Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Fort Worth cop kills black woman in her own house

Her neighbor called the non-emergency police phone number and asked for a welfare check. The cop shot the woman through her window without announcing that he was a cop. This asshole cop needs to join Amber Guyger in prison.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 152October 16, 2019 7:15 PM

I feel terrible for the neighbor, he was worried about her because her door was standing open at 2am, and now she’s dead and he blames himself.

by Anonymousreply 1October 13, 2019 8:18 AM

You've got to be fucking kidding me. Is there EVER gonna be a fucking end to this shit??

by Anonymousreply 2October 13, 2019 8:40 AM

Outrage clickbait. Even though it's a true story.

by Anonymousreply 3October 13, 2019 8:58 AM

The cop is an ignorant asshole and should go to prison.

by Anonymousreply 4October 13, 2019 9:26 AM

The cop is such a fucking idiot. A welfare check and he is shooting through a window for no reason?

Send him to prison.

by Anonymousreply 5October 13, 2019 2:10 PM

The cops union is already at work: she seemed menacing, the cop felt threatened, it's a dangerous neighborhood, the cop feared for his life, etc, etc, ad infinitum.

by Anonymousreply 6October 13, 2019 2:21 PM

Get those hugs and bibles ready to distribute!

by Anonymousreply 7October 13, 2019 2:44 PM

bump

by Anonymousreply 8October 13, 2019 6:24 PM

Wtf is going on??

by Anonymousreply 9October 13, 2019 6:24 PM

Yeah the sister will hug the cop and the judge will give him a bible. Religious African Americans are as looney as the cops.

by Anonymousreply 10October 13, 2019 6:27 PM

Will the Ft Worth police now put out a hit on the neighbor who made the call and possibly be a witness for the prosecution?

by Anonymousreply 11October 13, 2019 6:31 PM

Apparently, the single biggest threat to this woman's welfare was the police department that was supposed to protect her.

by Anonymousreply 12October 13, 2019 6:31 PM

She was a fine woman and she will be missed.

by Anonymousreply 13October 13, 2019 6:33 PM

[quote]Wtf is going on??

Cops are super trigger happy around black people. It's not new behavior, though I'm glad it is getting attention.

by Anonymousreply 14October 13, 2019 6:42 PM

God these white devils are disgusting. And Texas is a complete shithole.

by Anonymousreply 15October 13, 2019 6:46 PM

[quote]Cops are super trigger happy around black people. It's not new behavior, though I'm glad it is getting attention.

Yeah, it's never been brought to light before.

by Anonymousreply 16October 13, 2019 6:46 PM

And there weren't any non-lethal means of subduing someone - bean bags, rubber bullets, Mace?

There was an incident in San Fran just like this except the victim lived - and D.A. Kamala Harris chose to prosecute the victim! The jury eventually gave the victim $1 million for excessive force. This Fort Worth victim isn't so lucky.

by Anonymousreply 17October 13, 2019 6:53 PM

Are the cops they are hiring just this bad or is the training terrible?

Texas sucks.

by Anonymousreply 18October 13, 2019 7:00 PM

It's not like this hasn't happened before... and with other races. Some cops are scum . He needs to be locked up.

by Anonymousreply 19October 13, 2019 7:01 PM

For all the stupid people who make excuses for cops, what excuse do they have for black people who are minding their own business in their own homes and STILL getting murdered by cops???

by Anonymousreply 20October 13, 2019 7:01 PM

I'm married into a LEO family, so I usually give them the benefit of the doubt, but this seems pretty inexcusable and straight up negligent.

The door was open but he didn't knock/ring the bell/enter yelling, but crept around the house perimeter into a shut gate backyard? Wtf?

He shot her way too fast to identify if she was "menacing."

Ridiculous; this guy should be held accountable just as much as crazy Dallas chickcop.

by Anonymousreply 21October 13, 2019 7:02 PM

R1 it was the neighbors fault. 100%. He practically killed her himself.

by Anonymousreply 22October 13, 2019 7:04 PM

How is it the neighbors fault? He called in a welfare check, not a hostage situation. There was no reason to believe there was a threat, so why did he even have the gun out?

by Anonymousreply 23October 13, 2019 7:06 PM

We don't know what the neighbor said but this person should never have been a cop or even had a gun. Who the fuck is hiring these nimwits?

by Anonymousreply 24October 13, 2019 7:09 PM

Will the cop receive a warm and forgiving hug from the judge?

by Anonymousreply 25October 13, 2019 7:12 PM

Video of the neighbor who called the cops to do a wellness check.

I agree with what R1 said. I hope he doesn’t let guilt eat away at him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26October 13, 2019 7:22 PM

^ from "Carl Christensen":

Sorry but I'm a middle-aged white guy and know better to call the cops for a "wellness check" on a minority neighbor. I would simply knock on the door and call inside.

by Anonymousreply 27October 13, 2019 7:25 PM

I’m black and I never would have hesitated to call the police if I thought something was wrong with my neighbor @R27 Well until now

by Anonymousreply 28October 13, 2019 7:44 PM

Everyone should have a bible and a gun. It's just common sense.

by Anonymousreply 29October 13, 2019 7:46 PM

[quote]And there weren't any non-lethal means of subduing someone - bean bags, rubber bullets, Mace?

