Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Wife of American diplomat kills British man in UK hit and run.

'Harry Dunn, 19, died after his motorbike was hit by a car driving down the wrong side of a road in Northamptonshire near RAF Croughton, which is used as a United States Air Force communications station.

The woman, married to a US envoy, has been identified as Anne Sacoolas, 42, by Sky News. She claimed diplomatic immunity and left the country after the incident."

Well, you had a first lady who also killed someone in a hut and run, so no-one should be surprised. Disgusting though, to act that way with one of your allied countries.

I don't think it's something any allied countries would do in the US. I really don't think Americans like laws.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62October 31, 2019 12:34 PM

[quote] I don't think it's something any allied countries would do in the US.

If diplomatic immunity were involved, as it is here, they would. Countries are very touchy, and rightly so, about diplomatic immunity.

On the other hand, this is a serious crime and clearly non-political, and it happened in a country that is a very close ally. Look for a deal where the woman "voluntarily" (read: under pressure from the US government) returns to the UK to plead guilty and in return receives a relatively light sentence. That's assuming she's guilty, which it certainly sounds like she is.

by Anonymousreply 1October 7, 2019 8:08 AM

Actually, I think there have been dozens of diplomatic immunity crimes in the US, often with Saudis and Russians. Lots of parking and traffic violations, a handful of much more serious crimes. I think it likely that the US woman will be "encouraged" to return to England to face trial, but probably, as indicated, with a much more lenient sentence negotiated than a UK citizen would receive

by Anonymousreply 2October 7, 2019 8:20 AM

No one should be above the law.

by Anonymousreply 3October 7, 2019 8:42 AM

Daisy Buchancunt

by Anonymousreply 4October 7, 2019 8:45 AM

She would probably even get to serve her sentence in the US, R2. Sometimes I think Britain is such a soft touch.

We all know, any every liberal democracy, that there are biases, but the majority of countries, in the world gave corruption as part of their national DNA.

The rule of law, in the framework of a liberal democracy, is important to me, because, as a minority, it means I can go about my business and be treated relatively fairly in society. I could never go to a country on holiday, where I knew who I was, was illegal and punishable by death or life imprisonment.

by Anonymousreply 5October 7, 2019 3:15 PM

[quote]I don't think it's something any allied countries would do in the US.

You are wholly misguided and completely wrong.

You need to do some research before saying something this idiotic.

by Anonymousreply 6October 7, 2019 3:42 PM

Britain is so soft on crime, who gives a shit

by Anonymousreply 7October 7, 2019 4:17 PM

America isn't sending their best!

by Anonymousreply 8October 7, 2019 4:22 PM

She lives in Fairfax county. Typical spoiled elitist DC area housewife cunt. These harpy, Type A sociopath cunts would happily mow down an elderly couple to get their twat droppings to soccer practice a minute earlier. I think she was cited for irresponsible driving back in the US as well.

The irony is that the Brits don't really do harsh sentences. I doubt she would have spent much time locked up, if any. And I don't think her name would have been widely released. What a fucking idiot. I hope this ruins her life.

by Anonymousreply 9October 7, 2019 6:48 PM

R6, what you said was redundant, superfluous, extra...you get the idea lol.

by Anonymousreply 10October 7, 2019 11:35 PM

What a disgusting coward. Suburban Americans will never blame the person behind the wheel when it comes to hit and runs. Extradite her already.

by Anonymousreply 11October 9, 2019 5:07 PM

I wonder where she goes to church, what her pussy looks like, etc.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12October 9, 2019 5:14 PM

Oh please, this is nothing. USAF killed a bunch of Italians on a ski lift, tried to get away with it, couldn’t, held a fake trial, sentenced one Air Force guy and overturned his sentence a few months later.

Which, btw, is what’s going to happen with Amber Guyger. Her sentence will be overturned.

by Anonymousreply 13October 9, 2019 6:16 PM

I can understand panicking and running if you are in a country with very harsh criminal punishments, or where there is bias against the US. And I can see panicking and trying to run initially if you have very young children and are fearful of a jail sentence that will separate you. But I can’t understand who provided the private jet allowing her to flee or her continued absence from the UK after having time to think it over and realize what she has done to another family. Why isn’t she ashamed of herself?

by Anonymousreply 14October 9, 2019 6:28 PM

If she came back she'd get a fine, It'd be pretty difficult to prove anything beyond Careless Driving and Failing to Stop after an Accident.

