Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Jeopardy! - Part 19

Wishing Alex well....

by Anonymousreply 370April 7, 2020 6:37 PM

I agree with the previous poster that the current champ could be pretty.

However, her hair is kind of bushy. She needs a good straightener, and a little bit more makeup.

by Anonymousreply 1October 10, 2019 8:46 PM

Why a new thread?

by Anonymousreply 2October 10, 2019 8:51 PM

The other thread is pay walled for some reason.

It only had 240 posts, before going into lockdown.

The AHS thread got at least 450 before being pay walled.

And why would anyone FF the Jeopardy thread, in the first place?

The policy is so random.

by Anonymousreply 3October 10, 2019 8:59 PM

Did anyone watch Jeopardy today?

by Anonymousreply 4October 11, 2019 1:20 AM

I'm gonna miss Jessica's square tits.

by Anonymousreply 5October 11, 2019 5:26 AM

what is, paywalled?

by Anonymousreply 6October 11, 2019 5:30 AM

Only contributing members can post in that thread, R6.

Many threads start out open to everyone, but after a certain number of posts (seemingly random, depending on the thread), the "Reply" box becomes closed, and a "Only contributing members may post to this thread" message appears in blue.

Some threads will be open to everyone for 400 or even 500 replies, but that Jeopardy Part 18 thread was restricted to "members only" after only 240 replies. After that, only paid members can post in the thread.

by Anonymousreply 7October 11, 2019 5:41 AM

Is there a reason for that R7?

by Anonymousreply 8October 11, 2019 6:02 AM

That's the million dollar question, R8.

Nobody knows. It seems so random.

by Anonymousreply 9October 11, 2019 9:41 AM

I was surprised that Cara, the actress, missed the DD clue "In the Heat of the Night". She seemed to have a pretty good wealth of knowledge with the other film clues. I thought Jessica would have a longer run.

by Anonymousreply 10October 11, 2019 3:43 PM

I got FJ, bitches!

by Anonymousreply 11October 11, 2019 11:59 PM

Dammit, I was rooting for Lindsey. She was so bad ass and knew her shit. If only she had wagered less money. Both of the ladies played well tonight. That was a really good game. So much more entertaining than the last couple of games we've seen this week. Even Alex seemed to be having fun.

by Anonymousreply 12October 12, 2019 2:34 AM

I'm so damned happy for SUSAN WHITE!

Lindsey was SUCH a nasty cunt. I would have been very upset if she had won. She was so arrogant, even though she barely got any of the questions in Double Jeopardy.

She was literally scowling, when she realized she had bet too much. And at the end, when Susan looked over at her, that stinking bitch had her back to Susan! I couldn't believe it.

SO happy she lost!

by Anonymousreply 13October 12, 2019 3:00 AM

Wouldn't it be hilarious if Susan lasted for a month?

Somehow, I don't think it's going to happen.

She seems like a nice lady, though.

by Anonymousreply 14October 12, 2019 11:59 PM

Susan does seem like a nice lady and I'd be pleasantly surprised if she stuck around for a while. I'm surprised everyone thought Lindsey was a bitch. I actually liked her gung-ho playing style.

by Anonymousreply 15October 13, 2019 12:45 AM

[quote] I'm surprised everyone thought Lindsey was a bitch

She started out on the wrong foot when Alex mentioned "Jeopardy James," and she immediately shot back "Jeopardy LINDSAY."

Bitch, if you're going to act that cocky, then you had better back it up. Which she DID NOT.

But the worst was turning her back on Cindy, at the end of the game. Cindy merely looked over at Lindsay (with a smile) as if to say "good game," and Lindsay wasn't having it. She was so foul and bitter at her loss, and she was a horribly poor sport.

FUCK LINDSAY.

by Anonymousreply 16October 13, 2019 1:36 AM

I'm a paid member, but the other thread stopped showing up for me as a watched topic.

by Anonymousreply 17October 13, 2019 4:50 PM

That's weird, R17.

by Anonymousreply 18October 13, 2019 7:43 PM

So who won?

by Anonymousreply 19October 15, 2019 1:20 AM

Some chick named Erin. Today was a good game. I got President Kennedy and alligator for the DDs and I almost swept the Carrie category but I couldn't remember Carrie Brownstein's last name. Couldn't for the life of me figure out FJ since chemistry is not my strong suit. I got sodium (Na) and Calcium (Ca), but couldn't come up with the other elements to get to the word 'nacho'. I'm sad to see Susan go but I had a feeling she wouldn't have a long run.

by Anonymousreply 20October 15, 2019 2:52 AM

Nancy from Mr. PING with gay voice - ha ha!

He whiffed on Carl Sandburg, and they still couldn't get it???

by Anonymousreply 21October 15, 2019 2:58 AM

Nice to see Natalie from The Facts of Life win today.

by Anonymousreply 22October 15, 2019 4:19 AM

So now we have two active threads? Pay your $1.50 and stop messing up the site.

by Anonymousreply 23October 15, 2019 8:11 PM

So who won?

by Anonymousreply 24October 17, 2019 12:41 AM

"Alex Trebek Appears on Former Jeopardy! Contestant Austin Rogers' Podcast — to Talk Carpentry!"

Those who know Alex Trebek well know this one thing is true: The man likes to tinker and fix things, and he knows his way around a woodworking shop, too.

“I like to fix things,” he told PEOPLE during an interview at home last December. Even after announcing he was fighting stage 4 pancreatic cancer in March, Trebek continued indulging his love of home repair. “My wife’s bathroom has a leak, so I need to figure out where that’s coming from,” he told PEOPLE later in the year of how he was spending his time.

On Oct. 17, the longtime Jeopardy! host, 79, appeared on former Jeopardy! contestant Austin Rogers’ podcast A Lot to Learn with Austin Rogers to discuss his love of home improvement. (The second part of the interview will air on Oct. 24, when Trebek will also discuss his love of the Yorkshire English countryside, where he recently visited, and the world of the Bronte sisters.)

“All of my mother’s brothers were involved one way or another in the construction industry,” Trebek told Rogers, 39, of how he learned to do repairs. “Either in carpentry, painting, manufacturing, windows, doors, things like that. And so I watched them as I was growing up.”

Trebek added that his father wasn’t much of a handyman himself. “But I paid attention to mom’s brothers, my uncles,” he said

On the podcast, Trebek also chatted with Rogers (who many will remember from Jeopardy! as the humorous bartender from New York whose earnings totaled $466K, and who lost a 12-game winning streak by just $51) about fast cars and Los Angeles weather patterns.

In Rogers’ podcast, the former contestant likes to “dive into the arcane and unheralded to find the thing behind the thing. The stories, interests, careers and disciplines that exist just behind the obvious and the personalities associated with them,” according to a description for the show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25October 17, 2019 8:27 PM

So happy with the new Canadian champ. Although, why is his name spelled "Kris?" That's the female spelling for it.

Just happy that he got rid of Thursday's winner. She was awful!!! Something about her witch face was so off-putting.

Perfect for Halloween.

by Anonymousreply 26October 26, 2019 1:24 PM

Is there another Jeopardy thread? Can't believe this one hasn't been active for nearly 2 weeks. Today is the start of the Tournament of Champions. Come on DL!

by Anonymousreply 27November 4, 2019 11:41 PM

Sorry, just read the thread...

by Anonymousreply 28November 4, 2019 11:42 PM

I wanted Steven to win! He's hot!

Why don't I remember him, though?

I was actually rooting for both of the young guys.

I remember the guy in the first spot, because they had brought him back on a technicality, and then he went on a winning streak.

I'm not thrilled with Francois. He's just kind of "there." GO STEVEN!

by Anonymousreply 29November 9, 2019 12:18 PM

On today's Final Jeopardy Dhruv didn't know the right question to the answer so he put down What is We Love You Alex" Trebek got choked up. It's was very touching.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30November 12, 2019 1:51 AM

I can't be the only one who has a crush on Alex Trebek, no? He and Keith Carradine make up the entirety of my "grandpas I'd like to fuck" list. I've thought he was handsome forever.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31November 12, 2019 2:17 AM

I saw that R30, and it was so cute!!

Dhruv is such a baby, and it was something like a kid giving his dad a card saying, "I love you dad."

