Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Fat cat doesn't like to work out!

A large cat named Cinder-block has achieved online fame after a video of her voicing her displeasure at a mandated workout on a partially underwater treadmill has gone viral.

In the video (above), a man’s voice can be heard asking, “Are you working out?” as the gray feline, with only one paw on the treadmill, meows.

But though Cinder-block may come off as a bit grumpy in the clip, veterinarian Brita Kiffney told HuffPost she’s typically a mellow sweetheart.

“Extremely affectionate, she purrs whenever you talk to her, she’s very sweet,” said Kiffney, the medical director of Northshore Veterinary Hospital in Bellingham, Washington. The practice posted the video on Oct. 19 on Facebook, where it garnered tens of thousands of reactions and comments.

The cat’s name was previously just Cinder, but “we added ‘block’ because she’s fat,” said Kiffney. She clarified that the cat’s moniker is spelled with a hyphen and that she often is still simply referred to as Cinder.

Her former owner relinquished her to the vet after the cat’s health and hygiene issues ― largely caused by her obesity ― became too much to handle.

“I don’t want to shame the previous owner in any way,” said Kiffney, who added that the person was under a lot of stress caring for an ill family member and that the situation became “unmanageable.”

The plan is ultimately for the veterinary hospital’s receptionist to adopt Cinder-block. But for now, Kiffney is caring for the cat and handling her strict weight loss regimen. Cinder-block, who weighed 22 pounds when she was relinquished but should eventually get down to about 12 pounds, is suffering from joint problems and is at risk for issues like diabetes and pancreatitis.

“Because she’s so heavy, she can’t walk more than a couple steps right now,” said Kiffney.

Her joint issues, as well as her mellow demeanor, are what made Cinder-block seem like a good candidate for the underwater treadmill. The idea is that “the water will support her weight while she moves” and allow her to exercise without putting pressure on her joints.

Kiffney acknowledged that in the viral video, the water is too low to really be supporting Cinder-block; the plan is to raise the water gradually so that she becomes used to it. The veterinarian also said that she’s ordered Cinder-block a special harness for the workouts that should be more comfortable and supportive than the one she’s wearing in the clip.

While it’s important for cats to be at a healthy weight, Kiffney noted that it’s equally important that cats lose weight gradually, since cutting a cat’s food too drastically can lead to fatty liver disease and liver failure. She recommends that anyone whose cat needs to lose weight work with a vet to create a health plan.

Cinder-block’s newfound fame may also end up helping other pets in her community. Kiffney said that any of the proceeds that come in from licensing out the viral video will be put into a fund for local people who are having trouble paying their vet bills.

In the meantime, Cinder-block has lots of people rooting for her, with many new fans finding her general attitude towards working out pretty relatable.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129April 17, 2021 11:50 PM

Typical American.

by Anonymousreply 1October 27, 2019 2:46 AM

Omg, she's huge!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2October 27, 2019 2:47 AM

I lurv cat videos! I come to DL for them!

by Anonymousreply 3October 27, 2019 2:47 AM

She's such a pretty cat...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4October 27, 2019 2:48 AM

Shame the useless owner, don't indulge her

by Anonymousreply 5October 27, 2019 2:49 AM

Cinder is so lazy! lol

She reminds me of Nicole, from 90 Day Fiance.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6October 27, 2019 2:54 AM

Is that a happy meow or a sad meow noise that she's making?

Also, what's she doing with her paw? It looks like she's trying to swim.

by Anonymousreply 7October 27, 2019 2:55 AM

She DOES look like a cinder block!

