Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Nudity banned in a locker room! WTF?

Hard to believe, but some uptight YMCA has banned nudity in common areas of their locker rooms. This came from a Y in redneck Jefferson City, Missouri.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 168November 19, 2019 9:10 PM

Do we know the visibility of the areas requiring a towel? For example, are these areas visible from hallways? Are facilities shared between men and women?

by Anonymousreply 1October 13, 2019 2:58 PM

Some oldies get exhibitionistic and sit for hours with their sagging bits out at the Y. It’s not pretty.

by Anonymousreply 2October 13, 2019 3:01 PM

Unbelievable. Sadly most young guys today already do towel dances to avoid being seen naked. Of course they then go home to perform on Chaturbate, Snapchat and whatever other sites they prefer. But being seen without clothes in the natural course of activity? That’s gay.

by Anonymousreply 3October 13, 2019 3:05 PM

What r3 said.

I’ve seen many men that take forever to get dressed and just let their stuff hang out. I’ve actually seen people complain about it in the past, usually young guys take issue when someone is naked and takes their time.

It’s one thing to be naked fast and get dressed as quickly as possible, but it’s different when they linger naked or walk around naked.

by Anonymousreply 4October 13, 2019 3:07 PM

R4: I'd be disappointed if you pervs didn't show up to proclaim your love of locker room nudity and naked swimming. It follow as the night onto day. My Sunday can now truly begin.

by Anonymousreply 5October 13, 2019 3:10 PM

Go to the locker room to change your clothes and shower after your workout, then go home. It's those pervy people who loiter and linger and are looking for something else that create problems for everyone. I understand that there was a time when meet ups in the locker room were tolerated, but with apps and everything else, there is no reason for this nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 6October 13, 2019 3:25 PM

If these “oldies” are as elderly as you are saying I don’t think we should discourage them from airing things out a bit.

by Anonymousreply 7October 13, 2019 3:29 PM

I would also like to ban bare-ass sitting on benches. Put a towel down, for God's sake.

by Anonymousreply 8October 13, 2019 3:29 PM

This is fun. It never occurred to me that younger men in locker rooms are getting the treatment women get every day by lecherous men.

MeToo arrives in the men’s locker room!

by Anonymousreply 9October 13, 2019 3:32 PM

generations have endured this behavior at the Y for decades / somehow we survived

by Anonymousreply 10October 13, 2019 3:40 PM

Many Y's are very oriented to families. Lots of kids around, including in the locker rooms. I think that their policy is an overreaction and overly strict, but I'm not surprised they implemented it.

by Anonymousreply 11October 13, 2019 3:57 PM

Public nudity is all fun and games until you catch anal warts.

by Anonymousreply 12October 13, 2019 4:03 PM

R12 you got a point,

by Anonymousreply 13October 13, 2019 4:13 PM

Honestly as a little gay boy it was very helpful to see a wide variety of naked men in the locker room. Not everyone looked like an Abercrombie model (the prevailing image of the day). Seeing other men nude in a non-sexual situation is helpful, not harmful.

by Anonymousreply 14October 13, 2019 4:18 PM

[quote]Many Y's are very oriented to families.

Well, since it's the Young Men's CHRISTIAN Association, this is not surprising.

by Anonymousreply 15October 13, 2019 4:18 PM

They took the fun out of the YMCA

by Anonymousreply 16October 13, 2019 4:25 PM

Are religious freaks responsible for this? Who's on the board?

by Anonymousreply 17October 13, 2019 4:44 PM

Where do jock straps fall in all of this?

by Anonymousreply 18October 13, 2019 4:46 PM

More American silliness- OMG- nude! How the hell does one avoid being naked in a locker room? Leave a sock on until after the towel choreography?

by Anonymousreply 19October 13, 2019 6:05 PM

Most Y's, like the one in my city, have a separate locker room for minor males. No adults are allowed in the area for under 18 males. Moms can bring very young males into the women's dressing room.

by Anonymousreply 20October 13, 2019 6:27 PM

It’s the state Capitol.

It’s probably the immature, body conscious prisspots who can’t handle nudity. They would not survive their first night in military basic training. Too weak, too puritanical too effeminate.

by Anonymousreply 21October 13, 2019 6:43 PM

Ridiculous. No nudity creates unnecessary paranoia. Seeing other males naked is not harmful.

by Anonymousreply 22October 13, 2019 6:46 PM

That list doesn't seem ridiculous, what am I missing? Nudity isn't banned in the locker room, it's banned in the hallways, saunas and bathroom area. The locker room itself isn't even listed.

by Anonymousreply 23October 13, 2019 6:51 PM

Straights don’t want to see other men’s cocks and asses.

by Anonymousreply 24October 13, 2019 6:52 PM

Criminals.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25October 13, 2019 6:56 PM

Straights see plenty of cocks and asses. The problem is straight men don't want to be oogled and propositioned or walk into a shower area or steam room where there is sex going on. I don't think that is unreasonable.

by Anonymousreply 26October 13, 2019 6:56 PM

Look what happens when you allow nudity.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27October 13, 2019 6:57 PM

Occasion of sin.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28October 13, 2019 7:00 PM

Correction, r27. Straights can’t handle being ogled - fine when they ogle women but they don’t like being on the receiving end.