I was surprised that Alex got choked up, and he actually couldn't speak for a few seconds. I think that even Dhruv was caught off guard by it, because he was actually smiling before his answer was revealed. I think he thought it would be funny, and not make Alex sad.

Still, it was the cutest thing ever.

However, I hope that people don't start copying Dhruv. It would actually become annoying, if everybody starts doing it.

I have a feeling that people will start copying Dhruv.

by Anonymousreply 32November 12, 2019 3:15 AM

I'm very happy that Emma won.

I need to see a re-match between her and James!

by Anonymousreply 33November 12, 2019 5:16 AM

Dhruv is very cute!!! and sweet personlity

I was shocked how easy the final question was though. I thought the second round was much harder

by Anonymousreply 34November 12, 2019 8:50 AM

I want to fuck Dhruv into submission!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35November 12, 2019 6:38 PM

So cute!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36November 12, 2019 6:38 PM

Who in the hell is this mean looking D-YIKE??

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37November 12, 2019 6:39 PM

Alex clearly wants to fuck Dhruv.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38November 12, 2019 6:39 PM

NERD ALERT!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39November 12, 2019 6:40 PM

R33 She beat him once, she's quite intelligent.

by Anonymousreply 40November 12, 2019 6:43 PM

Yes, but Emma is weird.

She has no personality, and she seems to be autistic.

I have to tell you, I was very annoyed at the end of yesterday's game.

At the very end of the show, as Alex was walking over, Emma and the guy at the other end REACHED OVER Dhruv and shook each other's hands, basically ignoring him. It was so incredibly rude, I can't even tell you.

They didn't even acknowledge Dhruv. They just reached over him to congratulate each other on a "good game." I was flabbergasted.

by Anonymousreply 41November 12, 2019 6:49 PM

What ever happened to this Indian twink?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42November 12, 2019 7:03 PM

I wanted William to come back...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43November 12, 2019 7:04 PM

DADDY!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44November 12, 2019 7:05 PM

^ class act

by Anonymousreply 45November 12, 2019 7:07 PM

Did I miss something?

Why is everyone and their mother wearing a purple fucking ribbon?

by Anonymousreply 46November 12, 2019 7:09 PM

I just can't, with James' teeth.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47November 12, 2019 7:12 PM

James had better win his show today!

I need to see a James vs. Emma re-MATCH!

by Anonymousreply 48November 12, 2019 8:16 PM

Who is James up against on today's show?

by Anonymousreply 49November 12, 2019 9:24 PM

purple=pancreatic cancer which Alex has and announced last night he's re-entering treatment. A contestant ignored the correct question and wrote we love you Alex which made Alex choke up. The guy lost (on purpose) and was left with 5 bucks. Watch the video. I can't link right now.

by Anonymousreply 50November 12, 2019 10:12 PM

Thanks for that, R50.

I had no idea, that's what it stood for.

Between the purple ribbon, the pink ribbon, the red ribbon, and the red poppy, I get so confused.

by Anonymousreply 51November 12, 2019 11:02 PM

^ I know, right? Just found out myself.

by Anonymousreply 52November 12, 2019 11:56 PM

Did James win???

by Anonymousreply 53November 13, 2019 12:03 AM

Who won, dammit???!!!

by Anonymousreply 54November 13, 2019 4:45 AM

Who won on Tuesday, goddammit??!!

by Anonymousreply 55November 13, 2019 2:56 PM

James won... even after missing the Final Jeopardy question.

by Anonymousreply 56November 13, 2019 2:58 PM

Thank you, R56!!!!

Yay, I'm happy for James.

I absolutely have to tune in on Thursday and Friday, for the much hyped re-match between James and Emma.

It should be GOOD!

by Anonymousreply 57November 13, 2019 3:01 PM

Who are in today's trio?

by Anonymousreply 58November 13, 2019 6:49 PM

Someone on the paywalled thread mentioned that they think it's a done deal for James. I totally disagree.

Emma caught up near the end of Thursdays show, by betting it all on Final Jeopardy.

James is at nearly 30,000 but Emma has almost half of his score.

All she needs to do is remain competitive on Friday, and find a few of the Daily Doubles, and she can easily be back in the game. James knows it too.

The only reason he stayed ahead on Thursday, is because he found all three Daily Doubles. If he had not, then Emma would have been right up there with him.

So if she finds any or all of the Daily Doubles today, she could easily beat James.

by Anonymousreply 59November 15, 2019 10:54 AM

I'm definitely rooting for Emma. I know the odds are stacked against her but mathematically she's still in the game. James' hand gesture towards to Emma when she got the FJ right--so cringe. She doesn't need your approval, James and it's not all about you.

by Anonymousreply 60November 15, 2019 1:45 PM

Wow at Emma today tho I thought James played more conservatively as he had a large lead already. Is Emma’s great game today enough to put over the top? Stay tuned!

by Anonymousreply 61November 15, 2019 5:57 PM

Someone from Part 18 said:

[quote] what bothers me the most is that he seems bored during the show, sort of as though he'd like to get this pesky stuff over with

I totally disagree.

James has always had a "poker face." He's a gambler, for fuck's sake!

I never got the impression that he's bored. He loves the thrill of winning. It's part of a gambler's makeup. Trust me, I would know.

What most people would mistake for being "bored," I see as trying to just play it cool.

James wants to win. Make no mistake about it.

by Anonymousreply 62November 15, 2019 7:15 PM

Almost any other year and Emma would have been the undisputed champ. She just ran into a machine in 2019. You could argue she played against James on 3 days and she beat him on 2 of them.

by Anonymousreply 63November 16, 2019 12:17 AM

So happy for James!

I was worried that humorless Emma would beat him. She was out for blood!

Thankfully, James put her in her place, and gave her a slice of humble pie.

She needed it.

by Anonymousreply 64November 16, 2019 3:26 AM

I just read that James , Ken and Brad will have a GOAT face off and it’s gonna be live. At abc this January.

by Anonymousreply 65November 18, 2019 6:14 PM

[quote] I just read that James , Ken and Brad will have a GOAT face off and it’s gonna be live. At abc this January.

I wish I could be there!

by Anonymousreply 66November 18, 2019 6:18 PM

"Final Jeopardy! answer was wrong according to many fans"

Tuesday’s episode of Jeopardy! left some fans questioning the accuracy of the show. During the Final Jeopardy! round, the clue was written in a way that technically two different answers could be correct.

The category was Oscar-winning films. The clue was: “The first words spoken in this 1970 Best Picture Oscar winner are ‘Ten-hut!’ ‘Be Seated.’” The correct response, according to the show, was “What is Patton?”

Many fans argued that the correct answer was actually Midnight Cowboy. Midnight Cowboy did in fact win the 1970 Academy Award for Best Picture. Patton won the 1971 Academy Award for Best Picture.

Patton debuted in 1970, so technically it is a film from that year. However, as the clue is phrased it does seem like the disgruntled fans have a point. The “1970 Best Picture Oscar winner” was Midnight Cowboy, even though the film came out in 1969.

[quote] #Jeopardy was wrong today with final jeopardy. 1970 best picture was Midnight Cowboy not Patton soooo?????? pic.twitter.com/qIz0VcFG5I — ricky 🎈 (@yoskayy) December 11, 2019

[quote] Final Jeopardy was wrong today. 1970 Best Pic was Midnight Cowboy. Patton was 1971. — Glen Farmer (@GlenFarmer17) December 11, 2019

[quote] @Jeopardy The 1970 Best Picture Oscar Winner was "Midnight Cowboy."

[quote] "Patton" was released in 1970. It didn't win Best Picture until 1971. — Patricia Schwarz (@TessEractica) December 11, 2019

[quote] Did @Jeopardy miss a comma or miss the year? Because the answer to “1970 Best Picture Oscar Winner” is Midnight Cowboy.

[quote] The answer to “1970, Best Picture Oscar Winner” is Patton.