From the sounds of it, the woman wasn't even doing anything that required subduing her. She was inside her own house. The cop was outside. Possibly, the woman has a gun in her hand, though that is not at all clear. If she was holding a gun, perhaps it was because she heard some dude creeping around in her backyard! At most, all the cop needed to do to protect himself was move away from the window, out of range of the firearm she might have had. And it's unclear that even that was necessary.

by Anonymousreply 30October 13, 2019 7:47 PM

The problem is quite simple (and goes way beyond the race problem, which is obvious too), US cops are not well prepared for their job which is lethal in a country where everybody can carry a weapon

by Anonymousreply 31October 13, 2019 7:51 PM

Blood thirsty, roided up cops are now ersatz military personnel, and we are enemy combatants.

by Anonymousreply 32October 13, 2019 7:54 PM

Texas needs to stop pretending and Secede now. Either the KKK or Confederate flag will do.

by Anonymousreply 33October 13, 2019 7:56 PM

fuck tha police

by Anonymousreply 34October 13, 2019 7:58 PM

This cop is a murderer.

He was not afraid in that video.

He's a MURDERER.

by Anonymousreply 35October 13, 2019 8:35 PM

[quote]Will the cop receive a warm and forgiving hug from the judge?

Yep. A kiss on the cheek too I’m sure, as well as a light sentence (if any).

by Anonymousreply 36October 13, 2019 8:40 PM

R31, it is the gun culture combined with the racist culture. I doubt this would have had the same tragic result had the woman (or general neighborhood) not been black.

by Anonymousreply 37October 13, 2019 10:43 PM

In June, another idiot cop shot a white man inside his home after responding to a panic alarm. Amazingly, the man wasn't killed.

Footage from a South Carolina cop’s bodycam shows him gunning down a 62-year-old man inside of his own home — firing multiple shots through a window pane — after the resident “pointed a weapon” (it was later disproven that he pointed a weapon at the officer) at him, police said.

“Motherf–ker! I can’t believe you did this to me,” yelled homeowner Dick Tench, of Simpsonville, after being shot by a Greenville County Sheriff’s deputy on the night of June 14.

“What’s wrong with you?!” he can be heard asking on video, which was released Monday and posted online by the sheriff’s office.

“You pointed a gun at me man!” the deputy replies, to which Tench says: “You’re in my house!”

“I rang your doorbell because we got an alarm call,” the deputy tells him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38October 14, 2019 1:04 AM

This is from the local paper in the area.

Man, or a woman. Off duty, on duty. Their neighbor’s home, or the home of a private citizen, a complete stranger. Inside, outside. Running, walking. Asking for help, asking for directions. Pulling an innocent man over, or just observing a teenager, sitting in her own car, using her cellphone. A little boy playing cops and robbers with his gun, outside, or a teenager dressed as a Ninja in his Halloween outfit, holding a plastic, toy sword.

If you’re a cop, chances are, that if any of the people described above are white, you MIGHT kill them.

If they’re black, you will MOST PROBABLY kill them.

As a matter of fact, that’s exactly why the people described above, are all dead. Each and everyone of them. Because you’re a cop, and they were black.

it is always the same story. If you’re a cop. Always the same story if you’re black. Different cities, places, circumstances. Doesn’t matter, because it’s always the same ending: a black man or woman is dead, a black senior citizen is dead, black teenager or child is dead, all because you’re a cop.

And that’s not all you are, unlike the black lady who was just walking around, in her own home, and who’s now nothing other than just dead.

“Protecting & Serving”, since emancipation!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39October 14, 2019 2:04 AM

Well in the cop's defense, she WAS black...

by Anonymousreply 40October 14, 2019 2:09 AM

They're trained to use their guns way too quickly. They don't assess whether they are in danger - they just assume they always are.

It's a tough job - but they've got to stop this military mentality. Disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 41October 14, 2019 2:28 AM

What is a LEO family?

Cardinal fire? Thalberg? What?

by Anonymousreply 42October 14, 2019 2:48 AM

LEO = Law Enforcement Officer

by Anonymousreply 43October 14, 2019 2:52 AM

R41 That's exactly the issue. Our nation's police forces have adapted an ever increasing warrior/military mentality over the last few decades. The public is the enemy and they act accordingly, as though they are in perpetually hostile territory, which is why this cop gave someone only a few seconds to show their hands through a clouded window before he shot and killed her.

American police will kill you. For even the slightest perceived threat. And they are not held accountable in the overwhelmingly vast amount of cases where this happens. I fear the moment in which I encounter an LEO in something as routine as a simple traffic stop, and, before I can even speak, the bullets fly.

by Anonymousreply 44October 14, 2019 3:00 AM

R41, try being a black man or woman. Or biracial, like me. It just doesn’t matter, I am ALWAYS aware that if I come across a cop, either because I’m pulled over for any reason, or just come across a cop, while minding my own business, going about day to day, normal, uneventful things, like buying chips at 7-11, there’s a darn good chance that I’m either getting harassed by a cop, at the very least.

A cop observed me pull into a 7-11 parking lot at 1:30iish a.m. one morning, on my way home. I stopped there for a bag of chips, literally. Nothing wrong with my car, no broken taillight, completely sober, license, registration & insurance all in good order.

While I purchased my bag of chips, unbeknownst to me, he ran my plates.

I drove home, got in my jammies, called my bff to let her know I made it home & was safe & sound, when suddenly, I hear a knock at my door. Li & behold! It was the cop from the 7-11 parking lot!

Fortunately, I know my rights, & I did not open my door, while communicating through my door, that I was calling the police department that employed him, to advise them that their employee was at my door at 2:00 am, for no good, justifiably, legal reason. All while I purposely stood to the side of the door, just in case he decided to shoot. Because if he was knocking at my door for no good reason, I had no reason to believe that he was there to serve any of my interests.

The white, conservative, American public, genuinely have very little understanding or appreciation of what it means to be a minority in America’s justice system, starting with law enforcement. They also refuse to believe that for whatever reasons, many people who go into law enforcement are ill equipped to do so, because they’re emotionally unstable, have full fledged personality disorders, and oftentimes abuse drugs, alcohol, and steroids, as a matter of course.