The rules don’t forbid sex, just nudity. Please don’t tell me you think all nudity is sex.

by Anonymousreply 29October 13, 2019 7:03 PM

Spot on, R29. They can't stand being objectified.

by Anonymousreply 30October 13, 2019 7:05 PM

Not necessarily pervs. It's a generational thing. We have some older straight guys, 70s plus, who think it's ok to sit around the tv room in the men's locker nude. Or hang out at the lockers for 45 minutes with their dinglies hanging out shooting the breeze. I think it's disgusting and their taking up space in the locker area. Fuck off you old fuckers.

by Anonymousreply 31October 13, 2019 7:07 PM

Nudity should be allowed walking to the shower.

And nudity should certainly be allowed in the sauna. It’s the one place to relax unencumbered by clothes and coverings after working out. If you don’t want see a naked man, then don’t fucking go in the sauna. Jesus Christ, these delicate snowflakes ruin every goddamn thing.

by Anonymousreply 32October 13, 2019 7:11 PM

That’s a recent obsession. Until relatively recently, men had walked around naked everywhere in a locker room. This is nonsense helicopter parenting bullshit.

If you’re such a sissy you need a therapy animal to change clothes in a locker room, stay home. Maybe you should just go to a locker room free yoga studio.

You’re that afraid of seeing a dick you’ve classified every man as a predator? Go fuck yourself you twatstreudel.

by Anonymousreply 33October 13, 2019 7:25 PM

Up until the 90s even young guys were naked in saunas sitting on towels and walking to and from the communal shower room naked. It changed very quickly then. The family gym where my sister goes while not as strict s the above sign forbids even towels in the sauna or steam room. One must be in at least a bathing suit. And each individual shower stall has its own changing cubicle.

I remember even in the 70s straight guys joking about there being homos in the locker room but they had a fuck it attitude they were going to be naked. Why this sudden 180 at that particular moment I'm not sure. While nudity is not forbidden in my gym locker room guys rarely go into the sauna even in towels they go in their gym clothes. I don't like saunas but if I did guys in their gym clothes in it seem pretty gross.

I think though if you don't like nudity people should shower and change at home. It's not difficult. People do it all the time. Also if you are going to work just dry off the sweat and cover yourself with deodorant. This is what many guys do. That's what people should be told if they're so worried about 'health and safety.'

by Anonymousreply 34October 13, 2019 7:26 PM

I just think old men's dingle dangles are disgusting. And don't get me started on sitting on the chairs in the tv room with your bare bottoms.

by Anonymousreply 35October 13, 2019 7:28 PM

R35 then just don't use locker rooms except to go to the bathroom if you find seeing old people naked so traumatic. In fact many gyms now have separate bathroom facilities. Do you want them to have vomit bags as well? And the overwhelming majority of gyms today don't have TV rooms so I don't know where you're going except into the twilight zone with Rod Serling..

by Anonymousreply 36October 13, 2019 7:33 PM

One day you too will have an old man dingle dangle, r36

by Anonymousreply 37October 13, 2019 7:35 PM

I cannot believe what I’m reading. OMG, someone without cloths, and worse, someone old without cloths. God this country is fucked up- the only men, straight or gay, who worry about others “looking at them” and being turned on- are fucked up. This is not something Europeans or South Americans spend a second worrying about and neither have I. When I was a kid, swim time in the Y pool was all naked. When I was in junior high school on to high, gym class locker rooms were normal and towel dancing did not happen. When I’m skiing in Europe at the end of the day in the spas men, women and children mingle in the pools saunas and steam rooms, some with Towels and some without. What the flying fuck is the problem? Sick people.

by Anonymousreply 38October 13, 2019 7:47 PM

is it just the men's? because if it's both locker rooms, I have an idea why suddenly naked bodies are being asked to cover up.

by Anonymousreply 39October 13, 2019 7:51 PM

Why’s that R39?

by Anonymousreply 40October 13, 2019 7:58 PM

well,, they have to allow anyone who 'identifies' as a female into the women's or all hell breaks loose. unfortunately, most females aren't crazy about prancing cocks in the ladies locker area especially when it's usually half full with minors. they likely don't have a broom closet big enough to force any complaining females to change in so, voila, cover up.

by Anonymousreply 41October 13, 2019 8:02 PM

I regularly attend Barry's Bootcamp and find it amusing that the same guys who strip off their shirts 5 minutes after class begins become so modest when preparing for the shower.

by Anonymousreply 42October 13, 2019 8:04 PM

But then if men who identify as female change at their locker females and little girsl are still possibly going to see their genitals so that can't be the reason.

by Anonymousreply 43October 13, 2019 8:06 PM

but, they won't be air fluffing their pubes at the blow dryers.

by Anonymousreply 44October 13, 2019 8:09 PM

The Village People are weeping (wherever they are)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45October 13, 2019 8:14 PM

For the love of god, not every thread has to be a trans thread.

by Anonymousreply 46October 13, 2019 8:20 PM

There are multiple YMCAs in Jefferson City per Google so surely if your demand to see strange saggy balls is that great you can just go to another Y?

