Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Is it a waste of time to workout few hours every day ?

Please advise

by Anonymousreply 16October 16, 2019 8:54 AM

EVERY day? I would say, yes.

by Anonymousreply 1October 16, 2019 6:25 AM

No it's great.

by Anonymousreply 2October 16, 2019 6:27 AM

The fat will return when you stop.

by Anonymousreply 3October 16, 2019 6:30 AM

It guarantees you’ll get a worship thread on Datalounge, especially if your Instagram selfies don’t include your purse in them, OP.

by Anonymousreply 4October 16, 2019 6:38 AM

If you're engaging in sport, riding a bike, walking, and doing activities you enjoy, no not a waste at all. If you spend hours each day at the gym it is. Most trainers say it's good to have at least two days off per week. If you have several or more stone to lose you may need an intensive programme to get started. A few hours each day still seems like overkill. Are you overweight and looking to lose a bunch, or just get fit OP?

by Anonymousreply 5October 16, 2019 6:51 AM

Lose a bunch.

by Anonymousreply 6October 16, 2019 6:54 AM

Five days a week is about right for working out at the gym. Though the other two days having some form of exercise would be an added benefit, such as walking, riding a bike, or perhaps a few yoga moves. If you can afford it, having a personal trainer (check for references) is helpful and required if you're just starting out.

by Anonymousreply 7October 16, 2019 7:20 AM

no........it will promote longevity. Fat wont return if you stop tho. Recent studies have indicated that its not the combo of careful diet and exercise that keeps you thin......its simply calorie intake. Its the only was to drop weight is to eat less or way less.

by Anonymousreply 8October 16, 2019 7:44 AM

I work out 3 to 4 days a week, sometimes 5 if work isn’t a drag. Does the trick.

by Anonymousreply 9October 16, 2019 7:50 AM

R6 What's your trouble bubble? Losing a bunch of weight is exactly what my American trainer says. This is opposite to getting in shape and bulking up. Not everyone going to work put needs to lose. Gibberish, schmibberish. How would you prefer we put it here?

by Anonymousreply 10October 16, 2019 7:50 AM

^ work out

by Anonymousreply 11October 16, 2019 7:52 AM

R10 Don't listen to illiterate Americans. A 'bunch' is a collective noun but it's meaningless if you don't specify the noun. It might make some sense if you say a 'bunch of pounds' but it's much more meaningful if you specify 10 pounds or 20 pounds or whatever.

by Anonymousreply 12October 16, 2019 8:06 AM

For 'a few hours' is almost certainly excessive unless you are a professional bodybuilder or something like that. You will end up overtraining and injure yourself. I personally think a workout of around an hour is enough - more than that, and it's likely you are not really pushing yourself/the intensity isn't there to really progress, or you're wasting time checking your phone etc.

You also don't mention your goals and your current body and what exercises you're doing so all of that is important to know.

by Anonymousreply 13October 16, 2019 8:26 AM

R12 A bunch of weight is implied by the context. It's perfectly mutually intelligible. It's an American colloquialism. You Americans can be quite particular with your prefferred parlance, though you're brilliant at butchering our language, so don't even start when I try emulate you. The DL isn't an online University, nor is it [italic] My Fair Lady [/italic], or [italic] Pygmalion [/italic]. I speak well enough, and taught ESL for several years. If I'm not quite up to snuff for your cunty standards, it's probably too late, as I'm now retired. Bugger off Eliza Doolittle, unless you have something of value to contribute here about workout regimens.

by Anonymousreply 14October 16, 2019 8:41 AM

A few hours sounds like you are a fanatic. All things in moderation is a better idea, no need to wear out your body.

by Anonymousreply 15October 16, 2019 8:49 AM

OP Forty-Five minutes to an hour three or four days per week is a good start. Then add additional days as you progress, up to five per week. You should give us the details OP. You'll require more cardio to lose, less cardio and more strength/weight training to bulk up.

by Anonymousreply 16October 16, 2019 8:54 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!