She's oddly squared-off for a cat.

by Anonymousreply 8October 27, 2019 2:59 AM

Too fat; didn’t read

by Anonymousreply 9October 27, 2019 3:01 AM

Haha... I love Jen's comment from the video:

[quote] That's a smart cat working out that one hand to suffice her owner's demands by merely stroking back and forth 😂

Totally true!

by Anonymousreply 10October 27, 2019 3:02 AM

poekneegurrl 4 hours ago

[quote] The ol' "Feline Fakeout" - how to trick them with the "one paw patty cake" all the while mesmerizing them with a monotone Meow! Basic Cat 101 "How to trick humans"

by Anonymousreply 11October 27, 2019 3:06 AM

I have a fat 5-yr. old male cat. My place isn't that big and he doesn't get much exercise. I have to put food out all the time because I have other (normal weight) cats and don't know who's hungry.

by Anonymousreply 12October 27, 2019 3:09 AM

She must take some massive shits!

by Anonymousreply 13October 27, 2019 3:13 AM

Big fat pussy!

by Anonymousreply 14October 27, 2019 3:16 AM

Damn. I know it's unhealthy for them but fat cats are really adorable.

by Anonymousreply 15October 27, 2019 3:21 AM

They are, R15!

And she's so talkative, too. It's really cute.

by Anonymousreply 16October 27, 2019 3:22 AM

She's the feline version of Chrissy Metz!

by Anonymousreply 17October 27, 2019 3:38 AM

The cat has obvious hormonal problems.

by Anonymousreply 18October 27, 2019 3:49 AM

This is my favourite reply, complete with blue dildo in the background 🤣

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19October 27, 2019 4:59 AM

Aqua therapy for cats? Who is the genius that came up with that intervention? At least put some live fish in the water and they can get exercise chasing and catching them.

by Anonymousreply 20October 27, 2019 5:11 AM

Cats aren't meant to exercise, who about putting her on a diet.

by Anonymousreply 21October 27, 2019 5:29 AM

I have a cat that is about the same weight. When I got her she was only 7 pounds. I had her fixed and within 3 months she was 14 pounds. I only feed her 1/2 a cup of dry food twice a day.

by Anonymousreply 22October 27, 2019 7:55 AM

From above,

And I've never, ever fed her human food. I feed her good quality cat food

by Anonymousreply 23October 27, 2019 7:56 AM

Cats sure as hell aren't meant to exercise in water!

If you want the average cat to exercise, threaten to put it in water! It'll struggle out of your arms and run like hell if you do, a great little workout.

by Anonymousreply 24October 27, 2019 8:03 AM

The water is supposed to make it easier on their joints. Still doesn't seem like the best idea though.

by Anonymousreply 25October 27, 2019 8:43 AM

My late Arthur was 26 lbs, but he already weighed that when we adopted him. He was a very sweet ginger cat..

by Anonymousreply 26October 27, 2019 8:55 AM

[quote]The cat’s name was previously just Cinder, but “we added ‘block’ because she’s fat,” said Kiffney.

This just made me laugh.

by Anonymousreply 27October 27, 2019 8:59 AM

That cat is my new spirit animal. Like, getting high and travel to the treadmill in my mind and seek Cinderblock's advice which it gives while having one paw on the running treadmill going back and forth.

[quote] The cat’s name was previously just Cinder, but “we added ‘block’ because she’s fat,” said Kiffney.

Bitch, you're the one to talk, you fat cunt!

by Anonymousreply 28October 27, 2019 9:45 AM

Cinder has a really loud voice.

Is it because she's fat?

by Anonymousreply 29October 27, 2019 2:58 PM

The feline embodiment of the typical Datalounger.

by Anonymousreply 30October 27, 2019 3:35 PM

Skinny bitch!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31October 27, 2019 3:38 PM

She looks so disgruntled. Who does a gal have to blow to get some cat nip around here?

by Anonymousreply 32October 27, 2019 3:41 PM

[quote] The feline embodiment of the typical Datalounger.

How dare you, R30!

by Anonymousreply 33October 27, 2019 6:01 PM

R20 Well, some seem to like it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34October 27, 2019 6:37 PM

Why are there so damned many chubby cats?? lol

by Anonymousreply 35October 27, 2019 6:41 PM

Well fed cats don't eat their owners when they die in their homes.

by Anonymousreply 36October 27, 2019 8:44 PM

I want to get a kitten just so I can feed it and make it chubby.