We have no context for this! Maybe it's the designated family YMCA.

by Anonymousreply 47October 13, 2019 8:23 PM

R46 Oh yes it does.

by Anonymousreply 48October 13, 2019 8:25 PM

This was not an issue in the past because men did not ever think of gays. Now that LGBT are out mainstream they feel uncomfortable and don’t want someone in the room to be a gay dude eyeing them down.

by Anonymousreply 49October 13, 2019 8:26 PM

I'm surprised swim trunks aren't required for the shower too. People are becoming more uptight in this country each day.

by Anonymousreply 50October 13, 2019 8:40 PM

If I have to wear shorts in the shower I can't wash my dingle dangle and my bare bottom.

by Anonymousreply 51October 13, 2019 8:45 PM

Well it is a Christian organization. I'm just surprised this hasn't come up for all YMCAs long ago.

by Anonymousreply 52October 13, 2019 9:10 PM

In my experience it is usually the lesser-hung guys who do the most elaborate towel veiling dance. At this point I just assume a guy resorting to extreme measures has a small cock.

by Anonymousreply 53October 13, 2019 9:24 PM

R52, it didn't come up in the oldy days because real Christians back then were not homosexual.

by Anonymousreply 54October 13, 2019 9:27 PM

Naked deathfats are an assault on the senses! Hallelujah!

by Anonymousreply 55October 13, 2019 9:31 PM

I saw something very similar at A. Rod's gym chain in Mexico City, Energy Fitness. The sign was at a busy location in the business district of Paseo de la Reforma at the new Reforma 222 highrise. Said "underwear must be on" at all times in the lockerrom. So, put them on in the shower.

I visited a different branch of the same gym in the fancier Polanco neighborhood (based on the hotties posting on IG). Frequented by models, actors, beautiful people. No such policy and everyone was just letting it all hang out - lockers, blow drying their hair/bodies, in the steamroom, and sauna. At least two attendants constantly cleaning the facilities. They never went into the steamroom and sauna though, and there was plenty of stuff going on.

Lesson learned - let the prudes have their gym and find a more welcoming one.

Side note: this gym was the only one I've ever been to where people greeted the whole sauna/steamroom when they came and went. Such politeness.

by Anonymousreply 56October 13, 2019 9:58 PM

It's the same Cuntians who demand "Christian men" not be in a room alone with women they're not married to - including at work. They call HR and "demand accommodation" Here's my accomodation, Sharia Sherri - fuck you. That's not in the Bible. You've made this crap up with Billy Graham.

So, stuff it up your twathole. Find a new job. To quote our FAVORITE president, 'YOU'RE FIRED!"

by Anonymousreply 57October 13, 2019 9:58 PM

R57 it’s for accountability. I’m not Christian but I get it, especially in today’s climate.

by Anonymousreply 58October 13, 2019 10:01 PM

Grown men who say “dingle dangle” are as insufferable as those who worry about anyone getting turned on by seeing their cocks. Change at home you whiny fucking pussies!

by Anonymousreply 59October 13, 2019 10:14 PM

Nudidity makes me breathe funny.

by Anonymousreply 60October 13, 2019 10:24 PM

R38 and many, other Datalounge creeps are only upset because they have lost the ability to voyeur on unsuspecting straight guys.

All the protests on Datalounge only prove the “effeminates’” suspicions correct!

If I had a dime for every DLer who complained about “towel dances,” because they believe they’re entitled to ogle strangers’ genitals, I could buy everyone at the Y pants!

P.S. I’m a gay male and I don’t like being leered at by the fat Dennis Hasterts, either.

by Anonymousreply 61October 13, 2019 10:33 PM

There are hundreds, thousands, of uploaded locker room videos made without consent of the men photographed. I think this attitude of 'if they don't want to show me their dicks, they must be small!' attitude is delusional and self-serving -- perhaps those doing the 'towel dance' recognise the very real risk that there is some troll nearby who believes they have the right to record strangers in what should be a safe environment.

by Anonymousreply 62October 13, 2019 10:48 PM

Most millennials don't bathe properly so they could use a visit to the shower.

Instead, Mommy gives them a sponge bath and pays for their gaming.

by Anonymousreply 63October 13, 2019 10:49 PM

The only time I have ever seen anything like this was 30 years ago at the gym (if I recall, it was a YMCA) in Salt Lake City. You had to wear a bathing suit in the sauna and steam room. Some guys just wore a towel and then loosened it when they sat down. Those Mormons wanted to see dick too.

by Anonymousreply 64October 13, 2019 11:01 PM

This isn’t about a right to ogle. I think we can all agree the vast majority of flesh on view in a locker room is not so attractive.

It’s also not attractive to sexualize situations that are not sexual. Nudity does not have to lead to sex. Changing out of sweaty wet clothes, bathing and drying properly are good hygiene.

It’s also not attractive to generalize about old men staring. If they are as old as you say their eyesight is probably gone and they can’t see you anyway. Setting this up as an us vs. them situation does not help anything.

Nudity is to be expected in a locker room. Sexual activity isn’t. If you dislike the idea of naked men then by all means change at home.

