Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

First major Trump casting: Brendan Gleeson to play Orangina

Good casting!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22November 6, 2019 9:36 PM

I think Mickey Rourke would be a great Trump.

by Anonymousreply 1October 7, 2019 4:42 PM

Brendan Gleeson is a terrific actor. It’s got to be hard for anyone to play Trump seriously because he’s such a cartoon of a man. x

by Anonymousreply 2October 7, 2019 5:04 PM

It's a shame Divine isn't alive to play him.

by Anonymousreply 3October 7, 2019 5:06 PM

Nothing will beat Baldwin on SNL. The puckered lips seal the deal.

by Anonymousreply 4October 7, 2019 5:28 PM

Jeff Daniels as Comey?

I don't see it. Jon Hamm or Thomas Gibson, perhaps. Is Daniels especially tall?

by Anonymousreply 5October 7, 2019 5:36 PM

Gleeson is the spit of Steve Bannon, but I guess I could see him as Trump.

by Anonymousreply 6October 7, 2019 6:10 PM

Gleeson is a fine actor. I've seen him play all kinds of roles, and he has this edge of subtle menace about him when he is playing a bad guy, that could be very effective if he plays Trump. The only role I didn't care for him, was when he played Winston Churchill. He did a good job, he just wasn't Winston, anymore than John Lithgow could be Winston. Once Albert Finney played Winston Churchill, that was it. No one else compares.

by Anonymousreply 7October 7, 2019 6:41 PM

Will any of Gleeson's sons play Trump Boys?

by Anonymousreply 8October 7, 2019 8:03 PM

Trump is so fucking ridiculous itd hard for even a good actor to make not not just a caricature or spoof. But that's exactly what he is so just be over the top and ridiculous?

by Anonymousreply 9October 7, 2019 8:15 PM

Someone send some spray tanner to Brendan, stat!

by Anonymousreply 10October 8, 2019 2:08 AM

Not fat enough.

by Anonymousreply 11October 8, 2019 2:10 AM

He can start eating Burger King every day (much like the man he is playing) to gain weight

by Anonymousreply 12October 8, 2019 2:17 AM

I misunderstood and imagined Brendan Fraser

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13October 8, 2019 2:25 AM

More castings

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14November 6, 2019 5:46 PM

Should be Anthony Atamanuik

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15November 6, 2019 6:57 PM

Gleeson would be perfect as Bannon. I think Brendan Frazier could play Trump...he can act. After they get the wig right and a fat suit, about anyone could play him. Who would play Melanie?

by Anonymousreply 16November 6, 2019 7:16 PM

R1 I think Mickey Rooney would make a great Trump, even if he is dead. Basically the same difference.

by Anonymousreply 17November 6, 2019 7:29 PM

Yes, Brendon Frazier could play Trump . He might not need a fat suit as he varies in weight. I still think of him as a young man, I hate aging!

by Anonymousreply 18November 6, 2019 7:34 PM

It’s hard to imagine Brendan Gleeson at 5 or 10, running around the yard, playing ball and being thin. Now, he looks like he eats children.

by Anonymousreply 19November 6, 2019 8:00 PM

Hmm. I would.

by Anonymousreply 20November 6, 2019 8:54 PM

Is James Comey's making $$ off of this?

by Anonymousreply 21November 6, 2019 9:34 PM

Rosie O'Donnell would still make the best Trump.

by Anonymousreply 22November 6, 2019 9:36 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!