Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Question: "Better Call Saul": Season 4

SPOILER:

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

While we all know Saul commited a crime by altering documents in his brother's files, why is he called before the bar administration? He claims he only (falsely) admitted he did so on the tape to make his brother feel better.

Saul officially contends he never actually doctored anything, so I don't understand what they're freaking out about. PS: I don't like this season as much as the three previous ones. As they're taking him out of the legal world, it's just less interesting to me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15October 17, 2019 3:11 AM

My biggest pet peeve is why does Kim Wexler wear that stupid little ponytail?

by Anonymousreply 1October 15, 2019 5:52 AM

Probably because it's a neatly maintained hairstyle she can do quickly herself.

I like it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2October 15, 2019 6:33 AM

I gave up after wexler got in the car accident does it get less boring then?

by Anonymousreply 3October 15, 2019 6:34 AM

The on;y thing I recall was Chuck killing himself. It's been too long.

by Anonymousreply 4October 15, 2019 6:51 AM

[quote]r3 I gave up after wexler got in the car accident does it get less boring then?

No, it becomes more boring - because while her cases keep up, he starts drifting into stuff that's outside the law, and the whole thing had more tension when he was struggling to fit into that straightlaced legal world.

They also bring in more and more emphasis on the drug stuff drama with the warring cartels, and that's all just a retread from "Breaking Bad."

by Anonymousreply 5October 15, 2019 6:54 AM

[quote]r4 The on;y thing I recall was Chuck killing himself. It's been too long.

I was so ready for him to die. Chuck was such a miserable dick.

by Anonymousreply 6October 15, 2019 6:56 AM

It wasn’t about the tape itself, as you noted he denied altering any documents. It was about breaking and entering Chuck’s house and destroying his property. Jimmy broke the law and that can result in disciplinary action before the State Bar.

by Anonymousreply 7October 15, 2019 7:55 AM

When is it coming back?

by Anonymousreply 8October 16, 2019 11:47 PM

Next year.

by Anonymousreply 9October 16, 2019 11:50 PM

Does anyone agree that Season 4 was the least engaging? For some reason I just wasn't into it, and eventually started skipping the drug scenes.

by Anonymousreply 10October 17, 2019 12:26 AM

R1 YES! I can’t stand that stupid, thin pony tail twisted in that nauseating “curl.”

by Anonymousreply 11October 17, 2019 12:34 AM

[quote] They also bring in more and more emphasis on the drug stuff drama with the warring cartels, and that's all just a retread from "Breaking Bad."

That's, strangely, the most boring part of the show. I liked it much better when the focus was on Jimmy, Kim, Chuck, and the characters from the legal world.

by Anonymousreply 12October 17, 2019 12:37 AM

Rhea Seehorn is an attractive woman, it’s frustrating to see her character look so severe and adolescent with that fucking ponytail.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13October 17, 2019 12:38 AM

Kim's ponytail has a surprisingly large following:

[quote]When Kim wears that ponytail in a courtroom or other work-oriented setting — and that’s usually where she wears it — it is a reflection of her strength and sense of order. No strand is out of place. The coil is curled perfectly, as if it were sculpted with plans to put this ponytail on display in a museum. It is a ponytail that could only spring from the scalp of a grown woman who is formidable and unflappable. It’s a total power pony.

[quote]But the ponytail, by nature, also has a whiff of girlish energy about it. A high and tight one like Kim’s is associated with cheerleaders and elementary-schoolers whose mothers insist that they look their best on class picture day. The way it swirls is reminiscent of the pigtails once worn by Cindy Brady, the baby of The Brady Bunch who swore she didn’t sound like a baby, even though she totally did. Kim Wexler is smart enough to grasp all this, and that’s probably why she chose the ponytail, too, aside from the practicality that comes with just putting up her hair and forgetting about it. Kim wants her colleagues to take her seriously, but in a male-dominated profession — and also in a firm like her former one, Hamlin, Hamlin & McGill — she realizes that it doesn’t hurt to subtly project a bit of youthful femininity.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14October 17, 2019 2:41 AM

[quote] r12 I liked it much better when the focus was on Jimmy, Kim, Chuck, and the characters from the legal world.

[bold]#MeToo

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15October 17, 2019 3:11 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!