Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Scotty Bowers Dead to Me

He’s blowing family members and animals in heaven.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 552August 2, 2020 5:00 PM

96 - dang! Hell of a run for him.

by Anonymousreply 1October 14, 2019 9:16 PM

So young. He never blew me.

by Anonymousreply 2October 14, 2019 9:17 PM

I loved this man’s willingness to disclose scoop about old Hollywood. I loved his documentary and book.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3October 14, 2019 9:17 PM

That we know of, r2.

by Anonymousreply 4October 14, 2019 9:18 PM

Wife?

by Anonymousreply 5October 14, 2019 9:34 PM

HERE TODAY....

BLOWN TOMORROW .

by Anonymousreply 6October 14, 2019 9:36 PM

R5 his wife was in his documentary. She was not a fan....

by Anonymousreply 7October 14, 2019 9:36 PM

Fare thee well into the great unknown, Scotty.

by Anonymousreply 8October 14, 2019 9:41 PM

[quote]Wife?

She appeared in the documentary. All she wanted to do is sing.

I feel sorry for whoever has to clean up after him. The man was a huge hoarder as you could see in the documentary.

by Anonymousreply 9October 14, 2019 9:41 PM

I loved the bitchy queen in the documentary who was one of Scotty's whores. "Paul Lynde was a drunk!"

by Anonymousreply 10October 14, 2019 9:43 PM

Yes, his wife Lois died in 2018.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11October 14, 2019 9:43 PM

He never spilt enough tea. He didn’t.

by Anonymousreply 12October 14, 2019 9:44 PM

Beam me up, Scotty.

by Anonymousreply 13October 14, 2019 9:45 PM

The shit sandwich story still disturbs me.

by Anonymousreply 14October 14, 2019 9:46 PM

I wonder if Katharine Hepburn was waiting at Heaven's Gate to kick his ass.

by Anonymousreply 15October 14, 2019 9:46 PM

Great last chapter in life.

by Anonymousreply 16October 14, 2019 9:47 PM

Damn, I was just thinking about him the other day when I was reading a Peter Bart column.

R.I.P., a great man, a combat veteran, a pioneer, a revolutionary; a swell guy. A hot piece of ass back in the day.

It's sad we're losing everybody with first-hand testimony of that very important era in American history.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17October 14, 2019 9:49 PM

He did have an ex-wife with whom he reconciled and lived with, r5. The details are in the documentary linked @ r17.

by Anonymousreply 18October 14, 2019 9:50 PM

Who gets to shovel all that crap from his garages and storage units (as shown in the surprisingly sad documentary)?

by Anonymousreply 19October 14, 2019 9:58 PM

Aww, this makes me sad, and usually couldn't care less about people I don't even know dying.

by Anonymousreply 20October 14, 2019 10:02 PM

A good run- and glad he wrote it all down before he left. I believe all of it. Even in this day of paparazzi and internet, his reality check was shocking to some.

by Anonymousreply 21October 14, 2019 10:04 PM

R19, are you also R9?

by Anonymousreply 22October 14, 2019 10:11 PM

I'm waiting for the "EVERYTHING HE CLAIMED ABOUT MY FAVORITE STARS WAS A LIE!!!" Trolls to emerge soon.

It was hinted he didn't spill on his tea...some was held back because some of the people were still alive. I wonder if he left behind a book with ALL the dirt.

And, I'm guessing maybe some of it was on Kirk Douglas or maybe Newman and Joanne Woodward.

OR, maybe it was Miss de Haviland!

by Anonymousreply 23October 14, 2019 10:53 PM

The Doc director said at a Q&A that he may do a sequel to the doc, because he couldn't fit everything in to 90 minutes. I'm sure he has plenty of interview footage with Scotty to accomplish this.

Hopefully Scotty left all his hollywood "hoardings" to the director.

by Anonymousreply 24October 14, 2019 11:00 PM

I wonder who Scotty left everything to. Is his daughter still alive? He got just under a million for the dump on St. Andrews a year or 2 ago so hopefully he still had plenty money left.

by Anonymousreply 25October 14, 2019 11:30 PM

Hjjllj

by Anonymousreply 26October 14, 2019 11:35 PM

R23, "It was hinted he didn't spill on his tea...some was held back because some of the people were still alive." They probably would have sued his ass, that's why he only talked about dead people.

by Anonymousreply 27October 14, 2019 11:35 PM

Well he had a hot ass, but he couldn't live forever.

by Anonymousreply 28October 14, 2019 11:43 PM

I think he faked his death.

by Anonymousreply 29October 14, 2019 11:45 PM

Would you all recommend reading his book? The reviews are all over the place. Are the bad ones just angry about the explicitness and revelations about their beloved stars or is it a boring bragging book? Or is it interesting and revealing?

by Anonymousreply 30October 14, 2019 11:47 PM

I figured he would die and that Ryan Murphy had inside information, otherwise how was he going to do Hollywood ripping off his story with him living?

by Anonymousreply 31October 14, 2019 11:50 PM

Well the question is, did he spill his tea because he wanted to tell the full story or due to old age shakes?

by Anonymousreply 32October 14, 2019 11:50 PM

I thought the DL consensus was that he made all that stuff up? (Don’t yell at me, R23!)

by Anonymousreply 33October 14, 2019 11:52 PM

R30, I enjoyed it, and thought it was well worth a read, but some posters here don't believe a word of it. Also, refer back to R14, it's uhh, well it's literal.

by Anonymousreply 34October 14, 2019 11:53 PM

R33 many homos are genetically predisposed to disbelieve anything they hear or read that doesn't fit into their incredibly narrow minded way of thinking.

by Anonymousreply 35October 14, 2019 11:56 PM

Darwin Porter still writes compelling books.

by Anonymousreply 36October 14, 2019 11:57 PM

Young Scotty with a gal pal and several of his “staff.” Scotty’s in the black suit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37October 14, 2019 11:58 PM

It's obvious most of what he said was true, no one can ever know if every single story is true, obviously there can be exaggerations, I'm sure he can't remember exactly. The bones of his life story are obviously real.

by Anonymousreply 38October 15, 2019 12:00 AM

In the doc they showed the full length picture. Impressive.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39October 15, 2019 12:01 AM

Scotty had the goods!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40October 15, 2019 12:03 AM

Here's the full length image of R39's post. Imgur images aren't embedding properly tonight for some reason.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41October 15, 2019 12:09 AM

Scotty in action

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42October 15, 2019 12:13 AM

Who's that broad he's schtupping, Cicely Tyson?

by Anonymousreply 43October 15, 2019 12:20 AM

Fuck you Queerty, I'm not disabling my adblocker.

by Anonymousreply 44October 15, 2019 12:54 AM

There are some people that got irrationally upset if anyone believed a word of what Bowers said r33. There was a lot of vitriol when his book came out. I remember people claiming even his gas station didnt exist, when it was later shown that yes of course it did.

Then Debbie Reynold even in her book talked about Scotty Bowers, but ignore that.

by Anonymousreply 45October 15, 2019 12:57 AM

R33 here, thanks for the replies. Maybe I was confusing him with Darwin Porter.

by Anonymousreply 46October 15, 2019 1:02 AM

Lol. R45, More like some people here got irrationally upset (and still do) if anyone didn't believe every word Bowers said.

by Anonymousreply 47October 15, 2019 1:04 AM

Thank you for everything, baby! You'll long be remembered.

by Anonymousreply 48October 15, 2019 1:09 AM

Wonder what was on his Victrola? Or was it a Philco?

by Anonymousreply 49October 15, 2019 1:12 AM

I ordered the book when it first came out, read it, and promptly disposed of it in my recycle bin.

by Anonymousreply 50October 15, 2019 1:13 AM

Yeah the Laughton shit sandwich chapter had me throw the book across the room and wash my hands. But I still love Scotty. And I guess it was stuff like that separated the men from the boys in the world of pimping. He was sweet but hardcore, baby. Think of his combat record, ffs.

by Anonymousreply 51October 15, 2019 1:18 AM

According to the Queerty article linked at R39 he was still hustling at 95?!

by Anonymousreply 52October 15, 2019 1:20 AM

He was a bit mixed up, though. In the documentary, he talks about being molested by a priest as if that was OK. Even if he did enjoy the sex, it wasn't right for the priest to be doing that.

by Anonymousreply 53October 15, 2019 1:21 AM

Less of a victim mentality for his generation. They were big on survival, no matter what. Tougher times, I guess.

by Anonymousreply 54October 15, 2019 1:22 AM

No kidding. I think he wrote he helped support his mom and siblings in the Depression by hooking. At 15!

by Anonymousreply 55October 15, 2019 1:24 AM

You're assuming that is true, r55

by Anonymousreply 56October 15, 2019 1:27 AM

"Would you all recommend reading his book?"

No. It's a bunch of truly outlandish stories, none of which can be verified in any way. He has no credibility at all. You have to take everything he says "on faith." But if you like Darwin Porter, and believe everything Darwin Porter says, then you will probably like the tales of Scotty Bowers.

by Anonymousreply 57October 15, 2019 1:30 AM

Past behavior predicts future performance, they say, R56

by Anonymousreply 58October 15, 2019 1:30 AM

Yes, Scott talks about the "sex" he had with older men when he was a child. And he doesn't think that harmed him...even though he went on to become someone who was a sex worker and entire life revolved around sex.

But what are you going to do, he was a man of a different time.

by Anonymousreply 59October 15, 2019 1:31 AM

i guess Christopher Isherwood's Hollywood diaries would be a load of BS, too, R57? You must not be a close student of human behavior. I'm 54 and feel like I've seen it all.

by Anonymousreply 60October 15, 2019 1:32 AM

It's nice to think that he's in heaven getting blown by Spencer Tracy and George Cukor.

by Anonymousreply 61October 15, 2019 1:32 AM

Bout fuckin' time! LYING DELUSIONAL WHORE.

by Anonymousreply 62October 15, 2019 1:37 AM

I was wondering when r57 and r62 would come along. I warned you!

by Anonymousreply 63October 15, 2019 1:38 AM

It’s good juicy gossip. And believable - despite some obsessive poster(s) here on DL who seem to have a vested interest in it not being true. Very realistic description of sex in Hollywood pre-60s with a lot of big names. Interesting as history as well as gossip. Gore Vidal publicly affirmed the truth of what he knew that was in it.

by Anonymousreply 64October 15, 2019 1:40 AM

He was a complete charlatan. The idea that George Cukor was a nice guy was nonsense--from that point onward the book seemed totally suspicious to me.

by Anonymousreply 65October 15, 2019 1:40 AM

Scotty had not a bad word to say about anybody, R65, so why would he bad-mouth a good customer?

by Anonymousreply 66October 15, 2019 1:42 AM

"It’s good juicy gossip. And believable - despite some obsessive poster(s) here on DL who seem to have a vested interest in it not being true. "

You consider Bowers having threesomes with the Duke and Duchess of Windsor "believable?' You believe Charles Laughton eating shit sandwiches was "believable?" I think YOU are the obsessive one. You have a vested interest in it being true. But Bowers couldn't PROVE one single thing he said. Yet you chose to believe it. I guess your credo is "if somebody says it it must be true." That's not very bright.

by Anonymousreply 67October 15, 2019 1:44 AM

[Quote]I think YOU are the obsessive one.

Yes, you sound quite stable and not overly invested in this at all...

by Anonymousreply 68October 15, 2019 1:47 AM

What's there to miss about her? She was a 2bit whore who eventually graduated to madam and lured innocent young men to his endless cycle debauchery.

by Anonymousreply 69October 15, 2019 1:48 AM

Ah the days when a young, decent-looking fellow with a big cock could make an easy buck letting some older queen blow him. How I miss the good old days. Such things NEVER happen now. People are so different now. Uh-huh, sure they are.

by Anonymousreply 70October 15, 2019 1:51 AM

R57 = Hepburn fan, still recovering

by Anonymousreply 71October 15, 2019 1:54 AM

Not eventually r69. Bowers started pimping out other guys basically as soon as he started tricking in Hollywood himself.

That's what made him special, not for his own services necessarily, but that he had a large network of hustlers. Though he claims he never took a cut of what other people made.

by Anonymousreply 72October 15, 2019 2:00 AM

He never took a cut. Suuuure. Because he was so saintly and selfless

by Anonymousreply 73October 15, 2019 2:02 AM

I read Scotty's book. My impression was that a lot of the stuff was true, but that he'd embellished a good bit, and remembered things that had never happened.

Anybody who's spent a lot of time with an elderly parent can tell you they end up talking about things that never happened. It's part of the aging process. The mind and the memories wander. They insist that certain things occurred that never did.

Had Scotty written his book in his middle age, there would have been less of that.

by Anonymousreply 74October 15, 2019 2:02 AM

You've never seen Scotty fielding questions in real time on YouTube, R74? Tack sharp in his 90s. Try again, though.

by Anonymousreply 75October 15, 2019 2:04 AM

That wet poodle hair, though, geez.

by Anonymousreply 76October 15, 2019 2:05 AM

I tend to agree with r74, I think he was who he said he was (more or less) but I think he made up or exaggerated a lot of things. The scat stuff is laughable and the stuff about the Duke and Duchess of Windsor really stretches credibility, too. But I can buy that he knew SOME stars. You can tell that he's making stuff up for self-aggrandizement too (I never asked for money! I was doing this purely out of the kindness of my own heart!)

by Anonymousreply 77October 15, 2019 2:08 AM

That's how I feel r74, obviously the bare bones are true. Whether or not every single detail was how he remembers it happening is immaterial to me.

by Anonymousreply 78October 15, 2019 2:08 AM

Scotty was so old when he came out with his book because he had to wait until everybody he said he fucked or procured for died. Dead people can't sue, you know.

by Anonymousreply 79October 15, 2019 2:09 AM

In the documentary he seems like a quite sympathetic guy - unlike some DL moralists. Granted, I don't believe every claim he had made, still enjoyed both the book and the film very much. RIP.

by Anonymousreply 80October 15, 2019 2:10 AM

He was a liar out to make himself rich and famous before he died. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

by Anonymousreply 81October 15, 2019 2:12 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82October 15, 2019 2:16 AM

DL condolences to Matt Tyrnauer. I'm sure he's mourning.

by Anonymousreply 83October 15, 2019 2:22 AM

Debbie would never lie! She was totally honest about everything, including her lesbianism! Oh, wait....

by Anonymousreply 84October 15, 2019 2:22 AM

Yes r84, anything anyone ever said about Scotty Bowers is all a lie. It's all a conspiracy and he was a delusional old man who never even had sex a day in his life.

We get it toots.

by Anonymousreply 85October 15, 2019 2:25 AM

He is one of those people, I don't believe nor disbelieve. He is like the tabloids, there might be a kernel of truth in his stories, but then he embellished them to the point of unbelievably. I can believe he had a big dick and because of it knew a lot of Hollywood people, but beyond that it becomes questionable.

by Anonymousreply 86October 15, 2019 2:27 AM

R82, I'm somewhat surprised Berle didn't do the prank himself of course maybe then everyone had seen it.

by Anonymousreply 87October 15, 2019 2:29 AM

[Quote]Some have questioned the veracity of Bowers’ stories. But the biographer William J. Mann, who spoke to Bowers when researching his 2006 book Kate: The Woman Who Was Hepburn, said, “I found him forthright and honest and not interested in personal fame or gain,” turning down at that stage Mann’s offer to write about him or introduce him to a literary agent. “Several people I respect vouched for Scotty’s essential truthfulness and reliability as a source,” Mann stated, including the journalist and author Dominick Dunne and film director John Schlesinger—as well as Vidal himself.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88October 15, 2019 2:30 AM

R85, you sound dumb. So one ever said he never had sex, just that he made shit up.

Getting Vidal to vouch for him is silly since Vidal made a lot of shit up, too

by Anonymousreply 89October 15, 2019 2:31 AM

Debbie should talk. She had black call girls sent to her suite after her Vegas shows in the 70s and 80s.

by Anonymousreply 90October 15, 2019 2:31 AM

I always thought it was common knowledge that Charles Laughton was into shit. Henry Fonda once said he was the most disgusting person in Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 91October 15, 2019 2:48 AM

That's because Henry Fonda disliked him for being gay

by Anonymousreply 92October 15, 2019 2:50 AM

There's something a little creepy about a nonagenarian being called "Scotty."

by Anonymousreply 93October 15, 2019 3:05 AM

[quote]Dead people can't sue, you know.

But their estates can.

by Anonymousreply 94October 15, 2019 3:05 AM

Something tells me his story isn’t done. His death marks something. I think he’s left behind the manuscript for a new book, or some other sort of information hub. There’s no way he’d leave without telling everything he knows, because lord knows that his books and documentaries were only the tip of the iceberg.

by Anonymousreply 95October 15, 2019 3:11 AM

He's donating his body to science because he has a record 33 separate std's.

Including: 5 types of herpes, chlamydia, Hepatitis a - z; HPV, HIV, syphilis, gonorrhea, crabs and cooties.

by Anonymousreply 96October 15, 2019 3:15 AM

"Some have questioned the veracity of Bowers’ stories. But the biographer William J. Mann, who spoke to Bowers when researching his 2006 book Kate: The Woman Who Was Hepburn, said, “I found him forthright and honest and not interested in personal fame or gain,” turning down at that stage Mann’s offer to write about him or introduce him to a literary agent. “Several people I respect vouched for Scotty’s essential truthfulness and reliability as a source,” Mann stated, including the journalist and author Dominick Dunne and film director John Schlesinger—as well as Vidal himself."

There's a very good biography of Spencer Tracy entitled "Spencer Tracy: A Biography" by James Curtis. Its final chapter, "The Biographies of Katherine Hepburn", thoroughly debunks both William J. Mann and Scotty Bowers. In other words, Mann and Bowers were both full of shit. As for the people who "vouched" for Bowers...well, I never heard that Dominick Dunne or John Schlesinger ever did. As for Vidal I heard a quote attributed to him that went along the lines of "I've never know Scotty to lie" or something like that. That quote has also been attributed to Gavin Lambert. But if either of them actually said it it means nothing. It certainly doesn't mean Bowers wasn't a liar. He certainly was. If he wasn't, he would have been able to provide proof to back up what he said. But he never could.

by Anonymousreply 97October 15, 2019 3:35 AM

[quote]Fuck you Queerty, I'm not disabling my adblocker.

