AM

People who refuse to get sober when they have children are such selfish pieces of shit. I feel sorry for those kids.

by Anonymousreply 106October 28, 2019 2:14 AM

People still think she didn't agree to participate in this image rehab?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107October 28, 2019 2:30 AM

Wasn't there a blind item that pointed to Ben Affleck ( or possibly another actor) hooking up with a 14- yr old girl in a non- consensual situation in some uber-elite club for the Wealthy some years ago? I swear this was a rumor floated a couple of years ago. Anyway the story insinuated that Affleck has been basically tormenting himself ever since said event- to the point of not caring about whether he makes it or not, despite his family. I know, I know MARY!

by Anonymousreply 108October 28, 2019 2:48 AM

[QUOTE] How do we know he has relapsed? Where’s the info, OP.

We do not. For all we know he has ataxia, motor-neuron disease that affects his balance and gait.

by Anonymousreply 109October 28, 2019 2:58 AM

R80, you’re full of shit. The only people in AA who will give Ben shit for relapsing, are the same ones who would give him shit for relapsing if they weren’t AA.

Most people in AA have seen this shit hundreds of times. Most people in AA have. Even through this, themselves.

And for those of you who want him to be ashamed, or to express self loathing for relapsing, I ask you, why? Why should he feel ashamed? So that he uses that shame as a reason to further beat himself up, & continue drinking and using? So that he can feel embarrassed about having to go back to rehab, or AA meetings, fearing judgement?

Those are some of the things people tell themselves once they relapse. It blocks them from objectivity and from self acceptance, and from forgiving themselves, in order to quickly address what triggered them to relapse, so that it’s less likely to happen again.

That old AA model of shame is dying off with AA’s dinosaurs, or whom are referred to as AA old timers. It’s 2019. We are making headway into how addiction works.

Ben doesn’t need to be ashamed. This isn’t about how others perceive him. This is about him saving his own ass, and attempting to create a life for himself where he can be physically, mentally and emotionally healthy for himself, and his children.

by Anonymousreply 110October 28, 2019 3:01 AM

He handled is well. Guilt is a useless emotion to addicts. It's counterproductive to recovery. I'm not saying that we don't feel it, but it's more important to acknowledge the slip and move on. Affleck always seems like an asshole, but I would imagine he's a sensitive and sad guy beneath it all. And he hurts and disappoints a lot of people. There really is no such thing as rock bottom. People stop when they're ready or when their body makes them. Or when they die.

That said, if you have kids you owe it to them to try and straighten up. Ben has longstanding disease and enablers. How long do you expect Jen Garner or his family and friends to go through being disappointed and angry and hurt by his behavior? Real life is not like that dumb TV show " Addiction." There they write letters telling the addict how their behavior negatively affects them and give them an ultimatum. Those letters they read are cathartic, the first time. What about when it's an addict's hundredth time fucking up? You either accept them and expect it (mourning who you once knew) or cut ties and get the poison out of your life. But when you share three kids with them, you don't really have that option.

Datalounge often sounds like TMZ. So mocking and taunting. Taking pleasure in another's downfall. Affleck isn't unaffected by last night's "slip." But he's probably grateful that it was contained and that's he's on his feet today. He sounds like someone working a recovery program to me. Not a 12 step program. They are in my opinion, entirely different things. Harm reduction is better than total disaster.

Unlike heroin and opiates, let's not forget that booze and cocaine are fun. If Ben fucks inappropriate people when partying and booze leads to cocaine and binges and indulging in dark sexual debauchery....then he is only human and only sometimes ashamed. It's not likely his goal in life, or he wouldn't keep attempting domesticity. Depp doesn't.

This sounds like an apology for Affleck's behavior. It's not. But I've been there. And I've been to rehab, more than once. It's not like what people imagine. Rehab is expensive detox and clean up after your second time there. Most people quit on their own, with some therapy, when they're ready. They've usually lost a lot by that time. But the loss is not what makes you quit. Public humiliation, finger wagging mothers and wives, TMZ or judgemental ancient gays are not deterrents to partying. Sometimes losing your children's love is. Good luck Ben.

by Anonymousreply 111October 28, 2019 3:03 AM

Your only as sick as your secrets, Affleck.

by Anonymousreply 112October 28, 2019 3:06 AM

Yeah, he could also have that weird affliction where your gut harbors yeast and makes alcohol even when you don’t drink any!!

by Anonymousreply 113October 28, 2019 3:08 AM

R106 just because you have children does not mean you’re not still ‘fucked’ up. He’s a mess and unfortunately not thinking of anyone else, but him. That’s addiction.

by Anonymousreply 114October 28, 2019 3:08 AM

He admitted to a slip, R108.

by Anonymousreply 115October 28, 2019 3:09 AM

R80 hit a nerve with someone, LOL.

Anyway, Ben has already bounced back. And he looks healthy:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116October 28, 2019 3:11 AM

[quote]Wasn't there a blind item that pointed to Ben Affleck ( or possibly another actor) hooking up with a 14- yr old girl in a non- consensual situation in some uber-elite club for the Wealthy some years ago?

I heard that was actually Casey. Maybe Ben was with him?

by Anonymousreply 117October 28, 2019 3:25 AM

I heard his first confession of alcoholism while on a drive with relapse booze snuggled up besides me.

At the time I thought his heart was in the right place but he was a fucking blabbermouth mess.

Nearly 20 years later and I still wouldn’t share weed with him.

by Anonymousreply 118October 28, 2019 3:26 AM

He doesn't care what a bunch of ho-mo-sexuals think.

by Anonymousreply 119October 28, 2019 3:37 AM

R118 sure, Jan. Sounds like you personally know him.

by Anonymousreply 120October 28, 2019 3:42 AM

Disturbing that some posters blame Ben's alcohol addiction on his wife. . She could have played the Jolie card and won, easily.

by Anonymousreply 121October 28, 2019 4:02 AM

he's been boozing since he was a teenager...it's not that easy to quit.

by Anonymousreply 122October 28, 2019 4:13 AM

R118, he made a rehab announcement that was broadcast on NPR. We’re radio friend close. Not as close as my designated black tv friend Byron Allan, but fuck you anyway.

by Anonymousreply 123October 28, 2019 4:26 AM

What happened to Jen's boyfriend? I can't imagine any guy would be ok with the arrangement Jen and Ben have going.

by Anonymousreply 124October 28, 2019 4:40 AM

He only gets trotted out when the press start insinuating that she's still wiping Ben's ass. Which means that he'll probably make another appearance soon.

by Anonymousreply 125October 28, 2019 5:11 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126October 28, 2019 5:32 AM

I doubt there are many recovering alcoholics who haven't relapsed, probably more than once, in their recovery.

by Anonymousreply 127October 28, 2019 10:32 AM

R123 needs to go back to rehab, you fucking drunk.

by Anonymousreply 128October 28, 2019 10:35 AM

I would be more angry with the fools at that party who sat back and allowed him to imbibe, or actually gave him alcohol. But as usual with someone like him there will always be people around who'll prefer drunk Ben over sober Ben. The stupidest thing he did was going to a party where he surely knew alcohol would be served..

Ben probably hasn't hit rock bottom yet. So until he does, expect more relapses.

by Anonymousreply 129October 28, 2019 10:37 AM

He won't get better until he fully confronts and digests whatever trauma underlies his self-destruction. Rehab is the crutch he uses to keep avoiding it and to keep abusing. Most of us don't have the expensive crutch of rehab and can't seem to understand why he's using it like this when it appears to be an opportunity to get well.

Confront the demon. Defeat him. Use your mind and your will to do it because it's all inside there, it's why you keep trying to drown it, to kill it. The demon is the trauma and it can be killed.

