Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Tarzan Ron Ely Tragedy

At first, I thought it was Jai.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59March 31, 2020 4:48 AM

The wife looked like Joni Mitchell if Joni Mitchell were a flight attendant.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1October 16, 2019 11:36 PM

Me Tarzan, you Slain

by Anonymousreply 2October 16, 2019 11:37 PM

Poor Ron - his son stabbed his wife to death and then was killed by the police. Not how you want to end you days...

by Anonymousreply 3October 16, 2019 11:39 PM

Manly dimple.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4October 16, 2019 11:43 PM

[post redacted because independent.co.uk thinks that links to their ridiculous rag are a bad thing. Somebody might want to tell them how the internet works. Or not. We don't really care. They do suck though. Our advice is that you should not click on the link and whatever you do, don't read their truly terrible articles.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5October 16, 2019 11:46 PM

I had a crush of him running in his loincloth.

by Anonymousreply 6October 16, 2019 11:46 PM

Womp. Womp. Thoughts and prayers to a major Trump supporter

by Anonymousreply 7October 16, 2019 11:48 PM

Ron hosted a musical game show and used to display major VPL.

Oh, and too bad about his son and wife

by Anonymousreply 8October 16, 2019 11:51 PM

He’s a Trumper?

by Anonymousreply 9October 16, 2019 11:52 PM

Those are impressive nipples at R5.

by Anonymousreply 10October 17, 2019 12:22 AM

Sad story

by Anonymousreply 11October 17, 2019 12:36 AM

So you are really going to bring up he is a Trumper at this time? Did he and his family deserve this because he was a Trumper?

by Anonymousreply 12October 17, 2019 12:50 AM

R12 Well, yes.

by Anonymousreply 13October 17, 2019 1:03 AM

Wow. He sure didn't take after his dad.

I had the biggest Saturday afternoon crush on Ron when I was growing up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14October 17, 2019 1:06 AM

I live a couple of miles from Ron Ely, and he and his wife would often eat Sunday breakfast at this really great little greasy spoon cafe called the Rainbow Grill, just outside of Hope Ranch. My family and I often sat near or next to the Elys in the outdoor patio, and you never met two nicer people. We'd chat about local goings-on, and I think it was appreciated that we treated them as "normal folks." Another semi-regular Rainbow Grill Sunday morning patron was former NBC newsman Sander Vanocur, who himself died only a month or so ago. One day the Elys were seated on one side of us, and Sander Vanocur was on the other, and I was reminded once again why I'm glad I was born in Santa Barbara and never left. You don't have to turn on the TV to see celebrities.

Oh yeah, and even though he was a septuagenarian, Ron Ely still had a rockin' body and handsome face. I would have done him in a heartbeat. But, sadly, he appears to be totally straight…

by Anonymousreply 15October 17, 2019 1:25 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16October 17, 2019 2:08 AM

"So you are really going to bring up he is a Trumper at this time? Did he and his family deserve this because he was a Trumper?"

Rest assured naive waif @R12, there are plenty of MAGA's and Deplorables rejoicing over the death of anti-Trump "nigger" Elijah Cummings and claiming this was God's punishment for going against god/man Trump.

by Anonymousreply 17October 17, 2019 2:24 PM

^ And you want to wallow with them?

by Anonymousreply 18October 17, 2019 3:14 PM

GREAT nipples

by Anonymousreply 19October 17, 2019 3:18 PM

I thought Ron Ely was long dead. The link says he played Tarzan in the 60s. Wasn't it 30s and 40s?

by Anonymousreply 20October 17, 2019 3:25 PM

Ok I'm thinking of Johnny Weissmuller. Ron Ely is a poor man's JW.

by Anonymousreply 21October 17, 2019 3:27 PM

I know a family in which the son stabbed his father to death in a moment of rage. He is severely mentally ill and is now in a state hospital for the criminally insane and will likely never be released. Even with a lot of money it's difficult for a family to deal with a mentally ill family member. The family I know broke up and scattered, the mother remains a fragile mess. My sympathy goes to the survivors in Ron Ely's family.

by Anonymousreply 22October 17, 2019 3:37 PM

[quote]Womp. Womp. Thoughts and prayers to a major Trump supporter

Well, that makes it a little less tragic.

by Anonymousreply 23October 17, 2019 3:51 PM

Yuook

by Anonymousreply 24October 17, 2019 3:53 PM

"And you want to wallow with them?"

Might as well fight fire with fire. Turning the other cheek, as you suggest, only makes the Deplorables feel empowered and causes them to think Libtards are weak and stupid.

by Anonymousreply 25October 17, 2019 4:16 PM

The son exuded "douche."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26October 17, 2019 4:46 PM

[quote]Ron Ely is a poor man's Johnny Weissmuller.

He had a more handsome face, a better body and a sexier loincloth than Weissmuller.

by Anonymousreply 27October 17, 2019 4:51 PM

Cam was hot before he got fat.

by Anonymousreply 28October 17, 2019 5:22 PM

It gets worse as more details come out.