R44, click on "Continue without supporting" on Queerty in tiny letters at the bottom of that popup on the left side.

by Anonymousreply 98October 15, 2019 3:36 AM

Old right winger tom hanks should play far out scotty !!! yea !!!! try sumthin different tom, like less treacly n smarmy....k?

by Anonymousreply 99October 15, 2019 3:53 AM

I believe that the book was largely true. The fact I find most questionable is the sheer number of girls (150!) that Kate Hepburn allegedly screwed. I mean, Hepburn was notorious for being standoffish and for having an obsession with personal hygiene. It doesn't make sense.

by Anonymousreply 100October 15, 2019 3:58 AM

I'm sorry to hear he's dead, but I also don't believe much of what he said. He was a huckster and his stories were ridiculous at times, and frequently didn't add up when you tried to piece together dates and events that they were associated with.

by Anonymousreply 101October 15, 2019 4:01 AM

loooooooooooove scottys book and interviews, an honest strait shooter. he blew the lid off all the gays/bi's in the showbiz world.

hope franco plays him in the bio flick.

hee hee be fun huh (James NOT dave)

by Anonymousreply 102October 15, 2019 4:25 AM

[quote]very good biography of Spencer Tracy entitled "Spencer Tracy: A Biography" by James Curtis. Its final chapter, "The Biographies of Katherine Hepburn", thoroughly debunks both William J. Mann and Scotty Bowers. In other words, Mann and Bowers were both full of shit.

Perhaps. Or it could be that James Curtis is the one who's full of shit. Where is the back-up for HIM, the people vouching for HIS veracity?

You're kind of loony, anti-Scotty troll. Just because you are scandalized by Bowers and distrust and disbelieve everything in the book, you expect everyone else to. And the more they don't, the more you need to show up in the thread to keep telling us, over and over and over again, what liar Scotty was. Oh, Debbie Reynolds vouches for him? Well, Debbie was a liar about her own lesbianism. Gore Vidal? Everyone knows he made stuff up. William Mann? Well, this other author, James Curtis, says he's full of shit.

Okay, that one I'll give you, William Mann IS full of shit.

But there's nothing more you can tell us. You've stated, and restated, and re-restated your thesis about twelve times too many.

by Anonymousreply 103October 15, 2019 5:34 AM

May he burn in Hell.

by Anonymousreply 104October 15, 2019 6:11 AM

Love how everyone has been in Debbie Reynold's bedroom.

by Anonymousreply 105October 15, 2019 6:15 AM

Scotty in OP’s photo makes me want to dedicate a song to him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106October 15, 2019 6:20 AM

Kathetine Hepburn was asexual and Spencer Tracy was homosexual. They bearded for each other.

by Anonymousreply 107October 15, 2019 6:22 AM

Spencer Tracy had more cock in his mouth than anyone this side of Billy Haines.

by Anonymousreply 108October 15, 2019 6:36 AM

Bullshit, r57.

There were many witnesses at his parties, including his fellow whores and even some of the celebrities who vouch for Scotty's accounts. He threw parties for straight stars, too -- not just the hooking and pimping.

by Anonymousreply 109October 15, 2019 7:18 AM

R67 you must live a very sheltered life because you'd be very surprised if you knew what a lot of people get up to in private.

by Anonymousreply 110October 15, 2019 10:39 AM

Any gay man who couldn't look at Hepburn and see she was a dyke is apparently blind. When she wasn't dressed for a movie role she made no attempts to look ladylike. These are the same gay men who can't look at Julie Andrews and clearly see she's a lesbo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111October 15, 2019 10:49 AM

scotty fixed old kate up with so many women that it was unreal, lady loved to suk pussy....

imagine the presidents, etc that he fixed up with hot men n women...he knew ev body !!!

by Anonymousreply 112October 15, 2019 11:18 AM

Scotty was no doubt a hustler/pimp who saw some action. He's also quite clearly a liar.

There's a reason he only dished dirt on dead people: in the USA, deceased celebrities are fair game and libel laws no longer apply. Anybody can make whatever claims they like with impunity. Darwin Porter has based his entire career on this fact.

There are numerous slips that reveal him as less than truthful. For instance, he referred to the duke and duchess of Windsor as Eddie and Wally. Neither of them ever used those nicknames, which he would have known if he'd done two minutes of research. For more inconsistencies, click the link.

Every anecdote demonstrates Scotty's specialness and wonderfulness. The stars don't just have sex with him and his associates, they love and trust and confide in him. He's their special friend. Sure. He also takes no money. Quite the philanthropist, that Scotty. The self-aggrandizement is awe-inspiring.

I get it... It's fun to pretend that every single old-time star wasn't just gay but also kinky. The Scotty stuff is basically fan fiction that pretends to be biography.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113October 15, 2019 11:34 AM

Well, he never sucked MY cock!

by Anonymousreply 114October 15, 2019 11:53 AM

[quote] He's also quite clearly a liar.

No, there's nothing "clear" about it at all. Other than your (and some other's) pathological fixation on debunking some, most, or all of what he wrote. How the hell do you know what nicknames people who knew the Windsors used? Just because you never heard them or saw them written in the media before means they were never used? But I guess you naysayers constantly belching out your claims of falsehoods on his part give you some sort of satisfaction.

by Anonymousreply 115October 15, 2019 11:53 AM

I believe the editions might have changed. I thought I read initially that Astaire liked giving blow jobs. Then years later I went back to another edition and couldn't find it. You can't often write about living people because they would sue you or even after they're dead their estates might put pressure on you. Astaire's wife and children are still alive so maybe they went after Bowers? Cecil Beaton mentions Scotty in his diaries and how he owes him money but Scotty doesn't take all the money he is owed. Scotty writes about Beaton and what a difficult man he was. He might have been procuring for him the year Beaton was doing MFL in Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 116October 15, 2019 12:11 PM

Well I hope Charles Laughton is force feeding shit sandwiches to Scotty up in heaven because God only know NOBODY would willingly eat shit.

by Anonymousreply 117October 15, 2019 12:55 PM

Strange thing to say that someone debunking a lie is "pathological." It's completely normal to want to know if what Bowers wrote was true or not, and if it can't be verified or is actually contradicted by other facts, there's nothing wrong with saying so. It's people like you who get so angry and emotional when you hear these wacky sex fantasies might not be true who have the real problem. Get a grip.

by Anonymousreply 118October 15, 2019 12:59 PM

[quote]For instance, he referred to the duke and duchess of Windsor as Eddie and Wally. Neither of them ever used those nicknames, which he would have known if he'd done two minutes of research.

Well, gee perhaps they wanted different nicknames to try and be as anonymous as possible since they were there for illicit secret sex romps?

by Anonymousreply 119October 15, 2019 1:12 PM

Yes Wallace went by the incredibly anonymizing "Wally" knowing no one could possibly crack the secret sex code!

by Anonymousreply 120October 15, 2019 1:13 PM

Oy - the “Scotty was a liar” obsessive is tired. R103 is correct.

by Anonymousreply 121October 15, 2019 3:14 PM

Few people strike me as being as honest as Scotty Bowers was. The man had core principals and got at whatever he chose to do, from fighting to fucking, from mixing drinks to pairing tricks, from raising a smile to showing us our common humanity. Not one minute of a very long life was wasted on Scotty Bowers. He's an inspiration to me.

by Anonymousreply 122October 15, 2019 3:59 PM

R42, Thanks for making me dry heave.

by Anonymousreply 123October 15, 2019 4:31 PM

"I believe the editions might have changed. I thought I read initially that Astaire liked giving blow jobs. Then years later I went back to another edition and couldn't find it. You can't often write about living people because they would sue you or even after they're dead their estates might put pressure on you. Astaire's wife and children are still alive so maybe they went after Bowers?"

Re. Fred Astaire - no idea if he truly had any connection to Bowers or not but his family is definitely freaked out over the notion that he might have been gay. If you watch the DVD commentary for the movie De-Lovely (which is about Cole Porter) either the writer or the director of the movie (forget which one) said that Fred Astaire's kids contacted him and were complaining that they thought the movie implied that Astaire was gay, which it doesn't (In the movie there is a fictional character played by John Barrowman who introduces the song Night and Day and hooks up with Porter. Even though the Barrowman character is clearly fictional they were freaked out because Astaire was the one who introduced the song Night and Day and I guess they thought people would think Barrowman's fictional character would be confuse with Astaire)

by Anonymousreply 124October 15, 2019 4:44 PM

A singular character waaaay ahead of his times. I think he understood the essential truth about sex and sexuality: it's fun (not dirty), it makes you happy and it doesn't matter if you are gay, straight or bi- he took $ for his clients but he was not a pimp- he was a match-maker more or less. The arrangements between his matches was up to them- he did not take a cut like a pimp. Plus he did a whole lot more for his clients than just sex- from bartender to handy man. And everything he divulged about deceased clients is true. What is more interesting is perhaps all he did not divulge (some still alive.)

How he became what he was interests me. He was turning tricks with priests as a kid when he found out what they wanted. No shame or abuse. But here I wonder if it was always that way or whether he just stayed a step ahead.

by Anonymousreply 125October 15, 2019 4:48 PM

[Quote]He was turning tricks with priests as a kid when he found out what they wanted. No shame or abuse

Whether Scotty recognizes it as abuse or tries to rationalize it as okay, an adult having sexual relations with a prepubescent child is abuse. Many people who are victims of CSA rationalize it as okay.

by Anonymousreply 126October 15, 2019 5:00 PM

"And everything he divulged about deceased clients is true"

Because you were alive in the 40s and witnessed EVERYTHING he did?

"How he became what he was interests me. He was turning tricks with priests as a kid when he found out what they wanted. No shame or abuse. But here I wonder if it was always that way or whether he just stayed a step ahead."

So you're justifying child abuse? Nice.

by Anonymousreply 127October 15, 2019 5:04 PM

I'm sure he exaggerated, and embellished plenty, but I'm also sure that he really lived that life, and what he said about the stars was the truth, as much as he knew it.

by Anonymousreply 128October 15, 2019 5:07 PM

He was being molested by an adult neighbor, the father of Scotty's childhood friends, on the farm. He was already initiated by the time the he and his family moved to Chicago, where he made men like his neighbor pay to play. Scotty monetized sex with adult men. He used the money to support his family, who like many others then were dirt poor. They were able to stay together and survive as a result. He had a bunch of other hustles going, too. Where people get riled it seems is that he saw it all as natural, transactional, and fun. Let Scotty be the judge. He lived it.

by Anonymousreply 129October 15, 2019 5:25 PM

His childhood experience was likely pretty common pre-20th century. Lots of molested kids end up in the sex trade. Probably not healthy based on modern understanding, but as with so much of modern psychology, the demonization of it can be more destructive than acceptance. People end up stuck in victimhood and defining the tragic event as life destroying. Some can move through with lots of counseling and perhaps the right genetic makeup. But his view of it was probably pretty common before modern times - it happened, move on.

by Anonymousreply 130October 15, 2019 5:37 PM

It would be very interesting at this point to hear what Scotty's surviving sister has to say about her brother and their early lives. I suspect she reveres her brother. But who knows?

by Anonymousreply 131October 15, 2019 5:37 PM

Newsflash: more than one person on this thread doubts Scotty's veracity.

by Anonymousreply 132October 15, 2019 5:40 PM

R122, I was also inspired by Scotty. He’s a hustler in a broad sense—cobbling together various side hustles into a career. He was hard-working, enterprising, saving, non-judgmental, and non-sentimental. Just watching his old self in the documentary made me feel terribly lazy.

by Anonymousreply 133October 15, 2019 5:42 PM

[Quote]Just watching his old self in the documentary made me feel terribly lazy

It also made me feel that my place was incredibly clean, guy had a severe hoarding problem!

by Anonymousreply 134October 15, 2019 5:45 PM

‘Humankind cannot bear very much reality’ - TS Eliot

Thanks, Scotty...for a brief look at the truth. You will be missed.

by Anonymousreply 135October 15, 2019 5:49 PM

Some of us are old enough to remember those years when discretion was the rule. There was no Grindr, Tinder, rent boys, shopping on the street was too dangerous. In my time I pulled some wild, unforgettable tricks myself. Like Scotty, Je ne regrette rien

by Anonymousreply 136October 15, 2019 5:57 PM

R127, no, I first heard about Scotty in the 1970s. In fact I knew at least one of the guys in his network. I believe what I was told at the time, about Hoover, about Tracy (I did not find out about Hepburn until his book, but assume now it was true because it has been corroborated by others.) And there where more that were not in his book. And it was not just gay- he got men for girls and visa versa and he himself as he told, was bisexual.

I am not justifying or rationalizing his sex with priests as a kid. Rather, as I suggest, it effected him in ways that he perhaps did not understand. He certainly did not analyze it in the docu. Rather he turned the experience around and made money. Actually that happens to many who later sell themselves for sex. It's clear that as an adult, sex was for fun, and the money was nice- somehow he made it so as a kid as well. I think it's fascinating.

Scotty was well liked by his clients of all kinds and for all his services. He was one of the most popular and well liked "underground" characters of Hollywood when I was coming of age in the 70's. Do you imagine that my jaw didn't drop when I found out about Hoover, Spellman, Tracy and others? Talk about growing up! Rock Hudson (gay), Paul Newman (bi) and a few others, a couple that I was set up with (as dates, not sex for - although if the sex happened that was up to us.) Same experience of a number of friends of mine including one who is interviewed extensively in the docu "Where's My Roy Cohn?"

by Anonymousreply 137October 15, 2019 6:06 PM

[quote] because God only know NOBODY would willingly eat shit.

You've obviously never heard of coprophagia. Dogs eat shit, cats eat shit, plenty of other animals eat shit, including some humans. Disgusting I know, but that's the world we live in.

by Anonymousreply 138October 15, 2019 6:09 PM

[quote] or is actually contradicted by other facts

Fool please! You nor anyone else has contradicted a damn thing Bowers wrote with "other facts". You've just contradicted him with your own theories..

by Anonymousreply 139October 15, 2019 6:13 PM

R57, R65, R67, R81, R113, etc., etc..

Many WHO WERE THERE backed up Bowers back in 2012.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 140October 15, 2019 6:23 PM

I think Scotty Bowers probably had one of the healthiest attitudes about sex ever. He recognized it was something meant to give people pleasure as well as procreation, and there was nothing wrong with having as much of it as a person desired. He seemed to be far more mature about it at a very young age than most adults are. His attitude about sex reminds me of the old saying "if God hadn't meant for living creatures to have as much sex as they wanted, He wouldn't have made it feel so good".

by Anonymousreply 141October 15, 2019 6:24 PM

Bowers in his book repeatedly justifies his childhood sexual experiences with adult men for pay and for extra food. It's clear he didn't have a strong, affectionate relationship with his own father which made him vulnerable to other mentors who obviously groomed him to fulfill their needs as well.

by Anonymousreply 142October 15, 2019 6:25 PM

He seemed a bit mean-spirited about Corbin Bernsen and that property in the documentary. That's why I don't totally believe "I was doing it out of the goodness of my heart."

by Anonymousreply 143October 15, 2019 6:35 PM

Night and Day is one of the most famous songs in the American songbook. Astaire famously introduced it on Broadway and then reproduced it on film in one of the greatest dance numbers in a movie musical for an international audience.

I think it's a bit disingenuous of the filmmakers to say Barrowman was an entirely fictional character.

The sex lives of many of these people is intriguing to contemporary salacious minds. Astaire's sister Adele who really knew everybody said that George Gershwin was asexual. I think it is odd for that period for a 38 year old man rich handsome and famous to never have been married. She claimed that she knew he was not a heterosexual('If anybody would have known it would have been me.') But she said he was not homosexual. Maybe that's something she could not admit. But who knows maybe he had no interest in sex whatsoever. Though personally I find it impossible to imagine.

by Anonymousreply 144October 15, 2019 6:39 PM

R143, that's because Bersen was acting like a jackass.

by Anonymousreply 145October 15, 2019 6:43 PM

"Scotty just liked to make people happy" Well, he certainly did not care for the happiness or wellbeing of his daughter, not even after her death did he care. He just moved on like it was nothing. In the documentary he portray's himself as just a "humble down-to-earth nice guy helping out the neighbors" type, however his actions and treatment of his wife and daughter are contradictory.

by Anonymousreply 146October 15, 2019 6:47 PM

Not sure if Charles Laughton was really into eating shit, but I've known two guys who enjoyed rimming their lovers right after a big dump. If you had diarrhea, they thought of it as a bonus. So yes, some people LIKE TO EAT SHIT!!!

by Anonymousreply 147October 15, 2019 6:50 PM

You're clueless R146. He couldn't handle either, especially the death of his daughter. And that, along with the death of his brother is explained in the documentary.

by Anonymousreply 148October 15, 2019 6:53 PM

And let's not forget he also openly admitted to raping animals in the documentary, but for some reason that part is not touched upon at all. They just gloss over it as if it was no big deal??

The guy was a sick fuck!

by Anonymousreply 149October 15, 2019 6:53 PM

[quote][R143], that's because Bersen was acting like a jackass.

Do you blame him? The property was given to him, but Scotty could have possession as long as he was alive.

Today, Bernsen is doing a victory dance.

by Anonymousreply 150October 15, 2019 7:00 PM

Agreed R147. That's basically why he turned into a hoarder. Couldn't deal with the negatives in his life -- which he admits -- so he kept busy collecting this, buying that, saving this -- basically building a wall around himself.

by Anonymousreply 151October 15, 2019 7:01 PM

Animals? I thought that was Michael Jackson. You know Curious George and the Pushme-pullyu.

by Anonymousreply 152October 15, 2019 7:02 PM

The property was willed to BOWERS, not Bernsen. He only gets it today...after Bower's death.

by Anonymousreply 153October 15, 2019 7:04 PM

Considering Bernsen's career had basically become almost non-existent I imagine he was desperate for money and wanted to sell the house as soon as possible.

by Anonymousreply 154October 15, 2019 7:05 PM

"It made me look like a mad queen flying over Hollywood Boulevard in charge of all the other queens,” Bowers says. A former U.S. Marine, he insists he prefers women. (He has been married to one for the last 28 years.) “It made me look very gay, like I was the No. 1 gay person in Hollywood.”

So he was mentally disturbed, a pervert, and a homophobe too.

What a surprise!

by Anonymousreply 155October 15, 2019 7:07 PM

The Charles Laughton shit sandwich story was included in Hollywood Babylon, which was published almost 50 years before Bowers' book. True or not, it has been public knowledge for a very long time.

by Anonymousreply 156October 15, 2019 7:10 PM

R154, Bernsen did Psych for years, and I'm assuming is the followup movies, so he didn't totally disappeared.

Geezzz. I just checked on IMDB. Bernsen has 26 credits for 2019.

by Anonymousreply 157October 15, 2019 7:11 PM

[quote]The property was willed to BOWERS, not Bernsen. He only gets it today...after Bower's death.

It was willed to Bernsen with strings attached. Bowers couldn't sell the property. He didn't own it outright.

by Anonymousreply 158October 15, 2019 7:13 PM

[quote]Dogs eat shit, cats eat shit,

and little lambs eat ivy.

by Anonymousreply 159October 15, 2019 7:16 PM

That's called desperate for work R158. TWENTY credits this year, and none of them newsworthy.

by Anonymousreply 160October 15, 2019 7:18 PM

It’s more like some people can’t stand the thought of their precious icons like Katherine Hepburn or Spencer Tracy being gay, R103. Or hiring hookers.

by Anonymousreply 161October 15, 2019 7:34 PM

Fuck you Imgur I'm not giving you my phone number!

by Anonymousreply 162October 15, 2019 7:37 PM

[quote]Fuck you Imgur I'm not giving you my phone number!

