Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Meet Goop's cunt cousin

Demanded that workers be fired from WeWork, where she's an exec, because she "didn't like their energy."

Leona Helmsley would be so proud.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 185October 25, 2019 1:48 PM

Well, she's the very definition of a hatchet face.

by Anonymousreply 1September 22, 2019 4:08 PM

Looks like a sad wig

by Anonymousreply 2September 22, 2019 4:09 PM

I applied for a job 2 years ago. Went through 2 rounds of interviews and then had a lunch meeting with the CEO. He told me over lunch that he wasn’t sure we “vibed” because I had “low energy”. Later that week I get the standard rejection letter. It’s hard enough to be an introvert in the workplace but this pseudo spiritual “energy” “aura” BS is especially hard on introverts. So yeah. I’m not that surprised but totally agree, what a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 3September 22, 2019 4:12 PM

So this thread isn't about Katherine Moennig?

by Anonymousreply 4September 22, 2019 4:14 PM

I do find most interactions with the uber wealthy totally draining. They always want to be entertained with little effort by themselves. You did yourself a favour not working there.

by Anonymousreply 5September 22, 2019 4:18 PM

r3, why would an introvert agree to a one-on-one lunch with the CEO and expect a different outcome? In every job interview you have to sell yourself like a virgin whore. Introverts can't, or refuse to, do that.

by Anonymousreply 6September 22, 2019 4:19 PM

She has no problem firing people, because she can’t relate. Money or scarcity has obviously never been an issue in her life.

by Anonymousreply 7September 22, 2019 4:21 PM

^ have

by Anonymousreply 8September 22, 2019 4:22 PM

She is a spoiled cunt. She shares GOOP's tainted and nutty DNA did anyone expect anything else?

by Anonymousreply 9September 22, 2019 4:25 PM

How is Goop her first cousin? Who are her parents? She looks Jewish and her first name is spelled R-E-B-E-K-A-H, so I'm gonna guess she's on the Jewish Paltrow side.

by Anonymousreply 10September 22, 2019 4:26 PM

The rich no longer hide their disdain for the common work force. Big shocker.

by Anonymousreply 11September 22, 2019 4:26 PM

R6 I did! He was looking for something that I couldn’t give him that day and certainly couldn’t give him every day in the workplace. I did get a job after and had a few offers to chose from in the end so I’m not playing the violin for myself but I’m pointing out that there is a breed of entrepreneurs/employers particularly at start ups who are using “energy” to influence their hiring choices. A friend was asked to do a job interview in the gym for a tech startup. His potential boss wanted to stop and “ALRIGHT 🖐🏻“ “Ya man ✋🏻“ “Come through bro ✋🏻“ every 2 minutes. My friend ran out of there and he didn’t get the job. He said that guy would drain you like a vampire. Some people used to traditional workplaces might be a bit shocked of think GOOP’s cousin is a total rare nutter but her bullshit is becoming more common.

by Anonymousreply 12September 22, 2019 4:27 PM

Low energy = too gay

by Anonymousreply 13September 22, 2019 4:31 PM

cuntsin

by Anonymousreply 14September 22, 2019 4:35 PM

Too gay= too much energy.

This girl does not eat food and needs other people's energy to sustain her. But if I were in charge, I would also terminate based on 'energy', my instincts for people is frighteningly accurate.

by Anonymousreply 15September 22, 2019 4:38 PM

omg...bitch from hell face.....most unfortunate.

by Anonymousreply 16September 22, 2019 4:48 PM

tragic camel face, is she a lesbian?

by Anonymousreply 17September 22, 2019 5:05 PM

I'm no Goop fan, but I think it's rather unfair to throw her name in almost like blaming her for her idiot cousin.

by Anonymousreply 18September 22, 2019 5:12 PM

Ugly of face.

by Anonymousreply 19September 22, 2019 5:16 PM

Face of ugly.

by Anonymousreply 20September 22, 2019 5:20 PM

They are losing money at WeWork and no one can figure out how they'll ever make money. When the company inevitably goes bankrupt, I can guarantee you that the employees will feel all the pain and Rebekah here will get off scot free.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21September 22, 2019 5:21 PM

Looks like a typical LI Yenta. I bet she knows Jessica Seinfeld.

by Anonymousreply 22September 22, 2019 5:22 PM

Is there anyone named Rebekah who isn't a ghoulish cunt? The Mercer witch and now this one?

by Anonymousreply 23September 22, 2019 5:24 PM

The husband at R21 is a douche. I could tell he was a fraud years ago when CBS Sunday Morning featured him. It was all pie in the sky with no legitimate explanation on how money is made.

by Anonymousreply 24September 22, 2019 5:24 PM

I bet she [italic]loves[/italic] Jessica Seinfeld.

by Anonymousreply 25September 22, 2019 5:24 PM

Women like this cunt are all over NYC.

by Anonymousreply 26September 23, 2019 12:34 AM

Why the long face?

by Anonymousreply 27September 23, 2019 12:48 AM

Anorexics are the worst to have to work, live or interact with...the weirdness, rigidity, and extreme neurosis, extends way beyond their nutrient ingestion or lack of.