Addiction is NOT hardwired and children born to alcoholics are not doomed. The science that unraveled DNA still doesn't completely understand how it works, so how could anyone pronounce such a thing about anyone? What is hardwired into children is their experience of watching the abuse and the fallout from it. They learn that you cope with pain and suffering by self-abuse. There's your damnation.

by Anonymousreply 130October 28, 2019 11:22 AM

Taking into account his his public drunken/angry appearances, torpedoing projects and opportunities and multiple rehab failure, I'd say it's a shame Benny can't take R130's advice to heart.

Great insight, brother.

by Anonymousreply 131October 28, 2019 11:46 AM

Every time I scroll past this thread, I read "prolapsed" instead of "relapsed." Man, I watch too much porn...

by Anonymousreply 132October 28, 2019 12:31 PM

The more important point is that his costume sucked. What was he thinking?

by Anonymousreply 133October 28, 2019 12:37 PM

“I’m Batman”

by Anonymousreply 134October 28, 2019 12:51 PM

How many relapses has he had, and how long periods of consecutive sobriety, over the years?

by Anonymousreply 135October 28, 2019 1:11 PM

Not to mention, he’s pretty gd drunk in that video, not just buzzed, he almost fell just trying to stand up. Probably passed out the second he got in that car.

by Anonymousreply 136October 28, 2019 1:42 PM

I found this. This video is not for delicate flowers or Ben fanboys:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137October 28, 2019 1:46 PM

I found this. This video is not for delicate flowers or Ben fanboys:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 138October 28, 2019 1:46 PM

R130, many people, myself included, begin their journey into a life free of drugs and alcohol by attending rehab and/or NA, AA meetings. Partners of addicts or children of addicts oftentimes end up with substance abuse issues themselves, but refuse to admit it, because they’re focused on the family member who they believe are the most out of control, or they start developing coping mechanisms that are just as unhealthy as being hooked. Many of them end up in Al-Anon.

Here’s the thing, I agree with everything you say. I’ve been in recovery forever. What you say is true, but it is also PART of what is true.

Today, addicts and alcoholics have many more choices than when I 1st got sober. We didn’t have anything but AA, and NA. I think there were programs like Schick, and Narcanon. Narcanon was Scientology’s answer to addiction. Not sure what Schick was, but regardless, my point is that many of us ended up in AA, because we had nowhere else to go. An alcoholic living in his car could walk into an AA meeting, get sober, and within 2 weeks to a few months, have a job, a place to live, and a solid network of people who care about his future. And that was free, you know? It’s an amazing thing for us addicts/alcoholics, who were at the end of our ropes, which for most of us, means that we were BROKE.

We had NADA. No ca$h.

When AA was founded, there wasn’t anything else. It was the only game in town. And depending on the financial circumstances of a person who desires even a glimpse of a sober life, it’s still the free option.

Now all of that said, as I said in a post I wrote above, it now 2019. So many advances have been made in the field of addiction, and that’s amazing. Now, we can attend SMART, or other therapeutic services that enable us to remain abstinent. We can even combine things, and create a path that is unique to us and one that is hopefully, successful.

Hence, I ask you to be specific about what your experience has been. Please offer book recommendations, therapy models, etc. That way, we can all benefit from your experience as well.

Let’s not say it is only this way, or it is only that way. In addiction, it’s whatever works best for that individual, and at that particular time.

Thanks in advance.

by Anonymousreply 139October 28, 2019 1:53 PM

Mommy Jen to the rescue. I think her savior act is wearing thin even for her most ardent fans.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 140October 28, 2019 1:59 PM

He’s the father of her children and makes an attempt to father them even though he’s a messy alcoholic. Wtf do you expect of her? He’s probably a good dad outside of the drinking. He clearly loves his kids and tries with them. Is she supposed to punch him in the face and kick him out?

So many of you don’t have a fucking clue how family or marriage works. It’s genuinely sad.

by Anonymousreply 141October 28, 2019 2:05 PM

LOL, what is this fantasy? He always looks miserable with his kids. He does things that Garner sets up. He's an incorrigible drunk and at this point boundaries are necessary. He has faced zero real consequences for his actions which is why they continue and forever will. Garner needs al anon.

by Anonymousreply 142October 28, 2019 2:11 PM

R141’s spot on.

Hey Ben, many of us are proud of you, dude. Most people slip within the first 30 days to a year of sobriety. I’ve slipped with years.

That’s OK. Getting back on that horse (no pun intended) is the key.

People, an addict can and will most likely relapse. He needs support, NOT condemnation.

by Anonymousreply 143October 28, 2019 2:12 PM

[quote] People, an addict can and will most likely relapse. He needs support, NOT condemnation.

That's not it's done at DL especially if the person is a male celebrity. Most of the queens here are so filled with queer envy and hatred of anyone who's done better than they have they don't have any conception of the word "support". It's all about beating down the troubled and keeping them as beat down as possible. That's what gives this lot joy.

by Anonymousreply 144October 28, 2019 2:24 PM

^^^ That's not the way it's done

by Anonymousreply 145October 28, 2019 2:26 PM

Oh Ben, THINK OF THE CHILDREN!

by Anonymousreply 146October 28, 2019 2:33 PM

R130 this thread is about Affeck, stop trying to make it all about you. This isn't your moment R130.

by Anonymousreply 147October 28, 2019 2:41 PM

And that goes for you too R139. This isn't your AA meeting where you can drama queen any issue and make it all about you.

by Anonymousreply 148October 28, 2019 2:43 PM

Was Ben considered a great beauty in his time?

by Anonymousreply 149October 28, 2019 2:44 PM

R139, it's the use of rehab, which works for some, as a crutch that makes this so maddening.

I found that AA worked for me by acknowledging the one truth that is key to addressing the trauma that leads to self abuse: we more than our physical bodies and can appeal to the energy/power/higher truth of that existence to help us.

It was an exploration beyond my own life and into the lives of my parents, their parents, and so on that enabled me to see where the pain had originated. The trauma was passed on, generation to generation - the dysfunction, the disconnection, the lack of purpose and pride - and the typical, easy fix for that despair was the bottle. Native Americans had a very similar reponse to the same set of circumstances. Now the Irish American is a success story, but the dysfunction remains because financial success does not translate into personal triumph over trauma. It enables a lot of things - like rehab visits - but does nothing to heal those deeply held wounds and often exacerbates them by giving the person a false sense of success and triumph over their perceived inferiority.

I don't think Ben ever addressed how his upbringing affected him. He kept getting validated for his creative pursuits and for a time this was enough. It catches up.

I finally turned inward to address my problems with alcohol and trauma. AA was the beginning of re-acknowledging my spiritual self and it only became stronger when I took up a meditative practice and began to be truthful about the consequences of my choices and how they affected others. I began to see myself as a whole being and not this 'addicted' personality and enabled me to finally take my health seriously. Everything changed - diet, exercise routine, outlook on life - when I saw myself as holding this space and being present for my life for whatever turns up. Emotions no longer rule me.

AA worked for me in validating my struggle and creating community around it. I moved out of that sphere only because I stopped struggling. Yes, I occasionally drink a glass of wine or a beer, but it's not motivated by escape and I don't have the same level of tolerance. One glass is enough and there is no need to be completely 'out of it' - a good phrase for the whole process.

by Anonymousreply 150October 28, 2019 2:47 PM

People here are being so mean, and I KNOW he is reading this thread as we type.

by Anonymousreply 151October 28, 2019 2:48 PM

Come on, R12! Gerard looks like a drunken sailor on his way to a Pilates class.

by Anonymousreply 152October 28, 2019 2:48 PM

Run home to mama Jen, Ben. She’s the only thing keeping your ass alive.

by Anonymousreply 153October 28, 2019 2:49 PM

Look at you, R147, not reading the post properly and projecting. It was all about Affleck and in response to his problems and the perspective of someone else posting.

