Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Has anyone ever used a dietitian?

I'm fat. Not Chrissy fat, but if I keep going at the rate I am I probably will get there. There's so much information out there and I'm bamboozled. I like exercise, and can stick to that. But I'm a compulsive eater. I wonder, if I had a meal plan to stick to, would that help. Thoughts (and cunty comments) welcome.

by Anonymousreply 24October 28, 2019 9:59 PM

Nobody wants to reply to your dull troll post, OP. If your problem is compulsive eating, then you need a shrink and possibly temporary meds, not a nutritionist. Meal plans are all over the internet.

by Anonymousreply 1October 17, 2019 8:28 PM

Why do you think I'm trolling? And who blew cheeto dust up your cooter?

by Anonymousreply 2October 17, 2019 8:36 PM

A plant based diet took care of my weight gain. I'm 62 and have a BMI of 20.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

by Anonymousreply 3October 17, 2019 8:40 PM

Thank you R3

by Anonymousreply 4October 17, 2019 8:41 PM

you need to get to the root of your compulsive eating OP. The over eating is a symptom of something greater in you...I know, I feed my empty heart a lot.

by Anonymousreply 5October 17, 2019 9:31 PM

You don't need one to get meal plans. You need to keep the junk out of your pantry. Don't bring it in. Period. Keep eating, but stick to plain popcorn, celery, other crudités, and possibly try Fullbars. Stick to high fibre for satiety.

Medications help many folks, ask your doc.

by Anonymousreply 6October 17, 2019 9:50 PM

Eat food, not too much, mostly plants.

by Anonymousreply 7October 17, 2019 9:51 PM

My husband and I are on a low carb diet, it’s hard because we’re both foodies. You must have the next three meals along with snacks ALREADY prepared and read labels carefully. It’s mostly meat and veggie plates and unprocessed.

I saw results right away with his weight because he’s doing more cardio.

by Anonymousreply 8October 17, 2019 9:58 PM

I had to speak with a dietitian when I was undergoing chemotherapy and radiation. The reason was that the doctor wanted me to maintain my weight. However, I completely ignored the instructions I was given, since I refuse to make eating be complicated. Sadly, I actually gained weight during the treatment. I was hoping if nothing else that the treatment would take me down to my fighting weight.

by Anonymousreply 9October 17, 2019 10:03 PM

If you're in NYC or LA, I can recommend some excellent dietitians, OP.

by Anonymousreply 10October 17, 2019 10:16 PM

No sugar, nothing white like pasta and potatoes. No sugary fruit like grapes or bananas. Don't eat before bed.

by Anonymousreply 11October 17, 2019 10:57 PM

If Chrissy was a man you wouldn’t be obsessed with him and you know it. You’re pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 12October 17, 2019 11:50 PM

Years ago I saw an interview with Frank Sinatra. He said he had asked Luciano Pavorotti "Maestro, how do you accomplish a diminution of a note?" Pavarotti replied "Close your mouth".

Through the years I've come to appreciate what sage advice that is for many, many situations.

by Anonymousreply 13October 18, 2019 12:04 AM

If you have a smart phone, download an app like MyFitnessPal and start logging everything you eat and your exercise. When you hit 1500 calories, stop. (Actually, the app will give you a custom calorie allowance based on your stats and how much weight you want to lose.) Look at the weekly average rather than the daily figures... if you know you're going to be eating more one day, fast a bit before.

You can't exercise enough to pig out. A chocolate bar can be eaten in 5 minutes. That's a couple hours of exercise.

Also, if you want, you can use Metamucil... have a serving before every meal to help boost your willpower.

by Anonymousreply 14October 18, 2019 12:39 AM

Yes, OP, I have consulted with a Nutritionist. Most of her clients have diabetes, I think. I was only about 10% overweight. But I've kept the weight off for 10+ years now. I saw her maybe 2X. She did a body fat test on me. No "meal plans." It really helped and I would recommend it.

by Anonymousreply 15October 18, 2019 2:01 AM

R14 I heard an older lady once recommend Metamucil also. She had lost over thirty pounds, and was telling a young lady it helped her to feel full. It certainly couldn't hurt I should think.

by Anonymousreply 16October 18, 2019 2:05 AM

I lost my last 15lbs (to get to 'ideal' weight) with Metamucil. It's kinda like how people describe antidepressants, though. I get complacent and stop using it consistently. Success is taking it before every meal, it helps to backstop your willpower when going back for seconds. I've not been taking it for months now and I've gained back 10lbs going back for seconds lol.

I actually like the sugar-reduced orange flavor, too. It tastes like the McD's orange drink that you get at kids events.

by Anonymousreply 17October 18, 2019 2:24 AM

IMO, part of the Metamucil (or psyllium husk) fullness comes from just the plain water. You could probably drink a glass of water before eating and stave off some of the hunger.

by Anonymousreply 18October 18, 2019 2:26 AM

Nope... I drink tons of water before and during my meal, it's not the same. Solids (the psyllium gels) inhibit hunger in a way that liquids don't. I don't really notice either... It's just that I can resist the urge to overeat much more easily.

by Anonymousreply 19October 18, 2019 2:44 AM

Thanks for the feedback and advice everyone. I've made an appointment (and if I end up going) I'll let you know. I really appreciate you responding, and good luck to all who are trying their best to battle the bulge.

by Anonymousreply 20October 18, 2019 7:35 AM

Yes, let us know. I’m curious if he/she can help. I’ve been considering it, too.

by Anonymousreply 21October 18, 2019 7:52 PM

Hey, fatty! Did you ever see a dietician. What did she charge you to tell you that your problem is you're an unrepentant fat whore?

by Anonymousreply 22October 28, 2019 9:37 PM

Here's my little tip. *Start* by eating a little less, at each meal. If you like to eat 10 cookies, eat 6 instead. 2 helpings of potatoes, instead of 3. See what happens.

by Anonymousreply 23October 28, 2019 9:45 PM

Good luck OP. I have a good friend who is 'pre-diabetic' and advised her to see one.

by Anonymousreply 24October 28, 2019 9:59 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!