by Anonymousreply 28September 23, 2019 12:59 AM

Those WeWork places are all over SoHo. All over. And yes, r26 is correct. Entitled cunts. I take pleasure in thinking about what their husbands get up to.

by Anonymousreply 29September 23, 2019 1:35 AM

Pretty-pretty?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30September 23, 2019 1:40 AM

I’ll bet you a hundred bucks she’s a total cunt to her nanny, and that woman is getting revenge in a hundred different ways.

by Anonymousreply 31September 23, 2019 2:00 AM

She’s the kind of ugly that can’t live in reality. She wouldn’t be able to leave her house with any confidence if she isn’t completely delusional.

by Anonymousreply 32September 23, 2019 2:07 AM

She is one ugly woman on the outside, apparently inside too.

by Anonymousreply 33September 23, 2019 2:13 AM

Go away, horse! Ain't no oats in these bags! 🐎

by Anonymousreply 34September 23, 2019 2:14 AM

Millennials grew-up with their fingers on the DELETE button. They really believe they can create a magical unicorn world of their very own. Though they would never outright fire you, they would passive-aggressively ostracize you til you just went away.

by Anonymousreply 35September 23, 2019 3:11 AM

Wework is some kind of girift

by Anonymousreply 36September 23, 2019 3:13 AM

Grift. Dammit.

by Anonymousreply 37September 23, 2019 4:49 AM

She looks like a cunt. Women with horsey faces should never do flat long hair without bangs. Fuck this bitch!

by Anonymousreply 38September 23, 2019 6:00 AM

Rebekah Neumann, let’s make sure to post her full name, is a tiresome CUNT! Make sure that anorexic trash whore gets a Google Alert.

by Anonymousreply 39September 23, 2019 7:04 AM

Is this like let me analyze your blood grift?

by Anonymousreply 40September 23, 2019 7:10 AM

Evil jewish trash.

by Anonymousreply 41September 23, 2019 7:22 AM

[quote]there is a breed of entrepreneurs/employers particularly at start ups who are using “energy” to influence their hiring choices

You know this "low energy" or "not vibing" thing is just bullshit to cover sketchy reasons for not hiring, like "too gay" or "not pretty enough." It has nothing to do with you being an introvert, everyone in tech is an introvert, they're just being spacey rich assholes.

by Anonymousreply 42September 23, 2019 7:37 AM

This lady is old R35, she wouldn't be a millennial if you shaved a decade off her.

by Anonymousreply 43September 23, 2019 7:38 AM

R43

She is, indeed, Gen X, but she missed being a millennial by two years.

Some people just look old.

by Anonymousreply 44September 23, 2019 8:11 AM

R36, I agree. Like that Afterpay scheme. I’m not smart enough to know how it works, but it’s not apparent to me how they actually make any money.

Of course, that may be the point.

by Anonymousreply 45September 23, 2019 8:14 AM

Apparently her hairstylist and gay friends low-key hate her guts. Long, straight, dark, and parted in the middle is the absolute WORST hairstyle you can pick if you have a long, thin, narrow horseface like hers.

by Anonymousreply 46September 23, 2019 8:51 AM

So what does WeWork do exactly? Real Estate for companies?

by Anonymousreply 47September 23, 2019 8:54 AM

I am surprised she isn't a DL Patron Saint by now. You just know DLers would worship her if it turns out that she got a Frau, Deplorable, or Lady Gaga / Janet Jackson / Madonna fan fired.

by Anonymousreply 48September 23, 2019 8:55 AM

Btw, Gabby Giffords, the congresswoman who survived getting shot in the head, is yet another cousin of Goop (I'm assuming from the WASP side?). They've never met each other though.

by Anonymousreply 49September 23, 2019 8:55 AM

"I am Gwen Paltrow's cousin", ha!

by Anonymousreply 50September 23, 2019 9:06 AM

Carwash cunt. x

by Anonymousreply 51September 23, 2019 9:30 AM

When the peasants finally rebel, her big ol head will look great on a stick.

by Anonymousreply 52September 23, 2019 9:54 AM

Michèle Bennett AKA Madame Baby Doc - also a Goop cousin.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53September 23, 2019 10:02 AM

Imelda Marcos - yep, another cousin

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54September 23, 2019 10:11 AM

Is she a spoiled heiress like Gwyndolyn Goopster or does she have to make this WeWork thing work to make her marriage and her fortune work?

Now I want to interview with her and her husband just to be extra defiant and creepy at them. I’ll tell her I can feel her trying to penetrate my aura but that I have patron demons fortifying my forcefield and the more she tries to break through, the more of her soul they will consume.

by Anonymousreply 55September 23, 2019 10:11 AM

At the end of our interview, I would say it was delightful to meet you but I do wish never to feel your vibrations in Aspen or Moustique.

by Anonymousreply 56September 23, 2019 10:15 AM

WeWork isn't a tech company. Also as of yesterday, last time I checked, the money is looking to dump Adam Neumann as CEO

Ha!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57September 23, 2019 10:20 AM

But R56 I need to feel your vibrations in me!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58September 23, 2019 10:21 AM

“Chief brand and impact officer” is that a new way to say she’s In charge of bullshit?

by Anonymousreply 59September 23, 2019 10:40 AM

I’d love to be there for her altercations with Millennials:

“Do you KNOW who I am?!”

