Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Madonna's Madame X Tour: Unfortunately, her worst offering

I went to the Madame X concert yesterday in NYC. While I've never been a huge Madonna fan, I have dutifully accompanied my husband to many of her concerts.

Sadly to say, this is likely her worst--not only because she's aging (and it shows), but the culture has passed her by. She's no longer edgy and interesting like she was when she was able to play with sex, sexuality, and race. She just recycles the same talking points from 20 years ago.

She started at 11 pm , when the tickets say the audience must get there by 8:30, put their phones in a locked baggie, and the show would start at 9:30. Starting at 11 is just disrespectful to the audience, particularly on a weeknight. There was no opening act. So we're just sitting there for 2.5 hours. I got home at 2:30 AM and had to get up for work today at 6 AM. Maybe she wants to continue to line her pockets by encouraging more alcohol use. (Her first show of the run also started at 11, but she apologized, as if that were a one time thing. Apparently, it's the regular start time)

The first song was hilariously bad. Her outfit and makeup made her look like an elderly hag in a overly-large coat and hat trying to dance (I immediately thought of Robyn Byrd). She seemed sort of porky too.

She kept throwing out words like fuck and pussy, as if those shock anyone anymore. The show got interesting with Portuguese-tinted material and singers from Costa Verde, but Madonna singing among them in black tights, leotard, and a jet-black wig made no sense whatsoever.

She trotted out her African kids--rather young to be dancing with their mom at 12:30 am....

The show is loaded with spectacular videos, but they just emphasize how empty much of her music is without the surrounding circus. The "Frozen" number with the video of her daughter Lourdes dancing around her, really was stunning, however.

The show ended with a over-the-top celebration of LGBT, and by this point, it just felt like another prop she relied on to gain easy applause.

The whole Madame X persona makes no sense--she just jumps around wearing an eye patch. She quotes James Baldwin throughout and mentions how he's the greatest writer for her...yet this is the first time she's ever mentioned him, despite decades of tours and interviews. She's also terrible communicating with the audience verbally. She has periods of stupid repartee--she's just bad at it.

Interestingly, my hubby, the huge Madonna fan, was just as offput as I was!

Oddly, I kind of want to view it again--maybe when it shows up on video (I'm not paying another $400 to see her in this run, although there were plenty of seats available when I last checked). My opinion definitely was tainted by the late start time . I'm too old to have to deal with that and so was most of the audience.

by Anonymousreply 367November 1, 2019 2:43 AM

Give it a rest, OP. Spend you time in other, more constructive ways than trying to trash people.

Madonna's show has gotten great reviews from just about every source. I saw it in Brooklyn and thought it was fantastic. Of course she's ageing; we all are. You can't expect her to move at sixty one years old the same way she did at thirty or even fifty. Do you move and look the same as you did twenty years ago?

The gratuitous Madonna hate on this board is not only baffling but absurd.

by Anonymousreply 1September 27, 2019 3:01 PM

The problem is not that she's 61; it's that she's pretending desperately to be 20.

by Anonymousreply 2September 27, 2019 3:11 PM

R1, I don't hate Madonna. I'm just saddened about what she's become and who she's trying to be.

by Anonymousreply 3September 27, 2019 3:12 PM

R1 You stans that would praise her if she took a shit on stage are the ones that need to give it a rest. You knew you weren’t going to like this thread by the title of it, so why waste your time commenting? Your defending it isn’t going to change OP or anyone else’s opinion.

OP, this whole era is an absolute disaster and incredibly disappointing. I actually really liked the Rebel Heart album (not the singles, but the deluxe album tracks), so for her to follow it up with this Madame X shit 4 years later is disappointing to say the least. This tour sounded awful from the beginning and I’m definitely glad I didn’t get tickets after the setlist was revealed.

And I’m quite certain she does the showing up on stage thing 2 1/2 hours late thing for her ego “because she can.” Apparently she’s not getting the hint that it’s not cute and that doing that shit certainly isn’t going to help sell all of those unsold tickets.

by Anonymousreply 4September 27, 2019 3:13 PM

Not OP, but I have two or three friends who are huge Madonna fans who basically said the exact same thing.

by Anonymousreply 5September 27, 2019 3:17 PM

What kind of a person spends $400 for Madonna in 2019?

by Anonymousreply 6September 27, 2019 3:20 PM

I wonder if her dancing is lousy now because she’s lazy and doesn’t want to learn real choreography or if it’s because her body can’t handle it anymore. If it’s the latter, that’s sad how she went downhill so quickly since her last tour.

by Anonymousreply 7September 27, 2019 3:21 PM

[quote]What kind of a person spends $400 for Madonna in 2019?

Not many considering she can’t even sell out 2,000 seat theaters.

by Anonymousreply 8September 27, 2019 3:23 PM

I think the same show in a different theatre would have come off better.

Her stages usually have prosceniums that jut out into the audience. This opera house stage kept her somewhat separate. It seemed like a 2 dimensional show rather than a 3 dimensional one.

by Anonymousreply 9September 27, 2019 3:25 PM

[quote] I wonder if her dancing is lousy now because she’s lazy and doesn’t want to learn real choreography or if it’s because her body can’t handle it anymore.

She did complain of a hurting left knee--which might be why her leg lifts seemed laborious--but the choreography wasn't as good as previous tours either.

Plus, she needs to stop wearing sheer tights, like she's still a sex kitten. She seemed kind of chunky in them

by Anonymousreply 10September 27, 2019 3:27 PM

Sorry, but I don't care how good or bad the act is, making your audience sit around and wait for over 2 hours is disrespectful and unprofessional.

I would have walked out or demanded my money back after an hour of waiting.

by Anonymousreply 11September 27, 2019 3:29 PM

Oh, Jabba, you’re so tiresome.

by Anonymousreply 12September 27, 2019 3:29 PM

Lots of live autotune, something she must have learned from her friend Britney Spears. Seeing how awful Madonna was on the Eurovision Contest, there's no way her voice was a strong and in tune as portrayed in her concerts.

by Anonymousreply 13September 27, 2019 3:29 PM

People ("stars" or otherwise) who are habitually late need to be horse whipped.

by Anonymousreply 14September 27, 2019 3:41 PM

She has to move on from he "I'm so sexy" rut she stuck in. Lots of singers have fallen into that trap, never to escape--Mariah Carey, Christina Aguilera, Janet Jackson, Britney.

Madonna hasn't been able to find an interesting new persona that sticks, like she has so easily in the past..maybe because no one cares so much about her as a cultural icon any more.,

by Anonymousreply 15September 27, 2019 3:44 PM

That Frozen number with her daughter dancing shows her daughter is a much better dancer than Madonna ever was

by Anonymousreply 16September 27, 2019 3:45 PM

Madonna was never cool or edgy. She was always cherry-picking from edgier cultures. Edgy cool people do not do synchronized dances to a drum machine. She was always Tiffany with rubber bracelets and a headband.

by Anonymousreply 17September 27, 2019 3:45 PM

I certainly don't hate Madonna but sort of see her has the Kim Kardashian of pop.

She not a great singer, dancer, actor, but she a mega-star.

by Anonymousreply 18September 27, 2019 3:46 PM

Madonna in the 80s through the mid 00s had a good voice and was a decent dancer (not great in either category) BUT was very creative. To paraphrase Cher: "She's not incredibly talented but she is so creative". Kim Kardashian isn't any of those things.

by Anonymousreply 19September 27, 2019 3:50 PM

I wish Madonna had diver deeper into the kind of electronica she was doing on Ray of Light and continued to make serious music. I remember being so let down with Music when it came out. Half of it is great and the other half is just bland techno shit. The title track sounds so bad now, it's laughable. Who knows what her career would have been like today if she maintained her maturity.

by Anonymousreply 20September 27, 2019 3:53 PM

[quote]I wish Madonna had diver deeper into the kind of electronica she was doing on Ray of Light and continued to make serious music.

No! That electronica shit was awful and sounds so dated and computerized.

by Anonymousreply 21September 27, 2019 3:58 PM

She doesn't some terrible electronica on this tour. The fact that her microphone can change her voice up like that tells me there's autotune in there too.

by Anonymousreply 22September 27, 2019 4:01 PM

[quote] She was always cherry-picking from edgier cultures.

true, but she did bring alot of edgy culture stuff to the mainstream.

At this point, however, she's just playing catch up.

by Anonymousreply 23September 27, 2019 4:03 PM

The show was still fun! It's pure Madonna, love her or hate it.

The ticket prices are wacko though

by Anonymousreply 24September 27, 2019 4:47 PM

[quote]She did complain of a hurting left knee

Bitch is charging $400 for tickets - she better suck it up and quit complaining.

Speaking of $400 tickets, there would have to be a meet and greet for me to ever pay that.

by Anonymousreply 25September 27, 2019 9:26 PM

Starting 2.5 hours late is insane. No excuse. I do t spend that kind of money - but would be pissed as I have a real job that requires me to wake up at 630am. Inexcusable - and kind of an intentional FU to the audience.

by Anonymousreply 26September 27, 2019 11:13 PM

She has rabid fans (including many many gays) and they will pay almost any price to see her

by Anonymousreply 27September 27, 2019 11:51 PM

Sadly, Lourdes, like her mother, doesn’t shave her pits

by Anonymousreply 28September 27, 2019 11:51 PM

The problem with her concerts is she’s never the star—the videos and dancers are

by Anonymousreply 29September 27, 2019 11:54 PM

Her seats were discounted. I had bought more expensive tickets further back long ago and they would not allow us to change our tickets as the better seats were discounted

by Anonymousreply 30September 27, 2019 11:57 PM

OP didn't even go to the concert. He's just another Little Monster who claims he went and posts bad reviews. His descriptions of what went down isn't anything we haven't already read in other reviews.

by Anonymousreply 31September 28, 2019 12:16 AM

Is that selling of the Polaroid for real?

She takes a selfie and says it’s the only picture of the show. And she sells it to the highest bidder.

Then she keeps the money!

She should just say it will go to some charity at least. When I went, someone bought it for $2500 apparently

by Anonymousreply 32September 28, 2019 12:24 AM

[quote]The problem with her concerts is she’s never the star—the videos and dancers are

And that’s what makes this tour even more ridiculous. If you’re going to play small venues and claim you want it to be an intimate experience, then skip all the theatrics and keep it simple and minimal.

by Anonymousreply 33September 28, 2019 12:24 AM

R32 Is the selfie with a fan or just her? If it’s just of her, she’s delusional and so is anyone that would pay for it.

by Anonymousreply 34September 28, 2019 12:29 AM

I think it’s just her. She doesn’t pull any fan close when she takes it.

