Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Any recommendations of things to do in Toronto?

I'm staying at the Chelsea downtown, and have not been there in years.

by Anonymousreply 18November 1, 2019 2:50 PM

Are you looking for Touristy things? The gay village has really gone down these past few years because gays live everywhere now..but there are still a few good clubs there. Shopping at the Eaton Centre is fun. The weather is nice this week, so a trip around the islands is fun. If you are into Halloween, CastleLoma is pretty cool this time of year. It's Canadian Thanksgiving this weekend, so there should be stuff to do....otherwise, swing by my place on King West and I'll be glad to keep you busy! Wink wink!

by Anonymousreply 1October 9, 2019 10:56 PM

Any must-see museums in Toronto?

Good bookstores downtown? Which is the best one?

How easy is it to get to the campus of the University of Toronto from downtown?

by Anonymousreply 2October 14, 2019 11:38 PM

And which are the best gay clubs?

Any good gay stripper/go-go boy clubs

by Anonymousreply 3October 14, 2019 11:38 PM

Wish you were in Vancouver instead.

by Anonymousreply 4October 14, 2019 11:46 PM

Aller à Montréal...

by Anonymousreply 5October 14, 2019 11:48 PM

The best way to get around downtown is walking. You can walk to the U of T campus from the Chelsea in 40 minutes. The U of T bookstore (at College/St. George) is pretty good (the building is a nice old public library). BMV and Seekers are decent used bookstores on Bloor St. in the Annex, near U of T. The ROM (Royal Ontario Museum) has a pretty good design section, and the Gardiner Museum (across the street from the ROM) is interesting if you like ceramics (both are close to U of T). The Gardiner has a good restaurant on the top floor. For art, you could spend the better part of a day at the AGO on Dundas. Kensington Market, Chinatown, and Little Italy are all easy walks and worth exploring.

by Anonymousreply 6October 14, 2019 11:53 PM

Thanks, r6!

by Anonymousreply 7October 15, 2019 12:07 AM

I'd be remiss if I didn't mention the Hockey Hall of Fame down by Front St., though obviously it's for a niche interest.

Sadly The Coloured Stone bar closed years ago; I don't know where to recommend going for a friendly game of pool and the best bison steak east of the Rockies these days.

by Anonymousreply 8October 15, 2019 12:10 AM

I was there for a conference last month; this almost-dive bar from the 1940s has a really fun jazz band on Saturdays

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9October 15, 2019 12:11 AM

You're on King West, R1? Small word - so am I.

by Anonymousreply 10October 15, 2019 12:13 AM

There’s already been a thread on this OP. Could you not have used the search feature before you posted this? Is that not too much to ask?

by Anonymousreply 11October 15, 2019 12:22 AM

I'll just bet you're a laugh riot at parties, r11 Is it too much to ask that you not be such killjoy?

by Anonymousreply 12October 15, 2019 12:26 AM

R6 40 minutes?? More like 15. I can walk to U of T from Union Station in about 40 minutes. I don't think I walk particularly fast either.

Otherwise I agree with everything.

by Anonymousreply 13October 15, 2019 12:33 AM

r11: Don't like it? Too bad.

by Anonymousreply 14October 15, 2019 12:35 AM

R13 Yes, 15 minutes! I was thinking of the Delta, which is near Union.

And bring your umbrella.

by Anonymousreply 15October 17, 2019 2:24 AM

Sleep

by Anonymousreply 16October 17, 2019 3:09 AM

The fall leaves are beautiful this time of year. Walking the Don River Trail is lovely if you like walking/hiking.

It's pricey but I really do like the Aquarium. Love walking along Harbourfront.

by Anonymousreply 17October 17, 2019 3:14 AM

I’ve heard there are good bath houses.

by Anonymousreply 18November 1, 2019 2:50 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!