“Huh? No.”

“I am Gwyneth Paltrow’s cousin!”

“Who?”

“The MOVIE STAR Gwyneth Paltrow!”

*shrug*

“GOOP.”

“Um. Blorp?”

“Her mother does Boniva commercials.”

“Oh, HER! She was a teacher on GLEE.”

“Yes. That’s my cousin.”

“She was on, like, two episodes?”

“Yes.”

“OK. And she’s your cousin.”

“Yes.”

“Um. OK. My cousin has 600k followers on Instagram.”

“I DO NOT LIKE YOUR ENERGY!!!”

by Anonymousreply 60September 23, 2019 10:47 AM

Wow, R10, you really cracked the case. Can’t put one past you.

by Anonymousreply 61September 23, 2019 11:25 AM

What a homely plain Jane that broad is. You'd think, like most less than attractive girls, she'd have a level of shyness and modesty rather than being such an arrogant slag. If she looks in the mirror at all she clearly does not see what's on the other side.

by Anonymousreply 62September 23, 2019 1:54 PM

Looks like she's got a nice little grift going on with WeWork. I would LOVE to see their financials.

by Anonymousreply 63September 23, 2019 1:56 PM

Uh oh. They want her husband out.

He should have bought her a little boutique to run. She started sticking her nose into his business. See where that gets you, dude?

by Anonymousreply 64September 23, 2019 4:12 PM

One damn ugly bitch

by Anonymousreply 65September 24, 2019 2:10 AM

[Quote] So this thread isn't about Katherine Moennig?

Omg i thought you were joking.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66September 24, 2019 12:25 PM

There’s a rumor that (allegedly!) GOOP enlisted Brad Pitt to “get ahead of” the story that she fucked Weinstein early in her career to get ahead. By having Pitt go out with the into before it came out, he could play the heroic alpha male love interest who saved her, and she could cover he tracks proactively.

by Anonymousreply 67September 24, 2019 12:28 PM

The ugly rich are always the worst. At least some of the attractive ones are slightly magnanimous.

by Anonymousreply 68September 24, 2019 12:35 PM

She looks like the love child of Susan Atkins and a horse.

by Anonymousreply 69September 24, 2019 12:51 PM

But I see your instincts for spelling isn’t, R15.

by Anonymousreply 70September 24, 2019 1:09 PM

[quote] I applied for a job 2 years ago. Went through 2 rounds of interviews and then had a lunch meeting with the CEO. He told me over lunch that he wasn’t sure we “vibed” because I had “low energy”

R3, my friend went through exact thing. Rounds and rounds of interviews, and he said some of them were really, really weird. Some girl in charge of "ethics" was the strangest. In fact, he ended up turning them down as he couldn't imagine working there.

by Anonymousreply 71September 24, 2019 1:15 PM

is goops company really on verge of bankruptcy??? I can see why, man she is one gross fug wug mug sug.

by Anonymousreply 72September 24, 2019 4:23 PM

The husband just resigned AKA got shitcanned but they let him say he resigned.

by Anonymousreply 73September 24, 2019 8:50 PM

I guess WeDon'tWork after all.

by Anonymousreply 74September 24, 2019 9:00 PM

Seems none of the investors, mainly the guys within Softbank, could stomach either Adam or Rebekah. As the big money behind the IPO, Softbank forced both to relinquish any involvement in the company. Guess they didn't have the right energy.

by Anonymousreply 75September 24, 2019 9:09 PM

Part of the grift is being uncovered. Example, Neumann trademarked the name and had the company purchase the name for an obscene amount of money. The same was done for some of the buildings used in the gift.

by Anonymousreply 76September 25, 2019 12:03 PM

On Tuesday, billionaire Adam Neumann stepped down from his role as CEO of the office-rental start-up WeWork, in the wake of reports about his outlandish behavior and the company pushing back its once highly anticipated stock IPO.

And while the abrupt, reportedly forced, departure may look like a disaster for WeWork, insiders says it’s actually a relief to employees — and, perhaps, for the CEO himself.

“It’s a great way for him to phase out,” said one top staffer who recently left. “Now he doesn’t have to deliver on all the crazy things he promised. ”

Among Neumann’s reported wildest dreams was creating WeWork Mars — an office space on the red planet. And at a company event in 2018, he said, “There are 150 million orphans in the world. We want to solve this problem and give them a new family: the WeWork family.”

According to a New York magazine story from June, Neumann recently told a person close to the company, “When countries are shooting at each other, I want them to come to me.”

“He clearly is very smart and ambitious,” said a real-estate executive who has had dealings with WeWork. “But he starts talking about some of the more germane aspects of the city’s land-use process, which [is] our specialty, and he has no idea what he’s talking about. Your bulls–t meter just goes off with him. He’s the quintessential person who doesn’t know what they don’t know.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77September 29, 2019 2:22 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78September 29, 2019 2:30 PM

they all keep the money, though

by Anonymousreply 79September 29, 2019 2:41 PM

He is worth 4 billion, for renting cubicles because leasing office space is so expensive.