This new incident, resulting in another officer, killing a woman in her own home for no good reason, demonstrates that aside from many variables and factors that will be taken into consideration as this story develops, and makes me think that there’s something really fucked up going on within the hiring pool of candidates long before they even apply for the job.

That lady could have been me. If you’re black, it could have been you, too.

by Anonymousreply 45October 14, 2019 3:02 AM

STOP. 👏🏻 FUCKING. 👏🏻 SHOOTING. 👏🏻 BLACK. 👏🏻 PEOPLE. 👏🏻

by Anonymousreply 46October 14, 2019 3:10 AM

Gross

by Anonymousreply 47October 14, 2019 3:14 AM

B-b-b-but, I was SCARED!!!!

by Anonymousreply 48October 14, 2019 3:19 AM

How soon before the media reports that the police found pot in her house? That will give all the racists an excuse to give the cop for murdering her in cold blood

by Anonymousreply 49October 14, 2019 3:21 AM

They already tried by immediately reporting there was a gun found in the house r49. Who the fuck cares?

by Anonymousreply 50October 14, 2019 3:24 AM

R21 if you beginning your post with "I'm married into a LEO family, so I usually give them the benefit of the doubt..." didn't reveal you as being fucking insufferable, your usage of "chickcop" sure did.

by Anonymousreply 51October 14, 2019 4:37 AM

She had been playing video games with her 8 year old nephew who was still in the room with her when she was killed. That poor kid, this is going to fuck him up.

[quote]Minutes before she was shot and killed by a Fort Worth police officer, Atatiana K. Jefferson was playing video games in her bedroom with her 8-year-old nephew, a lawyer for her family said Sunday. Ms. Jefferson, 28, was proud of being the “cool auntie” to her siblings’ children, and had stayed up into the wee hours of Saturday morning with her nephew, Xbox controllers in their hands, according to S. Lee Merritt, the family’s lawyer. But the pair grew concerned around 2:30 a.m., he said, when they heard rustling outside the house and saw flashlights. A neighbor had called the police after seeing Ms. Jefferson’s front and side doors ajar, a call he later said he regretted making. The two responding officers quietly crept around outside the dark house, where Ms. Jefferson lived with her mother.

[quote]After unlatching a fence door and walking into the back yard, a white male officer saw Ms. Jefferson, who is black, through her bedroom window. He shouted for her to put her hands up and immediately fired a single shot through the glass, according to body camera footage released by the department. The officers do not identify themselves as police in the video. Ms. Jefferson’s nephew was still in the bedroom when she was killed, the police said.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52October 14, 2019 1:26 PM

Last week I could see my neighbors' open door from my kitchen window. I saw the three college girls earlier but after the door was still open 6 hours later I walked over there. I called out and then walked through their apt when no one answered. No dead bodies. Nothing amiss. I didn't close their door. By the next morning the door was closed and all was well apparently. These cops need way more training. It doesn't even make sense what he did. Maybe he was on some kind of drug or steroids which made him hyper vigilant. Cops should be randomly drug tested often. And they should have 4 year degrees and police academy. They need to be held to a higher standard. But honestly this kind of thing doesn't happen that often compared to all the runs they go on. But this situation should NEVER happen.

by Anonymousreply 53October 14, 2019 2:05 PM

USA Today:

Fort Worth shooting: Police release video, family demands justice

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54October 14, 2019 3:25 PM

CBS:

Father of Texas woman shot dead by cop in her home: "It's senseless"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55October 14, 2019 3:26 PM

Why doesn’t everyone just mind their own business? I’m aware of what’s going on around me at all times, and my car and apartment doors are always locked. I don’t engage with anyone and whatever they are doing I stay out of. I don’t call the cops on anyone or report anything suspicious (as long as it’s not happening to me!) so many problems are created when (like the nosy neighbor) get involved with other people’s business. If it’s not happening to me I just don’t care.

by Anonymousreply 56October 14, 2019 3:56 PM

Even the white folks in Dallas are getting tired of this shit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57October 14, 2019 4:10 PM

R57, Honey, Ft. Worth is whiter than Dallas.

by Anonymousreply 58October 14, 2019 4:30 PM

[quote]Why doesn’t everyone just mind their own business? I’m aware of what’s going on around me at all times, and my car and apartment doors are always locked. I don’t engage with anyone and whatever they are doing I stay out of. I don’t call the cops on anyone or report anything suspicious (as long as it’s not happening to me!) so many problems are created when (like the nosy neighbor) get involved with other people’s business. If it’s not happening to me I just don’t care.

I get what you're saying. The only ways I could see myself calling the cops is if I hear gunshots, screaming, or see someone being beaten up or attacked or obvious signs or sounds of a house being broken into.

by Anonymousreply 59October 14, 2019 4:31 PM

About fifteen years ago, I remember a police officer publicly stating that many experienced, hard working, dedicated police officers were opting for early retirement, and were going to be replaced by a new wave of officers who will be out-of-control, roided up bullies who became police officers for all of the wrong reasons.

Looks like he was right.

by Anonymousreply 60October 14, 2019 4:42 PM

She was playing on the Xbox with her nephew? In what universe could the cop possibly have interpreted that as a threat? Did he think she was going to zap him to death with the controller?

by Anonymousreply 61October 14, 2019 4:51 PM

White supremacists in law enforcement:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62October 14, 2019 4:54 PM

The cop just saw a black person through the window and fired within 4 seconds r61.

by Anonymousreply 63October 14, 2019 4:54 PM

I think it's a training and a power trip thing. Was driving home in a nice car, early afternoon from the dog park with my dachshund and got pulled over by a huge, black state trooper. You would have thought by his hostility and barking orders that I was a hulking, tattooed guy who just drove out of a prison yard, not a 5'6", rail thin white guy in a pastel polo shirt with a tiny dog. He kept his hand on his gun the whole time in our initial interaction with body language that screamed "defensive."