They're so cute!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37October 27, 2019 8:46 PM

Haha... this kitty was sent to fat camp!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38October 27, 2019 8:47 PM

Look at how cute he is!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39October 27, 2019 8:48 PM

R39 is a fat Puss In Boots.

by Anonymousreply 40October 27, 2019 11:36 PM

She's not fat. She's just big boned.

by Anonymousreply 41October 28, 2019 10:27 PM

She's fit-fat

And clearly a DLer

by Anonymousreply 42October 28, 2019 10:36 PM

R35, Neighbor's cat died at age 7, she was 40 lbs. Couldn't convince anorexic, late 70's, cat-mother not to feed her every single time she meowed for food. Yes she was fed human food too. Neighbor's 2nd cat is also way, way overweight.

by Anonymousreply 43October 28, 2019 10:39 PM

I wish I could adopt Cinder. :o(

by Anonymousreply 44October 28, 2019 10:40 PM

It's hilarious how the guy in the video is encouraging Cinder for her "good work," even though she's only talking, and not exercising.

Lazy poop!

by Anonymousreply 45October 28, 2019 10:46 PM

It’s sad that they suffer, but Jesus are they cute.

by Anonymousreply 46October 28, 2019 11:04 PM

I've got a big old fat chonky cat like Cinderblock.

I adopted her when she was 6 months old. I had her fixed when she was about a year and a half old and within 3 months she was 14 pounds. She now weighs about 24 pounds. I only feed her half a cup of dry food in the morning and half a cup in the evening

by Anonymousreply 47October 28, 2019 11:19 PM

What do I have to feed my cat, to make them as fat as Cinder?

by Anonymousreply 48October 29, 2019 4:11 AM

R48, Allow the cat to eat every single time he meows for food, add in table scraps, and lots of canned cat food that's high fat. Once kitty's fixed they become too lazy to exercise but sleep almost all day and all night. You have to be a mean cat parent and restrict food to twice daily feedings and smaller amounts.

by Anonymousreply 49October 29, 2019 5:02 AM

Cats are the BEST!

by Anonymousreply 50October 29, 2019 5:07 AM

[Quote] Cats are the BEST!

And also entertaining.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51October 29, 2019 10:55 AM

Aqua therapy at the vet is fucking expensive. I hope they did not charge the owner for that exercise session. But good for the cat, most cats hate water so this is torture for them.

by Anonymousreply 52October 29, 2019 11:06 AM

You shall go to the ball, Cinderblock, just lose some weight!

by Anonymousreply 53October 29, 2019 11:18 AM

[quote] I hope they did not charge the owner for that exercise session. But good for the cat, most cats hate water so this is torture for them.

The vet owns the cat now. They took Cinder off the owner's hands, because they could no longer care for her. So they're probably footing the bill.

Also, they said that the receptionist is going to adopt Cinder, but only AFTER she loses weight. Haha, good luck with that! It's going to be a long wait. That cat is FAT.

As for cats not liking water, well that's why Cinder was making so much noise. She wanted OUT!

Unfortunately, she was harnessed, tied to a tether, and stuck in an aquarium like cage. There's no way she could escape, so all she could do is sit there and complain.

by Anonymousreply 54October 29, 2019 4:04 PM

I had Siamese who didn’t mind swimming in a stream or pond, but wouldn’t sit in their own filth via tub. Smart animals.

My experience is that apartment living creates fat cats. I can’t do it again because socialization is so important for them and I have to work.

by Anonymousreply 55October 29, 2019 5:29 PM

That cat must eat a shit ton of food.

I could never afford it.

by Anonymousreply 56October 30, 2019 12:16 AM

That's the fattest pussy I've ever seen!

