Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

I just had the most infuriating conversation with a pseudo-Republican

He reads Breitbart and Drudge, thinks CNN is the devil and totally liberal, as are all other news sources that aren't conservative slanted. Accused me of being super biased because I "never say anything good about conservatives" and asked me to prove what Trump said was impeachable or even against the law.

He Googled the Constitution for the impeachment rules and said Trump hadn't done anything that was illegal and said it was normal for him to want to investigate "corruption". When I said the President SAID he wanted Ukraine to investigate the Bidens specifically, he said "based on hearsay from the Whsitleblower?" and then dismissed it when I said the White House had released a pseudo-transcript where he mentions investigating the Bidens six times (or more, I couldn't remember).

It's bizarre because he and I agree that the pronoun stuff is bullshit as are much of the other identity politics that pollute a lot of left wing discourse lately. But he thinks I am totally biased and he is not.

THEN he tries to shut down the conversation, saying "let's never discuss politics again" and it just reinforced his belief that people of differing views should never discuss things they don't agree on because we were just talking over each other, etc.

He's my personal trainer but after that (I had one more exercise to do) I said "I think I'm done for today" and he said "alright" and left. I actually got pissed off at the last part of that conversation where he said "you're clearly biased, and I have my views" (of course he didn't say HE was biased, because he doesn't think he is, says he isn't Republican, but then quotes mostly Republican talking points and all the news sources he reads are conservative-slanted).

What news source can you name that a conservative won't say is biased? CNN leans too far to the right, in my opinion, and MSNBC is nothing like Fox News but don't even suggest either to a conservative or they will laugh at you. There are none I can name! Do they even exist?

Could YOU say anything good about a conservative/Republican nowdays in America? Are there ANY good ones?

(Calming photo of sexy Antoine Moriult below)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42October 11, 2019 6:10 PM

Punch and delete. You are giving him money to sustain his fascist views.

by Anonymousreply 1October 7, 2019 7:16 PM

OP obviously doesn't know the meaning of "pseudo."

by Anonymousreply 2October 7, 2019 7:19 PM

Why would you give the guy your money? You can't reason with people like that. They don't believe facts at all.

personal trainers are a dime a dozen. Why would I go to one I know has such horrid conservative views?

by Anonymousreply 3October 7, 2019 7:21 PM

Seriously OP? You think you can win an argument with a republican?

Get a new trainer. Now. Why give your money to a creep? There are plenty of good trainers who aren't republicans,

by Anonymousreply 4October 7, 2019 7:21 PM

R2 I said pseudo because claims he isn't a Republican, he's just "informed".

by Anonymousreply 5October 7, 2019 7:22 PM

Politics, religion, and money

by Anonymousreply 6October 7, 2019 7:24 PM

You're stupid for giving him your money.

by Anonymousreply 7October 7, 2019 7:26 PM

Unless pseudo is his first or last name, he aint pseudo anything.

by Anonymousreply 8October 7, 2019 7:28 PM

It’s time for liberals to start defending liberalism.

by Anonymousreply 9October 7, 2019 7:29 PM

He’s a meathead. What did you expect?

by Anonymousreply 10October 7, 2019 7:31 PM

Be careful, OP. Yes, fire him, but do it carefully and maybe let him down with some benefits. Keep in mind these people tend to be reactionary and violent.

by Anonymousreply 11October 7, 2019 7:31 PM

Sounds like my parents. "Trump didn't do anything illegal....HIS transcript proves it!" They still think Hillary is going to jail and Obama is going down too, and Bidens son was corrupt and Biden had the Ukraine prosecutor fired because of it.

I can't wrap my head around the logic of thinking the VP would call for the firing on his own. Like, purely from a "you don't think anyone would notice that this happened" perspective and ask some questions? Like no one go "Um, hey, Joe, we noticed that you attempted to withhold aid in exchange for this guy being fired. Care to explain why you did that?"