You only do jail time for DUI related offences.

by Anonymousreply 15October 9, 2019 6:33 PM

That wife looks mighty butch to me.

by Anonymousreply 16October 9, 2019 6:39 PM

She's a registered republican. These people just love advocating Personal Responsibility, as long as you aren't rich and white. R13 The ski accident was beyond fucked up. So many Americans think that they should be able to do whatever the fuck they want abroad and not be held accountable.

by Anonymousreply 17October 9, 2019 7:16 PM

Her husband Isn't even an accredited diplomat, so that may explain why she ran. Though not who provided the plane.

by Anonymousreply 18October 9, 2019 8:15 PM

Rancid cunt murderess. Send her to Saudi Arabia and let them stone this murdering bitch to death.

by Anonymousreply 19October 9, 2019 9:22 PM

R18 Presume she just got on a commercial flight.

She wasn't exactly facing a murder charge, it was just a few driving offences.

by Anonymousreply 20October 9, 2019 9:24 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21October 9, 2019 10:19 PM

'She's a registered Republican"

From all I have ever learnt about Republicans, I am convinced they are just power evil and, use religion and "family values as a fig leaf for their most egregious exploitation of the majority of Americans, who love there country more than they do.

The more I learn about the intricacies of their malignancy from the eldergays and others here, the more disgusted I am. And then they have the gall to have impeached into for a blowjob, and lying of course.

While it's not perfect analogy, the Roman Republic's centuries old allies fought a war to try and be treated the same as their Roman allies, who they had showed fidelity to for centuries.

Allies cannot be taken for granted.

by Anonymousreply 22October 10, 2019 12:06 AM

Is this story being suppressed by media in the US? Trump excuses a republican's wife killing a teenager because "it's difficult driving on the other side of the road" and it's not on the New York Times or Washington Post?

Brits should send all their diplomats and wives to Washington with big cars.

by Anonymousreply 23October 10, 2019 5:32 AM

I hope karma gets this evil, murdering bitch.

by Anonymousreply 24October 10, 2019 6:23 AM

Can you imagine if the situation were reversed or the diplomatic cunt were a Democrat?

by Anonymousreply 25October 10, 2019 6:25 AM

Or if she had been a woman of color, R25. Trump would have had her executed in the States.

by Anonymousreply 26October 10, 2019 6:27 AM

This is absolutely disgusting and definitely not what diplomatic immunity is for. I don't know if it's officially an abuse of power but it should be. What an absolutely shameful and morally wrong way to behave.

Added to this is Trump's statement which I heard on BBC radio driving in to work today, literally blathering on about how it's confusing to have to drive on the opposite side of the road, and 'this happens' and 'I won't say it ever happened to me, but it did.' What fucking idiocy and evil is going on here? This poor boy's parents deserve some kind of justice - they have lost their son and now they are basically being told she is getting away with it. Disgusting. Outrageous. Evil. Trump's America.

by Anonymousreply 27October 10, 2019 10:50 AM

[quote]about how it's confusing to have to drive on the opposite side of the road

Absolutely fucking outrageous. Imagine the British PM using that excuse if a British diplomat's wife mowed someone down in the US. Not even Boris, bitch.

by Anonymousreply 28October 10, 2019 11:44 AM

[bold]Diplomatic immunity no longer applies to Anne Sacoolas, says Foreign Office[/bold]

[quote]“The US have now informed us that they too consider that immunity is no longer pertinent,” the foreign secretary’s letter says. “We have pressed strongly for a waiver of immunity, so that justice can be done … Whilst the US government has steadfastly declined to give that waiver, that is not the end of the matter.” It added: “We have looked at this very carefully … the UK government’s position is that immunity, and therefore any question of waiver, is no longer relevant in Mrs Sacoolas’ case, because she has returned home.”

[quote]The family’s lawyer, Mark Stephens, said on Sky News on Sunday morning: “She wasn’t entitled to diplomatic immunity in the first place.” Calling Sacoolas “a fugitive from British justice”, he suggested that the family could take legal action against her in a US court. “Even if she were entitled to diplomatic immunity it only applies in the host country, so the UK. It does not apply in your home country … “That means the Dunn family can sue her in the United States for the explanation that they need to psychologically get closure on the first part of their grieving process and move on with the grieving process.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29October 13, 2019 11:25 AM

That's good news for the family, but sounds like an expensive process to sue through US law courts.

by Anonymousreply 30October 13, 2019 12:51 PM

Bitch deserves at least 40 years in prison.

by Anonymousreply 31October 13, 2019 2:37 PM

[Lawyer Mark] Stephens said: “Anne Sacoolas was allowed to, or encouraged to be spirited away on an American transport plane and effectively rendered a fugitive from British justice.”