Cinder! You FAT WHORE!

by Anonymousreply 57October 30, 2019 12:18 AM

The owner sounds obese as well.

by Anonymousreply 58October 30, 2019 12:20 AM

I *knew* Michael K would already have posted something. LOL

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59October 30, 2019 12:21 AM

I was mislead by the thread title "FAT CAT DOESN"T LIKE TO WORK OUT" I thought this thread was about governor Chris Christie.

by Anonymousreply 60October 30, 2019 12:28 AM

R47, have you thought about changing the cat's diet? If your cat is obese, maybe you shouldn't persist feeding the same food in the same way? I feed by how my cats look and weigh not slavishly adhering to the guidelines on a kibble bag. Have you taken your cat to the vet? My vet told me point blank that my cats were not to gain any more weight once they reached 12 pounds.

Feeding your cat a cup of kibble every day is like feeding yourself potato chips for every meal. A cup of kibble is calorie dense, My cats eat about 4 tablespoons of kibble for snacks. They eat 2-3 tablespoons of wet food for breakfast and dinner. Look into the canned/cooked food diet versus kibble debate. I'm in the camp that believes kibble should only be small or no part of a cat's diet.

Fat cats are cute but it's animal abuse to feed them into that state.

by Anonymousreply 61October 30, 2019 1:19 AM

My cat was *named* Bootsie Gumdrops.

I sure as shit didn’t FEED the fucking thing gumdrops.

by Anonymousreply 62October 30, 2019 1:40 AM

Calling Cinderblock fat is just rude!

by Anonymousreply 63October 30, 2019 1:49 AM

If Mariah Carey was a cat working out on a treadmill...

by Anonymousreply 64October 30, 2019 1:52 AM

It’s easy for cats to get fat and really hard to make them lose weight. Being overweight is bad for them in so many ways. You never see fat geriatric cats, sadly.

by Anonymousreply 65October 30, 2019 2:01 AM

Interesting R65.

Why do they gain weight so easily?

I wonder if doctors can study weight gain in cats, and relate it to human obesity?

It might actually help us.

by Anonymousreply 66October 30, 2019 5:16 AM

If you removed my balls, I’d eat my feelings and your more expensive leather because really. Look at my asshole that I cannot clean. Yeah. You pray I’m scooting in the carpet.

by Anonymousreply 67October 30, 2019 6:14 AM

I’m large and in charge bitches!

by Anonymousreply 68October 30, 2019 6:21 AM

How does she even know that she's supposed to walk on the treadmill?

In her head, it's just ground that moves.

by Anonymousreply 69October 30, 2019 6:23 AM

R67 Cinder-block is female. If you don't castrate female cats and they don't have litters, it's very likely that they get cysts and cancer as a result.

R66 In nature cats have to work hard for their food. As hunters every meal means running around and finding prey, stalking it, jumping it, maybe fighting with their prey if it's larger than a mouse etc. And mice aren't very calorically dense. An adult cat needs about 10 mice or so per day. That's quite a workout! Domestic cats on the other hand often sleep 16 hours a day, take a leisurely stroll around the house and eat a ton of (calorically dense) cat food, because they are bored out of their minds. This is especially true if it's dry food, where a tiny amount is calorically enough, but it takes such a short time to gobble down. Feeding only kibble is also bad for a cat's kidneys, since they usually don't drink that much and often get severe kidney problems once they're over 10 years old. We humans have a better thirst regulation, but just imagine if we were forced to eat rusk and biscuits for the rest of our lives. Not great. Wet food with the occasional raw meat is so much better.

Anyway, regarding exercise t's nearly impossible to recreate the stimulation nature offers in a home environment. They are also extremely stubborn when it comes to "exercising" or forcing them to play if they don't want to. Very different than with dogs, unfortunately. But it's also a problem to just let your cats roam around outside, because they are an invasive species and the sheer number of domesticated cats is a serious threat to birds. They are also prone to get hit by cars or into fights with other cats, martens, foxes, dogs, dingos etc., which results in tons of severely injured and slowly dying cats nobody ever finds.

by Anonymousreply 70October 30, 2019 6:32 AM

r20, the idea is for her to get use to the water and they will gradually increase it so she can exercise without the pressure on her joints. It's a treadmill for her to walk and then run on.

