Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Cameron Douglas On Being A Drug Dealer & Addict

“I hated the wreckage I saw in my life because of drugs, but I just couldn’t stop,” Cameron, now 40, tells PEOPLE exclusively in this week’s cover story.

Feeling all but helpless on the sidelines were Cameron’s parents, Michael, and Diandra, 63, a former model and producer, whose attempts at getting their son help over the years largely fell on deaf ears.

“There were moments when hope dwindled… and then it’s just a train out of the station,” Michael, 75, tells PEOPLE exclusively. “Life became a series of crises. I thought I was going to lose him.”

or a time, Cameron shot up cocaine nearly daily and withstood drug-induced seizures.

“It’s the sneaky power, the stranglehold that addiction has when you’re in the throes of it,” he says. “When you get that far down the rabbit hole, there are a couple options: there’s prison and then there’s death.”

Cameron narrowly escaped the latter, but in 2009 a DEA sting operation landed him behind bars. He faced a five-year term for conspiracy to distribute meth and cocaine. In all, Cameron would spend nearly eight years in prison — the sentence was extended for possession while he was incarcerated — but he emerged in 2016 a changed man.

Today, Cameron is raising his beloved 22-month-old daughter Lua with longtime girlfriend Viviane Thiebes, 41, a yoga instructor, working on restarting his acting career and feeling deep gratitude that his family never gave up on him.

Determined to help other addicts “seek help – and maybe save a life,” Cameron shares his harrowing, and ultimately inspiring, journey in an upcoming memoir, Long Way Home, excerpted exclusively in this week’s issue.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10October 24, 2019 2:19 AM

When Cameron Douglas was released from prison in 2016 after nearly eight years behind bars for drug-related offenses, his dad, Hollywood icon Michael Douglas, was finally able to exhale, if just a little bit.

Michael, 75, was, of course, grateful Cameron, 40, had made it through his incarceration and even more so that he’d emerged sober. But the Oscar winner acknowledges his reactions evolved as time went on.

“It went from feeling [cautious] to relief, to the joy of having Cameron back,” Michael tells PEOPLE exclusively in this week’s cover story.

“It’s like this huge storm has passed and the sun came out and you can enjoy your life again without looking over your back. It’s a wonderful feeling of being complete.”

In fact, Michael admits he pulled away some from Cameron at certain points.

“There were moments when hope dwindled… and then it’s just a train out of the station,” recalls the Kominsky Method star. “You go from compassion for somebody you love and worry about and you balance that with your own hostility and anger as it begins to increase… I remember him looking at me and I said, ‘Listen, you know I love you but I am going to protect myself and the family.”

Since Cameron’s release from prison in 2016, Michael has enjoyed an increasingly close bond with his first-born son and appreciates the dedication and commitment Cameron has shown to turning his life around.

As for Michael, he’s grateful for the way things have ultimately turned out for Cameron. “I’m very proud of him, not only for the book but for the way he conducts his life,” he says. “He’s talking the talk and walking the walk.”

by Anonymousreply 1October 18, 2019 12:01 AM

He's very lucky he has a filthy rich father. He'd be living under a bridge otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 2October 18, 2019 12:06 AM

Cameron has been welcomed back into our family as a son by Michael, and as a much older step-child by me.

-Cathy

by Anonymousreply 3October 18, 2019 12:08 AM

I've always thought of Cameron as the much older brother I never had

by Anonymousreply 4October 18, 2019 12:15 AM

Catherine Zeta-Jones was a support system for him.

by Anonymousreply 5October 24, 2019 12:45 AM

No fucks left to give to celebrity children.

by Anonymousreply 6October 24, 2019 1:06 AM

No mention of the prison pay offs to keep the guys off his virgin hole? On the View he mentions being in solitary confinement, partially for his protection. I would like to know the tea on his time in prison.

by Anonymousreply 7October 24, 2019 1:07 AM

R7 cornhole’ing and extortion

by Anonymousreply 8October 24, 2019 1:13 AM

Other than his hideous tattoos that deface his body , Cameron Douglas looks surprisingly good, which is a testament to the resiliency of the human body. He's 40, but considering his drug abuse and addiction and nearly eight years in prison, his face looks no worse for the wear.

by Anonymousreply 9October 24, 2019 1:16 AM

I agree, R9. He's very handsome.

by Anonymousreply 10October 24, 2019 2:19 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!