[quote] No?#jeopardy pic.twitter.com/Pq55E5uw1U — JusSayin (@JusSayin88) December 11, 2019

[quote] Is this one of those "year it came out versus year the ceremony is held things?" I have no idea, I bet low because as a general rule I will only start caring about Oscars if I'm nominated for one. — Author Jennifer Quail (@jenniferquail) December 11, 2019

Jennifer Quail, who actually won Tuesday’s episode, even weighed in on the subject on Twitter. “Is this one of those ‘year it came out versus year the ceremony is held things?’" she tweeted, adding. “I have no idea, I bet low because as a general rule I will only start caring about Oscars if I'm nominated for one.”

Quail did correctly answer Patton, but only bet a $1,000 — which is her lowest Final Jeopardy! wager during her five-game win streak.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67December 11, 2019 9:22 PM

Jennifer had better watch her mouth!

Jeopardy! will see to it that she's OUSTED.

by Anonymousreply 68December 13, 2019 12:41 AM

There's a Jeopardy special on tonight!

It's on ABC, and the show is called "What is Jeopardy? Alex Trebek and America's most popular quiz show."

"A behind-the-scenes look at the taping of quiz show "Jeopardy!"; an exclusive interview at home with Alex Trebek and his wife Jean; a look back at the show's most memorable moments and contestants; hosted by Michael Strahan."

Sounds like fun.

by Anonymousreply 69January 2, 2020 10:25 PM

Once again I posted in the wrong Jeopardy thread. Am I as dumb as Priscilla?

by Anonymousreply 70January 17, 2020 12:02 AM

I have never felt as bad for a contestant as I did for Priscilla.

by Anonymousreply 71January 17, 2020 12:05 AM

At least she’s smarter than our president.

by Anonymousreply 72January 17, 2020 12:07 AM

R72, why do you feel the need to bring Trump into a Jeopardy thread? Tired.

by Anonymousreply 73January 17, 2020 12:17 AM

RIP Alex. Too bad she dead.

by Anonymousreply 74January 17, 2020 2:30 AM

Did anyone catch tonight's Australia question? The question was NSW, I'm unsure of the answer, but I thought I heard, "This is the lower right hand corner of Australia." If that's correct, shouldn't the question be Victoria?

by Anonymousreply 75January 17, 2020 11:51 PM

I think Priscilla has now set the bar for stupidity and nervousness.

We can now rate other dumb players in comparison to Priscilla.

On 1 to 10 Priscilla scale (10 being total Priscilla), how dumb was so and so?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76January 18, 2020 12:42 AM

R75–Not when the category is “North South East and West.”

by Anonymousreply 77January 19, 2020 4:59 PM

Priscilla wasn’t dumb. She was nervous.

by Anonymousreply 78January 19, 2020 4:59 PM

I can't stand this new champ.

by Anonymousreply 79January 21, 2020 11:50 PM

I can’t believe cookie sniffer Steve answered Gone with the Wind for FJ.

by Anonymousreply 80January 21, 2020 11:59 PM

Did anyone else see Sarah just spazzing out, when she started losing?

She was doing weird things with her hair and her face, and she kept slapping her arms, as if she were some prize fighter.

What a fucking bizarre woman. I've never seen anything like it on Jeopardy.

by Anonymousreply 81January 30, 2020 5:56 AM

Kudos to Joshua the jock for dethroning Sarah.

by Anonymousreply 82January 30, 2020 6:05 AM

I wanted Ryan to win.

She was hilarious!

by Anonymousreply 83January 30, 2020 6:19 AM

So weird. KABC in Los Angeles aired Monday's episode again instead of Wednesday's episode. The one where I was rooting for Cheyenne to win, but Sarah won when she got the correct FJ answer with Robert Frost.

Wonder if they'll air Wednesday's episode on Thursday and then catch up on Saturday (when they normally run a year-old Jeopardy episode). Or will they air Thursday's episode on Thursday and never air the Wednesday episode.

by Anonymousreply 84January 30, 2020 7:52 AM

UPDATE: After accidentally airing a repeat of Monday's episode on Wednesday night, KABC in Los Angeles ran the Wednesday episode where Joshua won at 2 a.m. on Wednesday night/Thursday morning. So, the LA market is caught up again.

I figured out Final was Mahershala Ali about 2 seconds before time ran out. Would not have had time to get that name written down if I'd been playing.

by Anonymousreply 85January 30, 2020 9:44 AM

Would they have accepted just "Ali" for FJ?

by Anonymousreply 86January 30, 2020 10:09 AM

Alex doesn't seem to be too thrilled with the new winner.

I think he wanted Sarah to win.

Maybe he has a crush on her.

by Anonymousreply 87January 30, 2020 5:29 PM

So many unanswered questions tonight.

Aloha to the Big Kahuna.

Guessed "Georgia On My Mind" for FJ.

by Anonymousreply 88January 31, 2020 4:36 AM

Is Joshua gone?

by Anonymousreply 89January 31, 2020 8:08 AM

I guessed John Denver's "Country Roads, Take Me Home" which has the line "West Virginia, mountain mama."

by Anonymousreply 90January 31, 2020 9:42 AM

I initially thought Country Roads too, but remembered it was around 1971, then decided it was Sweet Home Alabama was more likely 1974.

by Anonymousreply 91January 31, 2020 10:48 AM

R89, Yep.

by Anonymousreply 92January 31, 2020 9:57 PM

I am truly surprised that no one was salivating over last night hot bro challenger?

by Anonymousreply 93January 31, 2020 10:17 PM

Jesus, the two losers were dumb. And Audrey was the most annoying contestant in months. Asking if she can change her wager after the answer is given? Honey, begone.

by Anonymousreply 94February 1, 2020 12:16 AM

R93, Sorry, but I didn't find him to be even lukewarm.

by Anonymousreply 95February 1, 2020 12:29 AM

What a horrible game tonight.

Was Audrey coached by last week's Priscilla?

by Anonymousreply 96February 1, 2020 12:39 AM

Audrey just wanted to be on TV.

by Anonymousreply 97February 1, 2020 12:46 AM

R93 - I thought David was cute as well.

by Anonymousreply 98February 1, 2020 1:11 AM

I have said so many times recently that the game was particularly lackluster that I felt like I was crying wolf in thinking that such was the case tonight again. So, thanks for all the verification!

by Anonymousreply 99February 1, 2020 3:15 AM

Audrey was hilarious.

and she looked amazing in that dark green getup

by Anonymousreply 100February 1, 2020 7:19 AM

Holy shit, Stephen was a hot piece of ass.

by Anonymousreply 101February 4, 2020 12:08 AM

Why are there two Jeopardy threads?

by Anonymousreply 102February 4, 2020 12:32 AM

Damn, I knew it was the space between N and S Korea but couldn’t for the life of me recall the damned name.

That doctor was hot as hell !!!

🥵🥵😍

by Anonymousreply 103February 4, 2020 12:37 AM

really annoyed they gave despicable Jeanine Pirro such a mainstream, positive clue. They treated her like a respectable, normal former judge and current "news" host.

by Anonymousreply 104February 4, 2020 8:15 AM

The doctor pinged to high heaven.

by Anonymousreply 105February 4, 2020 12:23 PM

R105, Stephen did not ping to me at all, and I would like to offer him some consolation on his second place finish.

by Anonymousreply 106February 4, 2020 1:57 PM

I felt the doctor was rather boring, and yes, he did ping to me.

by Anonymousreply 107February 4, 2020 2:34 PM

I could put up with boring if the person is cute.

And, yes, there was major pingage.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108February 4, 2020 3:33 PM

And he's a Doctor! Money and compassion.

by Anonymousreply 109February 4, 2020 4:48 PM

I miss smart contestants.

by Anonymousreply 110February 4, 2020 11:56 PM

Another abysmal game tonight.

So many unanswered and/or incorrectly answered questions.

by Anonymousreply 111February 5, 2020 1:40 AM

Tuesday's game seemed to have especially hard questions.

