Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Breaking News: President Carter Hospitalized

President Jimmy Carter has been hospitalized after falling at home and suffering a pelvic fracture. He is expected to recover fully and hopes to be back at home soon.

by Anonymousreply 64October 26, 2019 7:05 PM

I rebuke you r1!

by Anonymousreply 2October 22, 2019 11:52 AM

He's falling every week at this point, what the hell. šŸ˜•

Just strap him to a wheelchair already.

by Anonymousreply 3October 22, 2019 11:53 AM

At that age he shouldnā€™t have been on that ladder replacing a window.

by Anonymousreply 4October 22, 2019 11:54 AM

Olā€™ Jimmy will be back building houses by November. Nothing keeps this guy down for long.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5October 22, 2019 11:54 AM

Former U.S. President Jimmy Carter has been taken to hospital after a fall at his home in Georgia. The 95-year-old suffered a 'minor pelvic fracture' on Monday following the incident at his home in Plains. A statement from The Carter Center said Carter remains inĀ good spirits and looks forward to recovering at home.

by Anonymousreply 6October 22, 2019 11:57 AM

R1 is human garbage.

by Anonymousreply 7October 22, 2019 12:02 PM

R1 is on ignore

by Anonymousreply 8October 22, 2019 12:07 PM

A Grease Fire is too pleasant for R1

by Anonymousreply 9October 22, 2019 12:08 PM

At his age heā€™s undoubtedly suffering from several neurological conditions that compromise stability. Some level of benign vertigo and loss of depth perception are very common in those over 90 years of age.

His physical activity should be limited to stationary exercise that maximizes muscle maintenance and flexibility. His walking should be monitored. Multiple falls at his age are a sign that his ambulatory activity needs to be monitored and aided with a cane or walker.

Iā€™m not a doctor, but I play one on DL.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10October 22, 2019 12:09 PM

May God bless and keep him. Wishing president Carter a speedy full recovery.

I hope rosalynn is okay too.

by Anonymousreply 11October 22, 2019 12:15 PM

Jimmy Carter is going out on his own terms. Heā€™d rather be dead than have his physical activity limited to a goddamn exercise bike in the basement while he sits around all day watching television.

by Anonymousreply 12October 22, 2019 12:17 PM

He needs a walking stick at least

by Anonymousreply 13October 22, 2019 12:32 PM

No one over 60 falls and recovers. He'll be lucky to last out the year.

by Anonymousreply 14October 22, 2019 12:58 PM

I had already blocked R1, so he must be consistently odious.

by Anonymousreply 15October 22, 2019 1:08 PM

R1 should be banned

by Anonymousreply 16October 22, 2019 1:14 PM

Check the stats. Huge percentage of elderly die within 1 year of breaking hip!

He will get pneumonia and die....that's what happened to my grandmother.

Is there a thread yet for deathpool 2020?

by Anonymousreply 17October 22, 2019 1:18 PM

My grandma broke her hip over a decade ago, and didnā€™t die. My other one broke her arm, and still dances

by Anonymousreply 18October 22, 2019 1:21 PM

He is going to live and do what he loves up until the end. When you have a soul that deep and a heart that open, there is no fear of death.

He is a hero.

by Anonymousreply 19October 22, 2019 1:28 PM

Thanks for sharing the new update...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20October 22, 2019 1:30 PM

He gave away the Panama Canal, after so many people died building it, Panama would be worse off than any other NA country (including Haiti) if not for the canal.

by Anonymousreply 21October 22, 2019 1:37 PM

R21, he didnā€™t give it away, it wasnā€™t his to keep. There was always an agreement in place that Panama would eventually own the canal. We made billions off of it, isnā€™t that enough? Youā€™ll begrudge Panama giving their citizens a decent life? Trumpster of the worst sort.

by Anonymousreply 22October 22, 2019 1:42 PM

If anyone needed proof that the DL is a cesspool whose depth cannot be plumbed, R1 currently has 18 WWs.

I continue to be surprised by the insane depravity of the banana republic that is the USA in the twenty-first century.

by Anonymousreply 23October 22, 2019 1:48 PM

R23, theyā€™ve figured out that you can refresh a page and give yourself as many WWs as you want.

by Anonymousreply 24October 22, 2019 2:06 PM

Panama is popping today

by Anonymousreply 25October 22, 2019 2:07 PM

[quote] R21: He gave away the Panama Canal, after so many people died building it, Panama would be worse off than any other NA country (including Haiti) if not for the canal.