Jonathan Sacoolas, Anne’s husband, who was employed at RAF Croughton in Northamptonshire, is understood to work for the CIA, and the UK still says he and his dependents enjoyed immunity as staff at the base.

It is not clear how much choice Anne was given in the decision to fly herself and her family back to the US in a military plane, or how much either the Foreign Office or the Northamptonshire police resisted such a move in the hours immediately following the incident.

Stephens said: “They clearly decided they did not want any publicity, but had not expected the parents of Dunn to start campaigning as much they have. Their handling of this has turned a tragedy into a disaster for them.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32October 13, 2019 2:46 PM

The plot thickens: see link. There seems to be some real fake news out there, thanks Sky.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33October 13, 2019 3:49 PM

[quote] Wibblewobbley 2 hours ago "Why would someone who had diplomatic immunity flee the country in the first place? Unless of course they didn’t."

That's from The Independent to which I will attempt to link via tiny url.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34October 13, 2019 4:01 PM

The bitch needs to be giving statements to the UK police, not trying to stage-manage weeping meetings with the family.

by Anonymousreply 35October 13, 2019 6:13 PM

The murdering bitch is probably planning to go on Fox News to drum up support.

by Anonymousreply 36October 13, 2019 6:49 PM

"Lawyers for Ms Sacoolas said she is “devastated”"

She's devastated?!

Also, I find it ironic that Priti Patel is talking about the law, when the man who she's serving under As Prime Minister has broken the law as Prime Minister, and probably won't leave office even if he loses a vote of confidence.

What a fucking shitshow. I think I need to see my Ali , from my local off-licence.

by Anonymousreply 37October 13, 2019 10:14 PM

[quote] “They clearly decided they did not want any publicity, but had not expected the parents of Dunn to start campaigning as much they have."

The so-called powers are in deep shit. They will have to offer the parents large amounts of blood money or the parents will sue Scoolas and the government. I would suggest a visit to Fairfax County Courthouse, if they don't pick up a large check in DC; and I mean very large.

by Anonymousreply 38October 13, 2019 11:33 PM

The Dunn family are sensibly and reasonably refusing to meet her, unless she commits to going back to the UK.

by Anonymousreply 39October 14, 2019 5:06 PM

Why can't Norhamptonshire police interview Scoolas in VA?

by Anonymousreply 40October 14, 2019 5:10 PM

We all know that as soon as the police ask Scoolas the first question she's going to burst into tears and pretend how contrite she is. I can see a cold fake bitch like Reese Witherspoon or Charlize Theron playing her in the movie.

by Anonymousreply 41October 14, 2019 6:19 PM

Unless someone is leaning on her not to come back, this woman is ridiculous and a coward.

She wouldn’t get UK prison time and even if she did, it would be in one of our low-security facilities for women that’s a fucking walk in the park. But with no previous convictions or intoxication she would be unlikely to do any jail time at all and the poor bereaved family have even said they are not asking for that, simply for her to face the consequences of her actions.

The dumb bitch has now admitted she was indeed on the wrong side of the road. This is with one or more of her own kids in the car. If you can’t remember to drive on the other side, being the #1 thing you need to remember when driving in the UK when you’re from the US, you shouldn’t be driving a car at all, you fucking moron. Get a fucking Uber if you’re too stupid to know which lane to be in.

The parents’ publicity campaign — which they shouldn’t have to do — will ensure this woman’s name is better known in the US. It’s no real consolation to the dead’s child family I am sure, but I hope she’s suffering socially as a result of this.

by Anonymousreply 42October 15, 2019 1:05 AM

Snot nose classist bitch probably thought that the family wasn't well off so nobody would listen. Nice try cunt.

by Anonymousreply 43October 15, 2019 1:13 AM

I think that’s right, R43. And it was probably thought by her and her advisers that the family here weren’t that capable of kicking up a fuss.

I also wonder if she thought diplomatic immunity would mean her name didn’t get out. Is she really happier with her name all over the press for being a cowardly piece of shit who can neither drive nor accept responsibility for her actions, than she would be fessing up and getting a fine and a licence suspension (that would only be effective in the UK anyway I imagine)?