The son called 911 and said his father did it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29October 17, 2019 5:37 PM

The son has (had) gay lips.

by Anonymousreply 30October 17, 2019 5:42 PM

Oh shit this is sad. Getting old is terrifying:

When the dispatcher called back, it was answered by an elderly man with a “heavy speech impediment” — with the first deputy to arrive at the scene saying that the actor “can’t even talk” because of apparent disabilities, according to the recordings.

by Anonymousreply 31October 17, 2019 5:47 PM

R31 Or he could have just been in shock

by Anonymousreply 32October 17, 2019 5:57 PM

It's just been reported that Cameron Ely played football at Phillips Exeter and Harvard. This is getting really juicy!

by Anonymousreply 33October 17, 2019 6:07 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34October 17, 2019 8:46 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35October 17, 2019 8:48 PM

The house is a bit tragic too. Builty in 1979 and it shows. Decent yard size.

It has only been on the market for 28 days. Here's the Zillow listing with photos. No toilet aids to be seen, thankfully.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36October 17, 2019 8:58 PM

R34 --I can't find a picture of that toilet aid anywhere. Can you please describe it or tell us what it is? I can't imagine.

Thank you.

by Anonymousreply 37October 17, 2019 9:13 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38October 17, 2019 9:32 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39October 17, 2019 9:34 PM

Thank you, R38. Wouldn't the hospital have one of those already in stock? Seems odd.

by Anonymousreply 40October 18, 2019 12:35 AM

You are so welcome and yes, it really does r40 / r37. This whole fucking thing seems odd. Can't wait for more details.

by Anonymousreply 41October 18, 2019 1:42 AM

Jump ahead 20-30 years and Chris Pratt's kid will do something similar.

by Anonymousreply 42October 18, 2019 4:01 AM

Did Cheetah's secretary issue a statement?

by Anonymousreply 43October 18, 2019 4:08 AM

The only way to tie this all up with an acceptable bow is to have Ron on next season’s Dancing With The Stars.

by Anonymousreply 44October 18, 2019 4:13 AM

by Anonymousreply 45October 18, 2019 5:00 AM

Holy cow, those daughters are perfectly hideous. Yeah, Cameron fell far short of his father int he looks department, but those daughters are terrifyingly ugly.

by Anonymousreply 46October 18, 2019 5:34 PM

R35 Woof!

by Anonymousreply 47October 18, 2019 5:44 PM

What happened to Cameron Ely? Quarterback at Philips Exeter Academy where he graduated with a 4.0 average. Member of Harvard class of 2012 where he also played football. At the time of the murder he was living with his parents and working as a security guard. Seems a bit baffling. Was he suffering from Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy --CTE--from football/concussions? Or was he "merely" psychotic?

by Anonymousreply 48October 18, 2019 5:57 PM

That’s not a bad guess, r48. Drugs, too. Or some kind of schizophrenia.

The photos of the house make me sad. It’s such an old-people house.

by Anonymousreply 49October 18, 2019 7:22 PM

R8, thanks. I thought he was a game show host, but thought maybe I was mistaken.

He must be completely broken by this.

by Anonymousreply 50October 18, 2019 7:54 PM

Wonder Woman and Tarzan would have had beautiful babies!

Lynda is shown here about to demonstrate her Amazonian ability to deep throat Ron’s gigantic cock!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51October 18, 2019 8:24 PM

R2 couldn't be more of a DLer.

by Anonymousreply 52October 18, 2019 8:25 PM

Any updates in this case?

by Anonymousreply 53December 13, 2019 2:49 AM

First, would anyone comment how new threads pop up on my account with dozens of hundreds of comments already on them?

I'll make clear that any serious act of violence against any human being is wrong except in legitimate self-defense.

However, what do you believe shall occur when a man who was traumatized as a youth and may have an undiagnosed mental disorder is repeatedly exposed to abuse by one or two parents who are President Trump supporters? Any good psychoanalyst or psychiatrist can hypothesize a potential outcome.

Anyone who cannot separate emotions from objectivity is doomed to a prison I can't describe.

by Anonymousreply 54December 13, 2019 3:02 AM

R54, where's the evidence he was abused?

by Anonymousreply 55December 13, 2019 3:23 PM

Ron did it and blamed his kid who was shot by the cops, who covered it up.

Now he conveniently has dementia which makes everyone think he's innocent

But he's guilty and he's a homophobe., who petitioned Fox to fire Clifton Webb

by Anonymousreply 56December 13, 2019 6:52 PM

r56 watches too much Father Brown

by Anonymousreply 57December 13, 2019 6:57 PM

Have their been any updates in this case?

by Anonymousreply 58March 31, 2020 4:45 AM

That was a cover up and Ron is a homophobe.

by Anonymousreply 59March 31, 2020 4:48 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!