Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

My hag quit her job to be a fulltime social media maven

It's just her and 150 other people who like one another's tweets and have webinars where they talk about synergy and all of the other bullshit bingo buzzwords that don't mean anything. She sends "email blasts" and half the people are her family members. It's so sad. She wants to take over our company's social media and I don't have the heart to tell her interns do it. For free. I told her not to quit her job.

by Anonymousreply 17February 14, 2020 4:13 PM

Don’t let someone THAT clueless near your company’s social media.

by Anonymousreply 1September 26, 2019 8:40 PM

I'm quite young and one of my friends has been a full-time influencer straight out of college. She's doing fine, because her boyfriend is an even bigger influencer.

by Anonymousreply 2September 26, 2019 8:52 PM

Sadly, this friendship is probably doomed, along with others of hers.

If she's already asking you to help her doomed quest to avoid real work, she's only going to step up the demands as reality begins to sink in, and after that she'll start expecting a savior as failure looms, and then she'll need someone to blame. Because if she doesn't realize now that you can't monetize something that everyone does for free, then that is a lesson she is going to resist learning.

by Anonymousreply 3September 27, 2019 12:07 AM

This appears to be a whole industry and they don't do much of anything. I don't understand it. They have conventions and pay to hear speakers that talk but say nothing of substance.

by Anonymousreply 4September 27, 2019 2:09 PM

Maybe she could get some sort of credential and become an online personal life coach for women. It's interesting how people can build deep relationships with others from just Facebook contact, not my skill, but if you got it, use it!

Also, in my state of Texas, Texas Tech University offers a Masters of Science in Clinical Rehabilitation Counseling. It's an online course of study (flexible). She could use that rapport to create synergy to help people find jobs and be an inspiration for others! Per their website, Clinical Rehabilitation Counselors empower people with disabilities to make informed choices, build viable careers, and live more independently within the community. Through a counseling process, Clinical Rehabilitation Counselors provide and coordinate services for people with a wide range of physical and psychiatric disabilities, chronic conditions or diseases, and social disabilities. Services include counseling to support clients in achieving their education and career goals through preparation activities and training for a specific occupation. Clinical Rehabilitation Counselors work with clients in a variety of settings, including schools and universities, state workforce systems, veteran’s services, advocacy and non-profit agencies, employee assistance programs, private forensic practice, and hospital settings. Loved the post and how short sentences made it funnier.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5October 16, 2019 2:24 AM

Isn't it a bit late in the game to be attempting this? I feel like social media influencers have past peak. I could be wrong because I loathe social media but it just seems like it's played out.

by Anonymousreply 6October 16, 2019 2:36 AM

[quote]This appears to be a whole industry and they don't do much of anything. I don't understand it. They have conventions and pay to hear speakers that talk but say nothing of substance.

The trick is to con people into thinking you have some special insider info or "secret" to success they can only learn if they buy your program or attend a seminar. These scam artists don't make their "real" money from real estate investing or selling crap on SM.....they make a killing by selling YOU some lame program or system they've developed to do the same.

by Anonymousreply 7October 16, 2019 7:24 AM

So was she able to make it work?

by Anonymousreply 8November 16, 2019 3:45 AM

I can't believe some still have hags... not tired of being an emotional tampon?

by Anonymousreply 9November 16, 2019 3:59 AM

Fruit flies, R9! Hags as a collective noun is so last century!

by Anonymousreply 10November 16, 2019 4:11 AM

I’m getting Shanann Watts vibes about her. Does she wear the creepy health patches and recruit people into her MLM patch wearing cabal?

by Anonymousreply 11November 16, 2019 4:28 AM

Tell her that influencers don't email.

by Anonymousreply 12November 16, 2019 4:30 AM

Awww, I am glad it worked out for ya'all. You should celebrate by getting a shitty chow mein and orange chicken bowl from Panda Express.

by Anonymousreply 13January 25, 2020 12:51 AM

Is she good-looking enough to utilize RStyle to shill Chinese rags from AMZN to overweight mommies? If not, she's doomed to poverty.

by Anonymousreply 14February 11, 2020 12:07 PM

Late stage capitalism.

by Anonymousreply 15February 11, 2020 12:24 PM

What is a full-time social media maven? Why do you have a hag?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16February 11, 2020 12:27 PM

OP here again. She's styled herself as a "full time digital strategist for coaches and entrepreneurs". She's basically just retweeting other douchebag's stuff. All of them seem like full of shit life coaches, another "industry" that I just don't understand. I'm not seeing how she's making any money, but she hasn't tried to get another real job yet so... R16, We've been friends since middle school. Our relationship has cooled some because her husband is a big right wing freak. Like he believes in Qanon kind of freak.

by Anonymousreply 17February 14, 2020 4:13 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!