Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Property where John Wayne Gacy killed most of his victims is on the market

DL catnip for the sicko serial killer and real estate fans!

The house built on the land where John Wayne Gacy’s home once sat, and where the serial killer murdered and buried most of his victims, is on the market.

Located just east of O’Hare Airport, the three-bed, two-bathroom house is priced at $459,000. It was built after Gacy’s brick ranch was torn down in 1979 as investigators searched for bodies. In 1986, once the new home was built, its address changed from 8213 W. Summerdale Ave. to 8215, in unincorporated Norwood Park Township.

The last time the 2,500 square-foot home was sold was in 2004 for $300,000.

Within hours of Gacy’s arrest in December of 1978, investigators began to find bodies buried in his crawlspace.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27May 31, 2021 5:43 AM

OP mishandled thread subject. It should read: TASTEFUL FRIENDS at the beginning and have pictures of the interior decoration.

by Anonymousreply 1October 15, 2019 10:25 PM

Tasteful Serial Killer Fans?

by Anonymousreply 2October 15, 2019 10:30 PM

Nope. Needs to be torn down.

by Anonymousreply 3October 15, 2019 10:36 PM

Again, r3? Why? It’s not the same dwelling where the murders took place.

by Anonymousreply 4October 15, 2019 10:39 PM

There might be a few bones left under there and maybe some restless ghosts haunting the place. Bad vibes. I couldn’t live there.

by Anonymousreply 5October 15, 2019 10:43 PM

Maybe John Waters will buy it to put his refrigerator in.

by Anonymousreply 6October 15, 2019 10:56 PM

HGTV needs to buy this place immediately, tear it down and rebuild the original structure as part of a 5 episode arc.

The lead hosts should be the creepy brother sister act, the Fords.

by Anonymousreply 7October 16, 2019 12:03 AM

Total PR. Zak Bagans of Ghost Adventures has already bought it. He did a special last week where he held Gacy's brain and "investigated" the house. He bought the brain so now he'll buy the house. He already bought the LaBianca house in LA.

by Anonymousreply 8October 16, 2019 12:38 AM

I worked a couple blocks from there, and we watched them tear down the house and search the lot. They turned that lot into a giant hole and filled it back up again with fresh dirt. I doubt if you could fill a bucket with dirt left from the Gacy era.

by Anonymousreply 9October 16, 2019 12:45 AM

I wonder if Gacy had a big thick daddy dick...

by Anonymousreply 10October 16, 2019 1:53 AM

Did he really kill all those boys?

by Anonymousreply 11October 16, 2019 2:10 AM

No, some of them surely just crawled underneath his house, dug a grave for themselves, and dropped dead in it.

by Anonymousreply 12October 16, 2019 2:13 AM

Wait, what? Someone bought Gacy’s brain? Please explain.

by Anonymousreply 13October 17, 2019 3:45 AM

HGTV should buy it and have Eve Plumb restore it. That sour, "stick up my ass," look would be perfect for the mood as she describes each burial place of a victim.

by Anonymousreply 14October 17, 2019 4:09 AM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 15May 30, 2021 4:00 AM

What kind of insane cunts wants to live in a place that is a beacon for ghoulish serial killer fans who ae going to go up and take photos of hour house? Germany paved over Hitler's bunker in Berlin and turned it into a car park but many people still visit the site. People are nuts.

by Anonymousreply 16May 30, 2021 4:09 AM

Why wasn't it torn down?

by Anonymousreply 17May 30, 2021 4:11 AM

Does anyone have a link to the real estate pictures of the inside?

by Anonymousreply 18May 30, 2021 4:34 AM

I’d love to turn it into a Bed and Breakfast.

by Anonymousreply 19May 30, 2021 4:43 AM

Pass.

by Anonymousreply 20May 30, 2021 4:59 AM

R12 is why I love DL, 🤣

by Anonymousreply 21May 30, 2021 5:04 AM

Bad juju! Nope!!

by Anonymousreply 22May 30, 2021 5:15 AM

Clown ghosts are fucking scary.

by Anonymousreply 23May 30, 2021 5:31 AM

I read years ago that not one blade of grass ever grew there again after the bodies were discovered and removed. Whatever the truth, I do not see how that place could not be haunted. At the very least it would feel very heavy, dark. Never. Too sad.

by Anonymousreply 24May 30, 2021 6:15 AM

I don't think I would worry about ghosts living there. I would be sending all the guys my loving vibes and try to get them to rest in peace.

by Anonymousreply 25May 30, 2021 6:08 PM

R25 brings up a good point. There was a particularly terrible multiple murder of young people having an after grad party in my city. The house this occurred in was a rental. Someone bought it with the intention of honoring the victims and healing the energy of the place. I thought that was really a lovely thing to do.

by Anonymousreply 26May 31, 2021 5:30 AM

R26, I agree. The world needs more healing. Having said that, the people who should speak into how that house and land are handled are the victims/families.

I lived on Summerdale about 20 years ago, but on the west side of Cumberland. I drove to the address a few times, it is truly much more horrifying than you could imagine. It’s tricky to explain, but it was a very unusually private/isolated culdesac, particularly for that area of the city. You turn into a subdivision, and turn back in so his house was close to a very busy street, but was set back far enough to ensure “privacy”. Just seeing how he leveraged his geographical advantage to trick young boys is literally beyond disturbing because it reveals the level of forethought, strategy, and logistics. Also, I dated a son of one of Gacy’s arresting detectives, so I have lots of stories from that era, but the father never shared much on Gacy, I think it was too difficult for him to talk about 15 years+ later.

by Anonymousreply 27May 31, 2021 5:43 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!