She obviously not delusional because peopl are payng thousands of dollars for the pictures

by Anonymousreply 35September 28, 2019 12:31 AM

I would only pay to see her for the “show” in a major venue. It’s tehbtheatrics that are worth paying for - not her singing skill.

by Anonymousreply 36September 28, 2019 12:35 AM

I have friends who attended. All they could take about was Lourdes. Apparently, she steals the show even though she only appears in a video. They were furious about waiting around too and said the audience vibe was murderous. You could always rely on Madonna to put on a decent show but age seems to have caught up with her. It’s a shame.

by Anonymousreply 37September 28, 2019 1:48 AM

Everyone I know who went were PISSED about sitting around for hours. NYers don’t like to wait - especially on a weeknight after trekking out to Brooklyn and being forced to give up their phones.

by Anonymousreply 38September 28, 2019 1:51 AM

Plus how many times can’t anyone hear Madonna say “pussy” and “fuck you”?

by Anonymousreply 39September 29, 2019 5:53 PM

Why doesn't she just change the official start time of her show to 11 pm and end the charade of a 9:30 pm start time?

by Anonymousreply 40September 29, 2019 5:58 PM

Madonna is a cunt for making her fans wait that long.

But her fans are also chumps for doing it.

by Anonymousreply 41September 29, 2019 6:05 PM

To me, this was Madonna at her finest singing without auto tune or a backing track. Somewhere along the way in the 90’s, she lost that low register that she relied on so heavily when performing live. Now when you hear her sing live, it’s that nasal mid-range with that flat affect on all the vowels. It’s obnoxious to listen to. Now when she tours, she records the vocals ahead of time. They purposely leave them imperfect and somewhat unpolished to create the illusion that she’s singing live when in reality, the vocal mix is probably 70% backing track, 30% her live mic

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42September 29, 2019 6:17 PM

Yeah - the waiting thing is a reason to boycott. 3 hours of my time is worth too much to stand around - especially in NYC.

by Anonymousreply 43September 29, 2019 8:09 PM

And waiting around without a phone to distract us!!

by Anonymousreply 44September 30, 2019 12:26 PM

R44 Oh I didn’t even think about that! It’s bad enough the cunt is 3 hours late coming on stage, but then to not even be able to use your phone to keep you occupied in the meantime? Fuck that! And then by the time the show is over at 1am, then you have to wait to get your phone back. How ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 45September 30, 2019 12:44 PM

But Jabs, you've already told this story five times. How many times have you seen this show?

by Anonymousreply 46September 30, 2019 12:58 PM

Taking everyone's phones keeps people from posting that the bitch is taking a nap and shouldn't be disturbed for 2.5 hours.

by Anonymousreply 47September 30, 2019 1:11 PM

Like I said, I'm seeing the Philly show and if we wait over an hour I will start cat calling and booing.

What are the chances others will join in?

by Anonymousreply 48September 30, 2019 2:26 PM

Good for you R48. Start a riot. Bitch needs to realize she is being paid by the audience.

by Anonymousreply 49September 30, 2019 2:39 PM

Her handful of fans that she has left need to fire her since they are paying her to work and they are her boss. Could you imagine if one of us tried walking in 3 hours late to work every day? We would have been fired long ago.

by Anonymousreply 50October 1, 2019 9:30 PM

I definitely won’t go to another one of her concerts.

The show was fine. It’s the waiting for two hours and the lack of anything new are what will stop me from paying another few hundred for tickets

by Anonymousreply 51October 1, 2019 9:48 PM

Madonna has always been called a great businesswoman. Wouldn't a great businesswoman know that showing up on-time is just basic behavior?

by Anonymousreply 52October 1, 2019 10:37 PM

[quote]Madonna has always been called a great businesswoman. Wouldn't a great businesswoman know that showing up on-time is just basic behavior?

Great business woman my ass. A great businesswoman wouldn’t have been stupid enough to get married without a prenup, hence the reported $75 million she had to pay to Guy when they divorced.

by Anonymousreply 53October 1, 2019 10:53 PM

R20 Confessions on a Dance Floor was amazing, I wish she would do something else like that instead of the lame hackneyed crap she was done since.

by Anonymousreply 54October 2, 2019 1:45 AM

R54 Confessions sounds really dated today, so she doesn’t need to do that again.

That said, I always found it interesting how she had so much success with Stuart Price, yet never worked with him again after that one album. Probably another one of her many falling outs.

by Anonymousreply 55October 2, 2019 2:08 AM

I sneaked a photo!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56October 2, 2019 2:17 AM

r56, how did you manage to get that picture from Madonna's 2050 Tour when she will be 92 years young?

The scary thing is that I could see it happening.

by Anonymousreply 57October 2, 2019 6:25 PM

LOL, R56 — I love you!

by Anonymousreply 58October 2, 2019 9:27 PM

I know she was extremely late for the opening concert, but has she been going on that late for the rest? Has anyone reading this actually gone?

by Anonymousreply 59October 3, 2019 5:11 PM

R59, yes, she seems to be very late for all the performances. When I went, she started at 11 when it was supposed to start at 9:30

by Anonymousreply 60October 3, 2019 5:50 PM

Elton said it best:

"Her tour is a disaster and it couldn't happen to a bigger cunt,” John told Australia’s Channel 7 program Sunday Night earlier this week. "If Madonna had any common sense, she would have made a record like Ray of Light, stayed away from the dance stuff and just been a great pop singer and made great pop records, which she does brilliantly. But no, she had to prove that she was like ...," he continued, not specifying. "And she looks like a fucking fairground stripper."

by Anonymousreply 61October 3, 2019 7:11 PM

R61, that's an old quote.

by Anonymousreply 62October 3, 2019 7:14 PM

She was a total bitch to Ian McKellen on Graham Norton.

by Anonymousreply 63October 3, 2019 7:18 PM

She’s one of those people who sees herself as sassy and brash, but is actually just rude.

by Anonymousreply 64October 3, 2019 7:21 PM

[quote]She was a total bitch to Ian McKellen on Graham Norton.

What do you expect from a vulgar piece of shit? And Ian managed to stay a class act the whole time.

by Anonymousreply 65October 3, 2019 7:22 PM

Could you see her big fat fake bubble butt?

by Anonymousreply 66October 3, 2019 7:24 PM

So she's supposed to go on at 9:30 but leaves her "fans" waiting until 11? Aren't most of her fans in their 40s or 50s? Not everyone has the luxury of being able to sleep in until noon.

by Anonymousreply 67October 3, 2019 7:27 PM

I've seen her twice...that was enough. I can die happy.

by Anonymousreply 68October 3, 2019 7:48 PM

She can’t even give the tickets away now.

by Anonymousreply 69October 3, 2019 7:54 PM

Nobody’s interested in a Mae West impersonation show.

by Anonymousreply 70October 3, 2019 8:46 PM

The 2 hour late thing is clearly becoming intentional. Combined with no phones - she prolly thinks she is being “artistic” by making people spend 2 hours alone. BS. My sim is worth too much. She’s a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 71October 4, 2019 1:29 AM

It’s actually not a bad show. It is not worth anywhere near $500 a ticket

by Anonymousreply 72October 4, 2019 3:04 AM

It’s amazing how much her body has fallen apart since her last tour. She can barely dance now. Even Tina Turner was still dancing in high heels at 69 during her final tour.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73October 4, 2019 3:27 AM

Went last night. Her voice was fine, but augmented in certain songs. Too much new material that isn't as provocative or intellectual as i'm sure she thinks it is. Boring set with projections. Don't really remember the costumes except the disappointing Karen Black ala Family Plot version of Vogue - all the dancers were dressed exactly the same. Stayed through the "Fada" section (I never want to hear that word again, she repeated it relentlessly) and left after Medellin. Overall, a solid C+.

BUT, why in hell does BAM list her show as "Doors open at 8:30, show at 9:30", when clearly she's not going on until 11? Well, 11:05 actually.

by Anonymousreply 74October 4, 2019 1:43 PM

So just show up for the show at 10:30pm. Problem solved.

Imagine Madonna’s rage when she looks out and most of the seats are empty until right before 11!

by Anonymousreply 75October 4, 2019 3:23 PM

Well, actually there were quite a few seats empty after 11. I was in the balcony, center and there were several rows of unoccupied seats towards the back.

by Anonymousreply 76October 4, 2019 3:24 PM

There are lots of unsold seats. We tried to get our seats changed but the venue wouldn't allow it.

It sucks that our seats were being sold for much less than we paid for them

by Anonymousreply 77October 4, 2019 3:51 PM

I went and half the venue was empty. I’m sure Live Nation will fudge the numbers. She’s such a sad cow. I’ve never seen a more boring show in my life.

by Anonymousreply 78October 4, 2019 4:01 PM

uh huh.

by Anonymousreply 79October 4, 2019 4:44 PM

Love watching Jabs be so worried about numbers it has to try to fling shit on the wall to soothe itself.

by Anonymousreply 80October 4, 2019 4:45 PM

I reckon the sensibilities of the European audiences are a bit more acute than here in The Colonies. I seem to recall Madonna Louise Veronia Ciccone Penn Ritchie pre Mashdem [S] eX [less] showing up late for a show in Paris, then performing a truncated set, and the audience seething. There's no way, at least I hope there's no way, every audience is gonna sit there like fucking lobotomized Stepford fans, patiently awaiting her arrival. What about her shitting on them by keeping those who were there for the 2030 curtain time waiting? This bothers me. I must address and remedy the issue. Time to listen to my playlist of the Dallas Blonde Ambition show. Again.

by Anonymousreply 81October 4, 2019 4:55 PM

No one is allowed to have a negative opinion of Her Madgesty! I forbid it!

by Anonymousreply 82October 4, 2019 5:20 PM

No cellphones are allowed in case glimpses of all of the empty back rows are caught on camera. She's trying to pull a fast one and failing miserably at it. Just like when she dubbed over the Eurovision performance of Like a Prayer with the audio of the Met Gala performance.

by Anonymousreply 83October 4, 2019 5:20 PM

This concert series is one huge scam. Made more obnoxious by the no cell phone and wait for 3 hours on a weeknight BS. If she was a business, she would be Chipotle - her reputation should be in tatters.

by Anonymousreply 84October 4, 2019 5:50 PM

Now it's a 3 hour wait?

by Anonymousreply 85October 4, 2019 6:15 PM

If she pulls the two hours late without phones in Paris, the remaining audience members still hanging around when she finally gets onstage will boo her ass off.

by Anonymousreply 86October 4, 2019 6:22 PM

It's time for Madonna to call it a day.

Common problem with singers and actors, they just don't know when it's time to retire. Ego & Greed are a lo$ing combination.

by Anonymousreply 87October 4, 2019 6:27 PM

I’m guessing Live Nation won’t be renewing her contract after this.

by Anonymousreply 88October 4, 2019 6:51 PM

Make that money, Miss Madonna.

