Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

You got $17 spare for "luxury" KitKat bars?

Of course you do.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13September 24, 2019 9:33 PM

What the fuck is ruby chocolate?

by Anonymousreply 1September 24, 2019 12:00 PM

Am I the only one that reads stories like this and doesn’t think about buying this stuff, but creating my own version and selling it? Come on dl entrepreneurs, let’s create our own overpriced, jazzed-up shit! We’re creative and love junk food too!

by Anonymousreply 2September 24, 2019 12:07 PM

I was in Tokyo last month, and KitKats are practically sacred there. Every prefecture in Japan has its own kind of KitKat based on local cuisine or goods and whatnot. It's fascinating, and I wound up buying so many, I had to buy an extra suitcase while I was there.

Luckily, most of them were 2 or 3 dollars for a normal "fun size" bag.

They also have KitKat "Chocolatories" that are fancier and more expensive. I bought a few things there as well. Fancier packaging, mostly, but a lot of fun. Mt favorites so far have been Rum Raisin, Coconut and Wasabi (pretty much white chocolate with a little kick at the end.) I bought a tonb of Matcha and Green tea flavored ones because a friend asked for them, but I didn't like them as much as others. Also really unimpressed with the apple ones that wound up being the most expensive (I think $8 for a fancy box)

I can't wait to go back and get more.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3September 24, 2019 12:20 PM

[quote] Am I the only one that reads stories like this and doesn’t think about buying this stuff, but creating my own version and selling it?

I am with you on the creating my own version part, but not to sell it, but eat it myself or maybe hand it out to friends or offer it at parties I host.

by Anonymousreply 4September 24, 2019 12:32 PM

R2, you’re not alone. One of these days I want to make my own Twix bars.

There’s a place near me that sells fancy Rice Krispie treats. Wish I’d thought of it first.

by Anonymousreply 5September 24, 2019 12:52 PM

R5 Twix is much easier to replicate, as it is easy to make shortbread cookies, (or use Walker's) Wafers I should think would be harder for an amateur home baker/confectioner.... as they're so thin and delicate. I'm good with the regular ones, (love chunky), as the combos didn't seem all to appealing to me. To much going on, not to mention a bit spendy.

by Anonymousreply 6September 24, 2019 1:05 PM

^Don't know how autocorrect changed both "toos"....

by Anonymousreply 7September 24, 2019 1:06 PM

You should all easily be able to afford this

by Anonymousreply 8September 24, 2019 1:12 PM

R8 I could, but it still does not translate to me wanting to spend the money on these. If I feel I need something special, I'm going to splurge on something a bit more exclusive than Nestlé-Hershey at this price.

by Anonymousreply 9September 24, 2019 1:23 PM

R6, yes! The Walker’s are even the right shape.

Manner makes a long wafer cookie, and there are different flavors.

We can make our own damn candy bars.

by Anonymousreply 10September 24, 2019 1:35 PM

Ruby chocolate is a new variety. Uses a different type of cocoa bean, doesn't taste like cocoa- kind of tart. It is a shade of pink, you know, for the millennials.

by Anonymousreply 11September 24, 2019 2:02 PM

Twix are too "crunchy". (Yuck).

The wasabi Kit-Kat bars are the best, imho.

by Anonymousreply 12September 24, 2019 2:30 PM

[quote]You got $17 spare for "luxury" KitKat bars?

Give me break, give me a break.

by Anonymousreply 13September 24, 2019 9:33 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!