Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

PC Questions

Is anyone here good with computers and can answer some questions?

by Anonymousreply 32November 16, 2019 6:29 AM

I am not that great with computers but I have been able to solve just about every problem by asking Google. I have even fixed friends computers. Maybe you should ask Google your questions. Quite often you can even find Youtube videos that explain how to fix problems.

by Anonymousreply 1October 27, 2019 12:14 AM

1 is on, 0 is off.

by Anonymousreply 2October 27, 2019 1:44 AM

sure, what's up?

by Anonymousreply 3October 27, 2019 1:48 AM

HA HA! I thought this was a "lets be PC questions" I'll start

Does your female penis stink?

by Anonymousreply 4October 27, 2019 1:50 AM

I, myself, cannot.

by Anonymousreply 5October 27, 2019 1:52 AM

Without knowing what your specific questions are, how can anyone opine about whether they can answer them?

by Anonymousreply 6October 27, 2019 2:41 AM

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

by Anonymousreply 7October 27, 2019 5:30 AM

Is it plugged in?

by Anonymousreply 8October 27, 2019 6:48 PM

I have 16GB in my computer but under system it only shows there is 13.9 is this normal?

by Anonymousreply 9November 11, 2019 5:54 AM

What is this Windows 10-S?

by Anonymousreply 10November 11, 2019 1:25 PM

r9 Is this what you're talking about? (This came from the SYSTEM app in Windows 10):

Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 16.0 GB

Total Physical Memory 15.9 GB

Available Physical Memory 4.41 GB

Total Virtual Memory 28.3 GB

Available Virtual Memory 4.48 GB

Page File Space 12.4 GB

by Anonymousreply 11November 11, 2019 3:06 PM

[quote]I have 16GB in my computer but under system it only shows there is 13.9 is this normal?

not sure if you are talking about your hard drive (seems small for a modern computer) or RAM memory etc.

but yes it's normal. Usually some part of the memory is taken up by the operating system or other software that is needed to run the computer.

Kind of like your 64G iphone will never show a full 64G free.

by Anonymousreply 12November 11, 2019 3:25 PM

Thank you for the help and yes I was referring to system RAM. Another question I had was about a two-drive setup, I have a 240GB M.2 OS drive and a 1TB standard SSD storage drive because I was told it would be faster when booting up but I was curious if it was faster than just having a single large M.2 drive. Thanks again for the help.

by Anonymousreply 13November 11, 2019 4:36 PM

I have no idea what an M2. OS drive is. An SSD is always much faster than a traditional hard drive. Is the operating system on the 240GB drive? There is a way to put the operating system on the SSD and use the other as storage (or install something larger.) Is this a laptop or a desktop, BTW?

I have a newer desktop that has the operating system (with more memory and a faster processor) on a 1TB hard drive, and an older one that has the operating system on a 500GB SSD, and the older one is much, MUCH faster than the newer one. I'll never get a computer with a hard drive again. Get a decent-sized SSD and use USB 3.0 and an external HD if you need extra storage. (Or even an external SSD.) SSDs are definitely pricier, but they're more reliable (no moving parts) and lighter than traditional hard drives.

by Anonymousreply 14November 11, 2019 7:07 PM

Would it have killed you to have at least posted a picture or link? I mean would that have been so hard? Would it? Why don’t you try to think more of others next time before you post?

by Anonymousreply 15November 11, 2019 7:27 PM

Sorry, I have a Chromebook and can't answer OP's question. Why a Chromebook? Quick start-ups and no delay in pages loading. Yes, I need an internet connection, but I can live with that.

I recently bought a new Chromebook and after getting it connected to my WiFi, then logged in, all my bookmarks were there.

My advice to OP: get a Chromebook and ditch the PC.

by Anonymousreply 16November 11, 2019 7:55 PM

I love Chromebooks too, and recommend them to a lot of people, but for some reason they're hesitant. I guess people are afraid of having to learn something new. They don't realize how simple Chromebooks are.

by Anonymousreply 17November 12, 2019 1:46 AM

I play PC games so I need a desktop with a dedicated graphics card.

by Anonymousreply 18November 12, 2019 12:45 PM

[quote]I have no idea what an M2. OS drive is. An SSD is always much faster than a traditional hard drive.

An M.2 will be faster as a GENERAL rule. But it depends on how old the drive is, who made, what model and type it is. A bargain M2 drive will not be as fast as the best SSD drive. (and M2 is a type of SSD)

by Anonymousreply 19November 12, 2019 1:52 PM

I like blue

by Anonymousreply 20November 12, 2019 1:55 PM

I'm someone else not OP

And my question is. I spilled wine on the keyboard of my laptop. Is my whole system dead now? I laid it upside down for it to dry after that it doesn't turn on anymore. If I plug it in the light that turns on when its charging turn on.

by Anonymousreply 21November 12, 2019 2:02 PM

The motherboard in my PC came with Bluetooth 4.2, is there anyway to upgrade it to Bluetooth 5.0 or would I have to just get a new motherboard?

by Anonymousreply 22November 13, 2019 7:14 PM

R21, try not using it for a few days so it can completely dry out. I spilled unknown quantities of coffee on my old Sony Laptop a few years ago, and it always came back once it was dry. Turned it upside down initially, coffee came out, then let it rest for a few days. The laptop eventually died a natural death five years later.

by Anonymousreply 23November 14, 2019 2:03 PM

r15, just say "this thread is useless without pics" and be done with it.

by Anonymousreply 24November 15, 2019 9:11 PM

I spilled a cup of hot tea on the keyboard of my laptop and it immediately stopped working and wouldn't start the next day so I went out and bought a new laptop. Just for the hell of it I tried booting the old laptop up a couple of weeks later and it worked just fine.

by Anonymousreply 25November 16, 2019 1:08 AM

i need a fast and reliable laptop, top quality. Any suggestions?

I will be purchasing it with xmas money.

by Anonymousreply 26November 16, 2019 1:19 AM

[quote] i need a fast and reliable laptop, top quality. Any suggestions?

[quote] I will be purchasing it with xmas money.

You need to tell us what you will be using it for, a gaming computer would be much different than a computer for writing the next great American novel, or what ever country you live in.

by Anonymousreply 27November 16, 2019 1:21 AM

The current issue of Consumer Reports has laptop reviews.

by Anonymousreply 28November 16, 2019 2:56 AM

Yes, OP, you got the virus on your computer from a PRON site.

by Anonymousreply 29November 16, 2019 3:00 AM

[r28] oh thank you. Do you have a link, btw?

by Anonymousreply 30November 16, 2019 4:02 AM

[quote] R21: I spilled wine on the keyboard of my laptop. Is my whole system dead now?

After spilling something on any electronic device, you should let it dry out because attempting to use it could actually damage it, if still wet inside.

Try your keyboard after it has dried and charged. It’s possible your keyboard is dead, but the rest of your system should be completely unaffected.

by Anonymousreply 31November 16, 2019 6:08 AM

Yes OP Facebook has your nudie pics and no, you can't get it back, whore.

by Anonymousreply 32November 16, 2019 6:29 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!