The the Daily Double question about Plymouth was poorly worded, especially for a category about Admirals. So and so admiral left this harbor in 1588 and another ship left it 32 years later? Or something like that.

by Anonymousreply 112February 5, 2020 11:10 AM

In the Owl category yesterday, Deathly Hollows was part of one of the clues. I don’t remember exactly how it was worded since I was listening to it rather than watching it because I was soaking in the bathtub, but I know it was supposed to be Deathly Hallows.

by Anonymousreply 113February 6, 2020 3:57 AM

I noticed Carthage comes up a lot as a subject

by Anonymousreply 114February 6, 2020 9:00 AM

FJ easy tonight. Of course it was Robert E. Lee.

by Anonymousreply 115February 6, 2020 9:12 AM

In the fridge, Bob!

by Anonymousreply 116February 6, 2020 10:51 AM

Stephen Jackson was hot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117February 6, 2020 10:53 AM

R116, How could Justin not know the rhyming word for that DD was orphanage, given the clues in the wording?

by Anonymousreply 118February 6, 2020 10:55 AM

R117, Definitely, but apparently he pinged to the skies for everyone on here but me.

My gaydar needle did not budge for him.

by Anonymousreply 119February 6, 2020 10:58 AM

I couldn't come up with it, R118.

I blurted out the same answer he did, R116.

by Anonymousreply 120February 6, 2020 11:24 AM

"Smidge/orphanage" has always been a oddball rhyme. Unless he knows the show, it would have been tough for him to make a good guess.

by Anonymousreply 121February 6, 2020 2:03 PM

R121, That's just it . . . Justin was powering through the category until he hit the DD at the end.

by Anonymousreply 122February 6, 2020 2:37 PM

FJ was so easy it had me second guessing myself.

by Anonymousreply 123February 6, 2020 2:41 PM

I thought that it said something that Justin was so happily latching onto that category.

by Anonymousreply 124February 6, 2020 4:58 PM

Patrick pinged to kingdom come and back.

When was the last time a new champ embraced both opponents?

by Anonymousreply 125February 6, 2020 11:59 PM

But did he grab their ass?

by Anonymousreply 126February 7, 2020 12:03 AM

He's the first hugger I can remember.

by Anonymousreply 127February 7, 2020 12:55 AM

Anyone see the drag queen on WOF?

by Anonymousreply 128February 7, 2020 1:45 AM

I tuned in for a split second from the presidential town halls, and tuned right out again.!

by Anonymousreply 129February 7, 2020 2:57 AM

Patrick is very smart. Did you see him wink at someone after he won?

by Anonymousreply 130February 7, 2020 6:06 PM

Patrick. Yum.

by Anonymousreply 131February 8, 2020 12:54 AM

There's something very likeable about Patrick.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132February 8, 2020 1:01 PM

R132, Attractive, but a bit too smug for me.

They missed some easy ones last night, Fred MacMurray among them.

by Anonymousreply 133February 8, 2020 1:24 PM

They're not old enough to know My Three Sons or Fred MacMurray, r133

by Anonymousreply 134February 8, 2020 1:47 PM

R134, Alex also falls into the trap of thinking that contestants are too young to know things. Well-rounded and educated people know about many, many things before they were born.

by Anonymousreply 135February 8, 2020 1:51 PM

R134, Age has nothing to do with it. In preparation, contestants should study vintage films, television shows and Broadway shows, just as they should study history, Shakespeare, mythology, etc.

"My Three Sons" was an iconic series that ran for many years. MeTV currently airs reruns every morning.

by Anonymousreply 136February 8, 2020 2:15 PM

Patrick’ s got a face that screams “I’m annoying, smug, and arrogant.” I don’t think he’s attractive at all.

by Anonymousreply 137February 8, 2020 3:14 PM

Is Vinnie a homosexualist?

by Anonymousreply 138February 11, 2020 2:57 AM

Vinny wins with a paltry $3,399.

I thought FJ was quite obvious, yet no one got it.

by Anonymousreply 139February 11, 2020 11:02 AM

I was clueless about FJ.

Only thing I could think of was Roberts Rules of Order, which I knew was wrong since the catagory was sports terms.

by Anonymousreply 140February 11, 2020 11:51 AM

I knew what they were getting at for final, but my brain couldn't get beyond "Something to do with Oscar Wilde..."

by Anonymousreply 141February 11, 2020 3:54 PM

OMG Friday was a WILD ride! Loved it!

and the winner Terry can bench 300 lbs I want to see him shirtless

has anyone ever had a such a poor start but then gone on to have a runaway lead?

by Anonymousreply 142February 15, 2020 9:33 AM

The winner had one foot in a coma and the other on a banana peel. So annoying.

by Anonymousreply 143February 15, 2020 4:31 PM

He had one lucky break, which would be almost impossible to do again.

by Anonymousreply 144February 15, 2020 5:12 PM

New champ Terry was incredibly nervous, but not as bad as Priscilla from a couple of weeks ago.

I don't see him lasting for more than one game.

So many went unanswered or answered incorrectly, you can see it frustrates Alex.

Blanked on FJ.

by Anonymousreply 145February 15, 2020 8:13 PM

I think champion is on the spectrum--blank affect, eye contact avoidance, has lots of trivial knowledge but blurts it out without reflection, gym obsession.

That said, good for him!

by Anonymousreply 146February 15, 2020 10:58 PM

Was it me or was he pronouncing "boroughs" as "bureaus?"

by Anonymousreply 147February 16, 2020 12:07 AM

No, r147, it wasn't just you.

by Anonymousreply 148February 16, 2020 2:40 PM

Alex has been making a number of mispronunciations lately. It’s got to be rough, but I’m so glad he’s still willing and able to do the show.

by Anonymousreply 149February 17, 2020 1:07 AM

Was 420 a signal that he's a dope fiend? 🤔

by Anonymousreply 150February 18, 2020 2:58 AM

R150 He was hopped up on the jazz cabbage!

by Anonymousreply 151February 18, 2020 3:22 AM

R150, That might explain his confusing Andy Warhol for Andrew Wyeth. We should all feel grateful that he maintains aircrafts and doesn't fly them.

FJ was way too easy, even for non-Broadway fans.

Two good looking guys coming up on Wednesday.

by Anonymousreply 152February 18, 2020 7:18 AM

I want to be the filling in a Sam and Adam sandwich.

Then I want Sam to take me around the world.

Great game for a change.

by Anonymousreply 153February 20, 2020 1:24 AM

Team Adam.

by Anonymousreply 154February 20, 2020 1:25 AM

Go Sam! Only lost by $1. Pretty impressive score.

Best game in a long time.

by Anonymousreply 155February 20, 2020 11:07 AM

I cannot STAND that Assburger-esque bitch who keeps winning! I'm so sorry that Sam couldn't pull it off.

by Anonymousreply 156February 20, 2020 7:40 PM

R156, Her constant swaying makes me bilious.

by Anonymousreply 157February 20, 2020 7:42 PM

The current champ is annoying... BEYOND WORDS.

Her voice is like nails on a chalkboard.

by Anonymousreply 158February 20, 2020 8:27 PM

What was up with the dikey lady dressed in a Peter Pan collar as though she were auditioning for the remake of Pleasantville?

Final was a give away

by Anonymousreply 159February 21, 2020 2:58 AM

I'm actually enjoying the current champ. She's a strong player and knows her stuff. Her games have been exciting to watch, especially after a string of somewhat boring ones.

by Anonymousreply 160February 21, 2020 5:30 PM

"Lebbenon."

Oh please.

by Anonymousreply 161February 21, 2020 5:41 PM

Bless Jon’s heart. I think I counted five times that he didn’t answer in the form of a question. How did he make it through?

by Anonymousreply 162February 21, 2020 11:57 PM

Did Alex give Jon credit for one of his non-question responses? It sounded like Alex reworded Jon's answer in the form of a question for him and then called it correct.

by Anonymousreply 163February 22, 2020 12:05 AM

How could anyone Jon's age think that Jack Ruby assassinated JFK?

by Anonymousreply 164February 22, 2020 12:23 AM

They get credit when answering in a non-question format during Jeopardy (although reminded of the correct format), but not during Double or Final Jeopardy.

And it took poor Jon the entire length of regular Jeopardy to figure that out.