The ban is not on ogling - it is on being nude in the locker room. Oglers don’t have to be nude to look so I don’t see how discussing them addresses the ridiculous prudish goal of the ban.

by Anonymousreply 65October 13, 2019 11:03 PM

I hate wearing a bathing suit in the steam and sauna. It's so uncomfortable and clammy. You're supposed to be naked in the steam room and sauna--that's the point!!

by Anonymousreply 66October 13, 2019 11:04 PM

I like to work out, eat healthy and watch my weight. I don't have a scale at home, and I like to weigh myself in the YMCA gym locker room where there is a digital scale. And I walk naked from my locker to the scale (about 20 feet away). I want to weight myself completely naked--and not with a towel on. And there's no where to put the towel near the scale other than on the floor, which I don't want to do. So if anyone sees my naked body walking back and forth before I head to the showers, too fucking bad.

by Anonymousreply 67October 13, 2019 11:09 PM

R62 Ask the gym if they’ve had problems like that, and if so - did they contact the police and file charges. If not, then they’ve pulled it out their ass with stranger danger bullshit.

Grow the fuck up.

by Anonymousreply 68October 14, 2019 12:04 AM

IT'S THE "YOUNG GUYS DON'T LET ME SEE THEM NAKED IN THE LOCKER ROOM" TROLL AGAIN

The guy who is always posting about how men were naked together all the time until recently and how horrible it is, because you know, he can't stare at the hot young naked guys in the locker room anymore

by Anonymousreply 69October 14, 2019 12:07 AM

Three mothers wrote to my council in 1964.

They wanted a changing cubicle within the Ladies' Dressing Sheds at Council’s three swimming pools. They didn’t want their daughters changing in the open of the toilet cubicle whilst other youngsters, contrary to rules, are changing in the toilet and shower accommodation.

One of them said it is ‘difficult enough to rear our children and train them in modesty and self-discipline’.

Council decided two cubicles would be constructed at all three pools.

by Anonymousreply 70October 14, 2019 12:10 AM

Meanwhile in public bathing facilities in Germany you MUST be nude in certain areas.

by Anonymousreply 71October 14, 2019 12:11 AM

I wear gym shorts and bring my towel in steam room. Sometimes just the towel. I don't care if someone wants to look at my body. Never did. I'm 37 and built. Yea the gross old men hang out but what the fuck do I care. I do whatever I need to do and then leave. People are so weird to let things bother them like this.

by Anonymousreply 72October 14, 2019 12:35 AM

Mike Pence called Mother to tell her the news. He prefers getting his bottom rocked in cheap motels anyway

by Anonymousreply 73October 14, 2019 12:44 AM

R49 nails it.

[quote]OMG, someone without cloths, and worse, someone old without cloths.

I realize this topic has you all riled up, but the letter E is your friend.

by Anonymousreply 74October 14, 2019 3:40 AM

In the mid 1980s public schools in California and many other places stopped requiring showers after gym classes, initially to save water and then to save on the towel budget, etc. I think the hysterical prudery dates to that time. For those of us who remember the 70s we dreaded the move to junior high in part because we'd have to shower in front of the other boys. Then we did it and got over it (and ourselves). As a young gay guy I was far too worried about springing an unwanted erection to ogle anyone else...

So now I'm one of those horrible old guys who has no problem stripping off and carrying my towel to the locker room showers. If anyone wants to see, that's fine by me. If they don't want to see, they don't have to look. Nudity is not sex, and extreme modesty is unhealthy. I've been all over the world, and Americans are the only ones who appear to suffer from this nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 75October 14, 2019 4:06 AM

R75 I grew up in the 60s & 70s when showering after gym meant ... 40 man group showers with coaches standing there watching you to make sure you got in the shower and washed. Nobody went to class stinky after gym. You'd get suspended for that.

Then I spent a large part of my life in the military where it was group showers. Being hyper body conscious was something you got over and everybody talked and joked in the shower. Sure there were some hot guys, but these were people you worked with. You learned to control yourself.

Later, as a civilian - I belonged to some serious musclehead gyms even though I will never be a muscle guy. It was just the only one walkable from my apartment. Lots of nudity, group showers and yeah - some serious non sexual horseplay. Lots of cops went to that gym and they're even nuttier than the military guys. Sitting on your towel with your crotch barely covered in a steam room was just a natural thing. Nobody needed mommy to rescue them from that bad man with a penis every time they needed to change.

A bunch of you under 30s need to grow up and learn how to stop being pathetic puritans. You can't seem to get jobs that support yourselves, can't socialize without having asthma attacks, and expect the world to accomodate you and your bizarre whims. You're trumpier than trump. What a failed generation: you swoon over a dick.

by Anonymousreply 76October 14, 2019 4:24 AM

[quote]Meanwhile in public bathing facilities in Germany you MUST be nude in certain areas.

"ACHTUNG! You VILL be neckit hier!"

by Anonymousreply 77October 14, 2019 4:28 AM

Er, how many under 30s do you think post here?

by Anonymousreply 78October 14, 2019 4:35 AM

R78 All of them and too damn many.

by Anonymousreply 79October 14, 2019 4:37 AM

Maybe this is a result of that Equinox lawsuit. Where the 2 gay guys started something sexual with each other in the steam room in front of a straight guy. And he reported it to management. But when it was treated as no big deal. He filed a Pending lawsuit

by Anonymousreply 80October 14, 2019 8:50 AM

Italy is pretty prudish. I went to a gym there and walked naked to and from the shower and got some what is this weird guy doing looks. They also and I found this truly weird and never seen it anywhere else wear bathrobes in the locker rooms. They must take up an entire gym bag.