If you don't like what I'm saying or the conversation bores you, ignore it. You are exhibiting the very lack of control that compels the urge to escape the consequences of that deficiency.

by Anonymousreply 154October 28, 2019 2:50 PM

R150 is a piece of work. He pushes AA, his spiritual journey, but he still drinks?

by Anonymousreply 155October 28, 2019 2:52 PM

Yes, a piece of work is what this is about, R155, but no, I'm not pushing AA. You go there and get what you can. If you'd been, you already know.

That's your takeaway? That you get to judge me for admitting to the occasional drink? First of all, I don't subscribe to the once an alcoholic, always an alcoholic. I don't do black and white judgments around addiction or how that manifests. I don't believe it originates physically, but spiritually in some sort of traumatic event or a series of them. Furthermore, once this issue is dealt with and digested properly (not through other drugs or obsessions around it), then you are able to partake with a normal, healthy response. I do not have the desire to drink, but when I do have one, socially, it's not an issue. I don't go nuts thinking I've relapsed or I'm about to.

Ben hasn't gotten there yet. I hope he does.

by Anonymousreply 156October 28, 2019 2:58 PM

[quote]First of all, I don't subscribe to the once an alcoholic, always an alcoholic.

Good for you, you probably don't also subscribe to the earth being flat and how the earth is 5,000+ years old too.

by Anonymousreply 157October 28, 2019 3:01 PM

[quote]. He needs support, NOT condemnation

You need support from people you know and love, not anyone on a gay forum which apparently has six posters under different emails

by Anonymousreply 158October 28, 2019 3:02 PM

How's that mocking derision of other's lives working out for you, R157? I also don't comprehend what point you're trying to make? Either you agree with me that addiction is not a lifelong 'monster' or you think this is old fashioned way of thinking (flat earth reference) and you disagree.

Either way, your lack of clarity is indicative of a confused mind. No one can engage with that. Either you want to discuss it or just vent emotionally, but you don't need me as a target. I'm not big enough for all your obvious pain.

by Anonymousreply 159October 28, 2019 3:07 PM

I was going to make fun of him. Then, I watched it. It really is sad. VERY SAD. I feel bad for him.

by Anonymousreply 160October 28, 2019 3:09 PM

Don't waste your energy. He isn't sad about it. He's strutting around doing strolls for the paps.

by Anonymousreply 161October 28, 2019 3:10 PM

R18, Trump is full of shit. He HAS had alcohol (ppl around him saw). He is just the biggest liar ever. And, he prefers Adderrall.

by Anonymousreply 162October 28, 2019 3:11 PM

R150 I actually have a very similar story and don’t find you to be a “piece of work.” But I also know it’s not black and white - and some are sicker than others. I think it’s an individual basis - and there are some, where the best they can do, is absolutely stay sober and accept they are not like other people.

by Anonymousreply 163October 28, 2019 3:43 PM

Go to an AA meeting, tell them you are sober but have an occasional drink...see the reaction you get.

by Anonymousreply 164October 28, 2019 4:06 PM

Go to an AA meeting, tell them you are sober but have an occasional drink...see the reaction you get.

by Anonymousreply 165October 28, 2019 4:06 PM

I'm getting a cult vibe from R159.

by Anonymousreply 166October 28, 2019 4:22 PM

He never went to rehab for drinking, he went for gambling and coke. Good grief, the stars are never honest.

by Anonymousreply 167October 28, 2019 4:22 PM

He's not going to get sober for good until he wants it badly enough. At this point it's clear he does not want it badly enough.

by Anonymousreply 168October 28, 2019 4:26 PM

He has to hit bottom. Maybe if he wakes up in bed with a man after a long bender that will do it.

by Anonymousreply 169October 28, 2019 4:27 PM

Why would waking up beside a man be 'rock bottom', R169? Instead of, say, killing someone while driving impaired or fucking an underage individual?

by Anonymousreply 170October 28, 2019 4:31 PM

R170 has a lot to learn.

There are low bottoms and then there are high bottoms.

And every person is different. Maybe the shame of bottoming during a blackout would be more of a bottom than killing someone, for Ben.

by Anonymousreply 171October 28, 2019 4:34 PM

I guess you could very well be right, R171. I was only looking at gay sex from my perspective, of course. I cannot fathom being shamed by it, but you rightly reminded me he might (would) feel differently.

by Anonymousreply 172October 28, 2019 4:40 PM

I'm always amazed at how may alcoholics or children of alcoholics there are on DL.

by Anonymousreply 173October 28, 2019 4:54 PM

It's funny that the one lie of Trump's that people always believe is that he's not a drunk. He slurs 75% of the time. It's either that or strokes. He's a drunk and probably takes the stimulants to level out. Ben needs the Sinclair Method.

by Anonymousreply 174October 28, 2019 5:00 PM

Trump doesn't drink.

by Anonymousreply 175October 28, 2019 5:02 PM

No, I don't believe it's the hooch that is Trump's problem. Remember, he's like a 5 year old child. Alcohol probably tastes icky to him. He seems like a classic hop head, or as is known in the medical profession, a "pill chaser". Always looking for a new doctor to prescribe new mind altering medications for him.

by Anonymousreply 176October 28, 2019 5:16 PM

Haha I never went to an AA meeting and said I have an occasional drink / I would never. It’s disrespectful to the people there who count on complete sobriety for their lives and I respect that. But I have mentioned having a “high bottom” in a share and boy, they do NOT even like that. The problem with AA is it involves identity association to survive. If you are there and people feel like you’re not 100% like them, they get very uncomfortable and resentful. It’s one of my biggest problems with AA - but will say, there are some that get it if you look hard enough - and deep down; it’s intention is positive I believe

by Anonymousreply 177October 28, 2019 5:16 PM

Ben grabbed Hilarie Burton's boob on live tv at the MTV Beach House.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 178October 28, 2019 5:22 PM

Another day, another pic from TMZ. Ben should have waited for all of the damaging photos to land before trotting out the kids and the pumpkins.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 179October 28, 2019 5:23 PM

I don't get why that's such a scandalous picture, R179.

by Anonymousreply 180October 28, 2019 5:31 PM

He's already been in rehab for gambling addiction as well, R180

by Anonymousreply 181October 28, 2019 5:37 PM

I'm sure he doesn't want any of these drunk pics out there in the first place. Now it's known that he's not just struggling with booze addiction but gambling as well, at the forefront. I'm waiting for pics of naked women, blow all over the tables, and Affleck with a dildo up his ass. I'm sure they exist.

by Anonymousreply 182October 28, 2019 5:39 PM

I heard he prolapsed AGAIN

by Anonymousreply 183October 28, 2019 5:40 PM

Alcoholic, gambling addict, etc. God, what was Garner thinking? His problems were already well-known when she hooked up with him. And then to have kids with him?

by Anonymousreply 184October 28, 2019 5:41 PM

The reaction I would get? I don't attend AA meetings anymore. I got what I needed and moved on. I wouldn't dare disaparage that organization though I don't agree with all of their philosophies or conclusions around alcohol addiction, R165.

Nor do I care. I've moved along and am living my best life with alcohol. I don't belong to any cults. I did it myself with discipline and self-examination. It wasn't easy and I fail and still fail. Do I get drunk and stupid when I'm upset? Nope. Do I have a drink with friends after work? Yes I do, and enjoy it like I never did when I was abusing it. I no longer need it to avoid the pain because I came through it.

AA is not for everyone and not everyone stays in AA. It's done the job for me, but I could care less what anyone in that organization would think of me for having the occasional drink and defining myself as sober. I know who and what I am. Perhaps one of the reasons so many people are suffering is because they base their self-esteem upon the opinions of others. I no longer do.