I absolutely need a scheme and a gift of my own.

by Anonymousreply 80September 29, 2019 2:49 PM

WeWork is a place where "creative" people go to sit on hipster couches and do "work" on their laptops. I'm sure there must be a coffee bar in there. Sounds like a luxury Starbucks, which is where poor entrepreneurial types go to sit all day and "work" on their laptops over a small coffee they finished hours ago. WeWork must have astronomical overhead paying all that rent - they manage 46 million square feet, which is like 46 old school malls.

by Anonymousreply 81September 29, 2019 2:50 PM

R81 WeWork has a bar with “free” (built into rent) coffee and (up to four glasses per day) beer. Two of my coworkers were campaigning for us to move to a WeWork space after we met with a graphic design consultant housed in one and they saw the beer tap. Fucking Millennials.

by Anonymousreply 82September 29, 2019 3:02 PM

R77 eew, both of them are fug.

by Anonymousreply 83September 29, 2019 3:02 PM

He owns a few of these buildings and charges wework to lease the space. I need a grift.

by Anonymousreply 84September 29, 2019 3:03 PM

Ugly cunt.

by Anonymousreply 85September 29, 2019 3:16 PM

She's the World Encyclopedia of Cunt.

by Anonymousreply 86September 29, 2019 3:20 PM

She's cold-sliced cunt.

by Anonymousreply 87September 29, 2019 3:24 PM

What a hideously ugly cunt this Rebekah Neumann creature is. She looks like a typical entitled New York bitch cunt from hell.

by Anonymousreply 88September 29, 2019 3:39 PM

Ironically, calling her a cunt is DL’s version of firing her because of her bad energy.

by Anonymousreply 89September 29, 2019 3:41 PM

I can tell she's very much the type who was pissed when Hillary lost the nom to Obama and then acted like she was behind Obama all along.

by Anonymousreply 90September 29, 2019 3:44 PM

R90 Ya think? She seems like a likely Friend of Jared/Friend of Ivanka New Yorker.

by Anonymousreply 91September 29, 2019 3:45 PM

Also, because she's a cunt, r89.

by Anonymousreply 92September 29, 2019 3:46 PM

Sarah Jessica Parker could play this grotesque bitch in "Cunts and the City: Positive Energies".

by Anonymousreply 93September 29, 2019 4:10 PM

They are taking over so much real estate all over the East Coast, R37. Some kind of money laundering? Front for something.

Hard to see how they make money, same with Uber and Lyft.

by Anonymousreply 94September 29, 2019 4:15 PM

R49 Why so confident the relationship is on the WASP side; Gabby Giffords is of Jewish descent. This GOOP-related creature is utterly repellent, but let's not make this out to be simply because she's Jewish. Several bigoted and disdainful comments already on this thread.

by Anonymousreply 95September 29, 2019 4:36 PM

I think I bet on her at the Kentucky Derby.

by Anonymousreply 96September 29, 2019 4:46 PM

What a horrible woman. But she's related to Goop and married to an Israeli who happens to be a billionaire so what the fuck do you expect?

by Anonymousreply 97September 29, 2019 4:47 PM

R94 They don’t and never will. They’ve pulled their IPO as it’s come out the stock market will value it at less than 50% of their last private valuation. A lot of wealthy people would lose a lot of money hence the rug getting pulled.

by Anonymousreply 98September 29, 2019 4:47 PM

She and her husband are giving up their control from WeWork after their IPO was a disaster.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99September 29, 2019 4:51 PM

He's an ugly fucker as well. They deserve each other.

by Anonymousreply 100September 29, 2019 4:53 PM

Plus R30, she shows way too much of her gums when she smiles...to gummy of a smile for me.

by Anonymousreply 101September 29, 2019 4:56 PM

r99, BOTH husband and wife are cunts and are candidates for a grease fire doused in gasoline.

by Anonymousreply 102September 29, 2019 4:58 PM

She looks even uglier in-motion

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103September 29, 2019 5:02 PM

Some side entertainment viewing...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104September 29, 2019 5:02 PM

Oddly enough, I can see the family resemblance to Goop in R103's clip. They both have the same long face and angular features.

by Anonymousreply 105September 29, 2019 5:17 PM

[quote]Why so confident the relationship is on the WASP side; Gabby Giffords is of Jewish descent. This GOOP-related creature is utterly repellent, but let's not make this out to be simply because she's Jewish. Several bigoted and disdainful comments already on this thread.

Now make this woman Muslim or black and it wouldn't only be "several." It would be all bigoted and disdainful.

by Anonymousreply 106September 29, 2019 5:33 PM

Oh fuck off, you tiresome twat, r106.

by Anonymousreply 107September 29, 2019 5:42 PM

R106, Thank you! Not only the most privileged group in the us BY FAR but the most sensitive. And also the only religion beyond reproach on DL apparently.

by Anonymousreply 108September 29, 2019 5:50 PM

When are women with this level of power black? They're always white and privileged. What a bullshit argument.

by Anonymousreply 109September 29, 2019 6:04 PM

WeWork is very expensive if your client is paying enough for your space.