Not for a nude picture of ugly Scotty Bowers.

by Anonymousreply 163October 15, 2019 7:38 PM

[quote]That's called desperate for work [R158]. TWENTY credits this year, and none of them newsworthy.

Corbin Bernsen was a mediocre tv actor. He's actually done quite well for himself. Yes, he'll appear at the opening of a supermarket, but he's getting paid.

by Anonymousreply 164October 15, 2019 7:39 PM

That’s not the only reason he would only talk about dead celebrities, R113.

Confidentiality is a hooker’s stock in trade! Hoes can’t can’t divulge their dalliances. No one would hire them!!!

Scotty didn’t want to adversely affect his clients that were still alive. He explained as much in the documentary. Outing his clients’ behavior would cause divorces, scandals, lost jobs, excommunications, disbarments, and fans and ticket buyers retaliating on the movie stars.

If a hooker isn’t discreet, they’re not a good hooker. Scotty’s silence on the living clients was classy.

by Anonymousreply 165October 15, 2019 7:42 PM

[quote]He was a complete charlatan. The idea that George Cukor was a nice guy was nonsense--from that point onward the book seemed totally suspicious to me.

How fucking old are you? Were you there? Maybe Cukor was nasty in public because he was deeply closeted and unhappy but wonderful to Scotty because he was able to be his real self.

by Anonymousreply 166October 15, 2019 7:54 PM

"Perhaps. Or it could be that James Curtis is the one who's full of shit. Where is the back-up for HIM, the people vouching for HIS veracity?"

Well, his book IS well researched and well documented. It contains pages and pages of notes and sources; it has a bibliography and index. It contains information and direct quotes from people who actually knew both Spencer Tracy and Katherine Hepburn. It contains 124 photos. David Thomson from the New York Review of Books called it "Definitive...well written...I marvel at the research." Douglass K. Daniel from the Associated Press: "James Curtis is an excellent researcher and writer . . . definitive . . . belongs in the classic movie fan’s library.” Kirkus Reviews: “Impeccably researched . . . a monumental, definitive biography of one of the finest film actors in the history of the medium.” Booklist: "A balanced and intriguing look at one of the screen’s greatest actors . . . Curtis has obtained access to everything from Tracy’s datebooks to his health records . . . all of this research makes possible an incredibly detailed account of Tracy’s life ." Well. Is that enough "back up" and "vouching" for you?

by Anonymousreply 167October 15, 2019 8:25 PM

Some people simply are born with a much more open attitude about sex. I imagine Scotty's childhood involvement in sex with men also helped to condition him so that when he grew up sex with men or women was no big deal. He did seem to have a preference for women. But he wasn't so closed minded as to not see that occasional sex with men could be pleasurable as well.

by Anonymousreply 168October 15, 2019 8:27 PM

"The Charles Laughton shit sandwich story was included in Hollywood Babylon, which was published almost 50 years before Bowers' book."

Uh, no. I have "Hollywood Babylon." Nowhere does it say one single thing about Charles Laughton eating shit sandwiches.

by Anonymousreply 169October 15, 2019 8:27 PM

r169 Which edition? You probably have the later censored edition.

by Anonymousreply 170October 15, 2019 8:30 PM

"Maybe Cukor was nasty in public because he was deeply closeted and unhappy but wonderful to Scotty because he was able to be his real self."

Or maybe Scotty was lying about the whole thing. That's certainly a possibility.

by Anonymousreply 171October 15, 2019 8:33 PM

People can lead very strange lives. None more so than entertainment celebrities who have to be very careful about what they let even their closest friends and family know about their private lives. They would have been much more careful back in those days. They may tell one friend about some aspects but keep other aspects secret, yet reveal those secret aspect to certain other friends. It's all about who you trust with what information. People die all the time and some of their friends and family find out things about them after death they had no knowledge of at all. While other friends and family may have known about it all along.

by Anonymousreply 172October 15, 2019 8:33 PM

I suspect Scotty's book is a mixture of the truth, exaggerations & flat-out lies, like most autobiographies.

by Anonymousreply 173October 15, 2019 8:44 PM

Scotty was pretty cute when young. Perhaps he was one of the attractive naked young men at Cukor's pool parties for the middle aged Hollywood queers. It's not such a stretch that he also became a friendly acquaintance of Cukor. Cukor himself was known to be matter of fact about sex, knew he was unattractive and accepted the fact he had to pay for it. No quid pro quo. Purely business. And maybe he liked Scotty for the same reason.

Lew Ayres said he knew Cukor was gay when he went to be coached by him for Western Front. He was nervous that he would put the moves on him. That's what queers in showbusiness do. But he said Cukor was a complete professional. Ayres then went on to give a beautiful performance under Cukor's direction in Holiday.

by Anonymousreply 174October 15, 2019 8:50 PM

"Which edition? You probably have the later censored edition."

Of course you realize that "Hollywood Babylon", in ANY edition, was full of lies, don't you? Kenneth Anger is as full of shit as Bowers was.

by Anonymousreply 175October 15, 2019 8:51 PM

r175 Did you read what I said in r156 ?

[quote]True or not, it has been public knowledge for a very long time.

I never claimed it was true, whether in Hollywood Babylon or Bowers' book. I simply stated that Bowers repeated a very old story. Which actually makes Bowers less credible.

by Anonymousreply 176October 15, 2019 9:03 PM

"I think Scotty Bowers probably had one of the healthiest attitudes about sex ever."

You must be nuts. HE RAPED ANIMALS.

by Anonymousreply 177October 15, 2019 9:03 PM

If William Mann , Kenneth Anger, Darwin Porter, and Scotty Bowers are all full of shit , is anyone who writes about celebrities full of shit too ?

by Anonymousreply 178October 15, 2019 9:04 PM

Quite true r172. Even your close friends and family can be in the dark about your sex life.

Sex workers see a side of a human being that the rest of the world often doesn't. They are alone in the room with them.

by Anonymousreply 179October 15, 2019 9:06 PM

I saw the documentary. I saw no mention of raping animals.

by Anonymousreply 180October 15, 2019 9:06 PM

Watch it again r180. It is true that Scotty Bowers has talked about how he had sex with animals. He grew up on a farm.

by Anonymousreply 181October 15, 2019 9:08 PM

Let's be honest, feminine hysteria has gotten into the well water. We're having a moment in American culture: Male-hate, WHITE male hate specifically, and a all-you-can-eat victimization banquet. Give us a moment. We're verklempt.

by Anonymousreply 182October 15, 2019 9:11 PM

Billy Wilder was a close friend of Laughton and had endless admiration for him and would have to have known the stories about him eating shit. I'd like to think he wouldn't have been such a close friend if he knew Laughton actually did it. I consider Laughton to be one of the greatest most astonishing actors in film. I don't want to believe it. It would ruin my own admiration for the man.

by Anonymousreply 183October 15, 2019 9:11 PM

^an*

by Anonymousreply 184October 15, 2019 9:11 PM

R183- poor little muffin. Your wee wittle bubble went pop!

by Anonymousreply 185October 15, 2019 9:15 PM

R185 doesn't care if his own favorite actors and actresses like to give blow jobs and rim jobs to camels. In fact he even likes to think about it.

by Anonymousreply 186October 15, 2019 9:22 PM

He was into bestiality, pedophilia and incest. He was a whack job.

by Anonymousreply 187October 15, 2019 9:23 PM

"If William Mann , Kenneth Anger, Darwin Porter, and Scotty Bowers are all full of shit , is anyone who writes about celebrities full of shit too ?"

No. There are well written, well researched celebrity bios out there. Among them are "Louise Brooks" by Barry Paris, "Richard Burton: A Life" by Melvyn Bragg, "Played Out: The Jean Sebring Story" by David Richards and "Monty: A Biography of Montgomery Clift" by Robert La Guardia.

by Anonymousreply 188October 15, 2019 9:25 PM

Like has been said in this thread, Bowers was sexually abused from a young age and that often leads to very promiscuous sexual behavior. He might not have wanted to acknowledge it, but it is textbook.

But hey, he seemed like he enjoyed his life, so whatever.

by Anonymousreply 189October 15, 2019 9:25 PM

R180, The part where he's talking about his relationship with Alfred Kinsey, he mentions he had to fill out the Kinsey sexuality 'questionnaire' and answered "YES" for everything. He was boastful that he was the first and only one to have ever completed it. He said man, woman, animals...etc he's done it all.

by Anonymousreply 190October 15, 2019 9:30 PM

He certainly didn't seem to be seething with bitterness and rage over what happened to him and what he did with his life. It's like he was attractive, enjoyed sex and it came easily to him. Kind of like Lana Turner saying 'I liked men and men liked me.'

by Anonymousreply 191October 15, 2019 9:31 PM

Scotty was no Harvey Weinstein, it's true. All the animal-rape, pedophilia, necrophilia, coprophilia, and poodle hair sreeching in the world doesn't change that fact. Now there's a mountain of dung.

by Anonymousreply 192October 15, 2019 9:35 PM

Yes, he said he "did it all"...with everybody. Everybody in Hollywood, and even with British royalty. Which is why everything he says is suspect. I think he may have been promiscuous. But promiscuous with all of Hollywood? And procuring for all of Hollywood? That I do not believe. He tried to make a name for himself late in life by promoting himself as "Pimp To The Stars." But he was definitely a con artist, trying to make money and fame by telling lurid tales about people who have long been dead and are not here to verify or refute his claims. What an incredibly slimy thing to do.

by Anonymousreply 193October 15, 2019 9:37 PM

Who is accusing him of that r192?

He provided reliable and discreet sex to people that wanted it, especially in a very homophobic society where discretion for closeted stars was paramount to their career, that was a great service.

by Anonymousreply 194October 15, 2019 9:37 PM

What exactly do you believe r193? I mean we know he ran in Hollywood circles, he was providing sexual services for some people in Hollywood.

No one will ever know if every story he told was true though.

I guess I am not sure what point you are trying to make.

by Anonymousreply 195October 15, 2019 9:39 PM

The documentary was unwatchable shit. Dribble

by Anonymousreply 196October 15, 2019 9:42 PM

R143, Bowers also got a lot more customers for his gas station. Plus his main clients hired him as a bartender at frequent parties. So he was paid for his "matchmaking" services indirectly.

by Anonymousreply 197October 15, 2019 9:47 PM

Bowers beat dirty old Hollywood at its own game and without losing an ounce of his self respect, LOL. "Mr. Bowers Goes To Hollywood". The establishment hates him for it.

by Anonymousreply 198October 15, 2019 9:58 PM

[quote]I always thought it was common knowledge that Charles Laughton was into shit. Henry Fonda once said he was the most disgusting person.

I'd read about Laughton before I even heard of Scotty. So it was no big surprise. Just disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 199October 15, 2019 10:11 PM

[quote] But promiscuous with all of Hollywood?

Good God man, are you thick? Of course he didn't mean he had sex with every single movie star in Hollywood. It was just a figure of speech, as if to say he did it with a large number of people. Are you completely unable to read between the lines?

by Anonymousreply 200October 15, 2019 10:15 PM

[quote] The documentary was unwatchable shit. Dribble

Well smell you Sir Laurence Olivier.

by Anonymousreply 201October 15, 2019 10:18 PM

R182 is a white supremacist Republican who thinks white men are the real victims!

You are the one playing the victim.

by Anonymousreply 202October 15, 2019 10:22 PM

Where

by Anonymousreply 203October 15, 2019 10:22 PM

Where is the Strickling Files guy? He confirmed some of what Scotty wrote but said that other things were untrue. He said that Hepburn really did like the ladies but Spencer was straight and a womanizer

by Anonymousreply 204October 15, 2019 10:27 PM

How exactly would Bowers 'make a name for himself' by admitting that he'd fucked animals? And why would he lie about something like that? What does he have to gain by telling such a lie?

by Anonymousreply 205October 15, 2019 10:27 PM

Some people just don’t have filters. This trait becomes even more pronounced with age.

by Anonymousreply 206October 15, 2019 10:36 PM

The day it hit bookstores, a friend and I bought it and read it in one sitting. I ended up really liking Scotty's voice and believed everything he wrote. My friend didn't believe a word. Go figure.

by Anonymousreply 207October 15, 2019 10:36 PM

Well I think it a bit odd that Tracy was a mentor to such young men as Van Johnson and Tom Drake. Johnson could have been easily replaced in that film he did with Dunne but Tracy insisted that it be held up for Johnson's recovery from a car crash. That was an extreme delay for a big film on the MGM assembly line. Clearly Tracy was very powerful at this time and he was just being kind to a young actor?

by Anonymousreply 208October 15, 2019 10:39 PM

r186- they don’t , and if they did, I don’t care. Just not something I think about and also has nothing to do with Scottys book and the dicumentary.

by Anonymousreply 209October 15, 2019 10:39 PM

R207, you're obviously simpatico, and you're friend is a dolt.

by Anonymousreply 210October 15, 2019 10:40 PM

[quote] The documentary was unwatchable shit.

Oh, really? Tell me more!

by Anonymousreply 211October 15, 2019 10:40 PM

^^^ LOL LOL LOL

by Anonymousreply 212October 15, 2019 10:45 PM

I choked up a little when he spoke of his brother who died in the war. It was so heartbreaking. I imagine this is why he didn't want to discuss the death of his daughter. He kept looking ahead. He kept active and didn't let things slow him down., even when he was going in for dialysis. Scotty was a warmhearted, goodlooking man. But he had to have been paid in some way for his services. I didn't really believe he never took a cent for his hookups. Figured he didn't want to be sued for back taxes.

by Anonymousreply 213October 15, 2019 10:46 PM

And for years people wondered why I never kissed my husband.

by Anonymousreply 214October 15, 2019 10:46 PM

In the documentary, it was so cute how he flipped through the Cat Fancy magazines. He really loved pussy.

I identified with Scotty because I also never felt anything but great about sex starting from a young age.

by Anonymousreply 215October 15, 2019 10:50 PM

Being well liked was good for Bowers. "Things always have a way of working out," he said in the documentary. Didn't someone leave him a house, for example?

by Anonymousreply 216October 15, 2019 10:53 PM

The whole idea that scotty didn't keep a single penny for himself is a total crock of shit. He doesn't want to admit he was a pimp, because that is admitting to committing a crime. He was playing it safe.

That said, I believe him. I too, was sexually abused as a child and as an adult I was always confused that I didn't cry over it, or think negatively about the men who seduced me. I was 12, and I always thought of it as consensual, since I sought out the sex. Like scotty, I enjoyed it, too. ( I just wish I had been smart enough to charge for it! ) Until I read his book and watched the documentary, I had never heard another person, express the same sentiment, about not feeling traumatized by it. But, my abuse made me a hypersexual teen and adult, so it makes perfect sense to me that he would end up an escort and pimp, working in the sex trade.

by Anonymousreply 217October 15, 2019 10:55 PM

?What exactly do you believe?"

I don't believe any of the Hollywood stars he said he fucked or procured for had anything to do with him or even knew he existed. That's what I think.

by Anonymousreply 218October 15, 2019 11:00 PM

Beach Dickerson (a B movie actor) willed Scotty three houses. Beach was godfather to Corbin Bernsen.

by Anonymousreply 219October 15, 2019 11:02 PM

Lucille Ball walked up to him and slapped him across the face at a Hollywood party at which he was bartending. She heard him and Desi setting up dates on the extension. What a life! I also liked his revelation about Vivien Leigh being a screamer in bed, another tidbit I'd read in other books.

by Anonymousreply 220October 15, 2019 11:04 PM

"How exactly would Bowers 'make a name for himself' by admitting that he'd fucked animals? And why would he lie about something like that? What does he have to gain by telling such a lie?"

He tried to make a name for himself by saying he fucked everybody in Hollywood and procured for everybody in Hollywood. As for admitting to fucking animals...well, I think he just wanted to drive home the notion that he was some kind of super duper sex machine who fucked anything, any time, anywhere, a being so sexual that he would turn to animals for sexual pleasure. I tend to believe he did have sex with animals. I can believe he would fuck unwilling creatures who could not give consent. Bowers seemed like a very sick person.

by Anonymousreply 221October 15, 2019 11:08 PM

Some of you live sheltered lives. Boys fuck farm animals the world over. Men, too. A friend grew up on a farm with 5 brothers, "Hell yes," he laughed when I asked him. Most don't make it a habit, though, and move on to two-legged animals.

by Anonymousreply 222October 15, 2019 11:12 PM

Many farm boys fuck the farm animals at some point because they're stuck out there with nothing to do and their loins are burning for some penetration, so they find the closest thing available.

by Anonymousreply 223October 15, 2019 11:22 PM

Beats a knot hole in a fence post, I reckon'.

by Anonymousreply 224October 15, 2019 11:23 PM

The animals were asking for it!!

by Anonymousreply 225October 15, 2019 11:42 PM

[quote]He provided reliable and discreet sex to people that wanted it

I don't know how discreet it was. He says in the documentary that at the gas station, he used to drill holes in the wall and charge people to watch other people having sex.

by Anonymousreply 226October 16, 2019 12:06 AM

Scotty portrays a world in which all the Hollywood stars were so gracious about his service and everyone was so sexually happy. Was the sex ever bad for any of these stars? Did any of them ever say, "Fuck you, Bowers, that last piece of shit you sent over just laid there." It's a bit of a stretch to believe all these people loved Scotty and used him for years and every trick was successful and none of the tricks ever told their friends, "Hey I just fucked Spencer Tracy." I think a few fucked up individuals like Paul Lynde used Scotty, and of course behind the scenes people like costume designers and art directors. But I have trouble with the high profile stars. Why would Desi Arnaz need Scotty?

by Anonymousreply 227October 16, 2019 12:15 AM

Danny Thomas willed his glass coffee table to Scotty, you know.

by Anonymousreply 228October 16, 2019 12:18 AM

I'm taking mine with me.

by Anonymousreply 229October 16, 2019 12:38 AM

Desi needed Scotty because he was perpetually horny and a big TV star at the time. He needed discretion. Scotty mentioned that it was a big MGM set designer (hairdresser) (?) who really gave Scotty's business a big boost.

by Anonymousreply 230October 16, 2019 12:43 AM

It wasn't only Laughton who was into shit. Scotty claimed Tyrone Power was also a "doo doo queen."E

by Anonymousreply 231October 16, 2019 12:48 AM

It's really funny to see some here who obviously think it's impossible that big movie stars would ever consort with someone as lcommon as Scotty Bowers, a lowly gas station attendant. My God, Elizabeth Taylor found herself a redneck construction worker addict,and she married the guy. You forget that in the vast majority of cases big movie stars come from perfectly normal backgrounds, some middle class, some poor as dirt, and some wealthy. But just because they become movie stars and live in multi million dollar homes doesn't mean they're any different in private than they were when they were just Joe Schmoes from Sheboygan. If they were trashy horn dogs who skulked around sleazy places looking for some tail when they were poor, they're more than likely trashy horn dogs skulking around sleazy places looking for some tail after they're rich. Scotty Bowers just made it a lot easier for the stars who availed themselves of his services.