Misjudged this one, bitch.

by Anonymousreply 44October 15, 2019 1:21 AM

I hoped she had become a social pariah as a result of the bad publicity but it's more likely the others in her circle are entitled sociopaths just as she is. They are probably throwing her a pity party while she pretends to cry and gets defensive about how everyone should drive on the same side of the road as Americans.

by Anonymousreply 45October 15, 2019 8:01 AM

Harry Dunn: Family invited to meeting at the White House

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46October 15, 2019 5:28 PM

Talk about rubbing salt in the wound R46

by Anonymousreply 47October 15, 2019 7:13 PM

This idiotic and awful (especially for the family) situation has now taken up presidential time. I am no fan of Trump but this is absurd.

Send this dumb bitch back to the UK to face court here. British sentencing for this type of crime is quite lenient. She admits she was on the wrong side of the road, just confess, be told off in court and fined, and be done with it.

There should be no diplomatic immunity where a person is physically injured or killed. Suck it up, Anne, you dimwit.

by Anonymousreply 48October 16, 2019 5:19 AM

"Trump 'ambushes' parents of British teenager by revealing woman involved in crash that killed their son is waiting in next room at White House"

"But US national security adviser Robert O’Brien, who was present for the talks with Mr Trump, told the couple “quite emphatically” that Ms Sacoolas “is never coming back” to Britain, said Mr Seigar."

"He also said photographers were standing by for a ’photo op’."

by Anonymousreply 49October 16, 2019 1:54 PM

Mr Dunn said the trip to the White House "didn't feel like a stunt".

"I think the president was very graceful and spoke very well to us," he said.

"I genuinely do think he will look to resolve this in a way that will help us."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50October 16, 2019 2:03 PM

Mrs Dunn is an idiot if she thinks Trump cares about her, he only cares about himself. He was looking for a photo op only.

by Anonymousreply 51October 16, 2019 2:09 PM

Sacoolas is making that guy who killed the hotel worker in Antigua look like a hero.

I can’t help but suspect there is some secret security reason associated with her husband’s job that is causing the powers that be to prevent her from returning to the U.K. It doesn’t make sense that she prefers to be internet famous as a killer and a coward over facing the music. Or maybe she WAS drunk and she’s such a hard core alcoholic she’s afraid she will go into DTs if she can’t drink.

by Anonymousreply 52October 16, 2019 2:18 PM

[quote] secret security reason

R52 is right about that.

by Anonymousreply 53October 16, 2019 2:24 PM

Who advised them to visit someone incapable of empathy who hates his own children, apart from the one with the "great rack"? He just treated them as losers on a game show - what a pig.

by Anonymousreply 54October 16, 2019 2:28 PM

Except they stood their ground and didn't play his game, as well as keeping their dignity, so they clearly won, in that he didn't, with his zero-sum world view..

by Anonymousreply 55October 16, 2019 4:36 PM

This is a sad case all around. The driver should cooperate with an investigation to determine whether she was under the influence of alcohol/drugs or operating a cellphone while driving. It's very possible that she did neither, and her brain simply went into auto-pilot, which caused her to make a horrible mistake. Then, she could have been overcome with guilt and felt that she'd have more privacy and comfort in her home country surrounded by friends and family. Now her name is a household name in both countries.

I rented a car this weekend (in the US), and if the tire got too close to--or crossed--the white painted line on the outer right edge of the road, then an alarm would go off and an animation would play on the dashboard. The animation showed the car's tires touching the white line, and a red arrow pointed towards the center, encouraging me to correct myself. Perhaps all international drivers should only be allowed to drive cars that have this type of tracking technology. Britain could create a law and name it after Harry.

by Anonymousreply 56October 16, 2019 4:56 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57October 16, 2019 7:45 PM

R7, being "tough on crime" hasn't made the US into a safe place. Plenty of European countries are "softer" than the UK and yet are very safe

by Anonymousreply 58October 16, 2019 7:49 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59October 16, 2019 9:00 PM

Thanks, r33, that was an interesting read. To think,l this may never have happened, with this diplomatic immunity imbroglio had the then UK and US government not lied to us about the Iraq War.

Fuck them all. It seems the entire establishment in both countries are deeply corrupt (by Western standards) and the lives of its citizens are unimportant.

by Anonymousreply 60October 17, 2019 12:08 AM

Anne Sacoolas is interviewed by Northamptonshire police. This is what should have happened in the first place, as soon as she left the UK, rather than the flying circus orchestrated by the family's lawyers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61October 31, 2019 12:34 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!