I have attended meetings there. Full of bros.

by Anonymousreply 110September 29, 2019 6:05 PM

[quote]Oh fuck off, you tiresome twat, [R106].

Coming from a self-absorbed, selfish person like yourself, I'll take it as a compliment. You haven't the capacity to feel empathy. It's always about you, even in a thread like this where it's hardly about bringing Hitler back, you get all triggered. Meanwhile, you have no problem with threads where it's open season on other groups. You're a selfish, exhausting idiot.

by Anonymousreply 111September 29, 2019 7:07 PM

Oh dear, Hunty r111 is having a Midol Day.

by Anonymousreply 112September 29, 2019 7:11 PM

Oh my r111 has been busy projecting all of her anger on others.

by Anonymousreply 113September 29, 2019 7:12 PM

[quote]Coming from a self-absorbed, selfish person like yourself, I'll take it as a compliment. You haven't the capacity to feel empathy. It's always about you

The only thing I care about darling is that you think I'm thin.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114September 29, 2019 7:15 PM

Sure, R112. The person who called me a "twat" isn't the one on the rag for stating precisely how it works on DL. Shall I point to the threads where vile things are said about other groups, meanwhile, this person is pissed because GOOP's cousin is merely being called a Yenta.

R113, you don't know what projecting means.

by Anonymousreply 115September 29, 2019 7:15 PM

Oh dear, r115 is still ranting.

by Anonymousreply 116September 29, 2019 7:20 PM

Responding is not ranting, but continue your nonsense. Believe me, sweetheart, a lot of us who were on DL for 20 years, see how it's gone downhill where racism and bigotry is allowed, but the targets must be approved and usually by those who think even innocuous comments about GOOP's cousin are just beyond the pale. "GASP!"

by Anonymousreply 117September 29, 2019 7:24 PM

If you live in NYC, you've known many entitled, horrible cunts like Rebekah Neumann. They're truly vile.

by Anonymousreply 118September 29, 2019 7:26 PM

r115 perhaps you're too sensitive for DL. It's a pretty rough place. And many of us don't live in the utopian fantasy world you'd like to be reality.

by Anonymousreply 119September 29, 2019 7:26 PM

R117, this should help get out all that sand...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120September 29, 2019 7:32 PM

The New York Post ran a scathing article on him yesterday. Here's my favorite part:

His erratic behavior led some staffers to retaliate. When, in June 2018, he abruptly announced that WeWork was banning meat at employee events and would no long­er reimburse staff for dinners of beef, poultry or pork, beleaguered workers found a way to strike back. According to one source, some started expensing pricey lobster meals. Others opted for the fanciest veggies they could find.

“People were going to ­Michelin-starred vegetarian restaurants,” said a former engineer.

He added that the way the ­no-meat announcement was handled was a mess.

“They said they were banning meat, but then didn’t explain whether people could bring meat [to the office for lunch]. Then it was clarified that you can eat meat. Then it was, ‘You can’t eat meat during the workday at all,’ ” the former engineer said. “There was then talk that we couldn’t eat meat in the workroom. Then it was clarified that you could bring and eat meat at work, but WeWork won’t fund it anymore.”

According to the Wall Street Journal article, employees witnessed Neumann eating meat after the announcement.

The confusion around the ban, the former engineer said, “was a turning point at the company. Most people felt like management was talking down [to them], rather than working with [them].”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121September 29, 2019 8:00 PM

[quote]Most people felt management was talking down [to them], rather than working with [them].

Welcome to Corporate America, bitch. I've worked for several well known companies that do stuff like that. Obviously, not to that extreme, but they try to control the lives of their employees.

by Anonymousreply 122September 29, 2019 8:11 PM

Hey Rebekah, why the long face?

by Anonymousreply 123September 29, 2019 8:13 PM

Fuck that. You leave a job like that, r122. I have.

by Anonymousreply 124September 29, 2019 8:13 PM

That is hilarious, R121 and completely unsurprising. These types are always do as I say, not as I do.

We Works continues to buy up properties in my East Coast city. What will they become when it fails? Some have been expensively rennovated. I have wondered if it was a front for something. Is there SUCH a need for temp office space? For people who work remotely, many prefer to do it at home so they can deduct part of their rent/mortgage.

The We Works and Coves I have seen all have huge street floor windows, seems to be a very distracting work environment. They are so expensive but people are stared at like they are in the zoo, too funny.

by Anonymousreply 125September 29, 2019 8:23 PM

[quote]We Holdings LLC, of which he is a managing member, finagled to trademark the word “we,” to much outcry. Neumann then turned around and, in January of this year, sold the “we” right to his real-estate company, ­reportedly pocketing $5.9 million for it. He later returned the money after a public flogging.

[quote]He has also caught flak for buying properties that he then leased back to WeWork, murkily becoming both landlord and tenant.