And regarding Desi Arnaz. Desi was well known to cruise Hollywood Blvd. for years picking up street whores. And let's not forget Hugh Grant, arrested with a black street whore's mouth on his dick.in his car off Sunset Blvd..

by Anonymousreply 232October 16, 2019 12:48 AM

r232 100% agree. I worked in hollywood for 20 years, and just because someone got a part on a tv show doesn't mean they suddenly developed "class". Far from it. "You can take the trash out of the trailer park"... you know the rest.

by Anonymousreply 233October 16, 2019 12:59 AM

R230, "Bowers made additional connections through Sydney Guilaroff, hairstylist to the stars, and B. Willis, one of MGM's top set decorators."

by Anonymousreply 234October 16, 2019 1:10 AM

Loved what Scotty said about Monty Clift:

"[Clift was] a temperamental, moody queen with a surprisingly vicious tongue."

He said Clift made no secret of feeling superior to the rest of Bowers's clientele. Clift was prone to complain if anything upset him, once telling Bowers a trick's "prick was too long." He also commented upon the hairstylings of the partner Bowers picked for him, as well as complaints about their feet and other problematic features.

by Anonymousreply 235October 16, 2019 1:15 AM

What did Scotty say about Bette Davis?

by Anonymousreply 236October 16, 2019 1:22 AM

What a dump!

by Anonymousreply 237October 16, 2019 1:26 AM

R237 for the win!

by Anonymousreply 238October 16, 2019 1:32 AM

The man had the AUDACITY to offer me a bite of his sandwich. He KNEW I was dieting!

by Anonymousreply 239October 16, 2019 1:34 AM

Such an odd thread and reaction to a harmless fellow. Some of you really are naive of the closeted world of days gone by and the way it was skirted by even the most established and powerful if need be: discretion was the operative word. Scotty was the perfect conduit. That’s all. And for Gods sake- sex is fun and perhaps the greatest thrill in life when it works out. I love his attitude. And he remained with one partner (wife) for 63 years. I love his response to people like those on this thread tearing him down: I did nothing wrong and nothing was wrong with the people I helped have fun. He was right on. The kinky stuff is the exception, not the rule- kink has always been- and so what? How does it hurt you?

by Anonymousreply 240October 16, 2019 1:35 AM

Ehhhh.....make like Ripley and believe it.....

by Anonymousreply 241October 16, 2019 1:37 AM

And for those who didn't read the book, the trick Scotty took over to Laughton's house told him that Laughton asked him for a small sample of his stool when he went to the toilet and Laughton then smeared it on a sandwich he had made for himself. Let's just say it was a flavor accompaniment. It wasn't like he ate a big old shit po boy.

by Anonymousreply 242October 16, 2019 1:41 AM

"I think a few fucked up individuals like Paul Lynde used Scotty, and of course behind the scenes people like costume designers and art directors. But I have trouble with the high profile stars."

If high profile stars wanted someone to procure sex for them they sure as hell would not have gone to some nobody, a lowly gas station attendant, to get it. That's just ridiculous. They'd go to someone with al lot more class. And someone like Katherine Hepburn would not have thought someone like Scotty Bowers good enough to spit on, much less have him procure lesbian sex for her 150 times. Yes, that's right, he said he procured lesbian sex for Hepburn at least 150 times. Bowers was such an insane liar.

by Anonymousreply 243October 16, 2019 1:46 AM

[quote] And let's not forget Hugh Grant, arrested with a black street whore's mouth on his dick.

And Eddie Murphy, caught with a tranny whore!

by Anonymousreply 244October 16, 2019 1:46 AM

You act like you knew these people, r243. You didn’t. In reality, it’s all supposition based on your own biases and notions. You don’t have the definitive answer here, so stop pretending that you do.

by Anonymousreply 245October 16, 2019 1:48 AM

[quote] Scotty claimed Tyrone Power was also a "doo doo queen."

What exactly did that mean in Power’s case? And let’s not forget Danny Thomas and his glass coffee table.

by Anonymousreply 246October 16, 2019 1:50 AM

I don't really understand the satisfaction of a shit sandwich. Are you jerking off while eating it?

by Anonymousreply 247October 16, 2019 1:55 AM

Scotty said Power was into getting pissed on and occasionally shit on as well. That's one kink I don't understand.

by Anonymousreply 248October 16, 2019 1:59 AM

Where can I see this documentary?

by Anonymousreply 249October 16, 2019 2:14 AM

It's on Amazon r249.

by Anonymousreply 250October 16, 2019 2:17 AM

[quote] If high profile stars wanted someone to procure sex for them they sure as hell would not have gone to some nobody, a lowly gas station attendant, to get it. That's just ridiculous.

No, what's ridiculous is your juvenile, and incredibly narrow idea of how celebrities really live.

by Anonymousreply 251October 16, 2019 2:17 AM

I just can't see Katharine Hepburn giving a gas station attendant the time of day. She was a terrible snob.

by Anonymousreply 252October 16, 2019 2:26 AM

Do people commenting even know anything about the Scotty Bowers story? He stopped working at the gas station in the early 50s.

He had built up enough contacts and he didn't want to be associated with something that he thought was prime to get busted by the cops. This is all covered heavily in the book/documentary.

by Anonymousreply 253October 16, 2019 2:29 AM

"I also liked his revelation about Vivien Leigh being a screamer in bed, another tidbit I'd read in other books."

He probably read it in books, too. All his "info" seems cobbled together from other sources, very little of his info seems truly "inside"

by Anonymousreply 254October 16, 2019 2:38 AM

did he really fix tom hanks up with guys and gals?

by Anonymousreply 255October 16, 2019 2:44 AM

And there is nothing lowly about Bowers or being a gas station attendant. He was in the Battle of Iwo Jima you know- look into it sometime. I know a number of extremely successful and wealthy individuals with human decency and integrity who recognize the same in anyone- not just the famous rich and successful. Bowers was fun, hot, loyal, and discrete. It’s easy to see why Hepburn or Grant would like him.

by Anonymousreply 256October 16, 2019 2:45 AM

All of Bowers early hustlers were guys like him, WW2 vets who didn't want to go back to their small town life.

by Anonymousreply 257October 16, 2019 2:45 AM

"No, what's ridiculous is your juvenile, and incredibly narrow idea of how celebrities really live."

I suppose you consider yourself an authority on how they live. At any rate, nothing Bowers says is plausible. Only very naive, gullible people who believe anything would believe this crazy stories.

By the way, there's a blog called The Daily Mirror that did a series called "Full Service: Fun With Fact Checking." It has 26 sections. Here's an excerpt from just one of them:

So I decided it would be fun to go through the book and give it a bit of fact-checking. This is a tedious, time-consuming task (longtime readers may recall “Blogging the Wolfe Book”) and I can’t promise how far I’ll get.

But, frankly, the first impression isn’t good. Remember the subtitle? “My Adventures in Hollywood and the Secret Sex Lives of the Stars.”

I flipped through the photos and except for a couple of childhood snapshots, one portrait from World War II and a current picture, all the rest are file photos “from the Neal Peters Collection.” I would sort of expect that someone who had nearly uncountable trysts with the stars might have gotten at least one inscribed picture. You know, “Oh you kid! –Franklin Pangborn” or something like that.

For that matter, there’s no picture of the gas station where Bowers supposedly worked. Instead we get some unidentified Richfield station with the caption: “Sadly, I don’t have a photo of the Hollywood Boulevard gas station, but it looked much like this one.”

And on Page IX, we find this little bon mot: “A few decades ago, my good buddy Tennessee Williams began writing his own account of my life but before it saw the light of day I told him to destroy it.”

Oh really?

Alas, “Full Service” isn’t indexed, but Amazon’s “look inside” feature shows that an account of Williams’ purported biography of Bowers appears on Page 251-253. Because there’s no date to peg the incident, let’s put it aside for the moment and do a little digging – in the finding aid for Tennessee Williams’ papers at Columbia University – just to see if maybe there’s a little tidbit about his “good buddy.” I suppose you would be surprised if I said there’s not a word about Bowers. Why look at this! Williams saved his address books and datebooks. Too bad they’re at Columbia, it might be fun to dig.

And look at this: A catalog of 11 linear feet of Williams’ works. Don’t see anything about a Bowers biography, though.

Gosh, the first paragraph and we’re already in trouble.

by Anonymousreply 258October 16, 2019 2:46 AM

r258 still trying to doubt the existence of the gas station! I called this back at r45. Girl, you need new talking points.

Pictures of it were found independent of Scotty after the publishing of the book, and he even drags out some old pictures for the documentary.

Try not to use the same tired lines since 2008. And since that book has come out, many comtemporaries that are still alive have come forward to vouch for Scotty. But you guys still use the same talking points of there is no proof!!1111!!!

It's tired.

by Anonymousreply 259October 16, 2019 2:51 AM

Here's an excerpt from his book. If this rest of it is as bad as this paragraph I'd rather eat dirt than read it:

"I felt myself reminiscing about dear and wonderful friends, all long departed. Oh, Kate, Spence, Judy, Tyrone, George, Cary, Rita, Charles, Randolph, Edith, Vivien, I thought … where are you all now? Do you look down at me from wherever you are and chuckle as you watch me mulling over how our lives intersected? What should I make of all those incredible adventures we enjoyed together? What do you beautiful souls think of the nostalgia now welling up within me? Am I resurrecting moments from yesterday simply because I want to dust them off and discard them or because I want to burnish them more brightly and hold on to them more endearingly?"

And this is who he claims to have fucked, aside from all the great Hollywood stars:

"There were politicians, judges, bankers, doctors, industrialists, newspaper columnists, even kings and queens. Not all were rich and famous. There were also plain, regular men and women whose names I shall never be able to recall. But I knew them all. Intimately."

HAHAHA! The lowly gas station attendant fucked "even kings and queens." Well, queens maybe.

by Anonymousreply 260October 16, 2019 2:51 AM

Trolls gotta troll.

by Anonymousreply 261October 16, 2019 2:56 AM

It's just so idiotic. It has to become this massive conspiracy.

Gore Vidal? He is a liar! Debbie Reynolds? She is a liar! John Schlesinger? He is a liar!

Everyone in Hollywood that vouches that Scotty was a hustler who moved among Hollywood crowds is making it all up!!! It is a giant conspiracy, he actually knew no one!!!!

I mean I can get not believing every story he says, I don't believe every single story he said, but some people's refusal to believe basic facts of who he was is pathological. I honestly don't get it.

by Anonymousreply 262October 16, 2019 3:01 AM

"There were politicians, judges, bankers, doctors, industrialists, newspaper columnists, even kings and queens. Not all were rich and famous. There were also plain, regular men and women whose names I shall never be able to recall. But I knew them all. Intimately."

Kings and queens? Oh, puhlease.

by Anonymousreply 263October 16, 2019 3:05 AM

"Everyone in Hollywood that vouches that Scotty was a hustler who moved among Hollywood crowds is making it all up!!! It is a giant conspiracy, he actually knew no one!!!!"

Who said that? He was probably some two bit hustler sleazebag who couldn't keep his dick in his pants. I don't think anybody really doubts that much. But fucking prominent Hollywood stars? Fucking practically ALL the great Hollywood stars of the era? And procuring for them? And fucking kings and queens? Anybody who would believe THAT is frighteningly gullible.

by Anonymousreply 264October 16, 2019 3:06 AM

[quote]Fucking practically ALL the great Hollywood stars of the era? And procuring for them? And fucking kings and queens? Anybody who would believe THAT is frighteningly gullible.

Beg to differ. Common whores are set up with royalty all the time, even today.

by Anonymousreply 265October 16, 2019 3:10 AM

R177, so you interviewed the animals to determine they were raped? I mean, RAPED!!!

by Anonymousreply 266October 16, 2019 3:13 AM

r265, there's no evidence that he even met royalty

by Anonymousreply 267October 16, 2019 3:14 AM

R264, tell it to Raymond Burr's husband and others who backed up the stories in Bower's autobiography.

by Anonymousreply 268October 16, 2019 3:14 AM

R266, animals can't give consent. Any human being who fucks them is forcing themselves on them. Are YOU into bestiality like good old Scotty?

by Anonymousreply 269October 16, 2019 3:15 AM

r268, he did back up the stuff about Burr. He did not back up the stuff about Spencer Tracy, the Duke and Duchess of Windsor, etc.

by Anonymousreply 270October 16, 2019 3:17 AM

The Duchess of Windsor did have an affair with a gay man, but not with the lowly gas station attendant Scotty Bowers. Her gay lover was Jimmy Donahue, heir to the Woolworth estate and Barbara Hutton's wild cousin. Jimmy Donahue was amusing and exciting and rich. He greatly appealed to Wallis Simpson. Wallis Simpson wouldn't have touched Scotty Bowers with a ten foot pole. She would never stoop so low.

by Anonymousreply 271October 16, 2019 3:24 AM

When I read it, I thought only 10% to 20% could possibly be true. It all seemed totally implausible. But the documentary brought more evidence to life. One was a find in one of his hoarding garages of a box of pictures. (Many pictures of Scotty as a bartender for a private party, hanging over and being hung over by movie stars of the 50s and 60s.) There were also a few porn clips of him, naked, having sex, and he was hung. As I recall the clips showed him having sex with a man and a woman, so the bisexual part is probably true, and the willingness of people to hire him for sex was probably true. There were also interviews with some of the people who he set up to escort movie stars, and they vouched for that part of his story. They talked a bit about how they had originally met him and how the stars they were with had provided for them. So after watching the documentary, I upped the percentage that might be true to about 50%. The rest was clearly made up or cribbed from gossipy but unverifiable stories that he heard from other gay people in Hollywood. Imagine if someone took all the gossip from DL about stars as fact and wrote a tell-all autobiography from those stories. ("My best friend's brother swore that he slept with.Tammy Cruz and that he had a huge dick"). Entertaining stuff , but the odds of it being true are practically zero to none.

by Anonymousreply 272October 16, 2019 3:35 AM

[quote]I just can't see Katharine Hepburn giving a gas station attendant the time of day. She was a terrible snob.

And no one believes she preferred seafood over beef.

by Anonymousreply 273October 16, 2019 3:36 AM

[quote] Scotty said Power was into getting pissed on

Monty Clift liked to be pissed on and have cigarettes put out on his chest. Plus, he was the man for whom the “Princess Tinymeat” sobriquet was invented. It’s no wonder he was prickly and judgmental.

by Anonymousreply 274October 16, 2019 3:50 AM

I've know plenty a snob who drops the airs and graces when it comes to sex and want they want

by Anonymousreply 275October 16, 2019 3:53 AM

;The Duchess of Windsor did have an affair with a gay man, but not with the lowly gas station attendant Scotty Bowers. Her gay lover was Jimmy Donahue, heir to the Woolworth estate and Barbara Hutton's wild cousin. Jimmy Donahue was amusing and exciting and rich. He greatly appealed to Wallis Simpson. Wallis Simpson wouldn't have touched Scotty Bowers with a ten foot pole. She would never stoop so low.'

Jimmy Donahue was a camp queen , he never touched a woman in his life least of all the aging, ugly Wallis Simpson, it was purely a fag and fag hag friendship. You'd be surprised how some people lower their standards when it comes to sex and hormones and attraction.

by Anonymousreply 276October 16, 2019 3:59 AM

[quote]Wallis Simpson wouldn't have touched Scotty Bowers with a ten foot pole. She would never stoop so low.

Ever heard of slumming? Rough trade? These are both dated expressions but for some people they hold a timeless appeal. Fucking outside one's socioeconomic class: it's a thing.

by Anonymousreply 277October 16, 2019 4:14 AM

Yeah, r277, it's a thing for men. Women want to fuck rich guys. Look at the other guys Wallis was with. They were rich.

by Anonymousreply 278October 16, 2019 4:16 AM

R278 has never met a woman.

Fucking a bad boy from the wrong side of the tracks has been dominant fantasy for decades for a reason.

Women want to marry rich guys, bad boys are for fun.

by Anonymousreply 279October 16, 2019 4:20 AM

She fucked rich men for their money, not for sexual pleasure, you daft cunt! For sexual pleasure she sunk to hot rough trade.

by Anonymousreply 280October 16, 2019 4:20 AM

Bowers claimed to have had sex with an in drag J. Edgar Hoover! And set up a young Rock Hudson with Cary Grant.

by Anonymousreply 281October 16, 2019 4:26 AM

Some of you are so ignorant and naïve if you believe that famous people, and people in general, are only ever as they present themselves to be.

by Anonymousreply 282October 16, 2019 4:30 AM

I liked the book, believe most of it. He made some decent coin the last decade of his life. His daughter died of a botched abortion prior to abortion being legal which was around 1973. He got a lifes interest in 2 houses in the hollywood hills from a close friend that I think was a minor actor or in the entertainment business in some capacity and now they revert to the actor corbin benson according to the terms of that persons will. I would agree his estate would be an awful mess simply because Scotty never thru anything out in 95 years. The documentary I found depressing mostly because I am a neat freak, but also because Scottys life completely centered around sex. His relationship with his first common law wife was sad as Scotty was constantly never home as he was out fucking around every nite. Consequently his job as a father was not good as he was absent constantly.

So he knew everybody and got constantly laid but its probably not great that is his only lasting legacy.

by Anonymousreply 283October 16, 2019 8:12 AM

The anti-Scotty Bowers troll (a bit loony) is pathetic, it's so obsessed with trying to prove its case that none of it's true. Well, he can't prove it. It's not provable either way. The fact that he would hunt down Tennessee Williams' papers in an attempt to disprove it just shows how deeply disturbed this person is.

by Anonymousreply 284October 16, 2019 10:11 AM

[quote]Wallis Simpson wouldn't have touched Scotty Bowers with a ten foot pole.

You keep spouting that. But you didn't know her, so shut up.

by Anonymousreply 285October 16, 2019 10:13 AM

[quoteBowers claimed to have had sex with an in drag J. Edgar Hoover! And set up a young Rock Hudson with Cary Grant.

