Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Do Orthodox Jews really have sex through a hole in a sheet?

Please clear up this mystery

by Anonymousreply 76October 27, 2019 4:07 PM

Yes, and the sheet is passed down to the the eldest daughter upon her marriage.

by Anonymousreply 1October 15, 2019 2:54 PM

Do they suck cock through the sheet too?

by Anonymousreply 2October 15, 2019 2:57 PM

More ignorant stupidity about Jews.

by Anonymousreply 3October 15, 2019 2:57 PM

So it’s not true?

by Anonymousreply 4October 15, 2019 2:58 PM

Yes, but they never cut the hole in any sheet with more than a 200 thread count.

And certainly NOT one of Egyptian cotton!

Just Eeww.

by Anonymousreply 5October 15, 2019 3:19 PM

I thought it was just the first time,no? They have to do that every time? I’m sure most do not.

by Anonymousreply 6October 15, 2019 3:50 PM

R3,

I don’t think this thread is bigotry against Jews. I have a ton of jewish friends and the all think the Orthodox Jews are nut jobs. They’re likely correct.

by Anonymousreply 7October 15, 2019 3:59 PM

Am not jeweesh, vut dis only way I’m agreeing have fuckink vis husboond.

by Anonymousreply 8October 15, 2019 4:04 PM

Centuries ago there were segments within orthodoxy that did this on their wedding night. Some used handcuffs and ankle irons while being stretched on a conventional rack of nails, especially in Spain. It was all meant to reduce the pleasures of sex. It was also their means of birth control, which was very successful as this sect died out quite some centuries ago. The closest any of the remaining hasidim Jews may use blindfolds and tasers to keep the night interesting.

by Anonymousreply 9October 15, 2019 5:03 PM

So they mutilate the sheets too?

by Anonymousreply 10October 15, 2019 5:58 PM

I think it’s only for the fir at sexual encounter after marriage

by Anonymousreply 11October 15, 2019 7:05 PM

[quote] Centuries ago there were segments within orthodoxy that did this on their wedding night. Some used handcuffs and ankle irons while being stretched on a conventional rack of nails, especially in Spain. It was all meant to reduce the pleasures of sex.

I would think having a fat, sweaty, unwashed and hygenically challenged orthodox pounding away on top of you would do that all on its own.

by Anonymousreply 12October 15, 2019 7:08 PM

The Holey Sheet of Antioch

by Anonymousreply 13October 15, 2019 7:18 PM

r11, no, it's used with every sexual encounter....it's also tied in with the use of wigs, but I'm not sure exactly how.

by Anonymousreply 14October 15, 2019 9:09 PM

Not a GOOD sheet.

by Anonymousreply 15October 15, 2019 9:20 PM

Why do Orthodox women cover their heads with wigs that look exactly like their real hair?

by Anonymousreply 16October 15, 2019 9:34 PM

Because seeing their real hair will drive men wild!

by Anonymousreply 17October 15, 2019 9:35 PM

R16 I think we've discussed this, haven't we? To recap, frum (observant, pious) women do not expose their uncovered heads to anyone other than their husbands. Some may cover their heads at all times with a hat or scarf. Others, to both remain frum and downplay their piousness (which being obviously pious is in fact, not pious) use a wig.

by Anonymousreply 18October 15, 2019 9:48 PM

Just like in conservative Islam where women are made to cover their hair. In more right wing Islam, they have have to cover their entirely bodies.

All Middle East bs

by Anonymousreply 19October 15, 2019 9:58 PM

[quote]frum (observant, pious) women do not expose their uncovered heads to anyone other than their husbands.

Why?

by Anonymousreply 20October 15, 2019 10:26 PM

It may turn other men on.

As usual, it’s the woman’s fault if she turns someone else on. Men apparently are allowed to do anything women’s beauty force them to

by Anonymousreply 21October 15, 2019 11:05 PM

R20 In Judaism, women’s head coverings are called “sheitels”. The origin may be in the Sotah ritual (Numbers 5:18) that tests a woman’s fidelity. An accused woman would have her hair publicly unbraided by a priest. From this, the religious observance of covering the head was created.

In Talmud, we have more support that appearing in public with the head uncovered, talking to strange men are grounds for divorce.

There is nothing in the recognized 613 commandments regarding covering the head, but it’s is considered obedience to strictures of modesty. In a sense, this is a form of gender parity that both sexes cover their heads when praying or reading Torah. This is controversial as it places women as equal to men.

by Anonymousreply 22October 15, 2019 11:06 PM

To follow up on R22

In the Torah (Old Testament) it says "you should not eat a calf cooked in its mother's milk"

Orthodox rabbis have interpreted this as meaning you should not mix meat and milk ever, because you can't be sure that the cheese did not come from the dead cow's mother.