Now THAT'S some shameless shit!

by Anonymousreply 126September 29, 2019 8:41 PM

“There are 150 million orphans in the world. We want to solve this problem and give them a new family: the WeWork family.”

So Neumann's ambition was to start a workhouse with orphans?

by Anonymousreply 127September 29, 2019 8:45 PM

Indeed, R126.

by Anonymousreply 128September 29, 2019 8:50 PM

OP is frau cunt

by Anonymousreply 129September 29, 2019 8:51 PM

Pretty sure he also used WW as collateral for some of the private loans that he used to buy the properties that he then leased back to WW. Talk about a Ponzi scheme.

Who/what is the whole thing fronting for?

by Anonymousreply 130September 29, 2019 8:51 PM

Only fraus use the word "twat". It's a tell.

by Anonymousreply 131September 29, 2019 8:51 PM

[quote]Who/what is the whole thing fronting for?

Mossad?

by Anonymousreply 132September 29, 2019 8:52 PM

r129, your misplaced anger is a little puzzling. Or are you a fan of Rebekah's style?

by Anonymousreply 133September 29, 2019 8:53 PM

Who knows, R132. Guess they are often a contendor?

All these properties sitting mainly vacant all day. Great locations in major cities. Odd.

by Anonymousreply 134September 29, 2019 8:54 PM

Have any of you tried to figure out their “business model”? It’s not even something that anyone could consider as viable.

These people have a vision, but have absolutely no idea how to execute that into profit. Say whatever you want about Paltrow and Goop, but at least she sells tangible products.

In my experience, this is the moment all with half a brain abandon ship. Actually, they should have abandoned ship many months ago. People that currently work there would be wise to look for employment elsewhere, ASAP.

by Anonymousreply 135September 29, 2019 9:04 PM

Forgot to link this...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136September 29, 2019 9:09 PM

And this...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137September 29, 2019 9:10 PM

And this...

And btw, I link these articles, while prognosticating failure, because I’ve been through several IPOs. I’m familiar with what works, and what doesn’t work, and why.

WeWork doesn’t work.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 138September 29, 2019 9:13 PM

WeWork bought the Lord & Taylor building on 5th Avenue. Where *is* the money coming from?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139September 30, 2019 2:24 AM

[quote]Have any of you tried to figure out their “business model”? It’s not even something that anyone could consider as viable.

This is a big topic of conversation in NYC right now. It's assumed by everyone something very shady is going on.

by Anonymousreply 140September 30, 2019 2:29 AM

Some dumb foreign bank dropped a fortune on them for who know what reason, beyond some kind of money laundering. So much of shady business is always about money laundering.

by Anonymousreply 141September 30, 2019 2:31 AM

WeWork really doesn't seem like a particularly good or viable business model, the money can't be all legit.

by Anonymousreply 142September 30, 2019 2:33 AM

WeWork and nail salons, the two shadiest businesses in NYC.

by Anonymousreply 143September 30, 2019 2:35 AM

Now We Don’t Work.

by Anonymousreply 144September 30, 2019 2:38 AM

They don't have to work, take the money and run. Fucking grifters

by Anonymousreply 145September 30, 2019 2:42 AM

Seriously r145. They already have enough money for 10 lifetimes. If the shit really hits the fan, watch them flee the country and never come back.

by Anonymousreply 146September 30, 2019 2:45 AM

Lovin' it!

by Anonymousreply 147September 30, 2019 3:15 AM

Wonder what will happen to the properties? In my city they have several buildings & partial buildings in about 2 sq miles. It is pretty nuts.

by Anonymousreply 148September 30, 2019 3:17 AM

You go bro!

by Anonymousreply 149September 30, 2019 3:17 AM

They have big ad campaigns running promoting the amorphous brand, but the buildings always look to be mostly empty. Hmmm.

by Anonymousreply 150September 30, 2019 3:30 AM

R108 You must be a newcomer here if you think Jews are inviolate here on DL. There are anti-Jewish slurs all over this forum. Furthermore the hatred doesn't stem from those with an objection to the religion per se, but more so from bigoted if not racist mindsets that perpetrate the memes, tropes, stereotypes, and slurs.

People should also remember not all Jews are Israelis, or Americans, or support Likud and Netanyahu. If not truly bigoted, the balance of the hate stems from young Americans seeing Israel as an Apartheid state. This they feel comfortable blaming all Jews for. You shouldn't hate those you believe to be privileged either, just because they may appear successful. There are far more privileged people throughout the world if you insist on creating a pecking order. There exists many poor and middle-class Jews as well.

by Anonymousreply 151September 30, 2019 3:54 AM

The Fall of WeWork's Adam Newmann, in Fast Company.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 152September 30, 2019 11:20 AM

Those articles are JUICY!

by Anonymousreply 153September 30, 2019 7:12 PM

Nothing to see here but jealous people tearing down visionaries!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 154September 30, 2019 7:19 PM

He didn't fall and he didn't fail, he is worth 4 bill. Their investors will be left holding the bag. They purchased buildings  using loans and leased them back to his own company.He is even making money leasing the name of the company which he also owns!!

by Anonymousreply 155October 1, 2019 12:20 AM

That sounds like it should be illegal, r155.

by Anonymousreply 156October 1, 2019 12:35 AM

Neumann and wife, Rebekah, were shopping on Fifth for an apartment, aiming to reside among the city’s wealthy elite. But, according to a well-placed real estate insider, he was shocked that the co-op boards of at least three fancy buildings, including 950 and 960 Fifth Ave., responded, “He need not even apply.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 157October 4, 2019 5:10 AM

[quote]I’ll bet you a hundred bucks she’s a total cunt to her nanny, and that woman is getting revenge in a hundred different ways.