Prove he didn't.

by Anonymousreply 286October 16, 2019 10:18 AM

R262, you took the words right out of r103's mouth.

by Anonymousreply 287October 16, 2019 10:24 AM

R271- but she did- and why do you think she was stooping so low, lol? An American adventurist who would sell her mother to get access to something she wanted. As I’ve said many times on these Scotty threads- everything he wrote about is true, I’ve known about him since the 1970s-

by Anonymousreply 288October 16, 2019 11:33 AM

[quote]He was probably some two bit hustler sleazebag who couldn't keep his dick in his pants.

Fortunately for the world r264, it seems obvious that you have never had call to take your dick out of your pants.

by Anonymousreply 289October 16, 2019 11:56 AM

Apart from what he wrote in the book, after seeing the documentary I believed him because of his personality. I thought Scotty was open, honest and adorable and the early photos of him had him looking like Brad Pitt. When he wasn't talking about hustling, and even when he was, I found him to be honest and very pro-gay (even if he was bi). I wonder who gets his money. He had to be a millionaire from the books, doc, and real estate.

by Anonymousreply 290October 16, 2019 12:41 PM

The fact that R258 would exert such energy in his ongoing attempts to discredit Scotty Bowers shows that he is mentally unbalanced.

by Anonymousreply 291October 16, 2019 12:42 PM

You naysayers seem to forget about what kind of person The Duchess of Windsor was. She was a money grubbing slag who would lay with whoever had the most money until she hooked (and I do mean hooked) a real King.

The ultra rich and famous often walk among the common folk, at times more intimately than most would ever conceive possible. To believe any differently is to be as an ostrich with its head in the sand.

by Anonymousreply 292October 16, 2019 12:47 PM

Bowers was a classic narcissistic sociopath.

by Anonymousreply 293October 16, 2019 12:53 PM

He keeps getting referred to as a lowly gas station attendant, but service stations back then weren't like they are today. they were really nice and had a mini diner in them. You could grab lunch and fill up you tank.

The other thing is that he worked his business out of the service station for a short time just after the war ended. Once things got up and running, He worked out of his home after that. He talks about this and his wife taking messages for him when clients called

by Anonymousreply 294October 16, 2019 12:54 PM

His prostitution business basically started the night actor Walter Pidgeon stopped by the gas station to fill up (no pun intended), and taken with Scotty's good looks invited him to "take a ride" with him. That ride turned into a torrid ongoing sexual affair between the two. Pidgeon passed Bowers’s name around among a circle of friends, and soon Bowers was making matches between celebrity clientele and a network of male and female sex workers. He eventually installed a trailer behind the gas station to host the liaisons. Business eventually got so good it would eventually expand to a nearby motel, and to the homes of Hollywood’s stars.

by Anonymousreply 295October 16, 2019 1:10 PM

[Quote] He eventually installed a trailer behind the gas station to host the liaisons. Business eventually got so good it would eventually expand to a nearby motel, and to the homes of Hollywood’s stars.

That doesn't really make sense. A trailer out back of the gas station would be to the cops like a red rag to a bull.

by Anonymousreply 296October 16, 2019 1:17 PM

Were you there? Stop over examining every minute detail of his story. Plenty things happen all the time "don't really make sense", but they still happen and will continue to happen. Life is not as cut and dry as some of you people seem to think it is.

God, some of you really must lead very sheltered lives.

by Anonymousreply 297October 16, 2019 1:20 PM

Did you watch the documentary r296? That's exactly what he said, which is why he quickly moved on from working out of the gas station. He thought the entire operation was primed to get busted by the cops.

For all the focus his gas station has gotten in this thread, he was only there from like 1946-1951.

by Anonymousreply 298October 16, 2019 1:21 PM

Does he mention the mafia?

by Anonymousreply 299October 16, 2019 1:24 PM

That’s what I was wondering, R299. If Scotty was engaging in what we would now call trafficking it seems like he would eventually attract the attention of organized crime.

by Anonymousreply 300October 16, 2019 1:42 PM

[quote]And he remained with one partner (wife) for 63 years.

???

From WaPo: During his most active years as a prostitute and as a procurer, he had a long relationship with Betty Keller. (It is unclear whether they were married.) In his book, Mr. Bowers said their daughter, Donna Bowers, died in 1968 after undergoing a botched abortion. In 1984, Mr. Bowers married singer Lois Broad, who died in 2018.

by Anonymousreply 301October 16, 2019 2:01 PM

The numbers work if Betty Keller and Scotty were together from the 40s.

by Anonymousreply 302October 16, 2019 3:02 PM

Scotty had a very, very full sex life, consorted with A-list Hollywood stars, was well spoken, well liked, and well hung. What possibly could there be for a DL denizen to be jealous of? What could possibly motivate them to run him down and slander his memory?

by Anonymousreply 303October 16, 2019 3:10 PM

Betty and Scotty got together in the 40s. They were never officially married.

Their relationship was falling apart, and yes Scotty married Lois who was the woman you see in the documentary in the 80s.

Scotty and Lois moved in together. But Betty stayed living in the old house and Scotty maintained some sort of relationship with her and visited her frequently until she died in 2008. He actually never even told Betty about his wife Lois!

But yes the person who claimed Scotty was with one partner his whole life is mistaken, he had two.

by Anonymousreply 304October 16, 2019 3:14 PM

Hi Matt! xo

by Anonymousreply 305October 16, 2019 3:17 PM

[quote]It wasn't only Laughton who was into shit. Scotty claimed Tyrone Power was also a "doo doo queen."E

The craft services table on "Witness for the Prosecution" must have been really disgusting!

by Anonymousreply 306October 16, 2019 3:46 PM

"These snacks taste a little off but familiar".

by Anonymousreply 307October 16, 2019 4:03 PM

[quote]Wallis Simpson wouldn't have touched Scotty Bowers with a ten foot pole. She would never stoop so low.

Darling, she was a Divorcee.

by Anonymousreply 308October 16, 2019 4:28 PM

The Duke and Duchess were the most decadent couple of all time- if not one of them. Their sexual partners and activities were the least of it.

by Anonymousreply 309October 16, 2019 4:48 PM

^ Obviously you would know, since you personally knew them! Oh, wait.. .

by Anonymousreply 310October 16, 2019 5:00 PM

R282, you are ignorant if you believe this guy never lied or exaggerated

R280, where is the evidence that she was into "rough trade"? Hardly any females use prostitutes, btw

R279 has never met a woman. You must be one of those gay guys who believe that gay men are women trapped in a man's body and that women have the same fantasies as you.

by Anonymousreply 311October 16, 2019 5:07 PM

Prince Andrew had his picture taken with one of Epstein's girls....but Scotty was never photographed with any big names. Funny, that.

by Anonymousreply 312October 16, 2019 5:36 PM

R310, I can read R309, I can read. Their lives have been pretty much laid bare. Scotty is the least of it. I can see why the Royal Family never let them back into the fold- not because of their sexual adventurism but so much more starting with near traitorous Nazi sympathies. And their lives as sponges of the world trading on his heritage, well... it's actually fun to read about because they were so depraved (and in his case, dumb.)

by Anonymousreply 313October 16, 2019 5:38 PM

Wasn't Princess Margaret's son caught in compromising position(s) via still photos (maybe even video)?

by Anonymousreply 314October 16, 2019 5:39 PM

^ yep

by Anonymousreply 315October 16, 2019 5:46 PM

And it was same sex.

by Anonymousreply 316October 16, 2019 5:47 PM

His explanation of why he has no documentation for any of his claims is pretty convenient

by Anonymousreply 317October 16, 2019 5:47 PM

Is Lizabeth Scott mentioned in his book?

by Anonymousreply 318October 16, 2019 5:49 PM

[quote]Prince Andrew had his picture taken with one of Epstein's girls....but Scotty was never photographed with any big names. Funny, that.

Wow, never heard of discretion? See "L.A. Confidential ", a fictional account of how ruthless the police and Hollywood rags were to the rich and famous in those days.

by Anonymousreply 319October 16, 2019 6:16 PM

303 Yeah, because we're all totally jealous of him raping barnyard animals...

by Anonymousreply 320October 16, 2019 6:16 PM

r312 Because people didn't carry around cameras in the 1950's, you dope!

by Anonymousreply 321October 16, 2019 6:30 PM

I have the feeling if someone goes through his piles of horded trash some treasures will be revealed.

by Anonymousreply 322October 16, 2019 6:30 PM

"Wow, never heard of discretion? See "L.A. Confidential ", a fictional account of how ruthless the police and Hollywood rags were to the rich and famous in those days."

Tabloids are ten times worse today but Prince Andrew still let himself be photographed with a call girl. Btw, a lot of this supposedly happened BEFORE Confidential Magazine and the the like sprang up

by Anonymousreply 323October 16, 2019 6:40 PM

[quote] Hardly any females use prostitutes, btw

And you know this how? You obviously don't know many rich single horny broads.

by Anonymousreply 324October 16, 2019 7:02 PM

R235, I'm not sure if I believe that. It wasn't a secret that Clift was moody and could be mean-spirited, his friends and acquaintances had publicly stated this to be true of him before Bowers had even met with him. Where Bowers fails is in his description of Monty's type, the thing is Monty didn't have a specific type. He dated Roddy McDowall (who was well hung,) Jack Larson, Jerome Robbins and Truman Capote. He wasn't fastidious about his partners' appearance as he was with his acting.

by Anonymousreply 325October 16, 2019 7:16 PM

R274, Where did you hear that about Montgomery Clift? I heard it was James Dean who was having an S/M relationship with Marlon Brando, with cigarette burns to the chest and all of that.

by Anonymousreply 326October 16, 2019 7:17 PM

Can you see the full photos anywhere besides Imgur?

by Anonymousreply 327October 16, 2019 7:31 PM

You can never be too rich or too thin or too depraved...

by Anonymousreply 328October 16, 2019 8:31 PM

"Monty Clift liked to be pissed on and have cigarettes put out on his chest."

I never heard anywhere that he liked to be pissed on. And I think you're mixing him up with James Dean, who was rumored to be into having cigarettes stubbed out on his chest, or at least that's what Kenneth Anger said in "Hollywood Babylon II."

by Anonymousreply 329October 16, 2019 8:41 PM

The Duke and Duchess of Windsor were two of the most useless human beings of the 20th century. Shuttling back and forth from Paris to the US, they had no purpose in life other than to be wealthy and resentful of being outcast by the Royal Family. Permanent fixtures on the New York/PalmBeach/Dallas/Hollywood social circuit, hey sponged off of wealthy Americans who wanted the cachet of hosting 'royalty.' Theirs was a pointless existence, and it would not surprise me at all if they turned to the occasional hustler for some diversion to alleviate their boredom.

by Anonymousreply 330October 16, 2019 8:43 PM

^^ signed, Elizabeth Bowes-Lyon

by Anonymousreply 331October 16, 2019 8:44 PM

"Ever heard of slumming? Rough trade?"

Yes. But I don't think for a minute that Wallis Simpson fucked Scotty Bowers.

by Anonymousreply 332October 16, 2019 8:57 PM

What about Vivien Leigh? Or Rachel Roberts?

by Anonymousreply 333October 16, 2019 9:00 PM

Trust me, blue collar stud dick is a big draw for many very wealthy women. They've all heard the stories. Why do you think Liz Taylor went for Larry Fortensky? It sure as hell wasn't for his intellect.

by Anonymousreply 334October 16, 2019 9:12 PM

I don't think Vivien Leigh, who was admittedly wildly promiscuous at times due to being bi-polar, ever fucked Scotty Bowers. I don't think she knew he existed. Did Bowers say he fucked Laurence Olivier, too? Did he say he had threesomes with Vivien Leigh and Laurence Olivier? Wouldn't surprise me a bit if he said that. He's say say anything .

As for Liz Taylor...well, later in life she was pretty desperate for "love." She met Fortensky at the rehab clinic, and being desperately lonely she hooked up with him because he was THERE. But judging from the men she was involved with before Fortensky she was not partial to "blue collar stud dick." All her previous husbands/boyfriends were wealthy men. The older, drug addicted Liz had to take what she could get.

by Anonymousreply 335October 16, 2019 9:20 PM

Taylor had never hooked up with some blue collar stud because until she met Fortensky she probably never came into that close contact with any. Had she, she may very well have gotten herself some of that good working man meat long before Fortensky.

by Anonymousreply 336October 16, 2019 9:32 PM

And remember how much she prettied him up after they got together. She wanted that blue collar attitude (in the sack probably), but she wanted him to look like Hollywood glamour.

by Anonymousreply 337October 16, 2019 9:34 PM

[Quote] Taylor had never hooked up with some blue collar stud because until she met Fortensky she probably never came into that close contact with any.

Are you kidding? As if blue collars studs never got into the movies (or aspired to be). Robert Wagner wrote how Yvonne DeCarlo would pick up men in her convertible at the supermarket parking lot.

by Anonymousreply 338October 16, 2019 9:36 PM

R335, Richard Burton was working class.

by Anonymousreply 339October 16, 2019 9:37 PM

R329 -- Monty definitely loved being pissed on. There was even a section in his bio about that, but the lawyers made the author take it out.

by Anonymousreply 340October 16, 2019 9:51 PM

I doubt he even met Vivien Leigh

by Anonymousreply 341October 16, 2019 10:03 PM

He met Viv at George Cukor's place. She was staying in one of his guest suites. I found the Scotty/Viv story totally believable. BTW, is anyone but me having trouble loading this page? I have to hit refresh over and over to get all the responses.

by Anonymousreply 342October 16, 2019 10:13 PM

It's working okay for me.

by Anonymousreply 343October 16, 2019 10:15 PM

[quote]Are you kidding? As if blue collars studs never got into the movies (or aspired to be). Robert Wagner wrote how Yvonne DeCarlo would pick up men in her convertible at the supermarket parking lot.

You people are so suspicious! She probably just needed to pick up some fresh sausage!

by Anonymousreply 344October 16, 2019 10:18 PM

R344, I'm hoping that someone (hello Ryan Murphy) does a series on "Joan: the Later Years" when she would take off in her car and pick up men in bars, until that fateful night she got rolled in a motel room.

by Anonymousreply 345October 16, 2019 10:22 PM

R338, if anyone was picking up Robert Wagner it was probably a guy. But he'll never be honest about that.....

by Anonymousreply 346October 16, 2019 10:25 PM

Was this when Vivien was in Hollywood shooting GWTW or was it later? Vivien’s mental health deteriorated a great deal as she got older— she was having sexual encounters with total strangers. I think Vivien was a bit more compos mentis in the late 1930s-early 40s.

by Anonymousreply 347October 16, 2019 10:27 PM

I was surprised that, in the Natalie Wood doc on Reelz they claimed that the reason Natalie left Wagner the first time was because she caught him in bed with another man. It was always suspected but never written about. Also, in the same documentary, when they described her brutal rape at the hands of a big Hollywood star, they put up a couple of shots of the "Kirk Douglas Theater."

by Anonymousreply 348October 16, 2019 10:29 PM

The Vivien breakdown described by David Niven and Stewart Granger in their respective books happened in the early 1950s.

by Anonymousreply 349October 16, 2019 10:30 PM

[quote]Was this when Vivien was in Hollywood shooting GWTW or was it later

This was in the 50s, after her big affair with Peter Finch (also at Cukor's house). Viv was in full bipolarity at that point.

by Anonymousreply 350October 16, 2019 10:31 PM

I MET SCITTY IN 1965 HE TOLD ME BILL TREAT A DUCHESS LIKE A WHORE AND A WHORE LIKE A DUCHESS,,BABY! I BELIEVE HIM,, SWELL GUY AND THE STORIES YOU BET! BLESS,,BILL TAYLOR

by Anonymousreply 351October 16, 2019 10:32 PM

[quote]Robert Wagner wrote how Yvonne DeCarlo would pick up men in her convertible at the supermarket parking lot.

Tony Curtis wrote how he flew out to Hollywood to make his first movie "Criss Cross" starring Burt Lancaster and Yvonne De Carlo. Within the week she invited him back to her home. He went back to New York and told the limo driver to go by the theater where he had taken some acting courses. And there he saw fellow acting student Walter Matthau standing in the rain, and he rolled down the window and he shouted, “Hey, Walter! I fucked Yvonne De Carlo!”

by Anonymousreply 352October 16, 2019 10:33 PM

Vivien seemed to pretty much avoid Los Angeles after making GWTW, so whatever Bowers alleges in his book there really weren’t a lot of opportunities for him to hook up with her in LA. Certainly by the time the incident occurred that David Niven so memorably wrote about Vivien was in a parlous state and required constant monitoring and psychiatric interventions to keep her condition under control.

by Anonymousreply 353October 16, 2019 10:38 PM

And yet... the two Brit movie stars found Vivien with a man who wasn't to be trusted - Gladys Cooper's son. They had to throw him out.

by Anonymousreply 354October 16, 2019 10:40 PM

I love Scotty and loved his book but the sexual encounter with J. Edgar Hoover in drag was only semi-believable.

by Anonymousreply 355October 16, 2019 11:01 PM

Liz Smith recalled once about being at a big party at someone's home (I think in Washington) when in pranced J. Edgar Hoover in full drag.

by Anonymousreply 356October 16, 2019 11:05 PM

Scotty said that Cary Grant and Randolph Scott were into oral, never anal, and that Scott liked to cuddle afterwards, which I thought was adorable.

by Anonymousreply 357October 16, 2019 11:14 PM

Matt the Loon stinks up every thread he touches. He’s the anti-Scotty Loon here, and he’s anti-Hanks elsewhere. His past hates included Mary Poppins, Julie Andrews, and Jessica Lange. He has the delusion that he was abused as a child.

He actually is mentally deficient (Asperger’s) and was a hideous fatty till he lost weight and is now just hideous.

by Anonymousreply 358October 16, 2019 11:25 PM

"He met Viv at George Cukor's place. She was staying in one of his guest suites."

I don't George Cukor knew Scotty Bowers existed any more than Vivien Leigh did. Bowers had a pathologically overactive imagination.

by Anonymousreply 359October 16, 2019 11:28 PM

Ah, is this Matt Ansher r358? That would make so much sense! This is his brand of pathological.

Man if only we could be rid this board of that nutcase.

by Anonymousreply 360October 16, 2019 11:35 PM

Well at least Matt seems to have gotten off the constant tirades against anyone he considered anti-Semitic. When is the last time we saw one of his patented "to be anti puppies is to be anti-Semitic!"?

by Anonymousreply 361October 17, 2019 12:28 AM

I don't know who Matt Ansher is, and I've been coming to DL for over two years now. I suppose that's a good thing.

by Anonymousreply 362October 17, 2019 12:42 AM

[quote]she was having sexual encounters with total strangers.