I've been to a gym chain in Paris and they seemed pretty comfortable with nudity though I haven't been there in quite a while.

It bothers me here even when old guys do the towel dance. And they do. It makes one feel uncomfortable being naked in a locker room. Like the very act of being naked, completely stripping down, getting the most out of a sauna or steam room showering and walking back to the locker to totally dry down unencumbered by covering up while doing it makes you feel like a perv.

by Anonymousreply 81October 14, 2019 11:22 AM

While I have no proof of why the towel dance started, I suspect it was the cell phone w/ a camera.

In my gym that is when it started.

The clandestine pictures taken in the locker room and shared on the DL is proof enough.

by Anonymousreply 82October 14, 2019 11:44 AM

Could we go back to online distribution of sex videos as well as the instawhore nonsense? How does this fit to the same men being scrupulously modest in locker-rooms? Is it because they "control" their digital vulgarity? At least there is a reason to be nude in a locker-room.

by Anonymousreply 83October 14, 2019 11:55 AM

This whole thing is ridiculous. Anyone who's afraid of being ogled or photographed can wear a towel or gym clothes as they saunter around. Anyone who's not afraid can let it all hang out—that's his problem. To make everyone cover up is like saying that we're all eye-raped at seeing nekkidity on parade. In the sauna at my gym a few are naked (normally ancient Jabba-like men), most have a towel around them and when they get up occasionally their butt or dick is revealed for a second; some are in gym clothes, usually because they're just warming up before their workout. No trauma.

by Anonymousreply 84October 14, 2019 12:02 PM

Christ, young men are doing the towel dance at the gay bathhouse I frequent. One second they can be lying on a bed getting fucked in front of a crowd, yet, they suddenly get modest in the locker room?

by Anonymousreply 85October 14, 2019 12:11 PM

Stupid cunts

by Anonymousreply 86October 14, 2019 12:28 PM

So strange. I go to New York Sports Club and there’s a very eclectic mix of young guys who go to insane lengths to make sure nobody sees then naked, but then there’s also some leering old men who sit around naked on the benches with their little button mushroom dicks on full display. The sauna is another story... it’s like a bathhouse in there. Guys jerking off, sucking each other. It’s pretty much understood by anyone who goes to NYSC if you’re in the sauna, you’re looking to have fun.

by Anonymousreply 87October 14, 2019 12:45 PM

There’s this gorgeous little hottie who goes to my gym. Short muscular Italian. We are frequently at the gym at the same time, so we wind up in the locker room together. He goes to great lengths to do the towel dance and make sure nobody can see him naked. Meanwhile, the guy has what looks like a giant fucking dick jutting out from under his towel. I’m sorry but if I was hung like this young guy most likely is, i would be swinging that shit around for all to see as much as possible in the locker room.

by Anonymousreply 88October 14, 2019 12:48 PM

[quote] HISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!! Hot young guyssssssssss won't let me sssssssssee their cockssssssss in the locker room! It'ssss the only reasssssson I go to the gym! HISSSSSSSSSS!!!! HISSSSSSSS!!!!

--2/3 of the posts in this thread

by Anonymousreply 89October 14, 2019 1:32 PM

Towel dancing changes are like presidential tax returns: if someone goes to great lengths to hide something routine you can bet there is something that is not quite right being hidden.

by Anonymousreply 90October 14, 2019 3:11 PM

Americans are too uptight about non sexual nudity in the locker room and situations.

However, no one likes to have unattractive people (old men, fatties, social retards who are never seen on the gym floor, but only use the locker room) leering at them. In that situation, it brings an unwanted sexual situation, and who can blame hotties from denying that visual assault from the fugs?

by Anonymousreply 91October 14, 2019 4:13 PM

R61- I don't ogle anyone in the gym- well every now and then I give a glance to someone hot. Has nothing to do with being naked though. Just as likely to glance at a hot guy dressed or working out as when naked. Now I do laugh at fellows wriggling out of their undies under a towel or shimmying them up under the towel. And sometimes these guys are tatted, tanned and manscaped to the point of not having a square inch on them untouched. Most of all- I don't think about the nonsense you R61, think I do. Fuck, I'm better looking and more fit than 99% of all of them.

by Anonymousreply 92October 14, 2019 4:40 PM

[quote] Fuck, I'm better looking and more fit than 99% of all of them.

🙄^

by Anonymousreply 93October 14, 2019 4:44 PM

I'm afraid of people taking my pic, yet I show my hole online.

by Anonymousreply 94October 14, 2019 5:20 PM

Ultimately, and I don't mean any shade by this, isn't this a generational thing that those of us under 50 really don't care about? I appreciate and respect all of you who used to swim naked and walk around the locker room with everything flopping around. When I went to college in 1989, my first dorm had one of those gang showers with no partitions and if you were modest, you had to get over it, or find a time to shower when no one else was showering. I don't think that either way is better or worse. It's just that things change.

by Anonymousreply 95October 14, 2019 5:49 PM

[quote] It's just that things change.

And nothing unnerves many of our DLEGs quite like change, R95.