Are you insinuating that her nanny is fucking the husband? If so, I wouldn't consider that "getting revenge," seeing as how he's just as fucking ugly as his wife.

by Anonymousreply 158October 4, 2019 1:42 PM

As my father used to say "uglier than a mud fence in July."

by Anonymousreply 159October 4, 2019 7:28 PM

WeWork IPO fail is unique

The largest tenant in all of New York City — WeWork, with 5.2 million square feet of space — shelved its plans to go public on Monday, a week after ditching its controversial co-founder and CEO, Adam Neumann.

While most Wall Street savants think WeWork’s failed initial public offering was a harbinger of things to come in the IPO market, the truth is that the reason for the failure lies in WeWork’s untested and fatally flawed business model.

WeWork isn’t just a tenant — it is also a landlord. It typically rents large spaces, then creates ultra-modern workspaces out of them to re-rent out on short-term leases. It also owns some of the buildings in which it rents out spaces.

The WeWork idea is great for startups, people who want to network or even companies that wish to have a flexible presence in a city without having to manage the space or deal with long-term contracts.

But too much of WeWork’s space is dedicated to communal areas: couches, cubbyholes and chit-chat spots that do not generate revenue.

And that’s a problem in high-rent cities like New York, London and Washington, DC, where space is at a premium.

WeWork hasn’t even experienced the down times — yet it can’t make money even in this best of economic climates. For the first six months of 2019, the company lost $689.7 million on revenues of just $1.54 billion.

So it’s really no surprise that the IPO roadshow wasn’t well received — especially considering Neumann sold $750 million worth of stock leading up to it.

Kudos to WeWork parent We Co. for picking up on the space needs of the telecommuter and startup markets. But it has too many meaningful operational problems for its IPO to have been a success.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 160October 7, 2019 2:50 AM

WeWork’s long-term lease in the former Lord & Taylor building in which it has planned to put its headquarters is becoming an albatross for the embattled company, sources said.

Since WeWork signed the lease in February it is the lone tenant in the 424 5th Avenue building and is paying rent that is well above market, an average of $105 a square foot including office and retail space at the nearly 700,000 square foot location, sources close to the situation said. That is $73.5 million annually.

WeWork originally said it would make the Lord & Taylor site its headquarters. It had an apparent change of heart last summer, when it began talks with Jeff Bezos for Amazon to lease most or all of the building. The WSJ in July reported a deal was in the works.

But the discussions broke down, sources said.

A source close to WeWork insisted that talks are not over.

Still, Amazon, as The Post reported in August, is close to a deal to lease 400,000 square feet at SL Green’s 460 West 34th Street.

WeWork signs long-term leases in buildings and then sub-leases them usually on a short-term basis at higher rates.

Tech companies have expressed interest over the last six months in the space, a source familiar with the situation said.

SEE ALSO

WeWork is proof that the IPO market is in trouble WeWork also is considering using half the space for its headquarters, the source said.

This is believed to be WeWork’s biggest lease.

The Lord & Taylor building’s floor area is nearly twice as much as at any of WeWork’s other city locations. WeWork is Manhattan’s largest office tenant with over five million square feet.

WeWork leased the space in a deal rife with potential conflicts which might have led to it agreeing to a very expensive lease, sources said.

A separate company, WeWork Property Investors, “ARK”, bought the building in January for $850 million. ARK then leased space to WeWork, the operating company.

WeWork Founder Adam Neumann controlled both WeWork and its property arm, sources said.

“Adam pushed everything through as he was the majority owner on everything and nobody ever said no to him,” the source close to the situation said. “This was Adam’s way of profiting off the money-losing operating side.”

WeWork is current with its payments, and can only break the lease if it goes bankrupt, a source said.

“Without the previously anticipated funding to shore them up, the building is now a huge problem,” the source close to the situation said, referring to WeWork’s pulled IPO last month.

JPMorgan and Starwood Property Trust gave Ark a $600 million mortgage for the Lord & Taylor building purchase.

SEE ALSO

Ex-WeWork CEO Adam Neumann rejected by multiple co-op boards The Post reported exclusively last week that JPMorgan and other banks were in talks with WeWork about some kind of financing package.

“JPMorgan has to give WeWork a loan or ARK will default,” the source close to the situation said.

Sanford Bernstein last week in a research report said WeWork without new funding could run out of money next year.

ARK investors include Candian pension Caisse De Depot and Rhone Capital.

The co-head of ARK, Wendy Silverstein, resigned last month.