March on.

by Anonymousreply 89October 4, 2019 7:06 PM

One of the ushers said she goes on anywhere between 10:30 and 11:30. 2+ hour show. Very snoozy middle section by the way.

by Anonymousreply 90October 4, 2019 7:33 PM

She’s now cancelling and rescheduling dates. A mess.

by Anonymousreply 91October 4, 2019 9:15 PM

“ The Polaroid moment was even hilarious. Poor guy offered $1500 but she was actually considering him seriously and said it depended on what he did for a living. Sad fool said he was a lawyer who specialized in representing kids. "You mean like the lawyer who represented my son... who was hired by my ex-husband?" A giant OH SHIT went through the audience. "If you had represented him, would I have gotten custody? Wait, this just got all way too personal. Now everyone knows everything about me." He was eventually outbid by someone with $2k which she happily took tonight for Raising Malawi.”

by Anonymousreply 92October 4, 2019 9:15 PM

R92 Wow, she really has lost touch with reality to STILL be bitching about her ex-husband and about Rocco not wanting to live with her when that was FOUR years ago. Get the fuck over it.

by Anonymousreply 93October 4, 2019 9:24 PM

[quote]She’s now cancelling and rescheduling dates. A mess.

I just read about that. This tour is a disaster. She seems to be intentionally doing all she can to piss off the few fans she has left. I bet some of them already scheduled the day off from work and had hotel reservations and/or plane tickets already booked.

If ticket sales are that bad, she should just cancel the remaining dates.

by Anonymousreply 94October 4, 2019 9:29 PM

how can you tell it was the worst offering............there are so many to pick from.

by Anonymousreply 95October 4, 2019 9:52 PM

She needs new management.

by Anonymousreply 96October 5, 2019 12:58 AM

[quote]She needs new management.

Not gonna happen anytime soon. Yesterday was her manager’s birthday and she was on Instagram talking about how amazing he is.😄

by Anonymousreply 97October 5, 2019 1:10 AM

Chita Rivera is still kicking up her heels at 85. Madge can lose the lard and get back to dancing numbers the audience expects.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98October 5, 2019 1:50 AM

Let's hear it for the Madame X Tour... It's been an incredible...

(trails off into nothingness)

by Anonymousreply 99October 5, 2019 1:53 AM

Can the audience just show-up at 10:30pm?

Maybe they can just send a hologram around in lieu of her? Guaranteed to start on time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100October 5, 2019 2:01 AM

R88 If that happens, she'll be manically bursting into her kids' bedrooms in the middle of the night to wake them up and get them to help her chop down a bunch of random trees.

by Anonymousreply 101October 5, 2019 4:48 AM

Most of this thread is Janbot talking to himself again. Crazy bitch has alot of time on his hands.

by Anonymousreply 102October 5, 2019 6:38 AM

maybe she on meds......sumpin aint rite....she seems OFF

by Anonymousreply 103October 5, 2019 7:38 AM

[R21] I agree with R 20 and understand what he's saying. ROL was a much more mature and reflective album than much of what she's done since as a whole. Orbit is an incredible talent imo. All music utilizes a computer now whether production or recording. Even Hans Zimmer utilizes digital workstations (though it's masterfully combined with real orchestration recordings) in his work. It's about how its used. It's just a tool. And balance is key... There's a fine line between sounding organic and sounding synthetic and void so so understand where you come from.

I think the sound could have evolved while keeping with mature themes. Madonna deviated sharply from maturity to pathetic juvenile lyrics no? I think that's what he's saying. And she was at her best when working with someone who tapped into vulnerability and not trendy bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 104October 5, 2019 8:31 AM

Well, she stopped working with Pat Leonard, right...?

by Anonymousreply 105October 5, 2019 8:39 AM

Madge secretly hates her fans because they never made her a successful actress.

by Anonymousreply 106October 5, 2019 1:30 PM

She didn't become a successful actress because she can't ACT WORTH A SHIT.

by Anonymousreply 107October 5, 2019 2:01 PM

R104 She reunited with Orbit for a few songs on “MDNA” in 2012, and the results were disastrous. It was like he hadn’t updated his sound at all. ROL was a good album for 1998, but it sounds dated and there is no need to work with Orbit again. Just like her reuniting with Mirwais for this Madame X mess - some things should just be left in the past. Once the magic is gone, it’s time to let go and move on.

by Anonymousreply 108October 5, 2019 5:09 PM

R108, I don't think Ray of Light sounds dated in a bad way. Certainly not more than albums by Fatboy Slim and The Prodigy released around the same time. However, the more techno-sounding tracks on Music sound horrible. It's hard to believe now that "Music" was her last chart topper and sold over one million copies in America at the time. Frozen sounds much better by comparison.

by Anonymousreply 109October 5, 2019 5:57 PM

R109 Give it up. ROL isn’t happening again.

by Anonymousreply 110October 5, 2019 6:23 PM

R110, I never said it was.

by Anonymousreply 111October 5, 2019 6:27 PM

R111 But you keep harping on and on about it. That was 21 years ago and has nothing to do with the current state of her career.

by Anonymousreply 112October 5, 2019 6:29 PM

I saw the show last week. The lateness was fucked up. Started around 10:45. Personally I loved that all the cellphones were locked up. Everyone actually focused on the show rather than capturing their Facebook or IG shot, and I wasn’t distracted by phone glare in the dark.

I agree re music lineup was not great. Far too much of her new album. I thought the production was amazing though. The set and film projections were great, the dancers amazing and well-choreographed (particularly the super sexy Loïc Mabanza in linked pic), highlighted solo musicians were talented and the Cape Verdean singers inspiring. Seeing her in a venue the size of a Broadway theater made it a much different experience. It was much more theater and large scale cabaret than her usual stadium style show. But she needs to show her audience some fucking respect and start on time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113October 5, 2019 8:50 PM

Orbit did some reworks of his MDNA tracks. They might still be on Soundcloud. I particularly liked the one of "Love Spent."

by Anonymousreply 114October 5, 2019 8:58 PM

Tonight’s performance postponed — Madame X injured her knee.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115October 7, 2019 10:50 PM

I'm the biggest Madonna fan there is. But the two and a half hour wait was terrible. It felt like punishment.

by Anonymousreply 116October 7, 2019 11:31 PM

Her dancers and other production support must be super pissed off when she runs 2+ hours late and they have to wait around even longer for her majesty.

by Anonymousreply 117October 7, 2019 11:52 PM

She kept flashing her pussy so much you’d think that old dried up thing was broken by now

by Anonymousreply 118October 8, 2019 12:17 AM

R115 It’s like she’s deliberately trying to lose the few fans she has left with all these cancellations and/or rescheduled shows. Some people schedule the day off from work and/or make hotel and flight arrangements to see a show and when she does shit like this at the last minute, those people lose a lot of money due to her bullshit excuses.

by Anonymousreply 119October 8, 2019 3:05 AM

She has now started to refer to herself in the thrid person on social media. "Madame X says....." "She wants you to know she is a perfectionist". That is utterly nauseating.

by Anonymousreply 120October 8, 2019 5:54 PM

That glowing review is weird. Her artistry is puerile. Gives me terrible flashbacks of freshman year critiques.

by Anonymousreply 121October 8, 2019 6:00 PM

The fact that EVERY show is starting 2 hours late mans it’s intentional. What a bitch. Screw her.

by Anonymousreply 122October 8, 2019 7:05 PM

She is insufferable, and the fact that she's deliberately going on two hours late is ridiculous. Even Courtney Love is more professional than that.

by Anonymousreply 123October 9, 2019 1:48 AM

She does it because she can get away with it.

And you dear Madonna obsessives, are the reason.

by Anonymousreply 124October 9, 2019 2:01 AM

Wait'll she hits Paris. J'ai dit, ATTENDEZ-VOUS, MES FOUS!

by Anonymousreply 125October 9, 2019 2:17 AM

I think she’s currently depressed. I hope she will commit suicide

by Anonymousreply 126October 9, 2019 2:24 AM

class action lawsuit in the works for her shows being started soooo late.

yay

by Anonymousreply 127October 9, 2019 5:12 AM

The show was actually fine. She’s just old and sounds stupid using the obscene words she does all the time.

It’s time to change her schtick and trying so hard to be young and sexy

by Anonymousreply 128October 9, 2019 1:25 PM

r128, AGEIST!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 129October 9, 2019 1:42 PM

I blame BAM. They should at least warn people on the website, but they still post doors at 8:30, show at 9:30. Madonna even says at one point, "This is the 11 o'clock show, not the 8:30 show"

by Anonymousreply 130October 9, 2019 7:28 PM

Why is the moron doing 2 full shows a night and killing her knees?

by Anonymousreply 131October 9, 2019 7:31 PM

I truly hope she will kill herself

by Anonymousreply 132October 9, 2019 11:25 PM

We hope the same for you.

by Anonymousreply 133October 10, 2019 12:32 AM

[quote] Some people schedule the day off from work and/or make hotel and flight arrangements to see a show and when she does shit like this at the last minute, those people lose a lot of money due to her bullshit excuses.

Do you really expect us to feel sorry for people who take a fucking vacation just so they could see a Madonna show?!

by Anonymousreply 134October 10, 2019 12:41 AM

Is she going to kill herself soon? I’m waiting

by Anonymousreply 135October 10, 2019 1:58 AM

Perhaps she could take a cue from you.

by Anonymousreply 136October 10, 2019 5:10 AM

MAdonna is so fucking old and she looks ridiculous dancing with young men.

by Anonymousreply 137October 10, 2019 5:11 AM

[quote] Why is the moron doing 2 full shows a night and killing her knees?

She only does one show a night

by Anonymousreply 138October 10, 2019 2:11 PM

[R138], the two show reference is about her doing a complete run through of the performance before she goes on.

by Anonymousreply 139October 10, 2019 2:23 PM

R139, that was exactly what I was referring to.

Just do one show a night at a decent damn time for your fans.

Everyone walks away a winner.

by Anonymousreply 140October 10, 2019 2:55 PM

Why would she run through a show before performing it nightly? No one does that

by Anonymousreply 141October 10, 2019 3:56 PM

That explains why the tix are 2x the price they should be. The first show is free, for no audience, so she has to make it up by charging double for the second show.

by Anonymousreply 142October 10, 2019 4:00 PM

[R140] great. I've heard of dedicated performers. But never one who does a complete dress rehearsal during the tour. I wonder if we'll hear what it's like backstage; I reckon it ain't pretteh...

by Anonymousreply 143October 10, 2019 4:10 PM

Waiting that long for a concert to start is infuriating, especially when there is no legitimate reason given for it. I have only seen her live once and she was pretty late for that too - when she came on stage there was no apology, no acknowledgement that she was late, no explanation as to why, so I can only conclude it was down to her rather than any technical issue.