FYI if you haven't read the article. Cinder is in vet's car. Eventually will be adopted by the receptionist. Previous owner had sick family member and not the time to care for/

I hope the big pussy slims down.

by Anonymousreply 71October 30, 2019 7:15 AM

I can't believe I read all that for a 13 second underwhelming cat video.

by Anonymousreply 72October 30, 2019 7:19 AM

This reminded me to check up on DL fave Barsik. He's down to 33.3 lbs. (from 41 in April) and is ready to be adopted by a Datalounger who won't dress him in stupid costumes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73October 30, 2019 7:31 AM

My sister’s cat was 22 lbs. She got him down to 20 lbs. He lived to 16.

My sister and her family were away, and she asked me to feed him for a day. I gave him a can of Fancy Feast in the morning and one in the evening. She later told me he only gets 1/2 a can a day, and he was probably thrilled I was there.

by Anonymousreply 74October 30, 2019 7:49 AM

The person feeding his cat a cup of dry food per day should be aware that much dry food averages 425 calories. If your cat should be around 10 pounds, that is 150-200 calories more per day than they should be eating.

Wet food is much better for cats because it's far less calorically dense than dry and it keeps them hydrated. It's virtually impossible for a cat on a wet food diet to become overweight. Transition your cat to wet food and the extra pounds should eventually drop away.

by Anonymousreply 75October 30, 2019 8:11 AM

I had a cat that was self-motivated about exercising. Every few days, usually late at night, she would become a cat possessed and just tear through the apartment like a madman. Just running from place to place, occasionally jumping up on something or attacking some invisible creature. It was crazy! But it always made me laugh. I would just look at her and say "You're nuts!" She was too. Lord I loved her. She did stay trim.

by Anonymousreply 76October 30, 2019 8:33 AM

How FAT is your cat? Check chart below

by Anonymousreply 77October 30, 2019 8:47 AM

How FAT is your cat? Check chart below

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78October 30, 2019 8:48 AM

Je suis Cinderblock.

by Anonymousreply 79October 30, 2019 11:28 AM

Remember that time JFK said he was a donut. I’m a donut today. Poor baby.

by Anonymousreply 80October 30, 2019 1:57 PM

Is it fair to say Cinder is crushing the internet?

by Anonymousreply 81October 30, 2019 5:41 PM

Oh, a fat joke! Sooo mature Mr. r81.

by Anonymousreply 82October 30, 2019 9:39 PM

She's not lazy or it's not that she doesn't like to work out, it's just leg day today.

by Anonymousreply 83October 31, 2019 12:28 AM

[quote]Every few days, usually late at night, she would become a cat possessed and just tear through the apartment like a madman. Just running from place to place, occasionally jumping up on something or attacking some invisible creature. It was crazy!

When cats do that they aren't getting enough stimulation. Cats are nocturnal and become more active at night. If a cat isn't getting enough exercise during the day, it may act especially crazy.

by Anonymousreply 84October 31, 2019 12:31 AM

At least it's not like my fuckin' cat. Every time I go to let it out for the night, it jumps back through the window and locks me out of the house.

by Anonymousreply 85October 31, 2019 12:32 AM

Mine turns into a vagina-having witch.

by Anonymousreply 86October 31, 2019 1:01 AM

She's cute, but looks mean!

by Anonymousreply 87October 31, 2019 1:02 AM

My cat won't eat canned food.

She was a stray taken in by the local animal shelter and all she has ever eaten is dry food. She won't even eat grilled chicken.

I don't want her to get fat but how do I get her to eat canned food? She won't eat any sort of treat, either.

by Anonymousreply 88October 31, 2019 3:20 AM

So many different symptoms of the very very same maladies. Step this way (such dainty feet for ze vider pepples

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89October 31, 2019 3:58 AM

I like how the guy’s trying to give her a pep talk and she’s not having it. “Are you working out?”

“FUCK YOU I HATE THIS”

“Aww, that’s good work.”