“We are fully committed to meeting our obligations with the Lord and Taylor building, a marquee and historic asset that we are excited to continue revitalizing,” a WeWork spokesperson said.

JPMorgan declined comment. ARK and Neumann did not return calls.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 161October 7, 2019 2:53 AM

[quote] He didn't fall and he didn't fail, he is worth 4 bill.

Oh please. He’s worth about as much as Elizabeth Holmes. Read: less than zero.

Also, what’s left of NY Society refuses him entrance. It’s game over for him here.

by Anonymousreply 162October 7, 2019 3:03 AM

According to these articles he sold a huge chunk of shares last month, he's good.

by Anonymousreply 163October 7, 2019 3:34 AM

I see him re-emerging in some jetty and corrupt Mediterranean capital such as Marbella, Nice, Athens, Beirut (if they can deal with a Jew), Tel Aviv. Maybe Dubai. He'd got a few more grifts in him and he probably wants to try that child trafficking he was hinting at.

by Anonymousreply 164October 7, 2019 11:45 AM

These people.

by Anonymousreply 165October 8, 2019 9:29 PM

She looks like a Jew

by Anonymousreply 166October 8, 2019 9:38 PM

Don’t insult Jews.

by Anonymousreply 167October 14, 2019 12:45 PM

All I saw was a map of Israel.

by Anonymousreply 168October 14, 2019 12:59 PM

Adam Neumann seems like an ugly, New York version of Brad Falchuk. Surprise!

I feel like rich Jewish gals like Rebekah go for that 70’s look, I wonder why?

by Anonymousreply 169October 14, 2019 1:04 PM

Oy oy dou-a-ble oy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 170October 14, 2019 1:18 PM

and you can puncuate it

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 171October 14, 2019 1:19 PM

When did he hint about child trafficking?!

We Work has snatched up prime real estate in my city, the spaces always appear to be empty. Odd business. Cove always has a few people on laptops. All the buildings of these places have huge windows, some were previously retail, so anyone using them gets stared at like they are an exhibit in the zoo. Starbucks is free. People used to work at home and save money on their taxes. I do not understand the industry or why it expanded so rapidly.

by Anonymousreply 172October 16, 2019 1:38 PM

I blame Sarah Jessica Parker for this rash of shrews running around thinking they look good. Same aesthetic

by Anonymousreply 173October 16, 2019 2:35 PM

R172, I noticed these all over the place in downtown Manhattan. Being an out-of-touch Old Person, I assumed that “WeWork” was a temp agency.

Also assuming that the appeal of these places is the opportunity to “network” and hook up with other yuppie younguns. That’s what I’d use it for if I were young and hot again.

by Anonymousreply 174October 16, 2019 2:41 PM

She would benefit greatly from ten extra pounds. Living on the Upper East Side, I see these women every day. Being thin is the only way to “best” other women. Oh, they also have very expensive and complicated handbags, and wear things like camo print and wedgie sneakers with spikes and fur vests. If I threw a rock anywhere up here, I’d hit her doppelgänger.

by Anonymousreply 175October 16, 2019 2:46 PM

The great thing about L.A. is that there are fewer of these types. Take that, NY bitches.

by Anonymousreply 176October 17, 2019 3:14 PM

Are they American or Israeli?

by Anonymousreply 177October 17, 2019 3:17 PM

R177 they're grifters

by Anonymousreply 178October 17, 2019 11:56 PM

WeWork paid so much for the former Lord & Taylor building off Bryant Park, it can no longer afford to move in, The Post has learned.

Officials within WeWork’s real estate leasing business have told employees in recent days that they are ditching plans to make the former department store their headquarters, a source with direct knowledge told The Post.

Staffers have chalked up the change-up to the stiff lease the office-leasing company agreed to pay for the building — part owned by its ex chief executive, Adam Neumann.

Soon after a group of investors, including Neumann, bought the building for $850 million earlier this year, WeWork signed a long-term lease at a stiff $105 per square foot. As The Post has reported, that’s well above the $80-a-square-foot that’s more typical of buildings in the area.

“They know it makes no sense,” the source said. “As a headquarters, they would have to clear out about 10 locations across the city and consolidate them.”

WeWork, which booted Neumann last month following a scuttled IPO, will now seek to sublease the building at 424 Fifth Avenue, the source said.

WeWork declined commment.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 179October 23, 2019 6:51 AM

[quote]Looks like she's got a nice little grift going on with WeWork. I would LOVE to see their financials.

Community-Adjusted EBITDA

LOL

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 180October 23, 2019 8:33 AM

another forceps baby?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 181October 23, 2019 8:34 AM

She has cane face.

by Anonymousreply 182October 23, 2019 8:49 AM

WeAssholes

WeBankrupt

by Anonymousreply 183October 23, 2019 8:51 AM

They bought up so much property in so many cities, even very recently kicking out long term tenants that were valued in the community? Much of the space sits vacant. What now?

by Anonymousreply 184October 25, 2019 12:50 PM

The Neumanns = crooks from Israel. That's all the needs to be said about them to understand them.

by Anonymousreply 185October 25, 2019 1:48 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!