Then made me get out of my car and stand on the side of the road while he "checked me out." He observed me pulling out of the park without my seatbelt on and didn't put it on until I stopped at the light on the access road coming from the park. And wrote me up as a multiple offender since I'd had a previous ticket for seatbelt violation in 2004 (this was 2019 that this interaction happened).

So yeah, I'd imagine that black people go through this all the time for even more trivial reasons.

by Anonymousreply 64October 14, 2019 4:55 PM

Bullshit R1

by Anonymousreply 65October 14, 2019 4:56 PM

What on earth do you think is bullshit about what r1 wrote, r65?

by Anonymousreply 66October 14, 2019 5:29 PM

[quote] I don’t call the cops on anyone or report anything suspicious (as long as it’s not happening to me!) so many problems are created when (like the nosy neighbor) get involved with other people’s business. If it’s not happening to me I just don’t care.

You sound like a total asshole. Yes, it's terrible that the neighbor's well-meaning call turned out the way it did, but it's not a reason to never intervene in any way if you suspect someone around you is in trouble and needs assistance. Best hope if you're ever attacked or fall ill/injured and can't call for help yourself, that the people around you don't have your attitude.

by Anonymousreply 67October 14, 2019 5:34 PM

R64 I also think it's a power trip thing with some cops. Three years ago, I lost a job and took a part time job with a graphic design and sign company. My job was making deliveries and I used my own truck and employer compensated me for gas mileage. I was sent out to make a delivery to a small town 20 miles away. I made two deliveries on the first day and I got lost and was driving around trying to figure things out because the GPS was no help. A few days later I was sent to make one delivery in that small town and then my work day was done after that. I made the delivery and was driving around and looking the cafes and restaurants to pick a place to stop. A cop pulled me over. He said that he had seen me days before driving around town and that he saw me driving around again and he thought it was suspicious that I was driving around town again. He gave off a defensive attitude. I explained that I was doing deliveries as part of my job and I said I would give him the number of my employer and that he could contact the businesses I made deliveries to. He apologized and let me go.

by Anonymousreply 68October 14, 2019 5:34 PM

Cops are mostly former military and therefore are likely to be affected by PTSD. Very nervous and jumpy to mention two of their short comings.

by Anonymousreply 69October 14, 2019 5:45 PM

Honestly, just dont call the cops on black people unless you are positive that someone is in danger. I learnt this year's ago when a brawl broke out outside a club and the cops arrived and only tasered a black kid who was merely recording the fight. The two sides fighting walked away with no issues.

by Anonymousreply 70October 14, 2019 5:59 PM

R45,

What did the cop find when he ran your plates? Why didn’t you open the door?

by Anonymousreply 71October 14, 2019 6:28 PM

{Heavy sigh} This is why I say, there should be a federal law that all police in the U.S. are disarmed. Make them use the most dangerous weapon mankind has, the mind.

by Anonymousreply 72October 14, 2019 6:51 PM

The cop's name has been released.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73October 14, 2019 7:06 PM

FW Star-Telegram:

Fort Worth officer who shot and killed Atatiana Jefferson has resigned amid investigation

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74October 14, 2019 7:32 PM

I don't understand this shoot first and ask questions later attitude. You've got a fucking gun, can't you at least make an effort to assess the situation first.

by Anonymousreply 75October 14, 2019 8:59 PM

We have too many cops. The class and wealth divide has made every town employ its own police force, and these cops are encouraged, first and foremost, to ensure they get home safely at night, not to serve and protect.

Until we get populism back into American politics, we will continue to have innocent people killed in their own homes because asshole cops shoot and ask questions later.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76October 14, 2019 9:11 PM

I'm surprised the guy is 35, given his trigger happy attitude I expected him to be early 20s.

Damn, he knows he fucked up though. He isn't even cooperating with his department. Just quit and stonewalled them.

by Anonymousreply 77October 14, 2019 10:11 PM

This is why BETO sucks. El Paso was his "Texas" moment, and Beto played it for all it's worth. But this Fort Worth shooting is gonna be bigger than El Paso — and Beto is tweeting about The Joker and not in FORT WORTH. It's like Hillary not going to Wisconsin.

by Anonymousreply 78October 14, 2019 10:39 PM

R71, are you thick?

He didn’t open the door because he was afraid of getting shot. As well he should’ve been, because he might very well have been.

by Anonymousreply 79October 14, 2019 10:55 PM

R71, what he found by running my plates, were my name and address.

The reason why I didn’t open my door, is because I hadn’t committed a crime. I noticed him staring at me as soon as I walked out of my vehicle, & I even had a hunch that he was going to attempt to pull me over, once I pulled out.

I don’t know about anywhere else, but the LAPD has this thing, where they pull over women for no reason, make shit up, & then hit on them. They’re trying to get laid.

As soon as I heard that knock on my door, I knew it was that trifling ass cop, because while I never had one have the balls to actually show up at my house, I had already experienced the ‘pull chicks over to get a date’ routine.

Cops are fucking crazy. Had I opened the door, or had I not immediately communicated through the door that I was calling the station, he could have raped me, or whatever.

Had he had a reason to show up at my door, he would have 1) said so, & not hightailed it off my porch like a bat out of hell as soon as I told him I was calling the cops 2) pulled me over.

His intentions weren’t legit. He saw a pretty girl, in a nice car, alone, in the middle of the night, & decided to take his chances.

by Anonymousreply 80October 14, 2019 11:03 PM

That article @ R75 is infuriating. He’s refusing to cooperate or answer any questions & resigned.