“I SAID FUCK OFF, NOW WHEN’S DINNER”

by Anonymousreply 90October 31, 2019 5:03 AM

I know R90. You can tell she's talking some shit. I kind of get the feeling the guy is aware and enjoys giving her a hard time. That honker is clearly adored though. I hope she's a success story weight wise.

by Anonymousreply 91October 31, 2019 5:33 AM

Fat upper pussy area.

by Anonymousreply 92October 31, 2019 6:00 AM

I feel you Sis.

by Anonymousreply 93October 31, 2019 7:44 AM

"Cat dislikes water"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94October 31, 2019 9:15 AM

I've been following Barsik the 41 lbs. cat on Instagram who became famous this summer, and he's lost several pounds already with his foster family and is moving a lot better. Cinderblock looks to weigh less than Barsik did so I bet she'll be fine. She's a cutie, too.

by Anonymousreply 95October 31, 2019 9:19 AM

Oh, I see R73 already mentioned Barsik! I swear I did a search on this page and didn't find it. Barsik is pretty great, if Cinderblock gets an IG account I'll follow her too.

by Anonymousreply 96October 31, 2019 9:21 AM

Her plaintive meows for mercy and food are adorable.

by Anonymousreply 97October 31, 2019 12:41 PM

r88

From the "Squish that cat" Vet

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98October 31, 2019 12:48 PM

Disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 99October 31, 2019 1:19 PM

My mom has 4 skinny cats, the youngest is 17 the oldest is 22. I swear they will live forever.

by Anonymousreply 100October 31, 2019 1:29 PM

R88, my cats do not refuse wet food but their preference is for kibble so I have to put more effort and thought into their canned food diet. Things I have learned in 10 years:

Introduce new foods during the cool seasons. My cats' appetite decreases significantly in late spring and into the summer. Food they were happily eating a few months earlier go untouched. They are much more finicky and I have to stick to their very top 1 or 2 favorite can brands to get them to eat. Conversely, now in the fall, they are eating everything I put down. I'm introducing new brands and increasing the variety of their canned food diet.

Fancy Feast and Friskies are the cracked cocaine of feline canned food. They may not be the healthiest but I would rather feed the junkiest canned food to my cats than the healthiest dry food. Don't hesitate to try different brands and levels--your cat may demand the very best or really love the cheapest no name brand.

Entice the cat, sprinkle kibble on top of some wet food. I blast dry food in the food processor to a fine sand texture. I sprinkle it all over a dish of wet food so with every bite the cat gets some kibble. It also decreases the amount of kibble the cat eats. But just start off with topping off the wet food with full kibble. If that doesn't work, try turning the kibble into a powder. Other inducements include fish flakes (bonito flakes), freeze dried chicken/meat bits, adding tuna juice, Fortiflora probiotic mix, etc. Buy human grade fish flakes, it's cheaper than the cat specific brands. It's the same thing--if you know Japanese food, it's what they sprinkle on top of miso soup and takoyaki.

If you mix kibble with wet food--do not leave it out all day. The kibble can go bad after having contact with moisture. In the summer, I pick up after an hour or so. In the winter, after a couple of hours.

Don't leave dry food out to free feed. My cats eat four times a day at fixed times. I feed wet food in the morning and at night. Auto feeders dispense small amounts of kibble in the afternoon and early evening. If you are going to free feed than at least watch the portions. Don't just mindlessly top off the bowl. I'm indulging my cats with 4 feedings but one of them vomits when she eats too much too fast. I find feeding more often to be less inconvenient than cleaning up upchucked food. But some cats can get by with 2 or 3 feedings a day.