I'm not seeing a problem here.

by Anonymousreply 363October 17, 2019 12:52 AM

Vivien Leigh also filmed Streetcar and Ship of Fools in LA. Elephant Walk was mostly shot in LA following location work in Ceylon, but Viv only shot a couple of days in LA before breaking down and leaving it to Liz.

by Anonymousreply 364October 17, 2019 1:34 AM

Proclamation by Matt

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 365October 17, 2019 1:36 AM

That’s called discretion. George Cukor kept cameras away from his famous Sun afternoon pool parties. Gay life in the 40’s into the 60’s was discrete by design as was any set up extramarital liaison. It was a different world R312.

by Anonymousreply 366October 17, 2019 1:42 AM

R340, They really should have taken out Monty's Norma Desmond phase with old hag and has-been gold-digger Libby Holman. That was far more offensive than the golden showers thing.

by Anonymousreply 367October 17, 2019 3:03 AM

R272 and others, for the 1,000th time, well maybe the 999th, others, including Raymond Burr's husband, among others, backed up what Bowers said.

"Benevides confirms it all, to the extent that he knows personally. The idea that Bowers would make up anything is laughable, he says. “Scotty Bowers is the most honest person I've known, with the best memory for names and places I've ever seen,” he says. “If he tells you that something happened to somebody, that's the way it was.”

And at a signing at Book Soup, a man who claimed to be the grandson of actor Walter Pidgeon, Bowers' very first star trick, in 1946, said he was impressed by Bowers and did not dispute anything he wrote. A man who claimed to have had a six-month affair with Rock Hudson in 1958 agreed that Bowers got it right. And noted writer and historian David Ehrenstein, who said he had researched director George Cukor's archives for his own book, reported that Bowers was mentioned frequently by Cukor — who introduced him to Tracy and Hepburn.

Joan Allemand, the former arts director of the Beverly Hills Unified School District, has known Bowers for more than 20 years. She introduced him to his co-writer, Friedberg, at a dinner party in 2003.

“Scotty doesn't lie about anything,” Allemand says. “He's a poor kid from a farm in Illinois, and when he got here, his two assets were his big penis and charming personality. That's what he used to feed his family.”

At a series of Allemand's parties over the years, Friedberg drew Bowers out, finally talking him into putting his life story on paper. In that, he succeeded where Gore Vidal, Dominick Dunne and Tennessee Williams all failed. "

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 368October 17, 2019 4:10 AM

As has already been written Cecil Beaton writes about Scotty in his diaries. If Beaton knew him there's the probability that Cukor knew him. Beaton and Cukor loathed each other but had to work a year together contractually in Hollywood. At least they both got Oscars out of it. Though Beaton thought it was a mediocre film and Cukor felt Beaton's work was overpraised in that Gene Allen had actually done quite a bit of it in terms of production design.

One thing that is an out and out lie of Scotty's was that he wouldn't take money. Beaton those many decades ago when the world at large knew pretty much nothing about Bowers talks about giving Scotty money.

by Anonymousreply 369October 17, 2019 4:48 AM

Raymond Burr's lover Bob Benevides, previously unaware that he was even mentioned in the book, did a fact-checking at the request of the L.A. Weekly when Scotty's book first came out in 2012 and he "confirmed everything."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 370October 17, 2019 5:21 AM

Oh sorry I didn't see R368.

by Anonymousreply 371October 17, 2019 5:23 AM

That hideous old liar finally passed away? Good.

by Anonymousreply 372October 17, 2019 5:28 AM

No, r372. He TRANSITIONED.

by Anonymousreply 373October 17, 2019 10:00 AM

You mean he was a transexual? I had no idea, r373!

by Anonymousreply 374October 17, 2019 10:52 AM

Can we have a tl;dr version of the book? I'm not going to read it, but I'm renting the doc on Apple TV.

by Anonymousreply 375October 17, 2019 1:21 PM

[quote]noted writer and historian David Ehrenstein

Vomit is literally pouring out of the corners of my mouth.

by Anonymousreply 376October 17, 2019 1:25 PM

Did Scotty ever do porn?

by Anonymousreply 377October 17, 2019 1:55 PM

I tried Imgur again and refreshing it did nothing.

by Anonymousreply 378October 17, 2019 1:59 PM

Who the heck is Cecil Beaton? You put 10,000 people in a room and there might be one person who knows who that is. Having sex with him or Raymond Burr is a far cry from the likes of Hepburn, Grant, Tracey, etc.

by Anonymousreply 379October 17, 2019 4:57 PM

Minnie Fisk used my services.

by Anonymousreply 380October 17, 2019 5:38 PM

R379, Beaton is a legend. Maybe he isn't as well known to the general public as Tracy and Hepburn, but still

by Anonymousreply 381October 17, 2019 5:42 PM

[quote]“He's a poor kid from a farm in Illinois, and when he got here, his two assets were his big penis and charming personality. That's what he used to feed his family.”

He fed his family his big penis?

[quote]At a series of Allemand's parties over the years, Friedberg drew Bowers out, finally talking him into putting his life story on paper. In that, he succeeded where Gore Vidal, Dominick Dunne and Tennessee Williams all failed. "

Tennessee Williams wrote his autobiography. It wasn't as lurid as you know Williams' life was, but it's quite bold for a Southern gentleman writing in the 1970s. I love how he called NYC's Hotel Elysee the Hotel Easy Lay.

by Anonymousreply 382October 17, 2019 7:52 PM

"Benevides confirms it all, to the extent that he knows personally. The idea that Bowers would make up anything is laughable, he says. “Scotty Bowers is the most honest person I've known, with the best memory for names and places I've ever seen,” he says. “If he tells you that something happened to somebody, that's the way it was.”

HAHAHAHAH! Yeah, right! Bowers has been caught in many a lie, no matter what his "friends" say. Maybe he offered them of piece of any wealth he hoped to attain by coming out with his nasty stories. At any rate, proof is proof, and he could come up with any of it. As one critic said, everything he said was "cheerfully unverified."

by Anonymousreply 383October 17, 2019 8:17 PM

If he left the gas station and didn't take any money from the tricks he sent out, how did he make a living?

by Anonymousreply 384October 17, 2019 8:30 PM

r383 If everything is "cheerfully unverified" than how does that make it untrue? And of all the posts above no one has offered any proof that he lied about something. All you've done is scream that he's a liar. Show proof. But people keep offering proof that he's legit.

by Anonymousreply 385October 17, 2019 8:35 PM

"But people keep offering proof that he's legit."

No, they don't. It's all hearsay. No times, dates, places verified. No photos. Just people saying stuff. And that is no proof at all.

by Anonymousreply 386October 17, 2019 8:39 PM

r386 THAT IS PROOF, YOU DUNCE!!! You're just putting your fingers in your ears and screaming "lalalalalala".

by Anonymousreply 387October 17, 2019 8:43 PM

Listen idiot, at R387, HEARSAY IS NOT PROOF. You're just in love with Scotty, that's all.

by Anonymousreply 388October 17, 2019 8:43 PM

Here's an excerpt from a review of Bower's "book":

"Scotty Bowers’s memoir, Full Service, begins with two authors’ notes. The first, from 88-year-old Bowers himself, reads: “This manuscript is based on my memory and, to the very best of my ability, reflects actual incidents and personalities as I recall them.” The second note, from Bowers’s co-author, Lionel Friedberg, explains that the only thing he added to these recollections were factual details regarding various film productions. The jacket features, above the title and inside the flap, the Gore Vidal stamp of veracity. This is true stuff, says everyone with a stake in it who isn’t already the executor of Cary Grant’s estate. Every sucky-fucky moment actually happened. Unless it didn’t. And since almost everybody except Bowers is gone now, who am I to question him?

Bowers arrived in Los Angeles at the age of twenty-three, shortly after World War II. He claims to have become sexually active at a young age. According to him, servicing adult men in his small town caused him no psychic distress. On the contrary, he was ready and willing. He began pumping gas at a Hollywood service station, but it was only a matter of moments before he also began a side career as a prostitute, arranger of naked liaisons to the stars and secret proprietor of a makeshift brothel in a large trailer parked behind the station.

The purported spark to this clandestine wildfire was named Walter Pidgeon, Academy Award-nominated actor for Mrs. Miniver (1942) and Madame Curie (1943). Pidgeon drove up for some gasoline, propositioned Bowers, gave him some money when it was all over and that was that, the pump boy’s entrepreneurial light-bulb moment. Thanks to Pidgeon’s connections to the entertainment industry’s A-list, the station quickly became a kind of clubhouse/whorehouse, employing all of Bowers’s horniest, neediest, most open-minded pals, both male and female. They serviced, en masse, all manner of Hollywood hot shots, names both above and below the title, with Bowers using his legendary penis to satisfy more of the rich and famous than anyone could count, himself included. The way he tells it, the scene was a non-stop, barely contained bacchanal. Orgies of every stripe, down-low gangbangs arranged in a wink, you name it. Right out in the open. Vice squad eluded. Everybody getting all the hot monkey sex any human being could want or even contemplate handling. Then everyone got up at five o’clock in the morning to make their call time.

Sound impossible? No. It’s a big world, anything’s possible. But implausible? Hell yes."

by Anonymousreply 389October 17, 2019 8:48 PM

You can watch the documentary here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 390October 17, 2019 10:47 PM

Go home, Matt. No one wants you here. In fact, no one wants you at DL, period.

GO HOME, Aspie!

by Anonymousreply 391October 18, 2019 12:55 AM

So Cary Grant picked up Rock Hudson before he was famous? Who was the bottom?

by Anonymousreply 392October 18, 2019 4:10 AM

R389, What a waste of your time.

by Anonymousreply 393October 18, 2019 7:11 AM

R377, I don't know about porn, but he posed for some beefcake shots under the name Scotty Allan.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 394October 18, 2019 7:51 AM

Here's another.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 395October 18, 2019 7:52 AM

BTW, the site those pix came from is a great source for vintage beefcake.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 396October 18, 2019 7:55 AM

He was very sight framed guy, a normal dick would look big on him.

by Anonymousreply 397October 18, 2019 9:30 AM

When Scotty said "I never took a dime from anyone" he meant he never took any money from the people he fixed up with clients. $20.00 was the going rate for his guys & gals and Scotty never took a cut of their money. What money he got he got from the clients. He didn't get paid for every hookup, but many of his wealthy clients gave him money in appreciation for his efforts.

by Anonymousreply 398October 18, 2019 4:29 PM

R398 That's what I remember from the book. He didn't charge for procuring.

by Anonymousreply 399October 18, 2019 4:33 PM

R398 That's business, baby!

by Anonymousreply 400October 18, 2019 5:06 PM

I had a friend, an older gay man, of Scotty's vintage who told me about Scotty and the gas station years before Scotty wrote his book. He told me some of the things that were in the book that he learned from Scotty. He said Scotty is 100% on the level and will never reveal everything he knows while he is alive. Makes me wonder if there is a book to be published on his death somehwere. My friend is deceased but swore up an down Scotty was the most honest guy he ever met and didn't care much about money.

by Anonymousreply 401October 18, 2019 5:24 PM

Obviously he didn't care much about money because in the documentary his poor wife had to deal with that big hole in their deck.

by Anonymousreply 402October 18, 2019 5:55 PM

R401, how would he know Scotty was honest if he wasn't around to witness anything?

Btw, he clearly lied about his dick size. It's above average at best

by Anonymousreply 403October 18, 2019 6:10 PM

I thought the hole in the deck was a metaphor?

by Anonymousreply 404October 18, 2019 6:13 PM

[quote]I thought the hole in the deck was a metaphor?

It was a gloryhole that Scotty set up for his Hollywood friends. He didn't tell me anything about that part of him when we married. I don't want to know anything about it now.

by Anonymousreply 405October 18, 2019 6:20 PM

Walter Pidgeon was gay?

Was Milton Berle, too?

by Anonymousreply 406October 18, 2019 7:49 PM

"My friend is deceased but swore up an down Scotty was the most honest guy he ever met and didn't care much about money."

Who's the deceased guy? Let's have a name. By the way, I think you're full of shit, as is anyone who tries to portray Scotty Bowers as100% truthful, 100% of the time, for the entire duration of his life. He was a nobody hustler, a fucking PIMP. Pimps are notorious for lying and are very good at it. And he "never lied?" Never? Not once? That's why all his "friends" who "vouch" for him seem like liars themselves. Their hysterical "Scotty never lies!" stance makes them seem highly suspect.

by Anonymousreply 407October 18, 2019 7:57 PM

Those "beefcake" photos of him are hilarious. He's supposed to be this incredibly sexual, uninhibited sex fiend, but in those photos he looks totally unsexy. His body (not his cock) is stiff; he looks uncomfortable. Scotty Bowers, the sex machine who would fuck anyone, anytime, anywhere doesn't know how to pose naked in a sensual, sexual fashion? That's certainly interesting.

by Anonymousreply 408October 18, 2019 8:04 PM

Watching the documentary was fascinating, but as soon as I saw the mental illness/hoarding, I no longer trusted a word he said.

Dee-Ranged.

by Anonymousreply 409October 18, 2019 8:10 PM

I thought he was known for his massive dick? He must have been a grower, not a shower, because that doesn't look much beyond "normal" sized to me. It does have a thickness to it, though.

I thought someone had posted some porn pics of Scotty upthread, but they were on Imgur and pretty much impossible for anyone else to see.

by Anonymousreply 410October 18, 2019 8:49 PM

I love the shrieking harpies: "NONE OF THIS IS VERIFIABLE!!!"

Uh, many people have verified Scotty's stories over the years. By people who knew him and used his services and by people who knew people who knew Scotty.

If you don't want to believe that famous people like having freaky sex and using "go-betweens" to arrange for it, especially in the very closeted times when Scotty was active, then you're naively stupid.

by Anonymousreply 411October 18, 2019 8:56 PM

I think it's mostly just one shrieking harpie.

by Anonymousreply 412October 18, 2019 9:05 PM

"Uh, many people have verified Scotty's stories over the years. By people who knew him and used his services and by people who knew people who knew Scotty."

Hearsay isn't "verification." Names, dates, places, photos, eyewitness accounts by people with credibility...those things constitute verification. And I don't think anybody doubts that celebrities can be kinky and sordid and pay for sex (although Bowers claims never to have been paid, which is another reason to not to believe him). There's just no reason to believe what Scotty Bowers says, although it's possible that he pimped for losers like himself. But major Hollywood stars? What horseshit. And from watching the documentary it's obvious he had some serious mental health issues. His tales of fucking the greats of Hollywood and "kings and queens" is no doubt pure delusions concocted in his diseased mind.

by Anonymousreply 413October 18, 2019 9:06 PM

I thought he posed for a lot of explicit photos and made videos in the 70s.

by Anonymousreply 414October 18, 2019 9:32 PM

R412 Interesting that the harpie trashing Bowers on this thread is the same harpie who was on a recent John Lennon thread spewing hate about John Lennon.

by Anonymousreply 415October 18, 2019 10:03 PM

r408 Jesus, dude, you are a pain in the ass.

In the documentary there is footage included of Scotty having sex with men at an orgy. He's naked, and hard, and having fun. It was the swinging 70's.

by Anonymousreply 416October 18, 2019 10:05 PM

I knew an old gay hollywood actor back in the 90s and he never mentioned Scotty from what I recollect, but he did talk about some of the same people and gay rumors brought up by scotty. I didn't believe the old gay at the time, but when I read Scotty's book, I was sitting with my mouth agape that the old gay actor was actually telling the truth.

So, I believe Scotty.

by Anonymousreply 417October 18, 2019 10:11 PM

Better to be a "harpie" than to be gullible and believe everything

by Anonymousreply 418October 18, 2019 10:12 PM

[quote] because in the documentary his poor wife had to deal with that big hole in their deck.

That was the hole he poured Beach Dickerson's ashes through. Beach had asked that his ashes be scattered off the deck. His ashes sat in a box in the trunk of Dickerson's Lincoln for 6 years until Scotty went over one day and busted the trunk open and retrieved them. And man, there was a freakin' ton of ashes. I've seen several cremains and I've never seen the cremains of one man that were that much. But the day Scotty was going to scatter them off the deck the wind was blowing too hard so he just opened the bag and poured them through the big hole in the deck, getting some on the deck which he then took the hose to and washed them off into the abyss.

by Anonymousreply 419October 18, 2019 10:35 PM

The Harpie is an Aspie!

Matt, we've found the title for your memoirs!

by Anonymousreply 420October 18, 2019 10:38 PM

One thing's for sure from the documentary. Scotty was well loved by the people who knew him until the end (at least the ones still alive). Not many "nobody hustlers" have birthday parties thrown for them at Chateau Marmont, attended by a ton of people , with 3 scantily dressed muscle studs bringing out a huge birthday cake in the shape of an erect cock and balls.

by Anonymousreply 421October 18, 2019 10:40 PM

I don't recall seeing old porn fucking footage in the documentary.

Just piles of garbage and an old old man.

by Anonymousreply 422October 18, 2019 10:43 PM

"In the documentary there is footage included of Scotty having sex with men at an orgy. He's naked, and hard, and having fun. It was the swinging 70's."

Oh, it's likely that he indulged in that kind of behavior. But with famous people? Kings and queens? I don't believe he ever fucked anybody of importance in his life.

by Anonymousreply 423October 18, 2019 10:53 PM

"I knew an old gay hollywood actor back in the 90s and he never mentioned Scotty from what I recollect, but he did talk about some of the same people and gay rumors brought up by scotty. I didn't believe the old gay at the time, but when I read Scotty's book, I was sitting with my mouth agape that the old gay actor was actually telling the truth."

Who was the "old gay actor?" Let's get a name. I'm sure a lot of people would be interested in knowing who he is. So, who is he?

by Anonymousreply 424October 18, 2019 10:57 PM

"Not many "nobody hustlers" have birthday parties thrown for them at Chateau Marmont, attended by a ton of people , with 3 scantily dressed muscle studs bringing out a huge birthday cake in the shape of an erect cock and balls."

He probably paid for the party and of course people would want to attend for free food and booze and maybe sex. Doesn't mean he was "well loved."

by Anonymousreply 425October 18, 2019 11:00 PM

The party may have been paid for by his publisher or by the producers of the documentary.

by Anonymousreply 426October 18, 2019 11:10 PM

[quote]Go home, Matt. No one wants you here. In fact, no one wants you at DL, period.

Now now r391, if you are going to speak of Matt Anscher, at least speak the truth.

No one wants him ANYWHERE. He is a universal pariah.

by Anonymousreply 427October 18, 2019 11:18 PM

[quote]I don't recall seeing old porn fucking footage in the documentary.

In the documentary, he goes over to his friends house, the friend who was an artist and had two or three pictures he did of Scotty.

While that guy is talking, they show some home movies the artist had taken. The first is a bunch of them getting dressed up in women's clothes and doing a drag parade. Then they cut to about 5 seconds of Scotty lying naked on a bed, jerking his dick (which is pixeled) while sucking another guy off. The sex footage is only about 5 seconds and it looks to have been taken in the late 1960s or early 1970s.

by Anonymousreply 428October 18, 2019 11:24 PM

R403, his dick was thick and definitely (not "at best") above average but not spectacularly huge. He was cute, not gorgeous, but that's a nice trim body and hairy chest. I'm sure he was also masculine and charming, which would have been helpful in recruiting prostitutes for his stable as well as in maintaining good client relations.

