Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Pissy shop queens

Why is it that gay shop queens are always the rudest and most entitled, as if they’re doing customers a favor? The straight guys working retail are much nicer and women are almost always friendly.

But the gays act like they’re the Princess Royal with much better things to do than actually saying hello, offering assistance and ringing up a purchase.

Are these pissy gays embarrassed they’re working retail jobs, most likely for minimum wage?

Whatever the reason, I’m sick of it.

by Anonymousreply 52October 16, 2019 12:02 AM

The proper term for them on DL is “shop bottoms”.

by Anonymousreply 1October 14, 2019 6:57 PM

I like to drop a...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2October 14, 2019 7:06 PM

They're all failed actors/models/sugar babies (I know a few) so they're living their snobby fantasy life the best way they can - by getting associated with a brand and sneering at "commoners". It's sad

by Anonymousreply 3October 14, 2019 7:16 PM

Yesterday at Marshall’s a tranny cashier gave me attitude. In a maaaaarshalllls.

by Anonymousreply 4October 14, 2019 7:28 PM

They only behave that way to other gay men. They want to convey to you that they know you want them and they are appalled at your presumption.

by Anonymousreply 5October 14, 2019 7:29 PM

Fuck that shit. I love my diesel mechanic's shop--done thousands of $ of business there--one day I was doing the "Talky Tina" routine ("My name is Talky Tina") & he burst out laughing--& he's in his 30s . . . best shop in the valley! Only someone special would know about Talky Tina . . .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6October 14, 2019 7:33 PM

Who cares about the shop queens? When I have a major purchase such as a car, furniture, or electronics, I always find the hottest muscular straight guy salesman. I purposefully stretch out the buying process in order to have one-on-one time with him. (I’m my mind, these are my “dates” with him.) I’ll even playfully flirt with him and find reasons to touch his arm. Even is he’s secretly disgusted, he has to play along to keep the sale. But I make it clear that he has to “play my game” in order to close the sale. I even went so far as to get lunch with the BMW salesman I had last year. The “relationships” even make good jack off material.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7October 14, 2019 7:42 PM

That seems quite pathetic, R7, and I’ve read about many sad things on DL.

by Anonymousreply 8October 14, 2019 7:43 PM

How sad for you R7

by Anonymousreply 9October 14, 2019 7:58 PM

R7 is a creep

by Anonymousreply 10October 14, 2019 8:31 PM

R7 is going to get arrested for sexual harassment.

by Anonymousreply 11October 14, 2019 8:35 PM

Good advice R7, I never thought of that. I have tended to stretch out meetings with attractive males but I never did it intentionally.

by Anonymousreply 12October 14, 2019 8:38 PM

I am completely neutral regarding r7's post, so I thought I should weigh in.

by Anonymousreply 13October 14, 2019 8:40 PM

Are we all clear on the point? OP wants us to HATE EACH OTHER. Trolling trolling trolling.

I like a queeny shop bottom, myself, especially a conspiratorial one ("Between you and me, that item is garbage. You should consider this other item". etc etc.

by Anonymousreply 14October 14, 2019 8:41 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15October 14, 2019 8:43 PM

I went to a fancy men's underwear boutique this weekend to get a gift for my boyfriend, and the sales bottoms were both beautifully groomed/dressed and hilariously annoying. They answered my questions, but I kind of wanted them to leave me alone, and so they did. They gave me a little attitude, but it's nothing like I'd experienced on the East Coast, particularly NYC and Boston (where sometimes I have had to make my voice sharp when speaking to the snippy sales help to get them to stop being assholes and realize I would not be bullied).

by Anonymousreply 16October 14, 2019 8:47 PM

How do you know their sexual orientation?

by Anonymousreply 17October 14, 2019 8:48 PM

R17 a if a male is working retail, she’s a Friend of Dorothy.

by Anonymousreply 18October 14, 2019 8:50 PM

The only queens worse than shop bottoms are the bartenders in gay bars, especially "Levi and leather" bars. Such attitude for the privilege in reveling in their cuntitude.

by Anonymousreply 19October 14, 2019 8:52 PM

You only work in a shop you know, you can drop the attitude.

by Anonymousreply 20October 14, 2019 8:53 PM

This is most definitely a bad stereotype, as I've had many nasty old straight women, nasty straight men, and nasty young straight ladies give poor service with an attitude. Especially teenagers at places like Macy's and discount stores.