Besides, again, if you have ever been to an AA meeting, you cannot and are not allowed to speak to the group until you've been totally sober for 30 days - some groups say 60. No one is supposed to judge you, either. So if you've got something to say in a negative way, R164/165, regarding others in AA, I'd like to hear what they'd say to YOU.

by Anonymousreply 185October 28, 2019 5:52 PM

*disparage*

by Anonymousreply 186October 28, 2019 5:53 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 187October 28, 2019 6:05 PM

R185 That isn't true about not being permitted to speak until reaching 30 or 60 days of sobriety. Any meetings that enforced such a "rule" shouldn't have done so. More likely, some old-timers at the meeting you used to go to instituted that nonsense and nobody dared to go against them, but it is not an AA rule.

by Anonymousreply 188October 28, 2019 6:16 PM

It 's very, very sad. And it's NEVER ending. You all are acting like it's just a * Booze* slip up. As if. This man is a multiple addict. Years of addiction developed from childhood trauma that he has yet to sort out for whatever reason. Show me where he has given up the slutty bimbos and Vegas strippers to feed his Sex Addiction. No one can tell me he's given up gambling of one sort of another. Show me where he's now a fully functional adult and working on SOME paying project in his field of choice. And don't give me the bullshit that he's got millions and can " "retire in comfort" because productive adults don't let their mental and physical capacities go to waste. Especially if they have kids' futures to attend to.

No. This SOB is checking out eventually courtesy of his various illnesses. His addictions unfortunately, have him by the jugular and he has too many apologists and enablers surrounding him who are too afraid to cut the leash.

by Anonymousreply 189October 28, 2019 7:09 PM

Nice to see Ben spending his millions wisely.

by Anonymousreply 190October 28, 2019 8:52 PM

Booze, coke, gambling and whores. His life is basically every straight man's fantasy.

by Anonymousreply 191October 28, 2019 8:58 PM

Jump!

Jump!

Jump!

Jump!

Jump!

Jump!

Jump!

Jump!

Jump!

Jump!

Jump!

Jump!

Jump!

Jump!

Jump!

Jump!

Jump!

Jump!

by Anonymousreply 192October 28, 2019 9:05 PM

Again, he did not go to rehab for alcohol.

by Anonymousreply 193October 28, 2019 11:14 PM

[quote] This SOB is checking out eventually courtesy of his various illnesses.

SOB? Did Affleck do something terrible to you? Do you even know him? Has he ever been mean to you. And you call someone you don't even know a son of a bitch? You're sick. You need mental health treatment.

by Anonymousreply 194October 28, 2019 11:35 PM

He is predisposed to addictions. I can't believe all the people who say there is no link...where the fuck did you go to college? please get a refund!

He doesn't want to be sober, simple as that! He likes to gamble and drink and whore around. He's already done the wife and kids thing. His wife can take care of the kids, he sees them when he sees them and he's happy with it.

He likes being single, he can do what the fuck he wants, nobody ordering him around like when he was married.

by Anonymousreply 195October 28, 2019 11:40 PM

R148, who died and made you hall monitor, babe? We can discuss whatever the fuck we want here. We’re not being drama queens, or self centered. Read my post! I asked R130 to share his/her experiences, so that we can learn something new, or see something in a way that we haven’t examined from a different perspective, previously.

Personally, I respect R130’s response. R130 decided to try something that is ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY in order to either remain abstinent, or to drink like a person who isn’t drinking to kill what’s at the root of it all. They don’t teach us that in AA. We are taught to take 12 Steps, sponsor others, and not drink ever again, or we die. And I’m of the opinion that because we aren’t treated like intelligent adults oftentimes, when first becoming involved in AA, many of us just do as we’re told, relapse, and die. I’ve loved and lost many in “the rooms” of AA because of rigid thinking. It doesn’t have to be like that, & R130’s approach works for them, and that is a valuable opinion, as well as a valuable experience, and I’m glad they shared it with us.

Grow up, kid. There’s plenty of room for everyone on this ride.

by Anonymousreply 196October 29, 2019 12:12 AM

R189 pretends to be a Hollywood insider with knowledge but I think R198 knows SQUAT.

by Anonymousreply 197October 29, 2019 12:12 AM

Oh, shut up r196. Recovering drunks are the most tedious people imaginable.

by Anonymousreply 198October 29, 2019 12:20 AM

Ben is Hollywood Sober, which means he doesn't party during the week.

by Anonymousreply 199October 29, 2019 12:25 AM

Always thought there was a tremendous sadness in his eyes. I wonder what’s eating him.

by Anonymousreply 200October 29, 2019 12:31 AM

Hey R194 STFU. I know EXACTLY what I'm talking about. I struggled with multiple addictions in a loveless marriage with two kids till I finally owned the truth for the sake of my kids and came out of the closet. It was the hardest thing I've ever done in my life, but besides wanting to get clean and sober, ( and not wanting to die an addict in the street) I needed to actually BE PRESENT IN MY KID'S LIFE and stop LYING TO EVERYONE, including myself. Now I know Affleck's not Gay, but he should be Twice as accountable, seeing as he came from an Alcohilic home enviroment, so he knows EXACTLY what it's doing to his kid's. SO YES, HE IS AN SOB because he knows the CONSEQUENCES OF HIS ACTIONS. I could give a shit if Affleck lives or dies as a result of his addictions; I'm willing to bet it means a hell of a lot more to his kids.

by Anonymousreply 201October 29, 2019 12:36 AM

AA reached it's zenith in the '80s during the treatment craze, and because of the Boomers entering it.

AA is now essentially a social club for aging Boomers. We fear for the future of AA once they drop off.

by Anonymousreply 202October 29, 2019 12:50 AM

He's getting better projects than Matthew Perry.

by Anonymousreply 203October 29, 2019 2:08 AM

Didn't Matthew Perry's ass explode or something? Seems like he'd be a tough hire.

by Anonymousreply 204October 29, 2019 2:11 AM

[quote] He's getting better projects than Matthew Perry.

Well, there's a low bar to jump over.

by Anonymousreply 205October 29, 2019 2:11 AM

Matt had constipation issues from the opioids he was taking, but's that over and done with. He's all good now.

by Anonymousreply 206October 29, 2019 2:16 AM

That's good news, R206 (if true).

by Anonymousreply 207October 29, 2019 2:18 AM

Is Affleck bipolar? It is often a component of multiple relapses and coke and booze often self medicate the highs and lows.

In the clip above he could be coked up but he could also be manic. Pressured speech is a symptom.

by Anonymousreply 208October 29, 2019 2:19 AM

Matt is clean and dry now and doing well.

by Anonymousreply 209October 29, 2019 2:19 AM

If I had that much money I'd booze it up everyday too, and probably coke it up now and then too. I don't see what the big deal is.

by Anonymousreply 210October 29, 2019 2:37 AM

[quote]Matt had constipation issues from the opioids he was taking, but's that over and done with. He's all good now.

He has a colostomy bag, that's not good.

by Anonymousreply 211October 29, 2019 2:42 AM

Ben always comes off deeply insecure and full of shame. Sad. Several missed buttons on the suit and a bit of a gut happening even with recent “looking good” pap strolls. He’s on a downhill slalom, methinks.

by Anonymousreply 212October 29, 2019 8:42 AM

BEWARE! R201 is a rageoholic with serious self control issues. Let's not engage.

by Anonymousreply 213October 29, 2019 9:42 AM

Bump.

by Anonymousreply 214October 29, 2019 12:16 PM

You bitches are awful, and I’m just as bad for laughing at some of the shit on this thread.

by Anonymousreply 215October 29, 2019 12:40 PM

[quote] Ben always comes off deeply insecure and full of shame. Sad. Several missed buttons on the suit and a bit of a gut happening even with recent “looking good” pap strolls. He’s on a downhill slalom, methinks.

