Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Remember this video of Justin Trudeau?

He came across as surprisingly well versed in quantum computing and able to explain it easily and readily when a reporter asked about it...

...well, I learned from a podcast from The Guardian that this short clip of Trudeau explaining a complex scientific/technical matter in front of complex mathematical equations on a blackboard went viral intentionally. And a longer clip, which I’ll post below, shows that Trudeau baited the press to ask him about quantum computing—because he had prepared an explanation that his press people expected would go viral and convince people he’s a genius.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31October 1, 2019 8:29 PM

Go to 13:45.

“When we get to the media questions, I really hope that people will ask me how quantum computing works because I was excited to deepen my knowledge about it this morning.”

Trudeau is getting more and more questionable.

And why am I *ever* surprised anymore that all politicians are entirely inauthentic?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1October 1, 2019 9:49 AM

His hair looks kooky

by Anonymousreply 2October 1, 2019 10:02 AM

Give it a rest, troll.

by Anonymousreply 3October 1, 2019 10:06 AM

Why isn't this faker wearing a costume in this Planned Photo Opportunity?

Why isn't he wearing his glasses? He should know that wearing glasses would make look like some quantum computer expert.

by Anonymousreply 4October 1, 2019 10:07 AM

R3 I am not a troll. I listen to the Guardian Today in Focus and the NYT Daily podcasts every day. Yesterday’s Guardian podcast was about Trudeau and it was illuminating. From the reported information, it seems as if his political career has been a lot of smoke and mirrors, and I’m a little bothered by it, even though I am not Canadian. I had an opportunity years ago to be at the White House during Trudeau’s visit and although I am pretty cynical, I felt proud and happy seeing Obama and Trudeau together. It felt like a more progressive era. This podcast makes it sound like Trudeau isn’t very principled in reality, and like he almost by default inherited his political position because his father was a popular PM, after Justin had a long stint of bouncing from one go-nowhere job to another, seeking fame all the while. Depressing that this is how things work in Canada as well as in the US now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5October 1, 2019 10:20 AM

Trudeau, smoke and mirrors!!!???? I'm shocked! Absolutely shellacked!! I still like him and partly because he's a lollipop.

by Anonymousreply 6October 1, 2019 10:35 AM

I hope we see him back as Canada's premier. Don't let us down Canada!

by Anonymousreply 7October 1, 2019 10:38 AM

Thanks you OP for showing that non patriot person Trudeau is the bad person in Canada who is stopping our wonderful President Donald Trump's conservative friends from being the good government there. You are to be congratulated for being good homosexualist patriot of Canada to show that the bad liberal Trudeau is another liberal phoney person and the conservatives must beat him to help our good patriot president Donald Trump. Thanks you!!

by Anonymousreply 8October 1, 2019 11:22 AM

Are we really not allowed to discuss legitimate concerns about anyone who belongs to the preferred party? Really? The Guardian is a super-progressive news organization, and it brought up a lot of critical points about Trudeau that have been generally overlooked throughout his tenure. We’re supposed to continue to overlook them because otherwise we’ll be called ‘Boris’? Come on, guys. We’re not going to dig our ways out of this mindless, sheepy, corrupt era unless we can be realistic and honest about all people, not only the most obviously destructive like Trump and his cronies.

by Anonymousreply 9October 1, 2019 11:29 AM

Rebel Media is getting desperate.

by Anonymousreply 10October 1, 2019 11:32 AM

England is a shit hole and should not be pontificating on my leader when they have a douchebag running their country.

by Anonymousreply 11October 1, 2019 11:33 AM

R9 the point is all politicians are Smoke and Mirrors so we have to look beyond that aspect for every single one of them, left and right. So what i your point?

by Anonymousreply 12October 1, 2019 11:34 AM

R12 My point is, the world sucks and the wrong people always end up in charge of everything because of inheritance but claim it’s because of merit and intellectual superiority and most people bought it. I was fairly impressed when I saw the clip of Trudeau talking about quantum computing a couple of years ago. Now, seeing that he effectively planned and planted the question so that he could self-promote with a clip of the answer out of context, I am disappointed I fell for it. That is my only point. It’s the same bullshit Ivanka Trump pulls when she stages photos like this one that no one is dumb enough to fall for. I was dumb enough to fall for Trudeau’s version of the same lie because I am aligned with his political platform, and that I was so easily manipulated makes me uneasy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13October 1, 2019 11:39 AM

Well then we agree. You simply have to be more cynical and grow up and learn to look closely. Elizabeth Warren is Mrs. Smoke and Mirrors but i will vote for her.

by Anonymousreply 14October 1, 2019 11:42 AM

[quote]...well, I learned from a podcast from The Guardian that this short clip of Trudeau