ā€œFrom those to whom much is given, much will be expected.ā€ -God

I didnā€™t understand it at the time, but do now. Just like the UK and Portugal ā€œgaveā€ back Hong Kong and Macao, when their leases were due to expire, the most powerful countries must follow the rule of law, even when it is inconvenient. Otherwise, weā€™re just another Fascist state that deserves all the shit that the rest of the world deservedly throws at us. Otherwise, small states will all strive for nuclear weapons, to protect themselves from our fascist and lawless impulses. Otherwise, the world is run like it was in 1914, on the basis of fear and intimidation, with no trust and no humanity. (And no stability, obviously.)

When the Kennedy Administration was briefing the French on the newly discovered Russian missile sites in Cuba, in the 1960s, the French Ambassador interrupted the American presentation by saying, ā€œIf the American President says that there are nuclear missile sites being built in Cuba, the French President believes him. We can move on from that.ā€ Well, we finally pissed all that away in Iraq, thanks to Dubya, but it is what we should strive for.

by Anonymousreply 26October 22, 2019 2:15 PM

Hong Kong was not leased; it was given to Britain in perpetuity. It was the mainland part that was leased.

by Anonymousreply 27October 22, 2019 2:27 PM

I'm on my sixth heart!

by Anonymousreply 28October 22, 2019 2:28 PM

Ok R14/17 I have indeed checked the stats out. About 25-50% mortality within one year, according to some studies. But much lower if given intensive rehabilitation.

Iā€™d bet on Jimmy surviving because as a former President he will have the best care available. Also he has a strong motivation to live and continue doing good works. Which is more than about 95% of the Republican assholes in power now.

by Anonymousreply 29October 22, 2019 2:31 PM

Once had a doctor friend tell me that what actually happens the majority of the time is an older person's hip breaks and Then they fall. Also, eat shit [R1].

by Anonymousreply 30October 22, 2019 2:33 PM

I'm not feeling good about this latest fall.

by Anonymousreply 31October 22, 2019 2:38 PM

You felt good about some of the earlier ones r31?

by Anonymousreply 32October 22, 2019 2:42 PM

R30, I worked in nursing homes in my youth and that was our understanding as well.

But yes, broken hip>bedrest>pneumonia. Get your old people their pneumonia vaccines so they have a fighting chance (if they so desire one).

by Anonymousreply 33October 22, 2019 2:46 PM

Not saying I was glad he fell the prior times, but falling so soon after the last time...not a very good scenario at all. **praying**

by Anonymousreply 34October 22, 2019 2:52 PM

I don't know their living arrangements, but I'm sure they probably have someone come over during the day to help them. But honestly it seems like they should have 24 care now. I will say, because I took care of three elderly people, my mother and father , and my Aunt, it is almost impossible to prevent someone from falling. My Aunt cracked her pelvis when she went to sit down and the chair moved away from her slightly. She lost her balance in the blink of an eye and plopped down on the floor. Started screaming in pain. I know the Carter's liive modestly in the family home, but they definitely should not be left on their own....no matter how much they might protest.

by Anonymousreply 35October 22, 2019 3:10 PM

When they get osteoporosis, just a hard sneeze can crack a rib.

by Anonymousreply 36October 22, 2019 3:14 PM

[quote]My grandma broke her hip over a decade ago, and didnā€™t die. My other one broke her arm, and still dances

My aunt broke her pelvis and she's still fucking half the retirement community she lives in.

by Anonymousreply 37October 22, 2019 3:15 PM

What about the other half r37?

by Anonymousreply 38October 22, 2019 3:15 PM

In another Universe Jimmy Carter would be the Pope

by Anonymousreply 39October 22, 2019 3:16 PM

r17 and he had brain cancer which most people die from and didn't die from that. It ain't over till it's over.

by Anonymousreply 40October 22, 2019 3:23 PM

he's 95, he's not gonna last much long. Face the facts kiddos!

He's fucking ancient!

by Anonymousreply 41October 22, 2019 3:45 PM

R1 must be a piece of work as I already blocked him from previous toxic comment(s). The karmic blowback will be big for that one.

by Anonymousreply 42October 22, 2019 3:57 PM

Karmic blowback is big: hopefully R1 will suffer the fate he wishes on someone far more accomplished than he/her/it.