It is absolutely a sign of arrogance and a huge fuck you to people who have commitments, travel plans etc. Yes, sometimes unexpected things happen that cause delays but when it's a consistent pattern I don't think it can be anything like that. It's like she (and other artists, she's not the only one to do this so I definitely don't have a specific vendetta against her) are so out of touch with reality that they can't comprehend how frustrating and disrespectful it is. Honestly it then tarnishes the show, no matter how good it is - especially if you have to leave before the end because you have places to be and didn't expect it to start so late.

I'm glad I didn't shell out the money to see her on this tour. I like some of the tracks from the album - I don't like the ticket prices or the 'Madame X' persona.

by Anonymousreply 144October 10, 2019 4:18 PM

The tickets are down to $90 and it still isn’t selling out. That along with her knee will probably push her into canceling the entire thing. She only made an album because she couldn’t get the film she wanted to direct off the ground. This is also her last album and tour contractually.

by Anonymousreply 145October 10, 2019 4:25 PM

Call me when she hires Patrick Leonard again. She’s still so fucked up in the head by that Kabbalah cult nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 146October 10, 2019 4:28 PM

How the hell did they take away everyone’s phone? Couldn’t you just lie and say you don’t have one, then sneak it out?

by Anonymousreply 147October 10, 2019 4:31 PM

Everyone got a pouch that locks. You put your phone in the pouch and keep the pouch with you. When leaving, there are people unlocking pouches for you.

There was a roped off area in the lobby, where people could get their phones unlocked and use them.

Yes, it's likely easy to take another phone with you but there were signs that said you would be kicked out if seen using a phone.

by Anonymousreply 148October 10, 2019 6:56 PM

[quote]The tickets are down to $90 and it still isn’t selling out. That along with her knee will probably push her into canceling the entire thing. She only made an album because she couldn’t get the film she wanted to direct off the ground. This is also her last album and tour contractually.

You can be sure she will never be offered a contract like that again considering this was her worst selling album and worst selling tour ever. If she can’t even sell out 2,000 seat theaters, nobody will sign her again.

by Anonymousreply 149October 10, 2019 7:02 PM

The whole cell phone thing turns me right off. It’s such a snotty thing to do.

by Anonymousreply 150October 10, 2019 8:48 PM

The funny thing is, if she were a little more savvy, she'd realize that letting people record with their cell phones and post on social media is free publicity and generates buzz, which she is sorely lacking.

The Grateful Dead realized this about 50 years ago. I guess Madge is a little slow on the uptake.

by Anonymousreply 151October 10, 2019 8:54 PM

She can’t possibly be doing a full dress rehearsal before every show. That would kill the energy of the actual performance.

by Anonymousreply 152October 10, 2019 11:26 PM

R151 it may generate buzz, but it also means there is video evidence of it if she sucks. She also strikes me as the type who wouldn't want her "product" being on YouTube where people can watch it for free instead of paying the outlandish prices to see her live.

by Anonymousreply 153October 10, 2019 11:27 PM

I wish she kills herself soon

by Anonymousreply 154October 11, 2019 12:56 AM

Bum knee is code for a prolapsed uterus. Her pelvic floor has completely collapsed. Practically rotted through.

by Anonymousreply 155October 11, 2019 12:59 AM

Madonna reminds me nowadays of Diana Ross’s career phase in the late 1980s through the early 2000s, when she couldn’t catch a break and her post-hit singles, -Mary Wilson bio, and -personal life dramas had her image in the toilet. After that, she seemed to become humbler and not take herself so seriously anymore. Maybe it’s because she got past the career-competition part of her life and eventually stayed around long enough to segue into pop music legendry. And maybe that’s what needs to happen also to Vadgey, for her to evolve and become endearing (in the context and to the degree that she can!?) again.

by Anonymousreply 156October 11, 2019 1:27 AM

She mentioned her pussy way too many times for me. We know you have a pussy, darling.

by Anonymousreply 157October 11, 2019 6:00 PM

[quote]She mentioned her pussy way too many times for me. We know you have a pussy, darling.

Doesn’t everyone want to hear about a 61 year old dried up, gray haired, wrinkled pussy?

by Anonymousreply 158October 11, 2019 8:35 PM

^^^ She’s probably had work done on that dried up old puss. It’s been botoxed and filled with fat like her face.

by Anonymousreply 159October 11, 2019 8:39 PM

I was a huge Sinatra fan as a child, which made me a weirdo child. Made my parents take me to his concerts, which were great even though he was nearing end of life. My dad always said “he’s the one performer who starts his show exactly when you’re told he starts.” I’ve always remembered that and get pissed off when I have to wait for a performer. Just reading your description of waiting 2+ hours made me mad, OP. What a self-indulgent asshole she is.

by Anonymousreply 160October 11, 2019 8:48 PM

She MAY have been able to pull that shit when she was at her peak that why would anyone wait 2 hours to see a washed-up former pop icon perform some her most forgettable music? I wouldn't. And neither would most people. She is truly out of touch.

by Anonymousreply 161October 11, 2019 9:58 PM

[quote]If she were a little more savvy, she'd realize that letting people record with their cell phones and post on social media is free publicity The Grateful Dead realized this about 50 years ago.

With cell phones? Must've been 8mm movie cameras.

by Anonymousreply 162October 12, 2019 3:11 PM

[quote]She mentioned her pussy way too many times for me.

Hey! That's my act!

by Anonymousreply 163October 12, 2019 3:21 PM

Watch Toyah instead!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 164October 12, 2019 3:26 PM

So sad

by Anonymousreply 165October 13, 2019 1:35 PM

WAKE UP!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 166October 13, 2019 1:37 PM

How many facelifts has she had?

by Anonymousreply 167October 14, 2019 3:49 AM

Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Pussy. Pussy. Exploit sex. Exploit religion. Get all political. Rinse. Repeat.

Her schtick is as old and tired as her pussy.

by Anonymousreply 168October 14, 2019 4:50 AM

Funny how Bjork's Cornucopia shows are slightly less expensive than this and yet they are worth way more quality wise. Many calling it the best show they've ever witnessed. It's just so embarrassing for Madge.

by Anonymousreply 169October 14, 2019 5:15 AM

R169 does Bjork make her audience wait two and a half hours for the show to start late, like a dime store dominatrix? I think not!

by Anonymousreply 170October 14, 2019 8:13 AM

her shows were soo damn good yrs ago, the one with the vids of horses and her in the horse mistress drag were fab! the house adored her! she sold out many arenas....

wtf happened. she had VERY bad advice in the last 3 yrs....sad, early dementia they say shhhhhhh

by Anonymousreply 171October 14, 2019 8:19 AM

The problem is the same as always; she simply refuses to accept or act her age.

by Anonymousreply 172October 14, 2019 1:21 PM

Being so late is truly obnoxious but what is behind it? Does she really just wait around so that she can be late? What IS going on?

by Anonymousreply 173October 14, 2019 1:40 PM

It takes all day and night to put on her face

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 174October 14, 2019 2:28 PM

Pussy!

by Anonymousreply 175October 14, 2019 2:51 PM

Has she resumed the NYC residency with the postponed shows or are the tix just going to be refunded? I've not really had the interest to google anything but it seems like it got very quiet very fast on the Macadam X Front. Maybe she's a human shield in Syria or something. God knows, all that plastic in her face would make a scud missle bounce its ass back across the sky.

by Anonymousreply 176October 14, 2019 3:13 PM

[quote]I hope she will commit suicide

The problem with these threads is that people with the emotional maturity of a pre-teen like this guy think their opinions are worth reading.

by Anonymousreply 177October 14, 2019 3:20 PM

Did she kill herself yet? I’m waiting. Nobody cares for her anymore

by Anonymousreply 178October 14, 2019 3:23 PM

She hasn’t been worth seeing since The Girlie Show. That qweeen Jamie King turned her shows into a Britney Spears spectacle. Totally hallow with lame backdrops and silly antics. She was just churning them out.

by Anonymousreply 179October 14, 2019 5:11 PM

As I was watching her show, I kept thinking "can't she just play her hits?". I understand she wants to grow as an artist, but c'mon, a fucking Portuguese segment at 12:30? i felt so old.

by Anonymousreply 180October 14, 2019 6:27 PM

Me too, r180!

by Anonymousreply 181October 15, 2019 4:50 AM

Why did she stop changing her hair? She stopped changing her image since 2000. Now it’s blonde blonde blond, with a bland granny do. Does she have too much grey? Is she afraid short hair will show all the facelift scars? She looks so boring.

by Anonymousreply 182October 15, 2019 5:47 AM

Apparently she’s fucking another one of her 25 year old dancers.

How sad to have to pay people to fuck you.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 183October 15, 2019 5:48 AM

Does he fuck her while she’s holding onto her walker?

by Anonymousreply 184October 15, 2019 6:07 AM

R184 She probably has to push the walker up to a wall and lean on it while she’s bent over.

by Anonymousreply 185October 15, 2019 8:48 AM

Do you reckon that's how she injured her knee? She pushed the walker a little too forcefully and it hit the wall, and she fell down before the dancer guy could grab her and stop her lacking in density bones from splintering like so much splintery?

by Anonymousreply 186October 15, 2019 10:47 AM

The set list alone is not worth going. On top of that ridiculous ticket prices, giving up your cell phone, waiting 2-3 hours?! She should've stopped making new music 15 years ago. She has enough hits to do an entire new setlist for at least 3 tours. And releasing anniversary editions of her CDs with remixes and unreleased songs.

by Anonymousreply 187October 15, 2019 12:32 PM

I see her eyesight has gone now, too. That guy is nasty-looking. Now I know why she’s wearing the eyepatch. Blind as a bat.

by Anonymousreply 188October 15, 2019 2:58 PM

R182 She's been wearing full lace wigs for years now. Her real hair is dyke short.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 189October 15, 2019 4:59 PM

R182 that pic looks heavily retouched.

by Anonymousreply 190October 15, 2019 6:07 PM

So she’s doing her own music, her way, in a small show like she’s wanted to do for years? AND getting dick in the bargain?

