Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Bill Macy, Bea Arthur's Husband on 'Maude,' Dies at 97

Bill Macy, who played the frustrated husband Walter Findlay opposite Bea Arthur on the hit 1970s sitcom Maude, has died. He was 97.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19April 24, 2020 4:50 AM

No mention of "Oh! Calcutta!" ?

by Anonymousreply 1October 18, 2019 7:51 PM

He was great in the Mel Brooks inspired "My Favorite Year" as the sarcastic/downtrodden writer on a variety show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2October 18, 2019 7:54 PM

He died again? What an attention whore!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3October 18, 2019 8:02 PM

God finally got him for that

by Anonymousreply 4October 18, 2019 8:04 PM

My apologies R3, I should have checked DL first.

by Anonymousreply 5October 18, 2019 8:06 PM

How did I miss this? Walter!

by Anonymousreply 6April 23, 2020 3:22 PM

He was an odd choice for a nude play. He sure wasn't that pleasing to the eye, but I guess he was a name on the theater circuit and was willing to appear nude. I'm sure a lot of established names were averse to appear in a play like that.

by Anonymousreply 7April 23, 2020 4:04 PM

That’s a terribly unflattering photo of Bea, OP.

by Anonymousreply 8April 23, 2020 9:47 PM

Do you know how many previous threads there have been on this exact subject OP? Do you? I mean seriously, do you? Have you done any kind of research on it? Did you? Did you do any kind of search first? Did you? What did you do? Tell us OP. Tell us how you searched for prior threads you filthy asshole fucker. Show us what you did . Provide a link or a screenshot butt hole breath. Can you at least do that? Can you? Why would you even think of coming here and posting a thread like this when you know damn good and well there have already been many of the exact same threads that have preceded this same fucking subjecct. Answer me bastard. You owe everyone here the truth as to why you feel you are so much better than every other person here that you can just walk your ass in here without doing a search first. You just eat shit. I hate you OP and I hope you get AIDS.

by Anonymousreply 9April 23, 2020 9:49 PM

Finally!

by Anonymousreply 10April 24, 2020 12:17 AM

Bill, Bea, and the cast of Maude.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11April 24, 2020 12:44 AM

It's just me now.

by Anonymousreply 12April 24, 2020 1:03 AM

"Maude" was a perfect example of a show where the supporting cast just didn't measure up to the star. Most really successful shows have great secondary characters , or a co-star who can go toe-to-toe with the lead. "Maude"' had no one at Bea's level.

by Anonymousreply 13April 24, 2020 1:17 AM

"Maude" was a perfect example of a show where the supporting cast just didn't measure up to the star. Most really successful shows have great secondary characters , or a co-star who can go toe-to-toe with the lead. "Maude"' had no one at Bea's level.

by Anonymousreply 14April 24, 2020 1:17 AM

by Anonymousreply 15April 24, 2020 1:17 AM

Just to clarify, are we to understand that "Maude" had no one at Bea's level?

by Anonymousreply 16April 24, 2020 1:43 AM

"Oh! Calcutta!" He was in that nudie play? From what I've heard about it, it sounded awful, truly gross. And it certainly didn't help that it had Bill Macy nude in it.

by Anonymousreply 17April 24, 2020 1:45 AM

Maude acted like a brute and Bill acted like he was a wimp. That what they wanted.

by Anonymousreply 18April 24, 2020 2:19 AM

Why didn't she marry him in the Golden Showers finale?

by Anonymousreply 19April 24, 2020 4:50 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!