That's an act. He's an arrogant, entitled asshole. His little woe-is-me pap strolls are part of his image. It keeps the fraus feeling sorry for him as he drinks and gambles with young women. Take Sunday for example. He had this drunken night of debauchery, left the blonde at his house while he went to take image rehab pap pics with his kids and Garner. His behavior is pathological. No one should feel sorry for him.

by Anonymousreply 216October 29, 2019 3:33 PM

He has a very flat ass.

That’s really all you need to know when determining if someone is worthy of your thoughts and prayers.

by Anonymousreply 217October 29, 2019 4:01 PM

R217 marry me! That comment made me laugh too hard. R216 I do agree he’s an entitled, arrogant jerk surrounded by yes people. I do think under all that though, he really thinks he’s a piece of shit even though he also thinks he’s so deserving of adoration etc. And yes his rehab papping is rank and a decent new date/gf/woman would tell him to knock that exploitative shit off or walk.

by Anonymousreply 218October 29, 2019 8:40 PM

Between the booze, cigarettes and fast food he's a heart attack waiting to happen.

by Anonymousreply 219October 29, 2019 8:57 PM

Don’t forget the massive amounts of cocaine

by Anonymousreply 220October 30, 2019 12:37 AM

Ben has to make it through. Wee need him. By God, we need Him.

by Anonymousreply 221October 30, 2019 1:50 AM

Ben is surrounding himself with people telling him slip ups are expected. Maybe they are not uncommon but he's using that as a crutch

by Anonymousreply 222October 30, 2019 1:57 AM

Relapse is a part of recovery, R222.

by Anonymousreply 223October 30, 2019 3:15 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 224October 30, 2019 3:15 AM

[QUOTE] Between the booze, cigarettes and fast food he's a heart attack waiting to happen.

Fast food? Quit making shit up Mary, he looks great in R224's photo.

by Anonymousreply 225October 30, 2019 3:40 AM

He had a few bad nights with booze. He will be fine.

by Anonymousreply 226October 30, 2019 3:46 AM

He had a few bad nights with booze. He will be fine.

by Anonymousreply 227October 30, 2019 3:46 AM

For r225...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 228October 30, 2019 3:47 AM

More than a year ago. Old news.

by Anonymousreply 229October 30, 2019 3:52 AM

Pretty soon he'll be back to this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 230October 30, 2019 3:53 AM

Yes, he does often look rather good before a massive fall. Like a bit of party and pussy give him a glow up but then it’s just a binge that ends at Jack In The Box.

by Anonymousreply 231October 30, 2019 3:56 AM

Ben's got a huuuge head, he's uglier than an Olmec!

by Anonymousreply 232October 30, 2019 8:51 AM

I'm glad I'm not alone in noting the lack of buttock on the man. Is a few squats a day really asking too much?

by Anonymousreply 233October 30, 2019 10:13 AM

R228 I can feel Garners shame from here, poor girl. The things we do for love.

by Anonymousreply 234October 30, 2019 10:16 AM

So he ate fast food one time. When he was drunk.

by Anonymousreply 235October 30, 2019 12:44 PM

Why are there so many pictures of him just walking around?

by Anonymousreply 236October 30, 2019 12:52 PM

[QUOTE] Why are there so many pictures of him just walking around?

Because he's active, not fat. He takes good care of himself.

by Anonymousreply 237October 30, 2019 12:56 PM

R236

That is a sign he's waiting for his dealer to make a running drop.

by Anonymousreply 238October 30, 2019 1:08 PM

Drunks are known to aimlessly wander, R236

by Anonymousreply 239October 30, 2019 1:09 PM

R236 pap strolling to the power of ten

by Anonymousreply 240October 30, 2019 1:22 PM

What most of you people don't get is that EVERYONE in Hollywood has substance abuse issues. Ben is doing the best he can with what he was given. And at least he hasn't let himself go and get FAT. So what if he ate Jack in the Box in the back of a car one time.

by Anonymousreply 241October 30, 2019 2:33 PM

Yes, those Jack in the Box pics were taken when Jen put her foot down and took him to the fast food joint before sending him to rehab. I think there was an intervention or something...can't keep track.

by Anonymousreply 242October 30, 2019 2:41 PM

Jack in the Box = one time incident. Hallowenn stumble isolated incident too.

by Anonymousreply 243October 30, 2019 2:43 PM

Shitfaced drunk Ben on some sports talk show. This is a classic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 244October 30, 2019 3:09 PM

On the fast food thing, there are a lot of sightings of him at drive ins after his last relapse. X17 probably has a playlist of them on their channel. In one pap video I remember the cashier was so delighted to see him again, she kept squeeling "you came back for me". And the cameras was always up to his window which made me wonder if the paps just wait at drive ins for Ben to arrive.

by Anonymousreply 245October 30, 2019 4:28 PM

You spend a lot of time over on the X17 site watching Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner videos, don't you?

by Anonymousreply 246October 30, 2019 4:37 PM

No more than you spend here reading Ben and Jennifer threads, sugar.

by Anonymousreply 247October 30, 2019 5:45 PM

At least he didn't prolapse again.

by Anonymousreply 248October 30, 2019 5:47 PM

I love the sparkle pony Ben Stans on this thread. BEN IS FAT and DECAYING.

by Anonymousreply 249October 30, 2019 9:43 PM

His toupee looks horrid. He should shave it off like Revolta recently did. Putting a hairpiece on when you’re blasted out of your mind ends up looking like roadkill.

by Anonymousreply 250October 30, 2019 10:36 PM

r244

How unprofessional

by Anonymousreply 251October 31, 2019 12:19 AM

r223

Typical of the age we live in, when we'd rather have excuses to fail rather than reasons to succeed.

by Anonymousreply 252October 31, 2019 12:20 AM

r239

No, they are not, they are waiting for a drop and either nervous it won't come or simply trying to confuse anyone that may be watching. Wild animals do that to, so that others will have a hard time stealing their 'food.'

by Anonymousreply 253October 31, 2019 12:22 AM

The only thing that seems to keep weight off him is coke, so R253 is probably spot on

by Anonymousreply 254October 31, 2019 12:37 AM

He needs to get to AA, immediately.

by Anonymousreply 255October 31, 2019 2:16 PM

r255

No the Betty Ford clinic. Only POOR people got to AA

by Anonymousreply 256October 31, 2019 10:47 PM

R256, bitch, we haven’t hit Betty Ford in AGES.

Trust.

by Anonymousreply 257November 1, 2019 12:11 AM

If you go into recovery with the thought at relapse is expected you're doomed. Only whe you come to terms with the fact that you can never drink or use again do you stand a chance. He's minimizing his multiple relapses and the public is buying it. "It's to be expected " my ass

by Anonymousreply 258November 1, 2019 3:00 AM

Maybe when he goes for his annual check up, he's fine. So he doesn't think he has a problem and can continue. A good friend of mine drinks 6 days a week, 7 drinks and one third bottle of tequila. He doesn't have a problem with his liver or anything. His blood pressure is a bit high so he takes meds for it and that's it! He passes his annual check up with flying colors. He's in his 50s.

by Anonymousreply 259November 1, 2019 4:05 AM

From the school run today. Imagine thinking that this womanizing drunk is your moon and stars. She's sad.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 260November 1, 2019 4:56 AM

Ever been on a diet? And then you fuck it up one meal and feel so shit that you fuck it up the whole weekend and then the rest of the week and soon you are off the diet. That's the problem with the "be perfect" model. The moment you trip, you spiral. The phrase "relapse is part of recovery", isn't a pass to drinking. It's a pass back onto the path of recovery.