AND getting paid for her back catalogue/streaming whenever people crave the “hits?”

by Anonymousreply 191October 15, 2019 6:09 PM

R190 Seems they forgot to retouch her hairline to make it look fuller.

by Anonymousreply 192October 15, 2019 6:47 PM

R190 That's what nearly 40 years of bleach will do to your hair. Just ask Angelyne.

by Anonymousreply 193October 15, 2019 6:48 PM

Yes, back in the day some bitchy hairdresser-to-the-stars said that Madonna was going to lose her hair, and apparently he was right.

by Anonymousreply 194October 15, 2019 7:49 PM

What is wiith Madonna? Yikes. Who cares lol. She is literally my grandmothers age.

by Anonymousreply 195October 15, 2019 8:07 PM

R195 My Grandmother is 73.

by Anonymousreply 196October 15, 2019 9:53 PM

Does she pull her Depends down while doing a striptease for her paid dancer boyfriends?

by Anonymousreply 197October 16, 2019 3:45 AM

I've been a fan of Madonna's since 1983 but this tour has been the first time where Madonna has generated little buzz and is proof she is no longer part of the zeitgeist and is no longer a cultural icon. People just don't care anymore, and the late business, lack of hits, terrible humour, cringey sex jokes, the bizarre selfies on social media and awful posts have resulted in her losing her hold on the one area where she was almost untouchable: touring.

Look at the October 27th date on Ticketmaster - hundreds of tickets left. It's really sad to see this especially since seeing Madonna in a theatre was an interesting idea. Ten years ago, she was celebrating having the highest grossing tour for a female artist; ten years later, she cannot sell out.

Guy Oseary has been a horrible manager but at the end of the day, Madonna does what she wants. For someone who is supposedly a shrewd businesswoman, she is showing some questionable business sense. She really hasn't been the same since Guy Ritchie cleaned her out. She fucked up her face and became a mess. She keeps shouting the same things she's been doing the last 20 years. She's like a robot now. Press 1 for "Hey motherfuckers!" Press 2 for "We need to WAKE UP!" Press 3 for "We need to start a revolution!"

It's sad to watch her age not because she is getting older, but because she seems so lost, unfocused and lacks a sense of humour about herself and seems so uncomfortable with the aging process.

by Anonymousreply 198October 16, 2019 4:20 AM

R198 when Guy Ritchie divorced her it sounded like she was at peak diva, with the Kaballah Center influence and the special Kaballah water for her kid, the rigid controls she had over the kids' lives etc. - she seemed to be looking for something back then with spiritual meaning and then shifted her control freak focus to her kids once Ritchie got sick of her. Also, I haven't heard any stories about Kaballah and Madonna in years so did she get bored with it and move on?

by Anonymousreply 199October 16, 2019 8:27 AM

I'm not surprised the old dear is coming on 2 hours late if she is rehearsing as well, poor thing must be exhausted.

by Anonymousreply 200October 16, 2019 9:43 AM

She's so tired. Everything she says is so tired. Her stay-puft face is so tired. Her huge Kardashian ass is so tired.

She's done.

by Anonymousreply 201October 16, 2019 10:12 AM

That video for 'God Control' (linked at R166) is deeply offensive. I don't care how "woke" the (supposed) message of the song is, (guns are really bad, I guess) that clip is violence porn.

by Anonymousreply 202October 16, 2019 10:47 AM

I think she wants to give her stage show a "club" vibe, like the early 80s. The show itself came off like a bad 90's broadway musical.

by Anonymousreply 203October 16, 2019 6:09 PM

The problem is she doesn't have any hits to tour behind anymore. All she has is her reputation, slowly devolving into tatters.

by Anonymousreply 204October 16, 2019 10:25 PM

Are we sure this wasn't caused by an audience member who waited two and a half hours for the show to start?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 205October 16, 2019 10:47 PM

I think that head injury caused trauma induced dementia which is the same thing that happened to Julie Strain who is now in hospice care.

by Anonymousreply 206October 17, 2019 3:38 AM

There's no need to compare her to Stalin, now! Sure she's awful, but has she murdered a ton of people in the last few years? Probably not!

by Anonymousreply 207October 17, 2019 5:48 AM

This knee injury was haunt her for decades to come. Mark my words. It will be the thing that puts her dancing out of commission. She didn’t take care of her body. She put it through the paces one too many times and now she’s paying for it. She’s 61. She’s bone on bone now.

by Anonymousreply 208October 17, 2019 2:45 PM

Her dancing in the music videos for Medellin and God Control was slow, careful and stiff.

by Anonymousreply 209October 17, 2019 3:01 PM

They shoot horses, don't they?

by Anonymousreply 210October 17, 2019 3:16 PM

Apparently she's gone through 5 tour managers in less than a year. Reminds me of over 10 years ago when she had a large number of staff walk out on her in the same week when she was living in London.

by Anonymousreply 211October 17, 2019 5:47 PM

OK Chicago DL’ers: my husband and I are in Chicago on vacation (from SF) starting 10/27, we have tickets for that night. Tell me about start times, quality of the show, etc. Luckily we’re within walking distance of the Chicago Theatre. We want to see her live one more time before she dies.

by Anonymousreply 212October 17, 2019 6:42 PM

[quote] This knee injury was haunt her for decades to come. Mark my words. It will be the thing that puts her dancing out of commission.

It's more like her real lack of dance talent catching up with her

by Anonymousreply 213October 17, 2019 7:05 PM

I'm still here, R210.

by Anonymousreply 214October 18, 2019 12:59 AM

I know she's 61 but it's astonishing how much she has declined in the last 10 years physically and vocally. On MDNA she could still move well but since then she's been on a sharp decline.

She is very stiff in her movements.

by Anonymousreply 215October 18, 2019 1:28 AM

Repeatedly falling off stages probably doesn't help that

by Anonymousreply 216October 18, 2019 1:09 PM

Repeatedly falling off stages probably doesn't help that

by Anonymousreply 217October 18, 2019 1:09 PM

On Ticketmaster there are still shitloads of seats on sale for her Chicago shows.

by Anonymousreply 218October 20, 2019 1:45 AM

Wow, there are. Especially the 27th. The bulk of the floor seats haven't been sold and its only a week out.

by Anonymousreply 219October 20, 2019 1:25 PM

They probably keep the stage lights at full blast so she can’t see that she’s playing to an empty room.

by Anonymousreply 220October 20, 2019 2:59 PM

$700 for seventh row tickets? And those are standard price.

She needs a reality check.

by Anonymousreply 221October 20, 2019 6:01 PM

Madonna is from what I've read ridiculously late concerning starting times. You go there knowing she will be incredibly late.

It baffles me why anybody would complain. All her fans know her prices are ridiculous. Nobody is forcing them to buy tickets.

I couldn't care less about the women though it's fun to read about her idiosyncrasies which are legendary and her fans complaining about them. A bizarre spectacle all around.

by Anonymousreply 222October 20, 2019 6:11 PM

R222 just because it may be known to some people that she does that does not mean it becomes acceptable. Honestly what a stupid argument.

by Anonymousreply 223October 20, 2019 6:24 PM

Any fans considering buying tickets should just wait to buy the day before or the day of. If NYC shows are any gauge, the ticket prices come tumbling down. Orchestra level seats become cheaper than the previously sold Mezzanine and Balcony seats

by Anonymousreply 224October 20, 2019 6:29 PM

She is notorious for bad behavior so your astonishing stupidity which is remarkable R222 is expecting her to conform to what you want her to do.

by Anonymousreply 225October 20, 2019 6:31 PM

Maybe she's having complications from her fake ass implant.

by Anonymousreply 226October 20, 2019 6:35 PM

Who’s gonna be the one to tell her it’s over? Her days of relevancy are long gone. She’ll have a nervous breakdown.

by Anonymousreply 227October 20, 2019 6:59 PM

R227 You would think all the empty seats in the theaters and the fact that each of her albums sell worse than the last would give her a clue.

by Anonymousreply 228October 21, 2019 4:03 AM

Maybe she just needs to french kiss a young starlet.

She's done men, women.. what about trans? Is Laverne Cox available?

by Anonymousreply 229October 21, 2019 4:07 AM

Time to use trannies up get attention.

by Anonymousreply 230October 21, 2019 4:18 AM

Now they are advertising that the show starts at 10:30 p.m. (although it seems she doesn't come on until 11).

Do they really think this is going to HELP ticket sales??

Guy O. and Madonna are delusional. Live Nation must be thrilled this contract is ending.

by Anonymousreply 231October 21, 2019 4:25 AM

The only thing she hasn’t done yet that MIGHT get her attention is have sex on stage. Other than that, nobody is shocked by her anymore.

by Anonymousreply 232October 21, 2019 4:26 AM

R232 unfortunately in the age of the internet even that is yawn-inducing.

It would certainly be shocking, though, considering her advanced age.

by Anonymousreply 233October 21, 2019 10:51 AM

I just want to put those obnoxious bratty twins she adopted in a sack and drown them.

by Anonymousreply 234October 21, 2019 11:14 AM

There must be a niche for geriatric porn since there is a niche for everything. She would have to wear a gray wig and paint some wrinkles on her face to make it sexy, though. Rub a cane seductively over her body and suck on it like that coke bottle.

by Anonymousreply 235October 21, 2019 1:11 PM

She could kill herself on stage. Or, kill the audience. That would be quite memorable!

by Anonymousreply 236October 21, 2019 1:26 PM

R236, that MIGHT make a small news clip in the NY times. Maybe.

by Anonymousreply 237October 21, 2019 3:22 PM

What would be shocking is if Madonna had a concert and didn't mention sex or say "pussy" at all.

by Anonymousreply 238October 21, 2019 3:35 PM

What if Madonna gave a concert and nobody came?

by Anonymousreply 239October 21, 2019 7:43 PM

If you must go, wait to buy your ticket til the day of the show - the prices drop because they know they won't sell them. Also, go have a long dinner and show up at 10:45.

by Anonymousreply 240October 21, 2019 8:47 PM

R227, Bruce Springteen, Mick Jagger, Elton John, and even Neil Fucking Diamond, continue to tour without a bunch of people telling them that they're no longer relevant and to call it a day. Why do you all have different standards for Madonna? If she wants to continue performing 'til she's 80, that's her business.

by Anonymousreply 241October 21, 2019 10:11 PM

R241, people have, in fact, mocked them. Mick Jagger, in particular, has been ridiculed for decades. They have all soldiered on without complaining. Madonna is free to do that, too.

by Anonymousreply 242October 21, 2019 10:53 PM

She goes through so much staff because she expects them to be on site and on call 24/7 and makes impossible demands of them while paying them next to nothing. She's had several staff walk out on her from her London residence within a week over 10 years ago. When her trainer took a day off to spend time with her family and sent one of her employees in her place, Madonna fired her. She's gone through 5 tour managers in 10 months. She has a revolving door of personal assistants. She ripped off her cokehead brother and changed her mind about wanting a painting she made him use all of his money to purchase for her and refused to reimburse him. She honestly thinks $100,000 a year is good enough for a personal chef. Wouldn't be surprised if she made her chef purchase the groceries out of their own pocket without reimbursing them.

by Anonymousreply 243October 21, 2019 11:00 PM

R243, Sounds ripe for a movie: "The Devil Wears Gaultier"

But really, this happens with a lot of celebrities. Michael Jackson, for instance, went through a lot of staff changes, and former staff members complained of low wages or not even getting paid at all. I've heard many Personal Assistant horror stories as well. Nothing new here.

by Anonymousreply 244October 21, 2019 11:17 PM

[quote]Bruce Springteen, Mick Jagger, Elton John, and even Neil Fucking Diamond, continue to tour without a bunch of people telling them that they're no longer relevant and to call it a day.