So if this is the case, why hasn’t he been ARRESTED?

This motherfucker MURDERED a young woman who had no idea that he was a police officer, responding to a welfare check request, initiated by her neighbor, and the reason why she didn’t know, was because instead of knocking on her front entrance’s screen door, or calling through the screen door, or signaling his presence by using his squad car’s sirens/lights, he decided to skulk about like a fucking prowler, on her property, with his service revolver drawn, and ready to engage in the act of firing his loaded weapon.

Can you imagine being a single woman at home, with your 8 year old nephew, alone, & suddenly, you hear the hushed voices and footsteps of two men, outside your home, in the middle of the night? Then you catch sight of what you’re pretty sure is some dude, with a gun drawn? If she even realized that they were on her property before she was slaughtered in front of an innocent child, who miraculously survived this, she was probably terrified, & trying to call the cops herself.

JFC. BOTH of these officers are responsible for not following department procedures. The cop who didn’t shoot her needs to be terminated, and the one who killed her needs to be arrested, ASAP, before he disappears across the border into Mexico, or eats the gun he has sitting at home.

by Anonymousreply 81October 14, 2019 11:31 PM

Pics of the trigger happy, trash.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82October 14, 2019 11:39 PM

From the link posted by R73:

“ 5. Jefferson Was Shot through Her Bedroom Winter After a Neighbor Called a Non-Emergency Number to Request a Welfare Check”

Bedroom WINTER?!?!?

by Anonymousreply 83October 14, 2019 11:46 PM

[quote] Damn, he knows he fucked up though. He isn't even cooperating with his department. Just quit and stonewalled them.

That's the smartest thing he could have done from a legal standpoint. The cops were going to fire him. There's no doubt about that. This way he hasn't said anything that can be used against him. There's nothing to be gained and everything for him to lose by cooperating

by Anonymousreply 84October 14, 2019 11:47 PM

I'm glad he resigned. Now whoever hired him needs to resign as well.

by Anonymousreply 85October 14, 2019 11:58 PM

Charged with murder

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86October 15, 2019 12:21 AM

R84, understood, but he failed to follow protocol I’m not just one but in multiple forms, & that gross misconduct and negligence placed him in a situation where a completely innocent civilian lost her life as a direct cause of his actions.

There’s nothing in this situation that will mitigate or buffer that, as far as what’s observable via his BC footage.

One has to wonder, if you’re a man or a woman living in the states, who is either scared or terrified of African Americans because you have developed a strong bias for whatever reasons, real or imagined, causing you to instinctively correlate threats to your safety when in the presence of African Americans, then WHY DO YOU DECIDE TO PURSUE A CAREER IN LOCAL LAW ENFORCEMENT, ESPECIALLY IN AN AREA THAT HAS A LARGE, AFRICAN AMERICAN COMMUNITY ???

I’m not a big fan of rattle snakes. So guess what? I don’t work in the rattle snake/pest removal business.

by Anonymousreply 87October 15, 2019 12:21 AM

Looking at this from a British perspective, it’s a pity so many of your cops have guns, but I suppose this is required when so many of your private citizens have guns. You probably need fewer guns and an entire change in your gun culture. But you knew that already.

The cop’s decision-making here is absolutely baffling. He shot so quickly, without identifying himself as law enforcement, on a wellness check? Murder charge is no surprise but I suspect he will get that plead down to manslaughter as he was out on a call and fucked up hugely, rather than the off-duty next-level absurdity of the Amber Guyger case.

by Anonymousreply 88October 15, 2019 12:41 AM

Huh? You're pretty dumb R87. And it seems that you're an apologist for racists and murderers? You ARE suggesting a positive defense for racism and murder. Are black people and POC all relegated to certain areas of the country, city or county? Do we only exist in certain professions and neighbourhoods. No, we prosper in every environment and profession. Including law enforcement at the highest levels. People who

[quote]have developed a strong bias for whatever reasons, real or imagined, causing you to instinctively correlate threats to your safety when in the presence of African Americans...

should avoid KILLING us for no reason!!! Simple as that. What's up with the rattlesnake analogy? I'm "not a big fan" of ignorant well meaning white people who make excuses for racists. I don't get to avoid you. White people don't get handled or murdered these ways by law enforcement. There is no other explanation required. Dude, your post is thoughtless and rude. Your kind of defense is dangerous to African American safety.

by Anonymousreply 89October 15, 2019 12:52 AM

I'm glad he was charged with murder

by Anonymousreply 90October 15, 2019 1:26 AM

[quote]I’m not a big fan of rattle snakes. So guess what? I don’t work in the rattle snake/pest removal business.

I'm not a big fan of ancient white racist gays...so I avoid public bathrooms, Barbra Streisand concerts, asshole rejuvenation clinics, topsiders and the opera.

by Anonymousreply 91October 15, 2019 1:43 AM

That pig was literally firing his gun AS he was demanding to see her hands. The poor woman was dead before she was able to process what was happening.

by Anonymousreply 92October 15, 2019 2:53 AM

I keep seeing people saying "You don't know the whole story" and "You don't know what it's like to be a cop."

