Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Annoying Voice!!!

I met a woman today with a very annoying voice and manner of speaking. I guess you could call it cane voice. I couldn’t wait to get away from her. Anybody else?

by Anonymousreply 16October 25, 2019 1:29 PM

I dunno, but I kinda love that cane is still around. Not that I dislike lesbians at all, but there is something about the whole cane and DL that is still weirdly wonderful.

by Anonymousreply 1October 24, 2019 3:56 AM

No sorry, I didn't meet her.

by Anonymousreply 2October 24, 2019 3:59 AM

Cane voice? Was she a lesbian?

by Anonymousreply 3October 24, 2019 4:01 AM

Can you describe what it was about her voice that annoyed you, OP?

by Anonymousreply 4October 24, 2019 4:08 AM

I cannot stand this sports announcers voice! Her name is Beth Mowins and I have to mute a game if I ever hear her voice.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5October 24, 2019 4:09 AM

I didn't meet her today either.

by Anonymousreply 6October 24, 2019 4:29 AM

High cane voice there R5!

by Anonymousreply 7October 24, 2019 9:52 AM

Oh boy!

by Anonymousreply 8October 24, 2019 3:20 PM

That tall Becky chef on America's Test Kitchen has an annoying voice.

by Anonymousreply 9October 24, 2019 3:21 PM

Misogyny alert.

by Anonymousreply 10October 24, 2019 3:22 PM

R10 I’m female.

by Anonymousreply 11October 24, 2019 5:25 PM

Listen to the agent. Even the most ardent feminist would want to wear ear plugs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12October 24, 2019 8:47 PM

Poor lady in R12 sounds like she constantly sucks on helium!

by Anonymousreply 13October 24, 2019 11:55 PM

Voices are very important. I think we all react to different registers and tones. I know a school principal who has a beautiful speaking voice, and I’ve watched people fall completely under her spell because of it. It’s a sort of contralto with a sensual edge, but very business-like at the same time. It’s very interesting to watch. People take her very seriously, but she laughs and puts them at ease. I think Barack Obama has the same quality.

I try to be aware of my own voice, after watching her. Sometimes mine gets an edge when I’m excited, and I try to modulate it for a better effect.

by Anonymousreply 14October 25, 2019 1:19 PM

R13, there was one show where she was constantly speaking to a young woman with severe vocal fry; it was unbearable.

by Anonymousreply 15October 25, 2019 1:26 PM

The only voice type I cannot stand is vocal fry. It sounds like their larynx is constantly cracking. Females who talk like this too are the types who seem to never stop talking.

by Anonymousreply 16October 25, 2019 1:29 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!