Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Eggs Benedict

Does anyone know whatever happened to super-delish, healthful Eggs Benedict (years active 1993-2000), the impossibly hot midnight snack of yesteryear?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22October 28, 2019 3:48 AM

Healthful?

by Anonymousreply 1October 27, 2019 3:51 PM

Egg Benny-Dick

by Anonymousreply 2October 27, 2019 3:52 PM

What fat queen thinks Eggs Benedict are midnight snacks?

by Anonymousreply 3October 27, 2019 3:53 PM

Nothing that involves making a hollandaise sauce and poaching an egg can be considered a "midnight snack".

by Anonymousreply 4October 27, 2019 3:54 PM

They’re still on menus everywhere in NYC. Sometimes with avocado or whatever fancy.

by Anonymousreply 5October 27, 2019 3:55 PM

one of my favorites!

by Anonymousreply 6October 27, 2019 3:59 PM

I saw this link and I see this

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7October 27, 2019 3:59 PM

I remember eating Eggs Benedict at an IHOP in Larchmont, New York ca. 1993 and it was pretty good.

by Anonymousreply 8October 27, 2019 4:01 PM

R8 how old do you think the Eggs are now?

by Anonymousreply 9October 27, 2019 4:02 PM

How can Eggs Benedict be so exotic to you people? Its ingredients are so mundane and it's so easy to make.

by Anonymousreply 10October 27, 2019 4:04 PM

I hate it at a restaurant in New York last weekend. I'll never have any kind of eggs at IHOP because they're too greasy.

by Anonymousreply 11October 27, 2019 4:05 PM

HAD, not hate ^

by Anonymousreply 12October 27, 2019 4:06 PM

r10 r11 read number 7 and you'll understand

by Anonymousreply 13October 27, 2019 4:07 PM

My favorite food of all time. I can toast muffins, I can fry up Canadian bacon (peameal bacon is worlds better), poach eggs, and make a good hollandaise. For some reason, I cannot do these things simultaneously and have a dish worthy of my time. Easier to go out.

by Anonymousreply 14October 27, 2019 4:09 PM

OP what the fuck is wrong with you? How the hell do you even manage to use a computer let alone post on Datalounge? You are one of the rudest son of a bitches I’ve ever encountered on here in years. There’s already been a thread on this OP. As a matter of fact, you selfish asshole, there have been several threads on this, but ohhhh nooooo “I don’t have to do a search” says Mister Head Up His Ass. Well pull your fucking head out of your ass for once in your life you selfish son-of-a-bitch and have some consideration for others for a change and do a goddamn search first. Is that going to kill you? Is it? Can you just answer that question? Can you? Is it really going to kill you to do a search first? What is wrong with you? Are you that much of an idiot that you can’t use Google? Don’t even try the old “search function doesn’t work” line because every cunt on here knows how to work around that. Do a search before you post a thread next time you fucking asshole. You’ve ruined my day and I hate you.

by Anonymousreply 15October 27, 2019 4:14 PM

Hollandaise is a pain in the ass to make, but worth every calorie enjoying it out.

by Anonymousreply 16October 27, 2019 4:20 PM

[quote]r15 do a goddamn search first. Is that going to kill you? Is it? Can you just answer that question? Can you?

I understand your very valid concerns, but I'm afraid it will. And No, I cannot.

Tragically.

by Anonymousreply 17October 27, 2019 4:26 PM

I used to make Green Eggs & Ham until I stopped eating meat -- now I make Green Eggs & Mushrooms:

Toasted English muffin half

Cover with chopped mushrooms that have been sauteed in butter & dry sherry

Top with a poached egg covered with pesto

by Anonymousreply 18October 27, 2019 4:26 PM

I make my own egg dish at home - poached or fried eggs with runny yolk on toasted english muffin with crumpled blue cheese. Muffin & blue cheese, then egg. Or runny egg on toasted waffle with butter and a touch of maple syrup.

by Anonymousreply 19October 27, 2019 5:05 PM

They don't exist anymore, OP.

by Anonymousreply 20October 27, 2019 5:16 PM

Sorry, Eggs B. You have been canceled.

by Anonymousreply 21October 27, 2019 5:27 PM

Eggs Benedict as a midnight snack?

Never heard of it.

by Anonymousreply 22October 28, 2019 3:48 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!