As for how that also became a prohibition on chicken parm sandwiches, they expanded thee definition of "cow" to include "meat" and then "all meat" and chicken (and all poultry) are thus considered "meat" and cannot be consumed with any dairy products.

by Anonymousreply 23October 15, 2019 11:12 PM

And R3, I first heard the hole-in-the-sheet story from other, more secular Jews when I was a kid.

In both the US and Israel the Orthodox and less-Orthodox do not get along--Netanyahu's alliance with the Orthodox is what brought down his government, because the Russian immigrants, while fairly right wing, despised the "Blacks" (that's what they call the Orthodox) more than the liberals

by Anonymousreply 24October 15, 2019 11:15 PM

R23 Maimonides was silent about a woman wearing a calf on her head, cooked or not.

by Anonymousreply 25October 15, 2019 11:16 PM

Man, religion sure is Fuuuuucked up! Especially if you are a woman.

by Anonymousreply 26October 15, 2019 11:17 PM

OTOH, given that the fecundity of the Orthodox, who seem to average 8 or 9 children a family, makes old school Irish Catholics seem like slackers, sex does not seem to be a problem.

by Anonymousreply 27October 15, 2019 11:19 PM

is it true the Orthodox have many children to make up for Holocaust loses?

by Anonymousreply 28October 15, 2019 11:24 PM

That is one theory R28

My Israeli friends will say that it's because their cults have a high rate of attrition and because their rebbes realized that more numbers give them more power as they vote as a block.

True story (you can Google it) -- David Ben Gurion, the first PM of Israel, had assumed that the Orthodox would die out within a generation--he and other Israelis of his era thought they were remnants of an outdated civilization that had lost its appeal, especially in modern Israel. That's why they allowed them to be exempt from the army, because they did not expect them to be around for very long.

by Anonymousreply 29October 15, 2019 11:31 PM

These replies are hilarious.

But, to answer OPs question, NO!

No sect of Orthodox Judaism has sex through a sheet. In fact, sex is not treated dirty or sinful in Judaism; that is why Rabbis can get married, and why jew in shabbat is encouraged.

The whole in sheets rumor probably started when people saw Jews hanging up their table cloths to dry; these have a hole in them for the shabbat candle holder.

by Anonymousreply 30October 15, 2019 11:31 PM

Thanks, r30. I still think it's outrageous that Ultra-Orthodox Jews build illegal settlements, and then expect more secular Jews to fight to defend them.

I fully support Israel's right to exist and defend itself but as Susan Collins would say: 'I am concerned'.

by Anonymousreply 31October 15, 2019 11:41 PM

Mexicans do/did that too. Did anybody see the sheet the couple used in "Like Water for Chocolate" I noticed it the second time watching. The first I was enthralled by hunky Marco, Leonardo's naked body.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32October 15, 2019 11:44 PM

R31 Gentle reader, may I present to you “Texas”

by Anonymousreply 33October 15, 2019 11:44 PM

It's actually not the ultra-Orthodox who do that R31-- most of the Haredi (Hasidic) sects are not strong Zionists and a few are actually anti-ZIonist because they believe that only the Messiah can reestablish the state of Israel.

The settlers are mostly Modern Orthodox and many are US-born and (surprise) have dual citizenship in case, you know, things get tough.

I have heard my Israeli friends refer to them as "Brooklynim" as many seem to come from the non-gentrified parts of that borough

by Anonymousreply 34October 15, 2019 11:47 PM

In Rockland County New York, the Orthodox (whose kids go to Yeshivas) took over the school board. In the name of saving taxpayers money, cut back every program for the Gentiles. It got so bad, the state now oversees the district. It's actions like this that created the "pushy Jew" stereotype.

by Anonymousreply 35October 16, 2019 1:11 AM

R35 By “took over” was by election, coup or insurrection?

by Anonymousreply 36October 16, 2019 1:47 AM

Interesting, R34, thank you. But Ultra-Orthodox still have millitary exemptions if they are in a religious school, if I'm correct.

Also, what's the difference between the various Jewish sects? And are they considered a race? Most of them look white to me.

by Anonymousreply 37October 16, 2019 11:55 PM

They don't r16. By that I mean the real hair look. They are supposed to look "wiggy". Why? I don't get it, and my non orthodox sister in law doesn't get it either. I don't even want to know about the fucking hole. Or should that be "fucking hole"?

by Anonymousreply 38October 17, 2019 2:26 AM

Ben Shapiros wife insists on it.

by Anonymousreply 39October 17, 2019 2:38 AM

R31, R37, et. al. sounds like a troll, albeit a better-than-average one.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40October 17, 2019 7:52 AM

[quote]are they considered a race? Most of them look white to me.