Google "how to get cat to eat wet food" for many more tips.

by Anonymousreply 101October 31, 2019 1:47 PM

Cinder's latest video - some is now inside with her forcing her to walk on the treadmill not sit by the side.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102October 31, 2019 2:12 PM

Video from ABC News showing the whole process of trying to get Cinder on treadmill

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103October 31, 2019 2:15 PM

Checking her empty plate; this cat does not stop complaining.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104October 31, 2019 2:19 PM

An underwater treadmill, well that cat's an electrocution waiting to happen

by Anonymousreply 105October 31, 2019 10:42 PM

Fat Pussy Playtime

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106November 9, 2019 11:00 PM

She's the feline Chrissy Metz!

by Anonymousreply 107November 9, 2019 11:23 PM

I love how Cinderblock took four of five steps during playtime, and then decided it was time to lick her ass.

by Anonymousreply 108November 9, 2019 11:27 PM

She looks like a British blue, and they're prone to being chunky.

Mine has battled with his weight for a long time, but he's lost a few pounds from his heaviest, and can still be really active.

by Anonymousreply 109November 10, 2019 2:06 AM

[quote] She must take some massive shits!

[quote] She's the feline version of Chrissy Metz!

Now THOSE are two postings I did not want to see so close together...

by Anonymousreply 110November 10, 2019 2:24 AM

Thanks, r101.

Between your tips and the cat person at work, I got her to eat some canned food. I got her some smelly tuna stuff and put just a bit in her bowl and covered it with dry.

She gobbled it right up.

I guess the other food wasn't stinky enough for her.

by Anonymousreply 111November 12, 2019 2:50 AM

The cat can not breath and his knees and hips hurt him, of course he does not want to work out!

by Anonymousreply 112November 12, 2019 3:00 AM

Cinder is a SHE, not a HE, R112.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113November 12, 2019 7:11 PM

Lazy fatass!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114November 12, 2019 7:12 PM

How can this fat shit even walk?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115November 12, 2019 7:16 PM

I've never seen a cat with a double chin, before.

Weird.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116November 12, 2019 7:16 PM

It is easier to get dogs to lose weight. Dogs will often eat fattening food but they will also eat non fattening food. You can mix a can of dog food with a can of green beans. Even fat cats are picky.

by Anonymousreply 117November 12, 2019 7:26 PM

R15 My mom's cat is really fat. She's older and not as active as she used to. She's on diet food now but it's not helping much. She's still very fat. Oh well, the weight isn't in the way of her using the cat door, he seems content and happy. I have a cat myself and I have the opposite problem with her. She's two years old and still acting like a kitten. She's very active and I suspect that's why she's skinny. She gets plenty of food, but she's not really gaining weight. She seems happy and healthy though.

by Anonymousreply 118November 12, 2019 7:58 PM

How did I know that a mean lesbian would take over Cinder??

She's not the boss of CINDER!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119November 14, 2019 7:43 PM

Why are cats such crybabies?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120November 23, 2019 6:26 PM

A little skinnier?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121January 25, 2020 12:15 AM

Ah, doesn't look like it...

by Anonymousreply 122January 25, 2020 1:22 AM

The fat turns into pain. I would cut her food in half.

by Anonymousreply 123January 25, 2020 2:06 AM

Cinder's diet doesn't seem to be working.

She's still obese!

by Anonymousreply 124January 25, 2020 5:59 PM

She lost some weight and, thanks to covid, no more water treadmill!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125May 17, 2020 1:16 AM

Poor thing

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126May 17, 2020 8:34 AM

[quote] cinderblock_cat Feeling relaxed for her echocardiogram, Cinder proudly shows off her cute belly (and freshly shaved chest). We performed this type of diagnostic imaging to rule-out any heart abnormalities before undergoing general anesthesia for her upcoming dental cleaning. Turns out her heart is just perfect ❤️

Haha at R126.

See! Just because she lives a 600 pound cat life, doesn't mean that her health is bad.

Her heart is just perfect!

by Anonymousreply 127May 17, 2020 7:04 PM

Her Instagram says she's down to about 16 pounds, with a goal weight of 12 pounds.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 128April 17, 2021 9:01 PM

I don't understand how the water is supposed to make it easier for the cat to support its own weight if there isn't enough for the cat's midsection to "float" a bit. Seems like all it's doing is making the cat want to leave, which gets them to walk, I guess...

by Anonymousreply 129April 17, 2021 11:50 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!