It really means "wish I hadnt slipped but now that I did, all is not lost. I'm not the weakest. I'm not the worst. I just slipped. This is not proof that I cant do this. I dont need to give up on recovery".

by Anonymousreply 261November 1, 2019 4:58 AM

Her greatest fear must be that her kids (especially her boy) will inherit that gene. Doesnt it run in Bens family? His grandad. Dad. Brother and him.

by Anonymousreply 262November 1, 2019 5:05 AM

Her greatest fear is that he will recover and not need her anymore.

by Anonymousreply 263November 1, 2019 5:07 AM

Ben is the epitome of arrested development. Drunk or sober, he's always going to need "mommy".

by Anonymousreply 264November 1, 2019 5:33 AM

She must be rubbing her hands with glee at him and his drunken stumbling landing her this next installment of rehabbing his image and bolstering hers.

by Anonymousreply 265November 1, 2019 6:06 AM

I don't know what heifer raised you R265 but no parent would be pleased with a news cycle like this. Addiction is harmful enough without seeing your dad humiliated on TMZ.

by Anonymousreply 266November 1, 2019 2:47 PM

R259 - exactly. Lots of functioning addicts out there.

by Anonymousreply 267November 1, 2019 5:15 PM

R265 Jennifer would love this shit. The kids are the only ones I feel bad for. Ben is a selfish ass who would not have thought for one second about how this shit affects his kids.

by Anonymousreply 268November 1, 2019 10:59 PM

His collapse is complete, all the signs are there: haggard tired face, five-day stubble, cigs, and the biggest telltale: stained dirty shirts.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 269November 7, 2019 12:19 AM

How long until the heart attack?

by Anonymousreply 270November 7, 2019 12:32 AM

It's definitely not just alcohol. With the constant coffees, cola and cigs we can conclude he likes stimulants a lot. I bet cocaine is in the mix too.

by Anonymousreply 271November 7, 2019 1:40 AM

He was doing so well for a while there. Wonder what triggered this? Did the Ridley Scott project get shelved. He seems to have fallen off just before leaving LA to film this current movie in NOLA. Stress?

by Anonymousreply 272November 7, 2019 1:44 AM

Ben has a tendency to implode when things start to get too smooth for him.

by Anonymousreply 273November 7, 2019 1:54 AM

Any time he has to film, he fucks up. He obviously held up well for The Town. Best he’s ever looked, & we all know why.

If Ben could have gotten away with dumping Hennifer & the kids for Blake, he would have done it in a less than a second. But like the good Catholic boy he is, he listened to everyone around him, who told him that fixing the JLo debacle was as far as their generosity extended, not to mention his fans’.

Ben should have remained single forever. Why marry when you have it all and want to flush it down the toilet? Go ahead and fuck your self into the ground, if you must, but don’t take down an entire family with you.

by Anonymousreply 274November 7, 2019 2:53 AM

Not even in his worst stupor would Ben Affleck fuck your acrid gush, R254. Give it up.

by Anonymousreply 275November 7, 2019 3:04 AM

Oh, The Town. I remember when Garner flew to Boston to babysit after she heard about Ben and Blake fucking around. Then she allegedly spread some rumors about Blake. Lively got the last laugh in a big way. Blake has the life/husband/career that Garner thought she'd have, while Garner is reduced to Instagram, pap strolls and red state/frau projects that no one watches.

by Anonymousreply 276November 7, 2019 3:11 AM

Because you think Ryan Reynolds is a sober boy scout who never ever eeeever passes the peen around? Are they "couples goals" for you darling. Do you one day hope to have your own wise cracking, gin brewing rodent husband for whom you will bake antebellum cookies and create memes with? Stupid cunt. Nobody will ever want your gash, Susan. Not Ben Affleck and not Ryan Reynolds.

by Anonymousreply 277November 7, 2019 3:20 AM

r274 Ben is not Catholic. He's Protestant. His mother's family is old-money WASPy.

by Anonymousreply 278November 7, 2019 3:25 AM

Not only old-money WASP, but both parents are liberal monied 70s hipsters. Very lax on the parenting front.

by Anonymousreply 279November 7, 2019 3:28 AM

Wow he looks terrible in that TMZ photo. Yes he is a notorious coke addict. He really is an all around addict from what I hear. Like addicted to everything. Hope he can get it together as it’s sad to see someone fall like this. Watching Matthew Perry deteriorate over the years has been terrible. Addiction is awful.

by Anonymousreply 280November 7, 2019 8:26 AM

[QUOTE] Yes he is a notorious coke addict. He really is an all around addict from what I hear. Like addicted to everything.

Link please.

by Anonymousreply 281November 7, 2019 12:32 PM

[QUOTE] Yes he is a notorious coke addict. He really is an all around addict from what I hear. Like addicted to everything.

Link please.

by Anonymousreply 282November 7, 2019 12:32 PM

Smoking is sooooo gross. That’s all I’ve got.

by Anonymousreply 283November 7, 2019 1:04 PM

He's smoked a lot of grass, oh Lord, he's popped a lot of pills. But he's never touched nothing that his spirit could kill.

by Anonymousreply 284November 7, 2019 1:50 PM

Look, I like Ben, & I would love to see him get his act together. But I also think Ben needs to be true to himself. I was and am still rooting for him, and I was hoping that being true to himself didn’t include slowly killing himself via addiction.

I hope he addresses whatever ails him.

by Anonymousreply 285November 7, 2019 2:57 PM

Ben seems very delicate. Very precious about rejection from strangers. Remember when he used his WB clout to shutdown a harmless genealogy show? And all because he didn't want people to know his ancestors owned slaves. You know he isn't a religious and yet insists on being snapped at Church. We all know that man has no interest in organic farmers markets and yet there he was for years. Always afraid to be thought of as inadequate in some way or other. It's a sign of self loathing. When you spend this much effort not just hiding your true self but presenting a false self; you must be filled with self loathing.

I think he drinks to get out of his head. To escape the self hatred. And the ironic consequence is that it utterly destroys the public self he so carefully tried to cultivate.

by Anonymousreply 286November 7, 2019 5:11 PM

The “notorious coke addict” comment comes from a close friend who has attended numerous of his Las Vegas gambling parties in the past and knows him quite well. My friend doesn’t use coke. That’s all I’m saying. Coke is really rough as one gets older. Hope he can kick this once and for all

by Anonymousreply 287November 7, 2019 5:20 PM

He's one of those guys who never should've gotten married and had kids, and just fucked one skank after another. He would've been much happier that way.

by Anonymousreply 288November 7, 2019 5:29 PM

No, Ben is one of those heteros who need a sturdy frau otherwise he'll just drug, whore and gamble himself to the ground. He was clean with the Church deacon lady until she lost her grip on him to the SNL skank. The best thing he could do for himself is find himself a battleaxe and hand over his life to her. Like RDJ.

by Anonymousreply 289November 7, 2019 7:36 PM

Ben was cheating on Jen for YEARS before they split. The SNL chick was late to that party.

by Anonymousreply 290November 7, 2019 7:39 PM

Yeah, we know. Jen knew, too, just didn't care as long as credible stuff never hit the press. We know (now) that during his first affair with Shookus, Garner was flying around, confronting Shookus in NYC and telling her to return jewelry that Ben had given her. LOL.

It got ugly and salacious with the young nanny but you notice, Jen took him back after that. They had reconciled for awhile, then he took Shookus public and that bridge was burned. There was really no going back after that. Jen Garner is such a doormat that she may as well have WELCOME tattooed on her forehead.

by Anonymousreply 291November 7, 2019 9:23 PM

Is it possible he still bangs Jen now and then? He'd be the type to do that. She can draw hotter, cleaner dick, though.

by Anonymousreply 292November 7, 2019 9:26 PM

[quote]Garner was flying around, confronting Shookus in NYC and telling her to return jewelry that Ben had given her. LOL.