What can be done to help karma along?

by Anonymousreply 43October 22, 2019 4:02 PM

R1 - ā€œSuch a shame he didn't fall and break his neck.ā€

Such a shame R1 doesnā€™t fall and break ITā€™s neck.

There you go scum bag, fixed it for your sorry, low-life ass.

by Anonymousreply 44October 22, 2019 4:04 PM

R1, you are vile. Watch yourself

by Anonymousreply 45October 22, 2019 4:53 PM

Regarding R28, why do you think I perped that ā€œhunting accident.ā€ I was on the hunt for my 5th heart.

by Anonymousreply 46October 22, 2019 4:57 PM

R1, eat shit and die.

Muriel, in the meantime can you please punch and delete this troll permanently? It contributes nothing to this forum in terms of a meaningful conversation, but continues to spew forth vile.

by Anonymousreply 47October 22, 2019 5:02 PM

and to the 19 of you who gave R1 a W&W, drop dead.

by Anonymousreply 48October 22, 2019 5:02 PM

Sight unseen; R1 and itā€™s 19 WWā€™s have very punchable faces.

by Anonymousreply 49October 22, 2019 11:02 PM

He gonna die.

by Anonymousreply 50October 22, 2019 11:09 PM

Could you have at at least posted a picture or link OP? I mean would that have been so hard? Why donā€™t you try to think more of others next time before you post?

by Anonymousreply 51October 22, 2019 11:18 PM

Maybe he broke more than his hip, did he break his teeth?

by Anonymousreply 52October 22, 2019 11:28 PM

Newsflash: So are you R50, unless morons live forever.

by Anonymousreply 53October 22, 2019 11:55 PM

I, too, had R1 blocked already. Someone's got bad energy.

95 is a nice long life.

by Anonymousreply 54October 23, 2019 12:09 AM

Is he back home?

by Anonymousreply 55October 23, 2019 2:21 AM

He's more fucked up them he led us to believe. where are the pictures? Is he still in hospital? Must be very dire.

Bernie lied about his condition at first too...

Don't believe these old cunts.

by Anonymousreply 56October 23, 2019 7:47 PM

As opposed to young cunts, r56?

by Anonymousreply 57October 23, 2019 8:34 PM

Speedy recovery Mr. President! He's a good man.

by Anonymousreply 58October 23, 2019 9:16 PM

No he's not R58. Don't be naĆÆve. Somebody who clienteled with Bert Lance, Jody Powelll, Stansfied Turner, and Ghaith Pharaon back in the day is not a "good man"

by Anonymousreply 59October 26, 2019 6:07 PM

Washington (CNN)Former President Jimmy Carter has been released from the hospital after being treated for an injury sustained during a fall at his home earlier this week, the Carter Center said Thursday. Carter, 95, was admitted Monday night to Phoebe Sumter Medical Center for observation and treatment of a minor pelvic fracture sustained during a fall at his home in Plains, Georgia. In a statement, Deanna Congileo, director of communications for the Carter Center, said the former president "is looking forward to continuing to recuperate at his home in Plains, Georgia, and thanks everyone for their kind well wishes." The 39th president also fell and hit his head in his home two weeks ago when he was getting ready for church, requiring 14 stitches above his brow. The former president has also previously survived brain and liver cancer, announcing his cancer was gone in 2015.

Carter has remained resilient, continuing his decades-long work building houses for Habitat for Humanity. Following the fall earlier this month, he traveled later that day to Nashville, Tennessee, where he kicked off the 36th Carter Work Project with the organization. "I fell down and hit my forehead on a sharp edge and had to go to the hospital. And they took 14 stitches in my forehead and my eye is black, as you've noticed. But I had a number one priority and that was to come to Nashville and build houses," he told a crowd that evening.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60October 26, 2019 6:10 PM

Praise God

by Anonymousreply 61October 26, 2019 6:11 PM

I am glad he is being released and recovering. A truly great American.

by Anonymousreply 62October 26, 2019 6:18 PM

Oh god someoneā€™s going to use his death to Make a Carter-sequel call for bullshit ā€œunityā€ ā€œhealingā€ and ā€œcivility.ā€ Buttigieg maybe. Heā€™s like Obama that way.

by Anonymousreply 63October 26, 2019 7:00 PM

Bitch has 9 lives.

by Anonymousreply 64October 26, 2019 7:05 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!