Well no, I don't, but I can watch the F*CKING VIDEO OF HER GETTING SHOT! Zero ambiguity here. No conflicting witness accounts. We have the whole thing on video. This guy needs to burn!

by Anonymousreply 93October 15, 2019 4:11 AM

The sad outcome, besides murder, is that he'll get a slap on the wrist, like the female cop who went into a black man's apartment in Dallas not long ago and murdered him.

by Anonymousreply 94October 15, 2019 4:16 AM

r88 Under Texas law, you commit murder if you intend to kill a person at the time you pull the trigger. That is why Amber Guyger was convicted of murder. Due to the body cam video, this asshole will be convicted of murder, even if he refuses to testify during his trial. His only hope is that there is a racist on the jury willing to vote not guilty.

by Anonymousreply 95October 15, 2019 4:19 AM

Most cops are bad, otherwise they would get rid of bad cops.

by Anonymousreply 96October 15, 2019 4:39 AM

You Yanks just love to shoot people up.

by Anonymousreply 97October 15, 2019 4:41 AM

R97 go brush your baked bean teeth, before we shoot you and put your breath out of its misery.

by Anonymousreply 98October 15, 2019 4:44 AM

Go away brit-teeths! Dont sneer at us when brexit/ BoJo comet, which Y'ALL voted for, is hitting at you hard and fast.

by Anonymousreply 99October 15, 2019 4:50 AM

Go away brit-teeths! Dont sneer at us when brexit/ BoJo comet, which Y'ALL voted for, is hitting at you hard and fast.

by Anonymousreply 100October 15, 2019 4:50 AM

Hope the fucker gets the chair or firing squad.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101October 15, 2019 5:26 AM

[quote]or eats the gun he has sitting at home.

We should be so lucky. It would still suck that he'd be dead as a result of his own choice/agency, while his victim had her life literally stolen from her.

by Anonymousreply 102October 15, 2019 6:05 AM

I swear, so many cops look like overweight brain-dead losers. I think many choose the job because they know they'd be a waste doing anything else.

by Anonymousreply 103October 15, 2019 10:01 AM

Thank god, they arrested the cop for murder. I hope he pleads guilty.

by Anonymousreply 104October 15, 2019 10:52 AM

If after the trial the neighbor hugs the convicted cop, I will vomit.

by Anonymousreply 105October 15, 2019 11:14 AM

Will he turn himself into Tarrant County? That's where this Yosemite Sam-looking sheriff recently said, "If we have to turn them loose or they get released, they're coming back to your neighborhood and my neighborhood," he said. "These drunks will run over your children and they will run over my children."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106October 15, 2019 11:47 AM

HA. That sheriff's son was just arrested for public INTOXICATION R106

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107October 15, 2019 11:56 AM

R89, point taken. I understand your POV, & as a biracial woman of color, please understand that it was not my intention to have my post read in the way which you perceived it. Of course we have the right to exist with the expectation of not being murdered by police officers.

Here’s what I should have succinctly communicated: if you’re a racist, you shouldn’t work in law enforcement, because you will eventually start making choices in your conduct, that will expose your bias, which is the root cause of your racism.

In the United States, particularly in large cities, cops ARE taught and conditioned to fear black men and women. And YES, even black cops are taught and conditioned to do so. So even if they go in to the force without explicit biases and prejudices, by the time they complete training and hit their assigned beat with a tenured partner, and have been doing so for a year, they’re absolutely, without a doubt, a different individual, than the day they walked into the academy as new trainees. This isn’t even something to argue about. I’ve seen it up close and personal with family members who I grew up with, side by side, since childhood.

Now, imagine how much worse these officers are, when they’re white, raised in white only families, in white neighborhoods, attending only white or predominantly white schools, churches, etc., along with any implicit or explicit biases drilled and conditioned into their brains since childhood, by their white families and white communities? Even the most egalitarian of persons who comes from those conditions and environment, are likely to ALSO perform their professional duties with even more pronounced biases and prejudices when interacting with civilians who are minorities.

That’s a legitimate and simple reality when it comes to law enforcement on a local level. And though we’re all aware that law enforcement isn’t the only industry, private or public, where individuals like this exist, it is the one single sector of government and public service where employees are taught in myriad ways to perform their jobs with heightened caution towards minorities, which result in these employees performing and executing their duties in ways that ultimately and consistently result in unjustified, deadly force.

Racism shouldn’t be part of the education and training curriculum, yet it is, and no one can tell me otherwise, because stories like this one prove my point repeatedly.

And cops do not give one flying fuck if you’re a black man or woman, who is a college graduate, and a professional who is a law abiding citizen, driving a BMW, or a Range Rover, in a tailored business suit, on your way back home from a 16 hour day at the law firm, or the investment bank in Century City, on your way home to your nice house or apartment, in your nice neighborhood. That is not what they see, or assume when they pull up next to you at a stop sign, proceed to follow you for several miles, and eventually pull you over for ANY reason that they choose to. They see a black person, & because you’re in that expensive car, they see a black person who might be a drug dealer, and they see that, because our society teaches them to assume this, and precisely because the fraternity in which they work, drills that expectation in, over and over again, no matter what. I can attest to this particular experience, because it has happened to me more than once, along with other bullshit from male law enforcement officers, due to being a minority woman.

So my apologies, in that I didn’t convey my thoughts proficiently in my original post.

by Anonymousreply 108October 15, 2019 12:17 PM

R107 NGL that drunken inbred-faced son looks like he'd be a hot, trashy lay. The kind of lay where you have to hide the pets and valuables and text friends to let them know your whereabouts beforehand.

by Anonymousreply 109October 15, 2019 12:20 PM

R109 Chile...he does look like trade.

by Anonymousreply 110October 15, 2019 12:32 PM

What are police salaries like in Fort Worth, TX? Is it a low-paid job? Maybe the problem is they're cutting costs and recruiting from the lower rungs of society? If more college grads became police officers, maybe the situation would be better.

But it seems most regular people stay clear from police work, especially if it involves working with gunfire (because it can be a very dangerous job). So instead (in that vacuum) you get a lot of people joining who are cray-cray or ex-military (who can also sometimes be unhinged).

by Anonymousreply 111October 15, 2019 12:41 PM

[quote] If more college grads became police officers, maybe the situation would be better.