It's overly credulous to believe everything Scotty said, but there must have been something more there than just an ordinary pimp. He's simply too well known by too many people to have been a nonentity.

by Anonymousreply 429October 18, 2019 11:26 PM

For some reason Scotty Bowers threads always bring out the haters and non-believers. It's like for some people the idea of Hollywood stars having gay sex is blasphemy. Yes, it's hard to verify his claims but then again none of the claims were really that extraordinary. You only have to look at all the fappening leaks from recent years to understand how sexually active current Hollywood actors are. Why would it have been any different back in the day?

I only now heard about his death. I saw Secret History of Hollywood like a month ago. He certainly lived a full life, and it sounded like the war and all the deaths he saw there broke him in ways that were never fixed. He started having sex already as a little kid which was disturbing, especially since he saw nothing wrong with it. He probably did everything a man can sexually do, and he was totally unapologetic about it, which is kind of refreshing. How much did he lie? Who knows. I tend to believe most of what he said, especially since his male whores corroborated having sex with certain Hollywood stars. I haven't read Full Service, though, but I'm going to one of these days.

In any case, RIP Scotty.

by Anonymousreply 430October 18, 2019 11:27 PM

The non-believers on this thread are just jealous of all the cock and pussy Scotty had during his long life.

by Anonymousreply 431October 18, 2019 11:32 PM

I have no envy of the late Scotty Bowers. He was a pathetic cumbucket. And a HOARDER. A nasty, disturbed man.

by Anonymousreply 432October 18, 2019 11:37 PM

He had some nice looking antique lamps in that second house. He had one old 8 arm tulip lamp that looked to be very old. I would kill for that lamp.

by Anonymousreply 433October 18, 2019 11:40 PM

[quote]It's like for some people the idea of Hollywood stars having gay sex is blasphemy.

I am agnostic on all things Scotty Bowers but surely the stumbling block for many is not the fact that Hollywood was full of closeted gay people, which has always been the case. The notion that somebody like Katharine Hepburn would deign to speak to Scotty Bowers (much less ask him for help hooking her up with other women) is what seems implausible.

by Anonymousreply 434October 18, 2019 11:48 PM

Then you need to watch the documentary, because the whole connection with Hepburn is fully explained. George Cukor introduced Scotty to Hepburn when she was living on his property. Hepburn and Cukor knew each other were gay and she said "well if he can connect men with men maybe he can connect women with women". And she asked Scotty to oblige her, which he did.

by Anonymousreply 435October 18, 2019 11:54 PM

[quote]It's like for some people the idea of Hollywood stars having gay sex is blasphemy. Yes, it's hard to verify his claims but then again none of the claims were really that extraordinary. You only have to look at all the fappening leaks from recent years to understand how sexually active current Hollywood actors are. Why would it have been any different back in the day?

What was different back in the day is that their contracts had moral clauses in it. Rock Hudson was billed as a sex symbol for women. If he came out as gay, he might lose the studio money. He could have lost his job. He could have also been arrested because gay sex was against the law.

That's why I have a hard time believing major stars went to Scotty. How could they trust him? It's one thing for Cukor whose paycheck didn't depend on having a fan club. It's a whole other thing for Katharine Hepburn and Spencer Tracey who were bankable stars and had reputations to protect. I don't doubt that second and third raters like Paul Lynde used him. But the A list stars had too much to lose to just trust some shifty ex-gas station attendant.

by Anonymousreply 436October 18, 2019 11:55 PM

Yep, he lied and he exaggerated and he remembered stuff that didn't happen, and he remembered stuff that did happen. He was an old man. I think he generally was telling the truth as he remembered it. And in such a good natured way! He doesn't have a bad word for anybody.

by Anonymousreply 437October 18, 2019 11:56 PM

The Hollywood movie community in those days was incredibly small.

by Anonymousreply 438October 19, 2019 12:00 AM

He does admit to having left a lot unsaid. I bet it was all the good stuff. There was absolutely nothing surprising to me except the fact that Walter Pidgeon got the whole thing started. People have been talking about Tracy and Hepburn for a very long time. I wanted new stuff like Alan Ladd being gay or John Ford kissing male movie stars.

by Anonymousreply 439October 19, 2019 12:05 AM

MOMMY! DADDY! Scotty is dead, Rock is dead, Mr Cukor is dead, Miss Hepburn is dead, dead I say, they are all dead so please, just stop fighting!

by Anonymousreply 440October 19, 2019 12:11 AM

I was shocked, SHOCKED I TELL YOU, to find out in the documentary that Tom Ewell was a raging homo with an insatiable appetite for dick. Scotty said he was so voracious if he had sent 20 guys to him he would have taken them all on right then and there.

He also reminisced about the time Cukor called him and told him to send 15 of the greatest looking guys he could find to his house right away because he had a yen to suck off 15 guys, all in a row.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 441October 19, 2019 12:13 AM

I did not want to know Tom Ewell was gay.

by Anonymousreply 442October 19, 2019 12:16 AM

r436 It was bigger than that. Of course, they could trust him. He built his reputation on trust, he didn't out anyone, until they were dead. He clearly had a stellar reputation. And homosexuality was illegal back then. That's how he built a lucrative business!!! They couldn't go to a "reputed" gay bar and risk being picked up by the vice squad!!! It all happened in the shadows thanks to Scotty.

by Anonymousreply 443October 19, 2019 12:26 AM

"And she asked Scotty to oblige her, which he did."

BullSHIT. You're saying Cukor did this and Hepburn did that. But you don't know a fucking THING about what they did. The only thing you're doing is regurgitating Bower's crap. That's not very bright.

by Anonymousreply 444October 19, 2019 12:28 AM

"Of course, they could trust him. He built his reputation on trust, he didn't out anyone, until they were dead. He clearly had a stellar reputation."

Scotty Bowers, the lowly gas station attendant pimp, had a "stellar reputation?" If that doesn't prove that you're a wacko, I don't know what does.

by Anonymousreply 445October 19, 2019 12:30 AM

Lots of fan club presidents on this thread, unable to believe their idols might have had a yen for some strange dick and/or pussy

by Anonymousreply 446October 19, 2019 12:31 AM

"There was absolutely nothing surprising to me except the fact that Walter Pidgeon got the whole thing started. "

Here's an excerpt from the blog featuring "Full Service: Fun With Fact Checking (there are 20 sections to it)", about the supposed "tryst" with Walter Pidgeon that started Scotty's career as pimp to the stars;

A friend – and respected researcher – who has been following my dissection of Scotty Bowers’ book sends along a bit of information about our current subject, Jacob/Jack/Jacques Potts, who purportedly joined Walter Pidgeon in Bowers’ first Hollywood tryst at a Benedict Canyon home in 1946.

My friend notes that according to 1930 U.S. census data for Chicago, Jacob S. Potts was a retail merchant in women’s wear, born “abt 1876” in Pennsylvania to parents from Germany. His wife, Effie H. Potts, 52, listed her profession as “sales director women’s wear.” They lived at 545 E. Ohio St.

Remember that I said Walter Pidgeon would have been 48 in 1946…

And if this the Jacob/Jack/Jacques Potts in question, at the time of the tryst with Bowers, he would have been about … 70.

Let’s compare this to what Bowers says:

"Pidge and Potts were two very nice, sweet, highly likeable guys. They were both smart, well groomed, and very rich. Their manners were impeccable. Neither of them exhibited even a hint of effeminate behavior. They were both in remarkably good shape, too, especially when you consider their ages. Walter Pidgeon must have been at least fifty at the time. Potts could have been a bit older."

Pidgeon (age 46) “at least fifty.”

Potts (age 70) “could have been a bit older.”

A 24-year age difference is “a bit older?” Really?

This is what we have so far: In 1946, in the days before cars had air conditioning, Walter Pidgeon is motoring around Hollywood on a miserably hot day with the windows in his car rolled up? Pidgeon – a prominent movie star and board member of the Screen Actors Guild — picks up a total stranger at a gas station for some gay sex, offering to pay $20 ($233.50 USD 2012)?

He and Bowers head up Benedict Canyon Drive to a house, allegedly across the street from Harold Lloyd’s estate – which is actually 0.2 of a mile away? He has a three-way with a guy who is 70?

by Anonymousreply 447October 19, 2019 12:46 AM

Well to a young guy a man who is 46 can easily look at least 50. And sex back then was cheap so $20 was pretty good. Though you got me with the 70 year old.

by Anonymousreply 448October 19, 2019 12:59 AM

r447 What the fuck??? What point did you just prove? That a 70 year old man can't be attractive? Or horny? Are you retarded?

by Anonymousreply 449October 19, 2019 1:01 AM

The horror! A 70 year old man who might look some years younger than he actually is. What hath God wrought?

by Anonymousreply 450October 19, 2019 1:11 AM

r447 All that matters is that SCOTTY found these men attractive.

by Anonymousreply 451October 19, 2019 1:16 AM

" What the fuck??? What point did you just prove? That a 70 year old man can't be attractive? Or horny? Are you retarded?

70 years old back then isn't what 70 years old is today. It's been commented on Datalounge that people in bygone eras tended to look much older than their actual age. At any rate the point is that Bower's whole story sounds like it sprang from his fevered imagination. It no doubt did.

by Anonymousreply 452October 19, 2019 1:20 AM

Poor R444, are you having a wobbly over this? You seem unhinged and far too invested in the Scotty Bowers saga. Might I suggest you take a Midol and shut the fuck up. A nice Massengill douche might be a good idea as well, to help you feel fresh when you awake tomorrow.

But honestly missy. Did you not read what I wrote. CLEARLY is said that Scotty Bowers made those claims. You seem to insist I was claiming I knew something on my own. Maybe you should take a reading comprehension class. You seem rather thick.

by Anonymousreply 453October 19, 2019 1:26 AM

There is apparently some pathological need for some people here to go out of their ways to disprove Scotty Bowers' truthfulness. It's as if they have a personal investment. I really is all rather insane. No one, I repeat, NO ONE who believes Scotty Bowers' claims gives a fat rat's ass that you don't believe them, so you're going to a lot of effort to make yourselves look crazed.

by Anonymousreply 454October 19, 2019 1:31 AM

Scotty Bowers was born in 1923, by the time the 50s rolled around he was 30 years old, well past his sell-by-date for a hooker. Why would the closeted Hollywood big names of that time want to bang an aging whore? Sorry, but unless it's a niche market, ain't no one paying an old, stale prostitute for sex. Also, I like how he conveniently says he had to give it all up because of the AIDS crisis, he was in his 60s by then, his hooker/pimp shelf life was practically deceased, dead, buried and passed on into the next realm. The guy must have been beyond delusional to think he still had career in whoring at that age.

by Anonymousreply 455October 19, 2019 1:46 AM

I read the book with my tongue firmly in my cheek, unlike some of the Debbie Downers on this thread who are pulling their hair out at the mere thought that maybe Scotty was having a bit of fun at our expense.

by Anonymousreply 456October 19, 2019 1:52 AM

r455 Why would 30 be expired, you dumbass! He was primarily a pimp, you dope! Read the book before you chime in!

by Anonymousreply 457October 19, 2019 1:54 AM

And he said he didn't write any of these encounters with celebrities down on paper, no diary/journal notebook or anything but somehow he managed to remember ALL of this off by heart. He boasted of having engaged with thousands upon thousands of clientele, he's able to remember such information with every single one of them and all the precise details he and his team of whores have kept remarkably intact all these years?? With no references whatsoever? That I find hard to believe.

by Anonymousreply 458October 19, 2019 2:01 AM

Several other people write these kinds of books (Kenneth Anger ,Darwin Porter,William Mann,Boze Hadliegh ) so why single out Scotty Bowers? Probably so much of this stuff is a bunch of shit. Believe as much or as little as you want but remember it's mostly meant for entertainment.

by Anonymousreply 459October 19, 2019 2:09 AM

Several other people write these kinds of books (Kenneth Anger ,Darwin Porter,William Mann,Boze Hadliegh ) so why single out Scotty Bowers? Probably so much of this stuff is a bunch of shit. Believe as much or as little as you want but remember it's mostly meant for entertainment.

by Anonymousreply 460October 19, 2019 2:09 AM

by Anonymousreply 461October 19, 2019 2:09 AM

r458 "thousand upon thousands"?! You're a typical exaggerating queen idiot. Of course, he would remember any celebrity he pimped for! Get a fuckin' clue!

by Anonymousreply 462October 19, 2019 2:09 AM

R457, Because whores aren't useful once they've passed their prime which is the 25 year mark, 30 is just pushing it. That's the cold reality of being a whore, you dumb pile of cow shite. Scotty claimed he was still whoring as well as pimping throughout the 50s and 60s. He's full of it.

by Anonymousreply 463October 19, 2019 2:10 AM

"No one, I repeat, NO ONE who believes Scotty Bowers' claims gives a fat rat's ass that you don't believe them, so you're going to a lot of effort to make yourselves look crazed."

Obviously there are a lot of people on this thread who believe Scotty Bower's fantasies that DO give a fat rat's ass about people who don't believe him, hence all the screaming of "I believe Scotty! He's entirely truthful! He never lies! There are people who say so! I believe him! I believe him with all my heart and soul!" I guess you're one of them.

by Anonymousreply 464October 19, 2019 2:12 AM

r464 Mmmmmmmm, pretty much.

by Anonymousreply 465October 19, 2019 2:22 AM

Maybe Scotty has one of those memories where they can remember everything like Marilu Henner. Something like Fred Astaire gave me a blowjob in the men's room right before the world premiere of The Barkleys of Broadway at Loew's State on May 4, 1949.

by Anonymousreply 466October 19, 2019 2:26 AM

"No one, I repeat, NO ONE who believes Scotty Bowers' claims gives a fat rat's ass that you don't believe them, so you're going to a lot of effort to make yourselves look crazed."

Obviously a lot of people on this thread give a fat rat's ass about anyone who doesn't believe Scotty Bowers, hence all the posts screaming "Scotty never lied! He always told the truth! People said so! He never told a lie! Everything he says is true!" I guess you're one of them.

by Anonymousreply 467October 19, 2019 2:58 AM

"Maybe Scotty has one of those memories where they can remember everything like Marilu Henner."

Nah. He just liked to tell outlandish, unprovable stories. It got him a lot of attention, which he obviously craved. He was a very fucked up guy.

by Anonymousreply 468October 19, 2019 3:04 AM

Hurdlers are sexy. Ryan Wilson, USA. 110m Hurdles. Retired.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 469October 19, 2019 4:07 AM

^^^^^^ Oops,. Wrong thread

by Anonymousreply 470October 19, 2019 4:10 AM

No, right thread: Bowers claimed Ryan Wilson paid to blow him in 2017.

by Anonymousreply 471October 19, 2019 4:14 AM

[quote] He boasted of having engaged with thousands upon thousands of clientele

I don't recall any mention by Scotty in his book, or in the documentary where he puts a number to the amount of people he was with. You're just making up facts in your insane attempt to prove him wrong and you right. It's your way off trying to make yourself look like you're too smart to fall for his story. Actually it only makes you look like the typical loud mouthed DL contrarian beyotch.

by Anonymousreply 472October 19, 2019 11:47 AM

[quote] Obviously there are a lot of people on this thread who believe Scotty Bower's fantasies that DO give a fat rat's ass about people who don't believe him, hence all the screaming of "I believe Scotty! He's entirely truthful! He never lies! There are people who say so! I believe him! I believe him with all my heart and soul!" I guess you're one of them.

No bitch, we're just having fun lambasting you know-it-all-know-nothings in the hopes you'll get so enraged you'll shit yourselves.

by Anonymousreply 473October 19, 2019 11:49 AM

Everybody Scotty talked about in his book and documentary, DL already knew about. Seriously, DL is never wrong.

by Anonymousreply 474October 19, 2019 5:02 PM

"It can add up to an awful lot of people when you stop and think about it. You say, each day, three hundred and sixty five days a year, it's certainly into the thousands. And it's hard to believe a lot of people who have only been with two-three different people would never believe it."

R472, Either you weren't paying attention or you have a bad case of selective hearing, because he clearly said this in the documentary.

I won't bother to ask for an apology on the insult to my character because you're obviously a bitter Betty about this, and a unhinged one at that.

by Anonymousreply 475October 19, 2019 7:03 PM

R475, you're sure he's the unhinged one?

by Anonymousreply 476October 20, 2019 12:15 AM

R476, He/She/It literally went on a tirade against me because I paraphrased something Scotty Bowers actually said lol So yes, I'd say that's as pretty much as unhinged as it gets.

by Anonymousreply 477October 20, 2019 12:50 AM

R477, yes he made a minor mistake but your attempts to totally discredit Bowers seem weird, to say the least. You have no way of knowing if Bowers was lying and yet you keep insisting that's all he did. You clearly disapprove of him and keep trying to turn others against him as well. That's why you seem like a cunt and why people don't trust your words.

I mean what the hell is the point of bitching about Bowers when we all know no one here can prove or disprove his claims? Same goes with practically all celebrity gossip and yet the one person who openly and non-anonymously tells the gossip gets your hate. I could ask why might that be but quite honestly I don't really care.

by Anonymousreply 478October 20, 2019 1:18 AM

"I mean what the hell is the point of bitching about Bowers when we all know no one here can prove or disprove his claims?"

His claims are "implausible as hell", as one critic said. He could never substantiate any of them. That's pretty good reason not to believe him. But some people will believe anything. I remember in the 80s there was something that is now called "satanic panic." Seems the story was that the U.S. was inundated with Satanists; they were everywhere, in every profession, doctors, lawyers, clergymen, policemen, teachers. It was a great underground operation. People who worked in daycare centers were arrested and charged with using their little charges in satanic rituals. People went on talk shows and claimed to have been involved in the satanic cults; there were women who claimed to be "breeders", impregnated for the purpose of having a baby that was to be sacrificed to the Devil. Geraldo Rivera did a tv special on the crisis entitled "Devil Worship: Exposing Satan's Underground (he later apologized for doing it)." And you know what? It was all bullshit. The claims of the people making all these insane accusations were investigated thoroughly by law enforcement , and there was no evidence, none whatsoever, that any of it ever happened. It was all some kind of mass hysteria, a hoax. But for years people actually believed in all the Satanic goings on. I think the people who would believe in Satanists all over the country are the same type who would believe what Scotty Bowers said. It's pretty sad, really.

by Anonymousreply 479October 20, 2019 1:59 AM

R478, Me stating I find it hard to believe he's had thousands upon thousands of clients is hardly going out of my way to discredit him. How am I trying to "turn people against him" exactly? What does that even mean?! Lol Either you believe his stories or you don't. It's not that deep, honey.