Ashkenazi is its own ethnicity on 23&Me.

by Anonymousreply 41October 18, 2019 2:16 AM

R36 By election. Majority of voters in the town are Orthodox.

by Anonymousreply 42October 18, 2019 10:12 AM

R41, if you have enough people with similar genes send in their DNA to 23 and me, you become an ethnicity

by Anonymousreply 43October 18, 2019 3:12 PM

R42 if a majority of voters are the Orthodox, it’s still democratic process. But, if they’re redirecting public funds to private, faith-restricted schools that should be referred for investigation by NY Attorney General. There’s an Office of Civil Rights that takes lead when discrimination occurs.

by Anonymousreply 44October 19, 2019 4:05 AM

Trump supporters have sex through a sheet, too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45October 19, 2019 5:04 AM

The wives shave their heads and wear wigs. It’s just bizarre. Every husband I’ve met that practices this nonsense is on antidepressants.

by Anonymousreply 46October 19, 2019 5:08 AM

That's correct, r43, and recent DNA research has debunked outdated beliefs about there being 3 distinct races. Ashkenazi are their own distinct genetic group, no matter what we're calling it nowadays.

by Anonymousreply 47October 25, 2019 4:03 PM

Orthodox sects are beyond problematic and it needs to be addressed. The abuse of women and sexual molestation of children first and foremost!

by Anonymousreply 48October 25, 2019 4:08 PM

I don't know about about the sheet thing but years ago I did a temp assignment for an Orthodox Jewish company (Lakewood, NJ, the Jerseyans will know what I'm talking about..) and I wasn't allowed to keep my lunch in the same refrigerator with their food. I got one of those little igloo playmate coolers for my food and still have it to this day. Additionally, no one spoke to me apart from giving me my work assignments but on the plus side since there was no socializing I got my work done quickly and was able to leave whenever I finished the day's work.

by Anonymousreply 49October 25, 2019 4:18 PM

[quote] if a majority of voters are the Orthodox, it’s still democratic process. But, if they’re redirecting public funds to private, faith-restricted schools that should be referred for investigation by NY Attorney General.

They have done lots of shady stuff with public money. Only the latest being the building of a state-of-the-art birthing center, which apparently only lets orthodox women use it,

The NY Attorney General has focused on this area for a long while now

by Anonymousreply 50October 25, 2019 4:19 PM

[quote] I wasn't allowed to keep my lunch in the same refrigerator with their food. I got one of those little igloo playmate coolers for my food and still have it to this day. Additionally, no one spoke to me apart from giving me my work assignments

The orthodox eat kosher food which cannot be "tainted" by nonkosher food nearby.

Hassids especially are raised to interact only minimally without outside people. It's hard in places like NYC when you are doing business with different types of people, but they separate themselves as much as they can. Women cannot shake the hands of non-orthodox men.

by Anonymousreply 51October 25, 2019 4:21 PM

[quote]OTOH, given that the fecundity of the Orthodox, who seem to average 8 or 9 children a family, makes old school Irish Catholics seem like slackers, sex does not seem to be a problem.

After having to tend to 8-9 children every day, we're just too tired to say no. We got off our feet and lay on our backs and take a nap while our men do their necessaries. After our nap, we log on to the interwebs and laugh about comments on a website called datalounge.

by Anonymousreply 52October 25, 2019 4:25 PM

Yes, or so I'm told.

by Anonymousreply 53October 25, 2019 4:26 PM

R52 Liar, not allowed to use the computer.

by Anonymousreply 54October 25, 2019 4:49 PM

Ivanka is Modern Orthodox. Why does she not dress frum? Instead she bares her arms, shows her knees, and wears tight tops that accentuate her huge bags of saline.

Also, she has ONLY 3 children. She should be pregnant every year.

She is a shame on the Orthodox community and should be severely censured.

by Anonymousreply 55October 25, 2019 5:11 PM

[quote]Ivanka is Modern Orthodox. Why does she not dress frum?

She's a shiksa convert.

by Anonymousreply 56October 25, 2019 5:14 PM

Oy Vey!

by Anonymousreply 57October 25, 2019 5:16 PM

I've never heard that the wig is SUPPOSED to look "wiggy." Wigs are expensive, and the better the wig, the more it costs. I know some rich Orthodox women who have beautiful wigs that fool almost everyone; I know of poorer Orthodox women who have cheap terrible wigs.

by Anonymousreply 58October 25, 2019 5:20 PM

R56 I am a doctor who works with Orthodox and Black Hats. I find that converts are the most frum, as they have to make up for lost time.