This guy is a college graduate.

by Anonymousreply 112October 15, 2019 12:43 PM

The world has changed in so many ways.

And in so many ways, it hasn't changed at all.

by Anonymousreply 113October 15, 2019 12:44 PM

😂 College grads. Any dunderheaded imbecile can get a criminal justice degree at their community college.

by Anonymousreply 114October 15, 2019 12:45 PM

Which college, R112? AFAIK, he graduated from a police academy, which is quite different. They're not exactly known for creating world leaders.

R114, community college is also different from regular college.

by Anonymousreply 115October 15, 2019 12:48 PM

Girl read any article about the guy, completed a bachelors degree at UT-Arlington in 2011.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116October 15, 2019 12:51 PM

The University of Texas at Arlington has something like a 70% admission rate, which is ridiculously lax. It's harder to get a driving licence in London than that :).

by Anonymousreply 117October 15, 2019 1:02 PM

[quote] I swear, so many cops look like overweight brain-dead losers. I think many choose the job because they know they'd be a waste doing anything else.

R103, well, duh. The majority of top students finishing high school do NOT WANT to go become police officers, TSA airport security personnel, club bouncers, etc. 'Police patrol officer' may sound like a 'cool' job, but it's basically manual labour or a driver at first, with some boring paperwork in-between. Most promising high school grads opt to go do science, tech, law, business, management consulting, engineering. So OF COURSE you get a lot of 'bottom of the barrel' in the police force. Same in the Army. Because most people (with options) don't want this job. Most people generally have a strong instinct of self-preservation and try to stay clear of jobs where you have to physically wrestle with strangers, engage in potentially fatal shootouts, or engage in shouting matches with drunk people.

by Anonymousreply 118October 15, 2019 1:17 PM

This shit has got to stop. Poor woman.

by Anonymousreply 119October 15, 2019 1:32 PM

"Hope the fucker gets the chair or firing squad."

You think a white cop who shoots a black woman will get the chair? LOL.

"The University of Texas at Arlington has something like a 70% admission rate, which is ridiculously lax."

That's not bad, tons of schools have higher acceptance rates than that

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120October 15, 2019 3:44 PM

[quote]They already tried by immediately reporting there was a gun found in the house [R49]. Who the fuck cares?

This is why so many people fucking hate cops. Look at their instincts. Rather than just own up to the fact that one of their own is a pos, they want to attack the dead in the stupidest way. This woman was killed in her own god damned home. I thought she had every right to own a fucking gun. I don't even understand why they would even mention it as if she didn't have as much right to own one as she does a fucking toaster oven.

Gee, I guess if you put it in the minds of people that she had a gun, then people can come up with some nefarious, fucked up scenario that she was some "gangsta just waitin' to kill a popo." Is that what they were going for

by Anonymousreply 121October 15, 2019 6:07 PM

R107, it's like I stated in another thread. So many of these conservatives have such fucking nerve to even call themselves conservatives and whine about the decline of the country when they and their fucked up families are the very reason for the decline. They're fucked up people with multiple marriages, drug/alcohol problems, immoral, scheming, thieving trash....and they want to talk about the decline of this country? Look in the fucking mirror, conservative assholes!

by Anonymousreply 122October 15, 2019 6:18 PM

The nephew said she pointed her gun at the cop. I know have the bad feeling that he'll walk.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 123October 15, 2019 11:15 PM

R123, she had the absolute right to do that. He failed to identify himself as a police officer.

by Anonymousreply 124October 15, 2019 11:16 PM

[quote]The nephew said she pointed her gun at the cop. I know have the bad feeling that he'll walk.

Because she had no clue who was out there. Fucking cop didn't even identify himself. Some old asshole shot his son-in-law for jumping out of the bushes, so had this woman killed this cop for trespassing, she would've had every right to go scot-free, but you know she never would have had she done what that old guy did.

by Anonymousreply 125October 15, 2019 11:17 PM

[quote]The nephew said she pointed her gun at the cop

Get it right, asshole. She pointed her gun when she heard noise around her property. Don't write it as though she even knew it was a cop.

by Anonymousreply 126October 15, 2019 11:19 PM

I had a hunch this would be the case. She had every right to arm herself. She and her nephew were alone in their home, with zero idea that two armed police officers were playing clandestine ops outside of her home.

Let’s see how this plays out in court. Depending on the jurors selected, he could walk. And I envision this becoming an ultra messy case, due to the national attention it’s received. Expect a hung jury or a mistrial.

All par for course of being murdered in your own home while black, by law enforcement in America.

by Anonymousreply 127October 15, 2019 11:42 PM

Sad, disgusting and true R127. Someone is creeping outside your window at 2:00 a.m. and you're there inside with an 8 year old? Damn right a woman gets her gun. The cop identified himself when he murdered her.

by Anonymousreply 128October 15, 2019 11:49 PM

That Ex cop sounds like a real piece of work.

by Anonymousreply 129October 16, 2019 12:12 AM

I hope that the details about the cops not knocking or ringing the doorbell works against them in court.

by Anonymousreply 130October 16, 2019 12:55 AM

Why was her front door open if she needed a gun for protection?

by Anonymousreply 131October 16, 2019 1:05 AM

R131 The family and or/their lawyer said the front door was open to let in a breeze. I'm guessing it might have been a situation where she or the nephew got into playing video games and forgot about the open door..

by Anonymousreply 132October 16, 2019 1:17 AM

Now do you understand Sharkeisha's anger management issues?

by Anonymousreply 133October 16, 2019 1:20 AM

R130, that will be the crux on which the state will rest its prosecution.