That is so pathetic. I can't even imagine. His ass would've been kicked to the curb, if that had been me.

by Anonymousreply 293November 7, 2019 9:26 PM

You'd all be sucking his moobs given half a chance.

by Anonymousreply 294November 7, 2019 10:01 PM

R294, LOL, thanks, that's my sort of comment. I'm more curious about his dick.

R26, just read your comment. Not about Affleck, but what's your opinion on how somebody on Adderall and Sudafed can be so obese? He must be eating worse than a hog and maybe his heart will explode.

by Anonymousreply 295November 7, 2019 10:16 PM

Ben is fine, he sends his love!

Oh please, they get medical check ups all the time...there is nothing wrong with him...that's why he keeps doing it.

by Anonymousreply 296November 8, 2019 12:54 AM

Thanks R296 for the good news. I think he will be fine too and lets remember why we love him: He his hot!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 297November 8, 2019 1:12 AM

R297, is that clip genuine? He looks delicious.

by Anonymousreply 298November 8, 2019 1:43 AM

Yes R298 it is! Didn't you see Gone Girl? Its just like 3 or 4 frames in the movie but it didn't went unnoticed as you can see.

by Anonymousreply 299November 8, 2019 1:50 AM

oh dear

by Anonymousreply 300November 8, 2019 2:08 AM

Matty Damon says that he's doing great!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 301November 8, 2019 3:18 AM

r301

Who the fuck wears an 'I'm with Stupid' t-shirt? Those haven't been a thing in decades.

by Anonymousreply 302November 8, 2019 3:23 AM

The fraus on this thread are dumber than usual. So what if he was fucking the entire CAA roster on the side?! He was sober and coming home to her, that's all that matters. You think Tom Hanks hasn't had fresh puss in 40 years? A man with options has a biological imperative to fuck his options. Shit only went south when Jen lost the control that matters to the Shookus whore and that's when he fell off the wagon.

As my dear departed grams always said. "Forget the lock on his cock. Get his mind in your vice".

by Anonymousreply 303November 8, 2019 3:29 AM

Is it really any wonder what with people like Garner and Damon publicly pretending like he's well, that he hasn't recovered yet?

by Anonymousreply 304November 8, 2019 3:30 AM

R303, LOL! I can't believe your grandmother said that! That's better than anything my mother ever said!

by Anonymousreply 305November 8, 2019 3:32 AM

R304 It's none of your business whether he has or has not recovered. We are peeping Toms, we don't get to be mad when the hottie inside the house shuts the blinds.

by Anonymousreply 306November 8, 2019 3:32 AM

r303 if your husband was sticking his dick in skank coozes, putting himself at risk for a multitude of diseases, you would have a right to be furious with him.

by Anonymousreply 307November 8, 2019 3:40 AM

Disease is so 1990s sis. Stock up on pRep and antibiotics and then take a chill pill. A man with options shall fuck those options. Or marry a man with no takers.

by Anonymousreply 308November 8, 2019 3:44 AM

Yes, all diseases were eradicated in the 90s. I forgot about that.

by Anonymousreply 309November 8, 2019 4:00 AM

Jesus, you sound like one of this bitches who douches with listerine after he pulls out. Chill. Use a condom or take your meds or marry a man nobody wants. Or just go lez. A man with options will fuck. It's coded in that Y chromosome. Ask the science bitches about the Coolidge Effect.

by Anonymousreply 310November 8, 2019 5:40 AM

What I really want to know is why you prudish fraus want to lynch Jen Garner for figuring out that side sex is not a deal breaker? Are you just afraid that when the men find out they can get reasonable women, you are screwed out of the marriage market?

by Anonymousreply 311November 8, 2019 5:45 AM

He may be better but has he showered, I mean lately?

by Anonymousreply 312November 8, 2019 6:37 AM

[QUOTE] How long until the heart attack?

LOL. He's fit and he doesn't smoke. You, on the other hand, fattie...

by Anonymousreply 313November 8, 2019 12:19 PM

Ben smokes like a chimney.

by Anonymousreply 314November 8, 2019 2:08 PM

I do not understand r303's grandmother's wise saying. "Get your head in his vice"? What?

by Anonymousreply 315November 8, 2019 3:12 PM

R315, he made a spelling error. It's vise as in vise grip. "Get his mind in your vise grip." In other words, get into his mind and understand how to control him that what, not try to control his dick.

by Anonymousreply 316November 8, 2019 3:17 PM

Those people determined to protect Ben and his drug and alcohol insanity "for the kids" should talk to Tallulah Willis:

“I had no idea what was going on, she had been sober my entire childhood,” Tallulah added. “And then she drank and then I just knew that I was scared and that she was unsafe and there were many years of saying she was sober and she wasn't and we couldn't trust it. And all of the adults around us, in an effort to protect us, were protecting her. So if she wasn't sober, they would tell her she was."

by Anonymousreply 317November 9, 2019 5:27 AM

"Kids, your dad is a fucked up loser who doesn't love you enough to quit getting high. Now grab the popcorn and watch his spiral on the news. These are exactly the types of things you children should process in the public glare".

by Anonymousreply 318November 9, 2019 6:42 AM

How many prolapses has he had. Is this what's meant by a "low bottom" in AA?

by Anonymousreply 319November 9, 2019 7:15 AM

R314 how do you know this information?

by Anonymousreply 320November 10, 2019 3:57 AM

r320 he's been photographed smoking many, many times.

by Anonymousreply 321November 10, 2019 4:37 AM

Smoking goes hand in hand with gambling, boozing, coking up, banging copious broads everyplace. Why would you assume he didn't smoke? Or question anyone who would say he does? Its hardly the worst habit he's had, which says a lot.

by Anonymousreply 322November 10, 2019 4:56 AM

Ben thinks of himself as an edgy intellectual type and resents Jennifer cutesy downhome personality but then at the same time craves her mothering. I would so love to sit in on his therapy sessions. What did his mum look like younger? Is Jennifer a looklike too?

by Anonymousreply 323November 10, 2019 5:36 AM

Tallulah Willis looks like a man in drag, not a transvestite nor transexual but like a man who just puts on some woman's clothes and doesn't give a fuck about the rest of it.

by Anonymousreply 324November 10, 2019 7:14 AM

Lay off the Willis girls. They didn't ask to be saddled with dad's strong chin. They're making do, just like the rest of us.

by Anonymousreply 325November 10, 2019 6:29 PM

R325

She could at least put on a minimal effort.

by Anonymousreply 326November 12, 2019 4:16 AM

I know Ben can't be saved.

A purple suit! I mean really.

I don't care if it was Halloween.

by Anonymousreply 327November 12, 2019 6:39 AM

LOL, R327

It doesn't matter if he gets sober, he won't stay sober. And, his daughter's friends are getting ever closer to that golden nanny age, where he just needs to run into one of them leaving Garner's house or the neighborhood Starbux, while totally wasted, and he'll wake up next to Seraphina's BFF and later have to ask his daughter for her bestie's number to tell her to go to the clinic to get checked for herpes.