It boggles my mind that people think that everyone is corrupt BUT Trump.

by Anonymousreply 12October 7, 2019 7:34 PM

interesting because LITERALLY it seems 9 out of 10 white male bodybuilders/meathead/gym rats are OVERWHELMING trump supporters? why is that? and yes, trying to reason or educate them is like talking to a inanimate object... i don't know if these same people are OVERWHELMING republican party for any candidate or is it just trump? and if it is indeed only for trump why?...

by Anonymousreply 13October 7, 2019 7:36 PM

At this point a Trump supporter is one or all of these:

Stupid AF

A jingoistic whacko

A racist

A misogynist

All of the above

by Anonymousreply 14October 7, 2019 7:36 PM

R14.. you forgot religious zealots

by Anonymousreply 15October 7, 2019 7:40 PM

These people are pure ignorance and stupidity...just let them go. Pretend that you don't feel complete disdain.

by Anonymousreply 16October 7, 2019 7:41 PM

Being impeached doesn't require the President to do anything illegal.

by Anonymousreply 17October 7, 2019 7:46 PM

You just tell him there's only so long Deplorables can just keep up make-believing until the voting, American majority shuts them down.

Propaganda won't save them. It's already going to cost Trump some embarrassing tax, e-mail, phone and financial records, which will reveal more crimes.

It's going to be ugly, embarrassing and ultimately A DEFEAT for the Republicans. Trump should quit while he's behind.

by Anonymousreply 18October 7, 2019 7:48 PM

AS I ALWAYS GO BACK TO, president clinton was impeached because he lied under oath about a consensual sex act! THAT'S IT!.. HE lied but at least he did go under oath, and look what he lied about! NOW COMPARE THAT TO TRUMP AND HIS MOUNTAIN FOR OVER 3 YEARS NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 19October 7, 2019 7:49 PM

Trump used his power to stop funding to Ukraine to get it to investigate a political rival. He had the power to do all that legally. However, should a president be allowed to use that power for his own political needs?

That 's fascist dictator shit.

by Anonymousreply 20October 7, 2019 7:52 PM

R18.. i hear you, i hear you, but by now? TRUMP COULD BE A MASS MURDERER AND THEY THE BASE WOULD SAY "well, i bet their are a bunch of mass murderers in congress too!" why should ONLY HE be found out and suffer!"

by Anonymousreply 21October 7, 2019 7:52 PM

Op, you might want to inform your friend that he's not a pseudo-Republican.

by Anonymousreply 22October 7, 2019 7:52 PM

R20, but isn't the issue that 1) it's taxpayer money and 2) it wasn't his money as well to withhold and do whatever with since it was a bi-partisan bill that passed for the aid/money...is the president allowed legally to override congress in this matter/situation?

by Anonymousreply 23October 7, 2019 7:54 PM

R23, that's a huge part of it too.

Mainly, demanding dirt from a foreign power for one's own personal political reasons is the biggest sin. The Founding Fathers constantly spoke against foreign involvement in our politics

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24October 7, 2019 8:38 PM

This impeachment baloney is just another tall tale in a long list. Let's review - Russia, Avenatti, looming recession caused by Trump, every day it's something new (I really should keep a list - because if it isn't one thing, it's another. It is totally laughable looking at Senators and Congress people saying totally deadpan they are "praying for the seriousness of the matter." The "impeachment" being done in private with no cross-questioning will go nowhere - and like everything else will fail. All of which will strengthen Trump's base and cause the Independents to vote Republican in the next election.

by Anonymousreply 25October 7, 2019 9:05 PM

R25 please remove yourself from DL and go back to Breitbart

by Anonymousreply 26October 7, 2019 9:35 PM

This trainer sounds completely unprofessional, talking politics at all with a client, let alone in this belligerent way. I take it as a sign that the deplorables are getting scared and defensive, starting to repeat the same obviously false talking points over and over like Paula Prentiss with the coffee as if that will help them. They know no other way.

by Anonymousreply 27October 7, 2019 11:57 PM

Op, are you going to talk to your trainer about religion next?

by Anonymousreply 28October 8, 2019 12:20 AM

R12 exactly - he started off on this snide Hunter Biden rant and I'm like, REALLY? You think he's more corrupt than Trump? Look at HIS children, among other things!

He also was talking about how suspicious it was that Biden got the prosecutor fired by threatening to withhold money and completely doesn't seem to know or care that was a bipartisan issue at the time because the prosecutor was known to be corrupt.