It seems to remind them of their own mortality.

by Anonymousreply 96October 14, 2019 5:54 PM

R93- yeah I know that was obnoxious- these body fearing trolls are too much for me to take. Spend some time abroad-

by Anonymousreply 97October 14, 2019 5:58 PM

[quote] and walk around the locker room with everything flopping around.

They most decidedly did not flop around. They bounced and swung in a felicitous manner.

by Anonymousreply 98October 14, 2019 6:01 PM

Back in the day I had a Bally's membership I got cruised almost every time I went there. Never partook though. i thought then as I do now It's pretty tacky.

by Anonymousreply 99October 14, 2019 8:41 PM

The free spirit and luring gazes of the Bubbles Devere type geezers literally RAPE the Gen Z ephebes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100October 14, 2019 8:51 PM

So many " I deserve to see other people naked whether they want me to or not but I'm not a perv" takes. Hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 101October 14, 2019 9:05 PM

So many " I deserve to see other people naked whether they want me to or not but I'm not a perv" takes. Hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 102October 14, 2019 9:05 PM

R102 Not a single person has written that. That exists only in your imagination.

by Anonymousreply 103October 14, 2019 10:06 PM

The ban at this Y is about preventing nudity, not voyeurism. Not sure how demanding everyone wear a burka in the locker room addresses the concerns of some delicate flower about being seen while changing.

It would seem to be punishing the innocent rather than the guilty.

by Anonymousreply 104October 14, 2019 10:11 PM

To the poster who went to one gym in Italy and determined that the country is uncomfortable with nudity....You are so wrong.

I live in Germany and visit many other countries, only in the US and England have I encountered prudish locker rooms and silly rules.

In my country nudity is mandatory in the shower and sauna, no towel around the waist the towel goes under your butt and your feet it is to protect the wood, not your modesty.

I do some travel for work and in the US have seen men shower in underclothes so as not to be naked in the stall (no curtain stalls) and swimsuits in sauna and steam.

by Anonymousreply 105October 14, 2019 10:39 PM

I went to my YMCA this morning. I walked from the locker area to the shower and back totally naked. I stop and weighed myself. After showering, I moisturized my entire body head to toe, and I dried my hair all completely naked. Then I got dressed. It’s the way I like it, and the way it should be in a locker room. I saw some guys being more modest and others doing their naked routine as me.

Get naked. Stay naked. Fight the towel dancers.

by Anonymousreply 106October 14, 2019 11:25 PM

Well I gave you my experiences in Italy and France and I have found the Italians to be incredibly shy about their bodies. I mean nowhere even in the US at its most prudish have I seen men in bathrobes in a locker room like I did in Italy. I'm sure Germany is a whole different thing.

And I pointed out that in my gym in NJ guys go into saunas fully clothed in their gym wear. Only a couple of decades this would have been ludicrous and unsanitary. Going naked would have been fine. Now you would be looked on as a degenerate. Nobody would dare.

by Anonymousreply 107October 15, 2019 1:58 AM

[quote] This whole thing is ridiculous. Anyone who's afraid of being ogled or photographed can wear a towel or gym clothes as they saunter around.

Yeah, the elderly pervs here who are so hysterical in this thread at this requirement (which is in only ONE gym, and in the absolute middle of nowhere, might I add) are notoriously REALLY tolerant on Datalounge of younger men in the locker room wearing towels when they walk around.

Tolerance is their middle name!

by Anonymousreply 108October 15, 2019 2:09 AM

Newsflash to concerned potential ogle-ees:

The guy looking at you may not think you are hot.

He might be wondering if you realize your steroids are giving you acne on your back. He might be wondering how you got that rash. He might be wondering if that boil will burst. He might be wondering why you got that tattoo and if you regret it. He might be wondering why you are scowling at everyone and thinking you are much hotter than you are. He might be wondering why you are not putting more energy into your workouts if you really want to lose more weight.

by Anonymousreply 109October 15, 2019 6:22 PM

Men who are secure and comfortable with themselves don’t care if other men see them naked in a locker room. If a man does a towel dance, that’s his business. Yet, he looks ridiculous and insecure.

by Anonymousreply 110October 15, 2019 7:57 PM

My best friend just switched gyms because of gay guys. He says, some gay guys hit on him at the gym, he politely told them he's not interested, the first time, then the second time told them he's not gay. They then started following him to the locker room and one made a comment, like damn. He switched gyms and at the new gym, he always wears under pants.

by Anonymousreply 111October 15, 2019 8:40 PM

R111 that never happened and we don't need your shitty anti-gay stereotypes here.

by Anonymousreply 112October 15, 2019 9:10 PM

Jesus Christ what does your friend look like? A combination of Alain Delon and Rock Hudson? I mean it sounds like your friend is always going to have constantly change gyms until he finally gets one in his own home where all these homos aren't drooling over him and making his life a living hell.

by Anonymousreply 113October 15, 2019 9:17 PM

Amazing how these lurid tales always happen to someone else, never to the person claiming the tale.

by Anonymousreply 114October 15, 2019 9:27 PM

Have the village people responded to this news?

by Anonymousreply 115October 15, 2019 9:29 PM

R112, it happened. Orlando downtown gym. Last December.

by Anonymousreply 116October 15, 2019 10:02 PM

So is your friend really amazingly gorgeous?

by Anonymousreply 117October 15, 2019 10:03 PM

mincing queens following him into the locker room after being shot down 2 TIMES, commenting on his hot Masc perfection?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118October 15, 2019 10:04 PM

[quote] Men who are secure and comfortable with themselves don’t care if other men see them naked in a locker room. If a man does a towel dance, that’s his business. Yet, he looks ridiculous and insecure.