I also have encountered many very nice professional gay male clerks, and sales associates. There are many working in retail sales or customer service who do not belong there; this isn't a gay phenomenon whatsoever.

by Anonymousreply 21October 14, 2019 9:01 PM

If r14 and others are correct, it would explain why r7 is also a troll.

by Anonymousreply 22October 14, 2019 9:02 PM

Agreed R22.

by Anonymousreply 23October 14, 2019 9:04 PM

R18, tell that to all the straight dudes I know in retail

by Anonymousreply 24October 14, 2019 9:15 PM

Why do you even care what other bottoms think?

by Anonymousreply 25October 14, 2019 9:29 PM

Gotta have coffee first thing in the am; our room service boy on Ruby Princess® was a doll! Really cute Peruvian guy who talked about his "girlfriend", but did a little dance for us each morning after he delivered the order--not sexual, just suggestive/cute--we know it's verboten to fraternize with the crew--they can be instantly dismissed, but he was so above & beyond the usual room service personnel. On our next voyage (we always book the same extended balcony on Caribe deck) we asked about him--crew knew & liked him, but he moved to a different ship . . .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26October 14, 2019 9:51 PM

It's not only shop girls , the FAT OVERWEIGHT FLAMING NELLY AT MY LOCAL WAFFLE HOUSE CAN THROW SOME SHADE .

by Anonymousreply 27October 14, 2019 10:02 PM

R24 - honey, there ain’t no straight men in retail. They might be in the closet, but they still suck dick on the lowdown.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28October 14, 2019 10:16 PM

They’re prissy and bitchy because they regret the fact that they never got an education, and they have to serve us for a living. I’m not annoyed by them, rather I pity them.

by Anonymousreply 29October 14, 2019 11:56 PM

R2 R20

"You can't come in, you're too fat."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30October 15, 2019 1:24 PM

Ignore them. And shop online.

by Anonymousreply 31October 15, 2019 1:27 PM

But then how would OP feed his sense of superiority?!

by Anonymousreply 32October 15, 2019 3:02 PM

OP shops at stores. He’s old.

by Anonymousreply 33October 15, 2019 5:37 PM

Not been in a shop for years, the only time I interact with pissy queens is at airports and on planes.

by Anonymousreply 34October 15, 2019 6:10 PM

I only shop at stores in Paris, London (Harrod’s), and Beverly Hills. Everything else down to the triple-layer pillow-soft Charmin that wipes my butthole clean, is purchased at Amazon.com. Malls and strip centers are for trash people.

by Anonymousreply 35October 15, 2019 6:12 PM

We are somewhat taken aback with all of this nattering on about "shopping"; we simply choose appropriately curated items that are brought out to us for approval or not; accounts are settled in the usual manner . . .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36October 15, 2019 7:47 PM

" Everything else down to the triple-layer pillow-soft Charmin that wipes my butthole clean, "

You fucking wish.

by Anonymousreply 37October 15, 2019 8:09 PM

[quote]The straight guys working retail are much nicer

Straight guys will use you like a tool you fucking moron.

by Anonymousreply 38October 15, 2019 8:11 PM

I enjoy the way straight men at stores often attend to me. Pseudo affectionate and protective.

by Anonymousreply 39October 15, 2019 8:35 PM

R7 completely pathetic

by Anonymousreply 40October 15, 2019 8:39 PM

[quote]Pseudo affectionate and protective.

Translation: taking advantage of your desperation so that you spend money on shit you neither need nor originally wanted to begin with.

by Anonymousreply 41October 15, 2019 8:41 PM

When I moved to Boston last year, I used an apartment locating service to find a unit in Beacon Hill. I called a locator based on his picture in the online ad, and Chad did not disappoint! He was 6’3, chestnut hair, about 30 years old, and muscular build. I was immediately attracted to him, even though he had a picture of him and his female fiance on his desk. We hit it off and had a playful repartee. I knew which apartment I wanted to take on the first appointment, but I made 2 additional appointments in order to hang out a couple more hours with him. We even went for beers one late afternoon. The moral of the story is always get a hot straight young man who knows he’s hot, he will enjoy the attention and compliments, and you will have him eating out of your hand to get the sale.

by Anonymousreply 42October 15, 2019 9:13 PM

Shop bottoms are all friendly and nice when they think I’m straight. The minute they realize I’m gay (like if my bf walks in), the attitude starts

by Anonymousreply 43October 15, 2019 9:40 PM

[quote]The minute they realize I’m gay (like if my bf walks in)

Or the minute they realize you aren't available.

by Anonymousreply 44October 15, 2019 9:41 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45October 15, 2019 9:43 PM

R7 sounds like a psychopath and proud of it.

by Anonymousreply 46October 15, 2019 9:43 PM

[quote] FAT OVERWEIGHT FLAMING NELLY AT MY LOCAL WAFFLE HOUSE CAN THROW SOME SHADE .

That bitch is HONGRY, hunty! She wants some too!

by Anonymousreply 47October 15, 2019 9:44 PM

As a recovering former pissy shop queen who recently gave it all up to go back to school for a MBA, it truly is nothing other than insecurity and a hatred for everything corporate america represents

by Anonymousreply 48October 15, 2019 9:47 PM

Sad and bitter people get a temporary high from cunty attitude.

by Anonymousreply 49October 15, 2019 9:58 PM

“The minute they realize I’m gay (like my bf walks in)”

Nice try honey. They realize you’re gay the minute you open your mouth and your purse falls out.

by Anonymousreply 50October 15, 2019 10:00 PM

Patroness of all shop bottoms

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51October 15, 2019 10:35 PM

Funny how shop bottoms pretend they are at the height of fashion and everyone else is beneath them, when they got their fashion off the employee-discount rack

by Anonymousreply 52October 16, 2019 12:02 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!