I don't like calling people idiots, but I'm almost tempted to make an exception in his case.

by Anonymousreply 165February 22, 2020 1:55 AM

The old guy may have been sharp at one time, but seems like some cognitive deficiency going on at this point.

by Anonymousreply 166February 22, 2020 4:16 AM

Maybe he had a stroke on the way to LA.

by Anonymousreply 167February 22, 2020 4:39 AM

Anyone watch the old Jeopardy! episodes on Netflix? Interesting to watch them alongside the current ones.

by Anonymousreply 168February 22, 2020 5:40 AM

R168, Yes, watched several last weekend, including those with Alex Jacobs, Buzzy Cohen and the eternally annoying Matt Jackson.

by Anonymousreply 169February 22, 2020 11:26 AM

R162, Jon resembled Andy Warhol.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 170February 22, 2020 11:30 AM

[quote]And it took poor Jon the entire length of regular Jeopardy to figure that out. I don't like calling people idiots, but I'm almost tempted to make an exception in his case.

You never know how much the presence of the cameras and being on stage can affect people. Can make them nervous and slow to learn the lessons despite Alex's reminders.

I remember playing on a mock Jeopardy team in college one time. I did great in rehearsals, but froze several times during the actual game. And there weren't even any cameras there recording it.

by Anonymousreply 171February 22, 2020 11:37 AM

Speaking of nervous Jeopardy! players . . .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 172February 22, 2020 11:50 AM

FJ was so obvious, especially for someone Steve's age.

He could have saved us from yet another day with Miss Swing and Sway.

by Anonymousreply 173February 25, 2020 12:00 AM

Gore ran on the Green Party ticket?! Oh, middle girl.

by Anonymousreply 174February 25, 2020 12:01 AM

Alex sounds awful tonight.

by Anonymousreply 175February 25, 2020 2:09 AM

Give her a break R174. She's Canadian.

by Anonymousreply 176February 25, 2020 2:37 AM

I'm Steve's age, and all I could think of was the Birdman of Alcatraz. Gore was cringe-worthy. Yet again, blowing too many answers.

by Anonymousreply 177February 25, 2020 2:58 AM

Was the Birdman of Alcatraz a baritone?

by Anonymousreply 178February 25, 2020 5:08 AM

No one could identify Mike Wallace from a photograph, yet the more obscure Dalton Trumbo was easily identified?

by Anonymousreply 179February 26, 2020 12:25 PM

Maybe because the Trumbo movie with Bryan Cranston has been playing on cable on and off for a while.

by Anonymousreply 180February 26, 2020 1:24 PM

There's also a new documentary on Mike Wallace available via ON DEMAND that his son Chris has been promoting for months.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 181February 26, 2020 2:25 PM

Maybe they weren’t sure if it was Mike or Morley.

by Anonymousreply 182February 26, 2020 3:42 PM

Where is Mister Cocoa?

by Anonymousreply 183February 26, 2020 4:26 PM

Maybe he’s with Art Flaming?

by Anonymousreply 184February 26, 2020 4:31 PM

Maybe he took a wrong turn on the other thread and got lost.

by Anonymousreply 185February 26, 2020 4:37 PM

I didn't watch last night's show as it was up against the debate.

An acquaintance of mine was recently in the Jeopardy audience, so enjoyed hearing his tales of being on the scene. There is no gift shop there, so the audience members get a coupon toward the online store. He said that Jimmy did trivia during the breaks.

by Anonymousreply 186February 26, 2020 5:45 PM

I always wonder what movies were made on that old MGM soundstage. If I was at a taping, that’s what I would ask about. Warner Bros has a plaque outside each stage with the names of the well known titles that were shot there.

by Anonymousreply 187February 26, 2020 6:22 PM

R186, With stops and starts, how long does it take to tape a show?

by Anonymousreply 188February 26, 2020 7:45 PM

R187, Alex said recently that "The Wizard of Oz" was filmed on the current Jeopardy! set.

by Anonymousreply 189February 26, 2020 7:47 PM

R188

I don't have any way of taping a show. Perhaps, I'll watch yesterday's episode online before I see tonight's?

by Anonymousreply 190February 26, 2020 7:52 PM

R188–when I saw the taping of The Daily Show, for some reason, they took an actual timed break from taping during what were commercial breaks, apparently equal to the duration of the commercials. Perhaps it makes the timing easier.

by Anonymousreply 191February 26, 2020 7:58 PM

Contestant Greg is an out homosexual. Can't decide if I think he's cute or not.

by Anonymousreply 192February 26, 2020 8:51 PM

R190, I meant, how long did your friend say it takes to tape a Jeopardy! show?

by Anonymousreply 193February 26, 2020 9:04 PM

Saw yesterday's show on YouTube, annoying ads and all! Once again, like a broken record, I knew almost all the ones that they did not. Christopher should have known catharsis, which would have helped dethrone our boring champ. I actually liked the challenger lady best.

I wasn't familiar with Ryan Reynolds, but sure am now - hubba hubba!

by Anonymousreply 194February 26, 2020 10:04 PM

R194, Check him out in "The Proposal", with Sandra Bullock. Very funny film . . . and Ryan has a nude scene.

by Anonymousreply 195February 26, 2020 10:11 PM

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed woman is Queen. She seems to know more than the other contestants consistently is her big winning factor. Had no idea of final, just several of the ones that they all missed during the game as usual.

Mauritius???

by Anonymousreply 196February 27, 2020 3:04 AM

Aaron suits up a dream! Would have been fine with the challenger lady. My second choice for final would have been Savannah.

by Anonymousreply 197February 28, 2020 2:59 AM

Thank you, God, for creating Aaron and saving us from another game with Mackenzie.

I guessed New Orleans for FJ.

by Anonymousreply 198February 28, 2020 5:57 AM

I guessed New Orleans as well. It wasn't an entirely stupid guess, right?

by Anonymousreply 199February 28, 2020 11:33 AM

Thank God Mackenzie is gone.

I never cared for her. Yeah, she's smart. Blah, blah, blah. But there was something about her that always irritated the crap out of me.

Having said that, I don't know if I like Aaron either. Maybe it's because it's the overabundance of confidence he seemed to exude from the moment he was introduced.

by Anonymousreply 200February 28, 2020 12:30 PM

Aaron's deep voice is sexy.

by Anonymousreply 201February 28, 2020 1:44 PM

Team Aaron all the way. Hope he hangs around for a while.

The woman in the blue sweater with the thick Boston accent was precious.

Didn't get FJ, but should have.

by Anonymousreply 202February 29, 2020 2:34 AM

I didn't get final either, with the word serpent popping into my head. Underestimated granny, so impressed that she did so well, not that the challenger was particularly a slouch either. One of the better games in a long time!

by Anonymousreply 203February 29, 2020 3:06 AM

Okay, Bruce is officially frightening me.

by Anonymousreply 204March 2, 2020 11:50 PM

Bruce isn’t just on the spectrum, he’s full on aspie. I don’t enjoy watching these millennials on Jeopardy.

by Anonymousreply 205March 2, 2020 11:55 PM

I knew I had to check this thread out as soon as I saw Bruce tonight. Be funny but not too nasty, boys.

by Anonymousreply 206March 3, 2020 12:19 AM

I’m surprised nobody got FJ, which I thought was pretty easy.

by Anonymousreply 207March 3, 2020 12:46 AM

I said nuns 😬😬

Aww, no nun emojis 🤷🏻‍♀️

by Anonymousreply 208March 3, 2020 1:06 AM

I got final almost immediately.

Spectrum Boi needs to go away [italic]tomorrow[/italic]!

What really got to me was that none of them knew Lou Grant!

by Anonymousreply 209March 3, 2020 3:00 AM

Missionaries was such an obvious answer. No idea how they could miss that.

And yes, missing Lou Grant was bizarre. Have none of them ever seen Mary Tyler Moore show?!?!

Bruce would have won even bigger if he hadn't had such a hard time pronouncing words. Felt sorry for him in that respect. Wonder how long he'll be the champ.

by Anonymousreply 210March 3, 2020 8:50 AM

Missionaries seemed way too easy. I guessed Jesuits. Poor Bruce. He's so awkward. Even Alex seems to feel sorry for him.

by Anonymousreply 211March 3, 2020 11:37 AM

Aaron seemed bored/annoyed most of the time.

by Anonymousreply 212March 3, 2020 1:50 PM

Champs often have a sense of it being a game that they're not going to win fairly early on, and just sort of dropping out at that point.

by Anonymousreply 213March 3, 2020 4:51 PM

The quality of contestants seems to be declining. I’m amazed that well-educated people don’t know that “ova” is Latin for “eggs.”

by Anonymousreply 214March 3, 2020 11:58 PM

No show cause of the primary coverage 🙄

by Anonymousreply 215March 4, 2020 5:35 PM

I didn't watch it yesterday as I found Spectrum Boi unwatchable. What is the love child of Fabio and Michael Bolton all about?

by Anonymousreply 216March 4, 2020 6:08 PM

R216, Mr. Bernadette Peters is not as odd as he appears.

