Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Marilu Henner

Has been confirmed to be one of a rare group of persons, who possess "hyperthymesia" - Superior Autobiographical Memory - which allows her to recall almost every day of her life.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29October 23, 2019 2:57 AM

She can never use "I forgot" as an excuse.

by Anonymousreply 1October 13, 2019 5:08 AM

She remembers "rug burns".

by Anonymousreply 2October 13, 2019 5:15 AM

She once had a book with a chapter called "Where's The Poop?"

by Anonymousreply 3October 13, 2019 5:16 AM

There are downsides to having a great memory. It's difficult to forget and get past moments when you remember every word and detail of negative experiences.

by Anonymousreply 4October 13, 2019 5:22 AM

I've always liked her. She seems to be a person with just a really lovely spirit and personality.

by Anonymousreply 5October 13, 2019 5:29 AM

Shouldn't she be like a Rain Man type expert at something? That trick must be worth something.

by Anonymousreply 6October 13, 2019 5:33 AM

Why can't she get another sitcom? Gifted comic actress.

by Anonymousreply 7October 13, 2019 5:47 AM

She was interviewed on Marc Maron's podcast WTF last week if anyone wants an update on her life now.

by Anonymousreply 8October 13, 2019 5:48 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9October 13, 2019 5:49 AM

It's like that Black Mirror episode, "The Entire History of You". As that show demonstrated, this is not an unmixed blessing.

by Anonymousreply 10October 13, 2019 6:51 AM

I heard her report once that it is exhausting due to the endless recall of details. I imagine it would be.

by Anonymousreply 11October 13, 2019 7:30 AM

She had an entertaining talk show back in the day.

by Anonymousreply 12October 13, 2019 3:12 PM

Very self aware.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13October 13, 2019 3:13 PM

She would have crystal clear memories of being eye-level to the hairiest dicks of the 70s and 80s.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14October 14, 2019 2:37 AM

She's amazing. Maron mentions his birthday and she immediately says it was a Friday. I checked and she was right.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15October 18, 2019 5:58 AM

My sister has this. She has a successful career in academia (she even went to the University of Chicago, like Henner) and I imagine that it's helped. She was also sexually abused by our father and she told me that she remembers every detail of every time it happened, and I imagine that it's drove her to self-destructive things when she was younger.

by Anonymousreply 16October 18, 2019 6:09 AM

R15, thanks for the link. I've always found Marc Maron nerdy-hot.

by Anonymousreply 17October 18, 2019 8:27 AM

Was an early adopted of no meat, no dairy or sugar diet. Still had a darling figure for almost 70.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18October 18, 2019 9:48 AM

I'm glad to be able to forget some very embarrassing things.

She seems happy, though.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19October 18, 2019 10:13 AM

Apparently, despite big smiles, she's fairly difficult to work with and treats underlings like shit. HATED Andy Kaufman but when he died and became venerated, she jumped on the "Andy was such a genius" bandwagon. Likes/d to sleep around; banged Judd Hirsch, Jeff Conaway, Tony Danza, tons of other actors, Hollywood powerplayers and especially mega masculine crew guys. That said, she's a smart, beautiful redhead with big tits. A national treasure!

by Anonymousreply 20October 18, 2019 11:08 AM

Who wouldn't want to bang those guys back then, R20? Makes me like her more instead of looking down on her. And, lucky girl!, for being able to remember every detail of it.

by Anonymousreply 21October 18, 2019 11:43 AM

I haven't read most of the posts on this thread, but I have to say I was really hoping that things between her and John Travolta would work out, I remember they were hot and heavy throughout the '80s and I think she was the one who really helped him get over that woman from Eight is Enough who died. But they were so on again off again and I think she was with someone when he met Kelly Preston and that as they say is history. Never been a fan of Kelly Preston, I think she showed her breasts in numerous films and always got a trampy vibe from her. But she and John seem happy so she must be a dynamo in the sack. And truth be told, had I been a bit better in the sack maybe my husband wouldn't have left me (this is the first time I'm acknowledging that he left me after my upstairs neighbor who is a male nurse and also gay told me that I was acting like 'Cleopatra', the Queen of DE-NIAL LOL! and that if I ever wanted to find love again I had to respect myself and owe up to my past and ackowledge my husband left me and also stop trying to get gay men drunk and sleep with them!) Anyways, I suppose the good news for Marilu is that she will be able to remember ever single moment of every single love making session with John. Meanwhile I can barely remember where I put my 'hotflash herbs!' LOL!

by Anonymousreply 22October 18, 2019 11:51 AM

There is something about her....and I know it is probably totally irrational... that drives me insane.

I just can't stand her.

She was on some talk show when I was a kid, preaching about the no sugar thing and essentially calling parents who let their kids have birthday cake child abusers. Could be wrong since I don't have a perfect fucking memory.

The only good thing about her: For over 20 years or so, my friends and I respond to anyone correcting someone... "Well THANK YOU MARILOU HENNER!"

by Anonymousreply 23October 18, 2019 12:03 PM

Darlanne at r22 is frautastic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24October 21, 2019 8:11 PM

R21 Bang Judd Hirsch? What is he, the hottest guy working at the pawn shop?

by Anonymousreply 25October 21, 2019 11:43 PM

Judd Hirsch has a big dick vibe and he definitely gave it to Marilu good based on how she refers to him in interviews.

by Anonymousreply 26October 21, 2019 11:46 PM

Judd Hirsch was sexy without being handsome. He had a strongly masculine, virile presence while also coming across as intelligent. He also seemed like a guy who'd be passionate af in bed. I doubt he had any trouble finding beautiful women to date and/or fuck.

by Anonymousreply 27October 22, 2019 12:26 AM

[quote] Likes/d to sleep around

Back in her day there wasn't anyone going to say NO to this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28October 22, 2019 1:52 AM

The interview with Maron is interesting. She's clearly a piece of work, though. I hope all that integrated medicine stuff actually did help her husband lose the cancer, because the regime sounds as bad as chemo and I can just picture her nagging all the way through.

There was a previous thread that mentioned her memory was challenged by someone in the marketing research field on Howard Stern that questioned what she said about her show's ratings. She also eems clever in her description of the Apprentice and her experience of Trump in the Maron interview---doesn't want to alienate him but basically says he's a narcissistic assheole who is needy for attention.

by Anonymousreply 29October 23, 2019 2:57 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!