Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Why did Clint Eastwood get away with ruining Sondra Locke?!

Discuss

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34October 16, 2019 8:14 PM

Weird, I was just thinking about this. He really did treat her like crap.

by Anonymousreply 1October 15, 2019 7:09 AM

Wasn't she fortyish when they broke up?

Because it's totally normal for actresses to find their careers vaporizing around age forty.

by Anonymousreply 2October 15, 2019 7:10 AM

Mmmm, but she just came home to their house one day and the locks were changed.

It wasn't only about her career.

by Anonymousreply 3October 15, 2019 7:11 AM

She had quit acting and was directing films when she broke up with Clint.

by Anonymousreply 4October 15, 2019 7:18 AM

Eastwood is and always has been an asshole. Unless Locke was a complete idiot, she knew what she was signing up for when she got involved with Eastwood. She claimed Eastwood wanted threesomes with her. She voluntarily went along with his requests. She claimed Eastwood forced her to have abortions. She could have had one of the babies and sued Eastwood for child support. I despise Eastwood as much as I despise Donald Trump, but Locke allowed Eastwood to abuse her.

by Anonymousreply 5October 15, 2019 7:20 AM

R5 Love is blind (and make people stupid). Sondra really loved him.

She believed Clint when he told her they will be together forever.

by Anonymousreply 6October 15, 2019 7:26 AM

Clint convinced her to have abortions many times and finally tube ligation. All of this while he was having babies with his mistress behind her back.

by Anonymousreply 7October 15, 2019 7:29 AM

For a man with such an indiscriminate attitude to fatherhood, Eastwood didn't show any desire to start a family with Sondra Locke. In 1978, before Eastwood's divorce from Maggie, Locke fell pregnant by him. Eastwood told her the time was not right for children and persuaded her to have an abortion. A year later, she became pregnant again, and again Eastwood pressurised her to have an abortion, which she did. Eventually, Sondra Locke was sterilised.

In 1986, Jacelyn Reeves, a former air hostess and a long-time member of Eastwood's `stable' of women, presented him with a son called Scott. Later, she had a second child by Eastwood, a daughter called Kathy.

In all, their relationship lasted 10 years, though Eastwood had cooled on it long before that. When Eastwood finally decided to split with Locke, he fell back on his usual pattern. He didn't actually tell her it was over, he simply began to pay less attention to her and more to other women as publicly as possible.

In one final, ignominious act, while Sondra was away filming, Eastwood had the locks on a Bel Air house house he had gifted to Sondra years before changed, and had underlings pack her personal belongings into boxes and leave them in the driveway for when she returned.

In 1996, after a bout with cancer, a mastectomy and years of tortuous legal battles, Sondra Locke finally won an undisclosed settlement from Eastwood. The ugly split left his already tarnished image even more battered.

by Anonymousreply 8October 15, 2019 7:40 AM

Eastwood is a cad. He carried on numerous affairs while married to his first wife, Maggie. One of them was with Jane Cameron Agee, who was then married to James Brolin. She got pregnant, so Eastwood sent her down to Mexico to get an abortion.

While filming Paint Your Wagon, he began an affair with his leading lady, Jean Seberg, who naively thought that this was serious. She left her husband, Romain Gary, foolishly thinking that Eastwood would leave Maggie for her. He wouldn't, and he shunned her completely when production wrapped. Devastates, Seberg lamented, "I misjudged him. It's disheartening to find out people aren't sincere."

So, despite the long relationship, Sondra was just another woman in a long line of them who had been conned by that smooth-talking rat.

by Anonymousreply 9October 15, 2019 8:45 AM

*Devastated

by Anonymousreply 10October 15, 2019 8:47 AM

Dated an entertainment lawyer whose office was next door to Clint's. He said he greatly admired the talented actor/director/producer etc but not the actual man especially vis-a-vis his relationships with women.

Personally met Clint about 30 years ago. He's quite the charmer and gives great neck and shoulder massages.

by Anonymousreply 11October 15, 2019 9:07 AM

R11 I've met Clint when he was with Sondra Locke and yes he was VERY charming and nice to me. I was really surprised by the way he treated Sondra years later.

by Anonymousreply 12October 15, 2019 9:15 AM

he had better attorneys.

he is known as a man without conscience.....not the nicest man around....

by Anonymousreply 13October 15, 2019 11:02 AM

He’s very hostile to chairs.

by Anonymousreply 14October 15, 2019 11:09 AM

I met Clint through Francis Fisher, who is a lovely woman and I could never figure out why she wanted to be with him. She thought having a child by him would cement their relationship but of course, it did the opposite.

Clint is one of the most thoroughly self-involved, narcissistic, completely amoral humans to ever exist on this planet. He and Donald Trump could fight it out for the title of Mr. Evil, and the only reason Trump would win is because at least Clint settled for being mayor of a small town.

by Anonymousreply 15October 15, 2019 11:13 AM

He had her completely blackballed in Hollywood. She had talent as a director, but couldn't get a picture made.

by Anonymousreply 16October 15, 2019 12:01 PM

After he broke things off with her, Francis Fisher became good friends with Sondra Locke.

by Anonymousreply 17October 15, 2019 12:35 PM

From October 1975 until April 1989, Locke cohabited with actor Clint Eastwood. They had first met in 1972, but became involved while filming The Outlaw Josey Wales. Late in the 1970s, Locke had two abortions. After the second abortion she underwent a tubal ligation, stating in her autobiography that her decision to have the procedures was due to Eastwood's adamancy that parenthood would not fit into their lifestyle. Eastwood secretly fathered another woman's two children during the last three years of their relationship.

