Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

This Song Is About To Blow Up

"Hey Winter" is going to be the "Hey There, Delilah" of 2019/2020

Band is AJR -- three brothers, NJBs who go/went to Columbia from Chelsea originally.

It's already starting to get a decent amount of airplay on alternative stations and they have a few other songs that have been minor hits but this seems poised to go big.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17February 23, 2021 8:22 AM

It's a charming song and I liked it enough to add it to my library but the video was posted on April 5th and has amassed just 8 million views. That's good but those numbers don't really indicate a song that is poised to go big.

by Anonymousreply 1September 26, 2019 2:25 AM

Fair enough R1, but it is the third single from an album that was released in April and it seems to be getting a lot of traction on radio now, on a range of stations and seems to be the sort of song that would appeal to older audiences as well as younger ones.

Though that may be my own prejudices towards songs with thoughtful lyrics.

by Anonymousreply 2September 26, 2019 12:58 PM

And the lyrics are gay friendly

by Anonymousreply 3September 26, 2019 1:00 PM

[quote]the "Hey There, Delilah" of 2019/2020

BWAH HAHAHA

HAHAHAHA!!!!!!

HAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHA!!!!!!

Nice try, whore publicist.

by Anonymousreply 4September 26, 2019 1:06 PM

I keep hearing their other song on the radio.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5December 2, 2020 6:21 AM

what did I just see?

by Anonymousreply 6December 2, 2020 6:34 AM

It doesn't hurt that they're kind of cute.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7December 2, 2020 6:50 AM

Their DL Stan obviously has very high TWEE tolerance. This is navel gazing garbage.

by Anonymousreply 8December 2, 2020 6:53 AM

Listening to them, I'm reminded of fun.

by Anonymousreply 9December 2, 2020 6:54 AM

OP, you're not going to make it happen.

"Dear Winter" was released a year ago and got middling airplay. "Bang" was released 9 months ago and still gets plenty of airplay. "Dear Winter" had its chance and went to 28 on the alt charts, then they released "Bang" which has done MUCH better across several charts. "Dear Winter" is over.

by Anonymousreply 10December 2, 2020 6:55 AM

1974 called. Folk music is on it's way out, bud. But if you go out and buy something called an "Electric Keyboard" you just may make it through the end of 70s, just in time to introduce yourselves to something called DISCO! Meh, whatever-- you'll be working in a Home Depot in 3...2...1...

by Anonymousreply 11December 2, 2020 6:57 AM

Oh crap. I'm R10 and just realized this thread was started over a year ago. I gotta look at the posting dates before I get on my hight horse (can't see the posting dates from up there).

Whatever the case, "Dear Winter" did not blow up even with OP giving the college try.

by Anonymousreply 12December 2, 2020 6:57 AM

"Bang" has been playing at my gym every fucking day for months and it's one of the worst pieces of shit in recent memory.

by Anonymousreply 13February 23, 2021 12:38 AM

Music to have an abortion to

by Anonymousreply 14February 23, 2021 12:58 AM

Shill OP say what now?

by Anonymousreply 15February 23, 2021 1:04 AM

Dear OP Publicist Whore:

What are NJBs who go to Columbia called?

by Anonymousreply 16February 23, 2021 3:35 AM

[quote]What are NJBs who go to Columbia called?

NJBs

by Anonymousreply 17February 23, 2021 8:22 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!