Gratefully, he spared us a third day of Bruce.

by Anonymousreply 217March 4, 2020 9:52 PM

FWIW: In the LA area, KABC showed Tuesday's Jeopardy at 2 am today (Weds. 03/04/20). Figuring ahead that they might do something like that, I looked in the program listings and was able to record it. I mention this in case you thought that KABC would have shown the episode a day late, as they often do. Not this time.

by Anonymousreply 218March 4, 2020 11:55 PM

Fabio and Michael Bolton?

I thought of the character Gimli from Lord of the Rings.

by Anonymousreply 219March 5, 2020 12:20 AM

Is this what folks at Datalounge mean by "gay voice"? 🤔

Got final almost immediately.

by Anonymousreply 220March 5, 2020 3:01 AM

R220, You betcha.

by Anonymousreply 221March 5, 2020 6:08 AM

I had presumed the new champ is gay. . .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 222March 5, 2020 1:04 PM

"Beard"

Meaning: Someone married to a gay person as a cover up. Explanation: A beard is an accessory often used to emphasise a man's masculinity. The gay slang term 'beard' can be thought of in much the same way since in this case, a woman is used as an accessory to emphasise the gay man's masculinity.

by Anonymousreply 223March 5, 2020 2:44 PM

I thought Frankenstein as well.

by Anonymousreply 224March 6, 2020 2:06 AM

All I could think think of was Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde.

by Anonymousreply 225March 6, 2020 3:09 AM

"The Island of Doctor Moreau" is a crazed fever dream of a novel; it reminds me of Poe's "The Narrative of Arthur Gordon Pym of Nantucket".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 226March 6, 2020 3:16 AM

Only thing I could think of was Treasure Island but I knew that was wrong.

by Anonymousreply 227March 6, 2020 9:19 AM

All hail to Champ Paul for heading off the stealth Canadian!

Not at all into recent movies, so had absolutely no idea of final.

by Anonymousreply 228March 7, 2020 3:07 AM

Paul is really playing well.

I thought "Kramer" was going to be another player ending in the red, but he redeemed himself.

Only got half of FJ . . . India.

by Anonymousreply 229March 10, 2020 5:44 AM

I didn't get "Moana" either. Paul's a great player, and seems like a good sport too.

by Anonymousreply 230March 10, 2020 5:47 AM

Alex's voice is sadly showing the effects of the chemotherapy.

I'm reminded of Peter Jennings remaining on the ABC Evening News until he could barely be understood.

by Anonymousreply 231March 10, 2020 5:47 AM

I thought it was interesting when Alex said he didn't remember who the champ was until he came to work that day.

I found FJ to be way easy.

by Anonymousreply 232March 10, 2020 1:22 PM

I got both.

🥳🥳🥳

by Anonymousreply 233March 10, 2020 2:20 PM

Nice comeback by Paul after trailing Mark throughout the game.

FJ was another easy one.

Jeopardy! and WOF will begin taping without audiences due to the Coronavirus.

by Anonymousreply 234March 11, 2020 12:17 AM

I thought Mark was kinda cute. I like the tall nerdy guys.

by Anonymousreply 235March 11, 2020 2:05 AM

He looked like Sheldon Cooper. 😛😛

by Anonymousreply 236March 11, 2020 2:29 AM

I'm heavy into nerds, but Mark was too much for me. I had no idea of final, but was surprised when they flubbed both Trees and Brigham Young.

by Anonymousreply 237March 11, 2020 3:05 AM

I figured FJ was something related to Oscar Wilde, but blanked on it being the Importance of Being Earnest.

by Anonymousreply 238March 11, 2020 8:31 AM

Pop Art? Obvious early on that the champ was headed out, as is often the case with the losing game. Not a real fan of the new gal, but we'll see.

by Anonymousreply 239March 12, 2020 2:58 AM

Jessica made a strong comeback in Double Jeopardy.

The answer of Graphic Novel was obvious but I was surprised to learn it was coined in 1964. I thought started in the 1980s, which is when I first started seeing comic books turned into graphic novels.

by Anonymousreply 240March 12, 2020 8:43 AM

I was really surprised about the date "graphic novel" was coined too. Strange how it seemed to lie dormant for 20 years, and then become mainstream.

by Anonymousreply 241March 12, 2020 9:37 PM

This chick is a personal stylist?!

Following Hanson around seems perfectly normal, by the way. Cute boys.

by Anonymousreply 242March 12, 2020 11:38 PM

Slant eye exam?

by Anonymousreply 243March 12, 2020 11:50 PM

Jessica Rabbit!

by Anonymousreply 244March 12, 2020 11:58 PM

[quote]Slant eye exam?

I laughed out loud when he said that.

He deserved not to be a part of FJ just for that.

by Anonymousreply 245March 13, 2020 1:30 AM

I guessed FJ correctly.

The young girl sure as hell wasn't going to know it.

by Anonymousreply 246March 13, 2020 1:45 AM

R246, Actually, Dick Van Dyke made that comment fairly recently and it was well reported in the media.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 247March 13, 2020 3:04 AM

I think I remember her looking good yesterday, R242. She had on a green dress that looked nice with her red hair. But today...eek! The floral dress with the ugly-colored sweater was not a good look.

by Anonymousreply 248March 13, 2020 6:19 AM

[quote]Slant eye exam?

And the Asian contestant to his right did NOT seem amused by that reply…which immediately elevated it to hysterically funny.

by Anonymousreply 249March 13, 2020 6:04 PM

Jessica Rabbit?

Aww, poor Trebek. It seems that he’s cutting loose some and not being so stiff and formal.

Wonder if it’s a choice or the result of his medications.

Yeah, but not many people might still care about Mary Poppins, R246.

by Anonymousreply 250March 13, 2020 6:36 PM

"Mary Poppins" is considered an iconic film.

by Anonymousreply 251March 13, 2020 7:52 PM

These fucking whippersnappers didn’t know Burns and Allen!

by Anonymousreply 252March 13, 2020 11:42 PM

The girl in the middle looks like Kristen Wiig.

by Anonymousreply 253March 13, 2020 11:49 PM

Boobie!

by Anonymousreply 254March 13, 2020 11:57 PM

This DL poster feels "Mary Poppins" is a supercalifragilisticexpialidocious masterpiece..

by Anonymousreply 255March 14, 2020 1:22 AM

I was trying at first to figure out whether Duncan had gayvoice or gay face, but came away with "both!"

Final was a giveaway, Boobie!

by Anonymousreply 256March 14, 2020 3:03 AM

Duncan was cute.

by Anonymousreply 257March 14, 2020 3:12 AM

Looks like yesterday’s sweater was on the show again today.

by Anonymousreply 258March 14, 2020 4:38 AM

Jessica Rabbit always seems astonished when she wins.

Duncan definitely had the gay double whammy, face and voice.

Alex appeared frustrated to the point of disgust when all three were drawing blanks in the first round.

by Anonymousreply 259March 14, 2020 4:54 AM

So true, R259! He did everything but call them idiots. They missed a good number of easy ones.

by Anonymousreply 260March 14, 2020 5:05 AM

Yeah he had gayface, but it was a sexy gay face . . .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 261March 14, 2020 1:00 PM

I thought a guy in his profession would have known the Latin word for "white." I didn't, but thought he would.

by Anonymousreply 262March 14, 2020 4:28 PM

He seemed at the point of blurting out "Who the f uck let these guys on the show!" had their idiocy gone on much longer.

by Anonymousreply 263March 14, 2020 5:29 PM

He looks more rat faces than gay faced to me.

by Anonymousreply 264March 14, 2020 6:16 PM

^faced

by Anonymousreply 265March 14, 2020 6:17 PM

"Nothing even remotely correct."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 266March 14, 2020 6:27 PM

Possibly the easiest FJ in memory.