He violated multiple LEO disciplines & department protocols by not doing a variety of simple, little things, & by illogically crafting his own ball of wax, which unfortunately, was either initiated by actions taken by his partner, or initiated by him. Either way, no one stopped and objected to the way the welfare check developed. Both of those officers are responsible for that, technically speaking. Department heads will also roll on this. Three careers in law enforcement have met their end, at minimum.

I read that the victim had completed her pre-med curriculum, & was working as a pharma account rep. She was considering applying to med-school, and weighing her options for student loans and scholarships.

God. What a horrible situation. That young lady deserved an opportunity to live out her life, and fulfill her dreams. She had no idea what hit her. Imagine, doing everything right in your life, even sharing in the responsibility of raising your 8 year old nephew, and getting shot to death by a stranger who couldn’t even afford you the dignity of resolving a problematic situation that you did not create, because he couldn’t be bothered to do his job properly. And that little boy is now fucked up for life. Even with a resilient kid, & therapy, this type of trauma is very difficult to overcome.

Unbelievable. This has to stop. It just does.

by Anonymousreply 134October 16, 2019 1:23 AM

Well said, R134. Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 135October 16, 2019 1:27 AM

This is upsetting. And it is happening all the time. And these are the ones that make it to the news. I bet there are plenty of times when they get away with concocting some bullshit story and it never gets reported.

by Anonymousreply 136October 16, 2019 1:31 AM

[quote] They already tried by immediately reporting there was a gun found in the house [[R49]]. Who the fuck cares?

I'm R49. I TOLD YOU the cops would do something like this. And this is the type of shit the police departments do. They try to smear their innocent victims and the press usually take the bait and report a bunch of shit that has nothing to do with these murders and just muddies up the jury pool. that's why so many of these fucking cops don't get arrested or if they do get arrested (very rare) they are found not guilty most of the time

If these types of murders were just a husband going over to his ex wife's house and killing her, you don't hear the cops telling the media, "marijuana was found in victim's house". That's because it has nothing to do with the murder.

by Anonymousreply 137October 16, 2019 1:51 AM

[quote]so had this woman killed this cop for trespassing, she would've had every right to go scot-free

Seriously, all this woman knew is there was somebody creeping around the yard of her house at 2am. She had WAY more of a right to shoot at the officer than he had any business to shoot at her. They should have come to the door and identified themselves as police and make sure the occupants were okay. That's what a welfare check is supposed to be about.

Instead they go creeping around the house with guns at the ready.

by Anonymousreply 138October 16, 2019 2:16 AM

👺 Every time Officer Dean opens his mouth, his nose grows a little longer.

by Anonymousreply 139October 16, 2019 2:51 AM

R134 Mary! People die every day. Get used to it.

by Anonymousreply 140October 16, 2019 3:19 AM

This wouldn't have happened if she'd had a gun!!! Oh, wait, she did....

by Anonymousreply 141October 16, 2019 3:25 AM

It’s really enough to make you move to another country. I really don’t feel safe anymore

by Anonymousreply 142October 16, 2019 4:01 AM

Why write a book? We don't have time for that. The lowlife cop just wanted to kill a black person and he thought he would get away with it.

by Anonymousreply 143October 16, 2019 4:28 AM

I just don't get it. TWO cops and nobody walked NEAR the front door--at the very least--and said POLICE.

I bet they voted for Trump.

by Anonymousreply 144October 16, 2019 12:52 PM

I wonder if the other cop will be disciplined.

by Anonymousreply 145October 16, 2019 1:24 PM

It’s pretty ironic that the same people who say it was her right to shoot the cops (because she thought the cops were trespassers) would argue if a white man pulled a gun on a black man who was lurking in his yard. They’d say “shot because he was walking while black”. They defend this woman’s right to have a gun, but are screeching that crazy White people are the problem when it comes to gun control.

I think this woman was totally within her rights. Guns are allowed in our fucked up country and these cops were pigs. The bottom line is that if she didn’t have a gun, she’d likely still be alive. (I know- if the idiot pig cop didn’t wrongfully kill her, she’d be alive). It’s really tragic that this innocent woman was murdered by the very people we pay to protect us.

This story just highlights that people twist their arguments to fit their narrative, and that we have to stop civilians from owning firearms.

by Anonymousreply 146October 16, 2019 5:29 PM

^ I find it kinda ironic that the NRA thinks guns will make us safer since in this case having a gun is what caused the cop to shoot her

by Anonymousreply 147October 16, 2019 5:51 PM

R146, R147, given his undisciplined behavior, he might very well have shot her anyway.

I don't see the hypocrisy in any of the arguments that have been made here. The cop entered her home without announcing himself. Someone who does that can't cry about whatever comes at them--knives, desk chairs, bullets, whatever. She did not cause her own death.

by Anonymousreply 148October 16, 2019 6:01 PM

R146 is so tiresome. Did you miss the thread about the old fool who shot his own son-in-law (both white) because he surprised him coming out of the bushes and normal people thought that was insane? Show me all of the people defending the black people who get shot when they were actually lurking around white people's property. Show me five stories of this happening and I'll show you twice that many with black people who were in their own cars or on no one's property who got shot.

[quote]The bottom line is that if she didn’t have a gun, she’d likely still be alive.

WTF are you even talking about? The cop didn't even see the fucking gun. If she didn't have a gun, he still would've shot her. Jesus Christ, people like you are just sickening with your warped mentalities where you create these lies to defend the indefensible.

by Anonymousreply 149October 16, 2019 6:12 PM

Is it true the cop didn't see the gun? If that's the case then it will be hard for him to claim self-defense

by Anonymousreply 150October 16, 2019 6:37 PM

The victim pointed her gun at the window before the cop killed her. Since the cop never identified himself, she had every right to do so.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151October 16, 2019 7:15 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!