Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Will Nicole be nominated in supporting for BOMBSHELL?

What about Margot Robbie? This movie seems like it’s Charlize’s vehicle.

by Anonymousreply 11October 18, 2019 5:25 AM

The early reviews single out Charlize and Margot more than Kidman.

by Anonymousreply 1October 16, 2019 4:12 PM

Kidman is SO WRONG for the part of Gretchen Carlson

by Anonymousreply 2October 16, 2019 4:20 PM

I thought she was good in the trailer.

by Anonymousreply 3October 16, 2019 4:28 PM

It’s heavy on the Oscar-bait formula. Hire a whole bunch of previous award winning creative and talent staff to do a slightly spiced biopic of a real life event/person

by Anonymousreply 4October 16, 2019 7:48 PM

Trailer

by Anonymousreply 5October 16, 2019 7:49 PM

Oops

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6October 16, 2019 7:49 PM

R2 I disagree. I've never cared for the wholly overrated Kidman but she seems to be a similar type to Carlson. Cold, icy somewhat neurotic Type A's. Not particularly likeable. As for the physical resemblance ,it's close enough.

by Anonymousreply 7October 16, 2019 11:42 PM

I'm slightly curious about this film but I suspect that in light of the me too era the filmmakers will feel the need to depict the fox news bimbettes as heroes. I find that the American press and media has an obsession with turning every upper middle class white woman, no matter how repellent her personality, into a put upon and noble victim . They certainly had no problem pushing Ailes fascist propaganda but they became media heroines when they turned on their head pig.

Unusual for a film to be released so soon after a scandal. Usually a few years pass first.

by Anonymousreply 8October 16, 2019 11:57 PM

I mean usually quite a few years pass first.

by Anonymousreply 9October 17, 2019 12:01 AM

There are no reviews posted yet on RT

by Anonymousreply 10October 17, 2019 12:04 AM

I'll admit the latest trailer is interesting in a soapy sort of way. The first teaser with them standing in an elevator exchanging glances stunk. I don't understand the point of these 30 second trailers where nothing happens. Just wait to release a proper trailer or don't bother.

by Anonymousreply 11October 18, 2019 5:25 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!