Because they're relevant. She isn't.

by Anonymousreply 245October 22, 2019 12:23 AM

Madonna's gotten cheaper and stingier over the years. She doesn't even have a full band anymore. It's mostly computerized. I miss the days of Who's That Girl and Girlie Show with the full band sound - percussion, guitars, bass, drums.

There was that story from Reinvention I believe where her dancers were paid next to nothing.

by Anonymousreply 246October 22, 2019 2:25 AM

I believe it.

by Anonymousreply 247October 22, 2019 2:27 AM

I managed to sneak my phone out of the plastic bubble. Here is the footage.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 248October 22, 2019 2:40 AM

R248 Madonna wishes that she had a fraction of the talent the late Dawn Davenport had!

by Anonymousreply 249October 22, 2019 3:13 AM

Madonna is also far, far older than poor Dawn's

by Anonymousreply 250October 22, 2019 3:40 AM

[quote] Bruce Springteen, Mick Jagger, Elton John, and even Neil Fucking Diamond, continue to tour without a bunch of people telling them that they're no longer relevant and to call it a day. Why do you all have different standards for Madonna? If she wants to continue performing 'til she's 80, that's her business.

Those people have basically made careers out of crafting pop music and selling it. Their reputation was based on the strength of their music and their ability to perform it well.

Madonna's career has been based on reinventing herself in new, allegedly edgy ways, always designed to shock and disturb. "Your Song" or "Angie" still work if the singer is geriatric. Talking about pussy and fucking and trying to be a sex kitten does NOT work if the singer is geriatric.

by Anonymousreply 251October 22, 2019 10:53 AM

r251 really nailed it.

by Anonymousreply 252October 22, 2019 1:55 PM

R251, what those people have in common is that they aren't dance-pop artists. Dance-pop music ages worse than any other genre of music and it also changes rapidly. Like a Virgin seemed scandalous and edgy in 1984 but would it have been so if it was released even 1 year later? This is why those other stars listed can still draw huge crowds now--they aren't pop stars. Their music hasn't aged as bad as much of Madonna's music has. Audiences will therefore WANT to see them perform. Additionally, imagine Madonna at 60 masturbating on stage to Like A Virgin like she did on the Blonde Ambition tour? It's an embarrassingly laughable idea. When you're act is based on sexual antics, that gets old and desperate really quickly.

by Anonymousreply 253October 22, 2019 2:25 PM

It really is amazing how she ran of reinventions. The last time I really saw her do something that didn't look cartoonish was 1998/1999. After that she kept the same basic hairstyle and started donning these ridiculous costumes and personas. Then in 2010s she just gave up and started shedding her clothes again. She needs a new dramatic hairdo and to stop working with that no-talent Mirwais. If she's so outraged by sexism, why doesn't she write songs about it? Shedding your clothes and acting like a moron is not a way to fight ageism. I know she's not very bright, but even she must be getting tired of this shit.

by Anonymousreply 254October 22, 2019 6:18 PM

Hmmm.. maybe sex with a dwarf on stage.... Who then lights fireworks that come shooting out of my vagina.... The fireworks can spell #metoo...

by Anonymousreply 255October 22, 2019 7:26 PM

She seems emotionally retarded.

by Anonymousreply 256October 22, 2019 7:49 PM

She would have sex with the retarded onstage

by Anonymousreply 257October 22, 2019 8:14 PM

She needs new management. Guy Oseary has decimated her career. She also needs Liz Rosenberg back. Pay Liz any amount she wants.

by Anonymousreply 258October 22, 2019 9:59 PM

She will never fire Guy. They are friends and he's been with her since he was a teenager. He is a horrible manager I agree, but M likes him primarily because he is money-focused and, like her, he has absolutely no interest in preserving her legacy or recordings. For someone who is such a control freak, Madonna pays dust to her catalogue. She should be reissuing her albums like McCartney and the Bowie estate and even like the Prince estate is doing. But she's too busy pumping her face with shit and peddling her MDNA Skin line.

Freddy DeMann and Liz Rozenberg were old school and ran things tightly. They probably would not put up with this late shit. But Madonna probably figures she's at the point where she can do what she wants and Guy doesn't care as long as he gets paid.

But both of them must be seeing with this tour that the lateness and lack of hits will affect them in the long run.

by Anonymousreply 259October 22, 2019 11:05 PM

Does she really have herpes? No wonder she pays people to nosh on her Arby's roast queef sandwich!

by Anonymousreply 260October 22, 2019 11:09 PM

The whole 2 1/2 hour late thing really has rubbed me the wrong way this time. I can't promise I'll put myself through that punishment again. I'm a hard core fan, have been forever, but for an unbrilliant album and an unbrilliant show, it's simply too much to ask. If either or were amazing I'd deal with it. But it's just not so this time around. Give me a fucking Confessions album already, I'm tired of the drek.

by Anonymousreply 261October 22, 2019 11:20 PM

Oh god, it’s the confessions troll.

by Anonymousreply 262October 22, 2019 11:24 PM

Madonna is always at her worst when she's in one of her phases where she thinks she's a serious artist. She doesn't have the depth or nuance to pull it off. That's why the new album is practically unlistensble. It's an entire album of her trying to be deep and political.

She should just keep making pop music. It's what she's good at.

by Anonymousreply 263October 22, 2019 11:29 PM

R262 can you honestly say Madame X is as good as Confessions? I've loved every album for their own individuality, but I need some fun happy dance music. Nothing from Madame X will be a fun song playing at The Pines. I hope Kylie continues to pump out summer fun carefree music. It's just too fucking serious.

by Anonymousreply 264October 22, 2019 11:29 PM

Madonna is much better as a serious artist when she's personal, not political.

This week, Bedtime Stories turns 25 (!) years old. It's never been one of my favourite M albums but I've really grown to appreciate it over the years. There's a warmth to the production and to her singing. The lyrics are good.

by Anonymousreply 265October 22, 2019 11:36 PM

Yeah, you can practically hear her begging for forgiveness for 1992-1993.

by Anonymousreply 266October 23, 2019 1:45 AM

I actually liked Rebel Heart and Madame X. But American Life, Hard Candy and most of MDNA were shit albums.

by Anonymousreply 267October 23, 2019 1:47 AM

I heard Madame X once and saw her in concert. No need to ever listen to that Cd again

by Anonymousreply 268October 23, 2019 2:51 AM

I didn't read any of this thread. I saw the show at BAM on October 1st, and it was a very well put together piece of theatre. She was very talkative, and the through line was strong. One of the best concerts I've seen in a long time. I can't really compare it to the Rebel Heart concert I saw in 2015 at Madison Square Garden (which was amazing), because it's a very different kind of piece.

by Anonymousreply 269October 23, 2019 2:53 AM

R265, I have a few problems with Bedtime stories. It is actually a very consistent album. But it was the first time you can sense that she got scared and was just trying to hop on the hottest current sound. Hence her hiring of Babyface. I wonder what would have happened if she had hired a more underground/less mainstream R&B producer. She hired Babyface because she wanted to have big hits after Erotica was pretty much a failure. Previously, she was good at staying ahead of the curve but she got scared after Erotica's failure. And "Human Nature" is such a hypocritical song. She is singing about how the media was so mean to her and how she didn't give a shit--that's complete bullshit, because she clearly went to far with the Sex book and it REALLY affected her.

by Anonymousreply 270October 23, 2019 1:30 PM

Bedtime Stories is probably my favorite album of her's.

Such great tracks. Survival. Inside of Me. Love Tried To Welcome Me. Sanctuary. Don't Stop.

I had just started college when this album dropped and it was terrific background music to all the new experiences my life was going through at the time.

by Anonymousreply 271October 23, 2019 3:13 PM

She’s cancelling more dates - Los Angeles and Las Vegas.

by Anonymousreply 272October 23, 2019 3:47 PM

R272 links?

by Anonymousreply 273October 23, 2019 3:52 PM

R271 I agree Bedtime Stories is her best album. It’s the type of music she should be doing today. She sounds good doing R&B. The only thing that I find tiresome about that album is how the only song she ever wants to sing from it it Human Nature. There are much better songs from the album she’s never performed once. And who cares if she worked with mainstream producers for that album? I don’t care who she works with as long as the results are good.

by Anonymousreply 274October 23, 2019 5:17 PM

R274, The songs with the 1994 Babyface sound are the ones that have aged badly (I'd Rather be your lover, Human Nature, Secret, etc.). The most experimental songs are the ones I think sound the best--Love Tried to Welcome Me and Bedtime Stories.

by Anonymousreply 275October 23, 2019 5:37 PM

R272 do you have a link or did you just make that up?

I’m guessing the latter.

by Anonymousreply 276October 23, 2019 5:40 PM

Apparently Babyface didn't produce any of those three songs, my bad. I would say the best songs on the album are Sanctuary, Bedtime Stories and Inside of Me.

by Anonymousreply 277October 23, 2019 5:40 PM

Your Honesty is a jam. It should have been on the album and a single. I think I'd Rather Be Your Lover is underappreciated. It's one of my favorites on that album.

by Anonymousreply 278October 23, 2019 5:55 PM

Your Honesty is a jam. It should have been on the album and a single. I think I'd Rather Be Your Lover is underappreciated. It's one of my favorites on that album.

by Anonymousreply 279October 23, 2019 5:55 PM

[quote] The songs with the 1994 Babyface sound are the ones that have aged badly (I'd Rather be your lover, Human Nature, Secret, etc.).

Baby face didn’t do any of those songs, and Secret is one of the best songs she ever did along with Human Nature. The song is Bedtime Story, not Stories and that one aged badly.

by Anonymousreply 280October 23, 2019 5:55 PM

Popjustice is really giving it to her for cancelling more dates, even making fun of her set: two mini sets of stairs a table and projectors.

by Anonymousreply 281October 23, 2019 5:56 PM

Ticketmaster shows and an LA date is cancelled. The Vegas dates look like they're still going to happen.

by Anonymousreply 282October 23, 2019 6:05 PM

The inside word today that Vegas is going to be cancelled, at least some of the dates. Why the fuck did she add so many dates when so many haven't even sold? Then she's injured. This reeks of Guy Oseary.

by Anonymousreply 283October 23, 2019 6:23 PM

Her team isn't posting grosses or attendance numbers. Not a good sign.

by Anonymousreply 284October 23, 2019 6:27 PM

So the canceled shows are just a rumor?