Men who are truly secure and comfortable with themselves honestly don't care if others seem them as ridiculous and insecure.

And men who are truly secure and comfortable with themselves do not make ridiculous judgments about what others do or do not wear in the locker room.

by Anonymousreply 119October 15, 2019 10:05 PM

I can't help but judge the plain, the pudgy and the middle aged who do the towel dance. I almost want to say 'But you have nothing to worry about!'

by Anonymousreply 120October 15, 2019 10:12 PM

Let it all hang out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121October 15, 2019 10:17 PM

“ Men who are secure and comfortable with themselves don’t care if other men see them naked in a locker room. If a man does a towel dance, that’s his business. Yet, he looks ridiculous and insecure.”

No, your view is a distinctly minority view today. Changing with a towel, if at all in public, is the normal, most prevalent view and conduct today.

by Anonymousreply 122October 15, 2019 10:52 PM

R116 I’ve been going to a gym, in some form since the late 70s. Never, even at a gay bathhouse, have I seen throngs of men stalking their prey in the locker room.

by Anonymousreply 123October 15, 2019 11:09 PM

R123 Remember the venue. DL, home of extreme PTSD and self-hatred about all things gay that have any wiff of sex. Also we are routinely trolled to create group conflict. It will get worse through 2020.

by Anonymousreply 124October 15, 2019 11:15 PM

Straight men are absolutely terrified of being objectified like they treat women.

by Anonymousreply 125October 15, 2019 11:24 PM

I think straight men tend to be uncomfortable with gay men because gay men tend to be more sexual than straight guys. Also, many straight guys would cry if a woman hit on them the way that they flirt with women.

by Anonymousreply 126October 16, 2019 2:53 AM

Also, a lot of gay men act so desperate and lack the type of subtlety necessary in public spaces.

by Anonymousreply 127October 16, 2019 3:00 AM

To hell with you apologists. I bring rope and duct tape into the steamroom.

by Anonymousreply 128October 16, 2019 6:59 AM

[quote]I think straight men tend to be uncomfortable with gay men because [bold]gay men tend to be more sexual than straight guys.[/bold]

This is homophobic bullshit, R126. It’s this same stereotype that fuels so-called gay panic defenses from gay bashers and murderers, and the myth that all gays are pedophiles, and that we deserve to get STIs like HIV as punishment. Straight men catcall, harass, coerce, grope and rape women daily. Gay men may be no better but we are certainly no worse.

Great fucking job doing the work of our enemies, Unless of course you are one of our enemies? Why do you come to a gay website and claim some bullshit that we’re more sexual and straight men should be uncomfortable around us?

by Anonymousreply 129October 16, 2019 12:08 PM

DL is filled with homo-hating trollery nowadays.

by Anonymousreply 130October 16, 2019 11:53 PM

Yeah straight men act with the necessary subtlety required when dealing with women in public spaces.

by Anonymousreply 131October 17, 2019 4:54 AM

I AM a gay man, you screeching hellcat, R129. What I stated was obviously a personal observation -- Most gay men I know are more sexual than most of the straight guys I know, and, FYI, the straight guys I know do not "catcall, harass, coerce, grope and rape women daily" as you say. I don't consider being sexual a bad thing, but you apparently do if you think that saying gay men are more sexual than straight men is homophobic. Btw, catcalling, harassing, coercing, groping and raping is not being sexual; those are about power and show lack of self-control and social awareness.

by Anonymousreply 132October 18, 2019 4:32 PM

R132 has a very special personal observation that most of us do not share. We can move on.

New Orleans Athletic Club requires a towel around the waist in ALL areas save the shower.

by Anonymousreply 133October 18, 2019 6:47 PM

Maybe the frauen who establish these policies might want to go out and get a job.

by Anonymousreply 134October 18, 2019 7:09 PM

Up until the 90s the NYU gym members were very comfortable going back and forth to the communal showers naked. Late at night before the gym closed there'd be a line of guys waiting to get into the shower room and nobody wore a towel. I stopped using the gym about that time. A while later a friend who was a member told me they put up dividers in the shower. I don't know if they were getting complaints about sexual harassment or what. But it's interesting this didn't happen in the 70s or 80s but in the 90s everywhere.

by Anonymousreply 135October 18, 2019 11:18 PM

Hot guys don’t even go into locker Rooms today.

by Anonymousreply 136October 18, 2019 11:52 PM

R132 while not R129 I’d love to be a Screeching Hellcat. It’s like Dataloungia’s own Football franchise.

No, I am not the tight end,

by Anonymousreply 137October 19, 2019 5:53 AM

I am in Rome and it is all hanging out at the local gym, the showers are communal so a towel dance would be a silly conceit.

by Anonymousreply 138October 26, 2019 3:59 PM

[quote]r14 as a little gay boy it was very helpful to see a wide variety of naked men in the locker room.