Sid is very likeable, hope he lasts a while.

by Anonymousreply 267March 17, 2020 12:00 AM

I only saw the end.....was that a MTF in the middle?

by Anonymousreply 268March 17, 2020 12:31 AM

The one who wrote The Wizard of [Fucking] OZ?

by Anonymousreply 269March 17, 2020 12:33 AM

Yeah, FJ was super easy.

by Anonymousreply 270March 17, 2020 2:47 AM

I love Sam.

by Anonymousreply 271March 17, 2020 2:52 AM

I got the answer right away also. Sid rather pings for me.

by Anonymousreply 272March 17, 2020 3:00 AM

R268, 430 people attended her wedding.

by Anonymousreply 273March 17, 2020 3:53 AM

Duncan was hot.

by Anonymousreply 274March 17, 2020 10:40 AM

I have a feeling we'll be chatting about Kris Sunderic tonight . . .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 275March 17, 2020 1:28 PM

Test

by Anonymousreply 276March 17, 2020 11:38 PM

OMG my husband and I were just talking about him! Total Mary!

by Anonymousreply 277March 17, 2020 11:48 PM

She knows her Moby Dick.

by Anonymousreply 278March 17, 2020 11:52 PM

A major pearl clutching come from behind victory for Kris.

by Anonymousreply 279March 17, 2020 11:58 PM

He was so calm and serious through the whole game - and then in an instant he turned into a fan-waving Miss Pittypat.

On Twitter he said this:

What a game! I honestly thought I was going to pass out. Alex asked me "Are you hyperventilating?" I said I really felt very dizzy. He said "well you better pull yourself together because you have to be back out here in 10 minutes!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 280March 18, 2020 1:08 AM

Kris is a terrible actor and had weird hair. I think he was nervous as hell and missed some pretty simple answers. That said, I am glad he is back tomorrow ;-). Always fun to have people with some quirk.

by Anonymousreply 281March 18, 2020 1:35 AM

What ever happened to John Presloid?

Did he blow all his winnings on meth and hookers?

Here he is, demonstrating his deep-throating skills...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 282March 18, 2020 2:06 AM

Is John Presloid gay?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 283March 18, 2020 2:14 AM

Is Nicole Economou a lesbian?

She really needs to do something about that hair.

by Anonymousreply 284March 18, 2020 2:39 AM

What was that "hire a PhD" thing about on final Jeopardy answer? I missed the first half of show.

by Anonymousreply 285March 18, 2020 2:41 AM

That gesture when he won kinda said it all! He was fatr butcher than the winning guy on Wheel of Fortune tonight, but that's not saying much...

Singapore Sling must be something for older people, but to come up with Rob Roy I thought was a bit much when the clue specified southeast Asia like that.

Final was a giveaway, including 1997 like that, so very shocking that both of them blew it!

by Anonymousreply 286March 18, 2020 3:02 AM

Were there three gay players in today's game?

Sid, Nicole, and Kris all seemed gay to me.

Sid was a bit stealth, Nicole mentioned how "we" adopted a cat (but no gender reference to her other half), and Kris' dramatics was proof enough.

by Anonymousreply 287March 18, 2020 3:11 AM

I thought it was Hong Kong. Nicole had a bit of a Sandra Bernhardt vibe. I loved Kris' hair and suit, and his super- dramatic Fred Sanford clutching his heart gesture after he won. I'll hire you Kris, but not as a professor. .

by Anonymousreply 288March 18, 2020 3:24 AM

we admire youth more than true beauty, but I like that too.

by Anonymousreply 289March 18, 2020 5:13 AM

[quote]He was far butcher than the winning guy on Wheel of Fortune tonight, but that's not saying much...

I don't watch WoF, but I can only imagine.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 290March 18, 2020 12:21 PM

Winning guy on WoF tonight, Christian Dixie, is a freshman at Ball State University. Came across as being about as gay as you can get.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 291March 18, 2020 1:38 PM

But winning WoF contestant Christian was one of the best players I have ever seen!!!! Maybe THE BEST. Solved long puzzles with just a few letters up there. Even figured out the final round puzzle was WAVY OCEAN.

by Anonymousreply 292March 18, 2020 1:58 PM

Wonder what he teaches as an adjunct prof.

by Anonymousreply 293March 18, 2020 2:10 PM

Someone I know is going to Ball U.

by Anonymousreply 294March 18, 2020 2:16 PM

Kris, you moron. You blew a FJ so easy a 3rd grader could get it right.

by Anonymousreply 295March 19, 2020 12:02 AM

Aw Kris, I would have given you a big sloppy wet kiss, if I was around on the set. Sorry, you lost and were nervous!

by Anonymousreply 296March 19, 2020 12:59 AM

Kris is a ditsy bottom.

by Anonymousreply 297March 19, 2020 1:01 AM

I'm glad that Kris went home.

He was much too neurotic and high-strung. Not fun to watch.

He actually made me anxious, with HIS anxiety.

by Anonymousreply 298March 19, 2020 2:45 AM

I thought his nervousness was endearing.

by Anonymousreply 299March 19, 2020 3:11 AM

I decided that Kris reminds me a bit of the manager of my apartment building. Prefer the new champ to the middle gal. Final was yet another giveaway.

WOF OT: two gay winners in a row!

by Anonymousreply 300March 19, 2020 3:13 AM

Many tough questions in spite of the easy FJ.

by Anonymousreply 301March 19, 2020 3:18 AM

I also like the new champion.

She's very calm and relaxed.

No over-the-top dramatics or nervous antics.

by Anonymousreply 302March 19, 2020 4:24 AM

New champ reminds me of Tracy Flick.

by Anonymousreply 303March 19, 2020 1:51 PM

Utter humiliation for Aaron . . . God, that was painful to watch.

New champ Michonne . . . Was she going for the shaved lesbian look but changed her mind midway through?

FJ was pretty obvious.

by Anonymousreply 304March 20, 2020 10:08 AM

I got FJ! I’m really smart!

by Anonymousreply 305March 20, 2020 10:08 PM

Great competitive game tonight.

Blanked on FJ . . . I don’t understand Isabel Allende's connection to 9/11.

by Anonymousreply 306March 21, 2020 12:00 AM

I'm so pissed.

I forgot to DVR it tonight.

by Anonymousreply 307March 21, 2020 12:36 AM

R307, Here it is . . .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 308March 21, 2020 12:47 AM

That FJ was absurdly difficult.

by Anonymousreply 309March 21, 2020 1:05 AM

R309, I knew it immediately.

by Anonymousreply 310March 21, 2020 1:20 AM

R310 = Isabel Allende

by Anonymousreply 311March 21, 2020 2:11 AM

I knew it immediately also; the Chilean part was the important clue, the September 11th reference was rather meaningless. Gay voice (again) for Abhijit?

by Anonymousreply 312March 21, 2020 2:59 AM

I guess Allende's Uncle Salvador was overthrown on September 11th 1973, and she wrote about that day's impact on her life in Chile, then about the impact of September 11th 2001 on her life in the US.

by Anonymousreply 313March 21, 2020 3:23 AM

I guess Isabelle Allende purely because of the 1973 Chile reference.

by Anonymousreply 314March 21, 2020 8:38 AM

Yes, very gay voice for Abhijit.

by Anonymousreply 315March 21, 2020 12:38 PM

Me too, r314 . Not many Chilean female writers to choose from.

by Anonymousreply 316March 21, 2020 1:08 PM

FJ could not have been any easier. I was hoping we’d get a Linda Lavin-related answer.

by Anonymousreply 317March 24, 2020 12:10 AM

Was it just me, or did the guy at the end seem a little bit, uh, quirky?

by Anonymousreply 318March 24, 2020 1:53 AM

R318, He seemed to have checked out during DJ, but perked up at the very end.

Alex was being kind when he said "Fawlty Towers" might have been the correct FJ response.