She already annoyed she was cutting off the first show each city and adding one one the end.

So the rest of this is just rumors.

by Anonymousreply 285October 23, 2019 6:43 PM

Still no links. Rumors being reported as facts?

This is a shitty tread with crappy information, some clearly made up.

by Anonymousreply 286October 23, 2019 6:44 PM

The show may be good but the tour is a fucking mess and it all falls on Madonna and Guy Oseary. They're greedy and simply don't care about Madonna's fans. Charging ridiculous prices again, starting at 10:30-11, cancelling shows when fans have traveled from over the world, shows a lack of regard for her fans, many of whom have been loyal to Madonna for years.

by Anonymousreply 287October 23, 2019 11:01 PM

Madonnanation, one of Madonna's most popular fan sites, is also dragging her.

by Anonymousreply 288October 23, 2019 11:40 PM

She needs to bring back Freddy, Liz, Nikki, Donna, Patrick, Steven and Shep to make something new and successful that also reminds people of her old sound. She needs to get rid of the French Robot Fart Producer and use William Orbit occasionally. She needs to include more hits on her tours using the original arrangements. Maybe even do a stripped down tour with no dancers or costume changes with a setlist of her lesser known singles, b-sides, rare and unreleased songs. Maybe even launch a travelling museum exhibit featuring her old costumes from her various music videos, photoshoots and concerts.

by Anonymousreply 289October 23, 2019 11:54 PM

Someone please start a Bedtime Stories Appreciated Thread so we can keep this to the shitfest that is the Madame X Tour?

by Anonymousreply 290October 24, 2019 12:44 AM

R289 She does NOT need to work with Orbit again. He may have done well with Ray of Light, but his contributions to Music and MDNA show that he was a one trick pony with a dated sound.

by Anonymousreply 291October 24, 2019 4:41 AM

Same goes for Mirwais, r291.

by Anonymousreply 292October 24, 2019 5:50 AM

Okay.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 293October 24, 2019 5:54 AM

$300 average per ticket? This twat is robbing her fans blind. Her pathological need for attention is repulsive. She would be wise to use her half-a-BILLION dollars to live out the rest of her life in luxury and comfort, but instead she continues to strive for the glory days of her 20s and 30s. Her career has run its course, and it's been a very, VERY successful one—and the fact that that isn't enough for her is truly fucking gross.

by Anonymousreply 294October 24, 2019 6:12 AM

Maybe she needs to have money coming in to pay her business expenses. It’s like a different currency at that level.

That being said I would retire at and live my life and write more children’s books if I were her.

by Anonymousreply 295October 24, 2019 6:28 AM

Well the tour is officially a flop. The numbers are in for her New York residency. Also, the rest of her shows are like only 40% sold out and the show starts in another week. When is she gonna ditch that loser manager of hers???

"First 16 shows for Madonna's Madame X tour grossed a total of 9.6 million ....

Average per show was about $600 k .....

While OF COURSE they are small theaters with insane prices , insiders say the shows were designed and originally priced to gross $1 million or higher per show .... but with repriced tickets and tons of unsold tickets, that didn’t happen ....

Other cities will be lower ...."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 296October 24, 2019 6:41 AM

Her back catalogue is probably worth at least $100 million. Her collection of those ugly Frida Kahlo paintings. The same, maybe a little more. She owns multiple houses all over the world. Then there's the investments. Etc. Bitch doesn't need anymore money than what's coming in from investments and record sales.

by Anonymousreply 297October 24, 2019 6:56 AM

indeed, her art collection is said to be unreal....huge.

by Anonymousreply 298October 24, 2019 7:03 AM

wanna hear insane ticket prices? that harry potter play is now in frisco, and one ticket for dec 20 in orchestra is 2 grande.. wtf????

by Anonymousreply 299October 24, 2019 7:04 AM

She's worth a little over $500 million. Celine Dion has a net worth bigger than hers ($800 million). She's been shit with her money, even though she rips people off and doesn't pay her bills. She's now got 6 kids on top of everything else, and that includes paying others to take care of them for her. When she got married without a prenup, that really opened a lot of people's eyes when it came to Madonna and money. She also gives 20-30% of her income to that Kabbalah cult.

by Anonymousreply 300October 24, 2019 7:14 AM

Madonna having an art collection is just appalling. She practically embodies what a philistine is.

by Anonymousreply 301October 24, 2019 4:02 PM

"insiders say the shows were designed and originally priced to gross $1 million or higher per show ...."

You're lying about that just like you lied about "insiders" saying some Las Vegas shows which are almost sild out will be canceled.

There's plenty to criticize her about without resorting to making things up.

by Anonymousreply 302October 24, 2019 4:20 PM

False information alert.

by Anonymousreply 303October 24, 2019 4:24 PM

R302, that is coming straight from Madonna fan site Madonna-Infinity.

by Anonymousreply 304October 24, 2019 5:22 PM

I agree; that's total false info.

by Anonymousreply 305October 24, 2019 5:26 PM

You're so full of shit, R300. Forbes lists Dione's net worth at 390 million, far far below Madonna's.

Why do you post such fallacies that are so easily refuted with a few clicks of a keyboard?

by Anonymousreply 306October 24, 2019 5:30 PM

r289 agreed, but I think Madonna is too proud to do any of this.

by Anonymousreply 307October 24, 2019 5:51 PM

Wrong, r306.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 308October 24, 2019 6:11 PM

R308, I'd trust forbes over a random website.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 309October 24, 2019 6:47 PM

R296 And don’t forget that all of her crew, Live Nation, and the venue rental cost has to be paid before she ever sees a cent, so with only $600,000 coming in, she probably was telling the truth when she said she wasn’t making any money from this tour. What a disaster.

by Anonymousreply 310October 24, 2019 7:30 PM

[quote]When she got married without a prenup, that really opened a lot of people's eyes when it came to Madonna and money

Yes, it made me realize she really is not a good businesswoman at all. Any idiot with hundreds of millions of dollars would get a prenup if they had at least one working brain cell. That mistake cost her an alleged $75 million.

by Anonymousreply 311October 24, 2019 7:34 PM

Forbes, famously, is a joke; it was completely hoodwinked by Trump, and most recently by Kris Jenner. It’s likely there is no standard, reliable source for celebrity net worth.

by Anonymousreply 312October 24, 2019 8:29 PM

cost her more than 75 mill, lots more

by Anonymousreply 313October 25, 2019 9:30 AM

She may have to sell one of her Kahlos to stay afloat.

Is she still finding the Kaballah Center?

by Anonymousreply 314October 25, 2019 7:55 PM

Yes, r314. She believes she buying her way into heaven.

by Anonymousreply 315October 26, 2019 5:22 PM

R315 The bitch can’t even buy herself a hit, so how in the hell does she think she can buy her way into heaven?

by Anonymousreply 316October 27, 2019 3:48 AM

Tonight’s show is only half sold. It’s a goddamn theater. lol

by Anonymousreply 317October 28, 2019 1:54 AM

Tomorrow's show is worse, r317. $700 tickets in the first section.

There is going to be cancellations.

I love Madonna but this tour is a huge flop.

by Anonymousreply 318October 28, 2019 1:56 AM

After this shit tour she has no record contract or touring contract. I wonder what she’ll do about that. She honestly thinks she’s going to be a big film director. lol. Not even her BFF Harvey Winstein could make that happen.

by Anonymousreply 319October 28, 2019 2:58 AM

She's in uncharted territory now. No contracts, no more hits, no more relying on touring hype because her latest is struggling to sell.

It's going to get worse.

by Anonymousreply 320October 28, 2019 3:01 AM

Madge and Kathy Griffout could tour together. No?

by Anonymousreply 321October 28, 2019 3:59 AM

My god, is she really 61 years old? She’s got 19 years until she’s 80. Not even two decades. She may not even make it to that age. That must be driving her crazy.

by Anonymousreply 322October 28, 2019 8:06 AM

R322 being a self-made billionaire would relieve some of the stress

by Anonymousreply 323October 28, 2019 1:46 PM

She’s not a billionaire.

by Anonymousreply 324October 28, 2019 3:18 PM

R324 and you're not a jealous bitch with nothing to do

by Anonymousreply 325October 28, 2019 3:21 PM

This thread reeks.

by Anonymousreply 326October 28, 2019 11:46 PM

There's still tickets left to her show tonight!

by Anonymousreply 327October 29, 2019 1:18 AM

How do you know that, r327?

by Anonymousreply 328October 29, 2019 1:51 AM

Because Ticketmaster was still selling them.

by Anonymousreply 329October 29, 2019 2:29 AM

she freaking out/very depressed: this tour gonna flop and cost her 50 million in hole.

very sad

by Anonymousreply 330October 29, 2019 12:32 PM

When you were able to sell out entire stadium and arena tours in minutes just 15 years ago and now can't even sell out a small theater, you know your career is in trouble. Quite honestly., the public is over seeing her live. She does it too many times. The reason her 2001 was such a big deal (even though the setlist was shit) was because she hadn't toured since 1993. You also have to take into consideration that her music fucking sucks now. Why she continues to work with shit producers like Mirwais is beyond me. Get a clue, woman!

by Anonymousreply 331October 29, 2019 12:37 PM

She should just retire at this point. She should have retired after COADF was released back in 2005. But she won't. Telling her to retire would be like telling her to take acting classes. She never will. And she is only hurting her own legacy by doing this. She and many of her diehard fans seem to think it's sexist/ageist to want Madonna to retire. These people seem to think that Madonna is a rock star like Mick Jagger or Paul McCartney where she can perform at 60 or 70 and still get huge crowds. SHE IS A POP STAR--her music has shorter shelf life than that of all those rock stars. And those stars are smart enough to perform their old hits. Madonna performs some of them but she is dumb enough to think the public wants to hear new pop music from a senior citizen.