The most infuriating thing is that he thinks he isn't biased, yet _I_ am. He thinks he's informed because he can Google the Constitution and "can't find what the President did that was illegal!" ignoring the fact that he's not a lawyer.

by Anonymousreply 29October 8, 2019 11:09 AM

I'm not sure what the "pseudo" cunts are trying to say, but it's a perfectly cromulent use of the word.

by Anonymousreply 30October 8, 2019 11:11 AM

R22 I have, but he is as delusional about that as he is everything else. He thinks he's unbiased and "independent" yet he only ever seems to spout Trump talking points.

In a previous conversation - one that didn't get as far - he actually said that Trump had a point that no other president had been this scrutinized by the media and it was a sign the media was biased against him. How do you even argue with that kind of boobery?!

by Anonymousreply 31October 8, 2019 11:16 AM

The technique of paid trolls is to present right wing talking points as a fictional rhetorical argument. This clearly never happened. The OP is just promulgating Trumpism in the form of an EST.

Block it.

by Anonymousreply 32October 8, 2019 11:23 AM

R32 please go fuck your hair trigger self.

All I'm saying is what he said, and my response to it, if I had one, at the time. I wasn't sure how to respond to some of his comments.

by Anonymousreply 33October 8, 2019 11:25 AM

🙄...

by Anonymousreply 34October 8, 2019 11:26 AM

R34 thinks he's smart, but he really isn't.

by Anonymousreply 35October 8, 2019 11:29 AM

R32, I believe you are wrong. Honestly, you have fucked up thought process.

by Anonymousreply 36October 8, 2019 11:55 AM

... and I just got dumped with a "Dear John" text, sent as I was waiting for him to show up for our Thursday session. I thought about firing him all week but figured if we met again we would be alright and just never discuss politics again. Instead, literally at the exact time he should have walked in the door, I got this:

[quote]I've been struggling with this decision since Monday, but after consulting with a few clients, close friends, and a mentor of mine, I've decided it's best we discontinue our arrangement. I'm sorry this is last minute, but I tried to give it as much thought as I could to consider if my decision was unreasonable. Aside from being able to get actual results, the trainer/trainee personalities need to mesh and our just don't. I am refunding you for today's session and I truly do hope you eventually get the results you're looking for

So not only was he talking about me to his other clients, (he talked about them to me all the time, so I'm not surprised) he is a toddler who doesn't want to work with someone who doesn't share his asinine political views, based entirely around talking points from the RNC, Fox News, and Breitbart.

My response to him:

[quote]Hah, alright. I've been pissed at you all week for whatever the hell that was on Monday, but thought I would try another session with you to see if we got past it - I assumed we would and it would be fine because flare ups do happen in all relationships. Catch you in the next life, dude

Who knew conservatives were such delicate snowflakes?

by Anonymousreply 37October 10, 2019 7:09 PM

I am curious how exactly R37 would have gotten past it. Nothing about his world view was benign., and that world view continues to have disastrous effects on all kinds of people. He may be a toddler, but I think you missed an opportunity in your text back by letting him off the hook by calling what happened just a 'flare up.'

by Anonymousreply 38October 10, 2019 7:55 PM

Notify the gym and sue them both.

by Anonymousreply 39October 10, 2019 9:39 PM

What r39 said. Go after him. HE started proselytizing and on your dime. He felt like he couldn’t shut up, and then makes it seem like you’re the problem. Don’t let him off the hook. Put these dumb fucks into the ground. They’ve gotten away with their gasbag noise pollution for too long.

by Anonymousreply 40October 11, 2019 12:22 AM

"I just had the most infuriating conversation with a dumb cunt."

There you go, OP. I fixed that one for you.

by Anonymousreply 41October 11, 2019 5:57 AM

I'm still irritated about it. Of course I've thought of a dozen things to say after the fact, but I don't want to text him again.

He will probably continue to do well because this is a majority Republican state.

Meanwhile, I have already scheduled a consultation with a much hotter trainer, so he is definitely easily replaced for a better educated trainer without a broomstick up his ass.

by Anonymousreply 42October 11, 2019 6:10 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!