Ivanka is an aberration amongst converts.

by Anonymousreply 59October 25, 2019 5:22 PM

Why do they shave their heads, though? Is it a hygiene thing or to be physically unappealing in more intimate settings, or what?

by Anonymousreply 60October 25, 2019 5:22 PM

If Orthodox women shave their heads, it may be to facilitate the comfort of the wigs. Wigs are hot and heavy.

by Anonymousreply 61October 25, 2019 5:30 PM

[quote] Also, what's the difference between the various Jewish sects? And are they considered a race? Most of them look white to me.

The same differences as exist between the Baptists and Methodists and Church of Christ in the US. There is a longer story about historical trends like the Enlightenment that had Central and Eastern European Jews turning away from strict Orthodoxy in the late 1800s, and the post-Shoah rebirth of Hassidism, mostly via "converts", e.g., "born again Jews" who were not raised Hasidic but discovered religion and joined up.

There are racial differences between the European Ashkenazi Jews and the Middle Eastern Mizrachi Jews, but that's largely due to intermarriage/rape during pogroms, than to religious beliefs.

The Hasids are particularly problematic on airplanes where the men don't want to sit next to female passengers. El Al (Israel's national airline) flight attendants generally have zero patience for them in that blunt Israeli manner. ("What? You think you are so sexy this woman won't be able to control herself?" or "Then go on another flight. I'm busy.")

by Anonymousreply 62October 25, 2019 5:33 PM

^^If you've been following the news from Israel, this is why Netanyahu can't form a government-- the party that represents the right wing Russian Jews is so disgusted by the Hasidim they'd rather see Netanyahu go down in flames than agree to share power with them.

And as to where they get their money from, same as the extreme Christian sects--wealthy businessmen who got rich by being shady having guilt over their afterlife and thinking that if they give some (equally sleazy) rabbi huge gifts, it will somehow make up for all the evil they've done over the years.

by Anonymousreply 63October 25, 2019 5:38 PM

[quote]Wigs are hot and heavy.

Maybe they should look into a weave?

by Anonymousreply 64October 25, 2019 5:38 PM

Why bother with the sheet? Just make a home gloryhole.

by Anonymousreply 65October 25, 2019 5:40 PM

Any hot frum cock existing?

by Anonymousreply 66October 25, 2019 5:43 PM

Yes R66. Go to Frumcock4ever.org

by Anonymousreply 67October 25, 2019 10:09 PM

[quote] Maybe they should look into a weave?

No. Whatever they wear on their head has to cover all the natural hair--no hair can be showing. That wouldn't happen with a weave.

by Anonymousreply 68October 26, 2019 5:17 AM

Not to single out the Orthodox - I’m an equal opportunity ditainer - but the older I get the more I feel religious people are just idiots. Raised Catholic, got over it.

by Anonymousreply 69October 26, 2019 5:32 AM

^^And I have distain for myself and my poor spelling abilities. Maybe God is punishing me.

by Anonymousreply 70October 26, 2019 6:10 AM

I just left a job wherein the boss and several employees were orthodox, and I couldn't get out of there fast enough. Any extremely religious zealot is just nuts, I don't care what denomination or religion. They are all misogynist and cult-like. Have fun wearing those wigs at the beach Shonnie, Esther, and Rachel!

by Anonymousreply 71October 26, 2019 6:28 AM

The Old Testament reads like a satanic history book, with people being fooled.

To me, all abrahamic religions (Judaism, Islam and Christianity) are essentially satanic in their practices..

Ritual animal and human sacrifices? Sacrificing "pure" people, like Jesus, for the gain of others? Mutilating children’s genitalia? Making "deals" with "god"?

by Anonymousreply 72October 26, 2019 8:13 AM

R2 no but the ultra Orthodox Jews mohel sucks the blood from the infants penis after circumcision which has killed infants by transferring the herpes virus to it. And in a crazy way that’s still practiced.

by Anonymousreply 73October 26, 2019 8:17 AM

R56 Ivanka is jewish like a sausage pizza, extra cheese.

by Anonymousreply 74October 27, 2019 12:10 AM

[quote]Liar, not allowed to use the computer.

They're Orthodox, not Amish. Every Ultra Orthodox coworker I have is a cellphone addict. The ladies especially love texting all day. None of them shave their heads, either.

by Anonymousreply 75October 27, 2019 1:10 PM

re: what I was saying about secular Israelis, even right wing ones, having zero patience for the Orthodox -- see attached link.

For context, Israel Hayom is a right-wing paper funded by Sheldon Adelson, so the Israeli version of Fox News. And they still attacked the reporter and it's front page news.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76October 27, 2019 4:07 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!