This isn't talked about much, but I don't think she ever fully recovered her American sales after Erotica (probably due to her music staying dance-oriented). Ray of Light, Music, COADF and (to a lesser degree) Hard Candy were all bigger hits globally than they were in America. Look at COADF--it only sold 1 million in America but it sold something like another 9 million outside of it. The Emancipation of Mimi released in the same year sold something like 8 million in America and only another 1 million in other countries. I think her popularity continues to decline in America while it is more or less good or great in other countries. This hurts her youtube numbers because America is such a large market.

by Anonymousreply 332October 29, 2019 12:49 PM

Madonna is the queen of reinvention of herself. Why can't she find a new metier for her artistry? I think she could make a different kind of show, for Broadway, like Bruce Springsteen and David Byrne have done.

by Anonymousreply 333October 29, 2019 1:02 PM

If her career continues how it's been going, unless she gets into another contract where she has to tour and keep releasing albums in a certain amount of time, I could see her taking a long break from it. Just to even save face. I really think her autobiography is coming in the next couple of years - just to remind the public of all her accomplishments. She'll get off on the adulation. It's already been reported that she's looking for someone to do a biopic about her like Elton and Queen. This has always been her problem. She can't let things happen organically. She needs to beg someone to do it for her so it looks like she's still appreciated. So much of her career is a farce. Those films she directed had scripts written by her when it fact they were vanity credits. The same went for her children's books. They weren't written by her, she merely slapped her name on them. She would be a much better promoter and manager of others than herself at this point.

by Anonymousreply 334October 29, 2019 1:03 PM

[quote]Madonna is the queen of reinvention

She hasn't reinvented herself since 1998 and maybe when she did the whole faux British housewife thing. She ran out of ideas and looks along time ago.

by Anonymousreply 335October 29, 2019 1:04 PM

*a long

by Anonymousreply 336October 29, 2019 1:04 PM

R334, I would only read that autobiography if it was revealing. But knowing Madonna, she would be very guarded about what she reveals. It's probably better to stick to all those unauthorized Madonna biographies.

by Anonymousreply 337October 29, 2019 1:15 PM

Why was the "Erotica"/Sex book period so catastrophic for her? What did she do wrong? Was it all too graphic for 1993 or what?

by Anonymousreply 338October 29, 2019 2:28 PM

R338, it was just embarrassing. The book was supposed to show how sexy Madonna was but the most embarrassing thing about the book is that it revealed how calculated and aloof she is. The book was rarely sexy, it was just cold and contrived (and weird). It made her a laughing-stock for sometime in the media. It overshadowed her music and it took her a few years to shake off her reputation.

by Anonymousreply 339October 29, 2019 2:34 PM

The book/film were bad but the album/tour was amazing.

The funny thing is, if you look at Girlie Show clips, she was having a blast on that tour. Really connecting with the audience, laughing and smiling...much more so than Blond Ambition where it seemed like she was struggling to get through it nightly.

by Anonymousreply 340October 29, 2019 5:32 PM

R340, that's true regarding the tour. She really was having a good time even though she was being trashed in the media all the time. Blonde Ambition was really the first tour of its kind so it may feel a bit mechanical now.

by Anonymousreply 341October 29, 2019 5:33 PM

This IS her Broadway style show. It's just not very good. Of course, there are compelling moments, but a lot of headscratching ones as well. She kept referring to herself as an "Artist". We get it.

by Anonymousreply 342October 29, 2019 6:46 PM

[R340] she said she felt like she was having a heart attack at the beginning of the second number of the "Blonde Ambition" show. I have a soundboard of one of the Dallas shows. What I cannot understand is why she didn't allow for more bars of music during costume changes i.e. from "Like A Virgin" to "Like A Prayer," in order to give herself time to be able to sing properly. When she begins the vocal for the latter she's practically gasping for air. And Blonde Ambition was the end to a cycle of work that began with the recording of, "Like A Prayer," "Dick Tracy," the recording of, "I'm Breathless," rehearsals for Blonde Ambition, and then the tour itself. I'm not a Madonna calendar, but it seems all that activity was back to back. And when you're the lead vocalist in a show that's like two hours long and you're aerobically working the whole time, your voice is gonna give out pronto. And it did.

by Anonymousreply 343October 29, 2019 8:45 PM

At this point she'll have to do a hits tour to be successful and stay in the public eye. All roads point to that and I think she knows it. She'll do it because it will keep her relevant as a touring artist which is the only thing she has left in her career that's salvageable.

by Anonymousreply 344October 29, 2019 9:03 PM

[quote]And those stars are smart enough to perform their old hits. Madonna performs some of them but she is dumb enough to think the public wants to hear new pop music from a senior citizen.

To make things worse, the few old songs she does sing she remixes them to the point they’re unrecognizable. Nobody wants that shit. Leave the songs the fuck alone and perform them the way people grew to love them.

On top of that, when she does happen to perform an old song, it’s always the same fucking ones. How many fucking times does she need to perform Human Nature, Vogue, and Like a Prayer?

She and her people seriously have no clue anymore.

by Anonymousreply 345October 29, 2019 9:06 PM

God, she keeps performing Candy Shop and Human Nature instead of hits. Nobody wants to hear those shit songs.

by Anonymousreply 346October 29, 2019 9:11 PM

R344 She’s so delusional that I’m not even sure that this flop will be the wake up call she needs. She seems completely oblivious.

Oh well. That’s her problem.

by Anonymousreply 347October 29, 2019 9:28 PM

[quote]Why was the "Erotica"/Sex book period so catastrophic for her? What did she do wrong? Was it all too graphic for 1993 or what?

Did you read the Sex book? It was embarrassing. It's now a camp classic due to how awful it is. She had just done Justify My Love and now she was returning with Erotica, a nude pictorial book, and the shitastic Body of Evidence. She looked desperate and ridiculous. It's fun to look back on but if she was that age today and was releasing it now she'd receive the same amount of criticism. Don't forget that the Sex book portrayed pedophilia, bestiality and rape in it.

by Anonymousreply 348October 29, 2019 9:40 PM

Madonna's old songs haven't aged well. The ones people were interested in she's done ten million times. It's boring.

by Anonymousreply 349October 29, 2019 9:42 PM

[quote][R334], I would only read that autobiography if it was revealing. But knowing Madonna, she would be very guarded about what she reveals. It's probably better to stick to all those unauthorized Madonna biographies.

That's exactly why she WILL do it and she said two years ago that it's definitely coming. I'm sure it'll be a boring read and her spin on everything. It'll be the ultimate narcissist's tome.

by Anonymousreply 350October 29, 2019 9:43 PM

Does anyone remember Phil Hartman doing the book on tape version of the Sex book on SNL?

by Anonymousreply 351October 29, 2019 9:44 PM

[quote]At this point she'll have to do a hits tour to be successful and stay in the public eye. All roads point to that and I think she knows it. She'll do it because it will keep her relevant as a touring artist which is the only thing she has left in her career that's salvageable.

She agreed to bank on her legacy the moment she signed with Live Nation which purchased her brand and image. Suddenly everything was Material Girl, Truth or Dare, and Boy Toy. She started doing her old shit like Like a Virgin and reissuing her old albums. Madonna will never not sell-out in order to advance her career. It's all about money and attention at the end of the day.

by Anonymousreply 352October 29, 2019 9:45 PM

I think this is her last Hurrah with such concerts with crazy pricing.

We all feel so burned after this. No intention of ever going to another Madonna concert again

by Anonymousreply 353October 29, 2019 9:56 PM

R350, I imagine it will be as revealing as Hilary Clinton's Living History. So basically, nothing at all. Nothing even the least bit juicy. Just her empty thoughts and glossy revision of things. With Madonna though, we've already seen her vagina (literally) so what else COULD she share that would be revealing? Come to think of it, if she gave details about how disastrous the Sex book was for her (she allegedly was seriously depressed and had suicidal thoughts), her rape, her meeting Seymour Stein, the enemies she's made along the way, the celebs she's feuded with, etc., it could be pretty interesting. But I doubt that's the direction she will go in.

by Anonymousreply 354October 29, 2019 10:32 PM

Oh, she continue to exaggerate her rape story. She’ll probably have ten chapters documenting all the men she’s fucked and how many abortions she’s had.

by Anonymousreply 355October 30, 2019 1:40 AM

R355, I do think she's telling the truth about the rape. I remember reading about her rape 15 years ago in unauthorized biographies of her. Her friends/former friends were interviewed and they said it really changed her. In fact, that's probably the second reason (after the death of her mother) that she is such a cold bitch.

by Anonymousreply 356October 30, 2019 12:26 PM

[R356] That is sad. Maybe the younger men make her feel more in control.

by Anonymousreply 357October 30, 2019 12:37 PM

R357, I also find it very sad. I feel like if Madonna wrote a real tell-all book, it would be a page-turner. But she won't, because she needs to be in control at all times.

by Anonymousreply 358October 30, 2019 12:40 PM

this is merely a hobby for her.

she is richer than god..

get a grip, haters.

by Anonymousreply 359October 30, 2019 4:27 PM

She may be richer than god, r359. But she is not relevant. And that is something that she cannot live with.

by Anonymousreply 360October 30, 2019 10:34 PM

I love Madonna, been a fan for almost 40 years, but r359 is right - Madonna is no longer relevant. And nostalgia for her music isn't helping. I don't even know if a greatest hits tour would help at this point.

It's going to be interesting to see what she does after this tour. Because this theatre tour is not going the way she thought.

by Anonymousreply 361October 31, 2019 12:02 AM

Whitney Houston's iTunes downloads, streaming numbers and youtube numbers all skyrocketed after she died. Before her death, her downloads did poorly. The performance of Madonna's catalogue after her death will depend on how she is perceived at the time. Somehow, I don't feel too positive about that. Listening to The Immaculate Collection, I feel like at least two-thirds of the album still sounds great. It's a shame she's killing her own career and legacy.

by Anonymousreply 362October 31, 2019 12:07 AM

sorry I meant r360

by Anonymousreply 363October 31, 2019 12:08 AM

Most non or casual fans are only aware of or only enjoy her musical output from 1982-1990 and a couple handfuls of tracks after that period. To be honest 1982-1990/1998/2000/2005 (people have differing opinions on the exact end year) was her Golden Era. And she peaked roughly around 2005. Her last true #1 hit was Music which was 20 years ago and it already sounded dated by 5-10 years when it was first released.

by Anonymousreply 364October 31, 2019 1:17 AM

I wanted to like Madame X era. Medellín was enjoyable. Future is good. Too many collaborations, and too political for my taste. I listen to music for a few minutes to indulge in fantasy and escape. Not to hear about the problems in the world. And the rent-a-rapper is just dated at this point, everyone just please stop with that, looking at you too, Kylie and Christina.

by Anonymousreply 365November 1, 2019 1:02 AM

When has Kylie had a rapper on her records? One (American) single in 2008 and an early one in 1990? Maybe you meant J-Lo or Mariah?

by Anonymousreply 366November 1, 2019 1:13 AM

R366 Kylie had Jazzi P rapping on Shocked from Rhythm of Love, Ludacris rapped on Chocolate from Body Language but his rap was cut from the final version and you can only hear him briefly in the intro, a longer version of the bonus track/b-side Cruise Control from the BL album was accidentally included on the Red Blooded Woman single featuring an uncredited sample of Sean Paul rapping and there's an alternate version of the song All I See featuring a rap by Mims as a bonus track on the U.S. edition of the X album. I'm probably missing a few more tracks.

by Anonymousreply 367November 1, 2019 2:43 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!