In 1989, Locke filed a palimony suit against Eastwood after he changed the locks on their Bel-Air home, and moved her possessions into storage while she was on the Impulse set. Following a year-long legal battle, the parties reached a settlement wherein Eastwood set up a film development/directing pact for Locke at Warner Bros. in exchange for dropping the suit.

Locke sued Eastwood again for fraud in 1995, alleging the deal with Warner was a sham—the studio had rejected all of the 30 or more projects she proposed and never used her as a director. According to Locke's attorney Peggy Garrity, Eastwood committed "the ultimate betrayal" by arranging the "bogus" deal as a way to keep her out of work.

Locke settled the case with Eastwood out of court for an undisclosed amount of money. The outcome of the case, Locke said, sent a "loud and clear" message to Hollywood, "that people cannot get away with whatever they want to just because they're powerful."

Locke brought a separate action against Warner Bros. for allegedly conspiring with Eastwood to sabotage her directorial career. As had happened with the previous lawsuit, this ended in an out-of-court settlement, in 1999. By then, Locke had fired Garrity and hired Neil Papiano to represent her. The agreement with Warner Bros., Locke said, was "a happy ending" after "five years of torture." "I feel elated. This has been the best day in a long, long time," Locke said outside the courthouse.

The case is used in some modern law-school contract textbooks to illustrate the legal concept of good faith.

by Anonymousreply 18October 15, 2019 12:40 PM

I know it's comforting to think that people ask to be screwed over and abused r5 because it makes you think you're too smart, you'd never allow yourself to be treated that way, but the truth is that people get used. They're lied to and manipulated by scammers and con artists. The whole deal with Eastwood having Warners set up a fake production company for her should tell you that she's not at fault here, that's the work of a thoroughly evil person.

by Anonymousreply 19October 15, 2019 12:56 PM

"Clint is one of the most thoroughly self-involved, narcissistic, completely amoral humans to ever exist on this planet. "

Arnold Schwarzenegger idolized Eastwood, and considered him his "best friend" for a while.

by Anonymousreply 20October 15, 2019 5:05 PM

Didn’t he have the gall to talk about family values when he was stumping for one of the Republican candidates?

by Anonymousreply 21October 15, 2019 5:12 PM

One of Locke's rejected projects was Junior which was later made with Schwarzenegger.

by Anonymousreply 22October 15, 2019 5:20 PM

She was married and he was married plus had affairs and babies with other women while they were “together.” Sounds like a perfectly sound relationship. Can’t imagine why it ended in tears.

by Anonymousreply 23October 15, 2019 5:39 PM

So Locke tried to transition from acting to dicrector/producer, and failed.

She believed that her post-breakup failure was due to Eastwood's malign influence, but I've always doubted that. IMHO she was only given a shot at being a "filmmaker" because of Eastwood's backing, and if she failed to establish her as someone who needed to be taken seriously in her own right, either as an artist or as someone who could make money for the studios, then of course her career as a director/producer would fade out the minute Eastwood withdrew his support. Because Eastwood was someone who absolutely reliably made and makes money for movie studios, and who still knows how to play the game at the top level, and the same can't be said of Locke. She felt entitled to a career like Eastwood has now, but that doesn't mean she had the talent or the ability to maneuver behind the scenes that it takes to get there.

by Anonymousreply 24October 15, 2019 5:51 PM

I never understood Clint’s marriage to the TV presenter gal. Who briefly had a reality show - WTF?

by Anonymousreply 25October 15, 2019 5:58 PM

Playing devil's advocate, where is the proof of all this alleged coercion that Clint "made" Sondra get abortions etc? I wouldn't know who she is if it wasn't for him. She's not the talent in the equation. HE is.

by Anonymousreply 26October 15, 2019 6:00 PM

Clint has a huge dick, n'est-ce pas? That doesn't explain everything....but it might explain a lot.

by Anonymousreply 27October 15, 2019 6:16 PM

R25 Haha I had forgotten about that. She really wanted to be the next Kris Jenner. I watched a few episodes and found it mildly entertaining. I'm surprised that the famously private Eastwood even agreed to a couple of appearances on the show.

I've noticed that many hetero men seem to go for a completely different physical type for later in life, final marriages. His earlier long term partners were fair skinned waspy blondes and brunettes and the TV presenter woman was an olive skinned dark haired brunette. I think they're divorced now.

by Anonymousreply 28October 15, 2019 7:33 PM

how did he get away with ruining that fab musical Jersy Boys by directing it into a GLOP FLOP MOVIE??????

by Anonymousreply 29October 16, 2019 3:35 AM

[quote]R23 She was married and he was married

She married her best gay friend from GRADE SCHOOL ... partially so he could be included under her insurance plan. He later suffered from AIDS related illness, so it was good planning.

Clint could not stand that she was devoted to this lifelong friend.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30October 16, 2019 7:16 PM

Could Clint be the "beloved" actor mentioned in that blind item? He's beloved by hicks.

by Anonymousreply 31October 16, 2019 7:37 PM

Locke him up!

by Anonymousreply 32October 16, 2019 7:44 PM

[quote]Clint has a huge dick, n'est-ce pas? That doesn't explain everything....but it might explain a lot.

that would only explain it if he were Gay

by Anonymousreply 33October 16, 2019 8:05 PM

[quote]Clint is one of the most thoroughly self-involved, narcissistic, completely amoral humans to ever exist on this planet.

Typical conservative.

And also a textbook example of how to succeed.

by Anonymousreply 34October 16, 2019 8:14 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!