You could also learn this at a beach, you know. Or, just viewing people on the street.

by Anonymousreply 139October 26, 2019 4:04 PM

This thread is making me feel rapey.

by Anonymousreply 140October 26, 2019 4:08 PM

Ban all women at the Y. Make all spaces there naked spaces.

by Anonymousreply 141October 26, 2019 4:11 PM

Why, every man in the gym locker should strut himself proudly in front of me so that I may have masturbation fodder later at home! That's what being a man is all about, or so we learned back in the 1920s!

by Anonymousreply 142October 26, 2019 4:14 PM

Ummm r139 where do you live where there is the “wide variety of naked men” I mentioned at the beach or on the street? The point is that seeing a wide variety of genitals can make a young gayling aware of normal variations, and that nudity is not shameful.

by Anonymousreply 143October 26, 2019 4:26 PM

The un-manning and infantilization of the American male continues unchecked.

by Anonymousreply 144October 26, 2019 4:34 PM

I hate being naked in locker rooms. Not for modesty reasons, it’s just always uncomfortable. Locker rooms always seem to be cold and inexplicably breezy, and locker room nudity always feels medical to me. It’s just an odd feeling, not my thing.

by Anonymousreply 145October 26, 2019 4:48 PM

Nudity in the locker room is the only time I see straight men in the buff. I love seeing if they are shy or modest covering themselves up or if they are exhibitionists flopping all about. Good times :=)

by Anonymousreply 146October 26, 2019 6:40 PM

Old Perv ^

by Anonymousreply 147October 26, 2019 6:54 PM

I want to see MORE ass, not less.

Sheesh!

by Anonymousreply 148October 26, 2019 8:36 PM

I once was in a locker room getting dressed to leave and nearby were two college aged jock types talking about a girl they both knew and talking smack about her body and how good she would be at sex. It seemed like she was unavailable but they still wanted her regardless. When they were naked and covered in towels, the first guy walked away to the shower room and the second one sat on the bench for a few seconds longer. He then got up and dropped the towel and his dick was rock hard. He didn't notice that I was watching and I saw him adjust it and push it down to make it subside. It eventually softened and he put the towel on and followed his friend into the showers. It was hot to observe.

by Anonymousreply 149October 26, 2019 10:18 PM

R149.. Why didn't you pull that towel off and start sucking?

by Anonymousreply 150October 27, 2019 12:53 AM

I don't give a crap if everyone else in the locker room is so paranoid about anyone seeing their naked bodies that they wrap themselves in Hefty bag burqas. What I mind is someone requiring [bold]me[/bold] to remain clothed in a room that's specifically for changing in and out of clothes to protect their sensibilities. If the sight were going to turn anyone to stone I'd have started a garden statue business long ago!

by Anonymousreply 151October 27, 2019 12:59 AM

It is simple to understand, if you are older and grew up swimming naked, taking communal showers, etc... you are fine with nudity. If you are a millennial, like me, or younger, you grew up not only NOT doing those things, but you had it pounded into your head that not only should no one touch you in your "swimsuit" area, you should never show your's to another person, or be exposed to another person's, except as part of a consensual sexual encounter among adults or a doctor's examination. It is not surprising that as we grew up we would have problems with casual nudity.

by Anonymousreply 152October 27, 2019 1:45 AM

This is the kind of Towel Dance I like

9:44 AM - 11 Aug 2019

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 153October 27, 2019 9:12 AM

Modesty didn’t start with the Advent of cellphones. And I.remember this article when it was first published and being surprised that it was newsworthy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 154October 27, 2019 9:25 AM

To all the towel dancers on this thread: "Your lips are saying NO,NO but there is YES, YES in your eyes."

Makes it more fun when I when pull your shorts down in the shower and plow your uptight asses. And I DO NOT use lube.

by Anonymousreply 155October 27, 2019 8:02 PM

In your senile dreams, grandpa ^

by Anonymousreply 156October 27, 2019 8:08 PM

insanity

by Anonymousreply 157October 27, 2019 8:17 PM

I left R156 sobbing in the shower. That made it more fun.

Trust me, he'll be back for more...

by Anonymousreply 158October 27, 2019 8:27 PM

There should be individual cubicles in the locker room, nobody need to be worried about perverts staring.

by Anonymousreply 159October 27, 2019 8:43 PM

LULZ ^

by Anonymousreply 160October 27, 2019 9:10 PM

I meant my comment for r158 obv

by Anonymousreply 161October 27, 2019 9:10 PM

Out of curiosity I counted today how many seconds I was naked in the locker not counting the 4 minutes in the shower (no partitions) and it was less than 11 seconds. To ban is silliness.

by Anonymousreply 162October 28, 2019 11:41 PM

Individual cubicles? Have you ever been to a gym?

by Anonymousreply 163October 29, 2019 1:51 AM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 164November 17, 2019 11:29 AM

Bump for what?

What has not been said?

by Anonymousreply 165November 17, 2019 12:01 PM

Bump it with a trumpet. Preferably while doing a towel dance.

by Anonymousreply 166November 19, 2019 8:36 PM

"Maybe the frauen who establish these policies might want to go out and get a job."

We got rid of Craigslist Personals, Backpage… and we hacked Ashley Madison. It's only the beginning!

by Anonymousreply 167November 19, 2019 9:10 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!