My, god! You Pro-Scotty loons are deranged. XD

by Anonymousreply 480October 20, 2019 2:05 AM

Name calling R480? Eat an FF.

by Anonymousreply 481October 20, 2019 2:19 AM

R481, Eat my ass.

by Anonymousreply 482October 20, 2019 2:44 AM

[quote]Me stating I find it hard to believe he's had thousands upon thousands of clients is hardly going out of my way to discredit him. How am I trying to "turn people against him" exactly?

I read your other posts from this thread. You seem to be on a mission to discredit him.

And, R479, what the hell are you on about? Bowers was a pimp in Hollywood, and knew Hollywood stars. I think we can all agree on that at least. He wasn't some nobody from nowhere who just pulled everything out of his ass. It's not a stretch at all to believe what he's saying. We are literally writing in a forum dedicated to gay gossip and yet some of you cunts attack the one guy who possibly knew more about gay Hollywood than anyone else. I wonder how many of you Bowers haters happily believe all anonymous crap on gossip sites and yet are unable to believe him?

by Anonymousreply 483October 20, 2019 3:40 AM

"Bowers was a pimp in Hollywood, and knew Hollywood stars. I think we can all agree on that at least. He wasn't some nobody from nowhere who just pulled everything out of his ass. It's not a stretch at all to believe what he's saying."

It is indeed a stretch (a very LONG stretch) to believe what he said. Yeah, he was some two bit pimp I guess, and according to him, fucked anything, anybody, anytime, anywhere. He REALLY likes to emphasize that he would fuck anything. But I don't think fucked anybody of importance. You think he fucked "kings and queens?" And had threesomes with the Duke and Duchess of Windsor and Ava Gardner and Lana Turner and Cary Grant and Randolph Scotty? You really believe that? If so, you'll believe anything. That's what the Scotty Bowers lovers do: they will believe anything.

I've read excerpts from his book. He sounds like he has the IQ of a flea. He also told an interviewer that "he was molested by a neighbor as a child, but waves away any concern: “There’s nothing wrong with that, baby!” He approves of child molestation? WHAT A SICK FUCK.

by Anonymousreply 484October 20, 2019 3:54 AM

R484, do you go around discrediting all anonymous gossip you hear? All the people you mentioned had sex lives and it's totally possible Bowers was there with them. Obviously there's no way to prove it, like there's no way to prove 99.99% of anonymous gossip out there. Yet you keep trying to argue it's absolutely and totally impossible Bowers had anything to do with the sex lives of celebrities. You just cannot know if that is the case, and you're just making yourself look like a tool for repeating it over and over.

by Anonymousreply 485October 20, 2019 4:04 AM

"All the people you mentioned had sex lives and it's totally possible Bowers was there with them."

I'm sure all those people I mentioned had, in all likelihood, had active sex lives. But with somebody as low class and stupid and crusty and slimy as Scotty Bowers? I don't think so. I think all those people sought sex from better sources than a gas station attendant pimp, a pimp who supposedly never charged anybody for his services. That in itself makes Bower's tales seem totally implausible. At any rate, even if major Hollywood stars wanted to go "slumming" I seriously doubt that would have had anything to do with anybody like Bowers. He seemed like such scum.

by Anonymousreply 486October 20, 2019 4:18 AM

The crazy who insists Hollywood actors were too “classy” to be associated with common trash must live in some fantasy land of TV as reality. When it comes to sex with whores, I would say the very last quality an actor is looking for is to be with someone who is of his “class”.

This troll must be the Hyacinth Bucket of sex.

by Anonymousreply 487October 20, 2019 4:35 AM

R477, I'm sorry to say but your reasoning skills suck. You act like Hollywood stars were gods who never interacted with the regular folks. That's totally rubbish since most came from poor or middle-class families and knew totally well that non-rich people were human beings like themselves. Gay stars quite obviously met other gay men from all walks of life. Scotty was quite a cutie when young and I can totally see him attract attention.

by Anonymousreply 488October 20, 2019 4:37 AM

I meant R486 ^

by Anonymousreply 489October 20, 2019 4:39 AM

" You act like Hollywood stars were gods who never interacted with the regular folks. "

No. I'm saying that the great Hollywood stars never interacted with Scotty Bowers.

by Anonymousreply 490October 20, 2019 5:00 AM

"Scotty was quite a cutie when young and I can totally see him attract attention."

He didn't have exceptional good looks. And he sure as hell didn't have a big cock. He was nothing, really.

by Anonymousreply 491October 20, 2019 5:07 AM

In both the Vivien Leigh biographies I've read they state that Vivien would have sex with lower class men like cab drivers and physical laborers on impulse - so I can believe she would have sex with Bowers.

by Anonymousreply 492October 20, 2019 5:21 AM

The fact that Cecil Beaton mentions Scotty in his diaries lends veracity to Bower's stories for me.

Cecil was a COMPLETE snob, great friends with Vivien and other legends, and was a gossip and loved to share stories of his sexcapades.

If Cecil knew him - others did too. Beaton probably introduced them to Scotty.

by Anonymousreply 493October 20, 2019 5:25 AM

I don't think Vivien Leigh ever met Scotty Bowers. I don't think he was acquainted with anybody really famous. His stories are so outlandish and insane it's obvious he's making it up.

And if Cecil Beaton DID mention Bowers in his diaries (how about posting what he said? I think a lot of people would like to know) that sure as hell doesn't mean Bowers fucked Vivien Leigh, have 'introduced" anybody to him.

by Anonymousreply 494October 20, 2019 5:30 AM

Vivien Leigh's friends said that Vivien was 'like a man' in that she was very aggressive sexually, pursuing her conquests rather than letting herself be pursued. This would have been rather unconventional behavior for a woman in the first half of the 20th century, so it's possible that Vivien was unconventional in other ways as well. Her history of mental illness was a wild card which makes it difficult to dismiss even the most outrageous stories. I saw a clip from an old interview on YouTube (I think it was with Rachel Kempson, who was one of Vivien's closest friends) in which Vivien is described as turning up at her flat looking disheveled with dirty stained clothes following a sexual encounter with a stranger in a public park.

by Anonymousreply 495October 20, 2019 7:27 AM

Did he claim to have thousands of clients, I saw the docu and I got the impression it was a small (maybe 50) group involved.

by Anonymousreply 496October 20, 2019 9:35 AM

[quote] I don't think Vivien Leigh ever met Scotty Bowers. I don't think he was acquainted with anybody really famous.

You don't think, you don't think... Who cares what you think? You quite obviously are unable to imagine anything beyond your quite rigid sounding world view. Or you are trolling because Scotty dared to suggest one of the stars you love was his client and you find that totally unacceptable.

by Anonymousreply 497October 20, 2019 11:05 AM

Wow, the former king of England blew Scotty like a champ and his American tart of a wife stage directed their several trysts. Scotty was a boss.

by Anonymousreply 498October 20, 2019 1:48 PM

R491, you know this how?

by Anonymousreply 499October 20, 2019 2:05 PM

You think Rock Hudson as much as he loved Doris Day would confess over coffee Scotty Bowers sent over a hot piece of ass last night? It was a secret and discreet society.

by Anonymousreply 500October 20, 2019 4:59 PM

r497, who cares what you think? It seems like you'll believe anything. Btw, she isn't one of my favorite stars.

by Anonymousreply 501October 20, 2019 5:00 PM

The only part of Scotty’s life that gives me concern is his daughter. He had so few sexual boundaries. I wonder if he molested her or if the aborted baby was his.

by Anonymousreply 502October 20, 2019 5:18 PM

"You don't think, you don't think... Who cares what you think?"

Obviously YOU do.

by Anonymousreply 503October 20, 2019 8:18 PM

R503, you and your buddy have dozens of posts in this thread bitching about Bowers and repeatedly calling him a liar. Kinda makes you wonder why. I'm slightly curious to hear, since we are in a forum that deals with gay gossip, that what sources of gossip do you find believable if a gay Hollywood pimp who's proven to have known many celebrities isn't good enough for you?

You and your buddy (or is it just you?) keep repeating the same points over and over again in an attempt to apparently shut down the discussion by ridiculing those who don't hate Scotty.

by Anonymousreply 504October 20, 2019 10:29 PM

Another thing that is fishy about Scotty is his excuse for not wanting Tennessee Williams to write about him because it made him come across as "too gay", only to then portray himself in the documentary as some type of "gay saviour" lending out a helping hand to all those poor unfortunate closeted Hollywood Stars who couldn't have possibly lived an authentic life without him.

by Anonymousreply 505October 20, 2019 10:58 PM

" I'm slightly curious to hear, since we are in a forum that deals with gay gossip, that what sources of gossip do you find believable if a gay Hollywood pimp who's proven to have known many celebrities isn't good enough for you?"

It WASN'T "proven" that he was "to have known many celebrities." There was no proof at all that he did. None at all. It's all speculation and conjecture and believing everything that came out of Bower's sperm encrusted mouth. If you want to believe things that have no basis in fact, go right ahead. But don't expect everyone else to be as gullible and easily persuaded.

by Anonymousreply 506October 20, 2019 11:00 PM

I wonder why the naysayers on this thread are so invested in proving Scotty's book belongs in the fiction section. If I click on a thread and call bullshit on what's being discussed, I hit the back button and move on. Is it really that important to prove him a liar? Get help if you think so.

by Anonymousreply 507October 20, 2019 11:23 PM

R507 Why are you so invested in trying to prove it's true or convince others? Are you a producer of the documentary and or getting a cut of the book sales or something?

by Anonymousreply 508October 20, 2019 11:49 PM

r506 is a troll. He's just trying to get people all roweled up because it's fun for him.

Yawn.

by Anonymousreply 509October 21, 2019 10:21 PM

We've discovered who the anti-Scotty Troll is long ago. He's also the anti-Pete Troll, and he's also a racist and a Rethuglican. He went into a meltdown on some other thread and blew his cover, not there there was much cover there. He always shows his hand.

by Anonymousreply 510October 22, 2019 7:33 AM

We've discovered who the anti-Scotty Troll is long ago. He's also the anti-Pete Troll, and he's also a racist and a Rethuglican. He went into a meltdown on some other thread and blew his cover, not there there was much cover there. He always shows his hand.

by Anonymousreply 511October 22, 2019 7:33 AM

Who's Pete?

by Anonymousreply 512October 22, 2019 8:48 AM

I think a fair amount of what he was said was true but like with all old people they start recounting things you know are simply not true even though they believed it happened that way.

by Anonymousreply 513October 22, 2019 12:54 PM

Cecil Beaton's diary entry re Scotty:

Scotty is a phenomenon. I had heard several years ago that the police had caught up with him, that he had quit his racket, and [was] out of the running. This was a blow to me, as I am very fond of him, and I would have liked to have sympathized. I had only a telephone number, now surely in disrepute. But no. Although I woke him, his voice was as cheerful as ever. It is five years since I have seen him and five years can create havoc in a man's appearance, but no, Scotty appeared among the bushes of the Beverley Hills Bungalow gardens, just as smiling and trim of form as ever. And his enthusiasm is as great. He is really what is known as a flirt. I asked him how much I owed him and he suggested a sum much smaller than I knew was customary. There is nothing that he will not do for me. He is helpful and kind and gentle. He seemed quite worried when I stumbled against a chest of drawers. He still continues his nefarious activities. There's always something cooking. There is a man who owns acres of ranch and he arrives with a 16-year-old boy. "Now he doesn't want to be the first to seduce him. He doesn't want any recriminations. So he asks me and I get in a bird and together we perform, and the bird says to the 16-year-old, 'Why do't you ask the old man to join us?'"

by Anonymousreply 514October 26, 2019 10:49 PM

Scotty was a phenomenon, indeed.

by Anonymousreply 515October 27, 2019 12:20 AM

So he was a child molester, too?

by Anonymousreply 516October 27, 2019 12:20 AM

R514, What is 'bird' referring to?

by Anonymousreply 517October 27, 2019 12:23 AM

"Scotty was a phenomenon, indeed."

Phenomenal scumbag bullshitter, yes he certainly was. And yes, he approved of child molestation. An article stated that "he was molested by a neighbor as a child, but waves away any concern: “There’s nothing wrong with that, baby!”

by Anonymousreply 518October 27, 2019 12:26 AM

R517 "Bird" was 60s slang for a young woman. The British equivalent of "chick".

by Anonymousreply 519October 27, 2019 12:30 AM

R506 = R518, and many other tiresome posts in this thread.

Get a life.

by Anonymousreply 520October 27, 2019 12:41 AM

R518 Probably a frau, or an angry dyke.

by Anonymousreply 521October 27, 2019 12:42 AM

R520/R521 are poor old Scotty lovers. I guess they're into child molestation and bestiality, too. One of them obviously bumped up this thread. But face it, Scotty lovers; the old cocksucker is now worm food. He's no longer here to titillate you with stories of how he fucked everybody and pimped for everybody. He's gone. Get over it.

by Anonymousreply 522October 27, 2019 1:13 AM

I'm a little confused I thought Cecil Beaton was gay. Why would he be inside a 'bird' and why would the bird ask a 16 year old if the old man wants to join in? Lol Sorry, that last part of Beaton's diary entry isn't making any sense to me.

by Anonymousreply 523October 27, 2019 1:25 AM

R523, Yeah it's a little hard to understand. I could be wrong but I think he's relating a story Bowers told him. I think no one on here doubts Bowers was a hustler but whether he had sex with every celebrity he says he did is the question. I think he did not.

by Anonymousreply 524October 27, 2019 1:38 AM

R523 Cecil Beaton was gay (although he had an affair with his long-time friend Greta Garbo). In the diary entry above, Beaton is quoting Scotty , who told him about arranging for a "bird" to join him (Scotty) and a 16-year-old boy in bed; the "old man" referred to is the rancher who employed the boy (and paid to watch Scotty and the "bird" have sex with the boy). The "bird" wants the rancher to join her, Scotty, and the boy in bed.

by Anonymousreply 525October 27, 2019 1:38 AM

I think Cecil Beaton had a bisexual side to him. So he’s using “bird” to mean woman? That’s a very lower class Brit expression. I’m surprised hoity-toity Miss Beaton used it.

by Anonymousreply 526October 27, 2019 1:40 AM

Beaton became very "with it" in the 60s. He dated a much younger American, whom he met at the Toolbox in San Francisco, through much of the decade, and was introduced by him to aspects of the California counter-culture scene. He photographed and hung out with the Stones, and became good friends with Swinging London icons David Bailey and the model Penelope Tree (whose parents were his neighbours in the country). To his credit he kept up with the younger playwrights, and he praised Edward Bond and David Storey effusively in his diaries. He was saddened by Garbo not knowing what "Hair" was, and her increasing cultural ignorance and social isolation. That said, he was at heart still fairly hoity toity. In any case, Beaton was quoting Scotty using the term "bird", not using it himself. Maybe Scotty gad recently the hit Michael Caine movie "Alfie", in which the title character uses the term repeatedly and says, "If you lose a bird you can always replace her."

by Anonymousreply 527October 27, 2019 1:57 AM

Maybe Scotty gad recently

*had recently seen*

by Anonymousreply 528October 27, 2019 2:00 AM

In the 60s Beaton had a relationship with a young man name Kin Hoitsma. Beaton took some wonderful pictures of him which you can find on line. The most famous of which is Kin standing in front of a large Greek head.

by Anonymousreply 529October 27, 2019 9:43 PM

[quote]he most famous of which is Kin standing in front of a large Greek head.

I'd rather see a picture of Kin giving a large Greek head.

by Anonymousreply 530October 28, 2019 8:11 AM

Hoitsma is a Finnish name. I wonder if Kin was related to Tom of Finland.

by Anonymousreply 531October 28, 2019 2:36 PM

Yes, r531. All Finns are related. It's like when you go to Canada and say "Do you know my friend Richard from Toronto?" and they say "Of course!"

by Anonymousreply 532October 28, 2019 6:47 PM

OMG, r532! Do you know Richard from Toronto, too? Small world!

by Anonymousreply 533October 28, 2019 11:01 PM

I wonder if his book will ever get the Hollywood silver screen treatment?

by Anonymousreply 534October 28, 2019 11:09 PM

Micah Stock for Scotty Bowers! He's got the goods!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 535October 29, 2019 12:29 AM

Scotty had that open All-American boy look ... how about Cam Gigandet. He knows the landscape..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 536October 29, 2019 2:14 AM

Cam's got the schlong.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 537October 29, 2019 2:16 AM

Obviously the only movie that could be made of Bower's alleged shenanigans would have to be a porno.

by Anonymousreply 538October 29, 2019 2:39 AM

You'll have to find porn actors who look like Tracy and Hepburn.

by Anonymousreply 539October 29, 2019 7:10 PM

R539 I'm sure that is not impossible!

by Anonymousreply 540October 29, 2019 7:21 PM

R539 I'm sure that is not impossible!

by Anonymousreply 541October 29, 2019 7:21 PM

R526 obviously he was bisexual.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 542April 14, 2020 5:53 PM

Reading this reminds me that we were all gorgeous at one time. Here's to you, Scotty!!

by Anonymousreply 543April 14, 2020 6:06 PM

I thought bird was in common usage at one time. Rex Harrison used to refer to women as birds. Kind of like chick is used here to this day as in chick-flick.

by Anonymousreply 544April 15, 2020 4:15 PM

Someone is bumping all these Hollywod threads.

by Anonymousreply 545April 15, 2020 4:52 PM

thx for the link to the doc.....ivee seen it twice,,,,gosh I admire him, he is a very important gay and hwood figure.

bless u scotty !!!!

by Anonymousreply 546April 16, 2020 10:16 AM

"gosh I admire him, he is a very important gay and hwood figure."

Boy, are you dim bulb. Bowers was truly fucked in the head. He was a hoarder and admitted being molested as a child but said he suffered no ill effects from it. When it came to child molestation he said "nothing wrong with that!" And he was no "important' anything. He was just a slimeball who liked to tell outlandish, unsubstantiated tales.

by Anonymousreply 547April 16, 2020 7:49 PM

Yeah, it was a New Yorker article that revealed Bower's views on child molestation. It stated:

"He reveals to Tyrnauer that he was molested by a neighbor as a child, but waves away any concern: “There’s nothing wrong with that, baby!”

by Anonymousreply 548April 16, 2020 7:52 PM

R544 it still is popular in parts of the UK.

by Anonymousreply 549April 25, 2020 10:10 PM

Watched the documentary. I believe it. I was surprised they included video of him jerking off and oral. I want to see more.

by Anonymousreply 550August 2, 2020 3:05 PM

As the brain shuts down NDEs report a full life review. I wonder if he went out on a mental orgasm.

by Anonymousreply 551August 2, 2020 3:09 PM

R551 Nice thought

by Anonymousreply 552August 2, 2020 5:00 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!