Anyone who doesn't think this is Ben's future is kidding themselves.

by Anonymousreply 328November 12, 2019 12:05 PM

Jesus. Why has it never occurred to me that he is exactly the type who will fuck his daughters friends. And you know they're getting to the age where LAs social media wannabes will start hanging on hoping for some paparazzi coverage by affiliation.

by Anonymousreply 329November 12, 2019 12:59 PM

Relapsed or prolapsed?

by Anonymousreply 330November 12, 2019 1:08 PM

I don't think he's a DILF for teen girls, but what do I know, really.

by Anonymousreply 331November 12, 2019 1:11 PM

There are teens for whom "I fucked Batman" would be a badge of honor. That and he's rich, charming, influential and not gross looking makes him prime for girls with daddy issues.

by Anonymousreply 332November 12, 2019 1:21 PM

There's a pretty simple procedure with a mesh for that, Ben, stop putting it off.

by Anonymousreply 333November 12, 2019 1:30 PM

You gays all want him more than Tootie wanted Jerome Jackson.

by Anonymousreply 334November 12, 2019 1:47 PM

Gays don't want him.

by Anonymousreply 335November 12, 2019 1:50 PM

JERMAINE, r334.

by Anonymousreply 336November 12, 2019 4:15 PM

Perhaps some of you haven't had a good look at Affleck circa 2019 at 47 years old. When I was a teen gay boy, there were daddies I thought were sexy and they were tight, healthy, successful men. Not lardy messy addicts like Ben, who's been on a downward slide for a decade. It's a pity. That's not to say moi, at 56, would say no, but I'm not a teen boy anymore.

by Anonymousreply 337November 12, 2019 5:55 PM

Now, now, R337. We're not talking about gaylings (with taste). We're talking about teenage girls who have been ignored by their own dads for years, girls pushed by their moms to grow up too quickly and raised in a town where stars get whatever they want.

Frau Garner talked about when Ben would turn his oafish charm her way, how she wasnt able to resist. No teenage girl will be able to, either. His slurred, drunken fumblings will talk Seraphina's BF out of the smart decision to use a condom and the smarter decision to run away from him. Its predetermined, baby!

My only question is, how fast will the girls family go to TMZ after it happens?

by Anonymousreply 338November 12, 2019 6:08 PM

r334 makes no sense whatsoever. WTF?

by Anonymousreply 339November 12, 2019 6:22 PM

Cute couple. I wonder if he's fucked her yet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 340November 13, 2019 3:58 PM

Who's that? And does she have a pinhead or is his head gigantic? The differential is very disturbing.

by Anonymousreply 341November 14, 2019 3:33 AM

Who's that? And does she have a pinhead or is his head gigantic? The differential is very disturbing.

by Anonymousreply 342November 14, 2019 3:33 AM

R341 he has a massive head and multi chins.

by Anonymousreply 343November 14, 2019 3:37 AM

Easter Island head

by Anonymousreply 344November 14, 2019 3:43 AM

R344 Yes! No depth to the face.

by Anonymousreply 345November 14, 2019 3:46 AM

With his giant head, he's 6'4 but if his head were normal-sized, he'd be sub 6'.

by Anonymousreply 346November 14, 2019 3:48 AM

You'd all kiss his gigantic head for hours given half a chance.

by Anonymousreply 347November 14, 2019 4:38 AM

No we wouldn't r347. He's gross.

by Anonymousreply 348November 14, 2019 4:41 AM

r348

You'd be eating his ass

by Anonymousreply 349November 14, 2019 9:56 AM

I'd fuck him for paparazzi attention and free dinners. But I'd DM Jennifer my apologies because she deserves better.

by Anonymousreply 350November 14, 2019 11:43 AM

He obviously secretes cheap whiskey and cigarettes, so no, I'd not lick or kiss Benny's face. And I'm gagging, thinking of the state of his hole, considering how often he either has the runs from binge drinking/being hungover or being bound up from all of the pills he chomps down on. He probably does have a prolapse to go along with his newest relapse.

That tub of shit is a trainwreck of a man.

by Anonymousreply 351November 14, 2019 11:53 AM

R351 tells no lies about alcohol related butthole irritation.

Best part about being sober yet one that is oftentimes forgotten: no more endless trips to the toilet, followed by yet another shower. And yes, sometimes it gets so bad, another shower is in order, just because.

That right there, all on its own, is justifiable reason for sobriety.

by Anonymousreply 352November 14, 2019 5:07 PM

For being so fat, he has no ass at all

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 353November 14, 2019 7:53 PM

R353 Classic alco flamingo body.

by Anonymousreply 354November 14, 2019 8:35 PM

The guy’s a goner. He’ll wind up dead soon. Gone Guy.

by Anonymousreply 355November 14, 2019 9:15 PM

I hate the Pacific Group of AA in LA. Full of cult like fanatics. But Ben, if you're reading this, go to the Pacific Group and talk to Clancy. It may be the only thing that will save you.

by Anonymousreply 356November 14, 2019 9:41 PM

I see mouth and throat and tongue cancer in his future...eating all those diseased whores' pussies

by Anonymousreply 357November 14, 2019 11:45 PM

R356, why??? Clancy’s of Nazi, daughter diddling troll. At least according to his daughter, he is.

He’s sick. He has newcomers show up at his house on Saturday mornings, to mow his lawn, backyard, clip his hedges, and rewards them by allowing them to play volleyball afterwards, and then feeds them beans and franks from the 0.99 Store.

A good friend of mine went through a bad breakup. He had 7 years clean & sober. Showed up to the Pacific Group, & got a sponsor. A few weeks in, he was convinced that he was a newcomer because he was taking Wellbutrin or Zoloft-I forget which.

He didn’t tell me for two years. We were driving to a meeting where he was giving me a cake, & I said, “When can I give you a cake? Isn’t your b-day coming up?” That’s when he told me that he had to rescind his time over antidepressants.

I had heard of shit like this, but didn’t believe it, because I thought, “This is Southern California. It’s the Pacific Palisades, not Newhall”. Wrong! It was true.

So I started attending these meetings with him. I finally pulled him outta there. His ex moved to Vegas, and he got back into our normal home group, with his true and real clean time.

I love AA, but I don’t go for the group think bullshit. If something doesn’t make sense, I’m calling bullshit on it. I don’t care what the Big Book says, or what Bill and Bob said. Staying sober means not drinking and using drugs, including scrips, in a non-prescribed way, in order to get high. It doesn’t mean not taking antidepressants. And sobriety via AA doesn’t mean looking for someone to save your life. It means going somewhere where others who have shared similar trials and tribulations, gather, in support of each other. That’s it. Everything else, you know, like life, happens outside of AA.

If you or Ben, or anyone, has to consistently rely on someone else to offer guidance, advice, direction, and basic adult baby sitting services, then forget about it. That’s not independence. That’s codependency, and any alterations to that model can and most likely will create a moment of crisis, and if you can’t stand alone, you will drink.

Fuck Clancy.

by Anonymousreply 358November 15, 2019 3:00 AM

Has Ben indeed relapsed yet again, this time seriously? It's being discussed over in the Jen Garner thread. Apparently they had an argument outside her house on Thanksgiving, in broad daylight in front of the paps. She ended up driving him (in his car) all the way up to Montecito to drop him off at a private resort. Something's up.

by Anonymousreply 359December 1, 2019 3:54 AM

No. They've vacationed in Montecito as a family before.

by Anonymousreply 360December 1, 2019 5:11 AM

Is he done shooting his erotic thriller?

by Anonymousreply 361December 1, 2019 1:56 PM

She drove him to dry out for sure. He needs to get a full time sober coach to literally live with him.

by Anonymousreply 362December 1, 2019 3:18 PM

A fat, puffy alcoholic who's close to 50 is immediately what comes to mind when I think of who should be starring in an erotic thriller.

by Anonymousreply 363December 1, 2019 4:45 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 364December 1, 2019 5:56 PM

He was never in rehab, you fucking retard. Did the church stroll today for the paps, all smiles, same car and everything. Funny how much he loves the paps when he knows they're photographing a positive, pre-planned event.

by Anonymousreply 365December 1, 2019 6:37 PM

Oh, the endless fun of being involved with an alcoholic! Good times!

by Anonymousreply 366December 1, 2019 10:28 PM

Her daughters birthday was on Sunday so she would especially be on guard about the optics around his kids. He must be present but also at least appear sober. That's probably why he got a nice long drive to Santa Barbara. Sober the fuck up.

by Anonymousreply 367December 2, 2019 3:10 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!