Did you? Did you "learn" from a podcast about this or were you given the information to come to DL to breathlessly assert it because you feel that you have Trudeau on the run and want to keep the pressure up?

by Anonymousreply 15October 1, 2019 11:42 AM

R15 I learned it from listening to the podcast episode yesterday, you weirdo. Listen, I am all for a good and compelling conspiracy theory, but not everything is a conspiracy. If you have an issue with the information reported and discussed by the Guardian, then take it up with the Guardian.

by Anonymousreply 16October 1, 2019 11:45 AM

At least he’s hot.

by Anonymousreply 17October 1, 2019 12:05 PM

[quote][R15] I learned it from listening to the podcast episode yesterday, you weirdo. Listen, I am all for a good and compelling conspiracy theory, but not everything is a conspiracy. If you have an issue with the information reported and discussed by the Guardian, then take it up with the Guardian.

"Learned"

by Anonymousreply 18October 1, 2019 12:12 PM

You could say that this reveals flaws in Trudeau's character. And criticizing people from all sides is okay. Fine.

What I know is that he did more to explain quantum computing to the masses than anything or anyone before. I saw a leader spend air time to talk about science, and not any scientific topic, one that could change the world forever. May he inspire young people to pursue careers in that field.

So maybe how he did it is questionable. But what he did is great. Politicians are fake, but what matters is the messages they promote. That was a good message.

Would you rather have him promote a wall?

by Anonymousreply 19October 1, 2019 12:57 PM

R19 Fair point and solid argument. The lesser of evils is the obvious preference. I just hate it when I fall for deceptions and think a jerk could possibly be a decent human being.

by Anonymousreply 20October 1, 2019 1:05 PM

This is so obviously a concern troll thread. No one cares, OP. Go do something constructive, like stopping Andrew Scheer.

by Anonymousreply 21October 1, 2019 1:40 PM

Why is he a jerk? In other words, you didn't understand our point about smoke and mirrors being standard in the trade.

by Anonymousreply 22October 1, 2019 1:41 PM

As someone with a degree in physics, there is no way to understand quantum mechanics at anything but a base level, unless you are willing to do with math, which he never did.

by Anonymousreply 23October 1, 2019 2:14 PM

Trudeau is not a jerk, he's a tool. Nepotism defined. At least his policies align with my own.

by Anonymousreply 24October 1, 2019 2:23 PM

He's fairly ineffectual. But as a Canadian I like it. He's not upsetting the apple cart. The economy is not in free fall. He's not social engineering the population etc.

I'm gonna vote for him. We don't need change and we certainly don't need another Trump=lite cunt running the country for the 1% and the bigots.

by Anonymousreply 25October 1, 2019 2:27 PM

OP -- give it up -- all you're trying to do is win votes for the horribly right wing, Christian-crazy, homophobic conservatives.

At least be honest with us. Because we can, actually, see through you.

by Anonymousreply 26October 1, 2019 2:29 PM

R26 Sometimes this website and Twitter are exhausting. You can’t “see through” anything. I am a member of neither political party, but I am pretty damed far left, and I have published articles condemning of the alt-right and Trump, and Milo, as far back as 2014, when many on this site and on Twitter were inexplicably enamored of Milo and terrifyingly dismissive of the real dangers of Donald Trump and his influence. So fuck you very much. I ask questions, always and persistently, that I think are valid questions. I don’t blend in with the sheep and I don’t cower when they bleat and snort at me for going in my own direction.

by Anonymousreply 27October 1, 2019 2:54 PM

R27: Shut up, you insufferable phony. You "ask questions" in a troll fashion, and how convenient of you to "ask" in the middle of an election campaign. Milo Hanrahan has nothing to with this conversation so stop deflecting. If you want to vote NDP or Conservative or for Maxine's shitshow go ahead. But don't you come up in here with your "asking questions" and "concerned" bullshit about something people knew about 3 years ago when it actually happened. No one here is gonna fall for or put up with such obvious shit.

If this place and Twitter are so exhausting, then quit. Problem solved.

by Anonymousreply 28October 1, 2019 3:06 PM

You’re completely unhinged R28.

by Anonymousreply 29October 1, 2019 3:08 PM

R29: WAH, I can't come on to DL and Twitter and troll and not be called out. I have the right to troll and be praised for it. This place is exhausting. But I won't leave. And anyone who tells the truth is just unhinged.

Grow the fuck up.

by Anonymousreply 30October 1, 2019 3:13 PM

I was shocked by The Guardian's exposé because The Guardian considers itself as The White Knight of International Wokeness.

Dopey Trudeau must be a real sham if The Guardian bitches about him.

by Anonymousreply 31October 1, 2019 8:29 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!