"All in the Family" was the obvious correct response.

by Anonymousreply 319March 24, 2020 2:24 AM

I think his failure to buzz in first was driving Vikram mad.

by Anonymousreply 320March 24, 2020 3:14 AM

Vikram was on fire in the first round until he missed the Daily Double, guessing Lord Wellington instead of Lord Admiral Horatio Nelson. After that, it's like he quit trying. That's a shame because I really liked him.

Final was so obviously All in the Family, I don't know why anyone would have guessed anything else. But maybe you had to have lived through the 70s to appreciate that.

by Anonymousreply 321March 24, 2020 11:30 AM

So glad the cross-dresser lost; I'm assuming she's gay, not genderfluid? Final another giveaway.

by Anonymousreply 322March 25, 2020 3:04 AM

Nick: another hottie, great smile, touch of Matt LeBlanc. Thought they would all get FJ because of the date...

by Anonymousreply 323March 25, 2020 3:26 AM

Definitely Team Nick, but I did like the blonde champ who hates camping as much as I do.

FJ was one of those where you blurted out the correct response before Alex finished reading it.

by Anonymousreply 324March 25, 2020 4:16 AM

Sorry to see Nick leave so soon, but new champ Adam is an excellent successor.

FJ came to me, but it took a bit.

by Anonymousreply 325March 26, 2020 12:44 AM

I got final right away, but the highlight of the show for me was rosemary as the passover bitter herb!

by Anonymousreply 326March 26, 2020 2:58 AM

Adam is kind of cute too. A run of nice looking guys recently.

by Anonymousreply 327March 26, 2020 3:26 AM

R327, He's a law student living in Somerville, MA, so he's probably a Harvard guy. That's where Obama lived while attending Harvard, Somerville and Cambridge abut.

by Anonymousreply 328March 26, 2020 11:53 AM

^abut. Hee hee

by Anonymousreply 329March 26, 2020 7:29 PM

How annoying is Susan's voice?

Very!

I only came up with Mexico for FJ.

by Anonymousreply 330March 26, 2020 11:58 PM

Who won? FJ was preempted by the Cheeto’s daily briefing.

by Anonymousreply 331March 27, 2020 12:12 AM

OMG Susan had helium voice. If I didn't know any better, I would've thought it was a cartoon character talking.

I didn't notice this yesterday, but Adam looks like he has no upper lip.

by Anonymousreply 332March 27, 2020 12:41 AM

I can't stand grown women with little girl voices! I found Adam distracting with his necktie in front of his suit jacket like that. The Canuck should be ashamed of himself with Ecuador. I got two-thirds of a final, but figured the third country was Honduras since Belize used to be British Honduras. Pat myself on the back for knowing the Larry McMurtry is from Archer City, Texas as well.

Helium gal won, R331.

by Anonymousreply 333March 27, 2020 3:12 AM

I got FJ! None of the players did.

by Anonymousreply 334March 27, 2020 4:56 AM

None of the three had a great game. Bye bye Adam, nice face and voice.

by Anonymousreply 335March 27, 2020 5:18 AM

Despite her voice, I liked Susan. Am glad she won.

I knew Mexico and Belize for Final. But didn't get the third country.

by Anonymousreply 336March 27, 2020 10:18 AM

Susan had the advantage in some categories because of her age.

by Anonymousreply 337March 27, 2020 1:28 PM

Me too, R336 🤗🤗

by Anonymousreply 338March 27, 2020 5:44 PM

I read everything by famous author Val Kilmer.

by Anonymousreply 339March 27, 2020 11:51 PM

I was surprised nobody got FJ.

by Anonymousreply 340March 28, 2020 12:02 AM

I didn't get FJ either.

The new champ sure is feisty. I got a kick out of her saying something to the effect of "I just said that" after Helium Lady buzzed in to repeat the same incorrect answer she got wring.

by Anonymousreply 341March 28, 2020 12:45 AM

OMG!

Friday's game was a humiliation for all three players.

FJ seemed obvious to me, yet they all got it wrong.

by Anonymousreply 342March 28, 2020 1:35 AM

I wasn't sure whether final was Truman or Eisenhower, but correctly opted for the former.

The new champ guessed that Nordstrom's flagship store is in Midtown Manhattan, really? None of them knew that General Dynamics makes airplanes? Finally, maybe it's a gay thing, but I got Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe almost immediately!

by Anonymousreply 343March 28, 2020 3:00 AM

Kyle was a cutie, but J. R. was incredibly sexy.

Unfortunately, they both lost to the new lady champ.

Living in Massachusetts, I should have known FJ, but I didn't.

by Anonymousreply 344April 1, 2020 3:41 AM

I desperately guessed Jersey. Now I see it isn't even a county, let alone the correct one.

by Anonymousreply 345April 1, 2020 3:46 AM

Sexy, indeed.

by Anonymousreply 346April 1, 2020 3:48 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 347April 1, 2020 3:49 AM

You had to find a US state with an18 mile (i.e tiny) coastline in a part of the country where states would be named for parts of England. New Hampshire is an obvious choice.

by Anonymousreply 348April 1, 2020 4:04 AM

Well maybe, but not in 30 seconds.

by Anonymousreply 349April 1, 2020 3:16 PM

To each his own, and I found Kyle far more sexy than boring J. R.

by Anonymousreply 350April 1, 2020 3:30 PM

It helps if you know your English counties, and for that it helps if you know The Rain in Spain.

In Hartford, Hereford and Hampshire, hurricanes hardly happen.”

by Anonymousreply 351April 1, 2020 3:36 PM

I thought FJ was easy only because I know NH is the only state with a really tiny coastline.

by Anonymousreply 352April 1, 2020 6:13 PM

Glad the guy won . . . the mezzo soprano champ was a bit too overbearing.

Blanked on FJ, know nothing about Canadian geography.

by Anonymousreply 353April 2, 2020 4:03 AM

They all blanked on some gimmes: Bordeaux?

by Anonymousreply 354April 2, 2020 5:26 AM

That’s twice now that the show has been pre-empted for an update from the mayor 🙄

I wish he’d just declare a complete lockdown. I still have to work 🤨

Apparently construction is an essential business 🙄🙄

by Anonymousreply 355April 2, 2020 7:30 PM

You’re in construction? How butch. Lesbian?

by Anonymousreply 356April 2, 2020 7:36 PM

No, I work in the office, thank you very much.

Although we did have a baby dyke working in the back but, surprise surprise, she hurt her foot somehow and is probably gone for good 🙄.

by Anonymousreply 357April 2, 2020 8:00 PM

r355 Not sure where you live, but when my local station premepts Jeopardy, they typically run the episode later that night at 2:05 a.m. So, I've learned if Jeopardy isn't on to automatically set my DVR to record at 2:05, just in case.

by Anonymousreply 358April 2, 2020 11:25 PM

They replay it at 1:37 in my city. I’m in TX, btw.

Forget it, it’s too late.

by Anonymousreply 359April 2, 2020 11:29 PM

Good FJ tonight. Also, I was surprised to audibly hear the judges correct Alex twice.

by Anonymousreply 360April 2, 2020 11:59 PM

I usually skip the College Tournament, but glad I tuned in.

Marshall is definitely a cutie, glad he won.

by Anonymousreply 361April 7, 2020 11:42 AM

R361, he’s being discussed in Jeopardy Part 20. Apparently he’s DL’s own Joel.

by Anonymousreply 362April 7, 2020 11:50 AM

Why the fuck is there a Jeopardy Part 20?

by Anonymousreply 363April 7, 2020 5:59 PM

[quote]Why the fuck is there a Jeopardy Part 20?

Because this one's been paywalled.

by Anonymousreply 364April 7, 2020 6:00 PM

So what? If you’re too cheap to pay, sit out the discussion, don’t split it in two. Terrible forum etiquette.

by Anonymousreply 365April 7, 2020 6:07 PM

It's Double Jeopardy.

by Anonymousreply 366April 7, 2020 6:13 PM

R366 — Well played!

by Anonymousreply 367April 7, 2020 6:16 PM

Here's the link to Part 20, which I just found. Apparently it was created more than a week ago.

It would be nice in the future if people would inform us that a thread has been paywalled and also post a link to the new thread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 368April 7, 2020 6:19 PM

^they can’t. They’re paywalled . That just makes their selfishness worse.

by Anonymousreply 369April 7, 2020 6:37 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!